Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Volatile Elements {IC}

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Volatile Elements {IC}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey El, I won't be home tonight, but I left some pasta in the fridge for you.
See you tomorrow, Lacey. xxoo

Eleanor frowned as her eyes scoured the text message again, she was not at all impressed with her sister's cooking. They lived on pasta, it was about the only thing she could cook. Luckily she wasn't too fussy, and also had a bit of a talent when it came to concocting new toppings. Each day she tried something different, her ingredients ranged from ketchup to chocolate spread. She found that the latter did not seem to work very well.

Now that it was Summer Break though, she would be able to do the grocery shopping for herself. She quite enjoyed the thought of that, and if Lacey even dared to put down any type of Italian food on her list, Eleanor would strangle the woman herself.

Small crowds of teens dressed in the same uniform that Eleanor now adorned chattered excitedly around her. She walked by herself, as usual, but she smirked softly as she heard of all of the so called 'life changing' activities they were planning for their break. Shopping, dating, parties... the usual. All of those 'must do' things were certainly not necessary for one such as her. Shopping meant groceries, dating meant heartbreak, and parties well... she never received the invites.

Summer Break to her meant plenty of time alone. Lacey was almost always out anyway, so she could just lounge around and tune out for as long as she pleased. She blinked as she heard someone call out her name, and turned her head immediately in their direction. The girl that had addressed her was familiar, they used to be best friends if she recalled correctly. Eleanor smiled faintly as the girl stopped in front of her, almost out of breath from trying to catch up to her.

"Hey Eleanor, long time no see." She proceeded to wipe the hair out of her eyes, and straightened up, looking at her old friend. Eleanor simply nodded, waiting to hear why she was being noticed for once. "Um well, I was wondering... whether you wanted to catch up sometime? I mean... I know it's been awhile and stuff, but I've kinda missed you and-" She was quickly cut off as Eleanor spoke in soft, apprehensive tone, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll have any time." The girl's expression turned to one of disappointment, "Oh... well, see ya then El."

Eleanor gave the girl a quick wave before turning on her heel, regretting what she had said almost immediately. She wanted nothing more then to meet up with her again over the break, but she just didn't have the heart to put herself out there again. She did not want to be hurt.

Her mobile phone chimed in her pocket as she turned down another street, and as she flipped open her phone to read the message a desperate cry reached her. A loud horn sounded, causing her ears to ring. Her eyes widened and she quickly looked up, seeing a truck speeding towards her; she was right in it's path. Eleanor had no time to move, and the vehicle had no time to break. Preparing herself for the worst the girl covered her head with her hands, shutting her eyes tightly as she waited for the pain.

Something flashed just briefly across her mind. The massive waves of the ocean, and the glorious moon in the sky above them. Both of them were in perfect harmony.

Instead of being flattened she heard the sound of rushing water, and soon after that something crashing into a building. When she was sure that she was not going to be hit she opened her eyes, staring in awe at the scene unfolding in front of her. Three of the fire hydrants that lined the streets had practically exploded, sending a large surge of water into the side of the truck. By the looks of it there was enough force to drive it off course, sending it instead into the side of a building.

Eleanor was shocked as she saw her own hand outstretched, several of the witnesses now pointing at her, gaping at the sight. Had she done this? With no concern for the driver's condition, or anyone else's for that matter she swiftly fled, unable to remain there as so many looked at her like she was some kind of freak or abnormality... And that was when it all began.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Volatile Elements {IC}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:44 pm

It was about 19... no, actually, it was roughly 19 years ago that he was found, laying on the barren sidewalk out in the icy cold, wrapped up in rags, his skin turning a light blue; no one knew exactly where he came from, nor did they ever... he grew up just like any other boy, he grew up believing that his parents were who they... 'said they were.' He never found out, he never found out about being found, as far as he knew he was never lost.

His name was Callum, your average 'rich-kid', the spoiled brat who had every possible leisure known to man - giving little credit to his parents. Callum didn't work up to anything, he didn't even deserve half of it, but oddly, it was as if destiny chose this life for him. Now... ? He was the kid that everyone in town knew, he was the kid that everyone in town wanted to be like - even though he was a bit of a jerk... and an oddball. Some came to to think that Callum had a personality disorder, being someone that was constantly changing. At times he was a selfish incompetent prick while others he was sweet, kind, innocent, silly teenager - each day you just had to cross your fingers and hope for the best when it came to Callum, or 'Kal' as he prefered.

But, nonetheless, Callum had all the love you could imagine - even though most of it was fickle and a lie. Callum was popular, but he was constantly being used for everything and anything - it was kind of sad that he never truly figured it out even though deep down he sort of already knew; Callum was equally stubborn as he was loved. But enough of who he is, lets get down to the facts, because truthfully, this life that I just told you about is a lie. It took one summer for Callum to realize who he really was, one summer to realize that he was more than just a normal playboy...

Walking along the sidewalk, Callum whistled softly, his hands buried in his pockets and his eyes fixated on the ground - his hair covering his face. It was just another day spent hanging out with the other people who ditched the last day of school, partying, drinking, doing anything that would be considered dangerous - the usual. Callum was luckily not drunk, he escaped from the others after the switch went off - his little 'personality disorder' kicking in. Callum didn't really have a 'personality disorder,' he was just a very confused guy, someone who had a lot on his mind - even for someone who had everything he could possibly dream of.

Kicking a small stone onto the street as he walked, a loud screeching sound made itself present when a dark, tinted car turned the corner, abruptly stopping in front of him; it happened so fast, men with guns rushing out of the car, taking Callum as their captive. A bag was thrown over his head, and he was tossed into the trunk of the car, screaming to the top of his lungs. Who would dare kidnap Callum 'Kal' Caspar, the richest kid in town... ? Well probably anyone, especially if they were looking for a quick buck. It was obvious by now that his parents were indeed not hurting for money.

Thrashing about, fumes filled the trunk when the car skidded out, causing Callum to violently cough - this car was not the hottest on the market. "Old piece of shit..." Callum roared, - directed to the car- kicking the metal above him out of anger. Callum despised closed spaces, having a bit of claustrophobia himself. "Let... me... o..." Unable to finish his feeble cry for help, images flooded his head, images that Callum had never seen before - there were too many, so Callum was unable to focus on just one, but all of them were dark and cold... they would of been compared to nightmares if Callum could depict them.

When it was over, once the images had gone away... Callum could only see one thing, a forest; it was all so beautiful but eerie at the same time. The forest was lit up with beautiful colors, like the way the sun hit off the clouds when it set, but on the ground was a thick rising fog... the two were clashing against one another, but the fog was slowly consuming the light...

