Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The World of Sensou: The Nine Keys (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The World of Sensou: The Nine Keys (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitsune on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:24 pm

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
The World of Sensou

Story:
The world of Sensou is a large world plagued by war. The world has been split into many different nations, and the lack of unity has led to thousands of innocent deaths. To make matters worse, a nation called the Senshi have traveled from distant lands across the Arcane Ocean to invade and conquer territory. With the nations seperated by hate and war, the Senshi have had no problem outnumbering our armies and crushing us. The entire Southern Continent of Sharoia has nearly been completed conquered, and the other Continents may fall soon!

In a sprawling hope to find a way to unite the world once more, the King Hafin al' Donher has gathered a mass of treasure hunters, glory-seekers, and other adventurers to seek out the Summon Guardians of the Seals--13 magical creatures who dwell in the seals that bind the worlds. Appointed to their task, the hunters began their search for the 13 Guardians who held our world together, but none returned. In desperate hopes of finding someone a hunter so brave--so skilled, that they would be able to survive long enough to save the world from the Senshi, the King send out an edict that any man or women who thought himself a grand hunter and/or warrior must come to him. Will anyone be able to brave the world's evils and find the 13 Guardians before it is too late?

Rules:
1. Follow the basic Role Play Gateway rules.
2. Keep things decent. I don't want any mature content at all (No language, intimicy or anything that could potentially scar a child...)
3. Be fair to the other players. No god-modding, no auto-hitting, no perfect characters, no controlling other peoples characters, no ignoring other player's actions and no descriminating.
4. No public arguments or flame wars, at all! I don't want this RP breaking apart for stupid reasons.
5. No amazing surprises that could alter the story. Keep to the basic plot, and let me do the suprising.
6. Magic is welcome, but no summoning a powerful storm of fire that kills every Senshi in the world. Magic is draining work, after all. Also, no super powerful invincible characters.
7. If I haven't approved your character, you aren't playing. Simple as that. Post the sheet here in the OOC and I'll approve it, or deny it. No arguments or retorts.
8. If you don't want to use one of the premade species, then send a request to me via-PM.
9. Don't question my decisions. I will accept your oppinion and take it into recognition, but that's about it. I am the GM, remember that.

Character Skeleton:
Name: (Your name. Nothing unpronouncable, please.)
Age: (Please be realistic. No 200 year old humans. Elves are the only long-lived species.)
Species: (Choose from one of the pre-made species or request a new one from me.)
Combat Info: (This should include all information that has to do with your character's fighting skills. This includes a list of your weaponry.)
Appearance: (A detailed description of your character, or an image of your character should be posted here. We need to know what our allies look like, after all.)
Items and Articles:
(Here you should post a list of the articles that your character is carrying with them. Things that are obvious--Such as a cantina of water, or a sack of spare clothing or something like that.)
History: (Post a short history of your characters life. This is optional, and if you want your background to be a secret just post --Unknown--)
Best Skill: (Your characters best skill.)
Relations: (Any relations you have to the other characters.)
Username: (Your Username)

Species:

Name: Human
Physical Strength: Above Average
Magical Strength: Average
Appearance: Depends on the parental appearances and the genes. They can be tall, short, heavy, light and anything in-between. Some believe they are a mix of Elven Blood and Dwarven Blood.
Life Span: 1-120 Years.
History: The human race has not lived on Sensou for as long as the Elves and the Dwarves, but they are now the dominent ruling species. Most of the continents are ruled by Human Kings, and the Humans have strong cities and towns almost every. They have a large amount of hospitality for strangers, and are usually kind except when threatened. Some are more corrupt then others, but most have strong morales. They are heroic, and civilized most of the time, but there are a few nomadic tribes living in the lower points of the earth.

