The Feeling's Mutual [ic, closed]

Topic Tags:

The Feeling's Mutual [ic, closed]

Postby wednesdaysun on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:08 pm

The Feeling's Mutual
Don't post here unless you're Imagine That! or wednesdaysun.

Name Miles Arthur Durand
Nicknames? Art, Artie or Maddie (from his initials)
Age Eighteen

Bio Miles Arthur Durand was born on a sunny June day eighteen years ago to Rebecca and Ethan Durand. Unfortunately, Artie's life wasn't all that sunny. You see, as a child, he was the victim of child abuse, to which his mother was powerless against as she was also affected by her husband's drunken behavior. He wouldn't go a month without being bruised by his dad or being yelled at and called stupid, all while the house and his father smelled like alcohol. This didn't even stop when his mother got pregnant with his younger sister, Jane, when he was seven. From that moment on, he was determined to get rid of the man he called dad. His mother filed for a divorce, got what she wanted along with full custody of her children (along with some visitation rights from their father) and moved away. Far away from where they used to live. Now Artie works a part-time job to help his mom pay the bills.

Others He's taken an interest in someone, but hasn't actually done anything because of his clingy girlfriend.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Re: The Feeling's Mutual [ic, closed]

Postby Imagine That! on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Name:
Erin Genevieve Hargreaves

Nicknames:
There aren't many nicknames for her, but some people call her Eri, or sometimes even Gen.

Bio:
Erin was adopted from the FitzWilliam Orphanage for Abandoned Children at the age of three by Kristin and Alistair Hargreaves, being a young girl that was left on the orphanage steps at the age of just three weeks old, with a note attached to her saying, 'her name is Erin, look after her well. The Hargreaves were very rich, and the change in lifestyle was almost overwhelming for the child. However, she soon settled into her new life, and grew to love Kristin and Alistair and all of their family as if she had been born as a Hargreaves in the first place. As she moved into high school, Erin never wanted anything, and just quietly sat at the back, doing her work. She never showed off to anyone that she was rich, and she didn't think that barely anyone had noticed. Her only friend came in the form of Melissa Bordeaux, the only girl that she had the nerves to talk to, and to even take to her home for tea. Melissa is the only real friend that Erin has, as she gets bullied by most of the popular people in the school, the Barbie's and Ken's, as she and Mel put it. The girl has just learnt to take it now, and it's rare that she ever lets it make her cry now, as that is just making the bullies get what they want. She hasn't told her parents about what's going on at school because she doesn't want to let them see their happy daughter saddened by some stupid adolescents.

Other: She secretly has her navel pierced, and she has the most gorgeous husky dog named Kira. Oh, and she really, really detests him. She also wears contact lenses, because her glasses were broken.
Last edited by Imagine That! on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♥ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. ♥

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:06 am

Miles was worn down by the previous day's activities. He'd come back from an exhausting day at school, had another round of exhaustion from work, and was exhausted as he got home. He could've sworn he passed out on the couch and just wished he wouldn't wake up. But wake up he did, and just in time for the alarm clock upstairs to go off. Slowly lifting his head from the couch, where a blanket was spread across his body which he could've sworn was his mother -- it was impossible that his sister could've even lifted a finger to do something nice like that. At least, that was what he'd thought. But these thoughts were trivial to him. Shaking these thoughts off, and wiping off the spit that had partly soaked the part of the sofa he slept in, he got off the sofa, made his way upstairs to turn the alarm off before marching his way into the bathroom, hoping to get a refreshing shower. Instead, what he got was a younger sister attempting to shave her legs. Luckily though, she didn't even let the razor touch her legs yet as this was her first time and really quite hesitant to do so too.

"Ya know," he started, a sly smile creeping onto his face as he watched the surprise rack through Jane as she immediately turned around, dropping the razor onto the floor. "That's my razor. Your leg could get infected if you cut yourself. And besides, what the heck were you doing?"
"I was trying to shave my legs!" she groaned, a frown coming onto her features as she looked at her older brother with her stink eye. "Like those other girls at school."
"Jane, you're eleven. Girls like you, they don't shave their legs yet."
"Oh, yes they do."
"No they don't. Okay, there are. But if you wanna look like a whore, then be my guest. I ain't the one lookin' out for you here. Mom is."

