Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The League of Origins

The League of Origins

a part of “The League of Origins”, a fictional universe by blackwolt.

In a nuclear wasteland we struggle to survive. Our League Of Origins replaces the inevitable war over resources, but what will the outcome of this “sport” be for us?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The League of Origins”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The League of Origins

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolt on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:27 pm

wolf1992 wrote:
Varyar wrote:Ok, so I'll wait Darcannan's post. That way I can make a post describing Aaron's poker face when he gets hit by the irony of having to obey only women.

Quite the late comment on that one :)
Aaron doesn't have to obey more than one woman, as long as he stays away from melee combat :P
For an all-ranged-exept-one-person-team it's probably a bit weird the XO is the only one out there in the charge... ^^

Which means you will have to obey me >:] (bwuaha hah hah hah...) *hmph hmph* I mean my character...

Edit: Post is up
Last edited by blackwolt on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blackwolt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:29 pm

... All but one of the Red Lancers' usual names starts with L. This is an odd coincidence.
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm sorry for my post's length, but I thought it would be nice to analyze every character from Blake's twisted view. I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed with Blake's description of their characters...
And it's quite the contrary, wolf; Blake will probably be the one covering Zethera, since he is a close-ranged fighter. And he loooves charging madly against the enemy...
Last edited by Varyar on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Le vent se lève...! il faut tenter de vivre!
Paul Valéry

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:42 pm

... His view was one of the least negative ones of Lenard thus far. I wonder what that says. >_<

Hydrall
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AthenaUndying on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:51 pm

@Hydrall So I'm NOT the only one who's noticed that.

AthenaUndying
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AthenaUndying on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Also @Varyar, I see your character is smart enough to realize my character is a girl! That could be interesting.. xD

AthenaUndying
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1992 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Varyar wrote:I'm sorry for my post's length, but I thought it would be nice to analyze every character from Blake's twisted view. I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed with Blake's description of their characters...
And it's quite the contrary, wolf; Blake will probably be the one covering Zethera, since he is a close-ranged fighter. And he loooves charging madly against the enemy...

Maybe it's going to become a rivalry/disrespect-based cooperation. Who knows. I for one am looking forward to each encounter between him and Phyllis.
And not to worry about your post length: I prefer to write those essays too :P

On another note: I believe I wrote that the dormitories use one- and two-person rooms. Feel free to "force" yourself together to create personality sparks ^^ (no, I'm not addicted to drama between characters... not at all).

Has everybody understood the way dome warfare is fought? It's just like a pirate ship battle: You move close, the attacker lowers down a number of bridges (and the daredevils can cross the wasteland underneath the domes) and the assault is started. Just like a pirate ship :)

When it comes to the city battles in Triticum, I will try to make a short description just as we did for Aequitas, so you know what to describe. Blackwolt and I are, however, trying to keep the roleplay kind of 'free' when it comes to descriptions. If you feel like adding a special building or whatever in Triticum or Aequitas, please do so! Just stay within reason.

I will try to have a post up by tomorrow evening, although I am not quite sure how busy I will be tomorrow. My character's going to go back to the barracks and rethink things, polish that armor up and maybe train a bit while waiting, so if you want to catch my character before I post, feel free to do so.

That was a rather massive post here in the OOC, and I apologize for that. Guess I become this way when I get tired! I'll see ya all tomorrow! :) Hopefully I'll wake up to a post or two! ^^

wolf1992
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darccannan on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:35 pm

That is a good point about sharing rooms. I don't mind if anyone wants to bunk with me. I think it makes sense that we bunk with our own team. However since its an odd number I guess either the Commanders just get one to themselves or maybe they would share one.

Darccannan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:49 pm

So who's bunking with whom? We should probably work that out or something.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darccannan on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:34 pm

I guess we could randomize it. Anyone got a hat to put names into :P

Darccannan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SasoriRinku on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:40 pm

Oh wow, for a supposedly slow roleplay, you people have sure posted a lot! I had a bunch to read this afternoon. Now I need to scrape together something accpetable to post, and try to not get left behind.
'Mekaku City Actors anime coming soon! Brace yourselves!'

