Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

In The Year 2245 [IC]

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: In The Year 2245 [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Sat May 22, 2010 9:17 am

Gabriel went outside with Adelaide, he turned to her as he stood before the curtains that shielded their vision towards the rest of the area. "Glad to see you changed your mind, you wouldn't be able to assist him right now anyhow. Unfortunately I'll have to blindfold you again so we can leave, you still have it right?"

As they were driving away from the storage area where Max was held Gabriel looked at Adelaide, still blindfolded. She seemed less willing to hang out with Max all the time, perhaps it was time to cut her some slack. "You can take the blindfold off, we are far enough." Ahead of them only farmlands, barns and silos were visible.

"If you'd like we could visit a cafe so you can get to know some more people, might be a bit busy though at this time, or we can have a few drinks at my place." Gabiel figured her to be more the type for the latter and hoped she would indeed would share a few drinks with him, he was still wondering where her devotion to Max came from which made her an interesting puzzle. Apart from that he didn't particulary like Adelaide, but since he had to keep an eye on her anyway he might as well have some fun with her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tari grew further annoyed with Devon as he remained skeptical about Max's actions, ofcourse she kept this hidden. Since Carter had needed two hours to cool off and still wasn't Devon had decided they would spend their night here and Carter had agreed.

As Tari was staring up in the sky she recalled her sleepless night while she was captured, right now their only separation from others were the little remains of what was once a building. Perhaps it kept them out of sight, but nothing else, instead of the sky she was now watching around nervously, keeping herself as small as she could, checking for signs of distant camps, fires, gunfights or anything. Everything seemed okay, yet she didn't feel okay at all. Once fear had gotten a hold on her it only became worse, she only knew one place to go, Carter.

Although Carter had agreed to sleep he still was just sitting, the thought that she had tried to get rid of his sister and yet she tried to seek comfort by him filled Tari with enough shame to prevent her seeking comfort and for a long time she just stared at Carter from a distance. Although she felt safe looking at Carter, knowing he was nearby she didn't want to fall asleep alone, be alone. They even had slept together before, why would this be any different, Tari slowly moved herself towards Carter, as he looked at her approaching she stopped however. "Carter your sister is alive, and Max is taking good care of her. It was me who harmed her, but I like you lots; that makes it okay right?" Tari thought as she looked Carter in his eyes. She wanted to explain it to him so he wouldn't blame himself anymore, but she never got further then "Carter...", she couldn't find anything to tell him, tears rolling out of her eyes.
Last edited by Aicop on Wed May 26, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aicop
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Sat May 22, 2010 11:00 am

When Gabriel said she could take the blindfold off she did and she didn't hesitate to look around for things that she could recognise so her and Max could escape, but it was hard as it was dark. Addie wasn't going to let them hurt Max. He'd protected her and she was going to do the same to him. She liked him - a lot. She didn't know how to explain the sudden feelings towards the man but she felt something and thought it had to do with the fact that she felt protected with him.

"I'll come for a few drinks at yours." She finally said. She didn't like crowds of people and preferred to only be with one or two people. Adelaide thought she'd be safe enough with Gabriel and that she'd be back later in the night and sleeping next to Max. She didn't think Gabriel would hurt her in any way and that way she could look for a gun at his as well. She needed a gun. That was the goal of going to his house.

---

Carter looked up as Tari spoke his name. He'd been glancing at Devon who'd settled down for the night and was most likely asleep. Devon had always being a sound sleeper and so he didn't think anything would disturb him. He soon saw her tears though, the moonlight that shone down and gave light to the darkness caught them and he immediately grabbed her hand and pulled her to him.

"Shhhh, there's nothing to be scared about." He told her, assuming it was fear. Adelaide would have been terrified in her position and relating what his sister would have felt in this situation was easy to do and so he just assumed the same with Tari. "I'm protecting us. If you feel better you can sleep next to me." He told her, though he planned to stay watch for half the night before waking up Devon to swap shifts, something they did regularly in the military and both boys were used to it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Wed May 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Gabriel felt a bit of satisfaction as Adelaide indeed preferred having a drink at his place, he had guessed right. Yet he was still curious about her feelings towards Max, in their previous conversations she mentioned protection, she also mentioned Max wasn't bad like others of the military. Gabriel thought he would be able to pull that off.

