Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Return of Netharzeem

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Return of Netharzeem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:30 pm

"I would certainly agree with them, were we bringing the caravan of servants. Thorongeir's pass is notorious, an excellent spot to be ambushed. Most would avoid it. However, we are not most people. Just the two of us won't attract the bigger nasties, but it'll be more than enough to handle any of the lesser creatures." The pass was slightly more risky than he portrayed it to be, but Terryn was eager to get to Snowieview. It had been quite some time since he had last seen his uncles, and thinking of them now he wondered why he hadn't visited sooner.

The obvious challenge in Jozan's voice caught Terryn's attention immediately. A race eh? Good. It was about time the man let his adventurous side show. Glancing over the extra supplies the temples servants had added to his pack to ensure they were secure, Terryn gave Mearas a slight prod with his foot, the signal for the horse to run like the hounds of hell were after it. As Mearas bolted forward, Terryn managed to call over his shoulder, "I'll manage!"

Jozan knew the streets far better than Terryn, but Mearas was fast. He didn't think it would be too long before Jozan managed to overtake him, but he would delay that moment as much as possible.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:34 pm

Irish Wolf wrote:
Alexander

"Go on in Aedan" said the guard, who's name was Perrin, "Master Theodoric said he was going to be on the first floor library today."

The Ranger gave a respectful nod over at Perrin. He always liked the wizard. He was certainly more reasonable than the new guard. With that thought, he entered into the Tower. Aedan wondered why successful wizards tended to build huge towers for themselves. To store their tomes and artifacts, perhaps, but then, there was only about one or two floors that contained objects of any value or interest to their owner. The rest just seemed to be there for the sake of impressing people.

Still, Aedan did not object. There were many books within this Tower that he found useful at one point or another. Perhaps that was why Theodoric kept them. But then, his brother had a collection to rival his and he certainly didn't allow many to browse through his possessions.

Before Aedan could go on with his thoughts, he spotted the Wizard. He looked younger than he should be if the records about his true age was correct. He was usually glad to see the man, but now, dark thoughts returned to the Ranger's mind.

"Something has upset the Balance, Theodiric," he told the man bluntly, "Predators flee like prey. Owls and bats fly during the day. The treees whisper a long forgotten song. Something has happened... Or has been unearthed. I trust your wizarding senses have told you something similar."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:26 pm

Jozan von Carstein

Jozan almost cursed as Terryn bolted away. Kicking his horse hard to the sides, he send it into a gallop, racing through the streets to catch up with the heavily armored man. Damn he's fast, and with armor and provisions he's still outrunning me! Jozan thought, amazed that such strong breeds of horses existed.
Jozan yelled as people got in his way, the main streets were too crowded and Terryn's horse's hoofs sounded like thunder on the stoned roads. If you can't be outrun, then you can be outflanked, Jozan thought as he took a turn down an alley leading through one of the many slums of the city. Beggars, crippled, women and children jumped out of the way as Jozan raced through the narrow streets.

The race only intensified as they came closer and closer to the gates of the Outer Wall. Jozan made his horse jump over a merchant's small cart while Terryn was seen narrowly hitting a city guardsman, Jozan laughed aloud as he felt the adrenalin of youth course through his veins, making his muscle tense and his mind clear. It was a heavenly feeling and though he wanted to cling on to it forever he knew that there were more important things to focus on, like not hitting the group of monks standing twenty meters away from him!

Barely managing to steer his horse out of the way, and seeing as the holy men threw themselves out of the way, one landing in a big pile of doo, Jozan returned to focusing on the one thing. The race. There was less than a hundred meters of straight road to the gates. Jozan's shortcuts had given him a minor lead, but Terryn's horse was still bigger and more endurance, Jozan would be lucky if they could call the race for a draw!
Grabbing a medium sized stick, which he normally used for beating his servants, he began to whip the horse at its back, motivating it with pain to run faster. "Yarh! Yarh!" Jozan screamed as he kicked and hit his horse, ambitious to win the race.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Theodoric

The city of Snowieview on the edge of the Snowsilver Moor, the western quarter, the Aunriel Republic, that morning

It took a few seconds for the wizard to respond to the ranger, as he was currently busy reading, as he was often found. Cleaver golden eyes flicked back and forth over a page covered in odd writing, from behind a thin pair of wire bound glasses. Now the glasses were not need by the magic user, to read or for any sight related purposes but rather, they allowed him to read languages he did not understand and the wood bound book, which was several centuries old, was in a language long dead and without any hints on how to translate it.

