Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Re: The Official "I'm Leaving" Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:38 am

Well, I hardly come here anymore.

May as well make it official, bye guys.

I might pop back on sometime if it tickles me...if not, oh well. Not like I am missing much- a quick glance at the newest RPs reveals the same trash that has plagued this site for quite some time. Honestly, didn't these kids get enough highschool..back in highschool? But I am rambling.

See ya.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lux Et Tenebrae on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:08 am

I don't know how to put into words my gratitude to you all for having allowed me to enjoy myself so fully in my time here, nor do I know how to express my sorrow for leaving you all... However, as things are, I need to leave in order to develop, to learn and to break out of the feeling of suffocation that I feel is my life, there was one I had stayed for, however, I feel that by remaining I hinder her ability to advance as I now intend to do as well. This is not a permanent good bye, but a temporary one, I will be back however, that will not be until I have learned what I need to learn and come to full maturity...

This is not some holy pilgrimage or some right of passage or any of that crap, such things do not fit me.

What this is is trying to find that which will motivate me, that which will push me to do something beyond even the lines of reason. I had thought anger and hatred was it but as time wears on I have had that proven to be wrong again and again. I know that love isn't it either, I will work within it however, I have realized that as I am at current, it will not drive me to the extent of greater men. It is not money, passion, lust or even gluttony that will motivate me nor is it greed.

So I need to find out what it is that will, so that I can improve this life of mine and break out of this stupid sense of stagnant boredom I have begun to feel before it takes hold and I let it devour me completely... I may just wind up giving up on this as well, as I have with almost everything since my life began after all, that is my nature however, I will try to find it... Until then... Good bye.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lux Et Tenebrae
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:07 am

Dear friends,

I am not leaving this site, but as many of you who know me may have noticed, I have been rather absent over the last couple of months. I have been going through a number of hard times, personal crises, and difficult experiences across many parts of my personal and professional lives. As a result, I've chosen to post this message as a courtesy notice of sorts to whomever happens to read it to let you know that I may continue to be fairly absent, but am and will continue to be easily reachable if anything comes up -- personally or related to roleplaying.

I have made many close friends through RolePlayGateway, and I have met many more wonderful and curious souls from around the world. I don't want to list names because there are so many of you and I'm afraid I'd inevitably miss someone. I love and appreciate all of you, and I've found much resilience and vibrancy in the community that I have found here. There is still ample room for growth.

I spent the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday in New England, and will be out in California later this week for a conference where I'll be speaking. I've been traveling a lot over the last year to see friends and speak at conferences (two things that go surprisingly well together). My long-running roleplay of When the Lion Wakes, which had a two year run spanning March 2010 through March 2012, seems to have died despite best efforts, and I've managed marginal appearances in the Multiverse. I hope to return to more frequent roleplaying soon, whether in the forums or in the chat. I am still a part of any plots in the Multiverse that I've been part of over the last few years or so, and I'm not disappearing.

If I've promised roleplay with you, I intend to follow through. I may take forever, but threads will be posted. If you need me, feel free to prod me; my contact information is below. It is possible that I've momentarily forgotten, particularly if it was a chat scene and if we haven't roleplayed much in the past before, but I'm happy to continue and complete anything that remains incomplete or unstarted.

If you need to contact me urgently for any reason whatsoever, I can be reached via email at ohnoitsdark (at) gmail (dot) com. Emails sent to that address are also copied and forwarded to my smartphone, so I receive them nearly in real-time, and attempt to respond as quickly as possible (usually within the same day). I can also be reached on Yahoo messenger at trealistorm.

Thank you all again,

Ylanne
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:26 pm

I've left for a period before (and announced it), but now I can probably say it's a more permanent situation.

Having been a member of the site off and on for about three years, I've experienced some good times, and lately just a lot of bad.
The site only seems to fuel my frustration with people here and the internet in general.

I did give the site another try, I remembered to take a deep breath and remind myself that it's only the internet... but honestly that can only do so much. I enjoy the platform it's built on, so the problem it's a technical thing.. it's more of a people thing.

I have also had a number of personal issues this year with my living situation (WWIII breaking out in my apartment at 1:00 am), to my car being totaled and the issues that came with. Very little of this fostered a healthy mental state or ability to be creative. Granted I've met some wonderful people through this site who have become very dear and close friends within these past 2-3 years; but, I believe it's time for me to go elsewhere.

My MCU project will continue, just not on this site.

