Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In The Year 2245 [IC]

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: In The Year 2245 [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:00 am

Max looked at Adelaide as she sat besides him. “They want me to make a neural net, a program that can adapt although only to very specific situations. They are reluctant to reveal to what purpose but I'll find out eventually.” Adelaide mentioned she was getting a tour and that she'll be keeping an eye out on escape. Although he still had no idea of how to do it, it seemed escape was slowly becoming at least a possibility with Adelaide on the outside. This neural net never could be a good thing, finding a way to escape seemed much better then handing such technology to rebels which would probably lead to a lot of casualties on the military side.

“Yes.” Max said as he placed his hand on Adelaide's shoulder. “Find out as much as you can. Also keep an eye out for any advanced technology, robots or data disks like the ones back at the research lab.” Max sat back in the chair and stared towards the door of the room. “Try to find out why exactly they need me as well.” Max didn't feel comfortable asking all this from Adelaide, but he didn't see any other way and she seemed willing to do it. Max just hoped she'll remain as innocent as she was before, but perhaps she had already lost it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aicop
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:11 am

Adelaide nodded as Max asked her of numerous things and she took note of it all. She'd do her best to find out. "I'll have a look when I get given a tour, though I told Gabriel that I could only do it when I wasn't allowed to see you. I don't understand why they're letting me see you but I'm glad that I can." She told him.

"I haven't seen anything like what you had yet, but I've only seen here and William's house." She told him, looking around. "I'll try and befriend Gabriel and find out from him. William won't tell me and if I ask him he'll probably stop me seeing you and I don't want that to happen." She looked at Max. "We'll escape though. I know we will."

Despite everything she still believed that Max wouldn't be killed and that they would escape. She couldn't believe anything different and hadn't thought that he could be killed if he was of no use. She just assumed that he'd be freed if he couldn't help them. "Maybe if you can't help them they'll let you go." She told him, "I'll ask that to."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Max felt relieved when Adelaide hadn't seen any high tech equipment, but as she stated herself she hadn't gone many places and they probably kept it hidden from sight. The thought of her befriending a guard made him feel jealous, even though she was doing all this for him. In a more painful thought perhaps it was good she had someone if he were to die. “Yes befriend him, but please be careful. I wouldn't want you to end up as a prisoner as well.”

Adelaide seemed to radiate hope, which was easily spread to Max. When she was wondering if he would be released if he couldn't help them Max even smiled and allowed himself to believe this possibility for it was a favorable one.

---

Tari, Carter and Devon were traveling once again. Going slowly so they could spot enemies before they were spotted themselves. Now they were in hiding because they had spotted such a group, their hiding place were the remains of a bombarded building, which wasn't much. Tari was lying doing in between the rubble, the little height the walls had left was hopefully enough to prevent them from being seen.

A gunshot sounded, directly followed by more, Tari was certain they were found out and grabbed Carter. “Oh no, they have found us!” in truth the group had been attacked by another. The sound of gunshots died out after just a minute, Tari stared silently at Carter in puzzlement of why they were still undetected.

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:18 am

"I don't think I'd end up a prisoner. But I'll befriend him and see if I can find a way out for us." She stated. While they were waiting to see what happened to them next, Adelaide kept up the conversation and asked questions about Max as well as telling him about herself and her life and Carter, just to keep things interesting. She seemed a lot more confident now then when she first met Max a couple of days ago, learning to trust him quickly.

---

Carter grabbed Tari and covered her mouth as she spoke, holding her up close to him and having pulled out his gun, waiting to see if someone had seen them. Devon poked his head up but saw nothing, and after several more minutes, he let Tari go and started to put his gun away.

"We'll stay here for a while. We're covered and we don't know exactly where those groups are. The last thing we want to do is run into them." He stated.

Devon nodded his head in agreement, also putting his own gun away.

"We'll also be having cold food tonight. I don't want to risk anyone catching us because we were stupid enough to light a fire. We'll get some rest and then leave again when Devon or I think it's safe to go." He explained to Tari, still whispering in case people were close.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:08 am

As Adelaide was talking about herself, Max noticed Carter meant a lot to her. This was obvious from her earlier desire for his wellbeing, but now it made him wonder what sort of person Carter was as well as giving more insight into Adelaide.