Name: Elf
Physical Strength: Below Average
Magical Strength: Extremely Strong
Appearance: Elves are tall, extremely tall, and usually are slim and elegant-appearing. They usually have oddly colored hair such as white, blue, red, or green and have long, tilted eyes and long pointed ears. They usually dress in nature-colored clothing and lack extravagant jewelry. In old age, they show no extreme signs of decay or aging.
Life Span: 1-Infinity (Elves are immortal spiritually, but if their bodies are destroyed they too shall die.)
History: The elves were the first race to come across the Arcane Ocean and build homes on the eastern continents. Though they were not the native race of the land, they instantly began acting like it was their property and this infuriated the native dwarves. War broke out between the species, and this in-turn created a life-long hatred between dwarf and elf. Once the human species took control of most of the already built Elven cities, the Elves fleed into the forests to avoid conflict with the Humans, and that is where they continue to live. In secret. There are no nomadic tribes when it comes to the Elves. They are creative and love the arts. They also are extremely powerful with magic. They are strong willed, but are weak when it comes to physical labor--That is why they use magic--and physical combat. They are a force to be reckoned with at distances, but in melee-combat they are a disappointment. They love nature and live in forests. They also have many tame animals as pets--such as wolves, bears, hawks, and other wild-beasts.

Names: Drago
Physical Strength: Strong
Magical Strength: Extremely Low
Appearance: The Drago are a reptillian race of strange creatures. They can come in any shape or size and some have even been seen that resemble snakes and have no arms or legs. They can come in any color of scales, and, depending on the mother and father, some have even been born with wings and the ability to breathe fire. The species originated from an unknown country, and usually live in hot, dry places. They are rarely seen anywhere else, and when they are seen they are a strange sight. They are usually covered in tribal tattoos, and their black unblinking eyes seem to stare into your soul.
Life Span: 1-200
History: Not much is known except that they came from a distant land, and are not very kind to any race except for their own. They live in tribes that are spread across the world of Sensou, and they are constantly having internal conflict.

Name: Dwarf
Physical Strength: Strong
Magical Strength: Below Average
Appearance: The Dwarf species are short, and wide. They wear long beards that usually are braided, and that hang below their knees, and wear thick, and rough clothing. They have pale-skin from lack of sunlight, and they are extremely brawny (Brawny = Muscular). Since they rarely use magic for anything but enchanting ores and weaponry, they have not acquired the elegance that comes with magical skill.
Life Span: 1-Infinity (Like the Elves, they can only die by physical harm.)
History: The native species of Sensou, they were quickly forgotten as the Elves and Humans began inhabiting their homeland. The dwarves are creatures of stone who live beneath our feet in cities of rock and iron. They are amazing forgers and have used their weapon-smithing skills to help them win wars. They hate the Elves for forcing them to flee to the underground world, but most fueding now only consists of Clans fighting each other for power. They are rarely seen above ground, and the entrances to their kingdoms are hidden exceedingly well. The current king, King Dobrana, plans on negotiating with the humans above ground to make some sort of pact that will allow them to return to the surface world, but there has been no communications of late.

Name: Oger
Physical Strength: Perfect
Magical Strength: Below Average
Appearance: Oger appear just to be enormous men with large noses, mouths and eyes the size of tea-pots. They are extremely muscular, and have deep, loud voices. Despite their aggressive appearances, though, the Oger species is quite placid.
Life Span: 1-900
History: Where they came from, no one knows, but the Oger live in magical groves called Life Harbors where nature literally is alive, and peace is common. There is not much known about Ogers except that they use their small ability of magic to heal and cause nature to grow faster and stronger, and there has only been a few wars that the Oger fought in. Though they will never be thought attractive, they have beautifal souls that long for peace and tranquility. They are slow to anger, and believe that haste only leads to foolish decisions but if they are attacked they will defend themselves. They are very secretive, as well, and usually keep to themselves.

Name: Fairy, Pixy
Physical Strength: Extremely Low
Magical Strength: Extremely High
Appearance: Small and palm sized, both are of the same race but of different appearances. Fairies appear as tiny, winged humans with long pointed ears and beautifal appearances, but Pixies simply appear as small glowing orbs of light that change color with each emotion. Fairies and Pixies are both extremely mighty when it comes to using magic, but their small size makes them incredibly easy to...well...step on if in melee combat.
Life Span: Unknown
History: The race of Fairies and Pixies have been known to be might magicians and grand pranksters, but that is really the only knowledge known about them. They are also very energetic, and joyful, but their lives are secretive and no one truly knows where to find a Hollow--which is the name of a Pixy or Fairy village. History has forgotten them, and most people believe them to be nought but myths.

