Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Last Song of Harmony {CLOSED}

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Last Song of Harmony {CLOSED}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kravos on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:20 pm

"I reactivated one of the kamikaze blades..." He muttered quietly, slightly ashamed to mention it. Because he expected a bad reply, "Its supposed to be a last resort tactic in my program. It creates an EMP to shut down the robots, as well as myself. My own chances of survival were well below twenty percent."

Kaede pushed himself up, and paced back and forth for a moment. Mobility seemed back to peak performance, it would be undesired if that messed up. "When crucial I will carry you to prevent further injuries. If you insist on running off, I will carry you everywhere." He opened the small pocket on his arm and took out the now blackened vial, seems like it was overused.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kravos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:06 pm

(Sorry, was watching CASH CAB with my grandparents. :P)

Kiseki nodded. "So could we get moving now?" she asked. She couldn't stay in the city, she'd be putting innocent people in danger. If she was supposed to save humanity, then she should start by not getting people killed. "Gosh, I only weigh like...128 pounds or something like that..." Kiseki sighed. Looking up at Kaede, Kiseki started humming. "Staying here would mean protection, but we wouldn't be able to complete our mission now, huh?"
Hey, that's a post!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kagerou
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kravos on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:29 pm

(Its alright, Im the one making you wait for posts ^^'. So I should be the one sorry.)

Kaede nodded, she was correct, waiting here definitely would not be the best choice. "Problem is, where are we supposed to go?" He was had nothing telling about other cities, or location of the mother mind. His only goal was really to find Kiseki. Either way, he went on ahead and forcefully picked her up and made his way out of the area. No matter what, they could not stay there, it was way to close to the bots. Now that they had positive intel on where the singer was, they would be flooding the entire city.

"I am open to any ideas you may have on where to go. But first thing first, I need more then just a pistol to go on. I can not even use its energy cells to charge anything of mine, its to weak." She had to have some idea right? Possibly some idea as to who sent her here, the creators of both her database and his project. Otherwise they would simply be wondering about aimless as for where to go.

Kravos
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:04 pm

"...you were waiting for me to make a plan weren't you?" Kiseki asked. "Well, I'm sorry, I don't have a plan." She sighed again. "You don't have any systems on you, do ya?" Kiseki looked around. "Ummm.....There's another city around here...there might be a forest, I have no clue....try it? It's to the south."

SHORT!!! SORRY!!

Kagerou
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kravos on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:10 pm

If his eyes were made of glass, they would have broken at the moment. She had no plan, and the had no clue where to go. But only a mission to get there. "No, my programs were to big to add locations and maps to the system.." A bead of sweat rolled down his forehead, trying to think of what to do next without losing all of his hope.

"Very well, we can go south. Hopefully someone can lead us where to go." Problem was, the bigger the city they went to, the more machines would be present. Hopefully this trip would not be for nothing. Kaede made his way to the rooftop, and began leaping across the rooftops. One of the national reserves could be seen to their right, which meant they were at the end of the city. "Least it is clear up here huh?"

Kravos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 pm

"Yeah, at least..." Kiseki almost considered sleeping again, but she had to keep watch for the city...well, it was more of a town. Barely any robots were in it. The robots that were in there, though, were very old and rusting. The people there still knew how to work by themselves. "We can get rid of the robots quickly. Hell, I think the people would help us get rid of them. Some of my family's close friends live there. Although I'm the last one by default..."

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kravos on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:17 pm

"Your the last one? No brothers, sisters, mother, or father even? We could use all the help we could get it wo..." Kaede stopped talking, remembering, he may be able to control some emotions but perhaps she could not. His eyes closed slightly, wishing that he could just stare into his eyelids and forget about the present. He felt somewhat stupid for bringing it up even. Though he was part machine, she was not, and he needed to get used to that company.

Even if he did not want to make her remember to much, there was one thing that bugged his mind a little to much to wait. "How long have you been alone, without family I mean." From the corner of his eye he could see the man made river flowing. When his feet landed on the next building he skidded to a stop to look back at her for a moment. "Just tell me if you want me to stop talking and I will comply." As soon as his head looked back forward, his feet pushed off again.

