Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Tis a Good Thing, My Feet are Sore.

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Tis a Good Thing, My Feet are Sore.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaea on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Tigirid breathed deep of the forest air. He could feel a bit of a storm coming, the air had a certain chill and growing wind which, sadly for them, seemed intent on blowing into their faces, kicking up what loose top-snow there was under the trees. Hidden from the sun, all the snow was still fluffy. There was no sun-baked crust that pretended to hold his weight before breaking underfoot. It was just wet.

He watched Shareth and Ayden with a little pity. He had never liked being incapacitated any more than the elfish kid did. He stared for a few moments. There was something about that kid. He was young. Inexperienced. A little exasperating. A little annoying. Very... different. Tigirid could see the road ahead of him less than he could anyone else. Since he had awoken, there was some sinistar change in him that Tigirid could not identify.

No matter. It would work itself out, he thought. he turned his attention to other skitterings in the forest.

Ah. he thought, watching a bird twitter on a branch above them, looking around for whatever it could find under the snow, It is true then. He felt the wind, sniffed, looked back. He knew people. More than birds, or elfs, or even druids.

"We're being followed." he said to Grentyl, letting his words float over to the necromancer, "He's not dangerous, just a nuisance getting closer. He will... try to follow us through the gate, if he gets that far. But, he should have lost his horse by now."
------
What a strange track! Thought Aled. He could read it loud and clear, which was strange enough, but it was speaking gibberish. It didn't make sense. It seemed as if an army had slept here.... but it was a tiny hole in the snow. Like a whole army fit in a tent no bigger than the one Aled carried across his shoulders.

Well, it is a little bigger. he admitted to himself. About four times as big. But that's still pretty small. All of the strange tracks he had been following through the snow had stopped here. Some had disappeared into the hole for the tent, only to re-emerge this morning.

"I'm not ashamed to admit these people are making me nervous, ol' Tig. Who've you been going with?" Aled debated whether or not to turn around. But Tigirid was right, he would continue to follow. Alled huffed, and sighed, and shouldered his pack on.
Be The Change

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scaea
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaea on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:30 pm

Esmeralda nodded. "A-alright." she stammered. "We're going tomorrow?" That would mean they would have a chance to rest.

"I really hope that these people help get us to a safe and quiet life." she breathed. She hoped. Very much. But didn't believe it was very likely. She would have to work to move her life back to a safe and quiet place herself.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scaea
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tadum2 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:27 pm

The inkeeper raised an eyebrow at his white haired customer returned. He nodded and pointed upstairs, he wanted out of the bar before he split open another mans head. "E-Enjoy your stay, sir."

While the inkeeper did his best to rush Vasily into his room, he was quickly formulating plans of his own. If he was going to go with this Druid, the girl, and her sister, as the cover of a summoned demon, he needed a fallback. The man put it off for later. He must of spaced out in his time of thinking considering the inkeeper had to snap to get him to pay attention. "Here's you room." The barkeep said, opening the door. Vasily smirked and nodded entering. "Not to worry, I'll be out by early morning." The demon replied, slowly shutting the door in front of the barkeep.

Quoth the Raven; "Imma fuck you up."

tadum2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doodlepad on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Resed raised his eyebrows in surprise, "Well now, If that's the case perhaps it is you we should be studying, perhaps you are using a form of magic you are unaware of, as for Hazel..." He thought. "I shouldn't think the same thing could happen to her, she's a little different than Grentyl." He reassured Phoenix, "She's harder to sneak up on, something she's very proud of."

Ayden uncorked the bottle, he twisted his body around so that he could hep hold it to Shareth's mouth. It was a bit difficult since the Boar was moving. "A little goes a long way." Ayden said cheerfully."

Grentyl nodded his head in response to Tigirid. "Let me know if it's something I need to be worried about."

The Todd, had ready a different kind of cart, it wasn't like his colorful gypsie wagon, instead it was a farmers hay cart, pulled by a mule. He came rolling in front on of their inn at around three in the morning, and waited.

Hazel waited till she was out of site, before pulling off her cumbersome dress, not really thinking about it, she tossed it carelessly onto the branch of a dead tree. Then with a leap and bound she turned into a doe. It was easier after all to be watchful, with eyes on the side of your head as opposed to the front. She ran along the path, keeping an eye out for trouble. the path was tricky, and hard to find. The road ascended up an icy slope, and the trees condensed around it.
After an hour she had reached the gate at the top of a hill. It wasn't really a gate, just a pair of gnarly old trees, and a stone platform. She turned to head back when she heard a gurgling. Her saucer like ear twitched.
She quietly approached the source of the sound, just around the copse of trees, five undead men were mounted on undead elk. They couldn't speak, only gurgling noises came from their dry throats. Were they waiting for them by the gate? Seemed like it.
Hazel thought it odd, if this was an ambush, it wasn't going to be a very good one, Resed could easily clear them out no problem. Then something happened that made Hazel Shudder, One of the elk looked in her direction, it wasn't undead, it was made of wood. Like a bunch of branches and brambles that had decided to form an elk. It eye sockets were empty, it couldn't see her, but it could smell her.

