Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

I.M.A.T.

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

I.M.A.T.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:16 am

OOC: international-mecha-assault-tournament-imat-t34858.html

Ryder sat in the lounge, watching the battle ensue on screen. Some guy named Kri was apparently the champ of the New York region.
Ryder would be sure to show this guy otherwise.
He watched as Kri and some poor bastard, who probably didn't know thrusters from brakes on his mech, went round and round on the field.
Actually, it was more like Kri drew smoke circles while Loser Guy tried to keep up.
Kri unleashed rounds from his machine gun into Loser Guy, ripping into the central core of the mech.
Loser Guy's mech was smoking from the abuse. Ryder chuckled to himself. This guy should've stayed home, Ryder thought.
He sat back on the couch he was sitting on, watching the final points of the battle. Kri encircled again, and fired two missles at Loser Guy, who took the blows. Loser Guy whipped around to face Kri, who was waiting for Loser Guy to face him. He sprayed Loser Guy with more bullets, and fired one last missle before toppling his opponent.
Kri won, and Ryder stood and made his way to the hangar.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: I.M.A.T.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriegmesser on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:39 am

Xeno aimlessly wandered around the hanger while waiting for his match. When his legs got tired he sat down next to Integra and started to flirt. That wasn't the best idea, he had a hand shaped mark on his face when Ryder walked in. "Hello there, I don't belive we have met. My name is Xeno, who are you?" Xeno says to the man while holding his hand out. Before anyone can speak a missile falls out of a pack mounted on Gravestone "Uhh, that can't be good..." Xeno says while turning to look.
Characters needing some kind artist to draw them:
Xenthriss C-LINK
Stahlfaust Combine C-LINK
Baron Valdis Oros Goldheart C-LINK

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kriegmesser
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:47 am

Ryder walked through the hanger looking for Raven. Pacing through, he saw a guy and a girl sitting and talking. He then watched, smiling a little, as the girl slapped the guy. That's why you don't say the wrong thing, Ryder thought.
The guy walked over to Ryder, introducing himself as Xeno. Ryder was about to introduce himself, but he watched as a missle fell from it's pack, presumably from Xeno's mech.
Ryder dove to the right behind a pile of metal crates. He closed his eyes and ears and waited for the impact.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShiningSaber on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:48 am

Jeremy was in the hanger, watching this Kri guy smoke some poor sucker who looked like he didn't know left from right on a hanger TV. "The only thing that guy should be allowed to pilot is his lawnmower." He said to Sasha, who was attempting to fix a faulty Hydrolic leg. She had stopped for a second to watch Loser guy's mech become swiss cheese. She wagged her head, then went back to weilding a broken Hydrolic pipe closed. "There. That shoud do it." She said, admiring her work, then weilding the piece of leg she had taken off back on. "Should work fine now." she said, just as the hydrolics on that leg gave out again and it basicly stomped, as it had been held in the air by some cables as she had been fixing it. The cables were released to test it, and the Hydrolics failed. Frustrated, Jermey saw another guy come in and decided to ask him for one.

"Hey." He greeted. "You got any pipes? Or maybe a hydrolic system for a leg? The one we got from the manufacter is defective." He asked. He felt stupid, but best to swallow your pride now then pay for it later. Just as he had asked, a missile pack had fallen out of some Guy's pack. So he dove behind a metal crate
Last edited by ShiningSaber on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
That Building wasn't there last time, I swear!

ShiningSaber
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:49 am

Skylar watched the humiliation for a while on Nirvana's pirate setup, then shook his head and hid the system again. There were a hundred things on the mech that could get him killed or banned, but all of them were useless in a fight unless he wanted to be banned and hidden so well that a paranoid nut wouldn't find them. On reflex, he did a few checks on different systems, like the self heating combat knives, energy readout of his pistols, allround power supply, etc.
Then he saw the missile fall, and flash started Nirvana's systems. Lightning quick, both man and machine linked up to reach out and grab the heavy munitions before it hit the ground and killed them all. Skylar called over the speaker system, "You know, that's a BAD thing when it falls out!"
We are who we are, not who we are meant to be, and anyone who says otherwise deserves what they get...which in my case would be a whole lot of freaking lead.
And here's my rp: viewtopic.php?f=112&t=37462

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriegmesser on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:57 am

Xeno quickly jumped onto the missile and activated its thruster. Then using his immense strength he redirects the missile straight up while breaking off the warhead, he slides off and hits the ground holding the warhead. After a couple minutes of looking dead he shoves the warhead off of himself and jumps up "Whew! Lets not do that again... I hope that I don't have to pay for the roof.". Xeno stares blankly at the hole as water starts trickling through "Aww man! It's fucking raining!".

