The Shadow Follows IC

Topic Tags:

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Shadow Follows IC

Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:42 pm

(Wow, wasps now? What'll be next, seriously! You've had like everything! hah...)
If you can't read this, you probably need glasses!!!
Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 5 years

Postby ViceVersus on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Kale dragged himself to his feet, shuddering both from the explosive force which Mal had entered his mind, but from the control The Ever Malevolent had taken.

The teacher was standing outside of the classroom now. She was new and didn't recognize him. Her mouth was wide open and she didn't know what to do.

"Sorry..." Kale bent over to pick up his yearbook.

"Are you alright?" The teacher seemed confused, "Who are--do you need to go to the sick room?"

"I think..."

Mal surged again, and the words burst from Kale's mouth.

"That would be nice, thanks."

Still a bit unsure of what was going on, the teacher helped guide Kale back to the office. Mrs. Brown stood up at once when the duo entered. Kale was a little busy fuming, trying to understand what had happened.

"Mal, what the hell?" He muttered softly under his breath.

"Kale! What happened to you?" Mrs. Brown took the young man under her wing, and waved the teacher away. The tall wiry lady swept out of the office and back to her classroom, shaking her head.

"I honestly have no idea." Kale said. He felt a bit cold, though, but he had a feeling it wasn't from the temperature of the room.

The room to the sick bay opened and Kale recognized a few of the students that had been a year or two behind him. Mrs. Brown sat Kale down on the cot next to one of the younger ones, a kid named Taro, "Kale...Kale look at me."

Mal wanted to bring Kale's gaze to the other kids, but Kale resisted. He was achy, trembling, and his head wouldn't stop hurting.

The other children didn't seem to be in Kale's state. Mrs. Brown looked at them all with deep concern in her eyes.

Mal shifted again.

"What he hell is going ON?" Kale bent over and buried his head in his hands.

"LOOK AT HIM!" Mal gripped Kale's neck and could have twisted it in a second, "LOOK AT THAT SNOT. FACED. KID!"

Grunting, Kale turned his head and stared into Taro's eyes.

The boy had a shadow, too. Kale could see it plain as day. But it was a darker shadow, one that bore traces that Kale found chillingly familiar...

"That's the boy of the shadow who came by you earlier..." Mal hissed.
ViceVersus
Scholar and Designer
Member for 7 years

Postby Melodic Salvation on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Lillia, still a bit groggy, looked around and saw the skeleton, "Damnit AGAIN?!". Lillia looked at Rise, "What is going on?!". She rubbed her eyes and stepped back.
Rise looked over at the creature, then down at Lillia, "Just trust me. And for heavens sake, when I say don't do something don't do it!". Rise glared at the skeleton being, "I thought you gave us your master's message, why do you need us again?"
Flying over Lillia, Rise prepared for the worst.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melodic Salvation
Member for 5 years

Postby Digimonrule45 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Jodi-She went home after a while in the park and went to lay in her bed when a demon pop out of nowhere."Moon help

Moon-Am on it demon what are you doing here leave wore be killed

Demon:I think i'll stay

Moon-Ok *pull's out her sword*

Demon:Ha ya right *start's slashing at moon

Moon-Cut's the demon in half easy

(Sorry have alot going on right now ill try and post if i can)
ImageImageImageImageImage
CLICK CLICK CLICK D8
Digimonrule45
Member for 5 years

Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:57 pm

Skeleton

"What?" said the skeleton in a normal voice. "Rise, it's me! Valor!" he said.

Taro

He noticed Kale looking at him, but continued to look at the tissue box. 'What's that kid staring at?' he asked himself and looked at Kale again, not moving his head. "What?" he asked Kale still holding the tissue box. "Can I help you with something?" he asked.

Edagener

"It's all fun in games," he began while tossing a gold coin up and down, "until someone has to die." he said then grabbed the coin and smiled greatly. "Then it's even more interesting!"
Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 5 years

Postby ViceVersus on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:02 pm

Mal threw himself from Kale's mind with a parting whisper.

"Do not mention me."

Kale shuddered. His brain couldn't handle that anymore.

"No, sorry Taro." Kale grunted, "I just haven't seen you in a year or so. Anyways, we're both in the sick room. What's up? Are you ok?"

Mal flew above and beyond until he found the Skeleton. He lurked in the back of the creature's presence.