Looking up from his book, Theodoric plucked the glasses from the bridge of his nose and tucked them into a pocket. For a moment, he considered the man before him, while puffing contently on a short and plain clay pipe. Tendrils of red smoke rose from the bowl of the pipe and from his nose, which smelled of cinnamon and wintergreen, with an undertone of cranberry of all things.

"I have" said the wizard, taking his pipe from between his teeth and shaking his head a little, causing his topknot to dance a little, "However my friend, I think you might be slightly incorrect. Something is about to be uncovered. An old power perhaps or maybe a source of new. I have been watching the sky at night and have noticed once faint stars have begun to glow brighter and I think several new constellations are forming. Several of my peers have tried to scry the meaning of these changes but everything in the future is blank."

Alexander

The city of Snowieview on the edge of the Snowsilver Moor, the eastern quarter, the Aunriel Republic, that night.

Alexander lounged on his large bed in the pitch darkness, eyes staring towards the door to his bed chamber. He had been awoken several minutes earlier, when his wards had gone off, as a stranger entered his audience hall. The mirror across the room and glowed with an image of the priestess. At first it seemed she had just been fetching her cloak but then she took her time to study the half a spell, he keep near his bench and he found that odd. The scrap of parchment with it's odd script, shouldn't hold any interest for those without the gift. For those who couldn't feel it's power. The only reason, that he could think of, for someone to stare so at his things, without the ability to use them, was theft, yet she was in his tower by command from the Lady Lucia. Was the temple of Maklail planning on stealing from him and this young, very active and attractive girl sent as their spy?

Silently, he willed the door to his room open, as the priestess approached, just as it had when they had first entered the chamber. Smiling like a hunting wolf, he closed the door with a thought, as she walked back inside. Two candles burst into dancing blue flame, making a pool of light around her naked body but leaving the rest of the bed chamber black as tar.

"Out for a stroll" mused the wizard, from the dark, "Did I not work your body enough?"
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gezzygezzy on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:37 pm

When the servant came back, he ushered them down a hall and her face paled about three shades lighter than it already was if that was even possible. Stopping at a room the boy did a little gesture that meant we could go in. With a firm grasp on her, her teacher pretty much dragged her inside. Although it was stupid, she gave a little plea of help to the boy from a stare. Anything to get her out of this room would be nice.
'Well you could start a fire.'
Not again. He was back and suggesting she start a fire on purpose in the council. Yes that would sit quite well with them.
'Fine, I'll think of something else. Something less, obvious.'
Thank you, at least she persuaded him. Sitting down in a chair she faced a wrinkly faced man who seemed to have just started to bald because patches of hair were missing all over his head. He only glanced at her then started talking to her teacher just like she wasn't there.
"So you pupil seems to have magic problems." he said.
"That's right. Not once has she gotten close to pasing the test."
She had too! Well, sort of.
"But the reason is special?" said the old man.
"That's right. She seems to, well, over-do it instead of be unable to do it."
The old man looked at her when he said that and she gave him a shy smile.
'Oh, I know! Say you have to use the bathroom!'
Yeah, then she would only have to look like a disrespectful girl who can't control her magic. That would be wonderful. But when the old man just kept staring at her she couldn't take it. Getting up and almost knocking her chair down she said,
"I have to use the restroom."
Then ran out.

When she got out Luna realized it might have been smarter to ask where it was. The boy had disappeared and she decided to walk around. The place was beautiful really. When she saw a shadow coming from another corrior she went into a dent in the wall and behind the vase in it. Two men passed talking about something, but she heard one word,
"Netharzeem"
The voices tone got serious and said
'Follow them.'
She wanted to anyways so she did as told.

It was hard enough to hear them because they were whispering but the fact that she was sneaking behind them made it no easier then she had an idea. Using a spell one of her eavesdropping friends told her about she heard them a little better by making their voice travel faster in the wind so it wouldn't fade as much. She managed to cacth a whole sentence.
"We must destroy the items to prevent it."
Prevent what?
'Prevent his return.'
The voice said.
'Would you stop thinking that I am merely a voice? Think of me as Jest. Anyways, they want to destroy the artifacts that can bring him back. They are ancient and located in variouses places. It breaks my heart to think they will get rid of them but-'
"They shouldn't!" she said aloud.
"Why don't they just find them and hide them? I mean, if they can't be found then they can't be used."
That was about when they found her. Just as they turned around to see her she took off running. Why would they destroy them? She would find them and hide them if it was up to her. Finding the exit she heard yelling behind her,
"She's a spy! Stop her!"
A spy? So that's why she was being chased. A few guards stepped in front of the doors but some sort of instinct came over her and she slid on the ground beneath one of their feet then continued running.
"What just happened Jest?" she said.
'I helped, that's what happened. So where are we going now?'
She didn't know but after thinking it clicked, there was only one thing to do.
"We're going to find the artifacts." she said.
The run made her weary and she doubted she could run any more when she finally lost them. So she was going to find the artifacts, but where were they?
"I might be able to help with that."
Said Jest.
And we're all just a little insane...