Kriegmesser
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShiningSaber on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:59 am

"Nice catch!" Jeremy yelled to the man in the mech. "Forget about the pipe. I'll find some somewhere." He muttered. Sasha slapped him. "We need that pipe, Jeremy, you idoit. With out it, Ragnorak is one-legged!" Sasha yelled, Jeremy thought. "You have a point." HE muttered. "I always do." She said, beaming. Sasha then called to the guy in the mech. "Hey, could you come down for a minute?"
Last edited by ShiningSaber on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShiningSaber
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:02 am

((OOC, will edit:: how could i catch the missile, and the other dude send it through the roof? that's both pointless and ignorant. just making a statement, but come on, man, it's kinda hard to miss))

Skylar gently set down the load at the mech's feet and shut down again, hopping out and running over to the girl that called him, "Yeah, what do ya need?"
It wasn't really that he wanted to help, Skylar just had nothing else to do until his number, lucky 7, was called.
Last edited by AlWayZFrE3 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:03 am

Ryder didn't feel any impact. He looked over the crate, seeing that a mech had caught the falling missle. He breathed a sigh of relief and walked over to his mech. Aya was standing next to it, fanning her face.
"You ok?" Ryder asked. "Yeah", she said, "That was a close one". Ryder laughed out loud. "You worry too much", he said.
She said nothing, but had a look of pure exasperation on her face. She then turned away in a "I don't wanna know" fashion.
He looked up at Raven. His giant, black mech was the perfect machine to plow right through his enemies. He also needed this machine to plow through his debts.
He was in debt up to his eyeballs because he borrowed money from the R&W Bank of America. If he couldn't pay them off, he would surely lose it all: his house, his possetions, his MECH. Ryder wasn't about to lose Raven.
He worked to hard to put this mech together (using the money he borrowed from R&W). He put on his skin-tight black pilot suit, boarded his mech and waited for his number to be called.
Number 13.
He sat in the cockpit with his eyes closed, reflecting on the last match.
"Don't make Loser Guy's mistakes", he told himself over and over.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kriegmesser on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:06 am

((ooc: Please delete the missile ride post... i fail...))

Kriegmesser
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:10 am

Hmm... the young man was lying down, eyes closed, on top of a massive construct of metal and might. He thought of simple things, flight, freedom...steel. A hand drifted down to poke his forehead. Hm? he thought lazily.

"Mitch. Mitchy..."the owner of the feminine voice smacked the man upside the head. "Mitchel Overse! Get your lazy ass up!"

"Ugh...what's your problem Jess?" Mitchel said, his words slurring as he yawned halfway through the sentence. They had worked together for three years now, but he never could quite get past the fact that this kid was actually a few years older than himself. The pilot patted her head and wondered absently how she had gotten on top of the Siegebreaker. The hangar was a big place, and he could see no nearby ladders...

"The events are supposed to begin soon." Jessica brushed away his hand an flushed in embarassment. "Respect your elders! Dummy..." the tiny adult plopped down onto the mech next to her client and opened the laptop. A stream of names, pictures and mecha information appeared. "I know it's boring but you should read up on the competition, some of them are pretty...why are you lying down again?"

Mitchel was indeed again in a resting position on his prized possession. He yawned once more and listened to the sounds of other pilots within the hangar. "We have plenty of time. Relax, rest. You haven't slept in quite a while." he gestured for the woman to take a spot next to him.

Jessica took a breath for a verbal assault, paused, then exhaled loudly. She closed the computer and stretched out next to the tall pilot.

"Only for a bit. Once the events start, you get your ass in gear." the sound of rain pattering on the metal roofing was the last thing the duo heard before falling asleep.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure Limit on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:14 am

Sai and Maki enter the hall leading to the hangar. As they reached the hangar a guard tried to stop them.

"I'm sorry sir, but you cannot carry that sword in. Please leave it in the security office." He said. Sai shook his head.

"I am affraid I do not go anywhere without it. Please understand." Sai said calmly, smiling.

"Rules are rules. Please turn it in." He said. Maki stepped forward.

"Leave us be. We represent the Tenkin Zaibatsu, and if you know what is good for you, you will leave. Now." She said coldly. The guard's eyes widened.

"The Zaibatsu? I-I'm sorry. Please continue." He said walking away. The two turned and entered the hangar, walking up to the Senkusha.

"Ah old friend...Are you ready for tonight's battles? We will show them the power of a samurai's spirit." Sai said cheerfully. He heard a loud noise behind him and calmly turned around. "Ah, what I lively bunch. Things will be entertaining, to say the least." He said. Maki activated the Senkusha's systems and looked them over.

"Everything is opperating at full strength. With the Zaibatsu's technology, you are bound to crush the competition." She said. Sai smiled.

"Maki...it takes more than a good weapon to win a battle. It depends on the one weilding it." He said, looking at the other pilots readying themselves.