"What is that fool having you do?" The Ever Malevolent demanded.
ViceVersus
Scholar and Designer
Member for 7 years

Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Taro

"No, I'm not sick. I just don't feel good, that's all." he said and continued reading the tissue box. 'I just want the night to come.' he thought to himself.

Edagener

"I just want the night to come." thought Taro.
"Hah... It will soon, Taro. It will soon..." he said looking down at the hole watching Taro. The land wsa bright because of the mysterious Rift in the Darkness that won't close. "Maybe I should pay the Angelics a visit?" he said to himself, then decided better of it, and laughed.
Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 5 years

Postby Melodic Salvation on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 pm

"Valor...." Rise whispered to herself. Lillia, even more confused, looked up at Rise, "Who's Valor, Rise?". Rise was in a daze, she looked down at Lillia and said nothing.
She looked up at the creature, "You can't fool me, you aren't Valor....you can't be, you just can't!" She swiped her hand threw the air and a giant blade hurled it's way toward the being. Memories flung it's way into Rise's mind, giving her the need to land.
What an awful trick, an awful, awful trick.... Rise thought to herself, It HAS to be trick....it can't be Valor, he was destroyed...and it was all my fault. I saw it happen, right before me. I was too weak, I couldn't save him, but oh how I tried, I tried..... Rise couldn't look up, she couldn't face the being who knew so much about her past. She couldn't let Lillia die too, she had to protect her to the very end, she couldn't let her down, that's why she stayed standing.
She stood in front of Lillia, her mind spinning with images from the past, things she'd repressed for so long. She didn't know how the being knew about Valor, or if this was some kind of trick, in fact, she didn't know why this was happening in the first place. But whoever this Edagener guy was, she knew she hated him.

Lillia quivered as she Rise fall to the ground. She had so many questions, yet she hesitated to ask and simply watched in confusion. Rise was her only protection from this being, she wanted to call out to her, to pull her out of what ever was attacking her mindset. Taking a step forward she neared Rise, then stopped and remembered she needed to keep her distance, in case the being attempted to attack her as well.

(I hope I got the gist of what you meant by Valor, I wasn't sure what my cue was for that ^-^)
Melodic Salvation
Member for 5 years

Postby ViceVersus on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Charros swept through the Angelic realm, chewing on his knuckles in agitation.

No one had heard from The Ever Malevolent in the past few days. Where could he be? As Mal's Handler, the Demonic was supposed to report back every once in a while and let him know what was going on. Charros paced the Gardens of Promise, feeling worry seep through his--

There was a great tearing and Mal vaulted through the nothing. Suddenly there in the midst of the Angelic realm, Charros nearly went for his sword but saw who it was at the last second.

"Protect Rise, your weakest!" Mal growled. The light was prickling at his skin; Charros waved his hand and Mal found he had the strength to stand, "Charros, if you do not act all is lost. Edagener is rash, he has acted without consulting us. Move quickly or you will lose her!"

Mal wasn't strong enough to stand in the Angelic Realm without an invite like Dagger was. The Ever Malevolent gritted his teeth and tried to stay against the light but found his hold slipping.

"I must go back. Send your help to Rise or you will lose everything!" Mal grunted. He finally relinquished his hold and slipped back into the netherverse.

Charros acted at once. He strode powerfully to the side of the courtyard and raised a hand.

"Rise, can you hear me?"
ViceVersus
Scholar and Designer
Member for 7 years

Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:33 pm

Valor

"Rise... It's me! I'm still existant!" he said and pulled off a white jewel from his shoulder. His form changed into a white silhouette of a human. "I've changed a lot, Rise." he said bowing to her. "There's no need to fear Lillia, I'm one or Rise's old friend." he said.
Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 5 years

Postby Fatalfrost on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:36 pm

(Ok wasps are now gone)

Frost

He couldn't believe what he had just seen. His shadow, Fuyu, had come to life in the real world, not as a spirit, but as a tangible being. And I can control him? He thought to himself.
Yes Frost you can control me. But I can't stay out like that forever there are limits, even for one of my strength. Fuyu whispered in his mind.
Walking down the hall out of the school Frost decided to head home because anywhere seemed to be safer than the school was now.
Yugioh World Championship 2011:Over the Nexus Friend Code

5144-5273-5585

Fatalfrost
Member for 5 years

Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:42 pm

Myou let's just go home...the school isn't safe for you at the moment Froid said sadly to Myou as she walked next to her.

