Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

The Black Diamond Circle

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Black Diamond Circle

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:43 pm

[[So, what's the point of this fight? It just makes the two of you seem like bullies, if you can believe that.]]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JTF
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:47 pm

((OOC: Do you mean the fight with Shade and I? This is the way I chose to get my character introduced to the rest of the mages. What's the problem?))
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:50 pm

[[Look at it from an outside perspective. The inn-owner tells you to leave if you aren't going to buy something, then pulls you to the door. In reply, Shade threatens to crush his throat, and you stick a wooden spike in him. You two make such a team.]]

JTF
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:55 pm

((From Shade's perspective, all she saw was some big guy harassing a defenseless woman. Saylee screamed in pain, so Shade assumed the man was hurting her, and she reacted by defending her. And I don't think Saylee stabbed him, I think she just hit him. Rather, that's how I took it.))
Last edited by Shadeyrou on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:56 pm

((OOC:I didn't stick a wooden spike in him. I just hit his knee with it, first of all. Second of all, it's not your business what I do with my character. If you don't like it, then react to it with your character. Don't sit there and complain about what we're doing. I'm not going to change my posts and the actions of my character because you don't think it makes sense.))

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:26 pm

[[Well, you've both missed my point, but you're right, I should react to it in character. And good God, do you realise how arrogant you sound? I voice a concern and your reply is "get lost its my character".]]

---

The sea air, the biting wind and the incessant chattering of the rest of the world were now only serving to get on Lorina's nerves. There was no clock to be seen, but she guessed that "The Wizard" - thinking of his name in speech marks had become second-nature, and would remain so until she got some proof - was late nonetheless. A wave broke against the harbour wall, showering her with a salty spray, and Lorina decided to scrap the whole idea of sitting outside. Pushing her fringe out of her face, she sidled away from the group and towards the building she'd seen one of the other "students" go into already. The inn promised warmth and, with luck, some food - Lorina hadn't eaten since the previous morning.

But when she put her head around the door, all the chances of that went flying out of the window. The crowded inn had frozen in shock as a burly man - Lorina guessed he was the inn's bartender, as there was nobody serving - struggled to remove the hands of the woman hanging from his back from around his throat, and a second girl hit the innkeeper with a bit of broken barstool. Looking at the scene in incredulity, Lorina nonetheless took the opportunity to get into the warmth and distance herself from the two troublemakers; she was still hungry, but it was nothing worth getting into a fight over.

JTF
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:24 pm

In the future it might be better to restrict discussions/disagreements over character choices - that take up more than a few posts - to a separate thread, or PM's if you want to discuss things in more privacy.

For the record, JTF, my opinion is that if what actually happened correlated to your post (below), you may have had cause to raise an issue. However, the way you portrayed it was completely unrepresentative:

The inn-owner tells you to leave if you aren't going to buy something, then pulls you to the door. In reply, Shade threatens to crush his throat, and you stick a wooden spike in him.

Whereas in actuality a heavy-set man approaches Saylee, is aggressive, attempts to remove her using unnecessary force given that she is a young woman, and promptly causes her much pain. An acquaintance of hers decides to rectify this injustice. I would say that is fair. Saylee does not stab the man in any way.

Given this, Angel has cause to defend herself, and reiterate that her character is her own. Responding with this:

And good God, do you realise how arrogant you sound? I voice a concern and your reply is "get lost its my character".

Was unnecessary. Not only do you use quotation marks for something that again, was never said, you are escalating the situation for no reason. There is simply no need to start insulting people. If you really, really do want to, may I suggest taking it to the flame wars threads so that other peoples experiences are not interrupted by this nonsense.

Shock
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JTF on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:41 pm

[[The quotation marks? That was just a summary of the post. Anyway, there's not much I can do in-character at the moment.]]

JTF
Member for 17 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shock on Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:42 pm

((OOC: I’m adding each post to a single document, whilst removing the OOC parts and cleaning up the occasional typo I find. I’ll post updated versions once a week, so if people want an easier way to recap the plot, I’m on it.

The Story So Far: http://files-upload.com/files/631828/The%20Black%20Diamond%20Circle%20-%20Story%20So%20Far.doc
(Link valid for 14 days - That'll work out fine I'm sure, given I'm replacing them)

Here be my character profile in case anyone wants to reference it without having to trawl back and find it: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/bryce-finley-t3322.html

Oh, and thanks so much for the compliment, Angel. :)

JTF, after the incidents earlier today in the chat, I’m sure we’d all like to know whether you will be continuing with this RP or not, as well as RPGateway as a whole. Thanks.))

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Outside on the waterfront, the sun had moved ever so slightly past its zenith. The deadened sound of wood rattling across the cobblestones interspersed with the clip-clop of hooves on stone announced the presence of a rather ornate carriage as it moved towards the pier. Fine metalwork twisted about its structure like a creeper, although it stopped short of any gold leaf or gemstones set into the design. Two dark coated bays were guided by a slightly overweight, middle aged man sitting atop the carriage.

