So they called it Summer Camp

Topic Tags:

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Postby Fallen on Fri May 15, 2009 10:44 am

OOC/Profiles

She stepped slowly out of the car, waving to someone inside, then shutting the door softly. Her white dress was caught by the warm breeze and flowed to the side, hugging the left side of her hips. She was still, eyes wide, as if a child just born and experiencing the world. Her eyes seemed to be smiling. On her feet were large black boots, that though did not match her outfit seemed to suit her in some way. Upon looking closer, an interesting tattoo can be seen on her side, it was no picture, so one could not be sure what it was. Finally, she started walking towards the camp ahead of her.

Shae smiled. In all her high school years she had never been to summer camp. Her father had always kept her home in fears she might not meet anyone; just like school. Walking through the log gates of the camp she sighed. The camp looked beautiful, or it did to Shae. There were log cabins extended in a line on the left side, surrounded by plant life of all kinds, with a lake in view. To her right was one larger building, reading Cafeteria. And possibly, possibly there was a showering area? Shae blushed slightly at the open area. In the middle were some benches, and Shae sat down. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to wait for someone, because she didn't see any other campers yet. Perhaps the instructers were inside of one of the cabins? Shae told herself she would just wait.

Shae closed her eyes and leaned back on the bench, her head facing the sky. It was scorching outside, perhaps over the hundreds, but the sun still felt good. Maybe she needed sun, she was extremely pale. But her father had once told her as a child she never tanned, she just burned. Shae took of her winged back pack and put it in her lap. I wonder who else will be here... She thought to herself.
Fallen
Member for 6 years

Re: So they called it Summer Camp

Postby jakelovesyuna on Fri May 15, 2009 11:05 am

Jake was sitting in his mums car as she drove up towards the camp.Jake sat in the back with wires everywhere.Jake was still finishing off his homemade Laptop.He smiled as he nearly finished it."You know mum,this camp is going to give me time to finish this project off,the peace and quiet should allow me to get it done,then i can treasure it forever!" Jake saw that they were getting close.Jake pulled his Red bag with the word 'Yuna' printed on it,and stuffed the nearly finshed laptop in along with bundle after bundle of Copper wiring.Jake then sealed the bag and watched the car pull up to the sunny camp.Jake said goodbye to his mum and got out of the car.

Jake looked at the camp.It was nice and green,a lot of cabins..And a open area.Jake saw that there was a girl sitting on a bench.Jake ignored her and concentrated on actually doing something correct.He was trying to think of what he needed to do next.He had himself no idea,maybe that girl would know.But jake hated asking people.So Jake just stood near the entrance and stared around looking for any sign as to what to do next.
I asked my friend what he thought of my drawing, at this is what he said:Jake your drawings make Rukia's look like masterpieces
jakelovesyuna
Member for 5 years

Postby Tathos on Fri May 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Arten Fallicos sat at the welcome desk bored as the dead. He leaned on his elbow with his hand propped up against his cheek.
"Of course they put me here," he thought. "Of course they couldn't just leave me be and let me do my thing. Nooooo! We gotta make Arten sit at the boring-as-hell welcoming desk to help the kids sign up because he's got nothing better to do..."
Mocking the man in charge always gave Arten a little smile on his face, but what he had said to Arten was actually kinda true. Since Arten really didn't have a 'real' job to be supervising, they made him do all the stuff no one else wanted to do. Traditionally, the administrator was supposed to be here with him, but he had other 'important' things he needed to be doing. So, again, it was Arten's responsibility to watch the kids come in.
Sighing, Arten leaned back into the metal chair he was sitting on and stretched, lacing his fingers behind his neck. It had been a slow day already, but it just got worse where he was now.
Trying to occupy himself, he started snapping his fingers and creating sparks between them, a power he had 'drawn' from one of the other counselors at the camp. It was a small and minor power, but it kept Arten entertained as he started to use the sparks to create small flames on some of the useless papers on the booth. After that got old fast, he sighed again and looked around, seeing if any kids had shown up.
Arten furrowed his brow when he saw a few kids show up but just wander around. He laughed a little, wondering how they missed the big sign in the first place.
Tathos
Member for 5 years

Postby Purple Trims on Fri May 15, 2009 1:22 pm

"No." Mark said bluntly.

"Oh, come on. It won't be so bad," his mom tried speak in a convincing manner. "Besides, you've got no choice right now. I'm driving you there. End of story. And, oh, look. We're here!"

The young man looked out through the car's window. "Great." He muttered.

"Now you have fun there. It's a good change of pace, you know."

"Sure, mom." He grabbed his backpack and opened the door. "See you." He stepped out.

"Take care." His mom waved at him. He closed the door. The car drove off, not a single word more.

