Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Unwitting Bonds of Blood

a topic in Vampire Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Unwitting Bonds of Blood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:49 pm

Damien Cavalier was an orphan. Ever since he was little, he lived at the orphanage with no parent or relatives to care for. But that did not prevent him being compassionate towards others. Kindness and understanding is what he strived for in life, even though some people treat him differently.

In the orphanage, the government supported the childrenā€™s schooling. Damien met Jace Mandrake while he was in high school. It took them some time but finally, they became honest with each other. Ever since then, theyā€™ve always been together.

Damien Cavalier had medium length dark brown hair as well as a pair of deep brown irises on his almond shaped eyes. His skin is radiant white with a little bit of stubble on his diamond shaped face. His teeth are white and perfect.

That night, Damien was headed out to meet Jace. The last thing he remembered was being struck by that car while trying to cross the street. At least thatā€™s what he thought it was. It was snowing that night. The boulevard was covered with beautiful pure white. Then just like a piece of art on canvas, the white was colored with streaks of roses red blood. Before his vision turned into black, he saw his life flashed before his eyes. He saw the memories he had with Jace Mandrake.

It felt like a dream, floating in mid-air, overwhelmed by all the darkness. He heard voices but couldnā€™t tell where it came from. The only thing he was sure was that he misses Jace and the freckles on the young manā€™s cheeks.

Light shined through one corner of the void. Damien reached of it with one hand. Before he could, he was dragged back. There he remained in the darkness, feeling very much alone. One night, he started feeling strange, more than usual. Images started to fill his vision. Finally, he saw his face. The face he had been missing so much.

Damien was lying on his back, looking up to the young man who was looking down on him. ā€œJaā€¦ Jace,ā€ he said. Quickly, he got up and hugged the black haired man, eliminating all source of sadness.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shadereen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Unwitting Bonds of Blood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:25 am

"Come on, come, come on!" Jace cried as he stared at his unmoving lover.

This had to work! It had to. He couldn't loose Damien. He'd... he'd die if Damien never woke up again. He would do anything to save him; was doing everything to save him. He had been searching day in and day out trying to find a way to save his lover from death and suffered many sleepless nights in an empty bed just searching. He had stumbled upon a woman claiming to be a witch and he had gone to her, seeking some sort help and had received it. She had warned him that going down this route... there would be no way to reverse the outcome and there were consequences but he had thrown caution to the wind. All he knew was that he had been running out of time and his poor lover had been in a comma he'd never wake from. Though his lover's body lived, the doctors had told him that Damien's brain had died during the operation and there was no way to save him.

Jace panted and his whole body shook in exhaustion. The spell he had had to use was difficult, long, and bodily taxing. He had drawn the symbols around his lover's bed with the chalk the witch had given him and lit all candles around the room in the positions as instructed. Jace had the makeshift alter in front of him which held the salt, the minerals, water, his own blood mixed with Damien's, and a pig's heart which he had bought easily enough from the European store down the street. He had spoke the incantations over and over, and over again. It had to work.

The candles flickered but his lover didn't move. Jace sat there, staring at the man he loved more than his own life. Why wasn't it working? Why? He had done everything! Jace felt a bit disheartened and slumped against his lover's bed and just cried. He couldn't help it. He was exhausted and just emotionally drained. If he didn't succeed now... his lover was lost to him forever. Jace ran blood stained hands through his disheveled dark hair.

"Damien... Damien..." he cried. He sat up a little and edged closer to his lover and caressed the pale cheek softly and leaned down to kiss his cold lips. Jace was about to turn away when he heard something. He looked down and his eyes widened when his unmovable lover suddenly lunged at him. The two fell backward and Jace winced when he banged his head against the hard floor.