Name: Kenderkind
Physical Strength: Average
Magical Strength: Average
Appearance: These creatures are somewhat smaller than humans, averaging at about 4'10", and are always traveling about. They don't really like to stay in one place too long and can be seen with a traveling staff. On the whole they are very much like humans, with appearances varying according to genes, but are shorter
Life Span: 1-160 Years.
History: They originated in the forests and the nearby plains, but soon felt the urge to travel to new places. As young ones, many feel an 'itching of the feet' if you will, and decide to strike out on their own. Now, their forgotten cities lie almost abandoned as none feel the urge to return home. They never really fought in any wars unless personally choosing to do so, and never want to kill without having a very good reason. Now they just wander around to different cities, some as traders and some as just travelers.

That is the basic story. If you like it, you can submit your Character Sheets to me.

The IC Thread.
The Information and Synopsis Thread.
Last edited by Kitsune on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Roleplays that I am leading, or participating in:
The World Of Sensou: The Nine Keys (My Creation)
A Knightly Quest (By Irish Wolf)
Tales Of Symphonia: Nebilim's Key (My Creation)
Star Wars Conquests (My Creation)
Starlight: A Tale of Earth's Destruction and Rebirth (Coming in May)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kitsune
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The World of Sensou: OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ace of Blades on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Fear not, for I shall join you on this epic quest.

But first, a few questions:

What are the roles we can play as?
Do we have to be an adventurer, or can we be one of the Senshi?
Are you going to post a map of your world anytime soon?
Is there anything I can help you with?

Thats all.

-TAOS
You can't lose...
...With all Aces...
----=----=----=----=----
...Shut up, or I'll kill you!...
...Some people say I have temper problems, but people like that need to get hurt, so hurt, that they have to go to the HOSPITAL!
----=----=----=----=----
My top quotes of the month:
"Why so serious?"- Joker
----=----=----=----=----

~The Ace Of Blades

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Ace of Blades
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevan on Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:14 pm

I am interested, so as Aragorn famously states:

You have my sword.

But yeah i will want to know some more details and things. Like character sheets, rules, races and other important information.

Please and thank you :P

Nevan
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitsune on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:05 pm

Q:What are the roles we can play as?
A: Any role, but it must somehow include the story's-quest. You can't be villains, either.
Q:Do we have to be an adventurer, or can we be one of the Senshi?
A: No, you can't be one of the Senshi. It would just be difficult to incorporate into the story, and I would have to inform you of their millions of beliefs and traditions....which would be difficult. Plus, they have their own language, so...
Q: Are you going to post a map of your world anytime soon?
A: No. I don't have the graphic-power to create a visual map. I'll try, but until I can get it to the site you'll just have to go with a verbal map.
Q:Is there anything I can help you with?
A: No, I've got it all under control...for now.

These are some quickly done replies to your questions. If you want an-in-depth explenation, talk to me by PM.
- - - - -

Species are simple:

Dwarves- Masters of the Forge, and brutish-warriors. They excell in things that require physical strength, but are slow and have bad eyesight and magical-skills. They live underground, and are rarely seen above ground. They despise elves for unknown reasons. They are a bit touchy, and they wear long beards--a symbol of their pride--and they are tremendous drinkers. They can drink a whole barrel of ale and not get tipsy, and eat a whole feast easily.

Elves- Magical beings that are both beautifal, and deadly. They are tall--unlike the dwarves--and slim. They are creative and love the arts. They also are extremely powerful with magic. They are strong willed, but are weak when it comes to physical labor--That is why they use magic--and physical combat. They are a force to be reckoned with at distances, but in melee-combat they are a disappointment. They love nature and live in forests. They also have many tame animals as pets--such as wolves, bears, hawks, and other wild-beasts.

