The Feeling's Mutual [ic, closed]

Topic Tags:

Re: The Feeling's Mutual [ic, closed]

Postby wednesdaysun on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:05 pm

"No. We'll stay," Miles said firmly but gently, stroking Erin's hand with his thumb. "You need it."
"Yeah. We can't just leave ya here. That'd just be, ya know, rude and all," Fred said, glancing a bit at Miles's mum to see if she would get mad at his reaction.
"Fine. But if you leave Jane in the house--"
"Mum, I got it," Miles said angrily. He turned back to Erin, who was still pretty much in shock. "You can't just be alone here. In your state at that."
"Yeah. You got us guys here with ya. Ya know. Bodyguards."
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:58 pm

Erin looked up at Miles, a very soft smile coming onto her face as she heard both him and Fred say that they were going to stay with her, that they weren't heartless enough to leave her alone in the hospital in a state such as if; proving that for some reason, both of them cared about her. "T-Thank... th-thank you..." She said quietly, her eyes moving between the boys as she stammered these two words out. Her thumb idly stroked Miles', the blonde herself not realising that it was doing this, because of the fact that her mind was miles away.

"B-Bodyguards?" A small giggle came out of her mouth, the only sign of true emotion, other than the forced tiny smile from earlier, as she made eye contact with Fred, before then moving to the other male who was comforting her. "I... I t-think I can dea-deal.. with that.."

Sorry about the shortness :(
♥ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. ♥

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:06 am

's alright. :D Mine's HORRIBLY short. :D

Soon after that wait, and soon after Miles's mum took off on another call, they were able to see Mr Hargreaves, and in terrible condition. Not wanting to intrude on the father-daughter moment, the two boys went out of the room and basically just stayed there for some duration.

"Miles, you okay?" Fred asked, looking at his best friend with a sly face. "You look red."
"N-nothing," Miles denied.
"Oh, it was because you held Erin today."
"Shut up."
"Why don't you just tell her that you like her then? Wouldn't you want to hear a yes?"
"Well, what if it's a 'no'?"
"Then move on."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:01 am

"Daddy?" Came Erin's timid voice as she slowly made her way into her father's hospital room. Without the feeling of comfort coming from holding Miles' hand, the blonde felt almost alone, scared.
"Erin..." Alistair's raspy voice was heard from the bed, and an arm shakily stretched out, his fingers moving, trying to grab onto his daughter. Almost tripping over nothing, Erin ran over to her father's side, taking his hand into hers and holding it tightly.
"Oh, daddy! I... I t-though.. I t-though you were go-going.. to d-die..." Her voice choked out, tears fully streaming down her face once more.
"E-Erin.. your... mother... She --"
"I know... I k-know, daddy..." She weeped, her tears falling onto her father's hand, her eyes staring blankly into his. "A-Are... y-you....okay?" She asked him, squeezing his hand lightly.

He looked terrible. Cuts all over his face and body, his arms looked like they had been cut to shreds, his chest having been covered in large strips of bandages because of the shrapnel that had been removed from his body. He looked like a mess, but he had to survive... he had to... he was her father...
"I'll... b-be... I'll b-be fine, s-sweetie..." He almost whispered, giving her hand a very soft squeeze, before letting it go. "I.. I need s-some.. sleep... b-baby." He said quietly, forcing a gentle smile to come onto his lips. "G-Go... home and r-rest... don't s-stay h-here... okay?" Alistair asked her, receiving a small nod from his daughter. "Good... g-girl... I love yo-you... s-so much... Y-Your... mother would b-be... p-proud..." He told her, making more tears stream from her eyes.
"I l-love you too.. daddy..." She cried, before leaning forward and pressing a very gentle kiss to his forehead. "I'll b-be back tomorrow..." She smiled lightly, and then she left the room, taking one final look back at her father, who was already drifting off to sleep.

The woman made her way back to the two males, the tears still falling from her eyes. Not even thinking about it, before the major sobs escaped her lips, Erin moved towards Miles, wrapping her arms around his waist, needing his comfort. And then, she cried.

It's finee ^_^
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:24 pm

"It's best we send her home, bub," Fred said to Miles as he held her back. "But her car's back at school. We need to go back and get it too."
"Yeah. J-just wait a moment, okay? She needs a little while to let it out."