"Damien!" he cried and hugged him tightly against him an kissed him deeply. "Damien! You're alive! It worked! It worked!" he laughed as more tears fell down his face. This time, it was tears of joy. Jace couldn't help but kiss him again desperately. "I thought you'd never open your eyes again," he murmured against him.
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:16 am

ā€œDamien!ā€ Jace cried and hugged Damien tightly against him, kissing him deeply. ā€œDamien! You're alive! It worked! It worked!ā€ he laughed as more tears fell down his face. This time, it was tears of joy. Jace couldn't help but kiss him again desperately. ā€œI thought you'd never open your eyes again,ā€ he murmured against him.

With a chuckle, Damien gently pushed Jace slightly back, thinking that the black haired teenager was just kidding with him. ā€œWhat are you blabbering about? Are those real fake tears?ā€

He laughed some more and turned his head to see where they were. That was when he noticed the candles. At first he thought it was romantic. It ended when he saw what seemed to a bloody heart on a self-made altar. His eyes paled as he continued to examine the place.

ā€œWhaā€¦ Whatā€™s going on here, Jace? Where are we?ā€ he asked in a frightened tone.

shadereen
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Jace sat up on the floor and looked up at the man. He caressed his face lovingly and kissed his cheek and then his neck and shoulder as the man turned his face away from him. "I love you, Damien... and no, these aren't fake tears. They are real," he said softly and hugged the man tightly. He was just so happy that the man was moving again and alive. He was relieved beyond belief. He just wanted to collapse in bed and sleep his nightmares away. He had Damien again. At the frightened question, he swallowed hard.

Jace pulled his lover around to face him and sat him down comfortably. "Damien... it is a long story. A little while ago you were coming over and you got hit by a truck. You were in a comma and the doctors were trying to help you. During an attempt... your heart stopped beating and you stopped breathing..." he said as more tears started to fall down his face again. "Your heart... an' wouldn't start up again for a while and when they.... when they finally revived you... it was too late for your brain. Your brain died and the doctors told me that... that you were already gone. You'd never wake up again." Jace couldn't help but cry against his lover.

"I couldn't loose you. I just couldn't. I happened to find this witch lady and she gave me the candles.. an incantation... and she told me what to do to bring you back. You are at my house right now and I did everything she told me to do and now... now you are alive again," he smiled and laughed a little. He caressed Damien's face lightly. "Everything is going to be okay now. We just need to get us cleaned up and go to bed. I'll clean this place up tomorrow. How are you feeling? Are you okay? Do you need anything?

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Damien could hear Jace swallowing hard, probably from nervousness. As Jace pulled him around to face him and sat him down comfortably.

At Jaceā€™s explanation, Damienā€™s brows furrowed and his mouth gaping slightly without words coming out. He couldnā€™t believe it. Jaceā€™s face seemed serious with and drenched with tears. But the explanation was just too absurd for Damien. But he did remembered getting hit by some sort of vehicle. When he examined his body, he saw Jace's bloody fingerprints smeared all over him.

When Jace asked about his well being, Damien did not answer the questions. Instead, with trembling hands and legs, he got up and looked out the window. His eyes widened to more confusion when he saw the scenery. It was no longer snowing. It was night and the full moon was out. The streets are dry, grasses are green, and colourful flowers are blooming beautifully. It was spring, right after winter.

How long have I been out?

His feat gave away and he fell on his knees. He froze there, eyeing the floor which had a sigil drawn with white chalk. Although everything seemed to be strange, he believed every words that came out of Jaceā€™s mouth. Without turning his head, he spoke and said to the black haired young man. ā€œIā€¦ I need time to process the whole thingā€¦ Letā€¦ Letā€™s just clean ourselves first.ā€ With that, he held out his hand for Jace to hold and lead him to the bathroom.
Last edited by shadereen on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:56 pm

"Okay," Jace answered his lover. He slowly stood up and helped Damien gain his feet as well. Jace quickly blew out the candles since he had no desire to wake up to a burnt living room, and pulled Daamien to his bathroom. Since by all rights Damien had been dead, Jace was very careful with the man. He wanted to make sure the man didn't hurt himself. He had no idea what was going on in the man's body. Jace sat the man down gently on the toilet seat before he turned on the water and tested it to make sure it wasn't too hot.

