The Feeling's Mutual [ic, closed]

Topic Tags:

Re: The Feeling's Mutual [ic, closed]

Postby wednesdaysun on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:25 pm

"Pardon him. He just takes some time to get used to, y'know?" Fred said with a smirk and a sigh. "And he doesn't tell his side of the story to just anyone. He didn't even tell Andy about his dad bein'..."

Pausing for a moment, he looked at Miles to see if he was watching or listening, to find that he was leaned over his book trying to read and get his mind off things, before turning to Erin again.

"A felon," he whispered. "His mom don't do much good, either. In a sense, he got no parents either. Just him and his sister. Aaanyways, forget what I said. C'mon. Time for some Bastille."
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:08 am

"I honestly don't think I want to get to know him." The blonde girl sighed gently, raking her hand through her hair. She was just so angry and annoyed at Miles that she just wanted to scream, to get rid of all this anger. How could someone get so annoyed at someone that they barely even knew? She felt a little like she was being very biased towards him, but there seemed to be no reason to like him, so she didn't mind. He was just so irritating.

"I don't have any parents either, you know? You know much they're away - like this morning, I got a letter on the coffee table saying they were in Nigeria with starving children. With another soft sigh, Erin looked at Miles for a second before turning back to her book. One hand came up to rest on her bare neck, hoping to grasp at her necklace, her comfort item, only to remember that it wasn't there. Defeated, the girl dropped both of her hands to the table again, and continued to read.
♥ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. ♥

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:39 am

"Ei, don't say that," Fred said with a bit of a wily undertone to his voice. "I mean, look at me. You thought I was pretty annoying then and yet here you are, talking to moi. Forgive the guy, Rinny, he's gonna get Nana Dora's necklace back for ya. Plus the fact that Andy's a really hard person to get stuff back from. Remember the time I told you that she'd stolen my jock strap? Well, it's been a year, and I've been pleadin' for 'er to give it back but she still hasn't. I bet she hasn't even washed the thing. Ecch."

Just then, Andy came in with Michaela and Taylor, and sat right next to Miles with a smile on her face, and eyeing the lovely pendant in her hands. She turned back and gave Erin a rather nasty smile before turning to Fred and waving hello for a bit before she turned to Miles with worry practically written all over her face.

"Baby? What's wrong?" she asked him, giving him a pat on the shoulder.
"Nothing," he replied flatly, still scanning through his book. "Look, Andrea, we need to talk after class."
"About what?"
"We just-- I need to talk to you and that's it, alright? No questions asked.

"I know how much they're away," Fred replied. "But at least they love you. Or even bothered to leave notes in for you. Meals, even."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:45 pm

"Well, yeah, I mean... you were pretty annoying." Erin laughed a little, gently nudging the guy next to her. Fred had been a very annoying as a kid, before they finally became friends. They also had their tiffs in high school, and hadn't spoken to each other for about a month; that was their longest argument - so he was still the biggest pain in her butt, standing there alongside Miles. She sighed lightly as he promised her that Miles would get her grandma's necklace back, and then she nodded. "I... I know that he will. Just... why does he have to annoy me at the same time as being nice to me?" She asked quietly, before then letting out another laugh. "Ha! Are you serious? She still hasn't given it back to you? If she wasn't with Miles, then I would say that she has some sort of weird crush on you, buddy." She grinned to him.

However, at that moment, Andrea walked into the room. And the look? The look that Andy sent her when she walked into the room sent a shiver down her spine. It was cold, unfeeling and just very harsh. The blonde quickly diverted her eyes to the book in front of her, and kept her mouth shut from then on. Of course she wasn't going to say anything to Fred about the look, for one, wondering if he saw it, and two, knowing that she was the girlfriend of his other best friend. So, with one more sigh, the blonde lifted her head up, ready to listen for the rest of the class to the teacher, not catching any part of the conversation between Miles and his 'lovely' girlfriend.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:21 am