Human- The simple human race is the defining line that seperates the elves and the dwarves. They can come in any appearance, and are believed to be a mix of both races. They are of medium strength in both physical combat and magical combat. They inhabit large man-made cities and are very welcoming to strangers. They are a simple mix between elves and dwarves, and they are the only thing that keeps war from breaking out betwix races.

Oger- Large brutish creatures that resemble giant, ugly men. Though they will never be thought attractive, they have beautifal souls that long for peace and tranquility. They are slow to anger, and believe that haste only leads to foolish decisions. They live in the mountains, and, if angered, will defend themselves. They are very secretive, as well, and usually keep to themselves.

Drago- Reptillian humans. They live and act like humans, but have a grand temper and are usually causing wars. They believe in clans, and they are very savage-like. They are friendly when a friend comes along, but it is a rare occasion that anyone but a drago would be friendly to a drago. They are an odd race that live in extremely hot areas such as deserts and volcanoes. Some can even spit fire. They come in many shapes and sizes--ranging from winged to arm-and-legless--like a snake.

This is just a quick view of some of the races. I'll update this later, but for now I'm in a bit of a rush...

Kitsune
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ace of Blades on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:15 pm

Don't worry, take your time.

The Ace of Blades
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitsune on Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:34 pm

Since more then once person was interested, I will transform this into the actual OOC.

Kitsune
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haborym on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:21 am

I've got a couple of concepts in mind, but they each go slightly against the grain (as you have outlined in your race descriptions, that is). I'll post them, and if they aren't acceptable, then I'll make another, more toned-down character.

Name: Anah of the Tribe of the Bear

Species: Human

Appearance: Long, dirty blonde hair reaches down to about mid-shoulder, tied loosely to keep it from inhibiting her vision. Her green eyes stare out from a strong face, which is still characteristically female, but not particularly feminine. She stands at a whopping 6'2'', and her frame is quite heavy, boasting large, powerful muscles: Indeed, it would be easy to mistake Anah for a man if it were not for her obvious female anatomy.

Weapons/Equipment:
-A large, two-handed iron waraxe
-Broadsword
-Round, wooden shield with a large thrusting spike in the middle
-Three iron-tipped javelins
-Bearhide-covered, boiled leather armor (Cuirass, vambraces, greaves, and boots)

Items/Articles:
-A sack of dried meat
-One large waterskin
-Two small pitons, for setting snares
-Several horse hair cords, also for snares

Combat Info: In larger-scale fighting, Anah prefers to soften up her opponents with her javelins, then she rushes in with her broadsword and shield. In smaller battles, where she'll likely only be fighting two-to-three people at a time, at most, then she foregoes the shield and sword in favor of her waraxe. A reckless--but effective--style.

Best Skill: Opening up a 12-pack of sugar-free whoopass.

Bio: Born as a female in the Northern Tribe of the Bear, the only things Anah could look forward to was a life of servitude to any man who decided to take her as a wife. She had come to accept such early on in life, but that all changed once she hit puberty and experienced a growth spurt which shot her at least a head taller than the tallest boy in the tribe. Even over the next few years, her rapid growth continued, her height eventually matching that of her father, who was one of the tribe's greater warriors.
This, of course, brought much shame upon her family, as such a freakish girl would never be found suitable to marry. In an unprecedented event, the Shaman proclaimed her to be a woman no longer and charged her father to teach her to be a warrior, so that she may someday regain her family's honor in battle. Reluctantly, he agreed, and over the next six years he taught her to be a formidable fighter, training her body and pushing her abilities to the limits each day. Indeed, it was a momentous day whenever she was called upon to test her strength against one of the village's seasoned warriors, a man of almost twenty-two winters, in a brutal wrestling match that all boys had to go through to be acclaimed as men. Expectations of her defeat were high, however all were crushed when she took the man down in only twelve seconds, pinning him to the ground and painfully forcing him to submit.
Since that day, she has fought in many battles against other tribes, however, because she was still a woman in an anatomical sense, she would never be afforded the same kind of honor attributed to the men of her tribe. Frustrated with this, she set out on an honor quest, determined to prove her worth to her tribe and be considered an equal to every man there: No more, no less.

