Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Great Death

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Great Death

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:13 am

[A history of Sammatra]

For six thousand years Barda-Akhan ruled over Sammatra and its most immediate family of surrounding worlds. People then had many names for the time when Barda-Akhan reigned, but it is now most commonly known as The Great Death, and an accurate name it is to be sure. The Great Death was a time where hope and lives were extinguished as if they were the most meagre of all things. In the blink of a celestial eye millions upon millions of people were killed; their souls bound to Barda-Akhan who forced then to form his monstrous armies. Very few hundred survived in the world of Sammatra, or its closest neighbour – Zarcanta. Those who did survive lived in turmoil and confusion, hiding in the dying, diseased land. There were many worlds that went untouched, but the evil of Barda-Akhan seeped into many more; creating wars and lies and interfering with the peace. Taking control had been easy enough when Sammatra had no armies to fight him. Barda-Akhan had once been a well known, respected man among Sammartrians, and still was – but for all the wrong reasons and by all the wrong people.

[Editing]

Kitsumi is an apprentice assasin, theif, and anything other that requires the talent she is lucky enough to have. Not realising what her actions would bring, Kitsumi seeks employment by the Master. A feared, well known, and somehow respected man among Sammatrians. When Kitsumi sets out on the task set for her by The Master, she learns what he is planning on doing. He wishes to repeat the works of Barda-Akhan.

[[Pretty much in this RP, the main Char is Kitsumi whom I will play. I will edit this more eventually, but for now I'll keep it simple. If you would like to play The Master, PM me and I'll give you a bit of an idea of your part. Anyone can join throughout this RP, as I think there will be a few nw chars coming in further in. I need three other people to be set around the main chars - male or female. It doesnt matter how they happen to meet Kitsu, but at least 1-2 have to enter the RP around the start. If your a bit confused or want more info, PM me.
I apologize if I dont reply for a while, I can only get on this site on the weekends.]]

Char Temp:
Name:
Ag:
Description:
Abilities/weapons:

Story-line © Sarah Chilby
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Great Death

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:38 am

Name: Kitsumi Montargo
Description: Kitsu has delicate features and warm, large olive shaped brown eyes. Her hair is black, often worn in a long plait to her waist. Her usual attire is tight fitting pants and shirt, leather knee high boots and a black cloak.
Abilities/weapons: Photographic memory. Darts, flying stars (star shaped blades, thrown like frisbies, some have poisoned tips), short sword, long sword. Much experience in martial arts (tai kuon do [spelling] etc).

Kitsumi felt as if she would drown in her pain. Bright white spots burst into life behind her closed eyelids, and she imagined she could see sharp silver daggers piercing her skull – but was she really imagining it? Pressings the heels of her palms to her eyes, Kitsumi let out a soft whine. Tears of pain streamed down her face as the aching increased. Letting her trembling hands drop. She opened her eyes a friction, so everything was a blur of shapes and blazing white. Her hands sought out the ebony table, then the edges of the golden leafed book, tracing its entire shape. Kitsumi’s fingers found a silk ribbon, and she grasped it tightly, her determination clear in her still painful mind. The ribbon threatened to slip from her sweaty hand, but she tightened her grip and lifted. For a second, the ribbon and book didn’t move, and she felt terror grip her, but then, with the sound of stone grating against stone, the book began to close, and the light dim. It seemed to take hours, but with each moment that passed the book closed a fraction more and the pain in her mind dulled. Slowly, the book lowered shut, and Kitsumi collapsed on the hard stone floor before the table. Groans and murmurs escaped her cracked and bleeding lips as the full intention of The Master sunk into her mind.
He wants to destroy them. Tear their limbs apart in slow, agonizing torture and burn their souls in the depths of hell. Creating an army of tortured souls that were only kept alive by their screams of pain, cries for mercy, and the evil and tainted sorcery that bound them. He wanted to destroy it all, and rule it all. Rid the world or warmth and light, as much as on this world as the worlds beyond. He wanted to repeat The Great Depression, The Darkness, The Great Death, The Worst of Days to be lived. And she had helped him achieve this. She didn’t deserve to live. She deserved all the pain she had received from reading The Book, and more.
Kitsumi rolled over and starred at the scorched ceiling of the tomb she had so willingly entered. The arch-way was to the left of her, and she could see it from the corner of her eye despite the seeming impenetrable darkness.
I have to get out.
It seemed a simple enough task when she thought about it but when Kitsumi sat up her head spun and she dropped back onto the cold stone. With a tremendous effort she managed to hoist herself onto all fours and crawl to the plain arch-way. This was the worst part, and it required most, if not all of her remaining strength. The arch didn’t look like much, but it was weaved with sorceries as dark and old as The Book. It fed on ones strength; and if they were too weak to endure they were sure to perish. Bones littered the floors all around it, and the heavy stink of death mingled with that of the stale, metallic stench and taste of cruel sorcery.
Kitsumi knew she didn’t have much chance of surviving, but she had no choice; she couldn’t stand to be in the presence of The Book any longer. Bracing herself, Kitsumi tensed her body and closed her mind; then, with surprising stealth for someone in as much pain as her, she lunged forward at the arch-way.

