Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Goblin Wars: The Coming of the Storm

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Goblin Wars: The Coming of the Storm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StewartofGondor on Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:21 am

Name: Grolt
Race: High Elf/Wood Elf mix
Class: Warrior/Warlock
Height: 7'4"
Weight: 142 lbs.
Appearance: Very tall with a muscular build, very broad shoulders, golden-toned skin as common with High Elves, blue eyes, long flowing black hair, hooked nose.
Weapons Two-handed broadsword crafted by Goblins.
Armor: Suit of black platemail.

Background: The Human Province of Daenil has been constantly beseiged by Goblin raiders from the mountains for as long as can be remembered. Emperor Pontius has been succeeded by his son Claidus. Emperor Claidus has decreed that an exploration voyage is to be made to cross the sea in search of other lands. Seeking fame with his title, the Emperor has reduced the funding of the kingdom's protection to fund his explorations. The Emperor's royal advisor, a mage named Arghanazzi, is searching for an elite group of guards to protect Princess Alasse, daughter of the High King Tyhar of the Wood Elves, during the voyage. All of the land's most skilled fighters have been summoned to the palace for a final recruitment...

Practically any race is allowed. Guards enlisted for protection on the voyage are needed, but sailors, stowaways, etc. are welcome too. Feel free to jump in! My character I gave a profile for above is my main, but he doesn't quite come into the story yet, so I'll be acting as a few NPCs until then.
Last edited by StewartofGondor on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StewartofGondor
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StewartofGondor on Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:52 am

A tall, old man paces before the summoned warriors, inspecting each as though they were cattle. His flowing blue robes sweep behind him as he examines the hardy fighters. Scratching the base of his flowing white beard with decrepit, bony fingers, the old man stopped before a young wood elf and called out with a raspy voice.
"You, what's your name?" His peircing, dark eyes fell upon the soldier.
The elf bowed low to the ground, his reddish-blond hair almost touching the polished marble floor. "Prince Thylar, mi'lord." The elf said, slowing rising.
The old man gave a grunt of satisfaction, motioning to an elderly High Elf standing at attention in the corner.
"Come with me, prince." The High Elf barked in an insolent manner. His gold-plated armor shone and bronze skin stood out in contrast with the silver-clad, pink-skinned, bald man who stood beside him. The General smirked at his human companion, who returned the look with a chuckle. The two had fought the goblins in countless wars together. The former was General Nlodrim of the High Elves and the latter Captain Tylorum of Daenil's royal guard. Without waiting for the wood elf to cross the hall and join them, the two turned to leave.
"Halt! I am not done here. Thou wilt not leave until I bid thee!" The old man sputtered in rage. The officers returned to their post in the corner as the elderly mage fixed them with a dark glare. With a stern gaze, High Eldar Arghanazzi picked a handful of others from the group and dismissed the rest with a disgusted wave of his senile hand. The assemblage filed out of the room after the mage's adjournment.
"A pitiful lot, all of them." The Royal Advisor hollered after the group. "Is this the best of the kingdom has to offer? Could none better heed my summons?" Without waiting for a reply, the old man stormed out of the room.

The General looked over the chosen group with a sarcastic sneer. "I've seen worse. Also seen better get slaughtered in the first five second of battle. Think any are gonna show up late?" The Captain shrugged his shoulders stupidly, his silver-plated pouldrons clinking against his argent chestplate.
"Might as well give them a few minutes. Hate to miss turning away a few hopeful wretches." The General chuckled at his poor humor and was joined in laughter by his companion a moment later, though the Captain was clearly oblivious to the joke.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StewartofGondor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:35 pm

Name:bourghs[pronounced boars] nickname:S.g.p. Silent Green Pig
Race:goblin/human mix
Class: Warrior/rouge
Height:6'1"
Weight: 153 lbs
Appearance:A young man with black hair and green skin. he is often mistaken with a troll and gets slightly outraged when people comment that.he has pointed ears and is actually pretty short in his family. his weapons are a dagger and some makeshift bombs.
Armor: a bandanna hiding his hair,gauntlets, metal greaves, biceps and thihs wrapped and he currently has a bad cut across his chest leaving a slash in his shirt from the topleft to the bottomright, farmer shirt, leather jacket,belt with a line of pouches on it, Samurai pants.