I can be reached at nostalgia[dot] for [dot] infinity [at] gmail [dot] com or mcu1890 on Yahoo IM.
Please send me a message letting me know who you are, if you do decide to message or add me.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:58 am

Best wishes and good fortune to all of you leaving our community!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:28 pm

All right...so.... Yeah, although I've done quite a bit of roleplaying on here in the last year or so, I've recently come to a rather tough, but well-considered and thought out choice in that I will be abandoning my current account in favor of starting anew. I will be remaining on this site, however, I'll be making my return under a new name, a new account in hopes of a fresh start.

So...until later everyone, you can all say goodbye to Jakuri.
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

hiatus (will send this link out individually to rp partners)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amarkov on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:26 pm

Things have gone from bad to worse. I won't be actively stepping down from any of my roleplays, but if my character needs to be written out of a story to simplify matters, I totally understand. I'm sorry for the hiatus and thank you for your understanding. I hope to be back in a few weeks to a month, perhaps in the first part of April.

Amarkov
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lostamongtrees on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Taking a Hiatus! IRL Calls~
You'll be able to find me in character for the next week or so.
I'll be back!

I guess contact me if you honestly need further explanations!

Edit: IRL moves a lot slower than I thought it would, I think I spend too much time in character.
I should be seriously disappearing within the week.
tag me in the chat!

Become a Cartographer
Chart the stars of
The Multiverse with us!

The Hunt
Do you have what it takes
to become a Hunter?

"Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb, and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth.
They planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future foretold."

- Robert Jordan

lostamongtrees
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Helmsman Builder Streamwatcher Beta Tester Storyteller Maiden Voyager Greeter Concierge Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Tipworthy Cult Leader Hordemaster Historian Lifegiver Visual Appeal Donated! Salesman Property Buyer Contributor Giver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Sometimes, you're faced with a lose/lose decision to make. An issue becomes too complex, mistakes are made, and you wind up in a position where any choice you make is pretty unideal. I found myself in this situation recently and I'm sorry to say that it means I'm going to be leaving.

If you actually want an explanation, keep reading. For starters, I've been overworked for a very long time. I push myself very hard, and I've suffered in many ways for my art. (In this case, art refers to RP.) I have been unable to properly keep up with posting for several weeks now, and I've had to look back and ask myself what I want to do about it. I tried to reduce the strain of posting by using etherpads to joint post with other RPers while simultaneously trying to force myself not to worry so much about post quality. This worked fairly well on the sites it applied to, RPG not being one of them as such actions (Namely, joint posting in a pad to copy paste later) would be frowned upon in The Multiverse.

For a time, I tried to work with this. However, other details got involved. If you're familiar with the RPG Chat you're probably aware that I 'enjoy' discussions from time to time. Discussions in and of themselves were okay. Sometimes I enjoyed them even. More than anything else, the desire to work hard compelled me to push for people's rights to have a discussion without being railroaded by others. If you quickly google 'railroad' you'll find that aside from being train tracks it is also a verb defined as "To press (someone) into doing something by rushing or coercing them"

The chat made quite a bit of progress in fighting that tide of disrespect tainting it, but it didn't stop people (left unnamed publicly) from turning me into their personal punching bag. This turned into a trend where some people frankly treated me like shit when I tried to discuss things. I'm a very humble person. The only times I've ever spoken highly of myself were either half-hearted or straight up sarcastic. According to the chat on a bad day I'm stupid, believe myself to be all knowing, and am incapable of forming a coherent response. But hey--Who am I to argue with that? Sarcasm aside none of that justifies the way I was treated, and frankly even if it turned out I was stupid I /still/ wouldn't regret trying to play with the big boys.

I usually make a pretty strong effort not to attack people under a belief in the inherit good in others, preferring to focus on a person's logic or theories rather than the person behind them. Any instances of me blatantly abandoning such values is an indication of something being very, very wrong. However, as stated earlier this favor has not always been returned. For a time, I dealt with that too. However, this did not get better. In fact it got worse, and when I finally detected that I could not simply ignore the assault on my integrity as a person indefinitely and went to the mods... well... Quite frankly things didn't work out in my favor. What I needed was simply some relief from the onslaught of disrespect--For one reason or another that didn't happen.

At that point, I made the decision that my time on RPG had become too unhealthy for even my standards. The reasons stopped mattering and it became an issue of "I may /want/ to make this work, but my body is telling me it has had enough and I can only ignore that long enough for it to either kill me or cause me to lose control of myself and freak out." (Yes, that is correct--I do have actual feelings that are capable of being hurt.)

