Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Re: The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akita on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:17 am

Yeah, so, never thought I'd EVER be posting here...But I am, and I'm doing it now. Obviously. LOL.

Anyways...Just wanted to say that I'm taking a little hiatus from the site. It's mainly from chat, but I'll be on every now and then to check my threads and roleplay and post things in the artwork forum for my design stuff. I really just need to take a break from RPG and the drama and the annoyance I get from some members. I really love this site and love being a part of the community, and there's nothing I would change about it right now, so I'm not going to say anything about that. Pretty much, this is me saying BRB for a little while. I'll be back, just not very soon....

School is coming up again and I've got all design classes which will consume 85% of my time, and then my job which will consume 10%, and then my social life will be the rest of that 5% and I guess I'll fit sleep somewhere into that, lol. Anyways, as Terminator put it best: I'LL BE BACK.

<3 Kaiya/Akita/Nitrogen/Rhoan/whateverthefucknicknamesyouguyshaveforme.

EDIT: Please feel free to contact me on AIM or facebook or PM me here, if you have it. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akita
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm done for awhile. This site is swamped with the same unoriginal crap over and over, self-serving GMs that want things their way creatively, and, honestly, original content is few and far between. I'll be on from time to time, to try and maintain a couple of RPs that have a chance, but otherwise, I don't think I'm gonna be as active as I have been.

I've been seeing a lot of the same stuff over and over since I've been a member of RPG. Crazy quest stuff involving magic, damsels in distress (mostly in modern city settings), 'special' kids that have to either save the world or run from the government, Call Of Duty junkies wanting YOU to join Task Force 141 and fight zombies, anything involving fallen angels fighting demons or whatever, the vampire crap, and countless fanfic-based plots that don't stand a chance, all riddled with illiteracy and inactive users. The stuff I find cool usually dies and that's always a bummer. I recently was met with a self-centered GM that didn't want anything deep from my character, as in I was making him too real too quick, which is kind of understandable, but his requests to fix the RP via my posts were either traps or not thought out too well, because he just couldn't be pleased any way I played things. I suppose I'm too creative to be socially desirable :/

If you want to read more of my work or find out about other projects I'm working on (including my Great Revenge series of screenplays, being developed by myself and my crew), hit me up on Facebook and I'll gladly share anything that I've put to keyboard or paper; I write sonnets quite frequently, so be sure to stay tuned. I'll be here for a 1x1 once in awhile, or an RP with a good plot and good users, but otherwise, "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dig17
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amber Rin on Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:25 am

Hey everybody,
I really hate to say this, but I have to leave this site.I know I've been here for less than a month, but it's just that I changed school recently and I had no idea the workload was so big and I'm also swamped with exams. I was looking forward to role playing and everybody was quite nice to me, so thanks for that, but I guess I won't be able to now. That sucks. Anyway, I won't know if I'll return one day, I'll just have to see how everything goes.

Thanks to everyone who made my extremely short experience here worthwhile. :)

Amber Rin
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jossar on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:55 pm

I've discovered that I can't fit in with a PbP roleplaying style: It just doesn't work well for me. Therefore I am formally announcing my departure from RPGateway.

Sorry guys...

Jossar
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeBeau on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:10 pm

I really wish you would stay Jossar! Give it a chance buddy!

The site is somewhat difficult to hop into for some but the community is more then welcoming and accepting. I understand it isnt for everyone but it may be in your benefit to give it another go, chances are you just haven't found the right role play or writers yet. I haven't see you around so chances are you haven't spent much time the multiverse, you may want to give that a try.