Relations: None so far (but am open to just about anything)

Username: Haborym

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Thelastiel Agn'ostol

Species: Elven

Appearance: A completely bald-shaven head frames an otherwise beautifully-angular Elven face. His body is lithe and graceful, as is expected of his people, however his muscles are unusually lean, showing that he spends more time in physical training than in study.

Weapons/Equipment:
-A long, slender blade (think longsword mixed with rapier)
-A parrying dirk
-A small array of weighted knives, used for throwing.
-A supple chain shirt

Items/Articles:
-A travelling outfit (cloak, boot/shin wraps, etc...)
-Two small waterskins
-A small sack of assorted dried meats and fruits
-Whetstone and honing oil
-Hooded Lantern
-Long, hempen rope

Combat Info: Only slightly talented in using magic, Thelastiel instead relies upon his two blades to do most of the work. His fighting style is very much like a dance, aiming to mislead and confuse his opponents through his graceful movements. While his magical abilities are unrefined, they are not completely useless, as he is able to enact minor glamers in order to further debilitate his opponents' senses.

Best Skill: Dextrous fighting

Bio: Thelastiel has had somewhat of a distaste for magic since he was very young. He had seen the power that wizards employed, but the mental toll coupled with the sheer unpredictability of the art had left him wanting more. It was then that he left <insert Elven city name here> in search of a renowned human weaponmaster so that he could learn what he considered the true "art of war". It only took him five years of searching before he found the man, and then it took another six months to convince the man that he was worthy of being taught.
And so, he spent many years in the master's tutelage until, inevitably, the shorter-lived human died of old age. Thelastiel could have stayed there, living in the man's home in relative comfort, but during training a fire inside of him was lit, kindling the young man's desire to further hone his skills. With only the essentials he needed, the elf left the small cabin nestled within the woods and headed out into the world to seek out and challenge ever more-powerful warriors in order to further his own strength and knowledge.

Relations: None, but again, I'm open to just about anything

Username: Haborym
Last edited by Haborym on Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Haborym
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitsune on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:50 pm

1st: Humans don't usually live in tribes--They usually congregate in cities and villages--but I think that the girl is quite a unique character. I approve of her.

2nd: Elves are magic users, not Melee Fighters. That is their main role. But, I will let you slide on him as long as you have him fight as more of a supporter then a main-fighter. (Imagine him defending a magic caster or something instead of fighting the entire onslaught, since elves are usually frail when it comes to physical mass.) Also, if you need a city you may use Ellara, the City of Gold. The elves there tend to be more prejeduce and unkind, so they would have more off a prejeduce attitude to a elf trying to be a melee-ist. It would be a good twist, since if your character tried to return we would have a bit of conflict that could add to the storyline.

Kitsune
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Preacher of peaches on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:02 pm

Kistune, I am confuses about the Oger. You do not mention their magical abilities. you mentioned thier similarities to humans which make me think that they may have the potential in the magical arts but would probably put emphasize on spells and incantations that do not relate to warfare. Being an Andre or Goliath at average (please tell me if your view of giant is drastically different than mine.) is fine and all but I believe that a member most pacifistic race could easily fall to a highly trained warrior of dwarf or human if they were not inclined on how to use thier bodies to potential and had nothing but brute force to protect them. If they are much bigger then I expect than I can put my questions to rest but then they have to have a completely reworked circulatory system which may have drastic relations to the execution to many forms of the magical arts.

Preacher of peaches
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haborym on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:14 pm

Of course, I understood how seemingly off-the-wall these characters would seem when I made the post, so that's why I offered to make a more normalized character afterwards.
When it comes to the human one, I assumed that there would be tribes of "uncivilized" humans, much akin to barbarians, in the world. If that's not the case, then I won't mention much about her background IC as not to add any friction to the story.
If I were to use the elf, then I understand completely that he will not be a mainline fighter. In most one-on-one cases, he could hold his own, as his natural grace and rudimentary grasp of magic would allow him to trick and outmaneuver most opponents. If confronted with multiple enemies, he'll be more likely to retreat as his physical weakness would not allow him to sustain much damage, at all.
Since you seem more approving of the barbarian woman, I'll use her to start with, and if something untoward happens to her (i.e. death x_x ), then we can try to introduce the Elf.
Also, I'm not as uptight about my characters dying as most, so keep that in mind if there is a justified circumstance in which my character would bite the dust.