He turned around. So far, there are two students, who he assumed to have been there for the camp. He also saw the welcoming desk. He figured it'll be best if he check out the desk, first.

"Excuse me--" he started, but paused. He looked at the scorched papers on the desk. He decided that it was best to not ask. "Uh, this is the Evergreen summer camp, right? Do I sign up here?"
Purple Trims
Member for 5 years

Postby nightwolf on Fri May 15, 2009 2:09 pm

" ill see you when you get back" Chris's father said as a car pulled up to the camp. "Got your harness and everything? you may not need it y'know" He added giving Chris his bag.
"Yeah i know but i like having it any way it makes them comfortable, i'll see you later Dad" Chris said getting out of the car slowly.

Giving of a short wave as the car pulled away, Chris turned slightly looking around. The camp itself was really beautifull there was a few people there already some people there. Noticing a signing desk Chris walked over to where they had to sign up. Sniffing deeply his nose caughts all the different scents of the trees as they blew through the wind.
~There's only now, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss~ - RENT

~ If at first you don't succed, Destroy all evidence that you tried ~
nightwolf
Member for 6 years

Postby Fallen on Fri May 15, 2009 2:36 pm

Shae opened her eyes and noticed other people arriving. Because she was unsure where she was supposed to have gone, she followed them to a room which was named Welcome Desk, or something like that. She laughed inside. Smiling, she walked towards the man sitting quite bored at the desk, and stood next to the others. She was unsure of the next move she should make to communicate with this person, because her usual way of touching someone to communicate might offend someone who didn't know what was what she was doing. Turning slightly red, she opened her backpack and grabbed a small piece of paper with her personal information on it. Upon unfolding it, she placed it in front of the man and smiled warmly. She then had an idea, a childish one. She remembered the term see no evil and speak no evil and what not, so she tried to tell him. She covered her ears for a moment, and then her mouth. And tilted her head to the side. He would probably think she was goofing off, or being strange.
Fallen
Member for 6 years

Postby jakelovesyuna on Fri May 15, 2009 2:48 pm

Jake stood at the entrance and saw the others enter,not one actually speaking to him.He saw the sitting down girl,walk to the location the others had gone.Jake followed and saw the girl doing werid actions.It took a while to think why she was doing it,But Jake could not help but bully her,Afterall he wanted others to suffer the pain that he did when he was bullied at his abiltiy school.

"I see we have the mental camper"

Jake giggled and slowly walked towards her and the desk with a smirk on his face.Checking that he had his laptop in his secret compartment in his bag he walked up to the desk right next to the female,glaring at her.
jakelovesyuna
Member for 5 years

Postby nightwolf on Fri May 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Chris looked up from a paper he was writting some of him information as a girl walked in. Watching her curiously he watched as she tried to comunicate with the person on the front desk. She intruged him, he was a naturaly curious person he began to think how she comunicated with other people, did she use sign language or the simple form called Makaton. Cocking his head to the side slightly he watched her she seemed nice but he would have to talk..well try to comunicate with her. Chris new sign language it was something he wanted to learn as it entriged him and it was a skill that could be used in the future, he'd have to fine out for himself. Looking back down at the form he was filling in he placed the clipboard and the pen back on the desk.

His attention was then drew to another kid in the room.
nightwolf
Member for 6 years

Postby Fallen on Fri May 15, 2009 4:13 pm

Though she couldn't hear him, she could read in his body language that whatever he had just said wasn't too pleasant. And he was just staring at her, it was rude but she wasn't going to hold anything against him. She smiled and turned to the other boy next to her. He had just placed a clipboard down, and he looked a little more friendly than this other person. Taking a chance, though expecting to maybe be slapped, she touched the tips of her fingers to his cheeck and put in his mind these images. A piece of paper with the name Shae at the top. Followed by a quick flash of her, and then exactly what she was looking at at this moment, which was him, and she dropped her hand, waiting for some sort of response.
Fallen
Member for 6 years

Postby Tathos on Fri May 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Arten had basically fallen asleep from the boredness of just sitting at the welcome desk. There was no one one moment and then when he opened his eyes, there was a line. Shaking off his tiredness, Arten shook his head and nodded to the first person infront of him, saying. "There's some papers you need to fill out before going to your cabin. So...They're just right here."
Motioning to the table, Arten took three papers from three stacks and pushed them to the edge of the desk, letting the kid have them.
"The first one is your personal information, the second one is the rules of the camp, and the third one is a...Fun paper. Basically, you try to get as many people to sign it as you can. You know...It's one of those 'get to know you' type of activities. There's a prize for the one with the most names signed."
Yawning, he put a cup of pencils forward, letting the kid know it was able to use them at his leisure. Sighing, Arten tried to block out the overload of powers he was receiving, concentrating on trying to reverse the polarities he always had in his head. Although it rarely worked and he had just started trying, it seemed to be effective for the moment.
Hearing a cough, he opened his eyes and said, "Oh, by the way, my name is Arten Fallicos. I'm the anything-need-doing counselor, so...Hesitate to ask before coming to me with a problem."
Giving a nice smile, Arten motioned for the next child to come forward. He knew it was going to be a long day.
Tathos
Member for 5 years

