Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Kingdom of Twilight

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Kingdom of Twilight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:22 pm

In the ancient kingdom of Twilight, there sits a legend. One in which few know about, it is said that an ancient

magic lives within the depths of the forest that is just outside the kingdom. This magic is said to be the protector of

the kingdom, the only thing that guards it from evil. But suddenly, there have been rumors of monsters invading the

houses of the innocent, destroying everything and leaving nothing. The wise men of the kingdom fear for the worse

looking for someone brave enough to venture to the woods and discover the cause...And so our story begins...

Rules:

1. No godmodding!!

2. Please indicate OOC in some way

3. Be kind to others!

4. Please roleplay in third person

5. Post your profiles using the layout provided.

Profile Layout:

Character name:
Personaility:
Bio:
Powers:
Appearance:
Last edited by InnocentXangel on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I love this crazy sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Kingdom of Twilight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:24 pm

((Here is my character))

Character name: Alisia Rose

Race: Angel and human

Sexualilty: Straight

Personality: Alisia is a very kind and understanding person. Although she seems distant at first, she can become quite open to someone she is close to. Alisia is also a hopeless romantic. She is always looking for that one person who makes her the happiest. Alisia also finds it hard to trust others for a while, as she was betrayed many times when she was younger.

Bio: Alisia doesn't really have much of a past, she woke up in a field not knowing who she was or where she was. She was very confused, but as she came to a small town not far, she quickly learned how to live life. She is now living on her own, travling and such things, finding her innerself.

Powers: She can heal and use the power of light.

Appearance:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:39 pm

Alisia made her way through the kingdoms alleys, trying to push her way through as it was filled with people. She hoped no one would be suspicious of her when she was walking so fast. Her heart thumped loudly as she came nearer to her destination, she was headed for a wiseman's house. Alisia figured this whole idea of the 'Great Magic' may give her some some clue of her past. Of course her hopes were high, but nothing seemed as if it could stop her now.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:14 pm

Character name: Niki
Race:wolf and human
Sexuaility:straight
Personaility: always a tomboy. Quiet and shy to other people but once you get to know her she's less shy and quiet. Stands by what she beleives in and doesn't have much experiance with other people. She'll stand up for people she loves.
Bio: her parents divorced and she was left with her tempermental dad. Her dad couldn't controll his anger and he hit Niki but she ran away before his 'Im sorrys' and 'I love yous' got to her.
Powers: Niki can move the earth and when people lie she can tell from the earth
Appearance:
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o77/FrUiTy_RaInBoW12/anime/?action=view&current=tomboy.jpg
Wolf appearence:http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o228/BlackKeindra/wolf/?action=view&current=2j4riwm.jpg
Last edited by Swift.Arrow on Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So as long as there is a moon, Flowers will never die, and niether will us wolves. -Wolf's Rain
ImageImage

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:50 pm

Character name: Jast Rosten
Race: Human
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Quick thinker and quick to action. His mouth often gets him into trouble, he doesn't know when to shut up. Usually he can back up what he has to say with ability. He can often seem distant and uncaring, but down deep he has a very caring nature. He's loyal to his friends and kingdom without question and is always a good guy to talk to to get cheered up. Jast is very opinionated and has something to say about just about everything and often what he says can appear humorous.
Bio: Jast was born into the military. His father, the head Knight of Twilight, and his mother the leading nurse and medic. It was at two years old that Jast was handed his first weapon and by the time he was ten he could spar with some of the much older knights. Around the age of nine he also started to develop a magical ability as well. Not as deep as that of a mage or a warlock, but enough to hold his own in any magic fight.
A few days after his fifteenth birthday, and also Jast's graduation into knighthood, both of his parents were killed in battle. Three years later, even at a younge age of only 18, Jast succeeded his father as the head Knight of Twilight.
Powers: Jast has basic magical ability that spans from simple heal spells to basic destructive magic.
Appearance: Jast stands at an intimidating six foot three inches tall with slightly tanned skin. His hair is black and he keeps it very short so that it fits easier under his helmet, plus it's one less thing for an enemy to grab in a fight. He is very muscular and very athletic due to constant training. Having no wife and little other living kin he's nothing else to do with his time when not working for the King. Assorted battle scars cover his body, the most noticeable being a four inch long scar running down the left side of his face. From a distance his eyes seem black as night, but up close you can tell that they are really a deep, dark shade of hazel.

