Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Moon Wolf Chronicles~ Dawn of a Hero

Moon Wolf Chronicles~ Dawn of a Hero

a part of “Moon Wolf Chronicles~ Dawn of a Hero”, a fictional universe by dawnfire07.

In Aurora Forest the six wolf tribes are in danger. the tribes will soon find a powerful pup. Will she be their only hope?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Moon Wolf Chronicles~ Dawn of a Hero”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Moon Wolf Chronicles~ Dawn of a Hero

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:01 pm

It was one of the worst nights he had gone through since his mother had died. Images of a wolf, fangs bloody, claws sharp, snarling threats at him. And no matter how hard he seemed to run, he could not gain any distance from this beast. Quite the opposite, it seemed the faster he ran, the closer the wolf got, until he was within range of those sharp, bared, teeth...
Okari woke with a shiver, and shot nervous glances around the cave. He saw the first lights of dawn coming into the den, and he pulled himself together. Water always helps in times like this, he thought. Stretching his weary limbs, he went out of the den and over to the river, where he dunked his head in the freezing water. To say the least, that cleared his mind. "Now I'm awake..." he said to himself. He had obviously said it loud enough other's heard him, and he saw Silver and Sunlight come out.
On the way to their training, Okari asked Sunlight, "So what exactly do we do when we train? Try to beat each other up?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Krypt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:51 pm

" Actually, we usually train alone, with just us and our mentors. Since we're training together, i'm guessing we are supposed to compete with each other. If we're doing battle training then we will battle each other, but claws sheathed. If we're hunting, we'll just have to get more prey than the other wolves." Sunlight said with a twinkle in her eyes. Then we arrived to what Sunlight called the training hollow. When we walked inside our mentors were there. Sunlight's mentor was Snowy Pine. Snowy Pine was a white wolf with jade green eyes. " Today, all three of you will have a hunting competition. We will test your hunting skills and whoever brings back the most and best prey wins." Stormy Sky announced. We walked to a small forest right next to camp. " Since the woods are still unsafe, we have chosen for you to go in this forest. It will be safe, since it is right next to camp. Now, are you three ready?" Stormy Sky asked. We nodded our heads, ready for the challenge. " Alright. Ready. Set. Go!" he yelled. Then we were off. A while after we left our mentors, i had managed to collect an admirable pile of prey. I had been careful to hide it, since I didn't want any other predators around. I looked around,and realized that I was already at the border of the forest. Then I saw a flash of movement. " Caribou!" i thought. But they weren't supposed to be here until spring. Well, I guess I was in luck. They were still eating, so I wouldn't have to chase them down. I remembered what my mother had said. "Don't let the caribou see you. If they do, they will alert the pack and run away. You'll have to be a fast runner and have a very good stratagy to hunt down a running caribou" she had said. I went around them and tried to stay hidden as much as possible. I stayed downwind and scanned the pack. After a while, I found a good young and plump one. I then managed to jump on it and held on. It struggled a lot, but i managed to cut its wind-pipe. It fell to the ground while the rest of the pack escaped. I had a good amount of prey, especially with the caribou, so I decided to go back. While I was bringing my prey back, I wondered how Sunlight and Okari were doing.
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Okari set off on his own, eager as an early bird to get on the hunt. Not only did he want to out class his friends, but he wanted to impress his mentor, Wolf's Bane. There was something about Bane, as he insited Okari called him, that made him seem to have an air of superiority around him, something that made him seem he knew everything. Ah well, Okari thought, gotta focus on this hunt.
As he looked through the snow, he tried to find any traces of tracks the could lead him to his prize. However, when hunting alone with his sister, it was much easier to just guess and check where the prey was, because there was no other wolves around. Now that he was with a pack, the prey naturally knew to stay away from the area, lest they become dinner. He gave a sigh, watching his visable breath leave his mouth, in a swirling cloud of white, until it disapeared. Suddenly, he heard a sound, a crack more like it. Turning his head, he saw a buck and a fawn grazing in a field, where a few shoots of grass made their way up through the snow. He was disapointed he was not older or bigger, otherwise he would have surely taken them down. But being a pup, this would be near impossible, especially with the buck. Feeling defeated, Okari continued his search, all the while straying farther and farther from his pack, and not knowing how much time was really slipping by as he passed through this forest of illusion.

