Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The League of Origins

The League of Origins

a part of “The League of Origins”, a fictional universe by blackwolt.

In a nuclear wasteland we struggle to survive. Our League Of Origins replaces the inevitable war over resources, but what will the outcome of this “sport” be for us?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The League of Origins”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The League of Origins

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Navykitten on Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:37 pm

To Anyone Willing

Hello I am hoping I am posting this in the right place I just joined this website wanting to roleplay which I just started doing very recently and seem to be having trouble figuring out how to post replys in the roleplay area for this well roleplay!
I recieved a message saying my character was approved but when I hit reply to this roleplay its still asking me to make one so I am not very sure about how this site works.
I also wanted to see if anyone could give me some tips on roleplaying because I saw some of the previous posts that were there and noticed how long they were. Though I did not really read them and they were very intimidating for me because I dont think I have the imagination to create a post like that atleast not yet.
So I would really appriate it if someone could find the time to help me out and maybe send me a private message so I can get back to it faster.
Thank you and domo arigato for taking your time to read this!

Tricia

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Navykitten
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolt on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Navykitten wrote:To Anyone Willing

Hello I am hoping I am posting this in the right place I just joined this website wanting to roleplay which I just started doing very recently and seem to be having trouble figuring out how to post replys in the roleplay area for this well roleplay!
I recieved a message saying my character was approved but when I hit reply to this roleplay its still asking me to make one so I am not very sure about how this site works.
I also wanted to see if anyone could give me some tips on roleplaying because I saw some of the previous posts that were there and noticed how long they were. Though I did not really read them and they were very intimidating for me because I dont think I have the imagination to create a post like that atleast not yet.
So I would really appriate it if someone could find the time to help me out and maybe send me a private message so I can get back to it faster.
Thank you and domo arigato for taking your time to read this!

Tricia

You don't need to be this formal Tricia/Navykitten, we have all been new to this RP website and I remember thinking the exact same thing as you. I am happy to see a person that is actually willing to ask for help, so I will help you as much as I can ;)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blackwolt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Navykitten on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:43 am

Thank you so much for your help hun I also spent a good while trying to figure out how to reply to the PM and failed and ended up finding out from someone somewhere else which I cant even seem to find my way back to at the moment I cant send PM's till after so many forum posts. XP
I am just trying really hard to find where I can RP in a active place on this website. But I Really Really do not want to upset anyone or mess anything up.

Navykitten
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1992 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:51 pm

I will be finishing my next post, and I will try to get a briefing started as soon as possible. I see that AthenaUndying posted at a different time than us or at least at a place/time different from the rest of us. I guess we will try to have the briefing start, and your character can join us (or be filled in on information from one of the other characters).

wolf1992
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AthenaUndying on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:24 pm

Sorry about that timing difference! I realized my mistake and fixed it though, so now I'm in the room with my teammates. ^^;

AthenaUndying
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1992 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:20 pm

AthenaUndying wrote:Sorry about that timing difference! I realized my mistake and fixed it though, so now I'm in the room with my teammates. ^^;

Great response time. I'll get my post edited so you are there.
Tomorrow morning I will be posting for my character, including the dear general Verturum into it. I hope it can lead to a quite fast briefing so we can get to prepare for the upcoming battle.

Edit: AAAAAND as you might be aware of, we are now 'playing' with a full house :) Every team has two officers and three grunts. I hope the officers of their respective teams will try to make combat a bit more... 'lead', if you catch my drift. (We need to see combat first though - working on that ^^).

wolf1992
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darccannan on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:24 pm

I am going to just wait for other people to post rather than filling the entire page of Lock and Lan talking lol. It can be assumed that the briefing starts before Lock is able to say anything else.

Darccannan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Navykitten wrote:Thank you so much for your help hun I also spent a good while trying to figure out how to reply to the PM and failed and ended up finding out from someone somewhere else which I cant even seem to find my way back to at the moment I cant send PM's till after so many forum posts. XP
I am just trying really hard to find where I can RP in a active place on this website. But I Really Really do not want to upset anyone or mess anything up.

Yo, i felt the exact same way :D I joined this past summer (2011) because i was bored. When i joined, i got nervous cause i wanted people to like me. RPG people love everyone :D Cause we are all awesome.

But i also tried to not mess anything up, and tried to be nice. I still do. But i realized that all everybody else wants is for an active player. If you can be that, everyone will loves you forever (unless you start cursing at somebody xD)
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Hmm, I wish I could change Lenard's name; I realized his rank is impossible as a new recruit. Oh well, just pretend it says 'private'. >_>
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darccannan on Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:36 pm

At least you pointed it out Hydrall. So we know its a mistake. Just a shame they don't let you change it. I had a few mistakes in my character until I noticed them, just so happens they weren't in my name :P

Darccannan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1992 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:55 am

I finished up my post. It ended up a bit longer than I had anticipated (but I feel like I need to get a lot of plot woven into it at the moment). When we get into battle (or the prep for battle) I will focus a bit more on my character and a bit less on the plot, hopefully removing these two-a4-pages-of-text-per-post posts ^^

I took the liberty of writing as if everybody joins the briefing. It is only to ensure that we get started properly =)

Edit: For the sake of flow I'd like any questions to Verturum to be asked in here (if they are relevant for the plot). Then we'll get them answered here in the OOC and then you can include them in your post. Makes it easier than having somebody to control the NPC full time and people having to wait for that person. (Like you have been waiting for my post :P)

wolf1992
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darccannan on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:37 am

That’s a good idea wolf. Oh and I think that post was the right length and well written. It gets us off to a nice start. As for the question that my character would ask, see below.