Background: he is sneaky and has stolen important information in small gang wars. Now hees just trying to avoid one of the gangs he stole information from. when he was tring to escape he fell and the rival gang almost killed him but only managed to cut a bad gash in his torso, along the way he stole some bandages to wrap the smaller wounds in and some medicine to relieve the pain. After a day of running he came across docks...
================================================================================================

After running for a day the gash in Bourghs stomach he came across docks, when he looked over his shoulder he saw them still coming "Crap! One way or another I'm in deep steaming piles!" he said to himself as he head behind some boxes. When he rested against one he noticed it didnt have much stuff in it "Perfect! I dont think theyll mind some.. 'extra cargo'." he said to himself again as he got inside of the crate. A while later he could feel movement, he was still fully concious and could still feel the pain I can hold out until I stop moving. he thought to himself with each painful step, or steps, he couldnt tell which. when he finally stopped he opened up the top of the crate and took some of the medicine he had stolen the day before. After ingesting it he breathed through his teeth as the gash hurt and bled heavily. He looked around through the boxes and found ink This might come in handy if I start dieing. He thought to himself as he stored some vials in one of his pouches. He headed for a door which led to the rest of the ship, as he peered through he noticed that a lot of soldiers were on board Maybe I should get started writing my will now he thought to himself as he slowly backed away from the door as he clutched his side. He sat down and started humming a tune his adopted parents used to sing to him "hmm hm, hmm ,hmm hm hm m, hmm hm hmm hmmm, hm, hm, hm, hm, hmm hm hmmmMMm hm hm HM, hm hum hum hum hummm, hm hm hmm hm hm hmmmm hum hum hmmm hmm hmm......" he started thinking of his life thinking that he had wated it on stealing for gangs, he ignored this thought and continued the song as he lie against a big crate, waiting for death.

Nightmare
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Udaian on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:09 am

Name: Udaian
Race: Elvish
Class: Ranger
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 120 lbs
Appearance: Fair skinned elf with blond hair and hazel eyes, along with the usual elvish ears. While he has a scrawny build compared to his father, he is one of the more agile elves of his hometown of Lesill. The only weapon he carries is his bow and quiver.
Armor: leather vest, leather pants, leather greaves, leather gloves, elvish shirt, backpack.

--Background----------------
Born in the large citadel of Lesill, Udaian has grown up with the destiny to continue the legacy of his father, Carnassus Slaymer. Shunned by his own people and exiled at the age of 20, Udaian has wandered through the world for the past five years as a drifting range. In his line of work he has slain many monsters to protect villages, although none so far were particularly strong. After catching word of Daenil's constant onslaughts of Goblin's, Udaian has embarked on the long road to provide his services to the city, and possibly redeem his rightful status in Lesill.

Udaian
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selik on Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:13 am

(OOC: you can have a look at this characters profile in profiles )

Selik marched up to the courtyard where the recruit ment was taking place. He thought to himself " better not be a waste of my time . i travelled across half of the land to get here" He walked up to the doors and didnt even acknowledge the elf gurad blocking the doors , he just walked in . All of the men in the room , (mostly elves)
turned at stared .
"Im here to kill some goblins " he said with a grim smile.
and waited for the elves response....

Selik
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:52 pm

Umn.. Is this going to go anywhere?))

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OIL on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:20 am

(OOC: you can have a look at this characters profile in profiles )

The ninja walked up behind the man folowing his steps then walked around him quikly and straight up to what he thought was the leader. His tail swung slightly as he looked him in the eyes.
"ill help and ive seen this man here fight hes a good source i always seem to bump into him during the worst times"

He then walked over to a chair and sat down in it smiling under his mask.