‘Your name?’ The Masters voice was warm and full of pleasurable irony, and a tingle of excitement rushed through her body as she knelt before him, her head bowed respectfully.
‘I am Kitsumi Montargo, Master.’
‘Montargo… The name sounds familiar…’
‘You employed by grandfather, Kenji Montargo.’ Any mention of her Grandfather made Kitsumi swell with pride, and her eyes shone. Futilely she looked up; trying to glimpse the Masters face, but it was constantly shrouded in dark shadows. She had heard he was the most beautiful man in Sammatra, and she would have liked a glimpse of him, so she could brag to her friends, and for her own pleasure.
‘Ahh yes, I remember him. He pleased me well, and received much for his efforts. Now, stand; I want to see your face.’
Kitsumi obeyed willingly, still full of a pride for her grandfather that was fuelled by the Masters comments.
‘Ahh, you are a beauty… It is a shame…’
Kitsumi did not wonder what he meant by how it was a shame, but merely reddened in content embarrassment.
‘Now, I seek you services and you seek my employment. I will pay well if you discover the information I need, and I will also consider seeking to employ you in the future. Like everyone else here, you will be sworn to secrecy, and you will not be paid until your task is complete. Are we agreed?’
Kitsumi nodded vigorously. ‘I am honored to be accepted into your employment.’
‘I am sure, but as I said, it will be a shame… such beauty, wasted…’ The Masters hand snaked forward and stroked her cheek, and Kitsumi could feel his intense gaze upon her, though she could not see his eyes. And so, she faded form one vivid memory to the next.

Kitsumi was creeping along a low tunnel, her hands brushing along the slimy wet walls. Her way was lit by a glowing green orb that floated before her. It had been given to her by the Masters body-servant as she had been preparing to enter the Hack-Naram Tombs. She was grateful for the light, no matter how ghostly, but she was even more grateful for her phtographic memory. She had ben given a map of the Tombs that showed the path she was to take, and Kitsumi had only had to study it for a minute or so before it was completely locked in her memory. When The Master had explained what she was to do, the simplicity had utterly confused her. All she had to do was enter the Hack-Naram Tombs and follow the directions she had been given by the map, then she was o enter the centre cave; The Acanta Aton. Expectedently, she was to find a large, black gold leafed book resting on an abony table in the very middle, but it was the last part of the task that confused her the most. She was to read the book, remember it all, and report back to The Master and tell him everything she had disovered. Again, Kitsumi was grateful for her photographic memory. Always, the thought of what was in the book scampered through her mind as she crawled through the deadly labrynth.
When Kitsumi had reached the arch that was the entry to the Acanta Aton she had puzzled over it. All she could see inside the arch was darknes, an a horrible smell had lingered about it.

Blackness engulfed Kitsumi's memory as she stirred slowly. A soft light was shining on her eyes, and she lifted a hand to cover them while they adjusted. A cool breeze stirred her hair across her face, and warm sunshine fell on her delicate feautured face.
Kitsumi sat up ith a start to find herself in a small, grasy clearing.
Where in the blazing Hell am I?
"Hello... Hello, is anyone there?" Kitsu called out tentivaley. The cracking of a twig being stepped on answered her faltering question.

[[Someone to play one of the other main chars, preferably a dude for this part. Pm me if your lost]]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:05 pm

Name: Akishra
Ag: 16-ish
Association with Kitsu: Meets her randomly at the beginning of the RP, and they begin staying together
Description: Dirty-blonde hair, going a little past her shoulder blades. Blue eyes. Wears thin leather (pants and vest) and moccasins. She wears a black cloak (with hood, usually down) that obscures her clothing and footwear.
Abilities/weapons: Telekenesis. *very strong* telekenesis. She has no weapons.
S'ereht on yaw M'i lamron...S'ti em.