SasoriRinku
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Hey @JokerofSpades I'm not sure if it's just me, but you last post seemed to be incomplete... It stops at 'hoping not'. Maybe it's a thing with my browser, it is temperamental, but check it anyway. I'm going to post again tomorrow, puting Blake in Logan's room.

Varyar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:17 pm

This would make a good randomizer for it: http://chir.ag/projects/team-maker/

I got this from it (Assuming commanders share/have their own rooms):

Room 1
Lan Haringer
Lenard Conner

Room 2
Maen Raeboc
Aaron Blake

Room 3
Logan Sargan
Ririn Crimea

Room 4
Ameriv Argus Cortez
Phyllis Zethera

But the GMs can feel free to randomize it however they want. (Should the girls get their own room, or does Aequitas just not care about that?)

Hydrall
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arctic Fury on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Not that it's buggin' me or anything. But I just thought I'd mention that I have a good understanding of military customs and courtesies, and I know that you're not supposed to salute indoors (in most cases). We could be running an entirely different military here, but I just thought I'd throw that out here.
Disregard books. Acquire maracas.

Arctic Fury
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1992 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:16 am

Arctic Fury wrote:Not that it's buggin' me or anything. But I just thought I'd mention that I have a good understanding of military customs and courtesies, and I know that you're not supposed to salute indoors (in most cases). We could be running an entirely different military here, but I just thought I'd throw that out here.

Yeah, quick search showed me that. I'm not really familiar with military courtesies (haven't been to the military myself), but oh well...

I guess it would be okay for Phyllis to saluting her superior then...

As for the rooms, I'd propose that the individual teams have their members share rooms... Using that website of yours and still counting the CO's as being away from their teams, the following could be possible:
Black Wolves #1
    Aaron Blake
    Phyllis Zethera

Black Wolves #2
    Ameriv Cortez
    Ririn Crimea

Red Lancers #1
    Lenard Connor
    Maen Raboc

Red Lancers #2
    Logan Sargan
    Lana Haringer

And then we'd have the CO's bunk together (or if they'd rather bunk separate that could do too). My only concern is Aequitas' lack of gender seperation, but I guess Phyllis and Eve (And Lana!) will have to do without that.

wolf1992
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolt on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:57 am

I am in for the rooms that wolf came up with, we should at least have the teams put together, and it would make sense that the CO's share room as well.

SasoriRinku wrote:Oh wow, for a supposedly slow roleplay, you people have sure posted a lot! I had a bunch to read this afternoon. Now I need to scrape together something accpetable to post, and try to not get left behind.

For the time being I am glad that everyone is so active, I just want you all to keep in mind that some doesn't have as much time as others to RP in. I don't mind you making a lot of posts when having conversations with other characters, but as I also have said earlier in the OOC, this is not meant to be a fast RP (I really don't have the time to participate in a fast RP). That aside I don't have a problem of how fast it is going right now, just try not to let anyone get left behind.

blackwolt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Varyar, is this refering to Ameriv?
There was a man wearing a helmet and a sniper rifle slung over his shoulder, and Aaron ignored him instantly.

If so I would like to draw your attention to an earlier post from me:
He wore light brown shirt and trousers, pressed and unwrinkled in an military manner.

Just so you know, Ameriv doesn't wear his armor unless in combat or training. I can understand how you missed it, there is quite a lot to read. I am surprised how fast this roleplay is going. What with everything else I struggle to keep up. Fortune favours the bold however and I shall press on.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arctic Fury on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:58 pm

TemplarWarden wrote:Varyar, is this refering to Ameriv?
There was a man wearing a helmet and a sniper rifle slung over his shoulder, and Aaron ignored him instantly.

I'm pretty sure he meant me.

Arctic Fury
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1992 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Hey guys, a quick update.

I won't be posting tonight, sorry. Yes, I know I failed you. Yes you are disappointed :P My day just... disappeared with all the things I had to do. I'm sorry ^^

I will be posting as soon as possible.

wolf1992
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolt on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Of cause we are disappointed! Nah kidding. Anyway seems like the activity tab has been modified a bit, and the RPG chat is down (The reason I have posted directly in the activity tab). Anyway off for work once again, I am already looking forward to posts coming this night ;)

blackwolt
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!