Kravos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Kiseki sighed. "None that I remember. So, I'm guessing I'm the last one." She laughed, a bit, and it sounded nervous.

Hearing Kaede's question, Kiseki looked up at him. "My whole life, I suppose. I don't remember any family at all." Humming to herself, she heard Kaede's voice again. "Nah, it's okay. You don't have to."

A few minutes of silence passed and Kiseki looked around for the town. "Oh, do you know any towns without your systems?"

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kravos on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Kaede could feel relief sweep his mind, he did not poke around on a touchy subject. "I remember a few towns that I passed through looking for you. But as to their location, not exactly." His legs immediately tensed up as he left the last building, and when he met the ground he could not help but stumble from the extra weight before continuing. "We could always grab a map from one of the cities when we pass through. "

He tried to think quickly, wanting to verify that he didn't know any locations. "Actually, the last city I went through was east of here. It contained one of the scientists from our projects. I think it may have been east of here."

Kravos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:42 pm

"Didn't you just say it was east of here?" Kiseki said. She smiled. "The town's name is Mizu, for water." Riding on Kaede's back, it reminded Kiseki of her past. There was only one person she remembered at all, and his name was.....

'Why can't I remember his name?!'

Still nothing came about his name. He looked a lot like Kaede, but Kiseki convinced herself that he was just someone walking around the streets of her city when he was alive.

"Kaede, what were the memories of the boy before he died?"

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kravos on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:19 pm

"Mizu... It sounds familiar." He glanced back towards the small stream, maybe there was a lot more water around the town? That was the only logical conclusion on why they would name it water. Kaede had the feeling that he always loved water, but then again, he could not recall ever being in the water or to close to it.

Kaede snapped back to attention by the sound of her voice. He shook his head back and forth, wondering if she could even remember him talking about this. "I can only remember a few moments before my death... His death... It was late, and the street cleaners were running, and he just never moved. He lived, getting caught in the gears. But, when it started tugging harder, it slowly pulled his body apart. I can feel the tears that ran down his cheeks. He was not crying from pain, but regret, regret for failing to do something while he was alive."

Kravos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:27 pm

As she listened to what Kaede said, Kiseki shivered. "That's a weird way to die....but did you ever figure out what the boy was regretting?" She knew Kaede probably never did think about it. She yawned, not really expecting an answer.

Mizu was a beautiful town, and when they finally came upon it, Kiseki smiled. "Look!! That's Mizu!!" she yelled in his ear. They went into the center of town, which had a fountain with streams flowing into it. They could sit there....

"Kaede. Could you put me in a dry spot?" Once he did, Kiseki waited. "We are supposed to wait right here for my family friend. He'll most likely know me on the spot. You he might be weary about." She laughed at the thought of her friend and Kaede meeting. "But oh well, he'll get over it."

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kravos on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Kaede sighed lightly before speaking," I have not found out, but I am trying. Memories come back very slowly, even when I do come across something that directly relates to it. I know he never said goodbye to people, thinking that they would always be around one another."

He slowed to a stop, looking around them not actually at the beauty, but checking for any possible mechanisms in the area, when he was certain it was clear he put down Kiseki. "So you used to come here often I am guessing?" He mumbled sticking his arm out to feel the water from the fountain. It was so cool, and wet, it had a small wave of relaxation to it. Perhaps that is why he was so pulled towards the water.

"Who is it that we are meeting Kiseki?" He walked back over to here, wondering what she meant by him making another weary. "You are sure they are friend?"

Kravos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:09 am

Kiseki looked up. "Yes, he is a friend. His name is Yochiru." Keeping an eye on the nearby streets hoping to catch a glimpse of the old man, Kiseki sighed. "Kaede, can you help me walk around? It'd be nice to meet him-" Though hearing her voice he hesitated, wanting to be the first to spot the supposed friend. What if this man was not exactly who she thought he was?