It began and ended at the same time, without moments notice Callum hit the sidewalk without removing the barrier that the trunk created, as if magic. The power that had so long slumbered inside of him had awakened - if anyone had seen, Callum literally fell right through the car... as if... he was... a ghost?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:14 pm

Rom rubbed her face tiredly. 'another day' she thought to her self. Rom hopped out of bed and pulled on some genes, followed by a white and green T shirt. She looked out the window and grinned. She opened the window and took a few steps back. She grinned and ran twards the window, she vaulted through the opening and caught the tree branch just outside her window. Letting go of the first branch she plummeted to the yard below. She spread her arms and caught another branch and abruptly stopped. Rom breathed a sigh of relief and hopped the rest of the way down. "I've been waiting all winter to do that" she laughed and grinned, her brother would be proud.

Rom's older brother Jhon had taught her a little bit of parkour before he left for colledge, his little sister hadn't been practicing as much as she could, who could blame her, it was cold in the winter. Rom ran through the back door into the small house she shared with her mother and her soon-to-be step dad. She grabbed her hoodie from the peg on the wall and pulled it over her head. "Bye mom, can I have a ride after school?" she asked as she grabbed an apple off the counter top. ""sure, don't forget Jhon is comming home in two days"" mrs. Phantom called out from the bathroom, she was getting ready for her day like Rom was. "I won't forget. bye mom" she called and ran out the door grabbing her book bag at the last second. Rom blinked her eyes from the sun and jogged to the bus stop. "another day" she smiled to her self as the yellow bus pulled up and opened the door.
Anywhere is walking distance, if you’ve got the time.

“A friend is one who walks in when others walk out.” [Walter Winchell]

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” [Leo Buscaglia]

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby castersage on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:54 pm

"What do you mean? Did i do something wrong?" Kylan had his phone up to his face, it was as though his heartbeat could be heard a mile away,"I dont understand? Your Dad? I doing care about your dad! I care about you!" Kylan's turned silent. He had a puzzled look up to his face, he turned the phone to where he could see it through his glasses. the screen read 'Battery Dead'. Kylan cursed and threw the phone at the walk,"Why!" His eyes started to water, he breathed deeply, but he calmed down and walked to the window.

Kylan lived in a 2 story house. He had one of the rooms on the top, the one where he could see the backyard, and the sun set over the Mountain. It always calmed him down, to see the suns set day after day, but he was to depressed to want to be happy. He heard a knock at the door to the enterance and exit to his room. He turned around, blinked his eyes a couple of times and said,"Come in."

His mom walked into the room. she had jade green eyes and long curly brown hair, she also had freckles around her nose, Kylan looked just like her in facial features, but he had his dads tan skin, and build,"Is everything ok?"She asked him. She was always worried about he son, she has never not worried about him its gotten to a point where hes desided to say shes so nosey.

"Oh. Oh nothing," He said slightly shaking his head. Alittle smirk apeared on his face,"Its just Mark. his dad, just doesnt understand." Kylan and Mark has been dating for 2 years, it was a secret from Marks dad, till a couple days ago. He found them in Marks room, cuddling. Kylan was made not to ever speak to Mark again, this hurt Kylan. Mark and Kylan where going to live together when they got older. This messed up everything.

Kylans mother closed her eyes, and went to Kylans bed,"Come sit Son." She ordered him.He walked over to her, and sat next to her,"Some parents. Just dont know what happiness truley is. They believe that everything needs to fall, in a certain order, my dear. Dont let it phase you," She put her hand on his shoulder, and gave him a smile," But today you and your father to up to the Mountains, to gather peaches. i know how you love my Peach Cobbler." She gave him a smile, and Kylan smiled back.

"Yes ma'ma," he said. he got up off the bed,"I think we'll be leaving soon." He walked to the door.

"your father is waiting for you in the front dear, hurry back." She called to him, as he walked out the door and down the stairs.

"Yes ma'ma!" He yelled back to her and ran down the stairs, through the living room, and out the door. his father had his back against the house. he was smoking his cigar. he always smoked a cigar before they went to the Mountais to get peaches or other fruits and vegetables,"Father, you ready?" Kylan said, stretching.

"I've been ready son," His Father said," Are you ready? Is the real question." Father said, throwing the remains of the cigar into the grass. That alway irritated Kylan. Kylans father was very built, he was a Feirce Cheif of a Indian village. But, because of money, he has a job to support his family, now he can only vist the village every now and them.

Kylan shook his head and smiled,"Look here old man. I could beat you all the way to the Mountains. You'd be eating my dust." Kylan said as they both walked to the side walk.

"Well, id like to see you try." Father said calmly, and started running down the sidewalk. Kylan looked puzzled,"Hey youre cheating!" Kylan called after his father.

Kylan and Father arrived at the mountains in 5 min. Kylan was gasping for breathe, and his Father gave a smile to him,"Tired?" He asked his son. They ran the whole way, while it would take someone 12 min. it took them 5.

"Just. Just alittle." He said gasping for air, they walked up the mountain, there was a long trail up the mountain. and at the top, a garden of different vegetables and fruits. Stampedes of wild Horses could be seen and heard runnong up and down the mountains, it could be very dangerous if you werent carful. Onced they got to the top, they began to pick peaches, and put the fruit in a sack, for Mother.

"You know. Youd make a good warrior, Kylan." His father started. They've been over this many times, it would either turn into an argument or utter disapointment." Youd like being the Chief. to have that title? For our People to treat you like a king? And not just a boy."

"Dad," He starting," I dont think id-" He was interuptted by a noise,"You hear that?" He asked. it was the sound ofr 100 people stomping at once. The trees started to shake and their feet started to tremble. Kylan looked behind him, 50 or so horses came running after them," Father! Run!" Kylan said. His father and him ran up the mountains and around the trees, the horses followed. they got to the peak of the mountain it did not come to a point, but a end, like a Canyon. Kylan looked back the Horses still followed, but now there where only about 20, and right behind him. His heart pounding fast as they got to the end of the Mountain, he looked to his Father, he closed his eyes. he pushed his father into a nearby bush, and he kept running. the Horses where only chasing him now,"Kylan!" His father yelled, he could hear his name beyond te beating of his heart, and the stomping of the horses. the End of the Mountains was before him the Horses where right behind him. He could see the Sun beyond the Mountains after the one he was on," So beautiful." He said, the jumped over the Mountain. Below him was a flat surface of Earth, no longer could he see the sun, he was now cover by the the Mountains shadow. He was silent, as he got closer to his death, he felt something inside him click, he could smell the dirt below him, his glasses came off his face. The ground was now milliseconds away, he frowned, as he touched the earth below him, he fel right through as though he was diving into a pool of water. He dissapeared for a moment, but then he slowly risen from underneith the ground. once his whole body was above the earth, he looked at his glasses, they were broken into tiny peices,"Wh-what?" He said to himself, as he sat in the shadow of the mountain. He was puzzled, and amazed.

castersage
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:17 am

Matsuro didn't understand at all. He walked up the side walk, giving the piece of paper a long gaze as he eyed it sharply. It had algebra on it, and he didn't understand what the symbols meant, and let alone how to solve the intresting problems on the paper. Of course to Matsuro they were the number of headache's he would have after thinking about all of this. He was on his way walking to the hospital after school today, and it was quite dark out. His parent's never worried, because he had proved to them he would be ok by disobeying them and coming home with no scratches every time. As he walked he could see the hospital in the distance, and yawned as he walked over to the hospital and though the front doors.