gezzygezzy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Terryn

Terryn clung tightly to Mearas, hanging on as the horse bolted down the crowded streets, narrowly avoiding trampling the innocent people in his path. Terryn wanted to win the race, there was no doubt of that. But Mearas wanted it more. The horse was charging and weaving through the streets with all the speed and skill it possessed. Which, if you'd ridden Mearas, you'd know was a lot. But alas, it was in vain. A valiant effort from the noble steed, but Jozan knew these streets better. Terryn saw him emerging up ahead, stick in hand, enthusiastically 'encouraging' his horse to greater efforts. The gates were close, nearly 100 metres away.

Mearas didn't need any encouraging. Seeing his opponent ahead of him, Mearas put on one final burst of speed. It was close. So very close. Mearas passed Jozan's steed, but only after they had both charged through the gates, guards flinging themselves out of the way.

"Hahaha, I haven't had a good race in far too long! It's a good steed you have there, to have kept up with Mearas so well! If the rest of our journey would be at such a pace, we could reach Snowieview two nights from now!" Terryn pulled alongside Jozan, clasping the man's hand in a firm handshake. "Congratulations to the winner. It's a good thing I didn't ask for a bet on our race!"

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:25 am

Vloria
The city of Snowieview on the edge of the Snowsilver Moor, the eastern quarter, the Aunriel Republic.
Freycrest Tower

The door opened for Vloria as she approached the wizard’s bedchambers. There was no reaction from the priestess as she entered the room. The doors had opened on their own when they entered the room at the beginning of the evening, why would it startle her now? Their closing and the sudden blue candle flames on the other hand did draw a small gasp from the woman. So the wizard was awake and aware that she had left the room.

Vloria’s eyes searched the dark for Alexander. She was bathed in blue light but the rest of the room was very dark. So he meant to scare her. The corner of Vloria’s mouth twitched at the amusing thought. After what he had just put her through in worship to her goddess did he really think a little light would scare her?
Vloria’s eyes narrowed and she dropped her cloak at her feet. His question amused her. “My lord wizard, if I said no, would you promise to do more?” Vloria's voice was husky and full of potential as she posed her question back to the man.

Vloria moved into the darkness, out of the pool of blue light. Her hands sought the bed as her eyes struggled to adjust to the change in light. There, his form in the bed, lounging as he studied her movements. Her eyes studied him. There was no outward sign of anger but men like Alexander were cunning and many times their thoughts would not show on their face.

Vloria crawled up the bed to the wizard. “I went to retrieve my cloak but some of your things caught my attention. You have many strange and unusual items, Alexander.“ Vloria laid her body out across his lap, languishing like a cat. The swell of her chest rose and fell steadily, while her mind worked through the best way to approach the arrogant wizard about the spell.

One hand played along his chest, “You have a parchment, half of what I imgaine is a spell." Vloria's head tilted, "What do you know of the god Netharzeem, Alexander?” Vloria’s eyes looked at his. If she could figure out what he knew of the god, the spell and the portal it would tell her the best way to go about explaining her plan to open the portal and release Netharzeem to the world again.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:57 am

Jozan von Carstein

“Seems my good ol’ horse still has some youth in her!” Jozan said proudly as he padded his horse by the side. “I hope you’re ready for some rough days ahead.”

Jozan’s back ached, and has he leaned backwards he could feel his muscles get stretches and bones snapped back into place. “Ah, that feels better.”
They had been on the road for almost three days on the road, sleeping in ditches and waking up an hour before the sun rose. The work of mercenaries never was my liking, Jozan thought as shook his head to wake up. Had they brought his servants, it wouldn’t be building shelters against the rain, nor would they worry about food being cooked and

Jozan snapped out of inner complaining as he realized that they were passing through Thorongeir’s pass. Time passed by as they moved deeper and deeper into the pass, the sound of birds slowly died off and the path they followed became more and more narrow, “It’s no wonder that I was advised against to move through here
Such a God-forsaken place, I doubt anyone would bother living here,” Jozan said, breaking the tense silence.