She made a mad dash back towards Resed and the group, to report her findings.

Doodlepad
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:27 pm

"I fail to see how I could be using a magic I'm unaware of, after all I've been in this form for over 300 years, I've learned everything I can about it, so there shouldn't be anything specific to my form. Possibly if someone cast a spell on me without my knowing, but I find that highly doubtful." He turned to Shareth, "I imagine I already know the answer to this but, are you feeling any better after a night's rest?"
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaea on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Tigird walked quietly with the group. Composure as natural as he could allow it. His senses tensed for whatever would come there way.

Hazel would know what they had to worry about. Hazel or Resed far before Tigirid would catch wind of it. And he was sure they would triumph over whatever was ahead on their way to this gate. Resed seemed fairly practiced with it, and there wasn't any reason he could tell that this day would be especially strange one. One that the necromancer would not be able to handle.

He worried more for Aled. would the man be able to survive as he trailed them?

Scaea
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doodlepad on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Resed thought about it "That is a long time to get to know one's self." He kicked Rundy's sides to push her to go a little faster. Ayden followed suit. The boar charged through the snow ahead of them, clearing the way for the horses. Grentyl and Tigirid jogged along behind them.

"I don't know why Resed is set on saving this Pup." Grentyl murmured to Tigirid. "I don't know why he hasn't blown the other one to pieces either. Watch it though, He'll have his reasons, He always does." He shut his yap and remained quiet and thoughtful.

Ayden was happy to be on an adventure with the gang again, and in high spirits thought he'd get to know this Shareth guy. "Oy so what do you think of Rett, my Pig?" He patted the boar. "I saved him when he was a lil piglet, not longer than my arm. He likes to eat everything, so don't let him near your food." He laughed. "One time he ate Grentyl's dinner when he wasn't looking. Boy was Grentyl mad. Oh just so ya know, he gets like that. Grentyl I mean, you know, mad. But don't worry he'll only be mean to you for a little while, till he gets to know you, it's because you're a human. He doesn't like humans, or trust them much, since you know he was a slave n all. They used to have him fight other blokes to the death, and Chimera's and wild animals, all sorts of things. He didn't like it much. But if you're nice to Hazel and me, he'll be nice to you. Do you like owls?"

Doodlepad
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44 am

Tymaril nodded, "me too. It'd be nice to know what a safe and quiet life is like. As you guessed, we'll be leaving early tomorrow morning. We should rest up for the journey while we can."

Astride Rett the boar, Shareth does his best to help Ayden help him drink the concoction. A few sips is all he can muster at the moment, true to Ayden's word, a little did go a long way. Already he starts to feel the potion take the edge off the poison, though it was more akin to oil and water mixing. Nevertheless, his throat wasn't burning nearly as much, so conversing wouldn't be nearly as arduous. He stops drinking the potion as Phoenix asks him if he's feeling any better. "I've been better. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess," he says wryly. Almost immediately, Ayden starts talking to Shareth, not giving him a moment to respond, which suits him just fine. If he weren't in such a sour mood, he might have chuckled at the younger boys talkative nature.
"Rett is a fine animal, I've never seen a boar one could ride before," Shareth remarks enthusiastically, despite his condition. "I'm surprised to hear Grentyl distrusts me because I'm human though, especially since I'm only half human. I reckon I understand his reasons though. Especially since I've been such a burden to all of you. I'll just have to start pulling my weight and make it up to yall, soon as I'm better"

"If I die, put on my tombstone that I died doing what I loved, eating babies."
-Rinna Cooper

"If you wanna make a statement, say nothin at all."

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Phoenix caught sight of Hazel still quite a distance away along with a scent he couldn't quite place even further off. He halted his horse before signalling the others to hold up. "Hold up it appears the deer is making her way back in a rather frantic manner, and there's a smell on the wind I don't recognize."

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 pm

Todd had arrived later than she had expected, but Tym was glad for the extra time to rest. She abandoned her post by the window and shook Esmeralda's shoulder. "Alright, they're here."