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:54 pm

((Thanks guys!!!))

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Auriar on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:28 am

Character name: Dalan Blaze
Race: Half human, half unknown
Sexuaility: straight
Personaility: Keeps to himself. Does not feel the need for human interaction, often sleeps up in trees or in caves, moving from place to place hunting and scavenging for food.
Bio: All he knows is his mom was human, but he never knew her. No one knows who his father is, and his mom died when he was young. People thought since he did not get proper teaching with his abilities he would be too dangerous and often shunned him. He was troubled, and often used his abilities for the sake of revenge, but now he calmed his temper and can moderate his feelings.
Powers: Fire, usually in the form of a bow and arrow, also has very keen eyesight. weakness- Hates the cold.
Appearance: He has a very slender body and has tanned skin. His hands are a darker color due to the fire. He is only 5'7 but is very agile. He has brown hair that goes down to his shoulders, and bright blue eyes, even though some say his eyes turn bright red and shimmers like fire when angered. He wears dark brown leather boots, a black tonic and dark brown pants.
No i am not a bad person.

Or am I?

Nah.

O rly?

Auriar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:29 pm

((Thankyou all for joining, you can start rping when ever you wish! ^^))

Alisia contunied walking to her destination, she pulled the hood of her cloak she was wearing over her head as it began to rain. She feared that she now may be looked at or asked questions, for others were more than likely suspicious.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Auriar on Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:33 pm

Dalan wakes up as the rain starts to hit his skin, he shivers and gets under thicker tree brush. "I need a cloak or something" he thinks to himself. He then stretches out and hops off the tree onto the ground.

Dalan makes a ring of fire over his head to keep him dry as he walks back to the trail. The trial has started to become mud and is hard to walk through. He walks by a couple group of travelers that give him strange looks, people who have powers are usually not so open that they have them. After walking for a while a group of armed men see him and stop him in his tracks.

"We don't take kindly to your kind around here." Says the biggest of the 3.

Dalan notices the cloak of the bigger guy "How about this, you let me have your cloak, then walk away, and i won't have to hurt you." says Dalan with no sense of emotion in his voice, creating his bow and arrow and aiming at the chest of the man.

The man quickly takes off his cloak and the group backs around Dalan and run away, Dalan shoots an arrow over their heads to let them know not to try anything funny, he picks up the cloak and ties it around his neck, then starts walking down the path, seeing a city ahead.

Auriar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uroki on Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Character name:Uroki
Race:human (she thinks)
Sexuality: Straight
Personality:quiet, until you get her mad. Stubborn as hell and protective of anyone who makes their way into her heart.
Bio:Uroki's parents dumped her off at an orphanage because she almost destroyed their house with her powers and they thought she was demon possessed.
Powers:She 'controls' weather, it reacts to her emotions, she can predict it with 100% accuracy and it often gets out of her control.
Appearance: five foot five, with brown hair and brown eyes, she normally wears a violet or green dress with boots. She has a sturdy build and can hold her own in a fight.
I'm not afraid of getting hurt, but I'm not strong either. I just can't stand just doing nothing anymore.

Uroki
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:18 pm

Jast watched as one man stole another's coat. Even though the he was only defending himself, stealing is still stealing. It wasn't worth it though, he had no form of identification on him. He had left his badge back at the city he had just come from. Right now he was just an ordinary traveler, not the leading Knight of Twilight. Even if he did have his badge though, this wasn't worth messing with. It just sickened him, is all.

The knight's horse trotted onward back towards Castle Twilight, and Jast had a hood pulled down over his head so that he wouldn't be recognized. The air smelled of rain. Jast offered no form of greeting to the thief as he passed him. He had learned quick that traveling on a horse was always better than on foot.

As he reached the city square someone did recognize him. "Sir! You're back!" Jast had just returned from a very important meeting. He was an ambassador to three neighboring cities asking for help in this time of trouble. The Kingdom of Twilight didn't produce enough food this year for it's people ad they needed help from other cities. Luckily, two of the other cities had grown way more than enough food needed and sold it to Twilight very cheaply, so that crises was settled.

"Yes, Pacho?" Jast asked, getting down from his horse.

"We got your message in advance, here's your new badge." The squire handed Jast a small piece of metal.

"Thank you, but why so urgent? I was on my way to the castle now."