After the tiff in the classroom, everything seemed to have simmered down. Miles was still upset over what had happened. He never should've told her about him. She would've never understood, anyway. No one did, no one ever could. He blamed himself for wanting to talk to Erin again, and it practically haunted him, even as he wandered through the halls of the school, having finished eating his lunch quickly. In his hand, buried deep inside his pocket, was Erin's necklace. He'd finally convinced Andy to give it to him, but for a price he so deeply regretted. Still, he had it with him and as he'd gotten to the wall not very far from the lunch hall, returning after a round, he leaned on it and sighed deeply, contemplating on what had happened.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:09 am

The class flew by quite quickly after the argument between herself and Miles, and Erin slowly began to relax again. There was still a little bit of anger inside her from her heated conversation with him, but she was trying not to let it get to her. The Bastille floated into her head, nestling itself inside all of the other information that was in her brain - learning. It took her mind off of everything that had happened, and she was probably the only one in the classroom that was actually happy about learning something new. The rest of the day flew past quickly, until then lunchtime came.

"Erin! Rinney - over here." Called her friend Melissa, the bubbly brunette almost jumping out of her seat.
"Hey, Mel." The blonde smiled, sitting down opposite her friend, not taking in anything else around her surroundings.
"So?!" Mel asked, her eyes wide with anticipation.
"...So?" Erin asked, her eyebrows raised slightly in confusion as she look at her friend.
"Tell me everything that happened in History."

When their conversation was over, Mel sitting there intrigued, nodding her head in agreement to everything that happened, Erin ended up excusing herself. "Where are you going, Rin?" The brunette asked, tiling her head to the side as she nibbled on her cheese sandwich.
"Just... to sit in solitude and mope." Erin replied with a grin, and then gave her friend a quick hug before heading outside, passing a certain male that she detested in the hallway as she made her way towards the benches on the field.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:33 am

Miles had spotted Erin, the one girl he'd been looking for in all his time roaming around campus, passing by him as he went in the opposite direction. Stopping for a minute, he made a small sort of jog to her to catch up with her. "E-Erin!" he called out, stopping her for a moment.
"Erin, look, I'm sorry for earlier... It's just... I'm not so used to talking to people I don't know all that well. And I'm sorry for shrugging it off. I know I shouldn't have."

Taking the necklace out of his pocket, he handed it to her, gently handling the pendant in his hand knowing how fragile it might've been.

"Here," he said gently. "Be careful with that next time."

If only you knew.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:17 am

Erin was in such a little world of her own, something that was becoming more and more frequent in her life as Miles magically wiggled his way into it, as she walked down the hallway towards the benches. She quickly spun around as Miles' voice shot into her ears, walking into the lockers that were in the middle of the hallway, smacking her head against them. "Ouch..." She muttered to herself, clutching her temple as she looked up at him, a small, embarrassed smile on her face. "Why do they put lockers out in the middle of the hallway so that clumsy people like me can bump into them?" She said quietly, then listening to him.

"No, I'm sorry... I shouldn't have been such an A-Class pain in your behind. You were only doing what you thought was right." The girl sighed, dropping her hand from her temple, and then holding it out for Miles to slip the pendant into. "Thank you... " She said, looking away from the gorgeous pendant in her hand to smile a genuine grin at the boy's face. "Sure... t-thanks a lot, Miles.."
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:00 am

"I deserve that sort of treatment. It seems like nothing I do is right," he said in reply to her blaming herself for being a 'A-Class pain'. "But anyway... You're welcome. See you in class, Erin."

Miles tried to fight back a blush when she smiled at him. He couldn't help it; her smile made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. He rarely saw her smile around him, or even at him, and these would just be one of those rare times. Uttering a small goodbye, he put his hands back in his pocket and walked away from her, taking a look at her for a while before continuing on his way.

Each class went by quickly without him even noticing. Sure, he was listening to the teacher, but at the same time, he couldn't help but remember her smile every moment of that day, up until soccer practice, when Fred was practically waving his hand in front of Miles to see if he was even paying attention to him.