The muffled sound of their passage through the city heard from within was suddenly cleared as a young boy parted the mahogany curtains to peer out at the sky, his face speaking plainly of worry.

“Will he still be there? We’re going to be late!” He spoke into mid-air as his eyes scanned the sky, and then dropped to the horizon. “I can’t see anyone!”

“If this man went to the trouble of writing you a letter and sending it to you on the wind, I think he’ll wait a moment before he gives up on you, Master Bryce.” The man at the reins replied kindly.

Bryce’s eyes returned to the approaching pier, narrowing slightly as he tried to make out anyone who looked the part of a wizard. Masts and crates got in the way of his vision, as did the glare of the sun. The air was crisp and refreshing, but the sun rather bright on the eyes, he thought. He supposed Tomas was right. They’d be there soon anyway, and there was nothing he could really do about it. He began to hum a tune to himself, the beginnings of a song he was working on.

Retreating into the body of the carriage, he pulled the curtain fully aside so that he kept his view as he sat looking out over the water on his left. Only a little while later, Tomas reined the horses in at the beginning of the pier, outside an inn. As Bryce jumped down to the street, he heard sounds of a commotion coming from the inn’s direction. He started to walk quickly towards the inn, an expression of interest on his face, before Tomas called him back with a firm word.

“Your father told you not to go getting involved with anyone who spends their time drinking all day, let alone those who start fights. Come up here and sit with me, and we’ll wait for this wizard of yours. Come on Master Bryce. I’ve got some cured ham and bread for you I brought along.”

Turning away from the inn slowly, Bryce sighed and clambered up onto the top of the carriage next to Tomas. His eyes widened as he took up the food, and promptly began rushing it into his mouth almost as fast as he could swallow.

After a brief pause afforded him as a result of eating too fast, he looked along the pier. A few people were milling around, but no-one who he thought might be a learned and presumably elderly mage. Reaching into one of his coat pockets, he pulled out the letter he had received at court a few days ago, unfolded it carefully, and scanned through its contents again, to check the time.

“We’re fine, Master Bryce, he’ll be here. He knows how to find you, that much is clear.”

Nodding, Bryce placed the letter neatly atop his lap. Lofting the very last of the bread he couldn’t finish, a thin vine sprouted from its surface and wrapped itself around and around until he had a hard, green ball made out of the tough plant’s stems. He grinned, and threw it level with his head, catching it in his other hand. Ironically, using up the last mouthful of bread to craft his ball had cost him just enough to want that mouthful back again.

Laughing, he carried on throwing the ball back and forth.

Shock
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:24 am

((ooc: wow, you go to work for nine hours and return to find you missed out on a war O_O))

Cassandra stared after as several of the other young mages leaped into a mildly broiling brawl. Well, perhaps not a brawl. But a fight, at least. A skirmish? Either way, there was trouble, and she found herself simply staring, stunned at the sudden violence. This city was more dangerous than most she had encountered. After considering what best to do, she leaned down an picked up a bit of food, sinking her teeth in and chewing slowly. "I sure hope whoever it is that wrote to us shows up soon."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:31 am

((OOC:Did someone delete my reply to JTF after he called me arrogant? I swear I replied, but now it's not there. If someone deleted it for some reason, please let me know why because I was apologizing in the post and trying to clarify. I don't know if my computer just messed up when I tried to post that or something.

I apologize for coming off as arrogant. I was not having a "get lost it's my character" reaction. I just did not understand why you felt it necessary to call us out on something that doesn't even affect your character or anyone else's directly. I really wouldn't have cared if everyone chose not to react because they thought I was being a bully. It would then reveal aspects of everyone's character in the way they reacted.

Thank you Shock for explaining things much nicer than I could have. <3 And I'd like to note that Shock did not defend me, he just explained things.

I also apologize to everyone for this unnecessary argument that has interrupted our RPG. I am not going to say another word about it. I really love this RPG and want it to continue to the end. It's my first RPG in years, and I'm having fun with it and relearning all my skills =D

-Shuts up now-))

Saylee hits the man's knee with the piece of bar stool again, trying to get him to the floor. Her blows do not do much damage because of the weak state she is in, so she tries to rely on multiple hits to get the wide man down, at least so the young woman helping her can get away from him.

The man falls to the floor on his good knee, leaning one hand against the inn's main door.

"Hey! I never wanted to start anything! You can get off of him now! C'mon!" she yelled at the woman, trying to be heard over the crowd that is circled around them.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:27 pm

As the knight rode from the fortress, the passing scenery of the trees and peasnt farmers a welcome montage to his intense journey, he thoght, "Chasing after mages?" he thought "I feel like I should change my name to cloud... HA!" He laughed, as he kicked the horse's sides with his heels. "Onward to the city!"