"Are you sure you are okay? Are you thirsty? I can go get you some water while you get into the shower," he said and hurried off without waiting for a reply. Jace often ran off to do something without waiting. It landed them into arguments every once in a while, but Jace was frantic enough as it was currently. He returned with a glass of water for Damien and smiled at his lover. "Do you need help showering? I figure you must be feeling a little weak, right?"

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:37 pm

After waiting for Jace to finish blowing out all the candles, they entered the bathroom. It was clean and calming, much better than how the bedroom looked at the moment.

The current situation was just confusing for Damien. When Jace sat him down on the toilet seat, Damien thanked him. The black haired young man started preparing water in the bathtub. That was what Damien liked about Jace. The black haired young man was always very attentive towards him although sometimes it could get too much. Once again Jace asked about his wellbeing, asking whether Damien was thirsty and needed water. Before Damien could answer, Jace went ahead and got some for him. His lips creased into a smile and he accepted the glass of water. And again Jace asked about his wellbeing. For Damien, it was getting a little irritating and it showed in the furrowing of his eyebrows.

ā€œIā€™m alright Jace,ā€ he said to Jace and placed a gentle hand on his arm. ā€œIā€™m not disabled yet.ā€

Then, he turned to look in the mirror. His eyes blinked once, then twice. The reflection seemed strange. For that reason, he got up and took a step closer to the mirror and examined it by touching the glass.

ā€œJace, did you change your mirror?ā€ he asked. ā€œHow come I can see your reflection but not mine?ā€

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Jace looked down at the man and tried to just calm himself. He knew he was probably making matters worse for the man, but he couldn't help it! He had just been so worried about Damien. He had faced the reality of never being seeing or being with Damien ever again. Damien had died in his arms. It was still so new in his own mind that touching the man and staring at him would be the only evidence that Damien was alive that he'd believe. "Sorry," he said softly and squeezed the man's hand.

At the question, Jace frowned and turned towards the mirror. His eyes widened and he to touched the mirror and looked back at Damien. He was right. Damien's reflection was notably absent. "I... I don't know. That is so weird..." Jace took the man's hand and pressed it against the glass, and still no reflection. "I honestly don't know, Damien."

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:19 am

Jace was just as surprised as Damien was.

ā€œIā€¦ letā€¦ this isā€¦ā€ Damien shook his head and sighed. He couldnā€™t find the words and decided to just let it go until the next day. ā€œLetā€™s just clean ourselves up.ā€

Since both of their cloths are bloodied, Damien decided to drag Jace under the shower and drenched both of them with rushing droplets of warm water. He wouldnā€™t let it be only Jace who takes care of him that night. He wanted to return the favour. His cheek was placed next to Jace's while his hands slowly made its way unbuttoning the black haired young manā€™s shirt.

ā€œI help you, you help me, alright?ā€ Damien grinned and met his eyes with Jace's. He then kissed the black haired boy passionately on the lips.

The next thing he knew, it was already morning. They were naked in bed. The sun rayā€™s bathed the wooden floor, lighting up the room. They were in a different room from yesterday. Damien wouldnā€™t sleep in the room with the bloody pigā€™s heart altar. Usually it was cool in the morning. But somehow, he felt uncomfortably warm and thirsty.

ā€œWake up.ā€ He prodded Jace with his feet.

Lifting his arms upwards, he stretched his body and yawned at the same time. Lazily he shifted and moved his legs to the floor. When one of his feet touched the sunā€™s rays, it quickly reddened and boils abruptly appeared on it.