"The King wants you to make one more visit before returning home," the squire explained.

Jast wasn't at all happy with this. He was ready to go home and sleep in his own bed, in his own room of the castle. How he missed his bed, he had been absent from it for almost three months now. "Damn. Alright, where does he want me to go?"

"You need to seek a wise man on the matter of the magic in the forest. While you've been away some...troubling...things have happened. People have disappeared, some of our farms have been burnt down, murder and crime is at an all time high...We need a wise man's opinion on what is happening. Jast, there have been rumors of monsters." The squire explained, very solemnly.

"Alright, I'll return home soon then. Tell the King that I better have a good supper prepared for me." Jast joked as he started walking off towards the wise man's house.

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Alisia was able to make her way through the busy streets of the kingdom without being touched. She pulled her hood down as she entered the back alley ways of the kingdom. It was quite, and dark, a little to spooky for Alisia. She let out a small shiver, throwing her arms around her, and pulling her hood up once more. Alisia scanned the doors, that all seemed to be leading to the same building. She walked up to the one that was third from the right, on one of the farthest building. Alisia knocked lilghtly, pulling down her hood.

"Who's there?" said a hoarse, but kind voice

"It's me..." Alisia answered.

"Alisia!" The door swung open, sending out a blast of warm air, "Please come in!" Alisia, without hesitation stepped into the room. She took note of the many books the man seemed to have.

"You know why I'm here right?" she asked the man, "I had sent you a letter..."

"Yes, Yes, I do," he waved a hand to her and moved to his bookshelve pulling a large, dusty book down. "You may want to read this." he handed Alisia the large book, which she set down on the table, unable to hold it herself.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Auriar on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:15 pm

After walking for about an hour Dalan comes upon the entrance to the city. One of the guards calls Dalan aside.

"Haven't seen you around here before, whats your business?" says the guard in a deep low voice.
"I'm just a traveler, maybe stop by for food or i may stay the night, i have nothing on me if you want to check."
Dalan takes off his cloak and shows there are no areas for him to conceal a weapon, he even takes off his boots to show nothing in them. "May i pass?"
"Yes you may, sorry for the inconvenience."

Dalan smiles at the guard and walks in the gate. Dalan had never been in this city before, but didn't find it much more exciting then the other major cities he had been in. After walking for a few minutes Dalan comes upon a church. "I guess its been a while since I've done prayers." He walks into the church and looks around, he finds a relic under guard so he walks up to it and gets on his knees. He says a prayer to himself, afterwards he admires the relic then goes and sits at a bench, listening to a local priest speaking. He summons a couple balls a fire and spins them in his palm, after a while he stops and looks at his palm. "The ability to use fire, yet i can still get burned fairly easily." He says under his breath looking at the burns. He slams his fist into the bench and leans his head back.

Auriar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:24 pm

Alisia opened the book, dust flying into her face, she let out a cough and waved her hand through the air.

"Alisia your not going to go out there alone are you?" the wise man asked, slightly concerned.

"Of course I am, do you see anyone else who is willing to do this?"

"You can't possibly think your actually going to survive out there on your own..." the wise man, sat down in a chair next to Alisia, closing the book.

"I am strong enough to..." she said angrlily, opening the book up once more. The wise man shut the book again, and took it away from her, setting it back up on the shelve. Alisia looked at him, glared a little, but then gave up, crossing her arms and leaning back against the chair. "Who else is going to do it!?" Alisia said to the wise man's back.

"Oh, dear...There are others..." he said smiling.

"Others?"

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Auriar on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:55 pm

Dalan stretches his legs and goes out to the market. He looks into his pouch and sighs "Almost out of money" he thinks to himself. He walks over to the market and looks around, seeing all kinds of meat, fruit and vegetables, and some things unknown to him. He walks up to a fruit seller and buys an apple and a pear, spending the last of his money.

He bites into the apple, pleased to have something other than deer and fish. It lifted his mood and he walked around the town center, giving smiles to everyone. After finishing his apple he puts the pear in his pouch to eat later. "Hmm... so i need money, i guess i could get fish and deer and sell them at the market, but i hate dealing with people." He finds a fountain and takes a handful and drinks some. The rain starts to fall again so Dalan pulls his cloak tight around him and heads back to the church. He says another prayer and goes back to the bench. He stretches out and lays down, pulling his coat around him and falling asleep.