Postby Purple Trims on Fri May 15, 2009 8:27 pm

"Alright. Thanks." Mark replied to the rather eccentric man, who had called himself Arten Fallicos. He grabbed all three papers, finding himself to be slightly curious about the "fun" paper. He grabbed a pencil and stepped aside to allow whoever it was behind him forward. He noticed another boy glaring at a girl, and another boy who was already filling out the form. As he craned his neck further, he saw that the boy's name was Chris, two years younger than him. He shrugged mentally to himself. The other boy (who is still glaring at the girl) looks to be far younger too, perhaps by three or four years. The girl, however, had an interesting hair color that he couldn't help but stare at for a while. A faint violet, framing a pale, seemingly graceful body. Yes, it was an interesting hair color to look at, but there is a form needing to be filled! He quickly looked away and skimmed through the form. Looks like an average form, nothing special. He quickly jotted down his details.

He looked around. Including him, there are only... four students. He decided to approach one of them. Anything to break the ice between them. No, wait. He almost forgot one more thing. He turned to Mr Fallicos, and asked, "Sorry to bother you again, but where's the cabin I'll be in?"
Purple Trims
Member for 5 years

Postby nightwolf on Sat May 16, 2009 5:25 am

Chris was taken by suprise as the girl who introduced herself as Shae touched him with her fingertips. Then he saw flashes of images revealing who she was, he was quite frankly amazed at what she could do and how she comunicated. Reaching down into his bag he pulled out a peice of paper and a pen. Scribiling down his name and then drawing a small pair of wings next to it. He didn't know what made him do that it seemed like a good idea. Turning the paper so that she could see he pointed to the name with the quite strange drawing of wings and then to himself. Smilling he waited for her response.
nightwolf
Member for 6 years

Postby Tathos on Sat May 16, 2009 10:46 am

Arten thought he was done with the boy infront of him, but he turned around and asked Arten what cabin he was in. Looking around on the desk he sat on, he started to shift papers around until he finally pulled out a large clipboard with campers' names and the rooms they were in.
"Ah, let me see. What's your name?"
Looking at the paper the boy had filled out partially, Arten learned that the boy's name was Marcus and followed the name on the list, saying,. "Mark, you are in cabin one. Lucky you. so, go ahead and put your stuff in the cabin and in a few hours, there will be an initiation from the director and the whole staff, which is mandatory that all campers be there. But, the information's all on the rules paper, so you'll know."
Shrugging, Arten looked at the boy. "Anything else?"
Suddenly, he lifted up his hand and shook it, blowing on it as he used his other hand to pat out a scorch mark he had put on the table accidentally. Arten cursed very ungentlemanly-like as he eyed one of the kids in the line infront of him. He knew who the power he had picked up was from, and he hated that he had lost control of his own power on accident.
Tathos
Member for 5 years

Postby jakelovesyuna on Sat May 16, 2009 11:06 am

Jake saw the forms and picked them up,signing them and the lookeing around seeing the sheet the man was talking about to the other boy."Oh great..an ice breaker! god i hate these!" Jake thought to himself.Jake sat on one of the benchs closet to him and he found a flaw in the competiton..and also the ultiamte cheating method,it was the person with the most Signatures,and if you ask someone for there it is courtesy to give yours back,this means they could be 2 or 4 winners...But Jake had a thought,what if you got others...but not give your own out,the balance is instantly disrupted..You have a guarrnted victory.Jake smirked as he sat on the bench,thinking about how perfect his plan was..But whether he did it or not,he was unsure...He hated talking to people..It was in his nature.
jakelovesyuna
Member for 5 years

Postby pixsidust2 on Sat May 16, 2009 1:22 pm

"Thank you" Delias said paying the cab driver as she got out of the cab. She waved to him as he drove off. He'd been fairly nice and talkative the entire long ride from the airport. She turned and looked around at the camp. It was beautiful, exactly what she'd imagined it would be. It was a good thing she'd brought her journal. She could already feel some amazing stories comming to her head. This place had scenery any writer would kill for. She smiled and picked up her suitcast watching as a few of the metalic stickers that covered it glittered in the sun. She walked over to the welcome desk to find a few people already there. She stood quietly against the back wall waiting patiently for her turn.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
pixsidust2
Member for 5 years

