The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

Topic Tags:

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.
Good bye, Jag and good luck to you as well.

I'd just like to say that I appreciated the helpful pressence you were during the start of my tenure as a Mentor. I hope life treats you well, you deserve it.

The RoleplayGateway Store!
Where you can purchase anything from Gateway shirts to other paraphanalia, every penny goes to keeping our awesome site awesome.
Alasund De'astio
Member for 3 years

Thanks for all that you've done for the Gateway and for the many helping hands you've given. You will definitely be missed :(
-Lil
CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Member for 5 years

Good evening, my friends.

I would, first, like to apologize for my unannounced leave of absence. The circumstances, then, were beyond my control, as is the situation I now find myself in. Without putting too fine a point on it; I am leaving RPG, and I can't be certain when I will be allowed to return.

I know that I haven't been a member for very long, but these past few months have been some of the most enriching I have lived. Creativity and talent flow abundantly throughout this community, and I dare say I've made some very worth-while friends here, whom I intend to maintain contact with by means outside of the site, if possible.

My only regret is that the stories I leave behind in mid-telling will have to continue on without me, and I sorely hope that they do just as well as they would have with me here to watch them flourish.

And so, without further adieu, I bid you all farewell. May the stars light your path, and may this final message find you well; in good health and high spirits.

Very sincerely,
Jerico Do'Lantul
You Scored as Neutral Good
A Neutral Good person tries to do the 'goodest' thing possible. These people are willing to work with the law to accomplish their goal, but if the law is corrupt they are just as willing to tear it down. To these people, doing what's right is the most important thing, regardless of rules, customs, or laws.
Jerico Do'Lantul
Member for 3 years

Re: The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

Postby Patcharoo on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:56 am

What?
No!
D:
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.
Patcharoo
Contributor
Member for 5 years

Postby Smurfette on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:08 pm

Smurfette clears her throat and takes a deep breath before stepping onto center stage.

I joined this site officially on December 21, 2008, but I had been an active non-member for about a year prior to that. I made friends with a lot of people almost instantly, and some took a lot of time. In the four years I've been on this site I've made a lot of friends, burned a few bridges, and even met a member in real life and lived with that member in their home with their family for a short period of time. RPG has truly and legitimately changed my life, and the site used to be an escape for me. It used to be that I could come onto this site and jump into the forums for role-playing or jump into chat and talk and joke and debate with users for hours in the OOC before going into Gambit's Bar and role-playing crazy, dramatic, completely beyond the shattered fourth wall, story lines.

Used to be.

Unfortunately, due to a severe falling out with a particular user of the site and some personal priorities in real life (college, family, etc), I find that being an active user nowadays is uncomfortable and I get depressed just looking at chat. I can't join the role-plays that I love because it's awkward and I won't be able to collaborate posts. I can't even go into the OOC chat without being grieved.

Smurfette hesitates and looks down, pausing to clear her throat and swipe at her eyes before looking back out from the stage.

And so it's with a truly heavy heart and an immense amount of regret that I inform all of you amazing people that I am leaving RPG. I don't know how long I'll be gone or if I'll even come back, maybe some time in the future I will if things get better, but for now I'm on leave until further notice. I wish all of you the best of luck in your endeavors and I know that you will all grow to become amazing writers (as if you aren't already) and pursue your dreams and career and educational goals to become inspirational and moving people in the real world.

For those of you that want to remain in contact with me or even pursue role-playing off the site on messengers or in e-mail, my contact information will follow at the end of this post. I'm going to miss you guys, and all the memes and jokes and crazy, out-of-hand debates and arguments and petty name-calling from chat. I'm going to miss the story lines and diversity of all the characters, stories, and users. It pains me to have to say this, but it's for the best for right now.

Goodbye, adieu, adios, ma-salahma (that's Arabic for you, Ylanne). I'm going to miss you guys. Stay in touch if you like.

Smurfette nods slightly and takes breath before lifting a hand and twitching her fingers. She then bows just a little and turns, slowly exiting the stage.

Facebook

MSN: [email protected]

Yahoo: [email protected]

E-mail: [email protected]
Smurfette
Member for 4 years

Postby Ylanne on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Goodbye Jag, Jeroco Do'Lantul, and Smurfette (YUSH on that Arabic). I have appreciated each of you immensely and for different reasons and am sad to see you go. I wish you the best in all your endeavors.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
Letter from autistic survivor of electric shock torture in USA
Ylanne
Member for 6 years

Postby Patcharoo on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Whhhhhyyyy
D:
Patcharoo
Contributor
Member for 5 years

Postby Ylanne on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:43 pm

For those who do not know, I've been experiencing severe wrist pain, numbness, and other symptoms since Friday (4 Nov. 2011) and I saw a doctor today. It's inflammation and I've been told not to use the computer for another week or so unless absolutely necessary. My online presence will be minimal for the next week. You can reach me via email if necessary, but no responses guaranteed til the weekend or sometime next week.

Any roleplays, Multiverse and otherwise, in which I am involved, will have an Ylanne dearth for about a week. Multiverse folks, please be kind to Terra and don't do anything drastic in my absence.