They made a turn and saw a tree which had fallen down, blocking the path. “Typical
It’s a sign of Lunian, lets turn around and -” a spear flew through the air, barely centimeters from Jozan’s face.
Startled, Jozan lost his balance and fell down hard from his horse, rolling about to avoid the hooves of his own horse. A dozen ugly-faced creatures appeared from the sides, running at them with primitive clubs and spears, howling and whooping as their dark green-gray skin made them almost blend in with the forest floor.
“Trolls!” Jozan called as he leapt for his horse, trying to get hold of his mace.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:07 am

Terryn

Terryn had ridden alongside Jozan in silence, his eyes sharp and alert but his mind drifting. His mind was on other things, other places, other... people. But seeing the tree block their path snapped his mind back to reality. Jozan mentioned something about it being a sign of Lunian, but Terryn wasn't paying attention. He narrowed his eyes, scanning the base of the fallen tree. It wasn't an old tree, so whatever felled it would leave it's mark where it was split. The cut was far too clean for it to be something natural. The tree hadn't been ripped or torn, as if it were the fault of high wind, age, or falling boulders, and it certainly wasn't due to lightning. No, something - or someone - had felled it. But such skills of observation were unneeded here. The spear that went whizzing past Jozan made it all loud and clear.

"Trolls!" Jozan called, as Terryn rolled out of the saddle. He landed in a crouch, fluidly stepping forward and spinning his blades from their sheaths out into a deadly blur of steel, all in one well-versed motion. The trolls barrelled down the hill at him, each being content to be the first to rip into their prey. One of them drew into the lead, clearly the fastest. How unfortunate for him. The deadly whirl of Terryn's twin blades, spinning around him as he strode forward, made it so that the troll had no way of gauging their length. A sudden blur of steel and wet chunks of troll flesh went flying, leaving the forerunner with only half a neck and giving his companions a clear impression of how long the blades were.

Trolls were simple creatures. Brute strength and no finesse. Their attacks were obvious, always going straight for Terryn in the most predictable way. Before the first troll had hit the ground, Terryn had already stepped past him, cutting down one of the many others. He blocked a spear aimed at his shoulders, whipping the other blade to viciously dig into the attackers gut. A second later and he was already gone, spinning around another thrusting spear to bring the twin blades crashing down on troll skull.

The four trolls dropped, and the other paused. They held enough animalistic cunning to re-evaluate this foe. They began to spread around Terryn, attempting to overwhelm him from all sides. One had the bright idea of going for the horse instead, but a powerful hoof caved in his skull, dashing the idea into the ground.

This needed to be ended quick. He was sure he and Jozan could take all of them easily enough, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that they might make enough noise to wake up what actually worried Terryn about this pass, and they were making a lot of noise. The trolls were getting ready to attack. Terryn could see them tensing, waiting for a signal. He spared a quick glance towards Jozan to make sure he was doing all right. Not like the trolls could see his eyes anyway. Looking back at the troll pack, it didn't take too long for Terryn to figure out which one they all kept glancing at. The creature snarled. The pack attacked.

Terryn flung his two swords outwards, flames bursting along their length as they spun into the trolls at his side. He lunged at the leader, grabbing his spear mid thrust and slamming his helmet into the leaders face. The brute staggered, dazed for a moment, and Terryn whipped the spear out of his grip, up into his throat. The leader fell backwards, chocking on his own spear, and Terryn held his hands out to his swords. They ripped themselves out of the troll bodies they had been buried in, and flew into his hands. The fire along them intensified, bursting aggressively towards the other trolls, daring them to attack. Faster than they had ever moved before, the trolls turned and fled. Screams echoed up the side of the canyon, and Terryn watched as the trolls Jozan had remaining followed their brothers.

Terryn relaxed as the trolls left, the tension gone from his limbs. Blood flowed slickly from his blades and armour, and within seconds they were as pristine as ever. Fully aware Jozan would be disapproving of his use of magic, Terryn extended an arm towards the tree blocking their path, fingers clenched in a fist. It took a second or two to build up the magical force required, then he flung his hand open. The tree suddenly began tearing apart at the center, twisting and pulling until it had snapped in two, leaving a fairly wide gap in the middle.