Haborym
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitsune on Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:37 pm

To Peaches:
As I said at the bottom of the list, that is only a rough draft. The Oger can be 10 foot tall at the most, and 5 foot tall at the shortest. They use magic, but only for positive things like healing. They rely mainly on their brute force which is pretty good. (1 Oger could probably slay about 10 soldiers with minimum difficulty. They are very damage resistant, so they act as beserkers who rush into combat no matter the odds and usually come back extremely wounded, but alive. They rarely have to defend themselves, so...No one even remembers when the last war that involved Ogers was...)

To Haborym: I'm fine with both characters, and their approved as they are. If the final product of the Char. Skeleton is any different, you can simply modify them a bit. It probably won't change though...

To Everyone: I'm sorry I'm having to put this together in pieces, but I haven't had much time to visit the site lately. I'm not on winter break, for I am homeschooled. No break for me :*(

Kitsune
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Kitsune...? Are you the same Kitsune on SD.net?

Also, would it be possible to play a private mercenary working for the invaders?

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ace of Blades on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:07 pm

With the deta collected, I will create my character.

Name: Khadai Rabbek (Ka-Die Rabbi-k
Combat Info: Khadai is a young blade-master. His fighting style is simple: He preforms shorter, weaker but more rapid strikes upon his opponent and overwhelms them--Then he disarms them and slays them. His methods require little energy, so he rarely exhausts himself, and his shorter strikes allow him to combat five different opponents at once. His main weapon is a large sword with a powerful-and-well sharpaned edge, and he sometimes carries a round metal buckler. He has no ranged attacks besides his magical strikes--Which are few, since he never truly had an interest in magic--and he wears tough, sturdy armor to deflect most blows.
Appearance: (Him with his armor and sword)
Without his armor, his has dark brown curly hair and forest green eyes. His skin is a dark tan--Showing that he is an obvious traveler from the south--and his features can only be described as handsome. Most women are attracted by his appearance until they realize that he has no interest in settling down with a wife for the time being.
Items and Articles:
He carries the basic items needed to survive and nothing more. All his luxury items were burned when the Senshi came to his hometown in the Southlands.
History: Born in the southlands, Khadai's father was a skilled swordsmen who was a retired Veteran of War. He lived a simple, happy life and learned survival skills from his father. One of these survival skills was sword-combat, and at that Khadai excelled. Life was smooth and easy for Khadai, and full of joy and happiness. But one day, that all changed. He was twenty-four when he had learned that the Senshi had invaded the southern-lands, and the day after his twenty-fith birthday they came and destroyed his home. He tried to fight them, but was forced to flee overwhelming odds, and head north alone. He knows nothing of if his family survived the attack or if anyone did, but he has hopes that they somehow did. Facing the hardships that came from traveling alone, Khadai fought his way north through desert terrain and forests of wild monsters until he reached the border. Crossing easily, he rested in a small border town, where a merchant realized his combat skills and hired him as a personal guard. They traveled north together, and finally reached the capital city where Khadai left the service of the merchent and became a Knight for the king. After the edict was sent out by the His Majesty, Khadai decided that he would join the quest for the 13 Guardians, and that was the beginning of his adventure. From a perfect life, to one filled with tragedy and war.
Best Skill: Melee combat.
Relations: None, do far.
Username: The Ace of Blades

Phew, that was odd. I've never had so much trouble typing up my character sheet...odd.

The Ace of Blades
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitsune on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:19 pm

To Kronos: No, I'm not that Kitsune.

Yes, you could play as a private mercenary for the Senshi as long as you start off in the capital city of the north, Gaidanar. You should have as little contact with Senshi leaders who hired you as possible. Send a PM to me and we can discuss a possible idea of fitting him into the story.

To TAOS: Character accepted. What made it difficult for you to type up your character?