Jane immediately groaned and sighed at her brother, just dropping whatever she was doing and going out of the bathroom, much to his pleasure. He picked up his razor and with a gentle clean of it and some shaving cream, the eighteen year old was shaving his face, his facial hair, well, grown in the night. His blonde bedhead hair was sticking out in all different directions, but that was easily solved thanks to a shower and breakfast. He set off not too long after to school, where Andrea, his head cheerleader girlfriend and the guys from the soccer team were. At school, he wasn't treated like trash. He was one of the kings of the hierarchy. Popular, good-looking, dating the hottest girl in school. What more could he want? Well, nobody really knew he wanted nothing more than to get away from it all. And all because of a certain girl in several of his classes. One who apparently hated his guts.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:44 pm

"Miss Erin? Miss Erin, it's time for you to wake up." said a soft voice, bringing the young blonde out from her sleeping state.
"Mhm?" Her tired voice muttered into the duvet, her eyes barely squinting open as her own personal 'maid', Clara threw open the curtains in her bedroom.
"I said, it's time for you to wake up, or you'll be late for school, Miss Erin."
"Clara, how many times have I asked you to just call me Erin?"
"Sorry, Mi--... Erin." The young brunette smiled, just as the blonde did.
"There ya' go." She grinned, before hopping out of bed.

In about 30 minutes, the girl had showered, and got ready so that she looked like this, all ready for her day at school. Make up was done, hair was done, and she grabbed her bag as she flew down the stairs, stopping when she saw the note that lay on the small round telephone table at the bottom of the stairs. The note read, 'Dearest Erin, we've had to shoot off to Nigeria, as we got a call from our publicist saying that we could land an interview on Oprah if we help out the poor, darling children that are starving out here. We love you so much, and shall see you when we get back. Love, Mum and Dad xx.
"Great... they're gone again.." The young blonde sighed softly, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear. She quickly discarded the note, dropping it into the waste paper basket, along with a lot of the other notes that she had woke up to find resting on that very same table. With her appetite ruined, Erin headed outside to her car, the eighteenth birthday present that her parents had bought for her, hoping that it would boost her popularity. Sadly, it just made her more tormented, the 'plastic people' of the school bugging her about why a little nerd like her had a posh and expensive car like that. Sighing softly, Erin opened the door of her convertible, leaving the roof up today as it drew less attention to her, and then headed to school, the dread inside her already filling her gut.

When she arrived at the school gate, there were barely any cars there, and the ones that were already parked probably belonged to the teachers anyway. Gently biting on her bottom lip, the blonde girl stepped out of the car, straightening her outfit before slinging her bag over her shoulder. Unfortunately, the only other students that she could see that had arrived before her, were the followers of the top cheerleader, excluding Andrea at the moment, Taylor and Michaela. Obviously, they were there, waiting for Andrea, who would be there waiting for him, the one guy in the whole school that Erin couldn't stand at all. Why? Eh, she didn't really know herself, but there was just something about him that really got to her, something that she really didn't like.
"Oh look Taylor, it's her." Said Michaela's whiny voice, making the other crony of Andrea laugh a little.
"She looks even worse today than she did before. You know, that outfit makes her look so fat."
"Yeah, Mikki, I know right? And that hairdo? Ugh, so last millennium."
Sighing again gently, the teenage blonde just walked straight passed them, hoping, praying even, that nothing more was said to her, or it was bound to send her crying. With her parents just taking off again, and now this? Well, hoping was all that Erin could do now.