So... yeah. You won't be seeing me around the chat anymore, and my overall presence on the site will decrease significantly. I will probably offer some legacy support in The Multiverse to help finish up some RP related stuff, but I will likely be moving away from that as well in the future.

I don't know when or if I'll come back, but for right now and the immediate future this is goodbye. I apologize for those that invested in Ruula whom I let down. A part of me hopes that all of you who enjoyed the concept will recognize that it is a sandbox like with the rest of The Multiverse, and that it does not need me to thrive.

In the meantime, anyone wishing to contact me will be able to reach me through PMs, at least for a while. Long term contact will need to be established through my Skype (ChaoticMarin), Facebook (Chaotic.Marin) or my admittedly rarely used Google+ (Link)

EDIT: Oh... and unless it wasn't clear, this is /not/ an April Fool's joke.
“I eat my enemies for breakfast; even when I already ate breakfast, and brunch!”

“But in my heart, I sometimes wish they would atone so that I could be that close to a friend.”

Check out my likes and dislikes post and my profile. Then hit me up!

ChaoticMarin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Beta Tester Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Recruiter Cult Leader Hordemaster Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge Visual Appeal Donated!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dr. Nikolai on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:15 pm

*Waves* I'm sorry people treated you like a punching bag Marin, I enjoyed rping with you and wish you the best :) I hope you change your mind and come back sometime.
~"You ask who you love, and you don't know, no, do you?
The spirit of God just passes right through you
You gave away heaven, handed right to you
And I can see it all tell me is it true?
And kiss me my darling, darling I need you"~

Dr. Nikolai
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dr. Nikolai on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm just going to say this and say it with no hate but complete and utter confidence in my words. I feel as though the quality of this site is going down, and a lot of the community is utter crap. People are terrible to other's and the site is broken more times than I can count. I was treated bad and called a "whiner" because of complaints about legitimate issues. This is infuriating me, and has caused me much stress, and anger to no bounds at the community, except for a few that actually have a heart, and don't talk crap all the damn time.

I am saying this all because this is a warning, I am very close to leaving this site due to all those things, and if you feel as though what I am saying is whining, then piss off, I don't care. I am also very close to just leaving The Multiverse, and go somewhere else on the site IF I don't leave the site completely.

Dr. Nikolai
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:37 pm

I am unaware of the specific issues that are causing you so much frustration. As for the technical issues, we are always striving to improve the site but our lack of funding and volunteer staffing sometimes makes it difficult to keep everything running in tip-top shape. Have there been times when you've been late getting out a post or had to postpone an RP date because of real-life issues? This happens with our Staff, too, and sometimes we need just a little more time to get things under the hood working properly.

As for RP-specific issues, such as those you're having with the Multiverse, the best course of action is to send a PM directly to the GM of that RP. In the case of the Multiverse, that would Remæus along with any co-GMs he had appointed.

If you are having issues with other members or are being treated in a way that is in violation of our Rules, please PM a Moderator so we can look into the situation and get involved. We can't fix the problems we don't know about.

Thanks!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klein on Tue May 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Well. I would rather not have to type this out or come to the conclusion I've finally have come to but. It looks like I might be done with this site, there are various reasons and to be honest who am I fooling I don't really come on here anymore. As of recent I've found it harder and harder to find any manner of RP and when any is happening its something I 'can't' take part in or its just not my cup of tea. (You can't force a Man do to something that's just not their thing.)

I know I know, I've been told to go 'Respond' to other Posts that have been posted in different rooms, or to try and start something MULTIPLE times. I've tried, and I lack the time if not patience anymore to wait around and hope for a response, it eats me up inside really and I know I'll probably get chewed on for typing this all. (Which is another reason, I'm a Manic Depressant and I can't stand feeling like I'm being attacked all the time, even if it isn't intentional its how I FEEL.)

I do love this site more then any other, and trust me I've been searching while I've been away for a new stomping ground until things possibly pick up, and well to be honest I couldn't find any that wasn't a forum or filled up to my eyeballs in smutt. I've also tried asking in OOC if that counts for anything (Though as of resent stopped bothering as people are either too busy, don't respond or not interested) but it didn't get me very far, I'm not someone who can sustain off one to two RP a month especially seeing HOW addictive it is.

To be honest I also feel like I'm being used and deposed of like some manner of 'tool', I doubt this is intentional but it ties with my manic depression. I can't help but feel used when someone RP's with me and then not for months or even a year after that... Anyhow, I'll be around on the site every so often but I'm not going to be bothered with posting IC. Just going to drop on by, say hey to a few people and then when my free time is up go about my miserable life.