"I know you don't like me doing that Jozan, but sometimes you've got to bend the rules a bit to get the job do-" Terryn halted. He held up a finger towards Jozan, to silence him to. The screaming and hollering had stopped. In fact, the pass was completely silent, no noise whatsoever. Even the wind had decided to die down. Realization dawned. It knew they were there. "Jozan," Terryn called softly. "We're going to get on our horses now. Slowly and calmly. When you get on your horse, ride. Ride like hell. Don't stop for anything. Ignore whatever sounds you hear. You're going to want to turn around. It'll feel like it's right behind you, and you'll want to pull away. Don't. You're horse is going to go wild with fear. Just keep him going straight, and he'll go plenty fast enough. Whatever you do though - don't look at it."

Casually, Terryn pulled himself slowly up onto Mearas, patting the horses neck as if nothing was going on. He gave Jozan time to get on his horse too. He could only pray the man did as he said. He would keep level with him, but if Jozan turned he would be lost, and Terryn would have to ride on. Taking a deep, steadying breath, he allowed himself but a moment of mental preperation. "NOW!!!" A great shriek echoed out across the canyon as the two horses bolted forward, and the sound of things no sane man could comprehend was soon right behind them.

Aftershock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Alexander

The city of Snowieview on the edge of the Snowsilver Moor, the eastern quarter, the Aunriel Republic, that night.

Alexander almost brought the green flames, he had used on the priestess earlier that night, to his finger tips again, when she asked if he would do more to her. Almost. He wanted to know why she had just gone right to the scrap of spell and not looked at any of the other objects, which should have drawn her interest. He could have understood it, she had been an apprentice, it was the most interesting magical item to a wizard but it shouldn't have been for someone like her. he couldn't hep but smile a little, however, when the attractive and still naked woman slide on to his lap, her fingers trailing over his chest.

The wizard's mind however, raced within the seconds between when Vloria finished her question and he answered her. He had never been much interested in religion in the first place and had really been put off it, after getting chased by a mob, headed by a priest. Now there were a few cults he enjoyed, like the one she was a member in but what in the nine hells did a god have to do with his scrap of spell? Magic users were in tune with the very energies of universal creation, where gods granted divine favors to their followers and the two schools of supernatural power, rarely crossed. So why did she mention his spell and then just to a god and not the goddess she served? The brow over one violet eye arched slightly, as he looked down into her eyes and spoke.

"I have read the name before" answered Alexander, carefully, as one of his long fingered hands trailed along the priestess's thighs, tiny arches of energy jumping between their skin, "Not much more then passing references. Never could find out what the god's area of control was but I never but much effort into finding out more."

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:49 am

Vloria raised an eyebrow as she watched him smile and answer her question. She gasped lightly in enjoyment as he played along her thigh with the small shocks. The blue arcs danced along her skin, making her smile.

Alexander knew of the god in name only, he had no indepth idea of the god. This was good. She could explain it to him, use it to her advantage. So many had forgotten about the coaliton so long ago. Her goddess kept the history in the forefront of all her followers minds.

Her voice was soft purr as Alexander’s fingers finished their trail along her flesh. “Netharzeem was a powerful god. He managed to get the darker Gods and Goddesses to work together. Imagine the power he had to accomplish such a feat.” Vloria moved closer to Alexander, tempting him to play more as she spoke.

“These gods and goddesses conquered so much. The only thing that stopped them was the foolishness of a mere slave. He taunted his god for not being the most powerful and this god in his stupidity tore apart what had been forged.” Vloria’s lip curled in disgust. “So much power gone to waste. In his folly, those that were enslaved fought back, striking at Netharzeem.”

Vloria looked up at Alexander. “They trapped Netharzeem. He could not be destroyed, his power was so great.“ Her finger played along his bare chest, “You see my lord wizard, my goddess wishes for that time again. We, her priestesses, have for generations tried to make that happen for her. If we can free Netharzeem then power like no other will be available to her and those that join Netharzeem. She longs for a time when the screams of pain for those undeserving souls filled the air.”

Cunning eyes looked up at his violet ones, “Alexander, you have part of the spell that is needed to free Netharzeem. Beyond that, I believe my lord wizard that you, with your power could be capable above all others of opening that portal.” Vloria licked her lips as she kept her gaze steady with his. “There is much to do to release him again but the power that will flow is well worth any risk. What say you my lord wizard? Would you wield your power to release this god on the world again? For a chance to watch those weaker than you bow before you?”