Max felt obliged to tell Adelaide about himself as well, so he explained to her how he ended up in the military. His father, who was in the military, molded him into a combat role from a young age. His mother however eventually guided him towards the role he had eventually taken up as a scientist for his father had been killed. Max did not mention to Adelaide this happened during a riot.

The situation Max was in now was much bigger then a simple riot however, yet he had done nothing for the army. He only had occupied himself with Adelaide so far but now he was with her, unable to control anything, only able to hope for an escape, his mind started to venture to other matters. How his work had aided the military against earlier riots, often the presence of the robot's bulk size and armament was enough to neutralize an opposing force, otherwise they were used, controlled by orders from the military which it was able to follow due to it's neural network which Max had developed.

Max had felt pride that he had been able to 'solve' the riot problem, at least that was his assumption then. Then he also felt there was a line between civilians and riots, a line that now had disappeared. Although Max had no tolerance for riots he respected civilians as the underlying mechanism that kept the military going. Now Max wasn't sure about his allegiance towards the Military anymore, nor his foundation of his hatred towards rioting civilians. Max however knew that Adelaide was innocent in all this, and that he was not.

"Do you know why people are rioting, or even thought about doing so yourself?" Max asked Adelaide.

"I never felt much compassion for those who did, neither did the military. Now I know you, and after seeing how that girl back in the kitchen was treated, as well as other little things. I feel like I've been blind." Max felt stupid for telling this to Adelaide and looked at her, wondering if she would leave right away.

---

Tari couldn't help but to struggle for a brief moment as Carter covered her mouth to prevent her making a noise, Carter was a lot stronger then her but she was afraid and confused. She however calmed down quickly and then actually felt protected by Carter.

When things seemed safe Tari was released again, she wiped her mouth clean of a bit of her own saliva which was produced instead of her voice when she had tried to speak before against Carter's hand. Tari wasn't very happy when she heard they had to stay here, Carter had been right about fighting, knowing a bit how to shoot a gun wasn't nearly enough. Even though Tari suspected she would be able to kill someone she wasn't prepared at all to get killed herself. Yet some part of her still wanted to get revenge on what happened to her, she wanted to feel she could protect herself, for now she was very glad Carter was around.

Carter moved to Tari and whispered to her they couldn't use any fire, not even to cook their food, after some rest they would move out again if things seemed safe. Tari moved even closer as Carter did as she gave her reply, fearing she would speak too loudly otherwise. "Sorry for , resisting, I wasn't thinking." After a moment of silence she continued "If the place we are headed to is better then here, you should stay there as well."

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:53 am

"My brother has said that people riot because they want a better life, better living conditions. They don't want to be treated like slaves. I've heard stories about some military personnel to, and what they do to people in the slums and how they treat them. Apparently that is why a lot of them riot. I'd never do it though. I heard if you riot and are caught you'll get killed and I don't want to die. And Carter is a good guy from the military. He wouldn't hurt anyone and you're good, so if there are two good military people, there must be more, right?" She explained.

Adelaide didn't leave after what Max admitted to. She stayed seated right next to him. She knew that a lot of people were blind to the bad things that happened in the military. Carter had been blind to them at one point to, until he was actually a part of it after training, then it was a real eye opener for him. She expected it was the same for Max, and anyway, he wasn't a part of the bad things so it was all okay.

---

"That would be nice, Tari but I can't. I need to help the military. I need to find my sister also. She's out there somewhere still and I need to go back and find her, make sure she's okay." He sighed.

Devon looked over at Carter. "If she's still out there..." He started.

"Don't even go there, Devon. Addie is alive. I know it." The boy said sharply as he started to open some food for the group.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:21 pm

OOC: Sorry for the long 'pause' - I'll make it up by posting more often.

Max sat silent for a few moments then glanced towards Adelaide who was still seated next to him. She wasn't looking towards him in shock nor was showing any other signs that she would abandon him now.