Krypt
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:29 pm

I entered the camp and found our mentors were we left them. " You got a nice pile of prey Silver Moon. Also i- wait, is that a caribou?" Snowy Pine asked in disbelief. I then saw the three mentor's eyes widen as they stared at the caribou. " Bu-but the caribou aren't supposed to be here until spring!" Snowy Pine exclaimed. " Well, I think Silver Moon has a good chance of winning." Stormy Sky said while staring proudly at me. I felt quite flustered just then. But what pup wouldn't be when 2 adult wolves are complimenting them? I was starting to get worried, since it was starting to get late and Sunlight and Okari hadn't come back yet. But then they came back, both holding an impressive catch. Any of us could win the competition. In the end, it was up to the mentors.

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 pm

In the end, Okari had tried going after a deer, although it wasn't the buck that he had wanted. He had actually gotten awfully lucky, the deer was so suprised at Okari's teeth digging into her leg, that she ran straight into a tree, knocking herself out, where she was easy for even a pup to dispatch. Not that anyone needed to know those details. Now he stood proudly by his prize, wondering where his mentor had gone off to, he wasn't around when he came back. "Pretty impressive, Silver. For a novice." Okari said to her, looking at the caribou. In reality, he was quite proud of her, but she didn't need to know that.

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:21 pm

"Hmph." I couldn't help but feel insulted when he said that last part. " Now, I want you to know that no matter who wins, all of you did an excellent job today. The winner is.......Silver Moon!" Snowy Pine announced. I felt awesome! "Good job Silver Moon!" Sunlight told me. " You really are a great hunter!" I was flatered that Sunlight supported me. I just hoped Okari felt the same....

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:44 pm

As usual, Okari was disapointed when he didn't win. It also kind of pained him to see that someone else was getting all the attention and praising. But without further to do, he forced himself to smile, and say "Congratulations" to Silver. Not really hungry to eat the prey that he had caught, Okari left the group to go get a drink of water. Seeing that the river was frozen over at that particular spot, he smashed a hole in the thin ice with his paw, and drank the revealed water. While he was drinking, his sister approached.
"What's up, Okari? You look like your irked. Someone step on your precious tail?" she taunted.
"Oh, go away Siel, I don't feel like fighting." Okari replied.
"Whatever, lazytail. My mentor taught me all about hunting, she said I'm going to be the best hunter in the pack!'
"Heh, I know someone who can prove that wrong..."Okari muttered, his words seething with jealousy towards the wolf he was referencing.
"What?" she asked.
"Oh nothing. Don't you have something you should be doing?"
"No, are you trying to get me to go away, big brother? If you do, all you have to say is-" she started.
"Just, please, go away." he said through gritted teeth, and he watched her run off, sulking. Meanwhile he collapsed on the riverbank, swirling his paw around in the water and thinking dark thoughts.

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Once the mentors had gone away I started chatting with Sunlight. After a while I noticed Okari was gone. " Hey Sunlight, where's Okari?" I asked her. " I don't know. You go look for him if you want. I am going to finish this tasty bunny!" she said while gazing hungrily at the rabbit she was eating. " Alright. See ya Sunlight." Then I went looking for Okari. I couldn't find him, so I went to the river I had seen while hunting. Luckily enough, I found Okari there. "Okari?" I asked as I approached. " Listen, I am sorry about the competition. I didn't mean to get all the attention. Besides, if I hadn't found those caribou, I would have surely lost to you." I told him. "Okari?" i asked when i saw that he wasn't moving. I let out a tear and it fell to the ground with a loud splash. I ran to the paws den in camp and curled up, thinking I had lost a friend because of some dumb caribou.