Anyhow, if you chose to leave, i hope you find what you are looking for :)

Good luck

LeBeau
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Methodical_Madness on Thu May 05, 2011 7:35 am

Due to my own circumstances I'm going to leave this place for a while. For the last few months I have been dropping everything for this place and it has become an addiction that I have to break so that I can salvage what remains of my life and build myself back up. I have become far too isolated and though it is in my nature I feel as though I feel that I need to get out and get back on track before it is too late. So for now this is good bye, I may be back but not before I have fixed everything and got back my life. I am sorry to those who I am leaving behind and may cya around if I'm ever on. JGOA, Faithy, Miyuki, Arcanus, SilverAngel it has been good talking to you all and I must thank you for your company on this site. Well... For now this is good bye, I'll talk to you all later...
I am a manifestation of your delusions, I am the moment of destruction after the agony of loss, I am the essence of your nightmares, I am the deepest sorrow of your soul and the greatest lust within your mind... I am Methodical Madness.

Methodical_Madness
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Thu May 05, 2011 8:15 am

D: Cya Method! I'll miss seeing you on chat, just to let you know. >.> I do hope that you get everything back on track once again, I don't want you to waste away your life just for a site. Its roleplaying, it will always be happening, I just hope I get to see your firnedly face on here again someday. (:

-Symphony ❤

Symphony
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Goodbye

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeBeau on Sun May 08, 2011 11:12 pm

So, i've been playing around with the idea of leaving RPG for a while for various reasons including my time on staff and the behavior of a few members of the site. Now, it's nothing i couldn't ignore or get by but it is something i am choosing not to as the negative the site is giving me outweighs the positive. Basically, it has been more trouble then it's worth.

I'm not going to complain about how people choose to roleplay or the amount of characters of a certain race or species as it really isn't that big of a deal to me. Everyone has a right to roleplay however they would like and i have not reason to insult their choices. In short, the reason i am leaving has nothing to do with the actual roleplaying taking place on the site.

My main reason for leaving is the behavior of the members of the site. I am not going to claim that the site is going downhill as i wasnt here when it was going 'uphill'. All i can speak of is its current condition, which admittedly, isnt great. The behavior of many members of the site goes unnoticed. Various members make ooc a mean and hateful place and are rarely called out for it. Unless a obvious insult is hurled or an attack is made the mods seem to refuse to acknowledge it, and even then, friends of the mods seem to get a pass. Except of course, someone says something that 'offends' or annoys a mod, if that happens, it is clearly the end of the world and should be treated a such. Anything a particular mod does not agree with is immediately made against an imaginary rule. 'Mean' behavior seems to be perfectly acceptable and in many cases celebrated and cheered on as a positive thing. Maybe it is me being over-sensitive, but being hateful or mean to someone is never something that should be seen as a positive thing or even accepted at all. But alas, it is, at least on this site.

<CONTENT REMOVED BY ADMIN>

To my surprisingly many sincere friends on the site, i apologize for my abrupt exit but it is something i must do. MisterMars, Gasmask, Moonscar, Eastep, Sarah, and everyone else i cared so much for ... I'm sorry i could not hold out, I'm sorry i gave up.

My messenger is ArashBacon@hotmail.com for anyone who may care to contact me, most of you already have it. There arent many Roleplays I'm skipping out on as the amount of time spent roleplaying has declined significantly since joining the site...funny aint it?

Like i said, to those who cared to have me here, I'm sorry I'm leaving. I really did try to ignore it, i tried to change it ... but i couldn't, i hope you succeed where i have failed.

Arash, Lebea, Leb, Beau, Bebu, Lebu, Lebsbian, Admin, Lunch (Looking at you, Mars), whatever you have known me as.

As-Salamu Alaykum my friends. Goodbye, and good luck.

LeBeau
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akita on Mon May 09, 2011 8:07 am

Aww Arash Ily <3

Andddd....I may not return for a while. Who knows. I've done it before, I'll do it again. I just have too much time on my hands to always be on the site anymore. Plus the fact that I barely feel welcome, so I'll just depart now.

It was nice while it lasted. Really, it was. <3

Peace out.