History was almost over once the bell rang Myou got up and left the school Myou sighed "okay Froid I'll do so...just because you tell me to okay...mmmm maybe I can finish my outfit since I'm going home already" Myou said happily again and jump and down and walked happily to her home,which had no one there since she lived alone.
Noble Born in Chaos
~Please join! Two spots currently free. We need Amerigo before we can start.~
AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 5 years

Postby Melodic Salvation on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Rise's lip quivered as she saw the image of Valor appear before her. She stepped back in disbelief. Tears began in her eyes, "But you can't be....all this, this can't...it just..." she struggled to make a coherent sentence. She held out her hand and pushed him back. Images of past mistakes, of everything she had done wrong to cause such a fate of someone so close to her, flashed through her mind. She gasped for breath, the figure seeming so real, so picturesque. She backed up more, only a few paces from Lillia now.
A voice called to her, "Rise, can you hear me?"
"Charros?" she called out, "C-Charros? Please help...I'm trying, I'm just not strong enough..."
Her blood ran cold, What if this is another trick....what if I just lured myself into another mind trap like the one I'm in now? She shuttered and looked around frantically. Oh please be real this time....

Lillia gasped as the skeleton now took the form of a human. This all seemed so surreal to her, she needed Rise to tell her what was going on, to help her understand. The man told her not to be afraid, was she to believe this? She starred at Rise, hoping for one shred of confidence, one word of comfort to tell her the situation was under control. But it wasn't. Lillia heard Rise's voice crack and step back towards her. She tried to reach out when Rise started calling out to someone, but there was no one else there. Rise looked around frantically, this caused Lillia to panic. The full severity of the situation hit her.
Melodic Salvation
Member for 5 years

Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Valor

"It's ok Rise!" He said trying to calm her down, but it was usless. He looked around for something that might help, but he could not touch anything physically, he was just in a spiritual form. "You didn't kill me, Rise." he said.

Taro

A girl walked out from around the corner and walked out of the room. The boy next to Taro got up and went around the corner. 'That's where the nurse is.' he said to himself. As soon as the boy rounded the corner, Taro set the tissue box down and turned to Kale. "Sorry about earlier. That was rude of me." He said and put out his arm to shake hands. "I'm Taro Ritsue." he said with a smile on his face.
Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 5 years

Postby ViceVersus on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:38 am

"I know who you are, a few of my buddies used to give you trouble in middle school." Kale shook the hand and his head began to throb again. Mal was still out there, it was horribly unfair that his head would hurt with the shadow in, and with the shadow out.

Kale rose to his feet, threw a shifty glance to the door and then began to rifle through the cupboards until he found his goal: A bottle of Aspirin. He shook a few out and dry swallowed them, breathing a sigh of relief. The medicine did not take instant effect, but the young man could take solace in the fact that there would be liberty coming.

He sat back down next to Taro, "Well, I'm Kale Arlowe. I graduated last year. I was the kid behind turning all the drinking fountains water into blue dye." He scratched the back of his head, "From what I understand that stuff never really got out of the pipe system..."

As Mal arrived where Valor and Rise were, so did two Angelic Captains. Mal wisely held himself back, but he snarled and snapped to let everyone know that he was, in fact, a Demonic and would probably do Demonly things.

"I smell treachery!" The Ever Malevolent whispered, "And I thought I would come and play. Valor, why are you playing with this weak little Angelic? We could rip her wings off slowly, that would be more fun than watching her struggle to protect her human..."

"Away!" The Angelic Captain stepped forward, wielding his bright blade. Mal hissed and turned away from it's power, but because he was a Captain as well, he had the strength to fight it.

"We have business here with the little Rise!" The Ever Malevolent shifted from one foot to the other, then whirled and reformed himself at her shoulder, "Valor? Valor, don't tell me you're trying to trick her again..."
ViceVersus
Scholar and Designer
Member for 7 years

Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:22 pm

Taro

It was his turn to go into the nurse's office and so he got up and waved Kale good bye. "What's the matter?" asked the nurse when he entered the room.
"I just feel somewhat ill. Maybe I could lay down fro a while?" he asked when he saw a couple of beds in the room.
"By all means do as you must." she said and let him choose any bed he wished. He chose the closest bed and lied down. 'Hmm... my aunt would be mad if I just went home, I guess I could stay a bit longer.' he thought and began to fall into a light sleep.

Valor

He could not see Mal, but heard every word he said. The only people Valor could see were Lillia and Rise. "If you don't believe me, then I guess I can't change your mind." he said and took a few steps back as he began to vanish. "Remember me, for I have never forgoten you." he said and dissolved into the air. The room was completely silent.