He mearly walked passed the lady at the front whom smiled when she saw Jordan. Jordan was 100% full of energy at all times, but he got depressed when he got into the hospitals, and normally kept quiet when in here. He considered this place a shrine that should be kept quiet and sacred. As he walked through, he looked through all the doors at the patients whom were being treated and such. He then opened the door that would lead him to the narrow stairs up. He took the flight of stairs 18 stories up and made it little time. He had ran at a nice rate, that helped him get there in a little amount of time.

As he walked out of the passage way, he walked into the hall, and walked towards room 204, that housed his brother. He took the flower that he had in his right hand, and put it in his left as he opened the door slowly. As he opened the door, and took a peak inside, no one was there. His eye widened as he stared for a few seconds at the bed, hoping that this was just a dream, his imagination. His brother was not due out of the bed for months, and now he was gone. Jordan quickly afterwards, dropped the flower, and opened the door to see the room was empty. He ran over to the bed to see that it had been made, but that no one was there. He began to panick as he backed up away from the bed, and his back hit someone. He stood frozen in place as he turned to see.......a doctor?

It was just a mere doctor that had scared him a bit. Before Matsuro was able to ask any questions and interrogate the man, he quickly said after clearing his throat.

"Your brother is being transported to the hospital down the street. He is half-way there right now, so don't worry." he said as Matsuro sighed. He then said.

"...Ok..." before walking out of the room. He decided as he walked out that the next day he would go to the other hospital and see his brother. As he prepared to walk out of the building, reaching the bottom floor, he walked into the lobby. As he waved and began to walk out, someone got in his way, and then passed him up. Shortly afterwards, that same man took out a gun, and fired at the roof, right as Matsuro passed him. Matsuro turned around and saw the man aim the gun at the hospital lady, then at the man next to him and fire the bullet at the man's leg. He then began to speak in slang, asking the lady to give him the money, or he would kill everyone. She said no, and he put the gun to his her head and pulled the trigger.

Her death was swift but seemed like it lasted a eternity, and the distance between her and the ground seemed like light-years. As she hit the ground after much time in Matsuro's eyes, he noticed the man had ran out of the Hospital. Matsuro ran out as well, chasing the man off of the main street into the woods near by. The man stopped as Matsuro tackled him into the grass, the gun falling on the ground. The man punched Matsuro in the face 3 times as he then knocked him off, and stood kicking him in the face causing him to fall as he stood.

Matsuro layed on the ground as the man picked up the gun, and walked over towards Matsuro and put his foot on his chest aiming the gun at his face.

"Never cross me. Too bad, your life has just been shortend" the man said as he then squeezed the trigger.

In the next instant, faster than anything ever seen, faster than a bullet itself, an explosion occured. It was about as big as a grenade, but the flames engulfed the forest for a bit, before the flames surrounding Matsuro, and coming to him. He screamed as he then suddenly stopped and noticed what had just happened.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby castersage on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:30 am

"how the..." Kylan spoke his back was against the mountain. His heart was still beating,"Did i just..?" Kylan then threw himself onto the rock surface, he placed both his hands flat on the ground. It was cold and hard. He still felt puzzled. To make sure it wasnt so tough quick sand, he banged on the ground over and over. The last time he did it he banged harder than the others, and before him a boulder of rock apeared, jumping up from underneith the earth. He jumped back at this site, he tilted his head at the boulder of rock,"Thats not normal..."He said confused and sarcasticly. He slowly got to his feet, he took the remains of his glasses, and walked to the boulder,"it seems as though....but...thats impossible." He begun to take to himself, he slowly brought his hand to the boulder, it was alittle blurry without his glassed but he managed. He then smiled, he took his hand off the boulder and brought his hand up to his face. He made a gun with his right index, he placed the tip of his finger on the boulder, he tilted his head and though,"If this works, i belong on the Ripley's Believe it or Not list." He then concentrated, and with a small gasp he said,"Bang." As the spoke this word. The boulder blew up into smaller rocks, he covered his eyes as this happened, he looked around at the little rocks and smiled hard,"Yes, i do belong on Ripleys Beileve it or not list."

"Kylan! No!" He could come how managed to feel his father on the tip of the Mountain, but could barely hear him.

"Oh, thats right. Im, suppose to be dead." Kylan told himself, he exhaled and shook his hands thinking of an idea, something to hell his dad,"Father, did you know about the river down here?" Kylan lyed to his father, his eyes widened and looked at the flat surface of rock behind him, then yelled back up," Its very. Very narrow, but deep!" Kylan then shook his head, he knew this was going to come back and hit him in the back.

"Kylan! Youre alive! Thank Mother Of Earth!" His father said.

Kylan rolled his eyes and told himself,"Yeah you can say that again."

"What?" His Father replied to Kylans comment. Kylan then bit his tounge,"Nothing! Nothing at all," Then he gave a sly smile and said,"Hey, ill be up there in a minute." He then calmly walked over the the Mountain he fell off of, and looked at a small portion of it, and tilted his head. He quckly punched into the Mountain with both fists, the Mountain then rippled like it was puddleds of water, he closed his eyes and stepped through. after 10 seconds of concentrating on the top of the mountain, and holding his breath, he could feel air hit his face, he want fulled out of the Mountain, he couldnt move, he looked over to his left, his father was bent over edge of the mountain. looking down. Kylans eyes widened, he concentrated really hard on getting completely out of the Mountain. till he was finally out.

"Kylan! Are you still there!?!?" His father yelled, as he did Kylan put is finger in his ear to mute the loud noise,"Dad im right here." Kylan said with a smile. His father looked back, twice the second time he stared at his son in disbelif. He walked over to his son and felt on his face to make sure it wasnt his imagination. he then had a puzzled look on his face. Kylan shrugged, then his Dad shrugged. the both smiled," Ill get the peaches, i think ill be able to beat you home, while carrying the peaches." Kylan said, turning his innocent smile to devilishly sly.

castersage
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:52 am

Eleanor slammed the door shut behind her, leaning back against it as she panted heavily. Her eyes were firmly closed, her cheeks red, a thin layer of sweat covering her. She had just ran several blocks to reach home, not stopping once because of what had occurred. The police would surely want to talk to the girl that had somehow caused several fire hydrants to explode. The many witnesses would overrule common sense, they would believe them, and she would be... well, what would happen to her?

Oh what a great Summer Break this was going to be...

When her breath had finally returned she let out a deep sigh, walking through the small apartment until she reached her room. She glanced into the bathroom and noticed a pile of clothes on the floor, obviously Lacey expected her to do the washing. She crossed her arms over her chest stubbornly and retreated to her room, certainly in no mood for cleaning her elder sister's clothes.

