Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Arrival of an Overlord

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

The Arrival of an Overlord

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yoshua171 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:16 pm

So I was strolling around the internet when suddenly. whilst on the phone with a certain wonderful woman, I was informed of this interesting freeform RP site. After much talk of said site and its allegedly amazing features, I decided to come on over and give it a chance to feel the fear of my reign.

I know, I know what you're thinking: "This is all just a bunch of wishwash and this guy can't really be some kind of overlord." (that or perhaps you're chuckling at the lot of this, in which case, continue ;) )

To that I say "HA, shows what you know!"

Afterall when you've conquered as many people as I have you are not some kind of overlord, you are THE Overlord. Though I wouldn't go so far as to say I am THE GRAND OVERLORD.

No no, that title belongs to someone else, a rival of mine.

Regardless I hope to enjoy myself on my venture to this forum, not to mention my attempt(s) to conquer the lot of you in glorious roleplay!

In all seriousness though, I can't wait to get to know the community 'round here, and see what ya'll have to offer ^_^

Disclaimer: For those of you who got the wrong idea, I am not in fact an arrogant prick. I am an Overlord, but I am generally a rather pleasant individual to deal with.

Further Information

So despite being new to this particular forum, I am far from new to the act of Play-by-post RP, or as most just call it, Forum RP, or RP. I've been at this for roughly 5 or so years now and don't see an end in sight (and hope never to really).

I avidly enjoy original and literature/media-based RPS (Particularly Alternate universe Naruto and Bleach RPs and a highly detailed and fleshed out fantasy genre stories) though I have been known to try other genres as well, these tend to be my typical home. I have GMed more than a few times on more than one or two forums, though not always successfully *sadface* sometimes through faults of my own, but honestly more often than not it seemed to be due to the idea being...too alien to the players, or the players not sticking around long enough for it to go anywhere.

Anywho, I await your replies ^_^
"I once told you...that there is no such thing as coincidence, ...everything happens out of necessity."
- Gankutsuou

Credit to Lillian Thorne.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

yoshua171
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Arrival of an Overlord

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaira on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Welcome to the forum Yoshu! Nice to see you here. :3 I didn't send you, that isn't a thing
My writing is my soul, when you read something I have written, I hope you understand that I am baring my soul to you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celaira
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yoshua171 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:49 pm

You recruit me now isn't this quaint. Regardless, thank you for the welcome Cela-chan~ ;)

yoshua171
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celaira on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:55 pm

Oh, haha, aren't you cute. I hope you get along well in the community here, and I'm sure there's something you'll enjoy RP'ing.

You'll prolly really love the features too once you actually get in to using them. There's a reason I keep coming back.

If you need help with anything, you know you can ask me, but I'm pretty sure one of the Mods will be along soon to help you even more than I can! :3

Celaira
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!