Shareth pondered Aydens other questiion "Owls are real cool. They eat the mice that eat our grains. my village took good care of our resident owls," he remarks.
It almost escaped his notice when Phoenix mentioned "the deer." What deer? This forest was probably full of them. Was it a special deer?

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doodlepad on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 pm

The Todd was dressed in his black travelling cloak, but his fiery red hair could be seen even at this time of night. His eyes glinted gold, he was excited for this new adventure.

"Uh oh," Ayden said as he reigned Rett in to a stop.

"Grentyl." Resed said slowing down. "Run ahead and meet her, find out what's going on."

Grentyl nodded, and jogged past, the trees were thick ahead of them, and he soon disappeared into the dark pines.
"The rest of you stay here with me." Resed demanded. "Be prepared though, we might have to make a break for it. If it comes to that, stick together, I don't want anyone falling behind."

Hazel's long legs carried her across open spaces and over frozen streams. She had nearly passed Grentyl, when she recognized his scent and quickly turned around. She was running so fast however, he had to reach around and grab her by the neck to stop her.
"Slow down! What in high heaven are you running from?" He barked,
She was so excited, it was hard to keep her still.
"Keep the gate open for me!" She said pawing at the ground. "I'll lead them away."
"Lead who away?" Grentyl asked agitated.
"Don't know, can't kill it though."
"You sure?" He demanded.
"Can out run it easy!" She looked ready to run off again, but he held onto her tight.
"I don't want you leading anything away, we need to keep together as a group. Resed can kill whatever it is!"
She shook her head impatiently, and tried to press the image into his head. Grentyl was hard headed but he got the gist of what she was trying to portray.
"You want me to warn Resed?"
She stamped her hoof. "Yes!"
"What if they catch you?" He asked.
"They can't!"
She seemed so sure, but Grentyl wasn't, he didn't let go.
"Close the gate behind me." She broke away from him and went running after the unearthly creatures.

And the chase began
Five undead men, dressed in tattered cloaks, riding on elk made of timber gave chase to a shaggy doe. She was needless to say enjoying herself. At first they wouldn't go after her, assuming she was just another common deer, till she picked up a rock and threw it at one of them. She nailed him in the head, and they figured it out pretty quickly.

They had heavy bodies that sank into the snow, and although Hazel's narrow hooves pierced the snow all too easily, she was fast and nimble. She bounded down the slope, and up again, led them round and round over rivers and hills, hoping to tire them out. However they never slowed, they had more stamina than an average elk.

Grentyl hurried back to the group, waving his arms over his head. "We have to go, we have to get to the gate now!"

Resed didn't wait for an explanation, he kicked his heals into Rundy's Sides. Ayden pushed Rett the boar to move, he had to be in front to plow the snow out of the way for the horses. Grentyl leaped onto the moving boar behind Shareth and held out a hand for Tigirid. "Get on!" He demanded.

Doodlepad
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:12 am

Phoenix coaxed his horse into a run to keep up with the others, "Ruddy hell she's got guts I'll give her that."

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Shareth didn't quite know what was going on, but it was apparent it wasn't good. It dawned on him that if things got serious, he'd be useless. The only option available to him would be to put his trust in this strange band of individuals. My debt to them grows with every passing minute, he gloomily thinks to himself. Repaying them would be a challenge and a half.

----------&--------
Elsewhere, Tymaril ponders Esmeralda's predicament. The poor girl had encountered nothing but trouble since they had met. Was it really fair to bring her along? Would it be better to leave her behind? No, it would be better for her to tag along, at least for now. More importantly, Tym couldn't figure out why she cared. She found it vexing that she had so many unanswered questions about her. "Come on, they're here," she says, prodding her friend gently to awaken her.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tadum2 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Rather then come by flight Vasily walked to the little meeting point. He was dressed in his normal leather apparel bolstered with iron plates in various places. He had his hood pulled down letting his snow white hair show. His bow was looped around his shoulder with the quiver looped around the other, with an arsenal of smaller blades strapped to his belt along with poisons. He pulled a scarf over his lower face, keeping his face warm. He soon found the little meeting sight, he would've looked like any other adventurer or traveler, if not for his bright orange eyes.

tadum2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scaea on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Tigirid was deep in his thoughts. Enjoying himself immensely, worrying needlessly overy his old companion. When Grentyl mentioned Resed and his strange motivations, his mind intermittently considered what those were.

What was the pattern here? Shereth, Tigirid could see. He didn't understand, but he could see that Resed would keep the boy around. He had some hidden depth of character. Some drive. He reminded Tigirid of Aled, but perhaps that was just his worries. Phoenix, Tigirid understood quite a bit less. He was simple. His motivations clear. He was an average dominator. More successful than most, to be sure. Perhaps that is what Resed wished to know more about. But he was still simple. He wanted power, prestige, reputation. All of it for evil. When he called for a halt, Tigirid was surprised that everyone obeyed.