Miles felt all heartbroken just seeing her cry like that. It was way too painful for him. He imagined if his sister were to cry like that, he'd feel the same thing; maybe except the fact that they'd never really want to cry over their father. He was just insane. Miles looked at her on his chest, and wished that Mr Hargreaves would just be better just for her. As he stroked her blonde hair, he gave her reassuring little shushes, and sighed.

"Come on, Erin. Time to go," he said to her softly.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:52 am

For some reason, every time that Erin had her arms wrapped around Miles, she felt as if nothing could touch her; she felt as if she was on Cloud Nine. She was just so happy when she was close to him, and even in the state that she was in now, she could feel that happiness. She never wanted to let him go from this moment, always holding him like this. The way that he was stroking her hair was oddly comforting, and caused a very small smile to flicker onto her face, one that she was glad no-one could see because it was pressed into her chest. But then, as her mother crossed her mind once more, that smile fell away. How can you be happy in this world when your mother is dead, Erin Genevieve Hargreaves! You disgust me... She thought to herself, before then hearing Miles' voice break her little daydream.

"Oh... o-okay..." She said, pulling away from Miles' warmth, wanting to take his hand again, to get any sort of comfort from him some more, but couldn't bring herself to do so. He had a girlfriend that he seemed to be happy enough with, and she had thrown herself on him too many times today. She wrapped her arms around herself, trying to get rid of the goosebumps as her jacket having been left on the bleachers at school, before then walking towards the hospital exit.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:23 am

They made it out to the parking lot, and Miles helped Erin get in the car before climbing in himself. Once they were on the road, there was an awkward silence, except for the Panic! at the Disco playing on the radio. Miles remained silent, but so wanted to talk to Erin and tell her that everything was alright, but she probably had someone. Or probably still hated him. He didn't know. It puzzled him that she even turned to him for comfort. He felt warmth when he held her close, and he was sure she felt that too, but on a typical day, she'd blow him off and just ignore him.

"Uhm... I know... I know it isn't much consolation but... I feel real sorry about... About your dad," Miles started, not looking at her and finding himself unable to look her in the eyes. "Is there... Is there anything I can do? I mean, to make it easier for you? I can tell the guys to ignore you. Or the girls to stop picking on you for a while. Just... Anything."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:58 am

Usually, Panic! At The Disco was one of Erin's favourite bands, and she'd be singing along with the song that was on the radio, Camisado, seeing as it was one of her favourites. However, obviously, the girl wasn't in the mood to be singing right now, and she just sat in the back seat of the car in silence, staring out of the window at the scenery moving past them at a fast speed. She could see people laughing and having fun as they drove, and she wished that this event had never happened and everything had been fine in her life. But it wasn't. And nothing could ever change that again.

"No... th-thank you... but no..." She said quietly, turning her head away from the many happy scenes outside in the sunny day, moving to look at Miles. "I... I don't want anything t-to change... I want... no, I need normal. Nothing can c-change, okay?" She said quietly, the tears having stopped pouring down her cheeks now, but her eyes all still red and puffy from crying. She didn't think that she was that attractive anyway, and especially now, she looked like a mess. She turned away from Miles again, trying to hide the fact from him that she was lying. Of course she wanted something to change. She wanted the relationship between them to change. She wanted to be in his arms all the time, and not have anyone call her up about it, because he was his. But that would never happen. Andrea wouldn't let that happen.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:18 am

"It's fine by me. As long as it gives you consolation," he said softly, trying not to sound too offending.
"Well, at least let us give you a hug," Fred said, sighing. "It's the least we could do, although a little out of the ordinary considering Miles."
"Shut up," Miles chuckled, but still with a rather worried expression spread across his face. "No, seriously, Erin. If... If there's anything, just tell me. At school maybe. Don't.. Don't mind Andy. She can be a bitch sometimes, but yeah."
"Hoho, a bitch. Wait 'til she hears that, bub. Wait 'til she hears that."
"Come on, Freddie."
"'Come on, Freddie.' Ya gotta be kidding me, Milesy. You're a softy today."

Miles then reached over to give her a one-armed hug, letting her lean into him once more.
"It's fine if you don't want to talk about it," he said, before shooting Fred a death stare.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:27 am

"It does..." Erin said quietly, her eyes looking back out of the window, the sun heading behind some angry looking clouds. It was probably going to rain, and if she had been in her normal mood, she would have laughed a little. But no, the rain just showed her feelings now, and she knew that it was just make her depressed even more. Stupid pathetic fallacy. She thought to herself, running a hand absent-mindedly through her tangled mess of blonde locks, trying to get them into some sort of order before being seen in public again. Despite all that she had been through and was going through, being a mess was something that she didn't want - she didn't want people finding out what had happened to her and her family, and she sure as hell wasn't going to let it be seen in her appearance.

