Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Tips for the new girl

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Tips for the new girl

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MysMandy on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:23 am

Hey Everyone! Not new to RP, just this site, and this format . I've RP'd many years in Twitte and need a kick start on here. Any suggestions? I'm pretty diverse with the kind of characters I like to play, just need a juic, not too complicated SL. I'm not afraid to pull my weight in a story either, but at times my replies can be slow.
Well if anyone can guve me a guide this writer would be truly appreciative.
P.S. Apologies for can typos and poor grammer in advance. I often get too involved and neglect proof reading.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MysMandy
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Tips for the new girl

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ibecameinsane on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:21 pm

Greetings & Salutations MysMandy (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

First & foremost, I'd like to warmly welcome you to RPGateway. My name is ibecameinsane, or simply insane. Whichever you prefer. I'm one of the Moderators on this site. I've gathered a few links to help navigate your way on this site.

You'll see all of the newest roleplays here but if none of those strike your fancy you can always narrow your search by managing filters so you can find roleplays that appeal to you. We have an Interest Check forum and a Roleplayers Wanted forum where you can find a lot of other great ideas. Keep in mind, there is a difference between the Interest Checks forum and the Roleplayers Wanted forum. They are both great places to browse for roleplays but be aware that the Interest Check forum is for roleplays that haven't started yet. The GM is looking to generate interest or gather a following. It's also used for those who're searching for roleplaying partners. The Roleplayers Wanted forum, on the other hand, is for roleplays that already exist and have character slots that need to be filled. Here's a guide to the tab system on the site [x]. If you're looking to jump into something right away, that's where you should start. If you need any help assembling a character sheet, I've created a tutorial in the Help forum for everyone to use.

Before you do anything, I implore you to look into the site's rules, just to understand the foundation of what this site is built on. You'll need to post in a total ten forums in order to send a private message but there's no limit to instant messaging. If you need any help getting started feel free to PM me or send me an instant message. I'm almost always available.

If you're having technical issues you can check out this forum or the FAQs.
      If you still have questions, our lovely Moderators are always available.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we look forward to get to know you. My apologies that this message couldn't be more personal but if you ever want to chat, feel free to chat me up. You can't send PMs yet until you post in at least ten forums so here's a quick easy guide to knocking those out. I'm usually available in chat though so don't be a stranger! And again, welcome to the site!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
thank you so much to the beautiful and talented aurei for making this signature for me!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ibecameinsane
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!