I'm terribly sorry if I upset anyone, I know I'm a shitty person. I got that memo.. Thank you all for everything, I will never forget this site and how much its provided me with, I wouldn't be as decent as I am now without it.

Klein
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 pm

Please. Stop.

This isn't a place to call yourself shitty. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that is one that you shouldn't have of yourself. Whoever sent you that memo...is WRONG.

I don't know you that much, but my glass is raised to you for not being used and abused. Like you said, "you can't force a man."

If there's anything I could do for you, don't hesitate to ask.

If there's anything that you could suggest as to better the environment here, feel free to speak.

This place is supposed to be a healthy environment that nurtures the creative process. Not a place for people to be battered and tormented personally. I've seen way too much of this going on, and it really makes me sad.

So as I said before, don't hesitate to ask, and feel free to speak.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:13 pm

I strongly doubt there is any validity in Klein's post. Just sounds like a lot of complaining, however, solutions are always available and perhaps the solution as to simply not roleplay in The Multiverse but rather work on other roleplays and join other roleplay tabs of things that spark your interest.

It takes a multitude more failures before one is successful at something. A business friend of mine told me that and it stands true to many aspects of life. Don't ever be paralyzed by fear of failing at something but excited at the opportunity to learn from your failures and successes to move forward with that newly acquired knowledge.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saarai on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:17 am

The staff member who is the cause of me leaving decided to delete my last post explaining why I was leaving. I imagine this one will be taken down as well.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Saarai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lux Et Tenebrae on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:40 am

I shall be leaving this site shortly for at least a few months, I suppose regardless I need to get on with my life as I hope others may as well. For some of you, this good bye will be permanent even if things do turn out alright for me. And should they not then this applies for all of you. Though the time where I know whether I'm in trouble or not is in a few weeks, I will avoid this place for a few months to be doing what is neccesary to further my position in life as well as going on to try to improve upon my writing. I thank you all for your hospitality, may we meet again.

Lux Et Tenebrae
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:00 pm

Hm, I remember posting here before. While back, but I do recall. Then it was only a temporary thing, thanks to my situation back in high school, but now I fear the reason for posting here is something else entirely. I've come back after several breaks, hiatuses, whatever you'd like to call them. They were lapsing moments in my time here, and it has seemed like every time that I return that the site loses more of its luster and simply gains more overcomplicated superficial features that have no real point.

Suffice it to say that this time I neither plan nor wish to return.

It seems like more and more my efforts to craft a story here fade and fall by the wayside. I do my best to present that a nation, roleplayed, can prove to be a setting for grander stories, a backdrop for adventures that have not yet been written. At this rate it seems like they shall never be, and though that saddens me, I think I understand. Perhaps they will be, someday, here or somewhere else - perhaps I will even have a part in writing them, though after the past few months my desire to write at all has faded significantly. The hobby is neither enjoyable or fresh to me any more, and has begun to take on a visage more like that of work than anything else.

I would like to apologize to those who planned on plotting with me, or had plots ongoing with me. If you have my contact information, perhaps we can discuss things further. I feel that I no longer wish to roleplay, it is not fun for me anymore. Writing, legitimate writing, I believe is calling me, if I am to continue with this hobby. Roleplaying, especially roleplaying here, is creative stagnation and it curtails my ability. I already look back on the posts I had written a year ago, a year and a half, and I wish I could do as I did then.

It seems that I am no longer welcome in my home here, and while I am grateful that RoleplayGateway has proved, at least for me, a Gateway into the internet, I feel that it is no longer a welcoming place. The userbase now seems either unfamiliar or hostile, and I am met more often with scorn and disdain than welcome. Perhaps, were it the Gateway of four years ago, I might feel more welcome, when my friends still lingered here in the heady days of my literary youth.

But it is not.

DemiKara and I both are becoming more and more disenfranchised with the prospects of staying, and quite simply are no longer comfortable writing here. We do not enjoy what we write, nor do we enjoy writing with the memberbase. It feels as though, in the past year, I have endured more hostile words and dealt with more misery born of this site than anywhere else. This place is not healthy, and I, as well as my fiance, have decided to leave.

Again, my apologies to those who wish to write with us. Message me if you still desire my contact information. I am willing to talk, to be civil, if you are.

