Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Labyrinth: Into the Underground and Beyond

Before Applying Please Read: Rules

a part of “Labyrinth: Into the Underground and Beyond”, a fictional universe by CassilineVow.

An evil influence has seeped into to the Labyrinthā€™s boarders; a dark Sorceress known as Ariadne who has somehow gained control of the nomadic Junk People of the Arid Flats and is nursing a Civil War within the Goblin Kingdom.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Labyrinth: Into the Underground and Beyond”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Before Applying Please Read: Rules

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CassilineVow on Sat May 01, 2010 12:26 am

All other original characters have been designed by me as a means of building plot lines so that the current cast will be able to have an engaging story to contribute to.

As you might imagine this requires an extreme personal commitment on my part as I am actively running multiple characters at any given time. While I am perfectly able to handle this task it is my long term intention to eventually pass many of these original characters onto other willing and talented writers.

I will be Accepting both Canon and Original Characters.

Adopting:

Currently Available NPC include Hoggle and any of the other supporting characters.

If you are interested in taking on one of these characters I ask that you send in an application stating the character you want as well as some kind of sample or reference to your writing ability. This is to ensure these characters go to players who can handle them. (You can also contact me directly if you wish.)

Should, at any time, an individual wish to leave the game I ask that you warn me and your team mates in advance so that we can work your characterā€™s departure into the active story line. For those who adopt original or cannon characters and wish to cease playing them, said character will be once again returned to my control and be played by me so as not to disrupt the natural flow of the story for the other players once you leave.

Original Adoption:

Cast members who create original characters are welcome to leave their characters up for adoption should they decide to eventually leave the game. I will however not put your character up for adoption without your express permission. Should you choose to allow your original character to be made available to incoming members after your departure from the game, all character development and past histories will be honored.

Sarah Williams:

I'm not requiring that Sarah Williams be present in this story. If someone wants to RP as her please do fill out a character sheet. Also or the purposes of this story I have a few stipulations about this character.

1) Should Sarah appear in this story line she is to be played as an adult and not a teenager or young adult. I expect her to be at least 30 years old or older.

2) if you play Sarah don't expect me to make Jareth in love with her. Romantically I play Jareth's affections rather ambiguously along with his sexuality. Jareth is a very busy ruler and doesn't care much for alot of romancing. Should he develop feelings for someone specific eventually any and all characters are fair game.

3) Sarah doesn't get into the underground the same way she did the first time and there's a good chance that Jareth won't even know she's returned or particularly care.

The Knights of the Labyrinth:

I am happy to introduce a new character option to current and incoming players. Playing a Labyrinth Knight! This is a complimentary option to those who might wish to enhance their characters via their connection to the Labyrinth Knights.

Typically all players interested in this characterization device will start their character out as a outsider or regular Labyrinth denizen. In order to become an actual Labyrinth Knight your character must undergo a quest(s) that reflects their understanding and respect for one of the six major ideals of Knighthood. The more ideals your character achieves the higher the rank they will gain.

All original characters interested in Knighthood will begin as squires and can only be promoted in rank by Jareth or the Elder Council of the Labyrinth Knights. The same goes for demotions and exiling.

The Six Ideals of Knighthood are as follows:

LOYALTY- A Knight of the Labyrinth must be loyal to three things: the King, the land, and thy self. Being disloyal to any one of these items will cause thy self to falters in work, joy, and care.
RESPECT- Respect of thy Elders. They will respect you, if and only if you respect them first. Elders includes: the other kingdom's lords, the king, and the higher ranked knights. Having respect can cause friendship, among other things. If you don't feel that you can show respect to another, show simulated respect.
AWARENESS- It is important to always remember that ways of the kingdoms, the people, and life in the Underground in general...can change rapidly. Especially in the Labyrinth. Thus a Labyrinth Knight should know never to take anything for granted.
TOLORANCE-A knight of the Labyrinth is expected to be tolerant of all peoples, cultures, and beliefs regardless of their personal convictions.
JUSTICE- It is the sworn duty of a Labyrinth Knight, of any rank, serve and defend in an effort to protect the interests of the land and the people as well as providing support and kinship to their fellow teammates and brothers in arms.
OBJECTIVITY-It is understood that Knight of the Labyrinth do not interfere in the personal actions of the King no matter what our personal opinions in the matter are. What the king does or does not do in personal matters, is the King's business. Knights may only help protect the traveler's of the Labyrinth and provide his majesty advisement when asked.

Landing in the Underground (For mortals.):

There are a lot of ways a person could 'accidentally' find themselves in the underground. Below is a list of acceptable possibilities. If you have an idea that isn't listed here send me a private message or post on the OOC board and I'll get back to you.

1. Finding a Magical Item - Your digging around in Grandma's attic/buying a mysterious and or harmless looking antique, or cleaning under your bed when for one reason or another you find yourself transported to the Underground.