Unless anyone has any thing they think I should add, I'm done.

Kitsune
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haborym on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:39 pm

Come on people, join up: This is not an RP idea that I would like to see die before it even had a chance.

Haborym
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitsune on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:58 pm

I shalt be posting my characters soon, and then we can start the RP. The group doesn't need to be large, and I have two story characters who will be joining us on this adventure, and one personal character. Besides, as the story progresses more story characters will inevitably join our quest for salvation.

Name: Bella Seyvana (Bell-ah Say-van-ah
Species: Elf
Combat Info: Bella is a spell-caster and a summoner, meaning she stands away from the actual combat and bombards the enemy with magical strikes. She also has a good amount of healing ability, and can heal almost everything except for death itself, though she does know a summoning technique that can summon a soul back from hell. She has minimum combat skills when it comes to swordsmanship or anything of the like, but her archery skills are exceedingly high and she carries a small short sword for combat if necessary. Her summoning skills can end a battle easily, so she decided that she would be a good unit for this quest.
Appearance: Borrowed from RagnarokOnline.
Items and Articles:
Survival supplies, first aid kit, flash of healing water, summoning cards, Orb of Concentration, and an array of daggers.
History: --Unknown--
Best Skill: Spell-Casting
Relations: None, so far.
Username: Kitsune

This is my first character.
Here is my second.

Name: Kitsune Hikari (Kit-soon He-car-ee)
Combat Info: N/A
Appearance: He sometimes wears a sunhat of the same color.
Items and Articles:
N/A
Best Skill: Combat
Relations: None

Name: Sam Belindan (Story Character)
Combat Info: Athletic and agile, Sam fights with a deadly mix of power and speed. Armed with duel arm-swords, he is a skilled assassin and open-field fighter. He knows his weaknesses, and keeps his enemy from exploiting them. His agility and compact size allow him to preform powerful aerial attacks, but his magical abilities are waining. He makes a point to notice his enemies tactics and weaknesses before actually attacking them, and he usually is the winner of the battle...usually.
Appearance: Borrowed from RagnarokOnline.
Best Skill: Assassination
Relations: Once met Bella, but he doesn't remember it.

By the way, the IC thread has been posted. Check it out. (There is a link on the title and information post.)

Kitsune
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Ace of Blades on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Now the quest shall begin! To the IC thread!

Our party is small but powerful!...Heh...Actually, I guess we'll see if we are...

The Ace of Blades
Member for 16 years

Re: The World of Sensou: The Nine Keys (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinnerOfAllSaints on Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Character Skeleton

Name: Saif al Din
Species: Drago
Combat Info:
Saif Fights mostly with the Halberd, Using it as a spear or a elongated axe. As he has no shield it's best to keep the for as far away as he can. However if he should loose the polearm in one manner or another he has a Saif as well. When fighting with the Saif his vambrace is use as a shield with quick slashes to the legs, and lower body. When it seems needed Saif also uses his tail as a weapon.

- A long two-handed Polearm/ Halberd
- A short Saif (A Saif is a curved Arabian sword or Scimitar)
- He has also had a piece of steel made for the end of his tail which appears like fork
- A Pair of long dull steel Schynbalds that started from the shin and ended at the knees
- A elongated steel vambrace on the left arm, Which started from the forearm ending on the left shoulder.
- A hauberk is a shirt of mail armour. The term is usually used to describe a shirt reaching at least to mid-thigh and including sleeves
- A dull steel Burgonet, This a helmet
- Small bits of steel plates covering his tail

Appearance: For a Drago he is build much like a human male. His hight being around six foot and one inch. He has arms, and legs with nothing else like wings or more arms. His Would be that of a snake yes, But other that his body build is human other then the tail. His scales are black in color with every tenth being a red red in color. Giving the whole body a dull crimson color at time. He also has no hair, Yet he has small horns Running along his spine about every ten inch's, His Hauberk was made with steel rings around each horn allowing them for use as weapons. The horns continue down to the tip of his tail.