(I won't be on all weekend so do not get to night-time in the RP because that time of day will be very important to my character. But everyone may still proceed with what their characters are doing because Taro is sleeping until school is over and Edagener is roaming the Darkness Realm. Melodic, you may take over Valor if you want. I will PM you about his motives if you want to take him for the weekend.)
Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 5 years

Postby Melodic Salvation on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:54 pm

Rise looked up to see a demon and the Angelic Captain phase through. Relief washed over her, finally having the back-up she so desperately needed. She whirled around to watch Lillia, and gave her a reassuring look. At least now they had a fighting chance. She turned back around to see the creature and the demon speaking amongst each other, the effects of the creature's deception began to wear off. Looking up with reverence towards the captain, she uttered a barely audible, "Thank you...."
She took a few steps forward and wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. There was no sorrow left, only frustration. A small amount of confidence was regained with the captain's arrival. But Rise carefully watched the new demon's actions. By observing his swift, purposeful movements she could tell that he was more powerful than she. Letting out a brief sigh of contempt for her own ineptitude, she attempted to keep herself in the first truly calm state she had been in through this whole ordeal. At least Charros is here. Then Valor disappeared.

Lillia was sent into an even further panic by the new arrivals. She had no recollection of any other shadow than her's, and now thoroughly assumed all others were purely demonic. But when Rise shot her that glance of confidence, her fears subsided a little. Though due to her lack of knowledge about the entire situation, she still remained edgy and uncomfortable with the blade wielding stranger in front of them. Her eyes remained fixed upon him, trying to understand his connection to Rise. Her mind failed to grasp the differences between the deception and truth, was this 'friend of Rise' another skeleton? At least she took solace in Rise being in a more calmed state.

(Umm sure I can take him, it'd be nice to play a demonic character for a little while. =])
Melodic Salvation
Member for 5 years

Postby Hirochi-Zangus on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Edagener

"Hey." said a familiar voice to Edagener. He turned around and saw a monster near a hole. "Come over here." he said pointing at the hole.
"What is it?" he asked the monster landing on the ground. What he saw was a message. The time is Soon, Release me From my Prision, Edagener. "That's peculiar." he said to himself giggling.
"You know who it is then?" asked the monster curiously and wide eyed.
"Of course. It's my father, the greatest Shadow alive. No one can kill him because it is technically impossible to kill him. His Host was sent to an insane assylum and now is trapped within his host's mind with no escape. The rooms they have there are white with lights in all directions. No shadow is cast and so the shadow must reside within the mind. Hah... he wants me to release him?" he then turned away and started to float away.
"What're you going to do?" asked the monster standing up.
"Nothing." he said almost sounding like a little boy again, then laughing hysterically. "I'm not going to do anything!"
Hirochi-Zangus
Member for 5 years

Postby ViceVersus on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:13 pm

There wasn't much else for Mal to do now. He circled around Rise a few times, drifting lazily. The Angelic Captain could do nothing--firstly because of who The Ever Malevolent was, and secondly because he was not actually doing anything to harm anyone.

"Don't trust him. He's out to get you and the girl, too." Mal whispered in the ear of both the human, and the Angelic, "Shadows rise and shadows fall, my dear. Where will you be when the lot is finally drawn?"

With one last swirl, he touched Rise's cheek before slipping away.
ViceVersus
Scholar and Designer
Member for 7 years

Postby Melodic Salvation on Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:35 pm

Rise eyed the demon suspiciously, he wasn't attacking, but he wasn't exactly on her side either. She wanted to respond to him, but before she could open her mouth he disappeared, leaving Rise to decipher his message. She reached her hand to where the demon had touched her. The touch was cold, but gentle, a confusing behavior for a demon such as Mal. She knitted her brow and held her hand out to Lillia. Leading Lillia to her side, she turned to the captain, "What are we to do now? Edagener expects us tomorrow evening." She sighed softly, not wanting to seem like such a weakling in front of the powerful being that was before her. There was just such a longing for guidance that welled up in her, she needed to turn to someone for it.

Lillia stood motionless as the demon circled her, unsure of how to react. He whispered to her what might as well have been gibberish, for she understood only the first part. And that was the part she had at least gathered for herself. She took the hand extended to her and walked beside Rise. She looked back up at the being which loomed before her and hoped that he would send them back, she was tired of this place and all it's confusion.
Melodic Salvation
Member for 5 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.