The Gift: Chapter Two

The Gift: Chapter Two

[COMPLETE] With the gods dead and dragons slowly spreading their dominion over the land, will you fight for something? Or die with nothing?

Owner:
Game Masters:
Tags: (Add Tags »)
This topic is an Out Of Character part of the roleplay, “The Gift: Chapter Two”. Anything posted here will also show up there.

OOC » The Gift: Chapter Two

Topic Tags:

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

[OOC] The Gift: Chapter Two

Postby Smith on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:16 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Gift: Chapter Two"

You may edit this first post as you see fit. No. This is MY post, so I will be the only one editing it.

ALRIGHT!! FIRST AND FOREMOST, I WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN THE ROLEPLAY IS STARTING!

SECOND: ONLY 2, I REPEAT, TWO CHARACTERS OF ANY GIVEN RACE OR CLASS WILL BE ACCEPTED. This rule will only be disregarded if the group is too small or if there is enough diversity that we could stand an extra. Currently we have...
(not including my own)2 Humans
(including my own)1 Halfling
2 Dark Elves
2 Deep Humans
2 Nightmarians
1 Orc
1 Elf

THIRD: Because I feel this needs repeating, everyone will start out at roughly the equivalence in skill of a martial soldier or fresh-out-of-the-academy mage. Only Wrath and Mercy are exempt, due to the fact the Wrath is there to keep you noobs alive and Mercy is a returning character from the previous rp.

ANY QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME...I like caps :3
Last edited by Smith on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Smith
Member for 3 years

Re: [OOC] The Gift: Chapter Two

Postby Aythr on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:55 pm

I'm really interested in this so far from what I read. I'll be keeping a close eye on this since I have more than a few D&D characters that would (hopefully) translate well into this setting.
Aythr
Member for 5 years

Postby Talisman on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:29 am

Hmm, yes. I'm incredibly interested. I will also be watching this closely, so think of this as a both a tagging post (I use the "View your posts" button) and a notice. Perhaps I will roll up a character soon, maybe tomorrow? Who knows? I've got to try something different with my character, give him a personality all of his own and different from what I've done so far...

Perhaps someone a little more dark and moody? Eh, we'll see.

((Off-note, Ghaarme sounds vaguely familiar. Have we had a role-play together?))
♫♫♫ Take that chance, give an awkward glance and ask for a simple dance. Who knows, you might find a beautiful romance. ♫♫♫
Talisman
Member for 5 years

Postby Aythr on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:31 am

There is one thing I'd like to know before I consider making a character. I'm an avid fan of divine casters (Clerics, Druids, etc.) and I was wondering: Where do divine casters get their spells from if the gods are dead? Is there a different source for them? Do they follow arcane caster guidelines? Or am I just thinking too hard about it?

I'd love to make an orc, specifically a Cleric, Druid, or Shaman, although a barbarian or a ranger wouldn't be out of the question. I'm a stickler for sticking to settings and their history, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Aythr
Member for 5 years

Postby Smith on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 am

xD wow, forgot about the OOC for a sec.

@Talisman: YES! We have! I don't remember which though...Sword of the Forgotten maybe? That one with the psychics? *shrug* AND YAY! Make a character! Diversity ish always welcome~

@Aythr: THANK YOU! I love it when people ask that question. Nobody did in the last chapter of the RP and I ended up with the only divine power-source characters :/ In any case, clerics, paladins and the like are kind of like divine warlocks. They make a pact with an angel and gain healing and smiting spells by praying for them each day. Comprende?

And make more than one toon if you want! Just make sure they're scrubby so there's room to..."levvel-up", so to speak. If they're too strong right off the bat they will meet a swift demise >:P
Smith
Member for 3 years

Postby Talisman on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Of course, I loves me some character development.

Thinking of a Human Berserker. Nothing darker than a desperate, albeit pissed off juggernaut of face wreaking death. Throw in character issues and flaws, and you'll have Caine.
Talisman
Member for 5 years

Postby Smith on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Mk :o I just had to PM a couple people about character types that had already been made...*cough*darkelves*cough*...

Berserker sounds sweet. Go ahead dude~
Smith
Member for 3 years

Postby Aythr on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:53 pm

And make more than one toon if you want! Just make sure they're scrubby so there's room to..."levvel-up", so to speak. If they're too strong right off the bat they will meet a swift demise >:P

In that case, I might just make an orc and some kind of Civee race. I'd love to be on both sides of the action. Too bad all the dwarves are dead though. D:
Aythr
Member for 5 years

Postby Smith on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:06 pm

:o...you do realize that the Primah and Civee have been forced to cooperate or die, correct? Hence the formation of the Legion of Ashes...And damn straight I killed them dwarves. Damn straight...
Smith
Member for 3 years

Postby Aythr on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Smith wrote:And damn straight I killed them dwarves. Damn straight...