"Something wrong? Ya look like ya got caught up in a doozy or something like that," Fred said, finally getting Miles's attention.
"No," Miles said with a sigh. "Dude, I really, really like Erin. I can't stop thinking about her."
"Then, why dontcha tell her?"
"I don't want her to get hurt."
"Hurt by what?"

For a minute, Miles didn't talk, until he got up from the bleachers and walked away.
"Nothing," he shrugged off as he ran back to the field to play. Fred stood there, confused and wondering what the heck his best friend was talking about. He'd have to find out sooner or later.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:51 am

"See you in class, Miles." Erin said quietly, before then turning away again, heading back to the benches that she had been planning to visit. As she left the hallway, she turned her head back, looking at Miles. She caught his eye, and when she realized that they were both looking at each other, a blush came across the bridge off her nose, making her bite her bottom lip lightly before turning away. For the first time, the blonde girl was realising the little butterflies that entered her stomach when she was around Miles, the small smile that came onto her lips whenever she saw him smile, and the accelerated heart beat that pounded in her chest when she accidentally brushed passed him. "Oh god... please... don't make me fall for Miles Durand..." She muttered under her breath as she sat down on the benches. But, it was all ready too late....

Classes were long and tedious for the girl, but that was only because there was no chance of her seeing Miles any more today. Oh, that thought had never passed through her mind. A school day going bad because she wasn't going to see Miles. Usually, it was a brilliant school day when she didn't see him... but no, that had all changed now. God dammit.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:08 am

The memory of what had happened in that hallway still lingered in Miles's head as he had practice with his teammates. Sure, he was still able to steer the ball around well, but when a teammate passed the ball to him, it had accidentally hit his face, and he was knocked out temporarily until several of them lifted him off to the bleachers. He regained consciousness not long after, and even then did he stare up at the teammates gathered around him in wonder as they were trying to figure out what was wrong with the guy.

"Hey, what's wrong with Durand?" the coach asked them, then turned to Fred.
"Got bitten by somethin', sir. He hasn't been feelin' real well," Fred said, half-lying. "He should be good in a while, I guess."
"You better, Durand. Listen to me, if you keep up this sorta behavior, I'd have to put you in as a substitute. Do you really want that?"
"No sir," Miles managed to utter while he lay down.
"Good. Now stay here for a while, watch the other guys play while you rub the pain outta that cheek."
"Wait, sir," Fred interrupted.
"Now what?"
"I just have somethin' to do. Can ya guys just go on ahead without me?"
"Yeah, whatever," the coach replied. "Come on, sissies, that's it, get in line."

Fred was looking for Erin around campus, and when he'd finally found her, he smiled a bit before he talked. The smile, though, came out a little more awkward than it should've.

"E-e-e... Hahhh, wait a minute," Fred said, panting a bit in exhaustion. "Ugh. D'ya notice anything off with Miles? I mean, he isn't concentrating at all."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:15 pm

There was nothing really for Erin to do now, since she had no classes for the rest of the day, and she debated going home. However, going home to an empty house wasn't really something that she wanted to do, the large house being oddly eerie when it was silent. So, hanging around the school grounds for a while, seeing if Melissa was off time-table yet was probably her best option, seeing as Fred was at football practice with another male, who's very name even sent her heart into little flutters at the moment. Stupid teenage feelings... the blonde groaned in her head, sitting down on a bench and dropping her head into her hands, almost in defeat.

However, her head quickly snapped back up again when there was a voice came from above her, followed by laboured breath. "Fred?" Erin said, her eyes frowning a little in confusion as she looked up at him. "You okay?" She asked, seeing her friend out of breath like that, almost getting a tiny bit worried. "M-Miles? What do you mean, he's not concentrating? All I know is that I got my necklace back, and he just walked away after I smiled at him and we said see you in class. I think that's it. Why? What's wrong?"
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:33 pm