After Gabriel dimmed the lights of the car after they had arrived there was nothing to navigate on except for the moonlight. Gabriel got out of the car and helped Adelaide out and walked her to the entrance of his house, after he unlocked the door he turned on the lights so they could finally see clear again.

"I didn't realize it was this late already, well come in and have a seat." Gabriel motioned to a living area where a bench and a chair were present. Gabriel then removed his gun from his holster, then undid the holster as well, he moved to another room and returned without them.

Gabriel moved to a nearby cabinet and opened it, inside were several bottles with different types of liquor, he peered at it for a few moments as if deciding before asking. "What would you like to drink Adelaide?" In case she didn't want alcohol he had some alternatives.

After both of them had seated themselves and Gabriel finished a few glasses of whiskey he felt bold enough to test his theory. "I admire your strength, to take care of Max in this situation. It probably would be a lot easier on you if you forgot about him, yet you want to do the right thing. I want to do the right thing as well Adelaide, I know you could use some help and I'm willing to give it, all you need to do is ask."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tari flinched for a moment as Carter took her hand, afraid he knew something was wrong and wanted to demand answers from her, instead Carter took her within his arms and told her she had nothing to fear since he was protecting her and that she could sleep next to him. Although Carter was doing everything Tari wanted, he all did it because she had lied and although she wanted to feel bad about that it was easily forgotten now, and her tears stopped.

Carter was so good to her and she enjoyed it, no matter what the cost was she had to ensure she could stay with him. The feelings she felt for him were worth anything, but how long would he stay with her even with the lies?

"Hey Carter." Tari whispered as she was laying besides Carter. "Would you prefer it if Devon took me to the camp alone?"

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Thu May 27, 2010 2:42 am

Adelaide looked around as she entered the house, but she couldn't help but keep her attention of the room that Gabriel stored his gun. Maybe he'd have a spare one that she could take without his suspicion because if she found and took his one there would be no place to hide it and he'd suspect her straight away once he noticed it gone.

"I'll just have a water." She announced once he was looking at what to drink. Addie had never tried alcohol before, but then again she'd never been offered it. She normally just had water and she was happy with that.

She watched as Gabriel downed a few whiskey's before talking again and she was surprised when he offered help. Adelaide was too trusting and she knew that Max had told her to befriend someone here that would possibly help them. Adelaide also knew that she could get in trouble if she accepted. She was now torn. "You would help me get Max free and make William see that he doesn't need to be a prisoner?" She asked carefully, not wanting to give the impression that they were trying to escape.

---

Carter looked down at Tari as she slowly stopped crying before settling down to sleep by his side. When she posed the question he stayed silent for a minute or so more, thinking about it. "Not really," he started. "I need to have a rest from fighting and a plan to go back with. Devon is the one that can help me find Adelaide and it would put my mind at rest seeing you safe and taking you there myself." He told her.

"I know Devon would keep you safe. He's a good man but I'd just prefer to see it myself." He said after thinking about it for a little while longer. He'd also grown a soft spot for Tari over the last couple of days and wanted to do everything he could that was in his power to keep her safe and protected. "Why do you ask?"

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Sun May 30, 2010 5:56 am

"Well I doubt William will release Max before he has finished his tasks. I just simply don't know what will happen with him afterwards truth be told." Gabriel took another sip of his whiskey, this was working out well so far.

"I know you are angry with us for capturing Max, but you as well understand they have been oppressing us. You say Max is different, if that is so perhaps he can willingly assist us with this assignment. Same goes for you, show some more interest into our goals, we can work together."

"I don't want to keep you from finding your sister." In truth Tari wanted Carter to stay with her and forget about his sister entirely. She hoped Devon was crucial to finding her, but it didn't sound like he was. Carter also was persistent enough that he probably would continue without Devon, crucial or not.