Then she saw him appear in the distance, turning on the street from around a few older looking buildings. "YOCH-CHAN!!!!!" Kiseki yelled and almost got up. But then remembering she couldn't feel her legs, she held a hand out to Kaede. "Help me up, please." Kaede nodded, supporting her with his shoulder as he walked along beside her. He watched the old man carefully, unsure whether this was actually a friend. "Oh! This is Kaede. My friend." Noticing the old man inspecting Kaede from the short distance.

Yochiru was very.....well...old. With a white long beard, the man looked more like a wizard from ancient stories than anything. Just without the traditional hat and cape. The man's attire was consisted of a casual brown miktu, which is pretty much a long trench coat that had many pockets, as well as very fine silk trimming. Kiseki looked up at the old man, just as she always had when she was younger. And Kaede stood, trying to judge this man, his program only knew to protect her, and trust her. Therefore he was naturally suspicious of all others even the ones she called 'friends'.

"Ahh, Kiseki, you have grown since the last time I have seen you. How have you been?" Yochiru glared coldly at Kaede, but Kiseki didn't have any idea why. Maybe he knew Kaede was an android? Or he thought that Kaede was her....Kiseki couldn't finish the thought.

Kaede could not help but become a little more alert as the glare fell upon him. Maybe this man could tell that he was on to a secret he may be hiding. He tried to mimic the mans action's by narrowing his eyes and leaning forward slightly. Though still trying to keep Kiseki from seeing him. After all, if he were wrong he did not want her to be mad at him.

"I've been better, I suppose. Scoutbots have detected and located me, plus they want me erased from the face of this planet." Laughing it off so that she wouldn't look panicked, Kiseki looked around the townsquare of Mizu. "This town has changed a lot since I was here last time." Yochiru looked to Kaede while Kiseki wasn't paying attention.

"Kaede, was it? Come here." Once they were a little bit out of earshot, Yochiru turned on his heel and stared the android straight in the eye. "Now, who are you exactly, and what do you want with Kiseki? She's just a youngster." The man seemed stronger than most people his age, although his appearance deceived him.

"I am here to protect her, now get lost before I claim you as a damned enemy as well." His left hand loosely sat on the gun that was resting on his side hanging from the magnetic fields. If this was not someone so close to Kiseki he would of simply killed the man. Some things about him just made him seem like he was going to maim the mission. "I will protect her, even if I must do so against you."

Once he heard his name called by a familiar voice, Yochiru looked around Kaede. Kiseki, leaning against a nearby stone on the fountain, was worried about something. Yochiru's hearing is not what it used to be, all those years ago. He rushed towards the small girl leaving Kaede baffled as to what was going on.

Kiseki was almost mad at Yochiru, but she wasn't the type to hold a grudge. Next, the grey haired girl called to the puzzled Guardian. "Kaede! Come on. We must not stay out here in the open much longer. We will be staying at Yochiru's place." Kaede flinched slightly at the idea of remaining at the old man's place. He wanted to ask why, but then he decided it would be best not to ask any questions and go along with her. Now would not be the time to abandon her with some man.

-Yochiru's House-

"So....you have a mission to do now, Kiseki?" Yochiru asked her. Nodded, she looked at Kaede, who was standing in the back of the room. "You don't like this much, do you? We'll get out of here soon, I promise." She then looked back at Yochiru. "You don't mind him staying, do you?"

The old man grunted. "No, I don't mind." There was something almost different in his voice, but it was still monotone. It took Kiseki by surprise. He could almost fry out his chip....that was different, especially for a man of his age.

"Umm....well...." Kiseki was running out of things to tell Yochiru, although she hadn't seen the man in four years. "We need to find where the Mother Mind is first. The information stored on my chip's database says that the last known whereabouts of it was somewhere in the center of Earth. But that was over 16 years ago." Sighing, Kiseki leaned back in her chair, almost too far. Flailing her arms about, she regained balance before she could fall. Looking at the concerned faces around her, Kiseki smiled at them. "I'm fine, I'm fine..." she repeated herself until they would back up at least a little.