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Okari was looking at his reflection through the small crack that revealed the water, beating himself up on the inside. His eyes were to big, his face was too narrow, his fur was black, and unattractive. He could point out a flaw on every part of his body. He just wasn't good enough, not for his tribe, not for Bane...not for Silver. Oh that name! It made him feel so happy, yet so jealous, warm, yet so cold. He felt like he was an emotional shotgun when he was around her, and any moment buckshot would spew out! But that was just a silly metaphore, or something like that.
Okari heard someone coming, and raised his head to see Silver. He wasn't particularly sure if he wanted to see her right now, but she started talking before he could say anything. When he head the first part, he felt almost felt like a fool to have thought of her as a glory hog. Struggling with words, he didn't say anything, and watched her run off. Now, he wasn't one to cry, but seeing her openly shed a tear in front of him was pretty hard to bear. He had no idea whether he should follow after her, or give her some time alone. Deciding the first would be the best, he sighed, and got up.
"Look Silver...I am sorry I am such a sore loser" he started. It was probably that hardest thing in the world for Okari to apologize about his own faults, so the words tasted like vinegar in his mouth. "I guess I am just not used to...I dunno...a superiour? Will you forgive me?"

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:12 pm

I smiled. " Sure." I told him. Then i ran to the entrance of the den. " Come on! I'm hungry. Let's go eat." I called at him. I sped off and eventually found the fresh-kill pile. Seeing Okari trotting behind me, I picked out a large rabbit. "Hungry?" i asked Okari in a muffled voice. I set the rabbit down and we ate. Once we finished, I saw a large area packed with snow. " Come on Okari!" I called as I sped toward the place. I began dashing around and made large, powdery explosions. I remembered doing this with my brother, but the memory didn't hurt. This was fun, and it made me feel like a new-born pup again.

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:24 pm

The snow reminded him of the leaves that he used to jump in when his mother was alive, and Okari loved reliving the memory. Finding a big pile of loose powder, Okari got high upon a rock and jumped into it, snow flying in all directions. But something was wrong. He shouldv'e hit the ground, but he was still falling through snow? Suddenly, he fell through air, and hit an icy patch in a dark room. Looking up, he saw the hole he had fallen through, which had been covered by snow. "Hey Silver! Check this out!" he shouted up, looking around at the ice cave. The cave, with light coming in from above, refracted light in every direction, making beautiful crystals on the wall. Multiple passages presented themselves in the chasm, and as he cave a short howl, his voice bounced off the walls many times in the vast cave. What an adventure in the making!

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 am

I walked over to the hole Okari had fallen through and jumped in. I gasped when i looked around. The walls were made of gleaming ice crystals! " Okari, you found an ice cavern!" i exclaimed. " I have to tell Sunlight!" " Wait!" Okari called out. " What?" i asked. " Why do you have to tell Sunlight? Let's just make this our secret place. deal?" he said. "Well...okay. Deal." i replied. Okari smiled. " Well, if this is gonna be our place we have to know our way around right? So let's explore!" I told Okari. He nodded. We dashed through the cave and found paths leading to rooms. "Wow." i said as i looked around the ice clearing. "An entire clan could fit in here! Hey, Okari? Let's pretend we have our own tribe. It'll be fun!" I exclaimed. "Well..." Okari considered it. " Please?" i said, putting on my famous cute face. "Alright. Tomorrow after training?" "Tomorrow after training." I agreed. I went to the den and could hardly sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a blast!

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:43 am

Okari seemed to have spaced when they were leaving the cave, because he wasn't sure how they had gotten through the hole on the ceiling, but he decided to ignore that fact. Running after Silver, all his emotional buckshot had gone away, and now he was simply joyful. He finally had a place of his own! No worries! Hakuna Matata! And Silver could keep a secret, couldn't she? As he layed down in the den, anticipating tommorow after training, he began wondering what the ice cave looked like when the Spring came, with all her rain. Would the ice melt? Would it just look like a stone cave? Would to be really wet from all the melted ice? Or would it stay just cold enough down there that the ice can't melt. Well, he thought with a sigh, only time will tell. And with that he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:58 pm

I felt someone shaking me. "Silver! Silver! great news! We don't have to train today! But Okari still does. Wolf's Bane wants to train him to be the best he can be." Sunlight exclaimed. " Well then, lets go Sunlight!" i told her. "Let's go to the river. i'm kind of thirty, and we can hunt there." i told her after we were outside. " Yeah, me too. " After we arrived at the river we hunted and both got 2 squirrels. We ate one squirrel and decided to bring the rest to camp. " Lets get a drink now." Sunlight walked over to the frozen river and tried to paw through the ice. "Ugh, its stuck!" I would tell she was getting frustrated. " I'm gonna go further." She ran to the center of the ice and started pawing at it. " Wait Sunlight! Come back! The ice could break!" "Don't worry! It w-Ahhhh!" Sunlight's sentence was cut off by her scream. The ice had cracked, and she was struggling to stay above the water. I swam after her, and we both managed to grab a hold of a boulder sticking out of the water. "Great, now we're both stuck" I thought. "Someone help!" we both screamed. I just hoped the person that heard wasn't that black wolf.....