I hope it's okay that I took control over the two cheerleaders that stick by the head cheerleader. I left you full control over Andrea though :)
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:15 am

's fine. C:
"Miles!" a certain brunette called out, her long brown locks bouncing along with her as she ran up to him and practically tackle-hugged him, wrapping her arms around his upper half. To this, Miles could only give a chuckle, a sweet hug back and a kiss on the forehead, taking her by the waist as they walked in the direction of the school, which wasn't too far away. He could've sworn that in that moment, he was fine. The day seemed to start off well. He saw his girlfriend early in the morning today with a big smile on her face and what seemed to be her 'good news' face, something which both bothered him and delighted him at the same time. If it was something about her and the girls, it was delight. If it was about him, it was mild annoyance and a bad day throughout. It was nothing really. He just didn't like being the subject of majority of the female population at his school, most especially if it was from Andrea.

"Hey, babe," he greeted her with a slight chevalier air as he pulled her closer to him, the school just being several steps away from them. Giving a contented sigh as she snuggled up to Miles, two particular girls caught her eye. No, three. Three girls. The third one was a particularly strange, weirdo blonde, as she knew her to be. In Andrea's mind, she was nothing, even if she did have that posh car that she'd always wanted her daddy to buy her. If she didn't click with the popular crew immediately, she was immediately put on their blacklist, and well, she was blacklisted in her eyes. Miles's girlfriend turned into the stereotypical queen bee as she approached two of her girlfriends and gave them their own cheek-to-cheek greetings as they practically laughed after just spending a minute with the two.
"Mikki, Taylor, oh my gosh, you'll never believe what just ha--" she said, then being cut of with Erin's 'distracting' presence.
"Oh. My. Gosh. Look at her, girls, she's so... Ugh. She's so not meant to be like us."

An evil smile crept onto Andrea's face with a certain idea popping up in her calculating head, looking at the girls and them seemingly giving her an understanding look, almost as if they'd mentally communicated their intentions.

"Come on, girls. We've got a job to do," she said walking toward Erin flanked by her girls, and gave Erin a simple tap on the shoulder.
"You know what, whatever your name is," Andrea said flicking the sleeve of Erin's shirt with a long, slender finger distastefully. "That outfit looks sooo last two decades. And if you're gonna decide to flaunt around in your... Whatever you call that clown getup, I'd suggest that you'd stay away from us. Loser."
Noticing the necklace, she eyed it with fascination and looked at Erin slyly, giving the necklace a touch.
"Mind if I borrow this?" she said, then yanking it off her neck with an evil laugh. Once she'd gotten what she wanted, she walked away with a "thanks" and totally ignored Miles, who'd seen the entire thing.

He tried to get near Erin for some time now, but it just wouldn't work. She'd rebuff him with harsh words, ignore him completely, give him death stares, and he didn't even know what he'd done wrong that made her feel that way towards him. But this time, he'd try not to avoid her as he'd done those other times before when she wanted him to buzz off.

"I... I'm sorry for Andy taking your necklace and all," he started awkwardly, his face full of seriousness, but awkwardness at the same time. "I promise I'll get it back for you."

He then immediately walked away from Erin before she could have a chance to say anything back. He didn't need any other bull today. He just needed to clear his head as he saw another one of his guys bully another helpless bottom-of-the-social-foodchainer.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Erin's gaze was lowered to the ground as she tried to pass Michaela and Taylor without any of their snide remarks getting to her. However, her attempts at trying to be invisible were futile when Andrea, the head cheerleader and her two best friends made a complete bee line towards her. Before the petite blonde could even think about moving away from the three cheerleaders, they had surrounded her, Andrea pulling at the sleeve of her shirt and then ripping her necklace off of her neck. As the girls walked away from her, she gently touched the now bare spot on her neck, tears springing to her eyes as she thought of the pendant that had been taken from her.

That necklace was one that had been left to her by her grandmother, who had passed away a couple of months ago. The necklace that had been stolen from her had more sentimental value than she would ever tell anyone, especially the tall, blonde male that was walking towards her right now. She feverishly wiped away the tears that were almost spilling over her eyes, biting her bottom lip. Erin wasn't normally the sort of person that ignored people that tried to talk to her, if anyone that was, and she wasn't one for being nasty to people, but there was just something about him, that Miles Durand that really got under her skin. Maybe it was because he was the most popular boy in school? Maybe it was because his girlfriend was a terrible person that bullied anyone lower than her in the social scale? Maybe it was just because he was so incredibly handsome, and even though he seemed to want to get close to her, she wouldn't let that happen in fear of anything more ever coming between them - which was a stupid idea anyway, seeing as he was the king of the school, and wouldn't nearly be interested in a nerdy girl like her.