It probably was true, the military had been serving to protect people, something that once had been essential. But since the military started fighting against the people it was protecting, their use had expired. Scientifically the military had made many breakthroughs, but most of these in fields that further improved fighting. Max felt he was stretching the truth now in favor of Adelaide but still was surprised why he didn't think this way earlier.

Max moved closer to Adelaide, he wasn't sure what she would think but he thought it felt nice and perhaps she would experience it in the same way. He wasn't sure what to say or do at this point, but it felt nice it didn't matter either right this moment. It was only a short moment though, William entered the room again as well as another person, probably Gabriel.

"Max, it is time to move to your new location, where you can start your work. Adelaide can join you there later if she wants." Max stood up and followed William, he looked back at Adelaide once before leaving the room, only Adelaide and Gabriel remained.

---

Tari looked at the food, it looked okay but her reluctance to eat it cold was showing on her face. "Why has your sister left? Or has she been captured." Tari asked, she heard about Carter's search too many times now and had grown curious.

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:02 am

Adelaide frowned as William and Gabriel came in and William ordered Max to leave, leaving the girl and the other male. She just stood there nervously, trying to think of what to say or do. She was worried about Max, wondering if they were telling the truth and taking him to the new location and not taking him elsewhere to kill him.

"You're not going to kill him, are you?" Adelaide immediately asked quietly before thinking about the tour Gabriel had said she could go on. She needed to find out how to escape and she needed to start now if she wanted to save Max. "Can you show me on that tour now?" She asked. "I'd like to see the place."

---

"Tari, eat the food." Carter told her, seeing her expression as he dug into his portion. "It won't kill you and it doesn't taste that bad." He added.

When she asked about his sister, he shook his head swallowing his food before answering. "No, I left her with her boss to keep her out of the rioting after the tattoo's. I wanted her to be safe and so I need to find them both to make sure she's okay." He explained.

OOC: It's okay, I don't mind :)

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Gabriel looked at Adelaide, he was wondering if she was willing to take that tour they discussed earlier. Adelaide asking whether they were going to kill Max wasn't what he was expecting at all, he was finding the words to reply her with and stammered for a moment. William had asked him to gauge his abilities, if they were insufficient William would certainly clean things up, at best he would simply throw Max out in the open world where he would probably die anyhow, or he would be killed here. William was trying to be better then the military, but he was also fighting fire with fire, willingly.

"No, we just want him to help us, if he hasn't been lying to us everything will be alright." Gabriel wasn't sure what William was planning in the long run though. Adelaide seemed pleased with this answer and now asked about the tour, Gabriel immediately smiled. "Oh yes, of course. Follow me please."

Gabriel headed outside the building. "These are our headquarters really, I reckon William already mentioned we are fighting for our freedom. Not that we'll expect anything now the riots are going on, we are however preparing ourselves for the situation after that."

The tour of military buildings ended there, Gabriel however pointed out several houses, including his own. A few nearby farms, who where working only hard enough to supply their own community since everyone else was training for battle. "Although it is a big piece of land, most of it consists of fields, most now unused, we'll probably burn the rest of the fields later on to prevent enemies hiding inside of them."

Adelaide was kind as well as cute, Gabriel however felt unsure of her relation with Max. "If you want you can come by my place if you want, when you want a break from taking care for Max or anything."

---

Tari couldn't quite place the tattoo they were mentioning, she herself had none, but recalled that the girl who was with Max had a bandage on her wrist. She then suddenly remembered her name as well, Adelaide, she even mentioned her brother's name was Carter. Tari sat wide eyed for a moment, wondering why this hasn't gotten through to her before. She turned to Carter and silently asked "Is Addie short for Adelaide perhaps? You sent her to Max?"

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Sat May 01, 2010 7:27 am

Adelaide followed quietly as Gabriel gave the tour and she noted everything, only asking questions when she wanted to know what was in a certain direction. She remembered which way she'd come into the village by and so it was easy to pick out where the city was once she saw the exit. It was just a case of getting Max out and getting them to leave in that direction. It shouldn't be too hard, Addie thought.

When Gabriel showed Adelaide his home she thought about it, hesitating. "I can only go in when I can't spend time with Max, like now. Otherwise I'll be spending all the time I can with Max. He's my boss and I want to make sure he's safe. He's protecting me from everything and I want to make sure that he's okay." She told him, looking back in the direction of where Max was kept.