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:34 pm

"Aw, Bane, do I really have to go out there again? Alone?" Okari complained, looking up at his mentor, who he could already tell wasn't going to budge.
"Yes Okari. Your not going to always have a companion in your life, best you learn that now." Wolf's Bane responded, looking over him, his face revealing nothing.
"Fine. I'll go then." Okari mumbled.
He started through the forest, keeping to the spots where the snow was packed harder, for it was easier to walk on. He had been going at this reasonable pace for some time, when he heard a strange sound. Almost, like a squeal. Cocking his head, he focused his mind on that sound, zeroing in on where it was coming from. The river! There was something familier about that noise...he knew that someone familer was making it. Running towards the sound, it finally clicked what they were saying. Silver needed help. Increasing his pace threefold, Okari ran to the river, shouting "I'm coming! Don't worry!"
Hopefully he would get there in time...

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Soon I saw Okari. " Okari! Over here!" I yelled, hoping he could hear us over the river. I was worried. This current was strong, even stronger than before. Okari might make it, but that was highly unlikely. Even if Okari called Wolf's Bane over, would Wolf's Bane be able to make it?

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:00 pm

The rush of the river was deafening, and Okari was suddenly thrust into the role of saving them from peril. As Okari ran along side it, he tried to keep up with the pace of the rushing current. He managed to break even with the current, but wasn't able to gain any ground on Silver and Sunlight. If only they could slow themselves down...
Okari frantically looked around for ideas, but the one time he needed his intuition it failed him. Whatever he did, he better do it quick, his stamina was failing.

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:50 pm

I watched as Okari splashed around, trying to keep his head above the water. Water had been splashing against the rock, and i eventually lost my footing. I fell into the water with a splash and figured that since I was already in the water i should help Okari. I let the water carry me over to where he was and then started paddling. I wrapped my tail around his so that if one of us went under, the other would help us resurface. Or the drowning wolf would take both of them down. Finally we managed to get to the bank of the river. Since my fur kept most of the water out I told Okari to keep an eye on Sunlight while I got Bane. I went into the forest and found Wolf's Bane. I told him what had happened while we ran to the river. Once we were there, Bane jumped in and swam to the boulder Sunlight was holding on to. " Please let Sunlight be okay..."

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krypt on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Okari shook the water from his fur, the cold numbing him to the bone. All the while, he was concentrating on Bane, who was bringing Sunlight to the shore. Okari was amased by the pure power that Bane exhibited as he swam from the shore to the middle of the roaring river, and back. He wondered if he would ever be like him. Finally, he made it back to shore, reached his head out of the water , and dropping Sunlight on the snow, while he remained in the water, struggling to pull himself up. Meanwhile, Okari concentrated on Sunlight, trying to keep her alive. Her eyes were closed, and Okari rolled her over so that it would be easier to breath...if she was breathing. But while he was concentrating on Sunlight, he didn't see Bane slip back into the water, having been exhausted from struggling against the river.

Krypt
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:17 pm

"Sunlight! You okay?" I asked her. She coughed out some water then managed to say a raspy "Yeah". Then i noticed Bane was gone. " Hey Okari? Where's Bane?" I asked. "What are you talking about? He's right here." he said with a confused face. When he turned around his face was absulutely horrified. We searched and searched for traces of Bane for hours. We didn't find anything, and when we stopped to rest, Okari looked defeated and old. I felt sorry for him. I know I would have felt heart-broken too if I knew my mentor had dissapeared and might not come back. Then again, none of us had a mentor-apprentice bond as strong as Okari and Wolf's Bane. We went back to camp and informed Sanse about it. He sent out a search party and told us to go to sleep. All the other apprentices were asleep when we came. I looked at the moon and it somehow reminded me of crystals. "Crystals!" i thought. I guess Okari and my visit to the ice cavern was going to have to be rescheduled.

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!