"What do you want?" She said, her voice quiet, but still a little snappy. However, what came out of his mouth shocked Erin to the core; he was being nice to her, promising to get her necklace back. Suddenly, the feeling of guilt built up inside her, wondering how she could have spoken to him in that tone of voice when he was just coming over to promise to get her necklace back. Her teeth dug into her bottom lip lightly as Miles turned away, not leaving her to give him an answer. "H...M-Miles.." She called lightly, taking a couple of steps after him. "Look, I'm not going to talk to you for very long, as it'll probably lower your reputation, and leave you with a very angry girlfriend. But.... thanks. That... that necklace means a lot to me... so... yeah, thank you."
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:15 am

The look on Erin's face as he turned back surprised him greatly. In fact, what shocked him more was that she was even talking to him. He thought that she'd hated his guts. He thought that she didn't ever want to see his face. Every time he passed by Erin, he questioned himself if he really deserved to be on top of the school's social hierarchy. He couldn't pass by anywhere without getting kissed in the ass first, or followed around by a bunch of girls wishing they were Andrea Maria Cortez. And yet here he was, talking to a member of the lower social scale. A 'yeah' was all he uttered back, followed by a brief "See you in History" before he went inside the school building with butterflies in his stomach, a flush on his face that quickly disappeared and a countenance that quickly returned to his usually calm and collected state, off to meet the guys from the team again before classes.

He had no idea how and why Erin Hargreaves made him feel that way. He couldn't even concentrate on his game much less go about everyday if she was in his thoughts. Maybe it was something about her that just... Stood out from the rest. He didn't know, and he didn't understand yet. But one thing was for sure -- he would try to understand why. It was all too confusing.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Erin's face dropped as Miles just shrugged off her thank you, quite rudely in her books, and then turned away from her, muttering something that she could barely hear. Her hands dropped to her sides in anger, and her distaste was easily detected from the expression on her face. This is the reason I hate him in the first place! She thought angrily in her mind, turning away from him and pretty much storming off in the other direction. She had been totally normal and nice with him, and he had just brushed off her thank you and walked away. He was being hostile when she had only thanked him! Ugh, why do 'Ken's' have to be like that? She groaned slightly, before heading to her class.

Of course, she was the first one in there again, like she usually was. It was rare that anyone came into the classroom before her, because she just lied having that bit of time alone in the morning. She sat down at her usual seat at the back of the classroom, in the right corner of the room. Erin sunk down into her chair a little, dropping her bag next to the chair with a gentle sigh. "Stupid popular boys. Stupid cheerleaders. Stupid Miles..."

I'm sorry it's so short - I'm off out to a party :)
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:23 am

Miles had caught up with his boys as soon as he got in. One of them, Terry Joseph, the outside forward, a dark haired fellow with a constant sly grin on his face, spread all his freckled face, gave him a sharp slap on the shoulder and a deep chuckle. Then the others saw him, again with the same expression, a couple of chit-chats here and there. But there was one Miles really wanted to talk to. Fred McAlister, a striker who wasn't in the same social class as the rest of the guys. In fact, he knew more about Erin than he did, and he was glad to have someone who did. He really needed to know why he was feeling that way around her.

"Oh, Miles, there you are," he said, looking around as if to look for anyone watching them talk before he spoke again. "Hey, whassamatter? You look a bit flustered."
But Miles didn't reply.
"Oh. Milesy, y-"
"Andy took her necklace today. And..."
"It's best if you don't talk to her."
"I can't."
"Hey, buddy, it's..."
"I know. I'm the king of the school and I have no chance with her."
"H-hey, that wasn't what I meant, Milesy, I..."
"It's fine. See you in History, Freddie."
"Durand, wait!" Fred tried to say, but Miles had long gone, having already gotten his things for History class.