"When do you think I can go back and see him?" She asked, expecting to go back to him pretty soon. Adelaide didn't think that they might be trying to distract her from Max or anything in case they killed him, or for the fact that they hated the military but she was an innocent and so they wouldn't hurt her. She just figured Gabriel was giving her something to do while she couldn't see Max.

---

Carter stared at Tari as she mentioned his sister's name and her bosses name. "Yes... Why have you seem them?" He asked desperately, the look in his eyes desperately waited an answer from the girl in front of him. If he'd known she'd tried to kill his sister or attacked her, he probably would have thought twice about helping her. But he didn't know, and he was loyal to helping people, military or civilian.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Mon May 03, 2010 6:32 pm

Gabriel understood Adelaide wanted to make sure Max was alright, that she didn't want to spend any moment without him because he was her boss made no sense however. "Yes we can go to him now if you like. I'm not sure why you are dedicating yourself to a prisoner, someone who was just your boss." Gabriel said a bit annoyed, he had hoped she would show more interest in him. The lack of interest however felt as a challenge to Gabriel.

For now Gabriel better had headed back to Max, not only because Adelaide wished it but also because William had ordered it. "The new location where Max is held is secret, I'm afraid I'll have to blindfold you before I'm allowed to bring you there."

---

William had brought Max, blindfolded during their travel, towards a large room within the robotics storage area. The room was large and probably used as a dining hall earlier, only a few tables and chairs remained however and the extra space contained two mattresses and some blankets. On one of the tables two computer terminals were seated next to each other, Max noticed they were connected to each other but separated from anything else.

"You will be held here now, where you can also work with more comfort. You can also sleep here, with Adelaide if she desires." William told Max who was already looking at the terminal. "Gabriel will arrive soon, he will coordinate your work, verify it. There are guards stations around you and even though this room looks rather normal you won't be able to leave this building by simply opening a door, just in case you would be thinking of doing something funny."

---

Carter's gaze was upon Tari, awaiting an answer. Tari however was reluctant to say anything right now, her question had just slipped out as she made the connection between Adelaide and Carter, she had to think things through first. "Yes I have, but please let us get somewhere more safe before we discuss any of this."

Tari realized Carter might now assume she had bad news and rather told it when the situation wasn't as crucial as it is now, with enemies nearby. What if she told him they had been killed, perhaps it was even true by now. Although how would she know their names if they were killed, no she had to figure out something else. Carter would have a hard time persuading her to release any information right now.

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Tue May 04, 2010 5:21 am

Adelaide looked at Gabriel. "Because he's a nice guy. He's protected me from danger and my brother left me in his care because he's not a bad guy. He's not bad. Max wouldn't hurt anyone like you claim. Some of the military are nice people. I know a lot of nice people in the military. You're all out here judging them though and taking them prisoner not caring if they are bad or good. And my brother will come to help me and Max. I know he will." Adelaide told Gabriel, firmly believing that her brother would find Max and Addie if they didn't escape.

When Gabriel mentioned blindfolding her, Addie nervously spoke up, not sure if she should be commenting, but she wanted to see where they were going. "So I'm being treated like a prisoner to and not allowed to see either?" She asked, glaring at Gabriel. "I don't think that's fair. I can be trusted, unless I'm actually a prisoner as well just you haven't told me."

---

Carter felt his stomach turn in fear as Tari wanted to dismiss the subject. Carter wasn't going to let that happen though. "Tari. Tell me, now." He growled, trying hard not to just grab the girl and use violence until she told. It was his sister out there. "What did this girl look like, and was she dead or alive when you saw her?" Carter knew that she could say dead and it could be a lie, but it could and would most likely be the truth if the girl told him his sister was dead. It was like an all out war back there and maybe Adelaide had tried to get to him and ended up killed. "Was she with Max when you saw her?" He added.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Thu May 06, 2010 5:29 pm

Gabriel looked at Adelaide in surprise for a few moments. "No don't get me wrong, no one is allowed where Max is now. But I thought you would enjoy to visit him, even with this small inconvenience on your part?" Gabriel then offered Adelaide the blindfold, if she would refuse she simply could stay here after all.