After burying her head in the pillows she shut her eyes, seeing that same image again. Although this time it did not leave her. Instead of opening her eyes, she viewed the scene before her with curiosity. Fearsome waves twisted below, the moon's broken reflection casting a sharp glare on the water's surface. The delicate circle of the moon was manipulated by the ocean below it, but it still retained most of it's elegance. She could almost hear the roar of the wind in her ears, the crash and sea spray flying as the water connected with the clifftops. It was relaxing in a sense.

A police car whizzed through their street, the loud siren jolting her out of her day-dream. Eleanor grumbled, rubbing her eyes as she rolled onto her side. She frowned as she looked at the clock, she'd been laying here for over an hour now. How had time passed so quickly?

After procrastinating for at least another five minutes, she made her way into the bathroom, side-stepping the mountain of dirty clothes before splashing her face with water. She could still see the reflection of the clothes in the mirror, and decided she may as well get on Lacey's good side for when she returned home.

She took some washing powder and poured it into the machine before stuffing the clothes inside. Before shutting the lid she made sure that the water was properly running, she then leaned back against the wall, listening to the soft trickle as the clothes became damp.

Eleanor rested her hand over her mouth as she yawned, blinking soon after as she stared at the water in the machine. All of it was resting at an angle, sloping to the left side. She frowned, walking closer and kneeling down to look in. Nothing seemed out of order. For some unknown reason, she lifted her right arm, the water immediately shifting to the right side. "Huh?" She whispered in a puzzle voice.

After toying around for several minutes she worked out that whichever arm she raised, the water would follow. She smirked slightly, and slapped her palms together, yelping as the door burst open and the floor was soon flooded. Soap bubbles covered her, her own clothes now sopping wet from the accident. When she finally rose to find the mop and bucket she scratched her head, growing more confused by the moment. "How in the world did I just do that...?"

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:31 am

""Rom get a, 1 by 4 about 3 feet long from the loft"" Shawn Paul said as he measured out a missing space from the large tree he was bracing. This tree would go stage left and hold a tire swing up during the end of the year play, only 2 days away.

"I'm on in Shawn" she said and set down the fake rock she was painting and walked over to the wood loft. A 20' by 10' platform where spare wood was stored during building of the set. She opened the gate and climbed the ladder. Beka looked around and found a board fitting Shawn's spesifications. "Hey Shawn, here" she said and passed the board down to him, waiting below.

""Thanks Rom, can you get Jimmy, he is working lights in the cat walks, we need him down here for a crew meeting"" Shawn called up to Rom. He took the wood under his arm and awaited an answer.

"Ok going to the moon, brb" she got up and laughed. Only she used text speak in real life. She grinned and climbed the ladder leading to the catwalks. A space above the ceiling of the auditorium, filled with wires, weak spots in the floor, and bars every where. Dangerious if you wern't careful. "Hey Jimmy" she called out. She looked over to her right as she saw her friend, wrapped up in wires and cables.

""hey beka"" Jimmy said and smiled. Rom had a huge crush on Jimmy. The senior stepped right and the floor broke under neath him. He fell down but the cables stopped his fall. He dangled 30 feet above the steel chairs of the auditorum. Rom jumped over to him on impulse and grabbed his hand.

where Rom was crouching, the floor also gave way and she fell, the wires and cables holding Jimmy up also broke. Rom looked at the ground. she couldn't remember how to fall safley in parkour. 'so this is how it ends?' She threw her hands out in front of her hoping to break her fall. She fell on what felt like an air bag, but softer. She was then on the ground. Looking at the boy next to her. He was unconcious. Rom looked at her hands, 'did i just do that'. She blinked and stared at her hands.

""Jimmy! Beka!"" Alex shouted and ran over to them, he was Jimmy'S best friend. ""what happened"" he yelled and looked over Jimmy.

'Good question' Rom thought to her self "the catwalks floor broke is Jimmy..." she broke off and looked at her friend. Alex was trained in first aid. He stood over his friend checking his pulse.

""We need to get him to the hospital come on!"" he yelled and picked up Jimmy over his shoulder and ran off. He stopped and turned around and looked at her. ""Come on you fell too, lets go"" he yelled and ran out.

Rom looked at her hands and ran after her friends. 'hang on Jimmy'.
Last edited by Phantom Rom on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:18 pm

Callum swayed about when he stood up, swooning as if he was drunk... and looking like a total idiot with a burlap sack over his head. He was very frustrated so he quickly snatched the bag and pulled on it as hard as he could, having absolutely no patience whatsoever; eventually after a few minutes of screwing around, he finally removed the sack off his head, staring at it afterwards... before tossing it on the ground and stomping on it. "Try to kidnap me! I'm Houdini baby!" Callum boasted, looking up and down the empty sidewalk; he was still questioning whether what just happened had happened - but he was sure as hell happy it did. "I am invincible." He could not help but bask in this glorified mystery.

Now he was not the type to believe in magic, but after that incident that had just occurred, he started to differ; on the other hand, maybe this was just a reality TV show, I mean it could happy to anyone right... ? No... not Callum, who would dare pull a sick joke of kidnapping Callum? "Wow... I must be like a wizard or some shit then... SWEET!" Callum roared, standing up straighter and walking back on the sidewalk all cool like - Callum would do practically anything to put himself above others.

"Look who's all gangster.... Kal Caspar." Swiftly spinning around on his heel, a shiny orange convertible was parked behind him, the occupants being a few 'friends' that Callum hung out with a while ago. "I have a right to be! I mean... I was just like... in the car... and then I fell out... and damn... you should of seen it. You're looking at the next Houdini my friend. I blow him and that Criss Angel guy out of the water." Callum was no longer thinking logically, he was no longer thinking about how absurd others would think he was - on the other hand they might just think that he was undergoing another personality change.

"Well that was an interesting story bro, but I really don't care. Why not just get in, night is still very... very young. Plus, you don't want to be rude to the ladies now do ya? But... if you really want... you can just stay here and fall out of more invisible cars." It didn't take him long to shake his head, it would be a quicker way to get home - he just hoped they were willing to bring him home. "Alright. It was... just a joke anyway." He flaunted, grinning and jumping into the back seat of the car, stuck sitting in-between the 'ladies.' "I'd love to take up your offer but you can just bring me home." The car started up and did a U-turn, the driver giving Callum no reply.

Sitting there, he stared at the blond before turning to the brunette, grinning - she ironically was not looking. He was very smooth when he reached his hand over, reaching for her ass, but... the outcome was not what he expected it. Luckily no one saw, but his hand went right through her, causing him to muffle a gasp; thinking things could not get any worse, the so called 'magic' wore off, and his hand was now placed under her garments, causing a bit of a problem for the both of them. The brunette squealed loudly, turning around and gasping before her hand met his cheek, knocking him onto the blond. The blond roared in response, pushing him off her - and then the chaos began.

Smoke surrounded the car when the driver hit the brakes, causing the tires to squeal; Callum abruptly jumped out of the car, taking off down the street, far away from the 'ladies' and the orange convertible. By the time he stopped, he was already home, rushing through the door to his apartment, #69 - which was not an accident by the way.