The pattern was more clear.

"We have to go, we have to get to the gate now!" Grentyl shouted, and the party began moving again. Resed was the first to move, Ayden followed on Rett and Grentyl joined them. "Get on!"

Tirigid took the proffered hand. He wanted to run ahead, but what use would he have been. It would be better, he sighed, to stick together as much as they could.
---
Aled heard a horrible crashing in the forest. He barely made out the vague form of an elk, or a deer, he couldn't be sure, though the trees. It was pursued by men on horseback.

Hunting? Out here? That was odd.

His danger sense told him this was not normal hunting. And that he was probably more than a little in over his head.

Where would the safest place to be, be? He looked around. Tundra. Snow and trees. His tracks were the easiest thing around to follow because he had been following the big group of strangers.

"Well, shit." His usual course in danger was to confront it, of course. But he supposed that this danger was a little more like on a battlefield. Where confronting the danger was more likely to get your head confiscated. He opted for climbing a sappy tree.

It was a hard decision. Sap on his clothes or death. But sometimes hard decisions had to be made. With gritted teeth, he scaled.
---
In the morning, Esmeralda wasn't feeling too much better about her coming Journey. It had taken her a long time to finally flit into sleep and she was tired. At Tym's prodding, she sat up wearily and combed her hair with her fingers, wishing dearly for a brush. at least, she thought to herself, it will not take very long to get ready....

Esmeralda squeezed herself into her dirty old dress. She was beginning, at least, to look the part of an adventurer. Perhaps a pair of pants would help her attitude. It was hard to be adventurous and daring in clothes that prevented you from riding a horse very easily. The thought made Esmeralda shudder. Paints would have taken her very far from out of her comfort zone.

Her stomach woke up. Complaining of neglect. She would have apologized to it if she had the imagination.

"Alright. I'm ...Ready to go."

Esmeralda hoped that she would have time on the walk to talk with Tymaril and knew that the vagabond wanted to get to know her better as well. She walked crankily down stairs and then followed Tymaril to the trysting place to meet their new companions.

Scaea
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doodlepad on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:51 pm

The Todd greeted Vasily with a nod. "Good you are on time, ah and here come the lovely ladies now, good good, the back is nice and warm with hay if you should like to rest along the way."
He scooted over so that Tymaril could sit with him up front, leaving Esmeralda to sit in back with the mysterious white haired man.
"Yes my fine fellow red head, sit next to me, we must discuss your character, you know, make it all very convincing. In case you should be questioned. You will need to know what it takes to be The Todd's sister!"

Making haste through such deep snow is more than difficult, luckily the boar was able to clear the way enough for the horses to run. Resed knew time was short, and he urged them along. Soon the road went uphill, and switchbacked along a steep slope and slippery slope. In places where the trees were thickest he had to duck to keep from hitting his head on low hanging branches and pine bows.
Ayden Leaned forward on his giant boar, and kept his eyes out for a path, Grentyl on the other hand kept a firm arm around Shareth's shoulders to keep him steady.
After about an hour of hard riding they reached the top of the hill, Resed spotted the gate, two gnarled old trees and the stone platform between them. "There it is hurry!" He called to Ayden in front.
But the boy was confused. "I don't see a gate Resed! Just those weird trees over there!"
"I think that is the gate!" Grentyl remarked, sure enough there was an odd smell permeating the place, it seemed to be coming from the platform.
Resed hardly waited for his horse to stop before he dismounted, stumbling in the snow. He rushed onto the stone platform between the trees. He cleared off the snow with his foot then murmured a spell in some ancient language. His eyes rolled into the back of his head and he made a sound like the air being sucked out of him. Then his body collapsed in a heap.
"Resed!" Ayden shouted, he prepared to dismount but Grentyl stopped him.
"Stop, look!"

Right where Resed had been standing, a strange transparent figure stood, glowing brighter than the snow, Grentyl caught that it was indeed Resed himself standing over his own lifeless body. He stepped forward and disappeared behind some invisible barrier, leaving the rest of the company rather alone.

Ayden lept off the boar and rushed beside Resed's body. "Resed!" He shook him, but he didn't move. He put his ear to his chest and listened, there was no heart beat to be heard. "He's dead!"