He dreams the night of his mothers death, he was just 18 months and never claims to remember her, but this night has always been burned into his memory. It was a stormy night and thunder had been sounding off every few minutes, and the lightning made it look like day. Dalan was in his mom's arms as someone bursts into his house. Every night he dreamed of this he could never make out of the figure, it was too dark, all he can see is the outline of the being and the outline of his sword. The man had a name, his mom yelled it but thunder sounded off so Dalan could never hear it clearly enough to make it out. The man thrusts the sword into his mom's stomach takes the necklace that had meant so much to his mother. Then Dalan cries for hours until his neighbor comes over and sees the sight... then all goes dark.

Auriar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:29 pm

OOC: hey folks...just wondering if i can join! I'm not sure of the premise here...where should i intro post myself in? All that yummy stuff....hit me back with a reply here so i can jump in!!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Jast walks into the wise man's house with complete disregard to anyone else being there. He really didn't care. Jast wanted to get this little meeting over with so that he could go home and sleep. However, he did happen to catch the last bit of the Wise man and some girl's conversation. Apparently, she was after the same thing.

"It appears we're after the same thing," Jast said stepping in. "There may not be others, but there's me. I've got to get to the bottom of this as well."

Jast sat down on a stool. The wise man knew him, being a regular citizen of Twilight. The girl however may not have known him. Jast did note that she was strikingly beautiful, although he was really too tired to admire her in any way. "Well, sir knight, having some monster troubles lately?" The wise man chuckled to himself. He loved to screw with Jast like that.

"You could say that," Jast replied. "Will this great magic help solve my problem?"

"Maybe, maybe not." The wise man chuckled again.

Jast got up to leave, having gotten the answer he was looking for. He then turned to the girl, "If you want to go into the forest alone then go ahead. I doubt we'll ever see each other again. If you want to go with me then I'm probably going to leave tomorrow. If you need a bed you'll have one at the castle. Your name's Alistia...no, Alisia, no T. Just tell the guard at the castle gates that Jast invited you in and you'll be taken care of." Jast didn't wait for her to answer. He simply walked out the door and headed for the castle.

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:09 pm

Niki rapped on the Wise Man's door, pulling her cloaks hood down so he would recognize her. A man walked out of the door after she knocked without saying hi.
Niki put one foot in and called "Hello?" "Ahhh, Niki, we were just talking, come come have a seat." His face wore the smile she was used to. "This here is Alisa Rose, Alisa meet Niki, Niki Alto." he chuckled. " Well, I know why your here Niki. Your here for the same reason, Alisa is." Niki nodded and sat down as if she was late for a train. "Stay for a while!" The Wise Man scolded her. Niki relaxed her tense muscles. "Alisa, your not going out alone, your going with Jast and Niki."
The Wise man fiddled with his thumbs as Niki fiddled with her amythist neckace. Inside of her necklace there is a picture of her father. Her father was killed when he was out hunting. Niki was with him and barely escped. She's never told anybody else who killed her father except The Wise Man. Niki loved her father and wanted to get revenge on the person that killed him. Her mother was divorced and died of a heart attack.
Niki sighed and waited for the man to continue but he just sat there gazing into the 2 girls.

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:34 pm

Alisia obviously showed she was a bit surprised to see that others also came. She didn't like it, but she wouldn't show that, now obviously wasn't the time. She was baffled by the man whom had come in and known her name. She sat there pondering for a minute.

"Alisia....Take this book.." the wise man handed her the large book, which she was hardly able to carry, "To the castle.." he set it down infront of her, causing a loud thump pn the table.

"Sure..."She mumbled trying to lift the book, finally she held it with two hands struggling to stand.

"Nikki, that man who had just left, offered Alisia a place to stay," he then turned to Alisia, "I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you came along." Alisia nodded her head,

"Of course I wouldn't," she was honest, company would be nice anyway. Alisia staggered over to the door. "Should we go?" she asked Nikki. Alisia was less than willing to go out again, and travel back to the castle, but it was something she needed to do.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:36 pm

SatoDraygonFIST{Tas} wrote:OOC: hey folks...just wondering if i can join! I'm not sure of the premise here...where should i intro post myself in? All that yummy stuff....hit me back with a reply here so i can jump in!!

((Of course you can join! You should first come up with a character and fill out a profile, then you can post! Is that any help?))

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!