“With all due respect General, these teams have just been formed. Now I’m not saying that everyone needs training. However I would very much like to see my soldiers abilities before leading them into combat. Not to mention that no team acts as one without training together. Now I am well aware that stopping this announced skirmish with Triticum is a poor choice. But at the very least please tell me that you intend for time after this match for some much needed training?”

As for describing how Lock goes about asking his question. Well he would be confident and respectful. Also, I thought it might make sense that Commander Lock and General Verturum would be friends since they are both experienced soldiers/leaders, are a similar age and Lock has been in Aequitas for a big chunk of his life. What do you think?

Darccannan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1992 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:22 am

Darccannan wrote:That’s a good idea wolf. Oh and I think that post was the right length and well written. It gets us off to a nice start. As for the question that my character would ask, see below.

“With all due respect General, these teams have just been formed. Now I’m not saying that everyone needs training. However I would very much like to see my soldiers abilities before leading them into combat. Not to mention that no team acts as one without training together. Now I am well aware that stopping this announced skirmish with Triticum is a poor choice. But at the very least please tell me that you intend for time after this match for some much needed training?”

As for describing how Lock goes about asking his question. Well he would be confident and respectful. Also, I thought it might make sense that Commander Lock and General Verturum would be friends since they are both experienced soldiers/leaders, are a similar age and Lock has been in Aequitas for a big chunk of his life. What do you think?

I'd love to see some back ground between Lock and the General. I'm going to trust you on this one, so go right ahead! Just remember that he needs to be 'believable' in the role as a leader of a defense force.

As for Lock's question I'd vision the reply to be some alike:
"I understand your concern, but I'm afraid there is no possibility for training before the match. Aequitas is in need of the harvest town, however, and the people of Aequitas has decided upon a confrontation as fast as possible. I know your concern is coming from your previous service history in squads, but what better training exists than the field of battle? Both teams sport trained soldiers, all ready to defend our city against the spawn. I am sure they, with two excellent CO's, will be ready to fight the enemy. Proper training programs, as you request, will be commenced as soon as we have secured the harvest town of Avena."

Maybe end it off with a quick note to Lock and Eve:
"Remember, we are all relying on you and your teams to score us this needed victory."

Feel free to rephrase it if you have a better way to tell Lock it. That's just my idea of a response. Maybe include some history together, if you feel like doing so.

wolf1992
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolt on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:16 am

I would be glad if you can count the note for Eve and Lock into it. It is against my characters personality to make any questions, so I don't feel like I have enough stuff to make a post where my character tells that she is the CO of the Black Wolves, and I kinda want the other characters to know (especially Aaron >:]), so I will appreciate it if you do that.

blackwolt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Varyar on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Ok, so I'll wait Darcannan's post. That way I can make a post describing Aaron's poker face when he gets hit by the irony of having to obey only women.

By the way, I would like to make it clear to everyone: I DO NOT agree with my character's phyolosophy and opinions in any way. He believes women to be inferior to men due to his past, and he is meant to be disrespectful in this matter and in many others as the game goes on, but ONLY IN CHARACTER. I do not believe in such a reactionary line of thought and everything my character does or says DOES NOT represents my opinions.
Le vent se lève...! il faut tenter de vivre!
Paul Valéry

Varyar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolt on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Haha, I always say what happens in character stays in character ;)

blackwolt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1992 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Varyar wrote:Ok, so I'll wait Darcannan's post. That way I can make a post describing Aaron's poker face when he gets hit by the irony of having to obey only women.

By the way, I would like to make it clear to everyone: I DO NOT agree with my character's phyolosophy and opinions in any way. He believes women to be inferior to men due to his past, and he is meant to be disrespectful in this matter and in many others as the game goes on, but ONLY IN CHARACTER. I do not believe in such a reactionary line of thought and everything my character does or says DOES NOT represents my opinions.

blackwolt wrote:Haha, I always say what happens in character stays in character ;)

It's quite a good nuance actually. I like your character and the way he contributes to creating a team with quite a bit of problems :)
We aren't trying to portray a politically correct world... and I sure do not hope people get offended by a fictive character's emotions and expressions.

wolf1992
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darccannan on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:21 pm

I didn't realize people were waiting on my post :O. I hope the post I just did was okay.

Darccannan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackwolt on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:43 pm

I think it is great. I really enjoyed it, and have finally found enough material to start working on my next post, thank you.

blackwolt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolf1992 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Varyar wrote:Ok, so I'll wait Darcannan's post. That way I can make a post describing Aaron's poker face when he gets hit by the irony of having to obey only women.

Quite the late comment on that one :)
Aaron doesn't have to obey more than one woman, as long as he stays away from melee combat :P
For an all-ranged-exept-one-person-team it's probably a bit weird the XO is the only one out there in the charge... ^^

wolf1992
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!