---

Max had quickly acquainted himself with the computer systems and recognized them as an old but functional platform to create neural networks. It didn't give him any insight in what they were planning to do, but judging by the capacity of these systems, it would be relatively simple and hopefully harmless as well.

On top of that there was no base system to work with either, enough general networks have been created that can be modified to suit more specific needs. Actually Max could perhaps acquire a few from the Military network using his PDA and a connection, if William would allow him the work would speed up considerably. For now he was just waiting for Gabriel to arrive, who would give him orders what to build.

Max hoped Adelaide would be with him again, each time as they were separated from each other Max was afraid they would stop being nice to her, capture her as well, then force him to do whatever they wanted. Even though they were already forcing him now and he never had a reason to cease cooperating; Max feared this would change.

---

Tari remained silent as Carter continued to ask questions, she just looked down at the ground, thinking of what to say. Carter was pushing hard and Tari feared he would do something to her if she wouldn't answer. "Please don't hurt me." She figured she better start at the beginning. "Your sister has dark-blond hair, thin and small frame."

Tari paused for a long moment now before continuing. "I was residing in the same apartment building as they were, the military officer I was living with had been killed in the riots. The assaulters didn't notice me and when they left I went to find, anyone." Her voice was now carrying a painful sorrow, she rested her head in her arms and composed herself. "Then I found them and hoped I could stay, Adelaide especially was kind, Max however was not I found out."

"I'm not sure what was going on, but Adelaide did everything Max asked of her. I just hope he didn't ask the same things of her that he did of me. He said he wanted me, my body I mean, and when I refused he wasn't kind at all. I'm sorry Carter.. But I simply left them both, left your sister with him." Tari looked away from Carter, not wanting to face him right now. She truly felt bad for lying to him, but saw no other solution.

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Fri May 07, 2010 7:31 am

Adelaide sighed but finally took the blindfold. She wanted to see Max, she really did. But if she put on the blindfold herself, maybe she could cheat and see where she was going, or at least be able to make a map in her mind of where she was going. Adelaide had heard/read of people making maps in their minds to find their way after being blindfolded, maybe she could do the same. She wasn't sure she'd have a good memory for that, but at least she could try and see.

Putting on the blindfold, she tied the material around her head and tried to find a way of seeing through it. It didn't work though, there was no way she could see through it, nor leave it half off of her eye without Gabriel seeing.

---

Carter couldn't keep the rage off of his face as he listened to Tari's words. It wasn't aimed at her though, it was aimed at Max. When he got a hold of that guy... He shouldn't have let Adelaide near him. He knew that it was too good to be true. The man wanted sexual favours from his sister, not to keep her safe. Once Tari had finished, Carter just got up and stalked off, to angry to stay where he was and he needed to calm down.

"You better just leave him to calm down for a few minutes." Devon told Tari. "He cares a lot for his sister. To hear that hurts him a lot and he put his sister in Max's care. Just eat up and give him time to calm down."

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Tue May 11, 2010 2:33 am

Gabriel felt a little disappointed that he had managed to persuade Adelaide to take the blindfold so she could visit Max, her remaining here didn't sound bad to him since she was the only new and interesting thing around here. After she had tied the blindfold on he moved his hand in front of her face, and visually checked if she had tied it on properly. William probably would've preferred it if Adelaide also would be handcuffed to prevent any tricks, but that would basically make her a prisoner as Adelaide had stated.

"Okay let us move to the car, this part isn't secret but it won't take long." Gabriel joked as he grabbed Adelaide's right shoulder with his left hand. "I'll guide you there." Since they were simply able to walk on the road it was an easy and short trip to the car. Gabriel opened the door for Adelaide, wondering how he could get her in there. "Oh this will be awkward, ah just stand like this." Gabriel gently rotated Adelaide so she was facing away from the car, then placed a hand on her head. "Now sit down slowly, keep your head low though. I'll prevent you from bumping it." Once she was seated sideways, it was easy to get her turned forward after which Gabriel seated himself and started the car.