"Well, when do you want to get out of here, Kaede?" Yochiru asked, almost violently, but still in monotone. "I bet that the Mother Mind is controlling him from the inside."

Kiseki almost stared. Kaede? No, he can't be...

He spoke up then. "I run on my own systems." Kaede pushed himself off the wall and walked towards the old man. Getting pretty much right in front of him slightly tempted to bash the man's skull in for comparing him to one of those damned machinery. "I am here to protect Kiseki, the scientist who created my systems would not let the Mother Mind be in a position to eliminate her greatest enemy so easily."

Kiseki glanced around the room, but once Kaede was finished talking, she got between the two. "Alright, enough Kaede! I don't need you killing anyone!" Yochiru glanced over the short girl, with an ice cold gaze. Kiseki turned and looked at the old man as well. "And you should stop provoking the guy! He's actually helped me on many occasions." Kiseki then realized something. "I can actually feel my legs." Kiseki moved slowly through the small living room. The walls were pretty much bare, Yochiru was never one for flair. Looking back at the two men, she smiled. "A-okay to walk again!!!"

Yochiru looked at the 16 year old happily. "That's great!!!" He glared at Kaede, knowing that he was probably the reason behind Kiseki's injury. Looking at her now she was a lot like her mother...

Ah, Kiseki's mother, now that woman was something else. Even in this age, Chizuru Shibasaki was like a blood red trail in a fresh patch of snow. But, Chizuru made very bad
decisions. Like trying to stay with a scientist, for instance. And now, look at her daughter's fate! If that wretched android had never come into her life, then maybe Kiseki could be happy for once!!

Realizing that his fists were balling up, Yochiru went up the stairs and into his room and locked the door. Heh, funny, he still had a working lock.

Looking over at Kaede, Kiseki was worried. "I don't know what to do..." She layed down on the couch. "What should we do, Kaede?" She really wanted to hear his opinion, because she really had no clue if they should stay at the old man's place after all. Yochiru was usually never this mad, but that wasn't saying anything at all.

Not waiting for a response from Kaede, Kiseki left her old friend's home.

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kravos on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:18 am

Kaede kept watching the old man until he disappeared up the stairs. When he heard Kiseki's voice he was actually tempted to tell her that he wanted to leave immediately, but how would that phase through her exactly? This man was definitely giving of signs of someone that would oppose them. So instead of answering the truth, he simply remained silent. If anything he wanted all of his systems back up, then he would be able to make a call and not feel bad about it. He closed his eyes, hoping to to see some clue as to what he was supposed to say that would neither impair her standings with him or the old man. But all he could see was the darkness, the loneliness that was left for him. No numbers, no voice, nothing was guiding him on what to do. But he had to use the kamikaze blade, there was no choice behind it. With that number of war machines, and Kiseki not fully aware what she must do, it was the only way for her to escape alive with the database needed to destroy the Mother Mind.

When his eyes opened Kiseki already walked out. He tilted his head towards the ground and followed her out the door and walked along side belong her. "I am to protect the database you contain.. And I think it would be best if we avoid your old family friends. Not everyone is on our side, some believe a world run by machines is better." He looked back towards the house, wondering if he would be able to see the old man sneak out of the house to follow them. In a way he was hoping that the man did, at least it would confirm his suspicions. Then again, he never saw any movement come from, or go towards the house. To avoid getting on Kiseki's nerves he turned back and stared at the ground. "I apologize for my actions Kiseki, but I must protect what you hold. I will try to make your time with me fast, and I will avoid hurting any path that your future has in store. When this is all over, you can return to a normal life and never have to deal with me nor any other project." Surprisingly his voice was not so cold, it actually grew slightly weak as he spoke.