Thanks for your patience,

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
Ylanne
Member for 6 years

Postby Raize on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Due to personal issues, it seems that I may not be able to come back on RoleplayGateway for some time. I'd rather not go into the personal issues, and I love it here. It is unfortunate that I have to leave when I really would rather stay here and keep writing. You may be able to reach me by my email on rare occassions, and it may be that I don't have to go, but I just wanted to make it known that I will probably have to go.

I hope to be back very soon, I'm very sad that I can no longer write on this site for a while.

I bid you all farewell, there are those few people that I hung out with for quite some time, I'll miss all of you.

Hope to see you all soon.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." -- T. E. Lawrence
Raize
Member for 3 years

Postby Izoi on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:54 pm

My fellow members of Gateway, I regret to inform you that I am mentally, creatively, and perhaps emotionally bankrupt.

Since I joined this site roughly two years ago I have struggled to find a foothold on it as a member, within the community, and as someone worth anyone (but a select few people's) time. My time on this site has ranged from very stressful, to at times a lot of fun.
I'm sorry if the fact that I am blunt, direct, and refuse to sugar coat my words has left people with a bad taste of me, my writing, and ideas. This has seemingly offended a great number of people, and I apologize for it. But, I wish for you to realize that I simply am this way. I write this way, I think this way, I talk this way. I do not think that I will ever be accepted here.

What I mean to say is that, I am simply beginning to feel that I myself am no longer welcome in any way, and that the current environment has become increasingly hostile towards me; and is most certainly not conducive to me being a good member of any community here or elsewhere. This is not a good fit for myself or my personality. I seem to think much differently from what is considered a "normal" user here on the site, and this has in the past caused a great deal of friction.

At current I see a great number of problems that are just not being fixed, and frankly this leaves me myself with a bad taste in my own mouth as a regularly active member who has attempted to get the community involved on larger ideas and projects. The cliques that were so strongly discouraged have only come back with a passion, and this only serves to drive me away further.
I have attempted to leave feedback, suggestions, et cetera.

But sadly it seems that these are things have fallen on deaf ears, and that no matter how much I have attempted to talk them through it still boils down to the fact that this is the internet, and people do seem to forget that there is another person on the other side of that screen. I myself have probably been guilty of this at times more often that not. I have felt extremely isolated and intimidated among other things here on the site. No this is not a problem between Barney and myself both being members, do not ever think that it is. In short I have been patient, I have been as tolerant as I can be, and unfortunately I cannot take the bull that exists here lately anymore. Too many people are seemingly unwilling to RP with me, or simply just cannot seem to find time for me in their schedules (I am a nursing student and due to morning classes cannot stay up till all hours or shirk homework, I value my grades horrible as they are). I understand a schedule conflict, I cannot understand the unwillingness.

I will at least attempt to finish out my tab RP Monogatari, but that in of itself is iffy at current due to my current status of creative bankruptcy. Also, please consider any chat quests I have out/you've accepted null and void. I do not desire to leave anyone high and dry in a plot. If I have done so I did not mean to do such, and please let me know if I can remedy the situation.

If you wish to contact me you may do so through my husband barney_fife as it is not likely I will be answering any PM's here on the site.

It's been real guys, but it hasn't been real fun. I do not know if or think that I will return.

~ Izoi/NFI2616
Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Izoi
Member for 5 years

Postby The Keywork on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:05 am

Izoi, I always enjoyed your presence in the chat. So it sucks to see you go. I apologize for never really getting to RP with you (Although I think we did once some time ago, it was enjoyable). And if you ever do decide to return by some flip of the hat, then I will make sure to correct that. :)

I wish you the best of luck and good blessings.

~Abraxas
"You sleep so soft for the horrors that you are." - Wilhelm Ryan
The Keywork
Member for 5 years

Postby Vexar on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:20 am

For once, I agree with someone here. Sorry to see you go Izoi.
Sundown to sunrise worlds spin above our heads, and all we see are the faint flicker of light that provides them life from times long past. ~Vexar

"Power to the community. Power to the users. Don't ask. Just do." ~Vexar
Vexar
Member for 7 years

Postby Ylanne on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:42 pm

Dear Izoi,

I know that you know I hold your writing in high esteem as well as you as an individual, but I wanted to ensure that there was a public statement to this regard as well as your own personal knowledge of those feelings. This is to underscore the point that you have not been completely isolated or ostracized, and that there are people who very much have appreciated and benefited from your presence and contributions to our community.

Please stay in touch.

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
Ylanne
Member for 6 years

Postby Entity of Sin on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Izoi, yeah this site can really test your dedication towards being an active member of the site. I still question whether being here is worth my time or not but I won't know until I get a couple projects done for the site and see where they go. :/
Entity of Sin
Member for 4 years

Postby Jeffrey! on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Well, honestly never thought I'd be writing one of these so soon, but, here goes nothing:

I'm leaving, I guess. Maybe just for now, maybe for forever. I don't really know. All I know is this: When I joined, it was a blast. I had so much fun challenging myself as a writer and become better at every turn. I know that, really, nobody knows who I am, but it was never my goal to be well known or well loved, just to write and have fun. And, for most of my time here, I accomplished that. Maybe the fact that I got myself a reputation as a romance writer is where I went wrong, but in the past few months, I've had really no desire to even log on the website, I've had to force myself "do it for your friends" I'd say. Because I made friends. Several good friends. But, I blame the fact that I was known among the realist romance circle, and that's the only roleplays I was ever invited to do, and I never felt comfortable trying to join any other kinds, even though I always wanted to do darker things.