Vloria paused. She could continue to play at his ego but for now she hoped that it would be enough to peak his interest.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:21 pm

"So you do not know what it is," Aedan stated. His tone held no note of accusation, merely a statement of face. He stroked his unshaven chin in thought. Did it have to do with the relations between the Lunian Empire and the Aunriel Republic? No. Both sides would suffer from a renewed conflict at this point in time, or so his sources told him. It was something supernatural at work, perhaps dark or chaotic. His thoughts instantly went to one person.

"Have you heard from your brother, lately. I would not put it past him to upset the Balance for his own gain. He cares nothing for it or the people that would be affected by his actions," he stated, "I know he is your brother, but this is true."

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:47 am

Drax

“Damnations!” Drax cursed as he dodged yet another arrow which nearly inserted itself into his skull. He had followed the path of the Kresh Shamn, he had found the Temple where the portal was, but he had never once been informed about the guardians that lived there and how skilled warriors they were.

Drax darted over stones, slid under broken pillars and climbed up the wooden ladders. He was an experienced acrobat, and now it served him well to avoid the deadly guardians that were after him. Okay, Drax thought, catching his breath, They’ve forced me away from the portal, however the spell to open it is a simple one. Easy to open, but it will take time to find the correct world
I need time for preparations.

Drax whistled loudly, catching the guardians’ attention and then ran further away from the portal, the guards right at his heels. It was exactly what he wanted. Feinting a turn, Drax managed to slip away from the guards and then he sneaked around them and back to the portal chamber.

Getting out a small book with basic spells, Drax found the spell needed and began saying the arcanic words. He could sense the power flowing through him as he channeled the power through his body and into the portal; it was never an alien experience as he had done this thousands of time, and he had perfected the ritual and had cut it down by several precious seconds.
The guards had returned just as the portal flickered open with life, switch from world to world until it would get to Drax’s destination. A process that could take seconds or hours! Drax gritted his teeth, he hadn’t come this far only to be slain right before his goal.

Finally the portal stopped switching and Drax threw himself through the opening, the weapon of one of the guardians, cutting into his arm as he did so.

Reality cracked for a bit, at first it appeared nothing more than a small spark, but it quickly evolved to a hole between worlds. Lighting shot out as the energies fought with each other and an unknown wind blasted books and paper around, then Drax came crashing through the hole, his arm bleeding by the inflicted wound. He crashed onto a table with ancient texts and books, his momentum and weight breaking one of the table’s legs. Bewildered for what happened, it took Drax a moment to realize where he was and that he wasn’t alone.

He looked at two humans before him. One appeared to be a male wizard while the female was hard to identify. “I come in peace,” Drax said uncertainly, as if he feared more that they’d attack him than start wondering how and why he just appeared out from a different world.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Alexander

Vloria was very very good. She was pushing all of the right buttons to make him interested, agreeable and willing to listen to any suggestion she might want to plant in his mind. Well she would have been, if he were but an ordinary man of the age he appeared but he was a wizard, an experienced and talented one, who was used to dealing with other wizards, often using the similar tactics but with magical reinforcements. Now she did have an advantage, seeing as she had spent the evening entertaining him and indulging his desires, as well as being a very attractive, naked woman pressed against him and begging with her body to taste more of his vast magical powers. However, he did made a point of never entering into packs, bargains or deals, unless he was dressed and thinking with only one head.

The story about the rise and fall of Netharzeem, didn't hold his attention that much. The master of Freycrest tower was more focused on slowly bring his finger tips over her backside and then up the priestess's spine, all the while randomly colored arcs of energy jumped from his skin to hers, each one causing a different reaction. Some caused the pleasure centers in her body to light up, some for pain and some to temporarily increase her sense of touch.

What really interested him, she had saved for last. So the scrap of parchment he had retrieved from his brother, was part of a spell, which could green an imprisoned god, was it? Well no wonder it had been broken up. Wasn't that the was of those "do gooder" tricks from a bard's story, in the hopes of keeping the spell from ever being used? The wizard couldn't help but wonder where the other half might be found, tucked away in the nook of some crumbling ruin, stored in another wizard's personal collection or hidden in some vast library, the aura of the magic stored in his half, while it acted as a key to the magic? And in what form might this power she spoke of come in? Armies to weld or maybe something more pure, something to increase his own magical ability?

