Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Trigun RP anyone?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Trigun RP anyone?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CalmPandemonium on Mon May 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Trigun

If you are not familiar with the manga or the anime that fine here are some references that you can check out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigun

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... .php?id=88

Going along the lines of a space western, Trigun runs along the same sort of genre as Cowboy Bebop and other like anime. A steam punk feel makes it drawing and engaging, a vast world awaits that can be easily manipulated into a roleplay setting. I am fairly familiar with the the anime series and has taken time to research the manga as well, considering some poetic license was taken when the anime was made. At first I thought I would never like Trigun, I was exposed to it back when it was on adult swim along with other anime like Dragon Ball Z and Full Metal Alchemist.

Entirely on accident I found myself drawn into the humor of Vash's antics and all around bad luck. After finding out that I was actually watching the fifth episode I found myself disappointed that I had missed out on the first four episodes. I guess it goes along with the saying you cant judges a book by it's cover. When promo's for the show were shown I just assumed it was some western anime and that I would never like it. But as the anime progressed and the humor evolved into the seriousness of Vash's past and the reason the human race was in the shape it was on the planet Gunsmoke made it even more drawing for me. Also the introduction of my favorite character Nicholas D. Wolfwood, a man doing the wrong thing for all the right reasons and his blooming friendship with Vash and the "Insurance Girls" Meryl Stryfe and Milly Thompson. Wolfwood has to fight with his on ideas on how the world works against, Vash's moral code of not killing. Besides you can't go wrong with a character that is a priest that chain smokes, drinks and carries an arsenal of weapons contained within a giant cross that also turns into a giant machine gun/rocket launcher, Wolfwood just screams bad ass to me.

I plan on basing the RP more so on the anime than the manga just because I am more familiar with the anime. But I am willing to get any input from anyone who is familiar with the manga more that I am, I would love to use aspects from the manga. For those of you not familiar with either the anime or the manga I will warn you now this is a Spoiler Alert!

In the anime Nicholas D. Wolfwood is killed by Chapel in a gun fight, but I loving the character so much has devised a plan for that not to be so. Taking some of my own poetic license I plan that Wolfwood was found in the abandoned church barely clinging to life. Now I have several ideas on the character that finds him either another elderly Priest that just happened to be passing through. Who like Wolfwood has a past of doing the wrong things in the name of good. Or a supernatural angel like character that is sent by God to save Wolfwood. In both cases Wolfwood is in a coma like state for sometime and has trouble remembering his past fully when he awakens.

Milly Thompson in the anime becomes a romantic interest of Wolfwood, this is not so in the manga but like I said before they took liberties when making the anime. If this roleplay does happen to go through I will be playing her. The ditsy, almost amazon when compared to her partner Meryl has a sweet innocence that has always appealed to me. In the anime however it is heavily hinted that the night before Wolfwood gets into the gunfight with Chapel they share a romantic encounter. I plan on the result of that encounter be that Milly is pregnant with Wolfwoods child. Wolfwoods whole reason for doing what he did was for an orphanage I plan that Milly wanting to feel closer to the man she loved and believing he is dead, has taken up the mantle of caretaker of the orphanage.

Vash is the main character, and can be very complicated. Most see him as the tall, lanky, goof ball but those who know him personally know he harbors allot of pain. He has lived on Gunsmoke since the SEEDS ships crash landed on the planet, at 131 years old it is obvious that Vash is no mere human. With other super human abilities and the "angel arm" a giant weapon that comes out of his arm when activated that has devastating effects. Vash has fought with himself and his brother Knives for years. However at the end of the anime it is up in the air whether he kills Knives or not. I have my on theory and decided to use it in the Roleplay. I believe that Vash did not kill his brother, but put Knives into a state where he has to be dependent on Vash. He fearing what Knives might do to the Insurance Girls has separated from them. This is hard for him because of his feelings for Meryl. It is obvious not only in the anime but in the manga that there is a possibility that Meryl Stryfe and Vash have romantic feelings for each other that they do not know how to express. So he has been traveling alone with a almost totally dependent Knives.

Meryl Stryfe is an interesting character total proof that dynamite comes in small packages. The spunky sometimes uptight Insurance Girl just couldn't believe that Vash was the man they had been made to follow by their boss at the Bernardeli Insurance agency. But as time went along she realized that so many of these so called disasters caused by Vash The Stampede was blamed on him and he was doing his best not to hurt or kill anyone. As time went on it became apparent in the last episodes that her feelings had turned to affections. At the end of the anime Milly encourages Meryl to go after Vash, but knowing Meryl's personality that wouldn't happen. In Roleplay I plan on her staying with Milly trying to help her through her pregnancy. I also have a feeling that she would have made a false report that Vash the Stampede was dead just to take the heat of the bounty off of Vash.

Knives Millions, Vash's brother and the protagonist from the anime. He has a hatred for humans and would be happy if they all dropped dead. He however is always at odds with his brother who has a love for the human race, in their final battle in my version Vash takes his means of fighting by getting rid of the gun that let him activate the angel arm. So he has been with Vash since then. I would like to see him either have a change of heart and grow to love the humans, perhaps a female character befriends him and through her he learns that the humans are not the parasites that he thinks they are.

Now I know this is all allot Im actually surprised my ideas came out to be that long. But obviously some things are still needed to make a roleplay. Like a new protagonist, we really need to come up with someone who is worse than Knives so much so that Knives thinks about joining forces with his brother. Or if anyone can come up with any ideas Im very laid back and willing to work with someone to make this RP possible. A CoGM would be great it's always nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of. So go ahead and post your ideas, whether you'd be interested or whether you think Im nuts to even think of making an RP of Trigun. Anything would be appreciated ^.^
Click on Vash to see my idea for a Trigun RP =^.^=

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CalmPandemonium
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Trigun RP anyone?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CalmPandemonium on Tue May 07, 2013 7:08 pm

Bumping it up!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CalmPandemonium
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CalmPandemonium on Wed May 08, 2013 8:17 pm

This Bump is OVER 9000!!!

CalmPandemonium
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CalmPandemonium on Fri May 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Yes Im afraid its that time again. And here's the Bump to prove it.

CalmPandemonium
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CalmPandemonium on Mon May 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Bumpstreets Bump Alright!

CalmPandemonium
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu May 30, 2013 2:17 am

I really wish I could be of help, but I am not a fan of Trigun. If you'd like to do another fandom based on Naruto or Shippuden, I could help out with that. I've really been craving a good dark Naruto RP. This would also be based in an alternate reality, where things that can't happen in the series actually do happen.
"]Image

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!