2. Making a Bargain - Lots of people wish they could undo something they said or did. What is said is said. Most of the time. But every now and then someone gets a lucky break. They make a wish and someone actually steps out of the darkness and offers them what they want...At a price. (This is commonly how mortals end up permanently living in the Labyrinth)

3. Dabbling - Wow that book on witch craft at the local Barnes and Nobles sure seemed appealing at the time. Casting a magic circle seems easy and you always wanted to talk to your dead aunt Mabel. All seems fun and games until you inadvertently open up something you shouldn't have landing yourself in a strange and mysterious world. Who knew magic was for real? (This method could also work for magical folk who are perhaps not very skilled in their craft)

Magic in the Game:

1. It should be noted that mortals DO NOT possess magical abilities unless stipulated by me and DO NOT generally have the ability to use magical items. There can be exceptions but they need to be discussed with me before I accept them. If you do submit an application that involves a mortal with magical access that I find unacceptable I will PM you requesting that you change the detail otherwise I will simply reject the application.

2. While in the Labyrinth no one is more powerful then Jareth, Heā€™s the Goblin King and therefore heā€™s the one in control at least while in his domain. This however does not by any span of the imagination mean that characters canā€™t hurt the goblin king. I will always provide opportunities for other cast members to mess with our dear goblin king. However it should be understood that if you do decide to meddle directly with Jareth be prepared to face his wrath sooner or later. The Labyrinth is still HIS domain. This is largely to ensure there is balance in the game. Jarethā€™s authority is limited to the Labyrinth itself however, making other locations like the Enchanted Forest fair game for other characters.

3. Typically magic is a learned skill. Meaning characters that have magical properties to them will be expected to have been taught their abilities somewhere. There are natural traits such as apparent eternal youth, exceptional beauty, and heightened senses that are unique to particular races but these traits should be used sparingly. If I think your character is too powerful I reserve the right to either take them down a few notches in play or ask you to make alterations.

The Definition of "magical" vs. "Magic" in the context of this story:

It should be noted that there is quite a bit of difference between being "magical" and actually using magic in the story.

In the context of this interactive story the word 'Magical" is an umbrella term that is meant to describe any creature or thing that was born or created directly in the fantasy setting of the Underground. This does NOT mean that the said item or creature actually possesses magic(al) properties.

On the flip side there are many "Non-magical" beings quite capable of learning and using magic in their day to day lives and activities which explains how humans from the Above world will sometimes gain magical properties and skills that were not originally natural to their origins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requirements:

This game will be about writing and character development. I'm looking for people who want to explore what the Labyrinth really is and how it came into being as well as exploring the world of the Underground in general. The key in doing that lays in the development of your characters. This game is about their stories.

Expect to write at least a good solid paragraph or two per post. The more detail the better. This game is about writing quality and fun. Basic spelling and grammar skills are necessary and remember that spell checkers are your friends. Obviously sloppy posting hurts the fun of playing along. Do your best thatā€™s all I ask.

What can you expect from me?

At present I post once a day to once every other day depending upon the demands of the current plot line and will do whatever is necessary to help further the plot and work around problems. I am deeply committed to providing my cast members with the highest quality writing experience possible while involved in this interactive story. Therefore you can expect that I will do everything in my power to keep the game going while also providing a comfortable, friendly, and encouraging atmosphere for players to express themselves creatively in. as the creator of this game I am at your disposal so if there is anything I can do to enhance your playing experience let me know. Your enjoyment in this story is my number one concern.

What I expect from you.

I ask that people interested in joining the cast be willing to openly participate in making this game an enjoyable experience for everyone involved. This will largely be accomplished by open and free communication between players.

Ideally Iā€™d like to see players commit to 2-3 posts per week. Naturally not everyone has the same amount of free time as I do and wonā€™t always be able to achieve this expectation. I am aware that real life is demanding and I simply ask that players try to maintaining this pace when possible. In the event that long absences happen I ask that players keep their team mates informed of their changing schedules when possible so that the other players are aware when it might be necessary to adapt their interactions.

Most importantly have fun!

Game Rating: PG-17

This game is intended for mature players as violence, sexually suggestive situations, and adult language could occur. Letā€™s try to keep it tasteful please. I reserve the right to remove anything I deem too adversely graphic or otherwise inappropriate. Your character profile will be your application so please include this information somewhere on your characterā€™s profile and keep in mind that your profile will be what I use to determine your access to the game.

If for some reason a plotline should move in a direction that is particularly violent or sexual I request that cast members actively take advantage of ā€œthe Fade to Blackā€ method of approaching these scenes. Extreme violence or sexually explicit romance should be either tastefully implied or avoided all together.

Keep in mind this is Labyrinth!

Applications Notes (IMPORTANT):

I am currently looking for the following:

Canon and Original Characters.

APPLICATION

Required application Information:

Character Name:

Occupation (if applicable):

Age they appear and/or are:

Physical Description:

Personality:

History:

Magical Ability (if any):

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION NEED FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN KoTL:

Race and or species grouping:

Personality strengths: (Pick a few and describe in single words. These should help characters who want to become Knights.)

Personal weakness: (Traits that hinder the characters abilities to uphold the expectations of Knighthood.)

Possessions: (For example Sir Didymus carries a scepter on his person just as hoggle carries his various 'Jewels')

Technical Skills: (such as alchemy, botany, medicine, archery, fencing, logic, or magic.)

Motivation: (Why does your character want to be a knight?)

Quote: (Your character quote is meant to define your characters general philosophy as a knight and can be as abstract or as specific as you like)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CassilineVow
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!