"Oh my god, Miles, Miles that sonuvabitch. What an idiot," Fred grumbled to himself while he paced in front of Erin. He'd finally stopped in his tracks and looked at Erin with a small smirk.
"Sorry," he apologized. "It's just, Miles hasn't been concentrating, right? Can't focus on the ball, can't see where it's coming from, and that got him a smack in the face. From the ball. My god, he isn't usually like this. Anyways, I don't think you'd care about that now, right? Gotta get back before coach strangles me to death."
He waved goodbye and ran in the direction of the field, but he stopped again and ran back to her with an idea in his head.
"Better yet, why don't you come with me? I mean, you don't have to go home yet and there's a lot you can do just watching a couple of guys run around and sweat. I mean, not if you're into that sorta thing. Haha."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:27 am

Erin looked at her friend in confusion, hearing him call the start of the school a 'sonuvabitch.' "What's up, Freddie?" She asked, her head tilting to the side ever so softly, further showing her confusion about this entire situation. Something about the way her friend was acting around her almost worried the blonde, but because the main topic seemed to be Miles and his behaviour, she let that slide a little. "Is he okay?" She asked, her eyes almost wide with concern for the boy. However, she quickly realised her mistake, letting her feelings be seen by another, and she then shrugged her shoulders, hiding it, "not that I really care or anything, you know what I think about him." She said quietly, before then seeing him run off.

Erin was about to smack her head down on the table for being so stupid about her feelings when she heard footsteps running back to her, making her eyes snap back up again. "You sure coach won't mind. You know, I could just sit here... but then again, seeing you run around and sweat is my idea of heaven." The blonde joked with him, before standing up and slinging her bag over her shoulder. "Come on then, I have nothing else better to do - I might as well watch you train."
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:49 am

At first, Fred was surprised. How come she asked how Miles was? Was it because of the friendly exchange that Erin had told him about earlier? He didn't exactly know. But he knew something had to be different about the typically headstrong, Miles-hating girl that he'd known since diaper days. The way she sort of rejected it amused him. Wonderful, he thought. I wonder how I'm supposed to tell Milesy about this. He's gonna flip!

"Hey, I'm sure coach wouldn't mind," he assured. "Although I think the boys will. Nah, ya got me, so you're fiiiine."

The two trudged back to the soccer field again, this time being an ample distance away from where Erin was seated. Miles was still on the bleachers recovering from the hit, and the rest of the guys, as their attention was caught by the two arriving, started to jeer and cheer in their own teasing way. As the woops became even louder as the two neared the field, Fred could only utter a laugh.

"Shut up," he laughed out loud.
"Hoho, you two-timing freak," one of them yelled out, the whole team bursting into laughter.
"Come on, you guys, she's just a friend."
"And you'd invite her to come see us sweat? Lovely."
"Yeah, Freddie. Where're the roofies?"
"Agh, shut up you guys. She's practically like my little sis. Ya know."
"Riiight."

Miles had caught a glance of her, however, and he just tried to divert his attention away, to find that he couldn't get his eyes off her.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:19 am

Erin's face blushed a deep shade of red as she walked towards the football field with Fred. What the jeers and cheers were for from the football team, she would never know. Most of them knew her as Fred's little friend anyway, his younger sister if you will. The blush on her cheeks died down after a few moments of standing there, a small smile coming to her lips as she head them all taunting her friend. "It's okay, Fred. They're just jealous that you're my friend, and they're not." She joked, grinning a large smile and then tucking a strand of loose hair behind your head. "I better let you get back to practice, shouldn't I? I'mma going to just go and sit down and survey." She smiled, before heading over to the bleachers.