So, to be honest, I blame myself.

But, that's not why I'm leaving...I just no longer have the time and I lack the enthusiasm. And while I hate to leave (because I really and truly love all the people here, whether they even know who the heck I am or not), at this point I have to. So, I just hope that, if I do come back, I'll be welcome. But, no matter what, I will always credit this amazing community for helping me grow so much as a writer, and not a day will go by that I don't miss those of you who I only ever contacted here. After all, I think roleplaying saved me from a life full of friendless depression, so how could I forget that? I really do think I'm a better, more outgoing individual because all of you helped me to break out of my shell...At least a little bit. So, thank you, from the bottom of my heart! I really don't wanna have to leave, but it's just something I have to do, right now.

With the sincerest of love,
~Jeffrey!
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once."
Jeffrey!
Member for 4 years

Postby Imagine That! on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:03 pm

o.O J-Jeffy?!

We'll miss you </3

I hope you do come back one day, you'll always be welcome here!
♥ Life's not the amount of breaths you take; it's the moments that take your breath away. ♥

Watch my boyfriend's Pokemon nuzlocke challenge on youtube? It'll make us both happy! <3 ~ Cam's Nuzlocke Challenge!
Imagine That!
Member for 5 years

Postby Ylanne on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Dear Jeffrey,

I never associated you with any particular type of roleplaying, although I have seen your name around the site. We will miss you and please stay in touch. If you return in the future, drop me a line -- I primarily run dark, realistic type stories.

Best wishes and Happy Thanksgiving,

Blessings and peace,
Ylanne
Ylanne
Member for 6 years

Postby Yonbibuns on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Jeffrey!

I'm sorry to see you go. Though if would've been impossible for you to know, I lurked like a creeper around some of the RP's you were involved in because I loved your writing style. I'm pretty sure we even roleplayed together (I have the memory of a stunted goldfish; swimmin' in circles around that rusty castle), but I have an inkling we did. Anyhow, I hope you come back and if you do, throw me a bone--I mean, a PM! Like Ylanne said, I love dark, realistic type stories as well and I'm always up for new ideas. We'll all miss you!

And to all of those fellow RPer's posting of their departures, whether I RPed with you or not, I'd like to say this: You guys are fantastic, and you've helped build and support RoleplayGateway. I hope that you guys' all return in the future, and I look forward to it. It's always nice to see old and new faces 'round these parts.

Cheers, friend,
Yoniboni
"If you don't have a smile, I'll give you one of mine."
"Oh, hi. So, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!"
Yonbibuns
Member for 4 years

Postby CrashQueen on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:14 pm

I finished my schoolwork, and I was going to try to slip back into Gateway, particularly Chat, but I've decided that it's just not in the cards. The joy is gone. And what pleasure that could have been salvaged is not enough to keep me. I don't have the enthusiasm I used to have, and a lot if it is due to the fact I don't feel welcome here anymore, whether it was things I've said or maybe my characters are just a little too 'out there' for most peoples' tastes.

I also feel like roleplay is having a negative effect on me; that I'm devoting too much energy and emotion into it and not enough in other creative pursuits. I intend to update my one 'art' thread with stuff I do from time to time once registration is re-opened, but for all other intents and purposes, I am gone.

The final thing that I want to add is that I'm leaving because I CANNOT get along with a certain site member. I've tried to be nice, I've tried ignoring, but I just can't get over it. My short break was taken to get rid of this hole in myself, and I thought it had healed over. It was a false healing, paper-thin, and it was ripped open all over again.

I wanted to think that things would change, that I would change, but it seems I am only fooling myself.

I will not repeat this over and over again and I request that a mod delete my account so I won't be tempted.

-Crash
Hey you like art? Check this junk out, man!
CrashQueen
Member for 4 years

Postby Mid on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Mods can't delete accounts love and it would be kind of pointless if you're just going to register again under a different account. You will still be you, no matter what name you use.

I'll be 100% with you. Sometimes I find it painful to watch you in chat because I see you more angry or unhappy with the small comments you do make and I just...have a lack of words to say in regards to that, so I just ignore it. At times I wish you felt comfortable enough to just join us and relax but I know you're not interested in most of the things we talk about which has left you a bit isolated.

I truly wish everyone was able to enjoy themselves here and not feel left out however, that's just me foolishly dreaming. Reality is reality and I hope that you can find a way to not allow this person to get to you and ruin your experience here.

Please take the time you need to find yourself and what you want to do. If it's not fun anymore, don't do it. You should be happy with your choices. =<
Bai Bai bby
Mid
Member for 7 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.