ā€œArrrghh!ā€ he screamed and jumped back in bed, clasping his foot. ā€œThat fucking burns! What the fuck is wrong with today's sun light?!ā€

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Jace had been sleeping peacefully beside his lover with a little smile on his face. He had gotten more sleep that night than he had since Damien was in the hospital. He was warm, comfortable, and safe. He didn't want to move. When Damien nudged him, he just groaned and stretched out a little more on the bed and sighed happily. He was content with trying to fall back asleep, but that unfortunately wasn't in the cards for him.

When Jace heard his lover cry out, he jumped up in the bed all tense and ready to spring. He looked over at his lover with a frown. "What's wrong?" he asked a little baffled. He turned his gaze down when he realized Damien was holding his foot. His eyes widened when he saw the burn. "What the hell happened?" he asked as he hurried to his bathroom looking for the ointment he had that was supposed to help burns. "Does it look like a third degree burn? I didn't get a good look. I don't want to put water on it if it is. You'd need medical attention for that," he said and brought over the cream.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadereen on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:17 pm

It didnā€™t take long for Jace to bring Damien ointment for the burn. When he did, Damien clasped Jaceā€™s shoulder and looked at the black haired man in the eyes with a sharp frown curved with his eyebrows. With his limping leg, he pulled Damien to the inner parts of the house where the sunlight couldnā€™t get to him. It was fortunate that Jaceā€™s house was large mansion.

ā€œI think Iā€™m ready to know what really is going onā€¦ā€ said Damien.

On the night before, his mind was too much jumbled up to think right. That morning, he was ready to process what actually happened. He remembered last night about the altar, how the seasons changed in one night, and that he couldnā€™t see his reflection in the mirror. And just a moment before, the sunlight burned him. If he really was hit by a truck, why were there no injuries or scars? It all didnā€™t make sense.

After Jace explained to Damien once more, the brown haired boy sat and leaned against one of the sofa and thought hard. Jace mentioned something about a witch lady the night before. Damien didnā€™t believe in sorceries or witch craft in the modern era they were in, but he didnā€™t rule out the possibilities.

She may know what happened to me, thought Damien. Iā€™m sure of it.

Slowly, Damien got off the sofa and walked to the next room where the sun rays beaming in through the glass window. He had to make sure about something. While still staying in the shade, out of the sunā€™s direct rays, he carefully exposed on of his finger to the light. Although he expected it, it still shocked him. The finger was suddenly engulfed in flame.

ā€œFuck!ā€ he screamed and winced, grasping his burnt finger and biting his bottom lip. His expression strained. With a sigh, he shook his head and he turned to Jace. ā€œI canā€™t get out of this house in this condition. You have to find that witch lady woman you talked about and find out what happened to me. Find out how to fix this.ā€ He pleaded, still grasping his finger. His body was trembling. ā€œPlease, Jace, please.ā€

shadereen
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Jace stopped what he was doing and swallowed hard. What happened to his lover? What did the spell do to him? For the first time since all of this happened, Jace felt that something was wrong. Before, his emotions had fueled him and forced him to continue down his path. Now that those emotions had finally subsided, he could see logic. What he had done.. it was black magic. He had brought his lover back when everything said that Damien should have died. He swallowed hard and caressed his lover's face softly.

"Jace, you were in a car accident and you were hurt really badly. You went into a coma. The doctor said you would never come out of the coma. That you were better off if I pulled the plug. I said no, but I didn't have the authority. Your family dose. They were going to pull the plug and I didn't want to loose you. I wanted to do everything and anything I could to bring you back. I found a witch and she gave me a spell. She told me there was a way to bring you back. I took you out of the hospital and brought you here to complete the spell. And it worked. You are here now. You are awake and alive.

"I... i didn't think about the consequences. I think.. I think the spell did something to you in order to bring you back. I am going to go back to the witch and figure out what happened. We can go together tonight if you want. You should rest. I'll cover up all the windows and make sure the sun doesn't touch you. Maybe this sun thing i just temporary. We'll figure this out. I'll make you some food and then I'll clean this place up. If you need anything, just let me know."

(sorry a bit meh. I have to get back into the groove of things :3)

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!