Akita
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Goodbye

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Mon May 09, 2011 9:24 am

LeBeau wrote:So, i've been playing around with the idea of leaving RPG for a while for various reasons including my time on staff and the behavior of a few members of the site. Now, it's nothing i couldn't ignore or get by but it is something i am choosing not to as the negative the site is giving me outweighs the positive. Basically, it has been more trouble then it's worth.

I'm not going to complain about how people choose to roleplay or the amount of characters of a certain race or species as it really isn't that big of a deal to me. Everyone has a right to roleplay however they would like and i have not reason to insult their choices. In short, the reason i am leaving has nothing to do with the actual roleplaying taking place on the site.

My main reason for leaving is the behavior of the members of the site. I am not going to claim that the site is going downhill as i wasnt here when it was going 'uphill'. All i can speak of is its current condition, which admittedly, isnt great. The behavior of many members of the site goes unnoticed. Various members make ooc a mean and hateful place and are rarely called out for it. Unless a obvious insult is hurled or an attack is made the mods seem to refuse to acknowledge it, and even then, friends of the mods seem to get a pass. Except of course, someone says something that 'offends' or annoys a mod, if that happens, it is clearly the end of the world and should be treated a such. Anything a particular mod does not agree with is immediately made against an imaginary rule. 'Mean' behavior seems to be perfectly acceptable and in many cases celebrated and cheered on as a positive thing. Maybe it is me being over-sensitive, but being hateful or mean to someone is never something that should be seen as a positive thing or even accepted at all. But alas, it is, at least on this site.

<CONTENT REMOVED BY ADMIN>

To my surprisingly many sincere friends on the site, i apologize for my abrupt exit but it is something i must do. MisterMars, Gasmask, Moonscar, Eastep, Sarah, and everyone else i cared so much for ... I'm sorry i could not hold out, I'm sorry i gave up.

My messenger is ArashBacon@hotmail.com for anyone who may care to contact me, most of you already have it. There arent many Roleplays I'm skipping out on as the amount of time spent roleplaying has declined significantly since joining the site...funny aint it?

Like i said, to those who cared to have me here, I'm sorry I'm leaving. I really did try to ignore it, i tried to change it ... but i couldn't, i hope you succeed where i have failed.

Arash, Lebea, Leb, Beau, Bebu, Lebu, Lebsbian, Admin, Lunch (Looking at you, Mars), whatever you have known me as.

As-Salamu Alaykum my friends. Goodbye, and good luck.

I read full message on etherpad and sadly drama will always exist wherever you go, you know you're braver than me. I could have said what I wanted to admin I disliked on site was banned from but never, so kudos on that. I still wish you could just avoid chat and just take it easy roleplay, but I understand your reasoning, I just don't like it, considering first person who really liked me on here, kinda feel sad leaving :(. I hope you do return, because change never happens by leaving, it may not have happened when ya held power but that doesn't mean it still can't remember. I leave with advice my Dad used to say, "You are never tested beyond your ability to cope.".
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Mon May 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Walaikum salaam, Arash. I will miss you and I will miss Akita. If there is anything I can do for either of you, please do not hesitate to let me know. I'm sorry neither of you felt very welcome here, and wish I could have done something to change that.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Mon May 09, 2011 1:20 pm

I really need to check this thread more often... Arash and Akita will both be missed by myself and many others, I'm sure.
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Official Goodbye

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UCTigerette on Sun May 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Well, it's been a while since I've been active and things in RL have just gotten so outta hand that I feel I don't have time for RPG anymore. I'll miss all the friends I've made dearly and I hope that things slow down enough that I can rejoin eventually. Bye, everyone.
* Nezzera * chaoticsunrise * RaeRaeButterfly *

Beautiful Dreamer, wake unto me,
Starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee;
Sounds of the rude world heard in the day,
Lull'd by the moonlight have all pass'd away!

UCTigerette
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imagine That! on Tue May 31, 2011 11:41 am

We'll all miss you, Bobbie <3
I hope everything is okay, and you come back to us one day :)
♥ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. ♥

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!