OIL
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:09 pm

OOC: "I don't think this is going anywhere. Kinda sucks since my character is sitting on the ship for dead.))}]]}

Nightmare
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Goblin Wars: The Coming of the Storm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Name: Akishra
Race: Human
Class: Street performer, on occaison
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 62 kilos
Appearance: Long, blonde hair, going to her shoulder blades, and clear, blue eyes. She wears a leather vest, leather pants, moccassins, and a long, black, hooded cloak, which covers it all.
Weapons: A dagger, just in case, and her mind.
Armor: None
Background: Tired of suffering continual rape from her father as a child, Akishra willed him away, and, to her surprise, he went. Intruiged, she develloped her powers furhter, until she had develloped far better telekenesis then anyone had before her. Now, she wanders the streets, alone, harbouring a deep mistrust of men.

Akishra noted they had just finished loading onto the ship, and knew she had to get on. He had arrived in this town, the one town she thought she'd finally be rid of him. Running up to the man in front of the ship, she put on the despirate, innocent, oh-look-at-the-poor-little-girl act.

'Sir!' she yelled, deliberately making her voice higher to sound sweeter. Her voice was a bit deep for a woman's, but not too deep. 'Oh, please, sir! I really need to get on,' she said, now reaching the man and looking up at him despirately. Although she didn't like using her telekenesis on her own body unless she had to, she stimulated the tear ducts in her eyes so that they welled up.

The guard looked down at her, angry at first, but then calming when he saw her face. 'A lotta people gotta get on this ship, kid. Why're you so important?'

'Please...' she said again, subtly increasing the level of pressure she put on her tear ducts so that her eyes filled up a little more, bluring her vision. 'Please, my mother's on that ship!'

Technically, this was a lie -- Akishra's mother had been dead for about eight years now. But it was a good story; she never failed to get sypmathy for the little-girl-greatly-attached-to-her-mother-act.

The guard's face softened a little more, but his mouth remained a firm line. 'I'm sorry, little girl,' she said, 'but I can't simply allow you to get on this shi--'

'Please!' she cried again, stimulating her tear ducts further so that tears fell rapidly down her face. 'My mother...She's the only family I have! If we're sepparated...' She looked down, lowering her head and twisting her hands infront of her. As she knew, the guard couldn't resist.

'Alright,' he said. 'Alright, I'll let you on. But don't tell anyone -- I'm not technically allowed.'

Akishra smiled sweetly through her tears as she looked up at the man. 'Thank you!' she cried. 'Thank you so much!' and ran past him onto the ship.

As soon as she was safely on, she wiped the tears out of her eyes, and blinked a couple times to clear up any residual excess moisture. Her expression turned neutral, and she walked below deck, not waiting to be seen.

Can't wait to see how this turns out, she thought grimly.
S'ereht on yaw M'i lamron...S'ti em.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:44 pm

dude, this roleplay hasn't seen action in 8 months.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:50 pm

Name: Grolt
Race: High Elf/Wood Elf mix
Class: Warrior/Warlock
Height: 7'4"
Weight: 142 lbs.

Appearance: Very tall with a muscular build, very broad shoulders, golden-toned skin as common with High Elves, blue eyes, long flowing black hair, hooked nose.
Weapons Two-handed broadsword crafted by Goblins.
Armor: Suit of black platemail.

Am I the only one who sees a strange disparity in the height/weight ratio and the descriptor of a VERY muscular build.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:57 pm

well I do and I also have a very hard time picturing a VERY muscular elf

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:28 pm

(OOC: Does it matter? It doesn't really affect the charecter much. If that's how he pictures Grolt, I don't have a problem with it, but I don't see why anybody should be questioning the looks of another person's charecter).

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:49 pm

well no it really doesn't. what really matters is that this rp hasn't see anyone post on it in nearly 8 months and the person who made this rp hasn't been on the site in nearly a year.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:53 pm

(OOC: Alright then)

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!