Running his finger tips up the back of Vloria's neck, he drew in a breath, to hint that he was interested and maybe willing to considered her offer but that was business for the morning, when he suddenly stiffened. Fractions of a second before anything happened, he felt it, the shifting and disturbance of the energies of the cosmos. Now it wasn't an unusual feeling in a city, within a nation of wizards but it was so close, like someone was casting a summoning spell for a creature from another plane, right outside his bedroom door. Reality cracked near the far wall of the room, energy and wild whipped through the room and suddenly as the the portal opened, there was a figure tumbling through it, crashing into a table, scattering priceless scrolls. Candles and lamps burst flared to light, bathing the bedroom with light, as the wicks burned with the wizard's mental instructions, revealing a human-like person, claiming to come in peace.

"And I think you'll be leaving in pieces" said Alexander, sitting up in bed and pointing a long finger at the intruder. A harsh arcane word passed his lips, as a bright red burst of energy shot towards the intruder.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Vloria's lips turned up in a seductive smile as the wizard played along her skin. He seemed at least interested in what she had to say. Perhaps it would take a bit more coaxing, more enticement of her company but Vloria was sure she could get his help.

At this very moment he seemed more interested in playing with her body and while she had no objection to the teasing she was trying to gage his interest. The magic that he was releasing as Alexander's fingers played up her spine sent so much sensation through her body that it was making it difficult for Vloria to stay focused.

A soft noise passed over her lips, "My lord wiz..." That was as far as Vloria got with her next statement when there was noise behind her and Alexander was suddenly paying attention to something else.

A voice behind her claiming to come in peace, Alexander's sitting up and the magic Alexander released made her lay flat against his legs. Vloria's mind raced as she considered her options. Reaching out, Vloria grabbed the blanket at her right and pulled herself off of Alexander's lap. Her goal was the edge of the bed. Her bare body slid off of the wizard's lap and once free of him, Vloria rolled off the side of the bed to floor.

There she crouched taking in the intruder in the room and the result of the magic. Vloria knew she couldn't cross the room as she would get caught in the middle of whatever magic Alexander launched. There wasn't much in the way of weapons in the room. Scrolls, spell books, and items. Vloria spotted her corset on the floor where he had left her clothes.

Crawling, Vloria moved quickly to grab the garment and freed the dagger from it's hidden sheath. Moving back to the safety of the bed, feeling better that she was now armed, Vloria waited to see how this would play out.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:20 am

Drax

Drax rolled across the floor as the spell was unleashed, splinters flew in all directions, some even burying themselves into Drax's neck as he rolled. He got up and dashed for what might have passed for cover behind a mixture of a study desc, "Wait, wait!" Drax cried, his left hand going for his purse, "I can make you rich, powerful even, just spare me and I'll share my secret with you."

With a hand outstretched in defense and the other pulling out a necklace of a green metal with rare stones, originally he had thought of selling it in exchange for enough mercenaries to fight his way towards Netharzeem's portal, however if he'd have to spend a few years to gather such trinkets. "My master, Netharzeem, always upholds his promises. Let me go, and you'll be rich, help me and I'll see you rewarded."

Drax could feel the tension rise. It didn't take an expert to see that the powerful wizard was upset, or even that the cornered woman was more than ready to cut Drax into pieces, so when muscle and wits failed, silver words and good promises usually worked. Usually, but not always.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Wood flew everywhere and Vloria took cover. This was turning very messy and chaotic very quickly. The unknown person promised Alexander power and riches. Vloria's eyes tried to adjust to the light, attempting to make out the figure who was speaking. A hand held out a necklace, that much she could see, the stones shining slightly.

And then the intruder said his master would uphold his promises. His master Netharzeem. Vloria dropped her dagger. Netharzeem. "Wait!" The naked woman scrambled back onto the bed. "Wait, hear him out. Just wait..." Vloria reached out for Alexander. "My lord wizard, he might know something about your scroll." Vloria's lips were close to Alexander's ear as the wizard readied another attack.

Her eyes looked over to the figure crouched under the cover of a desk. If he knew something that could help with the portal than they needed him alive.

She draped herself lightly on Alexander, "Consider Alexander that he may hold information that would allow us to release Netharzeem and you could ask for anything in return. He promises riches and power...perhaps we hear what he might say. He is in your tower, your home and surrounded by your power. What harm could he do you you my lord?" Her voice was a soft purr in his ear.

"And if he proves to be a liar or of no use you can make him squirm for your amusement." A slight edge of cruelty tinged her voice now. She did enjoy giving pain as much as recieving, if this intruder offered nothing she wouldn't mind hearing him scream for interrupting their evening.
Last edited by SkullsandSlippers on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Alexander

Alexander sneered as the intruder held out a necklace, it was covered in fine stones and off a metal he had never seen before but did the man (well manish thing) really think he could bribe his was out of this? The fool had not only broken into his tower buy means of a portal and not just into the tower but into his very bed room. Now that was bad enough and would have worked the man into a killing rage (he had in fact killed other lesser beings for merely disturbing him) but the intruder had chosen one of the worst times to do so. He had be about to start the night second round of entertainments with the priestess.