Once inside, he punched the wall out of rage, but once again, his hand meshed with the wall, causing him to be stuck. "Oh great... this magic has screwed me twice in a row now. Helps me once then everything goes to shit..." Putting his feet up on the wall, he pulled as hard as he could, pulling free - causing the sheet rock to break free and litter the floor. "Oops..." Looking around innocently, he simply picked up the little mess - using a broom and a vacuum - then tried putting a small shelf in front if to cover it up.

While moving the shelf, it ended up falling over, heading right towards him - and yet again his 'magic powers' prevailed when the shelf went right through him, knocking him on his ass, causing him to go right through the thin layer of fake wood nailed to the back of shelf. Cursing, he jumped up onto his feet, kicking the shelf and going through it again, causing him to fall over onto the carpeted floor. "Great..."

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:44 am

That night, Eleanor slept restlessly, constantly tossing and turning under the sheets. At one stage she thought she was being strangled, but in fact she had been badly tangled in one of her blankets. Once she had freed herself and fallen back asleep, her mind was filled with the images from before, they did not seem to want to leave her alone.

The constant roar of the ocean, and the crash of the waves rang tirelessly in her ears. She rubbed a hand over her eyes, rolling onto her side as she grumbled softly, wishing that her mind could be blank as usual. After another hour of the torment she growled, "Go away will you?"

Suddenly the images became nothing more then a blur. Eleanor curled up into a ball as things began to spin, before opening her eyes with a gasp. Nothing but darkness surrounded her. She was no longer laying in bed, but on something hard and cold. She blinked several times before sitting up, wondering whether the soap bubbles had somehow affected her brain.

"Hello?" She called weakly, feeling utterly idiotic after. It was her dream, why would anyone else be here? Her hands reached out either side of her, her fingertips meeting the same cool stone that rested underneath her. As her eyes adjusted to the low visibility she realized that two large walls rested either side of her, forming a tunnel of sorts. A cool breeze rushed past her, her dark hair streaming out behind her as she stood.

Something told her that she needed to find her way out of this thing, if she wished to return home at least. She still did not know whether this was just a dream, or whether it was in fact something entirely real. But either way she was going to try her best to wake back up in her own bed.

Eleanor walked for quite a few minutes, following a straight forward path, no corners had come into sight as of yet. She lifted her foot, ready to place it again in front of her, but she quickly jerked herself backwards as she saw something glint on the ground before her. The stone was now gone, and only water lay ahead. If she were to try and cross she would most likely drown.

That same image came back to her, but this time the water was still, not even a ripple broke the perfect surface. Without thinking, she took a step forward, expecting to fall straight into the mass of water; instead, she remained perfectly upright, as though she was still walking on the solid stone. Eleanor took another step, followed by several more, until she felt confident enough to sprint the rest of the distance.

When she finally reached the normal ground again she panted, adrenalin pumping through her as she looked back at what she had just conquered. A grin spread across her face and she punched the air, feeling quite accomplished, although still confused as to how she managed that. She had walked on water. That was... impossible.

Up ahead a light came into view, so she set off towards it, the tunnel gradually widening, before a circular area appeared. 5 other tunnels seemed to lead here, which led her to wonder whether she was indeed as lonely as she had first assumed. A small table rested in the center of the room - if you could call it that; and a lamp sat on top of it - the source of the light.

With a frown set firmly on her face, Eleanor cross her arms in front of her, deciding to wait around for a little.

Her eyes studied the markings that were intricately carved into the walls and floor of this place. The longer she studied them, the clearer they became to her. They were representing the elements. The leaves and mountains for Earth, the clouds and wind for Air, fire for well... Fire, icicles and frost for Ice, then what she believed to be something to do with Water. There were other carvings, but she could not figure out what they were meant to be.

Each different set was placed beside one of the tunnels, and led to the center where the table rested. As if they were all uniting somehow, the light from the lamp a kind of beacon. She gnawed on her lip and leaned back against the wall, shutting her eyes as she mumbled, "Weird..."

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby castersage on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:10 am

Kylan could feel a force on the ground pushing him faster and faster as he raced his father. he arrived at the house much earlier before him. Kylan didnt even feel tired, he accually felt very relaxed, he felt as though he could run around the whole world,"Nah." He walked in the house and put the peaches in the counter in the kitchen next to his mother. She looked puzzle.

"Wheres your father, and wheres your glasses young man?" She asked tiliting her head.

"umm, he should be home soon/. they...um broke. But i have an extra upstairs. Hey im going to get my glasses and im gonna go out for a bit. i wont stay out to late ok? K, bye love you!" He ran over to his mother and kissed her on the cheek. he then ran up stairs in his room and stormed looking for his glasses, everything was still very blurry. but finally he found them in the drawer next to his bed, he could feel his dad running nearby."Hm." He said, then jumped out the window. He sunk threw the grass in his back yard, and reappeared. He snuck around the house with out getting caught, and ran down the block.

He froze when he saw Mark,and tilted his head. His heart beated fast,"Im strong...im strong...i can do this." He walked up behind MarK,"Hey."He called and waited for a response.

Mark turned around his eyes widened and he let out a gasp, he looked down and held his arm,"Oh...hey."He said, a hint of sadness could be detected in his voice.

"Look...about earlier." Kylan then aroached Mark. Mark stepped back.

"You know you shouldnt be here...if my dad-"

"Damn it Mark!" Kylan said, he squenched his eyes, gritted his teeth and gulped," I dont care about your dad! Your dad just, just doesnt understand what we have!" Kylan binked the tears in his eyes," I,I Love you Mark," Kylan walked closer to Mark, but Mark just stared, Kylans tears rolled down his cheek, and fell off his face, He smiled,"i-i remeber," Kylan started up again," In 7th grade. People, people would talk about your scars...your, your cuts. and you would shy away from them. but it was different with me, was it not?" Mark he stepped back again, tears begun to roll down his eyes. A large boulder appeared from behind Mark, he gasped, he could have sworn it wasnt there before. he looked up into Kylans deep green eyes, Kylan was tall for his age. he got closier to Mark," Was is not?"

Mark breathed harder," It was..." Mark said finally," Y-you where the only one i-i could trust...with my secrets," Marks pale face turned hot red,"You where my rock when i was in destress..." He giggled.

"Mark...you have to stop cheating yourself." Kylans tan nose started to shade red,"D-do you love me?" tears fell down his face.

The moon glowed down on them, the air mistened. the boulder got cold as Mark leaned against it, he looked down, he exhaled pale air, he shivered. Kylan stood there in from of him,"D-do you?' He asked once more, he spoke with pale white air.

Mark looked up into Kylan eyes once more, along with the tears, he smiled,"Yes...m-more then you can imagine..."

Kylan smiled, he placed his hand on Mark cheek, his face was clod. Mark closed his eyes and wrapped his Hand around Kylans warm arm. Kylan ran his hand through Marks long brown hair, and then placed it on the boulder, he had Mark basicly locked, he moved his face to where his lips would be less then a fingernail away,"Yours...so cold."He said with a smile, tears rolled down his cheek and he talked, he could smell lavender on Marks body. he always loved it.