The sky was already dimming as the sky began setting behind the buildings. Kaede was only becoming more hesitant to speak because he knew every single word could effect a humans future. And now, without the system, he did not know which words to actually go with in order to keep any damage to a minimal. He had to think carefully over the words he was about to say before speaking, but it also seemed like some things were just leaking out uncontrollably. "Kiseki, we need to find somewhere to rest. We don't want to be caught by machines when we are tired, so it would be best to rest when we can safely." Today seemed rather longer than it actually was, but that is how it would usually be trying to hunt down the Mother Mind. Just to go from the small town to Mizu took all morning, and then to meet with Kiseki's friend melted away the rest of the day. Then came that precise time, when Kaede walked beside Kiseki. Trying to eye any possible building that they could rest in. Of course not many people walked the streets anymore, they were either caged in their homes by their greed and obsession of technology, or they were living in fear of the machines. This town was more populated than the last, then again, it was still one of the least populated areas.

No matter how much as he despised the idea of it, being in a small population was not going to help the mission. " We need to move to a more populated city by morning. From the commotion yesterday, by destroying that number of war machines the Mother Mind will surely get annoyed. Patrols will start, with that town as a center point. If we hide out in a city with a bigger population, then the search may pass right over us. We may have to wait a few weeks before we can make our next move towards the Mother Mind. I do think it is needed, otherwise I would not ask this of you. This fail safe has been up for to long to fail now, even if it means we have to do nothing and watch for awhile. To keep from raising any suspicion, you will have to remain from talking in the common populace. Do you accept this plan Kiseki?" Kaede was hoping that she would go along with the plan, because this was definitely the right thing to do. His systems could not confirm his plan, but it was one of the combat tactics used a few times in past years. Sometimes to advance forward you have to stop completely. Problem was, he would not be able to just go out looking for someone to repair his systems, for the same reason that Kiseki would not be able to sing, and keep talking to a minimal.

His mind flashed with the numbers from his failed system, but it all came as a blur at first. He looked around, and Kiseki was no where to be found. He felt.. lighter. He could feel the systems that were functioning, but he could not access them properly. A lot more people were walking along the streets, that same monotone voice ringing out from every person. This must be a sudden state of mind recollecting information from the past, or a flashback as humans would call it. Kaede took a few steps out onto the street the sky grew darker, falling closer into night every step he took. When he stood in the middle of the street, most of the people were gone probably back inside their homes. He looked around and only saw one person, a young girl. The face, it looked so familiar. But he continued his path, going inside a store to look at the new devices that they had in. As he left the store, he noticed the girl was gone. He paused back in the middle of the street, staring at where he last saw her. Trying to remember exactly who she was, where she could have come from. In a way she was different from the common populace, though young, familiar. That's when it became bright as day, lights blinding him as he stood. The next thing, he could feel his bones slowly be ripped off. It was more from the moment he died, but this time he at least saw a few hours before.

When his vision came back slowly, he could have sworn that the young girl was only right there. He tried to reach out and grab for her, but as his vision began to clear he noticed who it was. "Kiseki...?" He paused, putting down his arm, and spinning back around to continue walking down the street. "Let's go.." Could it have possibly of been her that was in his memory, or just someone who looked a little like her? No, it was impossible, the probabilities of seeing her merely hours before death was highly unlikely. Perhaps his mind were just playing tricks on him, human minds do that after all. Perhaps the girl didn't actually look anything like Kiseki, but Kaede imagined her to make the memory a little easier to understand. That was definitely it, their was no other logical conclusion to such a scenario. At least he was positive that he was slowly getting his memories back now.

Kravos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:48 am

She turned as soon as she had heard her name. "Yeah, Kaede?" Kiseki said, but then saw the guy reach out to her. It looked like he was dazed or in some kind of deep thought rather then actually standing there, and once he realized what he was doing, Kaede put his hand back down. She looked at him with a bit of concern, but it quickly passed as she saw him continue on. Maybe it was just one of his systems acting up or something...but he didn't have any. Shrugging off the thought she spoke again, trying to answer his previous question, "Uh...yeah, we should be able to rest safely in a place I know that is within the woods near here. I can even walk there if I wanted to." Turning in that direction, Kiseki made sure that Kaede was following before running straight towards the outskirts of Mizu trying to find the place that she remembered from awhile back.