Not knowing what to do next, Tari simply gave up pondering about it and enjoyed being next to Carter. She closed her eyes and drifted away.

"Tari... Tari!"

Tari heard a voice calling her, she looked up and saw Devon hovering above her. She quickly looked around her and saw she was elsewhere, alone with Devon.

"I know the truth now, and I will tell Carter. He cares to much to do what is required, so I'll do it for him, I'll simply will leave you here. Leave you to raiders or animals, or even for the sun." Devon said before he vanished.

Tari was alone, she tried to stand but she suddenly noticed she was tied with a rope. She tried to escape but the more she tried the stronger the rope became. As she looked around she now noticed Carter standing in the distance, he looked angry, angry at her.

"Carter! I'm sorry. Please free me." Tari begged, she had disappointed Carter and she wanted to make it right again. Carter however walked away and another man came walking to her, the man Carter had saved her from.

"Carter! Carter! Please help me. I'm so sorry!" The man came closer and Carter just kept moving away, Tari screamed louder as she felt panic overwhelm her.

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Sun May 30, 2010 6:17 am

Adelaide thought about it and frowned. "I'll help and get interested in your goals when Max isn't a prisoner no more and is allowed to help or not help at his own free will and with the promise that no one will hurt or kill him." She told Gabriel. "I'm not going to help if Max is going to stay a prisoner. He's done nothing wrong. He's done no bad in the military. He wasn't one that beat people or sentenced people to death, he just did his job in research. He shouldn't be sentenced to death for that. And I know that William wants him dead if he can't help and if he dies I'll never help or forgive anyone here. If Max dies you're all just as bad as the military. It's not right to take other peoples lives into your own hands." Something in Adelaide just seemed to snap and for a moment all innocence and naivety had gone and she spoke her mind.

---

Carter swapped shifts with Devon a couple of hours later. It was approaching close to Midnight now and Tari seemed to be sleeping. Carter moved away from Tari for a bit to sort himself out before going to bed himself while Devon kept watch. It wasn't long later that Tari seemed to toss and turn in her sleep and he could here her mumbling something.

At the same time Devon saw some lights. It seemed that there were people around looking for something. "Shit." He muttered glancing at Tari. She looked distressed in her sleep and suddenly she screamed out. "SHIT!" Devon growled, moving over her and covering her mouth to end the sound as he pressed himself over her body. Carter was asleep, dead to the world as he'd had lack of sleep the last few days.

"Did yer hear that scream?" A male spoke to someone.

"Yeah, I did. It came from that way?" Came the reply. Another male.

"Should we go check it out?"

"Nah, probably another gang that have got their hands on a girl. We're too late and they won't let us join in the fun. Could be the military for all we know. I don't want to get involved and killed with them."

A few minutes later they turned away and left the scene. Devon sighed with relief and looked down at Tari to see if she was awake or not.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Gabriel hadn't expected Adelaide to suddenly cut to to chase like this, neither had he expected her to be smart enough to refuse unless Max would be freed first. On top of that he didn't think it would be possible to trick Adelaide into a position where she would help them, unless they would free Max. William however was sure, and had made this very clear to Gabriel, that Max was not to find out that he was programming robots for their use or he would almost certainly refuse further cooperation, so freeing him wasn't an option.

After taking a last sip of his whiskey Gabriel looked at Adelaide, her acting like this had made him lose the interest he had in her. "You are a smart girl, but we can't free Max yet, there is simply too much at stake. Well this was fun, but I'm going to sleep. I Suggest you do the same."

Tari felt the man's body pressing against hers, she tried to scream even more, the last time Carter heard them and had saved her, but she couldn't exhale through her mouth. Tari opened her eyes and as she struggled to breathe through her nose, the man was pushing his hand down on her mouth. Panicking again Tari tried to kick, at anything, but the man was stronger and she couldn't do anything.