As Miles pulled her into another hug, a small smile came across her face once more. Her head rested gently on his shoulder, her hand reaching over to grasp his other one in hers, squeezing it lightly. "Thank you... both of you for doing this for me..." She said quietly, her voice beginning to come back now as the tears stopped, again not wanting to make a spectacle of herself. She knew that she was going to break down again later anyway when she was laying in her bed, so why cry now? "She'll kill you if she heard that..." The blonde let out a small giggle, again squeezing his hand. "Hell, s-she'll kill you if she sees you hugging me like this... Then she'll k-kill me..."
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:05 am

"You're welcome. Hey, don't think that way," Miles chuckled a bit. "I'm already dead by her. Trust me, word spreads fast."
The dark clouds that loomed outside got even more ominous as they drove past the scenery. It was strange. The rain seemed like a good idea today, and yet Miles wanted no inch of it on the ground whatsoever. But maybe it just wasn't his day today. Maybe he just didn't want to get rained on when he walked home.
"What should we do now?" Miles asked Fred.
"Why don't you get her something?" he asked, then turning to Erin as he drove. "So, what will it be for Miss Hargreaves today?"
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 am

Erin laughed again at Miles' words, still not moving from her highly comfortable position, her hand squeezing his hand once again lightly. "Oh well, that's n-not good." She smiled, adjusting her head position ever so slightly. "We need you alive, Miles." She giggled, still not sure how she could be making jokes about someone being alive in this moment, because she had just lost her mother. What kind of heartless person could act like that, joking about life and death, when their mother was somewhere at the bottom of the sea, probably being eaten by some sort of crazy fish with killer teeth and -- Erin quickly pulled away from Miles, the thoughts raging around in her head taking away the smile that should have occupied her face.

"Oh.. erm... I don't know..." She said quietly, her emotions going straight back to being quite solemn and depressed again, even after her happy little conversation with the boys. She slowly cuddled back into Miles, hoping he'd let her into his embrace once more after she had just pulled away like that.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:31 pm

Miles couldn't help but laugh at her statement. So, this was what she was like when she joked around. When she actually smiled. Laughed. This was how nice she was to be around. And then, he wondered why she didn't have as many friends. She was wonderful.

Miles was startled that she had pulled away so suddenly. Right now, he was wondering if she'd realized how wrong this was in her terms. She despised him. How come she was this way today? Did she take anything this morning? Was it because of what happened to her family? Her sudden change baffled him so much. How come? Why would she do this? More and more questions filled the young man's head as seconds and minutes passed, until she replied that she didn't know exactly.

"Let's drop by the convenience store, see if there's anything you'd like," Fred replied with a smile. "And slushies."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:52 am

Before she had settled back down into his embrace, Erin had seen the look of confusion and even a slight touch of worry in his eyes. She wanted to tell him, and explain to him that it was wrong of her to be like this, joking around and enjoying life just after her mother had lost hers. She felt like a piece of her insides had been ripped out, and now she was joking around? How could she be so insensitive and such a bitch like that? How disrespectful was she being right this very moment. It was wrong, and she just wanted to scold herself for it, to talk to her mother and ask for forgiveness.

However, as she lay back in Miles' arms once more, his body warmth instantly soothing her again, she let her guard drop down a little bit more. Of course, she was still upset, and didn't want to do anything except cry, or just never move again until her mother came back, but she had to. She couldn't live like this - grieving. She couldn't. It wasn't her. Erin was someone that pushed all her emotions to the back of her mind, hiding them from everyone around her so that no-one would really know what was going on. Even though this was a hell of a lot more major than just an argument with her friend, and her mother would never be coming back, she had to do the same here. No-one was going to know what had happened to her and her family, except the three of them in the car. It was secret. Hide it, Erin... hide it...

"S-Slushies? Awesome." She smiled ever so slightly, her head once again resting on Miles' shoulder.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:06 am

"Erin, just tell me, what's wrong?" Miles asked worriedly, a bit hushed so that Fred wouldn't hear. "It wouldn't leave this car. I promise."

Fred just turned back and smiled before looking at the road, then suddenly swerving as they almost hit an incoming car.