The outskirts was pretty much some grassy hills and a small creek that trailed off to the northeast. Then, there was a huge forest, in which Kiseki and Kaede passed through just earlier, right after the last hill. "Well, we didn't pass the place on the way through, but I bet you I can find it with no problem. Scoutbots or others will not enter this forest. It's probably because of the animals that live in the forest, usually in the trees and caves." There was a barely noticeable path that cut through some of the brush, only worn down by Kiseki's feet from over the years.

"This way. It's an old cave that not even bears will go in. Even if they did, you'd probably scare them." Bears in this time are more afraid of the growing technology from the humans, just like all once great beasts they have been dwindling in numbers. So easily taken care of as a common mouse, they try and be passive rather than aggressive. Then again, the machines, not so much. Probably because machines were never used in the sport of hunting because it took out the originality of it. Kiseki carefully walked around the roots of the trees, seeing the tiny animals around her. They had all been familiar with her, since Kiseki spent most of her time there whenever she was in Mizu. "Kaede, do not kill innocent animals while we are here, alright?"

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kravos on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Kaede continued quietly following Kiseki, trying to replay the memory in his head. Why could the human mind not just work like the machine have of him and be able to play back collected information? She said that there was no need to worry about Scout bots out in this area, therefore he had no reason to really look around. He wanted to be hidden within the populations, maybe have a slight chance of being repaired, or meeting one of the scientists who worked on his project. But Kiseki was rather content on staying out in the forest in some cave. He would just have to find a few ways to go on without his systems for awhile. Perhaps it could fully repair itself in dear time, and then he could actually function properly other then watching his words.

"Animals what?" Kaede looked around to notice all the small creatures that were around living their little happy lives in the forest. "Soon enough the machines will take over even the forests and use them as slaves as well." He almost completely forgot about the few animals that still exist in this world. Though it seemed odd to him why the humans would want to keep around such untamed animals he figured that they must have wanted to preserve some of the 'natural beauty' that the world contained. Even though with the wars many landmasses were completely obliterated and had to be artificially recreated. It still looked much like they used to before anything took place, in fact, animals easily adapted to the artificial environments.

Pausing as he came to the opening of the cave that Kiseki led him to. He was wondering how it would actually be possible to live without at least some of the technology. He never did go camping in the artificial reserves, at least, not what he could remember. "How are we going to lay low here for a couple of weeks? If we rest in a populated city we can at least get proper supplements.." He stood their with his eye twitching, wondering if she ignored him as she kept walking along. "Fair enough, we can stay here. Only because I am to protect the database , and I don't need you running off with it."

Kravos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:33 am

"Aren't you the most nicest person in the world? Do you only care about the damn chip in my brain?" Kiseki was almost yelling, but her voice would not be heard outside of the forest. Turning back to her old cave, she totally ignored Kaede. She was pissed off, really.

It's not like Kiseki didn't know the importance of it, but why does Kaede only have to be here for that?! It was annoying, majorly. And that shouldn't be happening this early. "Why do guys have to be so difficult?" She layed down in the back of the cave. She sighed, and stared at the roof. Kiseki saw almost nothing there, it was mostly just stone. Until she noticed something off towards the farthest possible spot in the cave. Some sort of device....

Curiously, Kiseki crawled over to it and picked it up. It popped open and started to have ones and zeros all over the screen. Eventually, it popped up with this:

Merodi Kiseki
16 years old
Welcome.

Scared, she almost dropped the thing. But, she didn't make a sound, because she didn't want to alert Kaede. "What is this thing..Kaede might know...but I don't want him freaking out..." The girl put the device in her pocket quickly. She would investigate later when she had the chance. For now, she just needed to calm down. Kaede had not made her that happy today. Actually, he didn't make her seem like she mattered at all. It wasn't the greatest feeling in the world either.

Getting frustrated, Kiseki stormed out of the cave, past Kaede without even a single look, and wandered into the forest. It was almost dark outside, but she didn't care. She knew the woods like the back of her hand.

Or so she thought.