DemiKara says:

I used to love this place, especially when I first foudn it. It was simple, and the users seemed friendly. Perhaps I've changed enough to no longer find their jokes or their teasing funny. I suppose that's what it must be, college changing my perception on life, making me less willing to put up with things when I'm tryign to de-stress.

I've popped in periodically thoughout the summer, looking for RP, looking in the usual spots, and couldn't find it, nor coudl I find users willing to set up an RP, unless I joined a plot that I, with college, an internship, and running an organization, simply don't have time for.

There's no room on this site for old hats, I think. No room at all. I had hoped over the summer I could take up RPing again. Well, the answer is clear. Not here. Not anywhere, not for awhile. I have lost my drive to roleplay entirely.

This place has caused me nothing but stress and sorrow each time I come. I will no longer be coming here, for there's no need. I want to concentrate now on my life, my writing, and my fiance. Not on petty squabbles and mockery of others.

I'm sorry to say, though I've posted before, this time I must go and not return. Before, I hoped to return each summer, to a family of RPers that welcomed me. Now? Now I hope to never return to this sad place again.

I'll miss some of you, some what, though not many of you a lot. If you have my contact info, then feel free to contact me. If you don't, PM me here. I'll still get the emails and perhaps I'll answer you, perhaps share contact elsewhere. I rather doubt it.

Frank Herbert wrote:"Thufir, what're you thinking?" Paul asked.

Hawat looked at the boy. "I was thinking we'll all be out of here soon and likely never see the place again."

"Does that make you sad?"

"Sad? Parting with friends is a sadness. A place is only a place."

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akita on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:01 pm

I've posted here a couple times in the past, and I feel like there's one a couple more things I'd like to say regarding my absence and my leaving this site for good.

As many users (including myself) have mentioned before, this place is not very welcoming anymore. It used to be a home to me - a writing sanctuary where I could run off to an sit in my own little world with those who I hold the most common interests with in the world of literature.

When I first joined RPG, I was mainly looking for an outlet to get back on my feet for writing because it was a long-time interest and hobby of mine that got lost in a mess of moving and life difficulties. When I finally was able to settle down, I made a decision and joined this place.

Although there were some downfalls and drama included, but that's to be expected anywhere you go for any reason, I loved this place. It was a beautiful area where a writer could come and relax, chat with online/IRL friends and create wonderful stories together and explore creative realms in which their characters would journey through.

That was the best time - my first year here. Not long after I joined, I was appointed a position with the mentor (now Scholar) team in hopes to create a more friendly writing environment by putting forth the effort to coach those who struggled through it. Being an ideal member on the site, I was then offered a moderator position, which I believe became my downfall. However, I won't get into that subject. Too many hurt feelings there.

But I will point out, though, that around my second year here is when things started to get saucy and feel a little out of place.

The worst part about this site is the userbase - and that includes staff members and supporters. The second worse is the over-compensating factor of areas to associate yourself in an environment that is supposed to be meant for writing.

It would honestly be better if this site could revert back to the simple form of a forum/chat site with maybe a couple rooms in the Multiverse.

All of these new features honestly makes me feel very lost and uncomfortable with how the site works now. I feel like this place has lost the touch I loved the most about it - the personal value.

I feel like, before the site started undergoing all of these outrageous changes, that we were all closer as a community and we actually cared about the members, granted we had our own groups and cliques. But now, there's unfamiliar faces walking about and it's very hard to identify the meaning of being here.

I came here to fulfill my hobby, my passion for writing, and needless to say - that has long been diminished. And this may seem harsh, but I blame this place for that.

When I go back to my old roleplays I have saved, I love to read through them and feel passionate again for just a moment, but when I even think about writing again, starting anew and just bringing back my old favorite interests, it bores me. It really doesn't speak to me anymore, and I feel that it's because of my overwhelming resentment for this place.

Roleplaygateway crushed my interest, my hobby, my love, and my overall passion for writing and roleplaying. As sad as it is to say, your features are great, but they suck without a strong userbase.

And that's what this site will forever lack - a strong userbase, and a good sense of worth.

Good luck to anyone who's on this site that is trying to find their place among this crowd of blank faces.

Seriously.

Goodbye, RoleplayGateway. Forever.
~Akita

Akita
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark Star on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Well. Seeing no matter how many times I point out the fact that 'Klein' is also me I'm going to make this somewhat brief and pointless post, it also seems fellow older members share the same plight I do and well I'm going to have to strongly agree with them :/ Tis a shame really, but with this out of the way I can continue doing things that make me truly happy.

Dark Star
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!