Items and Articles:
- A small pack wore on the small of the back, With straps around the waist & upper thighs
- A Small sharping stone
- A Small amount of dried meats
- Two stones of flint
- Dry herbs for wounds
- Two large waterskins wore off the straps of his pack

History: Little is known about Dargo's lets keep it at that.
Best Skill: Saif best skills is reading the lay of the land, And sky. Within this skill he also very good at tracking only due the fact that his eyes see when something is out of place with the earth around him.
Username: SinnerOfAllSaints

SinnerOfAllSaints
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJ OMiY on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:29 am

I'd like to join this, if it's ok with you Kitsune.

Name: Darayan Gennbu (da-RYE-an GEN-bu)
Species: Elf
Combat Info: Darayan has recently joined a group of elves who wish to heighten their magical ability. Therefore he has gained a magical prowess slightly above those of other elves. However, these skills have never truly been put to the test in the field. His weapon and method for casting is a wooden maple scepter. His magical abilities range from the offensive to the defensive, although he specializes in White Magic.

To Attack: Darayan uses a basic array of elemental destructive arts, harnessing fire, wind, and water. He has little will to fight melee, although he carries his father's hunting knife around everywhere, just in case. The elements can be used for spellcasting in two different ways. Manipulation is the easier, less-straining form of magic. Darayan can use the elements around him to attack. If the elements required are not available, Darayan must summon instead. Summoning takes more energy, but the element is often purer, and therefore more effective. Fire is often summoned since it is normally not readily available.
To Defend: Darayan has a more confident grasp on defensive and healing arts. He has mastered a shielding spell that can be cast on one or multiple people. The more people he spreads the spell over, however, the weaker it becomes. His specialty is in the white or healing arts. He can effectively purge a person of most toxins or diseases, and can heal wounds and injuries in a shorter time than most other beings.

Appearance: At six foot five, Darayan is one of the taller elves in his village. His hair is an extremely fair brown, reaching to his shoulders, and has long ears pointing backwards. He has a moderate build due to his love for swimming but still remains slender, as with the rest of his kinsmen. He rarely wears anything but his field outfit, a mild green and yellow shirt coupled with a darker green pair of pants. He wears a belt with a sheath for his knife and carries a knapsack for trips into the forest.
Items and Articles:
-Water sack
-Maple Staff
-Assortment of berries and fruits
-sketchbook
-charcoal
History: Darayan was interested in the "bright glow" that the elders created ever since he was a boy. He made it his life's work to become a superior mage. Darayan loves to swim, sometimes skipping a tiny chore here or there to get the time! His favorite spot is at a lagoon connected to the local river. He draws the scenery and wildlife, for enjoyment and to add to the village's library. At this river, Darayan foun his current pet, an eagle named Suzaku. He is occasionally scolded by the elders for skimping on work, but otherwise has found himself a his own place in the village, which has, so far, not been found by the Senshi. This is his first adventure outside of his village.
Best Skill: White (Healing) Arts / near-photographic memory
Username: DJ OMiY

Just let me know if I'm accepted. Thanks!
Last edited by DJ OMiY on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear sister...

Are you leaving me again...? <Laughs Maniacally>

DJ OMiY
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shinra114 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:26 am

Name: Treble Kelt
Species:Dwarf
Combat Info: Born with uncanny accurecy for hitting things so he would carry an axe for throwing and with the common incredible strength of the dwarves he carries a hammer with him to smash things with and forge when neccesary
Appearnece:Image
Items and Articles:
Hammer
Axe
Sack
Food
Water Pouch
History: Born in the mountains and lived there for 25 years until his home was attacked by the Senshi The dwarves were able to push them out but lost many people. After the battle Treble and a number of others set of to help fight. Eventully in a years time they split up into pairs, Trebles partner was killed in a raid of their camp and Treble was taken to a Senshi prison camp for four years untill he and the other prisnors escaped destroying the camp in the process and is fighting still.
Best Skill: Despite most dwarves haveing bad eye sight he has much better for reasons no one can figure out.
Relations: none
Username: shinra114

Yeah i'm not that good with people profiles
Last edited by shinra114 on Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you were one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

shinra114
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!