"Oh--shit." Fred suddenly yelled out as they were jerked to the side, and they'd managed to get back on track.
"Fred, what was that for? Eyes on the road, please!" Miles said in disbelief and in fright, just before relief set in.

(sorry it's so short! :D)
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Erin didn't know if she should tell Miles the real reason that she was feeling even worse about this whole situation - she thought that if she did, he might find her as silly in a way, or even a little moronic. But after a couple of moments deliberation, she decided to tell him the truth. "Well," She began, her voice as quiet as his has been, "I just feel so wrong with myself. I mean... my mother... and I'm just sitting here making jokes and smiling. I can't be... I shouldn't be... it's wrong.." She said quietly, her head having been lifted up so that she could look into his eyes as she spoke these solemn words.

Then suddenly, Fred slammed the car into the opposite direction to avoid an oncoming car. Erin flew to the side, into Miles, and coincidently, her lips just had to meet his as she headed in his direction. She pulled away as quickly as she could, her cheeks red and flushed, her eyes closed and her head down in embarrassment. "I... I'm sorry... Stupid car..." She said, before shifting away from him once more, the embarrassment taking over her whole body.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:53 am

"She would've wanted you to smile despite everything," Miles said quietly. "Look, I may not exactly know your mum, and I know that it's so cliche, but... I really believe she wanted you to do that. I mean, she loves you. And honestly, I'm jealous of you."

How he reacted to the accidental kiss, though, was different. As soon as she'd pulled away, his cheeks flushed bright red, and dipped his head in the same way Erin did. Out of sheer embarrassment, he couldn't even bear to look at her.
"N-n-no, it's fine," he reassured, although this was done with no eye contact whatsoever. "It's okay. Really."

And he couldn't help but close his eyes, turn away for a while and try to appreciate or rather, derive some sort of amusement, from the situation, but he couldn't bring himself to do it at all. He was just too embarrassed. Fred, however, was a different story. He chuckled to himself as they dropped by the convenience store.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:44 am

Since the accidental kiss, Erin stayed in silence, her forehead resting against the window of the car, her head bobbing with every jolt of the car. She thought about the words that Miles had said to her about her mother before their little mishap, and it almost brought a small smile to her face. Yes, he was right. Her mother would have wanted her to be smiling, to not let the pain of her death get to her, and too keep her head held high, not shedding any tears. Of course, that was easier said than done, but the thought alone almost made her smile just a little. Besides, thinking about Miles' words took her mind off of the butterflies that were in her stomach, darting around because their lips had brushed together.

However, as she sat there looking out of the window at the rain that had begun to fall over the land, she thought about something that he had said. So, still looking out of the window, not wanting to look at him for fear of embarrassment, Erin spoke. "M-Miles... why... why are you jealous?"
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:00 pm

"Didn't have much of a mother or father growing up," he said. "An abusive dad and a mum who doesn't pay attention to a thing me or my sister says. How can you get more alone than that? I'm jealous because... There was love in your house."

Fred listened intently to the two. Sure, Fred had told Erin that Miles was just a lonely guy, but she needed to know it from the guy himself. It was no use when she was mad. Nobody listens when they're mad.

"Guys, we're here," Fred said, trying to lift their spirits. "Come on, slushies won't wait all day. Let's go, chop chop."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:46 am

"An... abusive dad..." Erin almost gasped a little, head head still leaning against the window, the sadness of Miles' life flitting in through her ears as he spoke to her. "That's..." Slowly, with a gentle sigh, the blonde turned back to the male that she had been looking away from, her eyes linking up with his for the first time since their accidental kiss. The butterflies soared through her stomach and she felt a blush rise to her cheeks, but she didn't hide it. As they pulled into the car park of the store, she unclipped her seatbelt and moved closer to him, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear as she did so. Slowly, she moved forward, placing a very gentle, slightly sympathetic kiss on his cheek. "I... I'm sorry..." She said quietly, before then getting out of the car as Fred pronounced that they were there.

Erin rubbed her eyes as she got out of the car, and hurried towards the store in the pouring rain. It didn't do much though, she still got soaked through, probably down to her underwear. Well, at least it hid the tears from the things that she had been told today. "But... you have Andrea, right? She had to be some sort of light in your life?" Erin said, when Miles had arrived next to her in the store. The fact that she was talking about someone else made her thoughts ease up a little, and she felt a tiny bit of relief for the first time since the news has hit her about her family's accident.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.