Eventually, because Kiseki was unstable at the moment, she couldn't find her way back until way after dark. She didn't really know if Kaede followed her or not. But while she was out there, Scoutbots were all over Mizu. They went knocking on the old man's door. And he told them everything he knew.

Were they screwed? Kiseki had no idea, but as soon as she was back to her old cave, she went inside and slept on top of something, she thought it was a rock however.
Last edited by Kagerou on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kravos on Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:18 am

Kaede stood, his eyes growing small as she stormed off. Clueless as to why she was throwing a fit, that was his mission after all. To protect the owner of the chip, and then make sure the owner can maintain a life afterward. So the only important thing was the chip right? "What was her problem?" He quietly muttered to himself, sitting down cross legged. Trying to conjure up why she could have actually blown up at him. Never before had he felt so horrible for doing anything, perhaps it was because she could project emotions through voice. Then again, he did nothing wrong except for listen to what the systems would of said. "The chip is all I care about, that's what I was created to protect, not the actual person that got drug with it.

The thought of the memory was brought back to Kaede's attention. Kiseki only started to get mad at him when that memory sparked, maybe it fried another system or something. No systems were out of the ordinary except the ones that were already down. The only thing that could have changed was the human part of him, which had remained unactive, since he was created in the body. Therefore it was impossible for it to be something wrong with him, it must have just been Kiseki getting mad for no reason.

When she walked back past him, he debated whether or not to follow her. Then again, obeying the better judgment he decided to stay. She would come back and apologize for her behavior, she just needed time alone to think about it.If she did not come back by tomorrow, he would simply go out and look for her again. Now that even the bots knew her general location, she would not go to horribly far. Though she did not show it, she had to know that she was important in the mission, after all, she did have the database.

Kaede waited, starring out of the cave, every now and again his head sank as he was nodding off. Then he would have to shake it for him to only repeat the process a few minutes later. Kiseki still showed no signs of return, when she really just that grumpy and could not admit it? "Whatever I will find her in the morning....." He said it rather coldly, before his facial expression turned to slightly worried, and his voice got softer, not much because he was still controlled by the machines limits, " You better be alright out there Kiseki..." He pushed himself up, and walked further into the cave to press his back against the wall and slide down it, returning to the cross leg position he was in before. This time he let himself nod off, letting the human mind drift off to sleep, as the machinery in his body went to hibernate from the lack of activity.

Kravos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:29 am

When Kiseki woke up, the rock she thought she slept on the night before wasn't a rock. "Gah!!!" she said in surprise once she saw that it was in fact Kaede. Rolling off of him, and hoping that he didn't wake up, Kiseki went to the back of the cave. She was still in his reach anyway, so it didn't really matter. "I hope I didn't wake him up." She whispered quietly to herself watching him to see if there would be any following movement.

Maybe the android had realized that she was sleeping on him last night? How could she mistake him for a rock?! Once he did wake up though, Kiseki brought her legs closer to her, but his hand had hit her foot. "Good morning." she said with anger still in her voice. Kiseki had not forgotten what had happened yesterday and how she was treated. Getting up, she walked over Kaede and sat on a log near the entrance of the cave. It was odd, she had slept on the guy and then went straight back to being mad at him. But, it's not like he went off and tried to figure out what was wrong in the first place.

Kiseki sighed, and turned to lay down on the log, which almost didn't work. It was a good thing that she could hold onto the log with her legs. "Alright, that was...not fun, I guess." she sighed. But once she was secure, the bright sun had to hit her at that moment. "Damn light. I wish it would just go behind the trees again." Since she couldn't control nature, she'd just have to deal with it. Though after a while it was started irritating her eyes...maybe she should stop staring at the sun. She couldn't really close them, so Kiseki looked at the stream nearby. Well, it couldn't really be called a stream, but it couldn't be called a river either. What was that really old word that no one used anymore...? Creek? She didn't know the old history very well. There was barely any natural rivers anymore from the rise of technology, this one was most likely the last one that has gone actually untouched from any events. Oh well, she'll just have to call it that really old...word...that she mentioned earlier....which she had forgotten already.

Kagerou
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!