"its cold out.." Mark said, then planted a long gentle Kiss on Kylans lips.

"What the Hell is going on here!" Yelled a voice behind them. Kylan opened his eyes, and looked behind him. A Tall skinny man stood there with a gun,"I told you fagget to stay away from my son!" Yelled the man. Kylan was furious, Kylan turned to face the man, but Mark pulled on Kylans shirt,"No...Kylan..dont...i dont want-"

"Stop! I-i love you! this is something i should have done along time ago..." Kylan said throwing Marks back against the boulder. he faced the man who pointed the gun at Kylan,"You going to shoot me? Why, for what? Because i love your son,hm? You feel like such a man with that gun dont you? You homophobic peace of-"

Kylan was interupted by a gun shot. Kylan Binked, his heart Pounded out of his rib cage. his breath shortened. But, he felt no pain, he missed. he turned around, Mark was currled up onthe ground, shivering. he was ok. Kylan looked back at Markes dad,he shot up...not killing or hurting anyone,"W-why, didnt you kill me?" Kylan asked scared and confused all at onced.

"Why would i go to jail again over some faq like you. Mark, come on you discusting twink. We are moving. Ima make sure you never see this cunt sucker again." Marks dad laughed. Mark got up,"N-no!!" He said running over to his father, punching him, but he was so weak it did nothing,"Get off me!" Marks dad said, then hit Mark in the face with the back of the gun. Mark fell to the ground, unconcious.

Kylan looked at Mark, who lyed there out cold. Kylan Gasped, frowned, and stared at Marks Dad,"You...You Jerk!" Kylan Yelled. The boulder behind Kylan shook, and then it broke into 4 other rocks, and attacked Marks Dad by hitting him in the face, he fell to the ground, his mouth started to pour alittle blood. Kylan gasped,"Oh, no.." He ran over to Marks Dad he was still breathing, he took Marks Dads phone from his Pocket, and dialed the Ambulance,"Trace this call." He said in a deeper voice, and put the phone next to Marks dads Hand. Kylan looked to Mark.

He sat next to Mark, who was on the ground. he cuffed his hand on the back Marks head, and then with the other waved his hand on the earth beside him. Out risen a perfect Heart shaped rock,"Mark...ill always love you,"He begun to cry. he felt crushed inside as he sared at Marks cold pale brusied face, he was still beautiful, Kylans tears fell onto Marks lips,"Remember me?" He said soft and finally. He placed the rock in Marks Hand, and closed Marks hand. he picked Mark up slightly for one last Kiss, but he saw a blue and red glowing light turn the corner. and heard a loud siren. He gasped, and put mark down softly on the ground. then he disappeared into the earth below him.

castersage
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Dude on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:06 pm

Keith slowly walked towards his "home".It was'nt really his home or at least to him it was'nt.His home was with his parents but they had passed on.he took out his mp3 and started to listen to a song.He closed his eyes and walked.He knew the street like the back of his hands so he could have walked on it going backwards.He whispered the words of the song as he walked.

"I'll be coming home Just to be alone...Cause I know your not there and I know that you dont care!".He kept walking.As he walked he could hear a faint noise behind him as if someone was calling his name.He turned around and saw a young bueatiful blonde girl.She looked familar to Keith.He took off his headset as he searched his mind for her name."Uhh...Alissia right?".He snapped when he finally remembered her name.She blushed and looked at her feet as she replied,"Yes...umm Keith I wanted to ask you something...".She said shyly.

Keith turned around.He hide a frown and rushed away.She grabbed his hoodie and yelled."Please dont go!",-Dammit-Keith cursed in his mind.He turned around and gave Alissia a cold look."I already know what your gonna ask and YOU already know my answer...".He said in a harsh tone.The girl broke out in tears.Keith shoke his head from side to side and told to stop crying.

Alissia grabbed Keith by the hand and held it up to her chest.She looked him lovingly in the eyes.She then asked him,"Why wont you go out with me? Why dont you go out with anyone?!Is it because your better then us?If you answer me...I'll...I'll never bother you again.I promise...just answer me!Please...".She looked down at the floor again.A normal person would'nt be able to answer such a question,or at least not the way Keith answered it.

Keith put his hoodie on and said."I simply dont have the time to be bothered with such a relationship with all the work at school and the History AND the Sceince fair coming up.Besides...I reallIy dont like you...Your just a nuisance...A thorn in my side...Now go home and cry if you like...tell yourself your pretty and that I'm just stupid or something...whatever let's you sleep at night.".Keith's voice was so harsh,so cold,so...him,but he did speak the truth.Alissia stood there crying and then watched as Keith walked away.She then too walked away.

Keith grinned and thought,"I should hire a guy to to tell girls No to they're 'Go out with me please?' nonsense.".He kept walking and then noticed a group of 4 people following him.At first he thought it was nothing but when they followed him for another 2 blocks and a left turn he got curious.He turned around and asked them where they're going.They did'nt respond.He looked at their faces and noticed that they were all people he sees at school.One of them was Alissia's older brother.He looked mad."Oh great.Let me guess,You want to tell me I should'nt have put it so hard or something.Will tell her to cry me a river.".Her brother snapped."Well you shouldnt have been so mean!You knew she had that crush on you for a while and you just shut her down like that?!".Keith nodded and walked away.That really ticked him off.Alissia's brother took out a pocket knife and wraped his arm around Keith's neck.Then he dragged him into and Alley.Him and his friends started to beat keith into pulp and he could'nt do anything about it since Alissia's brother was holding him down.

He then raised the knife.It was 6 inches of razor sharp steel.He lowered it with brute force,most of which was backed by hatred.Keith closed his eyes and braced himself for the pain.Suddenly everything was cold.Artic Tundra cold.He got up and looked around.He was'nt back in the city,He was in a winter wonderland.There was huge mountains covered in snow and some Ice sculptures.Keith walked towards the sculptures.He noticed one of them looked like his mom.Then he spotted his dad.As a matter of fact his entire family was there.He felt...well nothing.He could'nt feel anger or confusion or sadness.Nothing.He closed his eyes and started yelling.

He opened his eyes and was back in the alley but it was still cold.He noticed how he was'nt stabbed yet and wonder why.His vision was a little blurry but it cleared up.Everyone in the alley was frozen.They had a serious case of frost bite all over they're bodies and were covered in little ice crystals.He tried to get up but he slipped.The floor was covered in ice.He looked at his surroundings again and then at his hands.He concentrated on his hands and watched as they became covered by a glove made purely of ice.He quickly ran home and locked himself in his room.-I'm was dreaming-.He thought.-I must be dreaming-,. He started to think about what just happend.He looked at his clothes and saw that they were covered in little ice crystals.
Currentlly my fav songs:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WIprkSUQU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WIprkS ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdliR8KHCDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRd3k4CIAg
This one is for the hell of it BYOB rock on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ5Tp97UgyQ
Rock on S.O.A.D.