Postby WhispersofMe on Sat May 16, 2009 1:36 pm

Frankie dragged herself out of the car, pulling her white framed sunglasses over her eyes. She waved absently to her mother, heading in the direction of the camp, her backpack bouncing between her shoulder blades. She saw a sign telling her were she was supposed to go and headed there. She really had to change out of the tight jeans she was wearing, it was way too hot for them. She shrugged, the camp was pretty and green, she wasn't a very nature loving sort of girl but she liked the idea of quiet rather than the noise of people on the beach at four in the morning. She walked in and took up a spot next to a window to wait for her turn at the desk. She started daydreaming absently, thinking of how much she missed the guys in her regular high school before she found out she had powers and how she missed her friends, and her boyfriend, back in New Jersey. She sighed, her eyes focusing on a shadow in the corner, she twisted her fingers and let it distort, turning it into the silhouettes of each of her friends in turn, a small smile playing on her lips.
Molly: Screw you Cookie
Jimmy: Sorry Mols that's my job ^.^
WhispersofMe
Member for 6 years

Postby Purple Trims on Sat May 16, 2009 7:22 pm

"... But, the information's all on the rules paper, so you'll know."

Mark looked at the second piece of paper in his hands. Ah. That's right.

"Anything else?" Mr Fallicos asked. Right that instant, however, the man pulled his hand and shook it, as if trying to shake something off. He blew at his hand, patted the table, and uttered a cuss.

Mark looked at the man, then at the table, where Arten's hand continued to clap on, surrounded by pieces of scorched papers that he had seen when he first came in. In fact, one can almost detect the smell of burnt wood.

"Uh..." Mark started. He wanted to ask what just happened, but he wasn't sure how to word his question. He wasn't the best when it came to words. He decided to let it be. With a quick shrug, he quickly added the remaining details to the paper and left it on the table. He shoved the other two papers into his backpack, and stepped aside to allow the next person to the desk. Turning around, he noticed that the number of people increased. By two. But increased nevertheless.

It was now or never that Mark should break the ice. Well, actually, he would have plenty of opportunities to do it later, but he would give anything to break the ice right now.

Approaching the first person that he saw--a girl with a pale blonde hair, standing at the back wall (who seemed approachable enough to Mark)--he made a slight wave and greeted her with a smile, "Hi. My name's Mark. What's yours?"

It was only then that he realized how small that girl was, compared to him. He hoped that that didn't intimidate her.
Purple Trims
Member for 5 years

Postby Fallen on Sat May 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Shae smiled a Chris, and thought it interesting that he drew a pair of wings next to his name. So the only assumption she could make was Chris was sporting a hidden pair of wings. But she also thought wings next to your name as a signature would be a cute explanation too. Because the counselor had not attempted to communicate with her, she wasn't sure what to do, so she continued to communicate with Chris. Rummaging through her bag for a few seconds, she grabbed a pad of paper and lifted the cover, and and took out a caligraphy pen, opening a small jar of ink. Letting go of the pad, the ink, and the pen, they floated in the air. She smiled and bit the bottom of her lip slightly. She had never talked...or communicated better to say, with someone other than her father and family for quite some time. Concentrating, she moved the pen in mid air and wrote to him.

You have wings? They must be beautiful, why do you hide them?

She wrote, as the pen inserted itself into the jar of ink and rested there, and the pad of paper float beside her. In waiting for him to write something, she turned around and noticed several more campers had poured in and were waiting for direction. Shae wondered which cabin she would be in, and who she would be with. She smiled inside. She wanted to say hello to everyone, but it would be hard to communicate with so many people at once. Shae glanced in the direction of a boy who seemed to be conversing with a light blonde female. She wondered for a moment what they sounded like, but she shook her head and concentrated on her way of communicating and made she that in fact that pad of paper was still floating.
Fallen
Member for 6 years

Postby nightwolf on Sun May 17, 2009 6:19 am

Chirs watched with utter amazement as Shae wrote with the pad and paper in mid air watching it float in the air for the briefest of moments. Scanning the writting briefly he thought for a while before writting down and answer quickly.

Yeah, they are beautifull. I hide them because i think that would be considered wierd if i showed them in public. I'll show them to you if you like.

He turned the paper over so Shae could see. He shurgged his shoulders slightly.
nightwolf
Member for 6 years

Postby pixsidust2 on Sun May 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Delias was slightly taken aback that anyone had come to her quite yet. "Hello Mark" she said in her soft voice, wishing that she didn't always sound like she was terrified of talking. "I'm Delias." She looked up at him and smiled. She could tell already this boy was quite friendly. He was however a lot taller than her so she did have to look up. She found that this happened alot as 4'11" wasn't exactly the tallest height in the entire world. "It's nice to meet you." She said holding out her hand to shake his.
pixsidust2
Member for 5 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.