Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

RolePlayGateway Volunteers Needed

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

RolePlayGateway Volunteers Needed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:49 pm

As I know many of you are aware, the site has taken a few stumbles this past year. The server issues last fall proved an especially hard setback that reduced our user base and demoralized our community.

With that said, we're still here. The site continues to churn onwards, stories continue to be written, and users continue to call this place home. It is my wish to see the site more than just endure though. It is my wish to see it thrive.

To that end, this is a call-out to the users as a whole to help us achieve that.

The staff of RolePlayGateway are asking for volunteers among the users to help return this place to what it's meant to be. A roleplaying community to provide you, the users, the opportunity to build lasting friendships, while offering the tools and guidance to make it possible for roleplayers of all skill levels to improve upon their writing in a safe and supportive environment.

Volunteers who contribute consistently and handle themselves responsibly may be considered for staff positions in the future. Anyone interested in volunteering, please PM Dashmiel directly.

This is a short list of what we currently need.

Welcome Center Recruiting: The most important thing that we need is GMs wading into the Welcome Center. Mind you, we don't want to see people just flinging links at new arrivals. What we do want to see are users taking the time to go in there and talk to these people. Get to know them, find out what kind of roleplays they like, and then help them join one. We’re a large site and that can be intimidating for new users trying to find roleplays to join. Nothing keeps new users around better than holding out a hand to them and giving them an actual person to talk to. Also by supporting each others roleplays we strengthen our community as a whole. If you also happen to find a diamond in there for your own roleplays then all the better.

Chat Monitors: We're looking for users willing to volunteer their time to helping monitor the chatroom. These users will remain anonymous, and their responsibility will be to log and screenshot rule violations to be PMed to Dashmiel.

Forum Trawlers: We also need users willing to trawl the forums and report any issues they come across. These can range from rule violations, to spam-bot posts, to threads being posted in the wrong forums. The more eyes we have around the forums, the easier it is for staff to keep on top of everything.

Multiverse Revival Efforts: The Multiverse is our longest lived roleplay on this site, and she has served as a beacon for new players for years. In many ways this roleplay embodies the very spirit of RolePlayGateway; a safe haven for writers of all skill levels to come together under one roof as a community. Her heartbeat has always been tied to the health of the website and its community, and if we leave her to wither then we're sacrificing a huge part of RolePlayGateway's history.

It goes without saying that over the years the Multiverse has had her ups and downs, and her good years and bad. One thing has always remained consistent though. There have always been players who are willing to pick her back up when she stumbles and falls. With so many old players moving on, it's time for a new generation of Multiverse players to take up that mantle.

She needs new blood, and she needs players dedicated to seeing her vision revitalized once more.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!