The trip started smooth, as they were driving over one of the main roads, there basically was no traffic on it so Gabriel was going a good sixty miles an hour. Towards the end however, after driving for about ten minutes, they weren't on a road anymore and were driving a lot slower, making more turns and bumping through holes. Then Gabriel stopped the car. "We are there, keep the blindfold on a little longer though, I'll walk you inside to where Max is." Gabriel got out and helped Adelaide out of the car as well, again he guided her as they walked which was slightly harder to do on the grass.

After a short walk they entered the large bunker like storage area, their footing changed from grass to concrete and due to the large size of the room their footsteps echoed through. After walking a surprising amount of time Gabriel guided Adelaide through a curtain, they entered an area inside the storage where the facilities were located, although sight towards the actual storage bay was prevented by a simple makeshift wall. "You can take the blindfold off now. I hope you don't truly feel like a prisoner Adelaide, I can understand if you do though. But perhaps if you would forgo visiting Max you would see things from a more neutral perspective."

"Max is right through that door." Gabriel pointed to a door where a guard was standing, at the curtain where Adelaide had entered through was another guard. "I'll be there shortly as well, so Max can start his work."

---

Tari felt fear throughout as she saw Carter's rage, even though he had bought her story the anger was in truth directed to her. Carter suddenly stood up and moved away, perhaps unsure where he would channel that rage, yet Tari felt the need to know Carter still liked her. "Carter?"

Devon answered instead and told her to leave him alone for a while and to eat something. Tari looked at her food as if it would eat her instead, in truth she was nearly crying, she wanted to be with Carter without lies between them but now he was angry at her really and lies would be the only thing that could keep them together. After a little while she carefully started to eat the stuff. "I hope Carter will be alright though, he could be seen. He seemed really angry, he might not be thinking straight."

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Tue May 11, 2010 4:57 am

Adelaide was upset by how she was treated. She didn't like it at all. She didn't like the blindfold or the fact that she couldn't see Max all the time. She hated the fact that Max was a prisoner. She tried to figure out the way and keep it in her head as they walked, then went in a car, but she got distracted, thinking about Max. Max hadn't done anything bad, and until he did, her loyalty to him wouldn't disappear and she made this clear when they were inside and the blindfold came off.

"Max isn't bad and I will see him. He's my boss and my friend. He looks after me. And now that he's a prisoner someone has to look after him because you guys won't. If I wasn't there you'd kill him. I'm going to look after him because he's the good guy. The bad military people are still fighting. They're the ones that should be prisoners, not Max." She frowned, standing her ground.

When Gabriel pointed to the door Adelaide simply turned and walked, waiting for the guard to let her in before searching for Max and running over to him to make sure he was okay and not hurt. "I had a look around the place." She told him, making sure no one else was inside. "I think I know where we came into the town from as I wasn't blindfolded then, but I was blindfolded here so I don't really know the way out. I was thinking about trying to get hold of a gun at one point so I can give it to you and we can get out that way." Addie told him, trying to formulate a plan for them to get out of here.

---

"He isn't mad at you, Tari." Devon stated, staring off into the dark at the direction Carter had gone. "He's mad at himself for letting Adelaide go with Max. He didn't look closely into it. Addie was excited about working for one person and he'd being nice to her. On her first day she got a contract and signed it. Carter was promoted and the tattoo system was put in place so he didn't have time to check things out, he just had to try and do what was right. Now he's angry at himself."

Carter stalked off quietly, listening for anyone that might be intruding on the area. He had his gun out and ready to shoot at any sign of noise. He was angry, furious at the situation. He didn't know which way to go. He wanted to help Tari but rush back for his sister who he didn't even know if she was alive or in the city anymore. It was a mess. Carter should have taken her somewhere safe himself, or he should have got someone he knew and trusted to do it.