You could have at least included Gnomes. Nobody would have been upset in the slightest if their entire race was eradicated.
Aythr
Member for 5 years

Postby Smith on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:27 pm

:I...*loves gnomes, halflings and sprites*

I would have killed elves had not they been such a fan favorite. Buuut, making them into badass hunter-gatherers instead of tree-hugging sissies has to suffice.

NOW MAKE YOUR TOONS!! I shall be submitting a nightmarian in short order.
Smith
Member for 3 years

Postby Talisman on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:40 pm

I was actually looking forward to playing a dwarf cleric with issues because his Gods were all dead. How would you feel if your one purpose in the world up and died on you, leaving you to fend for yourself.

Right, I submitted my character... I must admit, I skimped on the history... I was never good with histories. But, I will edit and add as we go on. Hell, I might just do it today, who knows?
Talisman
Member for 5 years

Postby Smith on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:14 pm

:o tis okies, Talis. Caine is badassery in it's most basic form. Hope he doesn't die too quickly, as dudes like him are placed in the front lines. Too dangerous to have anywhere else, you know?

AND THANKS SHIVA!! WHERE'S THAT SCRUB YOU PROMISED ME!?!?!!?
Smith
Member for 3 years

Postby Talisman on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Perhaps he'll survive. I was looking to have his personality change for the better, become more of the optimist I hinted to in the Personality section. Lose the berserker rage and become more controlled and precise. I was looking to have him a bit of an alcoholic, but I already traveled that road once. Don't want to become too cliched.

Oh yeahs, I forgot to mention. I loves me some character development.
Talisman
Member for 5 years

Postby Kurokiku on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Quiet, Smith! Shiva has to post in Revelation before he gives you anything else. So there. Not that I'm rushing you or anything, Shiva. (^_^)'

On a completely unrelated note: hello, everyone. Name's Kiku, and I am one of the frightfully-stereotypical dark elves. :P
I am not a graceful person. I am not a Sunday morning or a Friday sunset. I am a Tuesday 2 a.m., gunshots muffled by a few city blocks, I am a broken window during February. I fall from elegance with a dull thud, and I apologize for my awkward sadness. I sometimes believe that I don’t belong around people, that I belong to all the leap days that didn’t happen. The way light and darkness mix under my skin has become a storm. You don’t see the lightning, but you hear the echoes.*
Kurokiku
Global Moderator and Scholar
Member for 4 years

Postby Aythr on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:43 pm

I've just finished putting in my first character, and it's ready for a once over. You might notice that a halfling named Nevitt comes up more than a few times. I was wondering if it would be acceptable to create him as a character as well as Duran. I have no qualms with not being able to, and since there is a limit of two characters of any race for this, I'd be willing to change the story and Nevitt's race accordingly if it means that somebody else would be able to play a halfing if they so choose.
Aythr
Member for 5 years

Postby Shiva on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:56 pm

the noob is on his way, ghaarme.

EDIT: noob-scrub-fag-that-actually-isn't-a-fag character is signed up.
Last edited by Shiva on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victorian Age kind of Crazy.
Shiva
Member for 5 years

Postby Hunter_Killer on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Alright! I've been waiting for this thing to appear and now I will step in. I read the two char only rule... Does this mean i have to pick which of my characters to bring in for the start of this thing? Without a doubt we will be seeing more of the Blood Mercenary: Dracon.... but who to choose for the second? The Orc shawoman who occasionally delves into the future for small snippets of info? Or the cold-hearted male Harpy and his shrinking band of male followers?
Hunter_Killer
Member for 6 years

Postby Shiva on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Hunter_Killer wrote:Alright! I've been waiting for this thing to appear and now I will step in. I read the two char only rule... Does this mean i have to pick which of my characters to bring in for the start of this thing? Without a doubt we will be seeing more of the Blood Mercenary: Dracon.... but who to choose for the second? The Orc shawoman who occasionally delves into the future for small snippets of info? Or the cold-hearted male Harpy and his shrinking band of male followers?

I like the harpy dude. Something about being on the run with your fellow male friends from angry females is just amusing to read whenever we get a post from him. That "Shrinking band of male followers" bit is also cool and hilarious and slightly horrendous.
Shiva
Member for 5 years

Postby Hunter_Killer on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:54 pm

I admit I liked him too but I'm leaning towards the Orc shawomen cause she had a stronger story for me and currently Visar (the male harpy), or at least since the end of chapter one, has been guarding her. So even if he isn't mentioned I guess we could see glimpses of him. Can't wait to see what Mercy is gonna do this time around. Apart from glimpses from my characters I never really "saw" her in action.
Hunter_Killer
Member for 6 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.