In class, he only saw her, but immediately set off to his seat two rows away, nearest to the window, and opened his book to read up on the lesson, having missed out previously because he was ill. But he tried to glance at her, and the blush, well, was unavoidable.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:42 am

Erin's head shot up, almost jumping as she was pulled out of her daydream by the door of the history class slamming shut. She was almost sure that the whole class had entered in around her, and she was going to get laughed at by everyone, and then shouted at by Mrs Harding, the history teacher. However, only one person had entered the room since she had been inside, and that was the very person that had got her into her daydream in the first place - Miles Durand. A soft groan exited her lips as she dropped her head onto the table, it landing there with a soft thud Why did it just have to be him in the room. Now there was going to be this really awkward silence between them, and she was just going to have to sit there and suck it up because she was pissed at him. She couldn't even make idle small talk until some other people entered the room because of the distaste she was feeling for him at that very moment in time.

Her head came back up again after a moment, and she began to pull out one of her books from her bag, her head having to turn to the side so that she didn't hit it on the table. However, in that moment that she turned to the side, her eyes locked with Miles', who had turned to look at her, and she couldn't mistake the blush that had come over his cheeks. The same thing happened to her right then, a blush tinting her cheeks red, and she quickly sat back up again, her arm getting jammed under the table, quite painfully. "Ouch..." She muttered softly, rubbing the red mark that had already began to form on her forearm. The blush had gotten even worse now because of her little mishap, and she quickly moved back into her seat, burying her head into her history book, trying to hide her embarrassment from the boy that she loved to hate.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:09 pm

He tried to ignore the feeling of embarrassment as he sat there after having turned back from glancing at Erin. Maybe he shouldn't have entered the room at that time. Maybe he should've just stayed outside until everyone crowded around the door arch to get in. But that was something he hated to do in the mornings. Mrs Harding was going to excuse him for sure, since he was out, but Mrs Harding also had a habit of not excusing absentees from missed quizzes and such, so he had to catch up as much as possible. The page he was on right now was something about the French Revolution. Bastille, Louis XVI, sans-culotte... All of that. Sighing as he was stuck near the end of that part of the book, he hesitantly got up and slowly approached Erin as her head was ducked onto her history book, and gave her a gentle tap.

"Erhm... Erin... What was the last thing you guys took up?" he asked in a sort of awkward voice. "Uhm... It's okay if you don't answer. I'll... Err... Just leave you alone now."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:03 pm

Erin's face had calmed down a little now, the redness that had once inhabited it having died down, thank the lord. If there was something that the blonde couldn't stand, it was being out of her comfort zone. And being embarrassed in front of someone that she really didn't like was very much out of the girl's comfort zone. She rested her chin in the palm of her hand as she flicked through her history text book, looking through the last pages of the section on the French Revolution. Honestly, it was one of the more dreary of the topics that they had studied in class that year, and it was a topic that Erin could barely focus on, but she had to of course, to maintain her perfect score in her classes.

However, the blonde only realized that she had fallen into another little daydream when there was a soft tap on her shoulder, this time actually making her jump and hit the person that had tapped her. She didn't hit him very hard though, but it was enough to make him jump and leave a little bit of a red mark on his arm. "Oh, crap! I'm so sorry, M-Miles... When I'm st-studying... I... I daydream.. I'm sorry..." She said, her words failing her as she tried to apologize. "Erm... T-the.. reign of terror. We were f-focusing in on it last lesson, l-learning the facts again such as 40,000 people were killed before even being trailed, and at least 16,594 were killed at the guillotine after accusations of counter-revolutionary activities. Again... sorry for hitting you..."
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:40 am

The hit came just as unexpectedly to Miles as it did to Erin. It didn't hurt, no, but it did startle him a bit. He didn't even stop to notice the small red mark on his skin that the hit left. Erin seemed okay just reading the book but when he lightly tapped her, she seemed jumpy for some odd reason. He noticed the embarrassed blush on her face and couldn't help but think what he did wrong to make her feel that way. Miles tried to get back to business, having only approached Erin to ask a question. Was that the only reason, however?