Finally, after a couple of hours of raging through the woods, he headed back to the clearing. In the two hours that he'd being gone, he hadn't gone far and made sure he knew his way back. He didn't feel any better but his initial rage had gone. He stalked back into the camp and sat himself down, grabbing his food to eat silently.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Fri May 14, 2010 2:11 pm

Max looked up from the terminal as he heard someone entering the door, when he noticed it was Adelaide he smiled, glad to see she was unharmed. Adelaide seemed to have been busy and explained what she had discovered. "I was blindfolded as well on my way here, I think there will be plenty of tire tracks on the grass-land to guide us out. Once on the road we'll find our way I hope. What worries me is that we don't know in what kind of building we are, or how to get outside." Max brushed his hand through his beard as he was thinking.

Adelaide also mentioned obtaining a gun, which could be useful but only when they had an escape opportunity. Max also remembered Adelaide wasn't too fond of guns, the last time he offered her one she reacted strongly to it. "I'm not saying a gun won't be useful, but are you sure you can pull that off, without being detected?"

"If we would make it out, we could use some sleeping gear and food." Max pointed to the mattresses that have been placed in this room. "These will be to big to bring along, perhaps you can obtain our old gear, might be a good hiding place for a gun too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gabriel was quite moved by Adelaide's feelings towards Max, and since she believed him to be one of the good guys perhaps it was true. William should perhaps treat this man differently.

"Does it matter whether he aids us as prisoner or as a free man, the latter brings risks. What worries me more is that you are so easily swayed to believe he is innocent. Did they already ask you to have a picnic outside as well?" William said sternly, Gabriel seemed to have his head in the clouds again.

"I suppose you are right, but if he aids us as a free man he might continue to aid us in other matters. Perhaps we could return his freedom after he completed his tasks."

"Are you mad! The risk that he informs the military about what we are planning is too high, Max will probably find out what we are planning the closer we get to finishing it. He might even start to refuse by then." William thought about Adelaide, if Max refused she would pay the price, once that happens she'll become a prisoner as well. "Make sure to keep an eye on Adelaide while she is roaming around, she luckily tends to stay with Max."

Gabriel nodded, instead of gaining a bit more freedom for Max it seems Adelaide just lost a little. "Why do you want to keep an eye on Adelaide, she's one of us."

William didn't want to enlighten Gabriel with the full story just yet. "Everyone trusts her, therefor I cannot. She is new here after all and poses a threat as well."

Gabriel nodded. "Better to be safe then sorry. I'll head to Max and start our work."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tari was glad to see Carter was safe and had returned, she had been fearing he had abandoned her, perhaps because that is what he should have done, she had caused this after all. Tari had wanted to be with Carter for real, without lies, but that seemed impossible now. She still wanted to be with him and with some luck they would never find Adelaide, alive at least, Carter might grow more towards Tari as a result.

Tari slowly approached Carter as he sat eating, now she had decided to use lies again instead of the truth she felt as if she had lost something. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't aware... Perhaps I didn't deserve to be saved, yet you did. Adelaide however deserves to be saved yet I didn't. Perhaps it isn't as we think though, wouldn't she run as well if he did?" Tari suddenly realized it took Carter two hours to cool down, as soon as he had returned she had started to poke around again, even if it was to comfort him.

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Sun May 16, 2010 6:35 am

Adelaide hated guns. It was true. She tried to avoid them at all costs but in this situation it was the only way she could see an out. If she could sneak a gun in here for Max then he could shoot the guards and they could get out, picking up their guns on the way. Everyone saw Max as the bad guy, but Adelaide only saw them as the bad guys. The longer they were here the badder they become. Adelaide was smart, she'd just never shown it. Her brother and mother had sheltered her from the truth of the army as much as they could, but she knew the horrid truths. And she knew that sometimes bad things had to be done to survive. Adelaide saw this as one bad thing that had to be done to get them free.

"I can get a gun." She told him, though her whole body showed her fear about it, her eyes showed determination. She wanted to get it and get them out of here. "I can find a hiding place for everything of ours to. It's at William's house. I can do this."

---

Carter frowned as Tari started talking about Adelaide again. He didn't want to just go and save her. "No." He muttered, the anger still in his voice. "She won't just run. She'll be too scared and he'll probably have threatened her. It's a good thing you ran, Tari. I just wish Addie would do the same." He shook his head. "I'm going to kill him when I get my hands on him. If he's around her when I find her, he's a dead man."

"That's not the wisest thing..." Devon started. "What if he hasn't touched her?"