"Hmm...I suppose I should wait for our number. What was it again?" Sai asked.

"It's Six." She said, not looking away from the screens.
"To protect the world from Japanamation, To overthrough the Kaiba corporation,
To denounce the meaning of the original dub, to extend our reach to the world above,
Team Fourkids blast of at the speed of light, surrender now or prepare to fight,
Meowth that's right..."

-Team Fourkids Motto

Azure Limit
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShiningSaber on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:16 am

"Well, We have a bit of a problem. One of our Hydrolic pipes is busted and we can't seem to find another. Do you have one?" She asked in a sweet voice. "I'm telling, the whole system in the leg needs replacing." Jeremy muttered, but Sasha payed him no mind. "Fine, ignore me." Jeremy said.

ShiningSaber
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:16 am

(OOC: I can't, just edit it)

Ryder heard the number being called. "Contestant number 13 please report to the arena. Ryder shifted his controls, piloting Raven to the right and out of the hangar.
"Good luck" he heard Aya say in his helmet's headset. He just kept going.
When he arrived in the arena, he looked around. There were LOTS of people here. He scanned the crowds.
There were loads of dudes with their shirts off, whooping and hollering for excitement and severed mech limbs. Ryder looked again and saw lots of screaming girls with their shirts off, screaming for an exciting match.
"Keep your eyes in the arena!" Aya snapped over the headset. How did she know what he was doing? He shook that away, and looked at his opponent. This guy had a full white mech, equipped with two machine guns. Ryder made his mech raise it's blade toward his opponent.
"Ready, set, BRAWL!" the referee called out.
Ryder lunged at his opponent, letting out a thunderous battle cry.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:24 am

Skylar checked the pipe, then looked at the spot it was going to, and rolled his eyes, "If you have this set right, you need something a lot tougher than that. This presure setup is made for something like i use, VERY freakin light. Someone dialed up the presure...looks like to put an extra spring in its step, pardon the term. All you gotta do is tune it down a bit and slap a new one on, then it should be fine."

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShiningSaber on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:31 am

Sasha looked. "You're right. But who....." She slowly turned to Jermey. "Of course you did it. That comes as no suprise." She muttered, Then back to Skylar. "And this is why I do everything." She muttered as she got to work once more, not knowing wheather to blame the mech or Jeremy. "Thanks. I thought I would lose my other leg to this stupid machine if that kept up. Crushed my leg beneath it." She said, once again getting out a sheet of metal and her weilding torch. "By the way, what kind of mech were you using? I've never seen anything like it." Sasha asked.

ShiningSaber
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:36 am

In half a second, Skylar went from tech maniac to proud pilot, "That's my baby, the Nirvana. She's Sky's Edge tech, light stuff for the frame, armor, even weapons, and she moves like a freakin jackrabbit. She's the prototype for a new line, though this one's tuned up a lot more than the others'll be. You like her?"

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azure Limit on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:41 am

Sai walked out to watch the match.

"Ah...his one also uses only the sword. The warrior's spirit burns brightly in him." He said smiling. Maki walked up behind him.

"Name- Ryder Aivailan, Mech- Raven. Specializes in close range combat. No ranged combat capabilities. Modified for manuverability and speed. Just like you Senkusha." She said. Sai looked at her with a smile.

"As informed as ever. I am impressed." He said. Maki gave a small smirk.

"It's my job to be informed." She said. Sai turned back to the match.

"He will be an interesting opponent. I wish to see how adept he is in the old ways of combat." Sai said. He rested his hand on the sword at his waist. "A forgotten art...Sad, but I shall show these people the beauty of swordsmanship..." Maki sighed.

"Whatever...Just make sure to win. You are representing the Tenkin Zaibatsu. Please try to make it look good." She said. Sai smiled.

"Ah yes...the real reason I am here, for your publicity." He joked. Maki shook her head.

"I got my father to agree to this for you. Just don't let me down." She said. Sai looked at the intense battle.

"I am not one to let down a pretty girl." He said. Maki sighed, blushing.

Azure Limit
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShiningSaber on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:48 am

Jeremy looked impressed. "Fast, Deadly, and a nice paint job. It's a winner. Ragnorak is a commercial model. Plenty of armor, guns, and a few missile pods to boot. Her guns are designed to churn out lead at 100 Rounds per second. The misslies are small, but launched in clusters. add that up, and I think we have another winner" Jeremy said proudly.

ShiningSaber
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlWayZFrE3 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:54 am

Skylar smiled, "Funny, how fast can yours target, retarget, and make a custom profile for a bogie fast mover? If it's anything less than epic, i got you beat. Nirvana and I have outran some of the best systems out there. We even failed to show up in frames on normal cameras. Add two energy based pistols and two self superheating combat knives, and i would love to see that fight."

AlWayZFrE3
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!