"No sweat," he said, rubbing it a bit before letting go of the part. "I would've thought it was because of what happened this morning... Or what I said... But anyway. Reign of terror. Got it," he said, trying to smile but ending up with an awkward smirk instead. "T-thanks."
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:47 am

Erin was just so embarrassed. She was extremely glad that they were the only two in the classroom at the time, or she probably would have died of embarrassment. She had just hit the most popular guy in the school in the arm, and if anyone else had seen it.... well, she was sure that someone would have said something to her. When the redness in her cheeks finally decided to die down, she finally pulled up the courage to look Miles in the eye. However, when he said about what had happened that morning, the blonde immediately took her hand to her neck, touching the spot where her grandma's pendant should be. She felt almost lost without the necklace hanging off of her neck, it pretty much being her most prized possession in the world.

"Oh... right, yeah..." She said quietly, the feeling of her bare neck making the blonde sigh ever so softly. "It's... it's okay..." She said, moving her hand away from her neck and raking it through her blonde locks, doing anything to distract herself from the bare feeling on her neck. And from the closeness of Miles at that moment, but she wasn't going to say that out loud. "You're welcome." She spoke softly, her gaze coming back down to rest on her hands that she had just dropped into her lap.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 am

Embarrassment filled the air. Miles just knew it by the way they both tried awkwardly to talk to each other. They weren't exactly the greatest of friends; she didn't like him, he didn't exactly talk to her much. From afar, he could only watch as she went through on her own in the class. There weren't many like her in class, and because of that low population, well, they're often bullied. Taken for granted. Pushed around. That's exactly what they all were. Perhaps it was best to leave her alone to spare her the embarrassment of being around him, and hating him like she always has.

What he didn't expect, though, was the overwhelming desire to melt to the floor and just lay there for everyone to step on. And yet, even as Mrs Harding came in, even with her noticing that something was out of place with Miles and Erin... Oh, everything was so confusing for him.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:29 am

"Well.... this is awkward..." The young blonde said quietly, shifting a little in her seat. Someone had to say it, didn't they? Stating the obvious was really the only thing that Erin could think of saying at this moment of time - there was just nothing to say when they were around each other. She hated him because of the way that he just seemed to brush off minority people like her, not helping them when they need it, and when he does help, and that minority person says that they're grateful, he just shuns it off! People that acted like that when just being thanked really got on Erin's nerves, and Miles just happened to be on that list of hers. But then again, he didn't seem to like her all that much either. Maybe it was just because of the way that she always acted towards him, cold and uncaring, but he had started that off in the first place. Ugh, the mind of a teenage girl and boy seemed so confusing to the blonde right now.

"But... all I did was thank you earlier. You didn't just have to brush it off and walk away from me like that. You could have accepted my thank you, you know? It would have been nice instead of just a nod and then seeing your back." Erin said, her voice was quiet, but still stern enough to show him that she was being serious. When the teacher, Mrs Harding walked into the room, the young woman excused herself from their conversation, taking her homework up to the teacher, the essay on the Bastille. She dropped it onto the teacher's desk with a small smile, getting a smile back and a thank you, before heading back to her desk. She sat down quiet heavily, a sigh escaping from her lips as she did so.

Why was everything in life so god-damned difficult?
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:18 pm

"So you think you've got it bad? I've had more than enough ingrates in anyone's entire lifetime come through my life than yours, so don't you ever go down that path," he angrily, and silently, hissed at her when she came back from passing her homework. "And yes, I would've said 'you're welcome' back, but..."
For some strange reason, Miles had stopped. He gave himself a mental slap, thinking that what he'd been doing was so stupid all along; he'd almost let out his own little secret about her. Squinting his eyes just to get rid of any sort of rage that might've been pent up inside, he finally let go and stopped squinting. He let out a deep sigh and opened his eyes to look at Erin properly.
"Nevermind," he sighed. "You'd never understand anyway."