After giving up the struggle Tari looked hopeless to her assailant and now recognized him, it was Devon. He had found out the truth and had informed Carter then abandoned her, why did he return? Devon slowly released the pressure allowing Tari more freedom. "Devon, why did you... return?" As Tari posed the question she wondered how it was possible she was attacked by the man Carter had shot, but now was looking at Devon. Slowly but more swiftly she realized what was real and what hadn't been.

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Adelaide wanted to go back to Max and felt a pang of guilt at the fact that she wasn't going to return to him tonight. "Can I have the bed alone?" She asked, wondering if it had been the same room that Gabriel had been in earlier to deposit his gun. She also felt bad for snapping at him and frowned a little. "I didn't mean to snap and get defensive. Just I don't get why Max has to be a prisoner." She told him. "If I agree to show more interest will it help Max?" She asked Gabriel, now concerned that she was making things worse by snapping at the man in front of her.

---

"Shhh." Devon growled under his breath listening for anyone.

Nothing.

Finally Carter crept over and came to check Tari out. "Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"What do you mean why did I come back?" Devon questioned. "I've been here all along watching..."

"Tari's being through a lot Dev. It was probably a nightmare. You know Addie had them a lot." He told his friend.

"Yea, I remember." He mumbled.

Carter looked at Tari before lying down next to her. "Come on. Try and get back to sleep. There is still some time left to rest before morning." He said as he wrapped his arms around her hoping it would put her at ease and she'd feel safe and protected.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aicop on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:44 pm

"Yes it will, especially if you can influence Max to do the same." Gabriel felt the effects of the alcohol, now the discussion with Adelaide was over he only felt tired.

Adelaide requested whether she could use the bed. "Ah, can't you ... No right it's way too late for that now, wouldn't want to wake William or Helena." After pondering for a moment Gabriel continued. "Yes of course, I've invited you after all." Gabriel pointed towards the area he had disappeared earlier as he settled himself on the couch. "It shouldn't be hard to find, on the left is the bathroom and straight ahead is the bedroom." On the right was also a storage room, but it only contained junk.

Max had made good progress with the interactive program, one that would be able to learn simple language constructs simply by someone communicating with it. It was stupid for human standards but pretty nifty in design actually. Max wished he could just get this all over with, he would work non-stop if that was required to get Adelaide and himself out of here. He was caring less and less about what they were doing and more about getting it over with.

Adelaide however was looking for a way out. Max couldn't stop thinking about her as he tried to sleep, he had gotten used to having her around and know he didn't even know whether she was safe or not. Perhaps with the war raging this was actually the safest place to be.

Tari was relieved to see Carter was still present, and asking about her state. "I'm okay now." Tari felt annoyed as Devon started to ask questions, but was relieved as Carter answered them for her.

Carter even comforted her by holding her as he urged her to go back to sleep. "Okay... Thanks Carter." this time Tari had more pleasant dreams.

Aicop
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BehindMyMask on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:09 am

Addie disappeared into the room and went to lie on the bed. She waited in bed until she was sure that Gabriel was asleep and formed a plan together. She knew what she was going to do and she wasn't going to stay all night at his place. She was going to sneak the gun and go to Max, or at least find out where Max was and then go and find a hiding place. Addie need to do it.

Getting up when she was sure Gabriel was asleep, she hunted through his room until she found a gun. She wasn't sure if it was his or a spare one, but she took it and then quietly left the confinements of his building. It was late and she would find Max and help him get out. Shaking her head she looked back at Gabriel's house before starting to run, her eyes adjusting to the dark as she tried to remember the way back to where Max was, hiding the gun under her clothes.

If she was caught she'd have a good story to tell as cover.

---

Carter let Tari fall asleep before looking at Devon, a little angry. "Don't lay into her. She's scared and has being through a lot." He sighed.

"I still think she's hiding something." Devon replied.

"Quiet. I don't want to hear it." He stated. Not long later Carter was asleep again while Devon kept watch and also watched Devon curled up and holding onto Tari.

BehindMyMask
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!