Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Lost Key [closed]

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Lost Key [closed]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby redversustheblue on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Please note: This is a closed roleplay between Redversustheblue and BriBriBearx.

Another Ale glass was empty, sitting in front of a cloaked figure leaning over a piece of parchment. The figure was poking at it, prodding the lines on the paper as though the inked lines were randomly going to move. Which it did, but not right now. Nothing Fallyn could do or say would make it move, make it reveal its secrets. He’d been out of his mind getting a map from a wizard! Who trusted wizards anyway, sneaky little snakes. Never had he mentioned that this was a temperamental, vague hidden map.

Truly Fallyn couldn’t have thought it would be that easy though. He wasn’t the first to seek treasures.

“It was right here,” He mumbled, tapping a blank piece of parchment. Finally after a few more moments of absent searching and tapping, he pushed it aside in frustration and looked up. Two great green eyes greeted him, blinking slowly, an amused expression under the whiskers and the fur.

The cat was perched on the table, its paws tucked neatly under itself, its tail twitching. “Don’t look at me like that,” Fallyn grumbled. He could feel more eyes on him in the tavern, he probably looked downright mad. “I know you saw it too.” He pushed the cat aside, shooing it from the table and picking up the heavy ceramic glass, now dreadfully empty of the dark strong ale.

He rolled up the map and tucked it into his belt, rising up from his spot and meandered to the bar, ignoring the gazes of others. “More,” Fallyn said, dropping the glass onto the bar. The bartender came over, wiping the counter with a dirty rag.
“What ye’ looking for, boy?” He asked, his voice amused. “I know it’s something, we don’t get a lot of visitors round here.” He said, pouring more ale into the glass.

Fallyn was quiet for a few moments, watching as he did so. True, this was just a small farming town, they weren’t too wise in the ways of treasures and riches and whatever it was that he was looking for. Surely they wouldn’t know much about the key.

“Looking for some old family heirlooms,” Fallyn answered after a moment, glancing back up at the bartender carefully. He lowered the hood of his cloak, shaking loose his strands of blonde hair that fell to his shoulders unkempt. “I have a cousin of a cousin of an uncle that lived here once and my mum swears he dragged off some of the family wealth.” He said, a smirk crossing his face as he watched the man try to comprehend his words. “Anyway, it was a long time ago, so I doubt he’s still alive. Too bad, they’re worth a fortune.” Fallyn said, drinking the rest of ale down and reaching for his coin purse.

“There’s a house…on the hill,” The bartender started. Fallyn looked up at him, carefully taking out the couple of coins that he owed and laying them on the counter. The man’s eyes were watching him, licking his lips in anticipation. Certainly the talk of fortunes had softened him up a little bit. “The old man, well I think he’s dead now—don’t know for sure. Anyway, he had loose lips, he liked to talk about what he found. He was always talking about some exotic item he found, said he kept them hidden on his property.”

“Like what?” Fallyn asked, extracting two more gold coins.

“He said..well, he said coins, statues with jewels…a gemstone key-“

That was enough for Fallyn. He dropped something akin to a handful of coins onto the counter and made for the door, a little black cat at his heels.

::::::::::::::::::::::::

There were only so many houses on the hill. By the time dawn came, Fallyn had perched himself under an apple tree that was presumably on the property of the house. He stretched out his legs, crossing them casually as he leaned against the tree, a big juicy apple in one of his hands. “That’s the one.” He said, pointing at the house. The map stretched out over his lap agreed, the key was there. Fallyn couldn’t help but grin in triumph as he took a bite from the apple, his eyes trained on the house.
"There is only one god, and his name is death. And there is only one thing we say to death...not today."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

redversustheblue
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!