However, as she made her way over there, someone sitting down caught her eye. He was looking at her, just as she was looking at him, but she couldn't divert her eyes. [i]It's okay - just walk to the other side of the bleachers. You don't even have to talk to him, okay? Just walk to the oth-- hey, legs, what are you doing? No, I don't want to go over and see him. Legs, you better stop right now. Please? Stop?" She argued with herself, however, her legs not listening. Erin made her way towards the bleachers, sitting down next to Miles with a soft smile on her face. "Hey - I heard you got hit in the face... are you okay?"
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:08 am

He'd finally diverted his gaze from Erin, but when he realized that she was heading his way, his heart had a way of trying to leap out of his chest with the expectation of disaster or just a harmless conversation. It seemed that his heartbeat grew faster and faster whenever she took a step near him, and when she'd set herself down next to him, he'd exploded. He was just so embarrassed for what had happened to him and letting himself be distracted by this girl. He shouldn't have. She hated him. What she was just showing him now was just kindness out of pure gratitude, right? He tried to take advantage of this as much as possible -- he wouldn't get this chance often and now was just the time to snag it.

"No, not really," Miles said honestly. "But thanks for asking."

For a while, he stared at the guys getting lectured by their coach yet again, but caught Fred's gaze as he practically smiled smugly at Miles. Fred was completely amazed that Miles and Erin could even sit next to each other, much less hold conversation with each other. Rare. He didn't even know why she hated Miles, but he believed that Miles would be a good match for her. Someone calm to calm down the fiery girl inside. Hopefully, nail her down to the ground and keep her there too. And Miles would have someone to help remind him that he needed to smile and feel truly happy for once. But getting back to Miles and Erin, they just sat there in an awkward silence as Miles rubbed his cheek.

"So, uhm, how'd Freddie coerce you into going here?" he asked. "I don't think this is a very good place to be if you don't wanna see sweaty guys or topless guys, at that."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:24 am

The blonde frowned ever so slightly said about not really being okay, and her head automatically tilted slightly to the left, like a curious cat that had just found something interesting to look at. "What do you mean not really?" She asked him, a little worried. Yes, she had just been told by Fred that the male in front of her had had a ball kicked towards his face and had been knocked unconscious by it for a few moment, but she hoped it hadn't damaged anything seriously. It didn't look like it had, but something internally could always be arising. Don't get too ahead of yourself, Erin. You don't like this boy, remember? You're supposed to -- Oh, shut up brain. Erin argued with herself in her mind, before quickly turning back to Miles.

"Oh, Fred? Eh, he can usually make me do anything. When I'm in one of my stubborn moods, all he has to do is just give me a shove in the right direction, and I'll end up doing exactly as he said. He's like a very protective older brother." Erin laughed lightly, pushing that annoying strand of hair out of her way again, and then heading back to the conversation. "Well, I don't mind. It's either sitting here and talking to people and being around people, or going back to a large, empty house alone. I think I have the better deal." She smiled.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:24 am

"N-nothing," he immediately took back. "It's nothing, really. Just... It's personal."

He listened with a small smile creeping its way to one side of his face as he listened to Erin talk about how she and Fred were like. Brother and sister. At least they were able to talk. He was jealous of how Fred was able to talk to her, even though he knew that they were childhood friends. He just wished that he were her childhood friend too. Maybe then she would stop judging him.

"I think you might really have the better deal," he said as if he were breathless, and looked to the skies in complete and utter boredom, part of the pain having subsided from his face. "I guess it really beats just watching nothing go by. But cars."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:22 am

"Sorry - I didn't mean to pry..." Erin replied quickly, after Miles had stated that it was a personal thing. She hated people like that - who wanted to know things that really weren't their business, even though they may have good intentions to help. Usually, they were just being annoying. She had almost turned in to one of those people, and she very nearly had to suppress a shudder. However, as she spoke about herself and Fred being so close, she could see the small smile growing on his face, just ever so slightly. Why it made him so happy that she was pretty much best friends with Freddie, she'd never know, but it almost made her smile back. He really did have an adorable smile, especially when he was trying to hide it from her.

"Yeah, I think I do have the better deal. Cars going by are just... eh, not as fun as seeing sweaty guys running around." She laughed slightly, turning to smile at him, before then again noticing the red mark on his cheek where he had been hit by the flying football. "D... Do you need any sort of ice for that? I could go get some for you if you wanted?" She asked quietly, seeing that the mark looked quite painful. It almost looked as if it was beginning to swell a little bit as well, which is why she suggested the ice for him.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.