Hazel had a way of winding around in tight spaces, turning and twisting, she liked to keep her pursuers guessing. These creatures were right on her tail which made the game all the more fun, and they roared more like the carnivores she was used to. They weren't very elk like at all really. She wondered how much time she should give the company and how long were these creatures willing to chase after her? She decided it would be better to get rid of these creatures rather than test her luck. She kept her eyes out for anything that could help her. Then she saw it, down the hill to her right, a ravine, narrow with jagged edges.
She went for it, she leaped to the other side, the five undead riders followed and did the same. They made it safely across. She turned back towards the ravine and found where it gaped even wider, she made a daring leap and made it across. The first three of the undead riders were confident and rushed right over the gap, the last two however hesitated, they tried to make the leap, one fell crumbling down the crack. One Down
She saw on the other side a place where the trees were bunched together, only a slender creature such as herself could make it through, she leaped over the ravine and between two trees. The first undead rider tried to follow, but the elk's antlers were too wide, he caught himself between the trees then stumbled backward into the ravine. The riders behind did not make the same mistake, they continued till there was a space large enough on the other side, for them to jump.
Hazel's had to think quick, she spotted where a rocky steep slope descended down to bottom of the ravine, Hazel ran down it, nimbly picking her way. If a hoof were to fall into the wrong place she could get caught and break a leg. She made it to the bottom and kept running, the three riders followed. One of the elk did break a leg and came crashing forward hurling his rider down the slope. It caused a small rock slide, and caught the second rider.
she had one rider left hot on her tail, and the ravine was getting narrower and narrower. The elk's antlers were beginning to brush against the rock walls. she got an idea, she stopped and dropped, (had to turn human in the process) and crouched. the rider went over her, before he realized what happened he was several yards ahead of her. He reared his elk to stop and tried to turn around, but the elk's antlers were too large, and he couldn't turn his head. He would have to back up, all the way to where the ravine widened.
But by now Hazel had turned back into a deer, and was heading back to find her friends.

Doodlepad
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chrome Shiny on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Shareth couldn't help but feel a little worried that Resed's body lay dead. Hadn't the gods of necromancy said that when a necromancer died, they became part of the magic they called upon? Yet he seemed to know what he was doing, so once again he had no choice but to trust in his companions. At least he could comfort Ayden
"Resed will be fine, I'm sure of it," he remarks to Ayden. "I'm no expert, but I figure he's opening it up from the other side.." it sounded plausible. Whether or not it was true, he had no way of knowing....

Tymaril surveys the cart, for a moment before taking her place next to "the Todd". "Thanks for setting up the straw in back." She motions for Esmeralda to get in, " you should rest up in back while you can."
Last edited by Chrome Shiny on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrome Shiny
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cmpuncle on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm

"Well that must be loads of fun." Phoenix on his horse came right up next to Resed's.....He assumed it was his spirit. "Well let's not waste time, I'm sure it can't be easy to hold this gateway open. Once everyone's inside we'll see about signalling Hazel."

He put his hand to one side of his mouth and whispered towards Resed's spirit, "I assume we'll need to load your body up on your horse so you can re-enter it once the gate is closed?"

cmpuncle
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doodlepad on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:49 am

As soon as Phoenix spoke, a black dot appeared between the trees, and widened to a gaping hole leading into a massive chamber. The branches of the trees entwined together and formed a stone arch, an arch tall enough that one could ride through on their horse. A gust of stagnant air rushed out of the portal, blowing the snow clear from the stone. The gate was open.

Resed gasped and coughed. He had come alive again. Little baffled Ayden helped lift him to his feet.

"Thank you for the offer Phoenix, but I'm quite alright." Resed gave a faint smile. He looked weary and his face even more gaunt than usual. "Alright everyone, I suspect Hazel doesn't have much time for us to waste." He stepped into the dark hall beyond their world. Ayden fetched his horse Rundy and followed after him.
Grentyl kicked the boar with his heals, and the pig trotted forward. "Are you sure you want to come into this death hole with us?" He asked Phoenix, "This is your chance, you can turn back." He was about to say more when an eerie bugle raised his hackles.
He turned to see that Hazel was running for the gate with the undead elk riders not far behind her. Although trapping the elk in the ravine gave her time, it did nothing to stop them, they had the power to rebuild their bodies.

(Hey guys, this is where I got the inspiration for the elk, http://www.minnasundberg.fi/comic/page190.php Thought I would share )

Doodlepad
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tadum2 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:09 pm

Vasily looked to the cart and shrugged. Todd has said it was warm in the back, that was good enough for him. In a few subtle movement the Demon was in the back, sitting in his own seat. He looked up front and around the cart, it looked nice. If Vasily was going to be riding around the country in a cart, this was going to have to be good enough. "This is a nice cart." Vasily's voice was smooth, yet raspy.

tadum2
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!