The Dude
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:56 am

Rom sat down hard on her bed. She had just gotten back from the hospital about 5 minutes ago. She was fine, the doctor put her in a wrist brace on her left arm. She shook her head. Timmy had been ok, the wires got around his neck when he fell through the floor, he was unconsious from that, he was unscthaed from the fall as Rom was.

Rom looked at her hands again. "What was that" she wispered to her self. She shook her head. It's been a long day. 6 hours at school, 2 hours at crew, 3 hours at the hospital. At least her friend was ok. He was expected to make a full recovery in a few days. She rubbed her face tiredly and fell backwards onto her bed. 'I'll figure that out in the morning' she thought to her self and fell asleep.

Rom opened her eyes to a dark room, nearly empty. It looked nothing like her room. 'Great another useless dream' she thought to her self and walked through the darkness. She looked around to see she was inside some kind of tunnel. Rom looked at both ends. 'Witch way' she frowened. 'This is a dream, that means i'm in charge' she thought and reached into her pocket and took out a coin.

The coin looked to be crystal, or some clear solid substance, on one side it had a pair of wings, on the other a pair of claws. She fliped the coin. 'Claws left, wings right' she caught the coin. Wings side up. Rom pocketed the coin and turned and headed down the tunnel path to her right.

Rom continued on through the blackness. At the end of tHE tunnel she saw a faint light. So she continued on. Withen a few minutes she made it to a circular room, with other tunnels much like her's. She looked around, waiting for her eyes to adjust to the lowlight.

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:46 pm

Eleanor could hear the echo of footsteps, reaching her from one of the tunnels. Her eyes quickly swept over the markings corresponding with that tunnel to find that it was the 'air' or 'wind' passage. Or at least that was what she thought anyway.

Wait a minute... this is my dream, why is there someone else here? She thought silently to herself as she turned to face whoever was approaching. Instinctively she ran a hand through her hair, thankful at least that she was not in her pajamas. A frown creased her brow as a lean girl emerged.

Her hair was the purest white, like freshly fallen snow; and her eyes a shockingly intense ruby colour. Her initial appearance caused Eleanor to tense, wondering who, or what on earth this person was. But when she came closer to the light she felt less threatened by her, she looked genuine, and kind. Perhaps a little older then herself, but certainly she was no-one to be afraid of.

It took her but a few seconds to decide what she was going to do. It was her dream, but this felt too real for comfort, she may as well try and figure things out. The stranger still seemed to be adjusting to the change in visibility, and had not yet noticed her, so Eleanor cleared her throat, waiting until those piercing eyes met her own. "Hi, I'm Eleanor, I have no idea why you are in my dream but... well, why are you here anyway? You can talk, can't you?"

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:53 pm

rom spun her head around to the other girl in the cavernous room with her. tensed up 'this is a dream, chillax beka, this isn't fallout 3, monsters arn't going to jump out at you. that would be a sick nasty awesome dream though' she thought to her self and smiled. she looked at the girl near another tunnel. "hello, i'm beka, but most people call me rom" she said.

"aww man, my mind just loves dumping me into philosophical positions, dosen't it" rom shook her head sadly.

"i know for a fact that i am real and that i am dreaming, and i have no idea that you are real, or you are a figment of my imagination, but if you were real, you would have no way of knowing if i was real or if i was a figment of your imagination, the same goes with reading minds, if i heard a voice in my mind, and it said it was from my brother, then i would have no idea if i was imagining it or my brother was really speaking to me.

"so therefore in responce to you and i being here, i have no reason to believe that your or this entire room is real, this room and world beyond is probably a figment of my imagination, but if you are real, and some how have cognative thought, this whole room and i could be part of your imagination"

rom finished. "as you can see, i spend much time thinking about this kind of thing. but thats besides the point, sense i think i'm real, i must figure out what you are trying to telll me, speaking that you are a charactor from my subconctious trying to comunicate with my more in tune with reality side." rom continued

"but for all each of us know, i could be not real, and be a figment of every one elses's imagination, perhaps we are all figments of some greater power deciding who does what." she paused and walked over to the table and turned away from it. "and for some reason i can't conjure up sun glasses if this is my dream." she said angrially blinking rapidly to get rid of the bright green spot in her feild of vision.

rom rubbed her eyes tiredly "or we could be both real and somehow be sharing a dream, but i have no scientific explanaition for that. so i'll stick with the assumption that you and this world arn't real, and that i ate some bad hospital food, or there's something very important in the back of my mind telling me something very important... wait..." rom paused going slower a smile growing across her face.

"if you are part of my subconctious, then you must have my knoledge of magnets and is here to help me come up with the new magnetic and steam powered muscles that i've been thinking about for the past week" rom smiled and snapped her fingers. "sweet" she said to her self.

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Dude on Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Keith slowly closed his eyes.Then he quickly opened them.He had been up "praticing".There was peices of broken ice all the room which he ghad to dispose of before his so called parents came in.He got up and tiredly threw the ice peices out the window.As he did this he collapsed.His eyes slammed shut.

When he got up he was'nt in his room.He was in a long tunnel.The light was very dim making it difficult for him to see what excately was he stepping on.He continued to go forward even though he tried to stop himself multiple times.Something inside him was pushing him forward.

The lights got brighter all of a sudden.As his eyes adjusted to the lighting he noticed two figures.Finally his eyes were adjusted to the light and he was able to see them.Two girls.They were very bueatiful and apparently had just begun to talk to each other.

He thought they were people he meet in school but then realized he had never in his life met them.He sighed.Dreams were boring to him especailly this one.He looked at his hand and covered it with ice.Then slammed it into the floor,to get the two girls attention.

He forced a fake smile on his face and said,"How rude of me,sorry to interupt but who are you two?I'm sure I've never met either of you in my life.".His voice souned kind and slightly arrogant.He liked sounding superior to other people since.according to him, he was.He crossed his hands and waited for a response.

The Dude
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:16 am

Eleanor simply blinked once the girl finally finished her utterly perplexing summary of things. She had hardly understood a word that had came from the albino's mouth, so instead nodded, lifting an eyebrow, "Er, pleased to meet you Rom."

This had to be a dream, it just had to be. The people she knew weren't this unbelievably crazy, nor did they have white hair and red eyes, she had never seen this person in her life. Eleanor opened her mouth to say something, but quickly shut it again, pinching her arm instead. She winced softly and stared at the now reddening spot on her arm, where her fingernails had dug in. Her eyes widened before she let out a soft groan, "This is real."

Eleanor flinched as something shattered behind them, swiftly spinning on her heel to face whatever it was that had made the noise. More company? She thought as she examined the newcomer. Ice crystals were scattered at his feet, now melting to form a small puddle. Her eyes quickly darted to the tunnel that he had came from, and upon seeing the snowflakes and icicles she bit into her lip, finally beginning to understand things.