Akishra
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:08 pm

Association with Kitsu: Meets her randomly at the beginning of the RP, and they begin staying together
Description: Dirty-blonde hair, going a little past her shoulder blades. Blue eyes. Wears thin leather (pants and vest) and moccasins. She wears a black cloak (with hood, usually down) that obscures her clothing and footwear.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:09 pm

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:10 pm

(OOC: I'm sorry this posted three times >_<)

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:04 am

(Thats alright... )

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:52 pm

Name: Lur Falkandor

Association with Kitsu: Child-hood freind ( If you don't mind ofc tigerz) See's her as a younger sister

Looks: Short cropped black hair that is spiky automatically. His hair never is flat when it's dry. Always spiky. Wears dark green leather. Like Kitsumi's.

Background: An orphan when he was a young kid. His parents were killed in an accident, and ever since that everyone turned their back on him. He learned from that young age how to use a bow and arrow. And started hunting his own food in the wilderness. Soon after that he found out he had some sort of powers. He was able to communicate with animals. And from then on he became a protector of the forest he lived in. One day, he uncovered a plot to kill an important noble in the woods. He was at the age of 12 by then. The plan was to ambush the noble on one of his hunting sessions. At the critical point, Lur saved the Noble. And in reward was brought into the noble's family. There is where he met Kitsumi. They became quick friends from that point on. Lur frequently revisited the forest. And still looks after it.

Abilities and equipment.

Ash Bow: A Bow made from the wood of a magical Ash tree. Lur communicated with the tree a long time ago when he was a kid. And saved the tree from being cut. He was rewarded by the bow.

Can communicate with animals.

Has a 'pet' called Fallow. It's something called a War Shrike. Think of a Falcon. But basically 6 times it's size. It's made to attack. But if handled properly can become loyal friends.

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:45 pm

(righto people, wanna wait for a few more people to join the rp or start it?)

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:35 pm

((Leave it up to you))

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:11 pm

(mmk... Might as well start, anyone who wants an jump on throughout the rp. But I need someone to reply to my post xD)

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:01 pm

(OOC: Yeah, lets roleplay)
Aki watched as the girl as she sat up. Curious about her, she deliberately stepped on a twig, which got the girl's attention. Smiling to herself, Aki walked out of the bushes.
'Hello,' she said, smiling coolly at the girl she saw.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:15 pm

Kitsu jumped up aquickly, which caused her head to spin dramatically. The trees around her blurred and stars twinkled before her now closed lids. Steadying herself, Kitsu opened her eyes slowly. Her gaze was met by the sight of a girl, maybe a few years younger then herself. She carried no weapon, but Kitsu stepped back warily.
"Who are you? Where am I?"

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:05 pm

Aki smiled. 'I'm Akishra,' she said. 'Can't really say where you are, though, sorry. Well, you're on the ground, but that's about the most I can do. ...Well? What about you?'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:21 pm

The squirrel whittled into his ear. He nodded and thanked the Squirrel. He had finally found her.

---------

They were walking thought the forest to the tombs. Why she had accepted the absurd quest was beyond him. It was stupid, made no logical sense, and smelt of a trap. But she had refused for him to follow her inside the tombs. Nooo. She had to do this alone. So he had waited. And waited and waited. For two days. TWO days. He had searched for ages.

And now he had found her. He had sent out requests to the animals around him, to search for her. And they had. He could always trust the animals. Following the squirrel he reached the opening that she had been in.

A girl with her. Quickly he drew his bow and aimed at the girl.

"Kitsu. You ok?" He looked at the girl as he stood his ground, the arrow pulled to his face.

"The hell are you? Move away from her now"

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:04 pm

Aki looked at the weird boy and smiled coolly. 'Don't bother shooting that,' she said to him. 'It's not going to do any good. Besides,' her grin widened slightly, 'why should you expect anybody to do anything for you if THAT'S how you greet them?'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:11 pm

"Always act hostile towards a stray dog before you know it won't bite. Sorry darling. I just met you. Now do as I say" He pulled the string a tad bit back to create tension.

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:38 am

"Obviously... I could have figured that out for myself... I'm Kitsumi..."
Kitsumi lifted herself of the ground. Her body ached with tension and her head was thudding.
"I'm fine... I think... I dont know.... No... Yes.." Kitsumi swayed and stumbled slightly, she felt as if she had sea legs.

tigerz-peace
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:54 am

Lur whistled as he motioned Kitsumi with his heads.

At that time a dozen animals, bears, boars, birds, squrriels. All types came out into the open to help Kitsumi Balance.
"Thanks guys"

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:05 pm

Aki looked utterly bored as the man pulled back the bow string. 'But when you act hostile to the dog, the dog is more likely to bite,' she responded. 'I could be completely non-violent, but I could attack you if you keep that arrow pointed at me. You'll never know until you lower it.'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!