As the man finaly arrived, he noticed that several senteries were running to the forward guardpost. Being a member of the Knightly class, he decided to take matters into his own hands. "Sirs!" the man inquired "What seems to be the problem?" "Well, There is some sort of barfight, and we don't want to have to bother with it..." Allan smiled "I'll stop it with my Great Blade! Show me the inn in question!." The men then pointed to a buildingon the edge of the block. "I shal deal with it quickly. The knight rode quickly down the block. Hitching hs horse to one of the free posts in front of the bar, he walked inside, looking at the crodw. "Hmm," he said clearly, "What's all this fighting for?"

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Shade hopped off the man. She looked over at Saylee and approached her, "Are you alright?" Shade placed a hand on her shoulder, her face clear of all emotion. She could tell the girl was hurt, and that her clothes were not in the best of conditions. "Alright... Follow me." She tossed the inn keeper some money, "I'll be taking a room upstairs." The crowd made way for her as she lead Saylee to the stairs, and up them.

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:54 pm

Cassandra dropped the delightful food at the arrival of the knight. "Oh! Ah..sir!"
The two girls seemed to be wrapping up their business with the man in the inn...but she doubted they would handle a man with a sword all that well.
She side-stepped in front of the man, coming between him and the inn. "I pardon your beggin-er-beg your pardoning, sir knight...but I do believe peace has restored itself quite nicely." She smiled brightly, casually tapping her staff on the ground. "But I am certain all involved thank you for your willingness to...ah..." She motioned to his sword and armor, "...do the knight...er...right thing."

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:25 pm

Saylee looked up at the woman, almost startled at the lack of emotion on her face. Patches of dust were scattered about Saylee's cheeks with strands of her crimson red hair strewn around her head. She attempted to fix her hair a little and wipe her face off, but her hands were just as dirty as the rest of her.

"I...I'm fine, thank you..." she managed to say quietly. "Thank you for helping me."

She stood up with the woman and began to follow her up the stairs, wincing a little with each step she took. She was hurt worse than she thought. Each movement of her arm and of her right leg shot bolts of pain through each limb. She raised her injured arm to where she could see it and saw no broken skin. It must be just a bruise. She laid her arm back down by her side, holding it with her good arm.

"My name is Saylee." she said, a little louder than before. "Who are you?"

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:33 pm

"Shadelle, call me Shade, or Elle." She looked down at her and gave a slight smile, if only to give the girl some comfort. They finally made it up the stairs, and into one of the rooms. Shade shut the door behind them, "Here..." She reached into her bag and pulled out her only spare robe and handed it to the girl. "It might not fit you so well, but, I assure you it will be more comfortable, it's of a very fine material." She gestured towards the bathroom, "You can change in there, and look for any wounds. I have some bandages and stuff... But nothing very extensive." The bed let out a small creak as she sat down and placed her bag on the floor. "I'm sorry about all that, hopefully we'll be able to leave this place soon. All this attention can't be good."

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:54 pm

"I think I like Shade." she said, smiling slightly back at her.

Saylee followed her down the hallway and into one of the inn rooms. The floors creaked with every step, and there appeared to be holes in the floor every few feet, especially where the floor met the wall.

She caught the robe Shade tossed to her, and couldn't help but smile at how nice it felt. Many ideas ran through her head of all the clothes she could make out of the large piece of fabric.

"Thank you!" she said a little more cheerfully, still smiling while she held the robe. She pulled the crumpled piece of parchment from her dress and unfolded it, handing it to Shade. "Are you one of these mages? I am sup...here to looking..." She paused and leaned over the parchment. "...for this place." She pointed at "Hangman's Pier."

She stepped into the bathroom and kept the door cracked so that she could still hear Shade.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:06 pm

"Yes I am... But I thought would be best to avoid that large group outside. At least until this wizard gets here." Shade fixed her hair a bit and let a soft sigh. "It seems too well thought out, and too many people are involved for it to be a hoax..." She shrugged, "Oh well... Where are you from Saylee?"

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:53 am

"Well..."

Saylee grunted in pain as she pulled one of her boots off. She then leaned against the rather cold wall to try and get the other one off.

"No where important. Just a small place that isn't there anymore."

She winced in pain again as she pulled her other boot off and attempted to get her damp dress off. The cold cloth was sticking to her skin, making it very hard.

"Where are you from?"

She finally pulled her dress over her head and slipped on the robe she was given. She smiled again at the feel of it against her skin. It's been so long since she was this warm and comfortable. She opened the door and stepped out of the bathroom.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadeyrou on Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:46 pm

"I'm not sure it has a name, just a place north of here, near a swamp. Only reason I live there is because it rains so often." She looked Saylee over "I take it none of your wounds are too serious?" She gave a slight smile, "The robe looks good on you. I have some food too, if you're hungry." Shade looked down. Why am I being so nice... I haven't been around strangers in a long time. Shade moved over on the bed and offered her a seat.

Shadeyrou
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!