The arrogance in his voice disrupted her thoughts, causing her to frown before she gestured to herself and then to Rom, "I am Eleanor, and this is Rom... or Beka... well, ah." Eleanor shook her head, trying to clear her mind. Her dark, sparkling eyes were set firmly on him, she took a step forward, vaguely aware of what he had just done and extended a hand, as if waiting for him to shake it. "And who are you?"

As she had assumed, he made no immediate move to take it, so she lowered her hand back to her side. Once she returned to her previous assumption of the tunnels she remembered her own experience with the truck accident. Her own tunnel had been... water. "Oh my..."

Eleanor's face hardened as she looked up at them both, now filled with curiosity, "Neither of you... hm, how to put this. Did something happen today? Something out of the ordinary...?"

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:55 am

Kal closed his eyes for a moment while laying there on the floor, trying to recuperate from all the pain that overwhelmed him from the waist up. How did he get this talent all of a sudden; even if he did have it all this time, why wasn't it present until now... ? It was cool but... now it was just screwing him over... "Wise guy..." Kal said to himself, opening his eyes and standing up, groaning, "Stupid... magical... invisible... crap..." Growling afterwards, he kicked the shelf again, scowling and returning to his own room, slamming the door behind him.

Once inside, he pulled off his jacket and tossed it on one of the sofa chairs, followed by his shirt, shoes, socks, and his pants - stripped down to nothing but his boxers. Rolling his shoulders, he fell on the bed with a sigh, pulling the sheets over him before rolling around and closing his eyes, tuning everything out, letting the eternal abyss take him.

~

He woke up in a forest, with the thick fog around him, the same scene that he had imagined before falling through the trunk of that car; he sluggishly walked through it... no... floated through it - he had yet to realize that he was no longer himself, he appeared to be... a ghost. In seconds, everything around him began to fade, and he was standing in a tunnel made of mirrors - what was this, a fun house?

Traveling in-between the mirrors, staring at them, he saw nothing, not even his own reflection - which caused a quite bit of questioning.

"Where am I... ?" Kal said quietly, stopping when he got to the end of the tunnel - dead end. All that was there was a stone wall, nothing else; turning around, the mirrors had vanished, replaced by a black goo that slimed down the walls. There was something about it, something that made the blackish, toxic gunk seem almost alive... it was an eerie feeling, an unexplainable one.

Facing the wall again, he went through it, reappearing in another small tunnel with a light at the end. Floating over a small collection of water - with the same blackish material slithering at the bottom - he made it to a large corridor with a table in the middle, the light being a small lantern placed there.

"Neither of you... hm, how to put this. Did something happen today? Something out of the ordinary...?"

For some reason, Kal felt more in-control of his powers while being here, so he vanished into the stone flooring and reappeared in-between the small group of people with a subtle, sarcastic, "Boo." After a moment of looking at them, he smirked, "I thought this was my dream..." Kal frowned, turning to the unusual girl that had just asked the question that Kal had so rudely walked in on.

"Now there is someone who is a little too sweet on the eyes... maybe this is my dream after all." Kal purred, moving a bit closer, "As a matter of fact, if I may interrupt, if you call falling through a trunk magically, 'out of the ordinary,' then hopefully that answers your question. However, I also went through a wall... and a shelf..." Sighing, Kal looked up to her with another smirk, "But enough about this hocus pocus bullshit, how about we move onto another subject... like you."

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby castersage on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:17 am

Kylan reappeared rizing from underneigth the ground infront of his house. He was fully drained of everything that happened that day, his eyes slowly closed, he tried to stay awake as he walked into the house, his mom and dad where at the table finishing their meal,"Kylan, youre late? Where have you been?" His mother asked him,with a serious look on her face, his father just kept eating, not speaking about what happened that day.

Kylan just stopped and turned to them and said,"Track, im tired. Night." He then walked up the stairs to his room, he opened the door and colapsed on the ground, he was gasping for air as he crawled over and climbed into his bed. He took off his glasses and clossed his eyes, Marks smiling face apeared beyod in his eyelids then Mark disappeared into the darkness.

Kylan opeaned his eyes, hed seem to have been standing,"A dream?" He asked, he was in what seemed to be a long tunnel. He saw two females, He walked over to him, his glasses seemed to be on his face, this was all very weird to him everything was so vivid so real," Hello?" Kylan asked walking over to the couple,"Is this a dream, or a kidnapping?" he asked them. He still had his clothes on from earlier, he frowned,"Where are we, who did this?"

castersage
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:53 am

Eleanor's heart missed a beat as another stranger appeared out of nowhere, before simply muttering Boo... A large lump formed in her throat before her eyes turned to the carvings that were littered about the tunnel she assumed he was meant to come from. She still could not understand them, unlike the others these were more puzzling. Like a jigsaw with pieces that just didn't fit.

She took in a deep breath and shut her eyes, waiting for her heart rate to slow down once more. It was as though she was in some sort of nightmare, as if they all were in one. The surprises just kept coming.

The new... new comer looked older then all of them, and absurdly cocky. As if proving her point, he took on a most flirtatious tone, practically battering his eyelids as he tried his hardest to make her swoon. Any other time she may have at least humored him with a blush, but as soon as he mentioned falling through a trunk, and several other things her mind was preoccupied. She figured that the markings for him meant Ghost, or maybe Spirit...? That would explain things, yes, that had to be right.

Eleanor became uneasy when he moved closer to her, feeling self-conscious around so many people she had never before met. She was even a little embarrassed by his actions, hoping that Rom, and Mister Ice were paying no attention to his words, well, at least not the unimportant ones anyway. She needed a distraction, something to allow her to continue on to a subject that didn't involve her.

As if answering her prayers a small voice greeted them, obviously as confused as she was at first. Eleanor looked over her shoulder, seeing a much younger male walking towards them - he had exited from what the Earth, or Nature orientated tunnel. He seemed extremely pleasant, which brought a smile to her lips, "Kidnapping? I surely hope not... as for where we are..." She looked around at the rest of the group then finally back to him, "You know as much as we do."

Eleanor gestured for him to join them, feeling protective of him for some reason. He looked depressed in his way, his steps as lifeless as the sparkle in his eyes - he was upset over something. Her expression changed to one of sympathy, and she was quick to introduce herself. "I'm Eleanor, this is Rom... and well, there's ice guy, and ghost. We haven't really gotten too far with names."

Her eyes rested on the one tunnel that was left, Fire... she wondered whether there was still another person lurking there, or perhaps this was all of them. For now at least, she guessed she would try and figure out as much about the people that currently stood before her.

Licking her lips Eleanor picked up from where she had left off, "Okay, I'm assuming... that all of us experienced something like ghost today. In case you're too afraid to speak up, I'll go first." With a sigh, she crossed her arms in front of her, before beginning, "I was walking home from school, and before I knew it I was about to be hit by a truck. I had this weird... vision type thing, and the next thing I knew the fire hydrants just, exploded. The truck was sent off course, and I was unharmed." She squinted, wondering whether to mention the washing machine accident, but decided to leave it for now.

Eleanor ran a hand through her hair and examined the rest of the group, "Alright, now it's your turn."

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!