Imagine That!
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wednesdaysun on Tue May 31, 2011 5:28 pm

Awh. :( Bye, Bobbie... Hope things turn out okay for you.
"Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind."

wednesdaysun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:23 am

I find it amusing that I'm posting in here again. This must be what... my third time now? Sadly, this departure differs from the other two. This will not be a short hiatus, I won't be coming to visit. I'm leaving, it's set in stone. When it comes to my reasoning behind leaving, it's very to similar to why a lot of people have left. RPGateway has finally become unfamiliar to me, and I unfortunately cannot remain in such a place any longer. Granted, you guys have helped me get through so much. Quite frankly, you were there every step of the way with me through all my ups and downs in the past three years. Through those times I felt welcome, comforted. Accepted and loved. I could sit in OOC or IC for hours on end and just escape.

But, I don't feel that way anymore. I feel like I don't belong. OOC just sparks up drama, IC never appeals to me anymore. And there's something that feels like it's much bigger than me going on in chat. And though it's sad I have to say this, I have to agree with everything Arash said about the Mods and OOC. Some have gotten up too much on their high horse, and they abuse their power. It just feels... corrupted, and it's no good. I'm sorry I have to repeat what a lot of people have already said. But this place really has changed, and it wasn't for the better. Sure, there were those that still made this place bearable for the past couple of weeks. Mars, Moonie, Marin, Gasmask, BBClock, QB, Sarah, Mid, Elle, Eastep, Maddie, Andreis, Entity, and many, many more. And it specifically sucks for me to have to say goodbye to you guys especially. It honestly sucks more having to leave you guys than it does having to leave this site. But hey, I still have a way to get in contact with you.

Another reason I'll be leaving is because things have become quite hectic in reality. I've got work and family to worry about. And due to recent happenings, I also have a funeral to attend to. Combined with that, and the unfamiliarity of Gateway, this site has become too much of a burden for me to continuously be a part of. And with that. I finalize my leave. And bid you goodbye in both this thread, but now in chat.

I love you all, and will miss you.
- Abraxas Lectre/Nyu/Salt/Abraxas.
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:19 am

I can say, that while I can't say I knew you well or was good friends, that I'll miss you. You were probably the most memorable person I met in chat the first few weeks of my arrival to Gateway, and between you and Pseu I learnt my way around and then took the step up from Newbie into actual members.

Thank you for the memories, and may you find a way back here when you can feel welcome once more at our doors. Good luck to you while you are away from our hearth.
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:41 am

I find it strange that so many people post here complaining about the attitude and behavior of the Moderators when they haven't once come to an Administrator with a complaint or a concern. If there is a problem, we are the ones that can affect change and enforce the things that need to be enforced. For that to happen, however, we need users coming to user and informing us of the problems and suggesting positive changes.

When people come here and post a parting shot as they leave, there really isn't anything that we can do in terms of opening up a line of communication and trying to understand what we can do to make the site a better place.

Feel free to communicate with us.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akita on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:14 am

Jag, the majority of people aren't going to go to the administrator team because...

(A) They were never advised to in the first place
(B) They don't care enough to, but they'd rather say it here where it doesn't matter anymore
(C) They would rather complain about it all over the place rather than take the time and careful consideration to log the happenings and do something about it
(D) They're chicken shit

lol, so that pretty much sums it up.

But Abra, I'm sad about you leaving. Like I said in my post, I don't feel welcome here at all either but I'll still pop into chat at least a couple times, but I usually just sit there and watch it until I get more bored. No one says hi to me anymore, and the few that do make me feel differently about the site anyways. I agree that RPG isn't what it used to be, and honestly, I don't think that's going to change.

Akita
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:33 pm

And don't forget that my phone literally buzzes every single time someone uses that little feedback button over there on the left. It's nice to go through and see all the things we've done as a result of user suggestion and input.

It sucks to see you go, Abrax. I'll miss reading your posts in the Multiverse.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!