"I don't care. I trusted him." He growled. "She trusted him."

"Before you do anything, if we find them, we'll see what's going on." Devon told him. "I don't want a dead man on my conscious, especially if it's an innocent dead man."

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Thu May 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Max saw Adelaide was very determined to get out of here, even though it scared her. Or actually she was determined to get him out of here, since she would be able to escape alone easily. It was still slightly awkward to Max she was basically protecting him now, but he was in need of it. The determination she held know made her seem strong, no longer naive, everything she did was well thought out too. Max had been afraid before he might have taken a liking towards Adelaide because of her naïvety and obedience, but right now he felt even more attracted to her.

"I'm glad you are with me Adelaide, you are doing very good work too, the best assistance I ever had." Max smiled as he recalled their first day briefly, it immediately saddened him as well. "I haven't given you my gun before, so I never explained them. You probably already know this but all guns have a safety mechanism, if that's active you can't shoot with it." Max continued to explain how to check whether the safety was on and how to activate it. He hoped this bit of info might make her more relaxed, less worried.

Max and Adelaide were eventually interrupted by a knock on the door, the person entered straight after. Gabriel briefly looked at Adelaide before addressing Max "I have your first assignment, to test your abilities we want you to create a simple A.I. that will be able to communicate and reply more or less coherently, coherently as what is expected within the short time you'll have to create it that is. Which is till tomorrow twelve-hundred hours."

Max nodded as he moved towards one of the consoles. "Alright I can do that." He looked away from Gabriel and started to type.

Gabriel moved behind Max to watch for several minutes, till he nodded. "Yes it seems you can, but let's not speak too early of course." Gabriel looked to Adelaide now. "Max can't really use distractions right now, but I suppose asking you to come along with me back to the village center won't convince you to leave would it?"

Tari felt relieved when Carter said he would kill Max, everything would be alright. If Adelaide would be alive still she would probably protest, but she had been abused by Max for so long she would be a bit confused. Devon however was more skeptical to Tari's annoyance. Tari wanted to provoke Carter further in her advantage, but it probably would raise suspicion with Devon. Instead she rested her hand on Carter's shoulder, she remained silent but wanted to show Carter she supported him.

Soon after Tari moved to Devon, he started to become a risk. "I didn't want to say this with Carter listening and I suppose I cannot be certain. But it would only surprise me if that guy had not done to Adelaide as he attempted to do with me." Tari started at Devon for a few moments, mouthing words but not producing sound. "I... Do you think we can move out again, the state Carter is in right now?"

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Thu May 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Adelaide nodded, listening to what Max had to say about guns. He was explaining the importance of the safety and how to use the gun, though she was planning on hiding it on her, if she could find one. She was hoping that all their things that were at William's were still there, and that the spare gun was still in the one bag. Adelaide had known that Max had put it in one of the bags but she wasn't sure if William and everyone had searched them at any point. Adelaide wasn't sure if they had done or not as she hadn't been with her things all the time.

When Gabriel came in, Adelaide quickly fell silent and just watched as Max got on with his assignment. If she weren't around, Adelaide knew that Max wouldn't cooperate and she knew that it was to keep her safe as to why he was doing this. Addie felt slightly bad that he was being made to do things and it just wanted to make her help Max even more. So, when Gabriel suggested leaving, Adelaide sighed and nodded.

"Sure." She told him. "I'll leave him to work and come back later." It was as good a time as any to hunt for a gun.

---

"He might not have asked her to do anything. We'll have to wait until we find them." Devon told her, standing his ground on the subject. "Unless Adelaide told you directly what was going on, which she hasn't, then we don't know and I'm not killing, or letting Carter kill when we don't have all the facts." He continued. "It's not right."

Carter was ready to move. Still angry he wanted to take Tari to the safe location and then go and hunt for his sister. He didn't care about anything else. He just wanted to find Adelaide and kill Max. "Let's move."

"Not while you are angry, Carter. It'll be no good. Let's just sleep here and continue in the morning." Devon suggested.

As much as Carter didn't want to, he just nodded his head in agreement and sat himself back down in frustration. Devon was right.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!