"Miles? Why weren't you at class the other time?" Mrs Harding asked.
"I was out sick," Miles replied in a polite tone of voice. "Did I miss a lot?"
"No, not really. I gave them an essay to do. You can pass yours tomorrow."
"On what, Mrs H?" he asked.
"Oh. Bastille."
"Thanks."
Last edited by wednesdaysun on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:06 pm

As Erin came back over to her seat, she heard Miles hissing back to her, answering what she had said before she had walked away to put her homework on Mrs Harding's desk. "Oh, really? Are you the one that gets pushed in the hallway, being made to drop school books just to have people walk all over the pages? Do you get pushed into lockers by people that don't even care that it hurts? Do you get called a geek, and have to wear contact lenses because your glasses were thrown on the floor and trampled on? No, you don't. You are the king of the school. Seriously, how bad can your life be?" She hissed back to him, before then remembering that he had added something else on the end of his sentence.

So, when he turned back to her, after talking to Mrs Harding about the essay that he missed and had to write, the blonde girl frowned at him. "So? Why didn't you say thank you properly? I was being perfectly polite, wasn't I? Despite that fact that your girlfriend stole my Gran's necklace and I was on the verge of tears, I still thanked you. The least you could have done was accepted my thank you."
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby wednesdaysun on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:53 am

"King of the school? You must be joking. You actually believe I got here just by walking in and taking the spot for myself? You think I just marched in and declared my position? No. I was once like you. I had it worse than you. School books I could pick up myself. Did you ever come home with bloody shirts, broken noses and bones, a scarred mentality, only to have fucked up parents kick dirt in your face and get mad at you for not doing the chores or not being good enough or just being drunk assholes? Huh? I bet you still have it good, a good family, a good home, and you don't even have to work for the clothes on your back. Here, it don't matter. It's just how you're gonna feel like out there. No one's gonna bow down to you when you get kicked out into the streets."

Miles felt pure annoyance towards this girl. What he felt when he was around her was like a million little butterflies in his stomach, but when she spoke to him, it felt like a million bees. This girl shoved reality back into his face and she didn't even know a single bit about how it hurt. Even as she was asking why he didn't say 'you're welcome' properly, it was like being kicked in the stomach. Why would he tell her now? She wouldn't even believe him, much less listen to him. Sighing dejectedly, he gave her a severe look and said "you're welcome" flatly, with a tiny hint of an irate tone.

"What? You happy now?" he said with angst in his voice before he turned back to read whatever was in his history book. Luckily, Fred had come in and sat right next to Erin, clearing off the tension between the two teenagers. It diverted Miles's attention away from his anger at whatever Erin had said and only smirked at the guy before turning back again. Miles felt a tapping sensation on his shoulder, however, and he turned back surprised.

"I told you that she wasn't," Fred whispered.
"It was worth a shot," Miles whispered back defeatedly. He never wanted to argue, but it was unavoidable.
wednesdaysun
Member for 5 years

Postby Imagine That! on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:25 am

As Miles ranted and raved at her about everything that had happened before in his life - the hurt from his peers, the hurt from his family, she could see the pain in his eyes as he glared at her. But, Erin couldn't give him any sympathy. Of course, she felt it inside, wanting to console him and ask for forgiveness for snapping at him earlier, but she just couldn't do anything about it. She was so angry at him, so annoyed at him. "But then how did you get to be the top of the school, mhm? Did the bloody noses just stop? Did the broken bones just stop and the bullies just let you become the top of the school? No, you fought back - you changed the people that were hurting you, so that you could hurt them if you wanted to, but you didn't. You fought back, Miles! I... I can't... Besides... at least your parents were actually there..." She spoke, her voice getting a little more irate as she spoke to her, her face obviously showing her distaste at him, but her voice failing at the end of her sentence, as she spoke about her absent parents.

"Well, finally. Yes, I am happier now." She spoke, her voice not showing that - just showing the anger at him. But thankfully, Fred had come into the room before any more harsh words could have been spoken between Miles and herself, and she let out an angry exhale as he sat down next to her. Fred had been one of her very best friends since they had been in diapers, running around half naked making mud-pies together as toddlers. He hadn't been friends with Miles for as long as he had been with her, but they still seemed pretty close. "Why does he make me so angry? I don't even know him that well... but... ugh!" She whispered softly to her friend, quietly enough so that Miles wouldn't be able to hear her.
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.