The wizard had already tuned out the fool's babbling for mercy. His lips moved with the words, to summon a spread of fiery darts from his fingers. His visitor wouldn't escape his magical punishment this time, when there was movement to his right and then behind him. Vloria's voice filled his ear, as she slipped around behind him, her arms around his chest and her chest pressed against his shoulders. The touch was light but it was just enough that he could feel her moving, each time she look a breath or whispered. She wanted him to wait. Apparently, the intruder had said something Netharzeem and he might be able to help.

The release of the dark god was not his goal but she had provided him with the most fun night, he had in a long time. Plus that soft purr of hers, was correct, the intruder was within his tower and did not appear to have any defense against his magical might. Maybe he could humor her, just this once and she'd help him release the rage with had built up in his blood stream, once they had dealt with him. Frowning with distaste, the wizard released the power he had latch on to but he smiled, at the cruel suggestion she added on at the end.

"well stranger" said Alexander, his voice filled with arrogance, as he reached back to gently stroke Vloria's jaw with a long finger "You have been given a reprieve....for the moment, by this lovely priestess of Maklail. I would suggest, should you survive, you allow her to show you how to give a few prayers of thanks to her goddess. Speak and explain why you might be of use to her."
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Drax

Drax’s eyes shifted from the powerful wizard to the female on the bed. He felt relieved that the mage didn’t attack him anymore, yet at the same time, he had learned that those who could influence the powerful were to be respected more. He bowed to Vloria, “Your merciful grace,” he said, indirectly getting ready to beg for his life. “My name is Drax, I’m a Etherion. My race submitted themselves to Netharzeem’s glorious campaign when he arrived and we were rewarded with unaging life in exchange for our loyalty and our services. Before his imprisonment, I borrowed a compass to guide me to find his freedom.”

Drax slowly drew out the simple compass which, despite the laws of physics, continued to point East, not north. “I’ve traveled from world to world, searching for this one,. It is
Unique in it’s location, though this is not the real reason as for why you should let me go. Netharzeem didn’t obtain his powers through brute force and threats alone, he was also respected, even loved, by others. That was because he upheld his deals and promises. Immortal, or mortal.” Drax said.

“Granting unaging is but the simplest matter for my master, so imagine what else he can give you,” Drax said temptingly.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Vloria
The city of Snowieview on the edge of the Snowsilver Moor, the eastern quarter, the Aunriel Republic.
Freycrest Tower

Vloria held still as Alexander caressed her jaw and addressed the stranger. Her body was still pressed against Alexander's back as Drax, as he introduced himself, told her that his race served Netharzeem. She held in her exitement as he produced an odd device.

Vloria needed to play this right. Alexander had not bought in fully to what she had told him. She knew it was going to take more to convince the arrogant wizard to help her. Drax's untimely arrival had put an end to her seductive words. Now, if she did not gauge this correctly there would be no stopping Alexander from killing the intruder.

Vloria slipped away from Alexander, rolling just to his side. She tilted her head to one side and looked at Drax. Her laugh was throaty, "You do not understand what you have fallen into. You cannot tempt a wizard as powerful as he with talk of immortality. A man of his ability has no use for trinkets. He holds half of the spell that could release Netharzeem and he has the power needed to release him." Her hand trailed lightly along Alexander's arm.

She stared at Drax hoping he would understand, "You see, I was just explaining to my lord wizard that Netharzeem's release would bring about a glorious time for many of the dieties but more importantly for those that help to release him."

Vloria tapped her lip with a finger, as if thinking. She was quiet for a few moments before she smiled, "Drax. What you offer is so very tempting to one such as myself but to a master like Alexander it means very little. Perhaps...you could help us find the other half of the spell, for it truly is a spell that only a man such as Alexander could wield."

Vloria, rested her head on Alexander's shoulder, "What say you my lord wizard. If Drax were to help us locate the other half of the spell for you, would you spare him for interrupting our evening?" Eyes looked up at Alexander and her voice it's soft purr again, "I wish for you to be given what you deserve Alexander...that spell is part of the key to a great deal of power."

Vloria waited on baited breath for what either man might say.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!