Thirteen Paths

Thirteen Paths

Thirteen guardians of the elements that make up the world. They protect humanity with their humanity. Or are they just in ascention into gods?

Owner:
Game Masters:
Tags: (Add Tags »)
This topic is an Out Of Character part of the roleplay, “Thirteen Paths”. Anything posted here will also show up there.

OOC » Thirteen Paths

Topic Tags:

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Re: [OOC] Thirteen Paths

Postby The Shadow on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:52 pm

SO you mean like power over illusion? that I would also go with if possible
The Shadow
Member for 5 years

Postby Lightning Flash on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes, exactly! The idea I had for touch was an illusion based power. You could not create a visual illusion but you create the sense of touch of the illusion. For example you can make someone feel like they've been cut and make them hurt like hell. BUT you cannot actually cause the physical injury of the cut through your illusion, and they have no idea what just happened.

For example. Your character is in a tight spot, and to get out they claim they have fifty hidden invisible weapons on their body. The enemy naturally doesn't believe them. Your character swings as if swinging a sword and makes the opponent feel like they've been cut. There is no physical wound on them, but they still feel like they've been cut. They freak out, and run off. Leaving your character to go on their merry way.
Props to Chari for making this awesome sig for me!
Lightning Flash
Member for 5 years

Postby zen_ink on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Nah me and Lightning already agreed that would be way too cheap, and I'm also not really interested in having that power anyway. Zumi isn't violent enough to go there lol
~Imagination... Never let it die~

Enter the world of THE ZODI ACADEMY... the-zodi-academy-t38153.html

KINGDOM HEARTS III... It's an all-out war!! roleplay/kingdom-hearts-iii/
zen_ink
Member for 4 years

Postby The Shadow on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:19 pm

That still sounds pretty awesome, I thought the whole Tykki thing was slightly overpowered anyway, but the other way of looking at it would have been I could basically become a phantom and pass through walls and stuff, but this illusion thing sounds kind cool, I just slightly wish it was visual as well but oh well. I'd still like to reserve it.
The Shadow
Member for 5 years

Postby Chari on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Well, that is what the light and sound are for. You three team up, and we could have some fully 3D holographic touch movies. Or any illusions you guys think up.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?
Chari
Member for 5 years

Postby Lightning Flash on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:28 pm

You figured out why I grouped those three together! Those three if all used in the right sense are the power of illusion. That is the basis for the Perpetual Trinity. Except I completely spun that on its head with ym character, because I think this usage of sound is way cooler.
Lightning Flash
Member for 5 years

Postby The Shadow on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Yeah, that is true I had forgotten that, that and the major advantage of light is if you stop it from reflecting off you you won't be seen, it's that simple.
The Shadow
Member for 5 years

Postby zen_ink on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:47 pm

Just a random question .. What happens if fire, water, earth and air all combine their powers? O_o
zen_ink
Member for 4 years

Postby Klaven300 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:54 pm

can I ask where #6's power over density start and end like the limits on it b/c I was thinking about trying for that one
Klaven300
Member for 4 years

Postby Chari on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:58 pm

zen_ink wrote:Just a random question .. What happens if fire, water, earth and air all combine their powers? O_o

The Apocalypse?

JK, but with those powers combined, I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!!

Obscure references FTW!
Chari
Member for 5 years

Postby Lightning Flash on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Yeah, but then they see a big black square where it isn't being reflected, because where there isn't light there is black.

To make a complete invisibility, you'd have to perfectly bend the light around you and continue it on its exct path behind you. Needless to say, this skill would require lots of precision, energy and practice.

Zen Ink: Umm... Well, the earth explodes. No really, I don't know yet, but I'll think of something. Although that would take a rediculously high amount of energy, with it hard to combine with even one of the others in the quartet.

Wow you guys are posting fast. I just tried to post this twice and there were new posts. That's a good thing though.

Klaven: The limits on density are not defined. But obviously more extremes require more power and any high or low density would be hard to hold for a period of time. I trust you to use your judgement about what is appropriate.
Lightning Flash
Member for 5 years

Postby Sturmann27 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:07 pm

If I may, I think that I'd like to take Earth.

I'll submit a character for the position soon.
ImageImage
Sturmann27
Member for 4 years

Postby Lightning Flash on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Alright, I'll reserve it.
Lightning Flash
Member for 5 years

Postby Sturmann27 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:00 pm

Okay, I've submitted Alexander Terran for the position of Earth guardian. I do hope that he will be accepted.
Sturmann27
Member for 4 years

Postby Lightning Flash on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Looks fine. Accepted.

Alright, for those of you who are anxious (Myself included) I will be probably starting this before too long. If I get one or two more people in addition to those currently working on their characters to enter the RP, I'll start.
Lightning Flash
Member for 5 years

Postby The Shadow on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Just one thing Lightning, is that I'm not exactly sure how my character is supposed to 'sue' Touch.
The Shadow
Member for 5 years

Postby Lightning Flash on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Just put the description of how your ability works. That it can create the sensation of touch on it's target. That is how you are using the power of "Touch" right?
Lightning Flash
Member for 5 years

Postby zen_ink on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:24 pm

if it helps any .. i was considering taking touch in the beginning , but i was gonna give him a power similar to tactile hypnosis (being able to strongly suggest thoughts in the mind of a person you are in physical contact with) idk just a thought..

Oooh Sturmann, Zumi and Alex have to be good friends !! i was waiting for another elemental to join ^_^
zen_ink
Member for 4 years

Postby Chari on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Lightning Flash wrote:Just put the description of how your ability works. That it can create the sensation of touch on it's target. That is how you are using the power of "Touch" right?

I think he is commenting on a typo. You typed "sue" but meant "use"

And Zen, there has been an elemental all along... Wind... Me...
Chari
Member for 5 years

Postby The Shadow on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:22 am

Tell me, could I basically make a box? and therefore stand ontop of it using the power of touch?
The Shadow
Member for 5 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.