Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Volatile Elements {IC}

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Volatile Elements {IC}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby castersage on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:37 am

Kylan tilted his head, and frowned a bit and looked down,"I was ran off a mountain by a stamped of horses, but then somehow, once i fell, i wasnt harmed, as if the earth regected me from itself." Kylan looked back at eleanor,"Pretty crazy huh? And my name is Kylan." He said with a smile, he then scratched the back of his head and looked around at everyone,"Then i had more incidents where i manipulated somehow." The thought of Mark on the boulder came to his mind, he looked down and gasped,"Its very strange, everything that happened? Im not ever sure if i explained it the best way i could." Kylan said, looking at Eleanor with a smile, he then folded his arms and looked at the next person,"Well, theres my story."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

castersage
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:32 am

"My friends call me Rom" the albino girl said looking at all the new people. "I fell 30 feet and didn't get hurt." She looked at her wrist, missing the brace. "And unless i'm mistaken, we are all sharing a dream, or were all figments of everyone elses's imagination." She crossed her arms and sighed.

It just started out with the girl with the deep blue eyes Elanor, then Rom came in, then an arrogant jerk pop's in, then a rude goof ball flys up from the floor, then another guy walks in. Wow 'this is totally not confusing' rom thought to her self.

"So looking from Ghost" Ghost was her old nick name, it was weird calling some one else that. "To icy dude, and from every one else's stories, we all have powers, out of the ordinary" She said to her self puzzling this out. 'This is not confusing in the least, well at least my mind come up with good stuff, i mean really, all thease diffrent people with diffrent personalitys, my mind is really creative.'
Anywhere is walking distance, if you’ve got the time.

“A friend is one who walks in when others walk out.” [Walter Winchell]

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” [Leo Buscaglia]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Dude on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:15 am

Keith looked at Eleanor and "Rom".He gave them a strange look and said."First off I'm not Icey boy,or Icey dude,or Artic Frenzy,or whatever.Now you said out of the ordinary.Well I rejected this girl,normal, her brother trys to jump me ,normal,I have a vision and they all become immoblized and covered with Frost bite...Uhh I'm kinda Iffy on that last bit.".Keith's voice sounded harsh and rude.A glare made it's way on his face and directed it's self to the phantom.

Keith never liked talkative people and Ghost seemed to fall into the category.The Ghost's word's just played on and replayed in Keith's head.Ice just started to cover Keith's hand.As it advanced to his fingers it sharpened and extended forward.

His whole hand was covered by an Ice gauntlet.At his finger tips where the ice extended forward,It had formed into claws.Keith seemed to ignore the freezing cold and continued to glare at the Ghost kid."I really dont like your mouth kid.If you want to keep it ,stay in your "spirit" form or simply dont use it.".The Ice advanced to the rest of his arm up to his shoulder.It was making some kind of armor.Keith looked at his arm and again he slammed it into the floor.Some peices still were on him so he had to remove them manaully.
Currentlly my fav songs:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WIprkSUQU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-WIprkS ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdliR8KHCDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRd3k4CIAg
This one is for the hell of it BYOB rock on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ5Tp97UgyQ
Rock on S.O.A.D.

The Dude
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:40 am

Eleanor listened to each of their stories carefully, an intense frown set across her face as she tried to compile some sort of conclusion from it. Every so often her eyes darted over to the Fire tunnel, but as always, it was empty. She hoped that if there had have been another to come through there, they hadn't met any misfortune along the way. Or perhaps, this was all of them, and that tunnel served no purpose anymore. Either way, she still felt uneasy each time she caught sight of it.

After Rom's comment she scowled, shaking her head in a dismissive manner. "I know for a fact that I am most certainly real, and I believe everyone else here is as well."

Both of her eyebrows were raised as Keith's hand began to look a lot like a severe case of frostbite. Although when the ice formed a dazzling pair of claws she thought otherwise, almost frightened of what exactly he planned on doing with such a set-up. Eleanor held out a hand and took a step towards him, "Hey, let's just-" She flinched as his hand connected with the ground, a loud smash resonating throughout the place, a new batch of ice now scattered across the floor.

When he began to pick the rest of the ice off of himself Eleanor sighed and finished her sentence, "cool it." It seemed strangely ironic at the time.

The rest of the group seemed to be growing uneasy, so she decided it was finally time to make her proposal. She put on the most convincing voice she could manage and placed an encouraging smile on her face, "Okay, so by now we've gathered that all of us have acquired some type of power... I think that each of ours is different, and the tunnels seem to reflect that."

She looked to Kylan first and gestured to the tunnel he had came through, "Kylan, you're Earth." The Air tunnel was next, "Rom, you're Air." With a nod of her head she turned her attention to Keith, "You're Ice." She then clapped her hands together, smiling a little more when she referred to herself, "I'm Water I think, but the picture of the moon confuses me so..."

Eleanor finally reached Ghost-boy's tunnel, and she started this time with a sigh, "I'm not so sure about you though. I think it's Ghost, or Spirit... but it's not as easy to figure out as the rest of them."

Now that she had finished with formally addressing each of their skills, she moved on to the more controversial topic of what they were to do when they awoke. "We need to meet, this time while we are conscious. I'm not exactly sure where all of you live..." Eleanor trailed off, she could hear something, or someone approaching. She turned to face the sound, and found herself in front of the very tunnel that had continued to puzzle her since she'd arrived. Fire...

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:35 am

As he Eleanor looked back Matsuro was seen walking in as he looked inside for a moment around everywhere. If anything this was the most strange dream he had, but when he thought about it, he had more wierd dreams. Fighting Cows, Rampaging Monkeys, Zombie Madness, he had expierienced extremely wierd dreams, but this one was wierd in its own way. As he approached, he could here someone speaking about meeting somewhere, so he made his way in quietly thought it was apparent that he had walked in and was now making his way over.

"Ugh, something's wrong with me. First I combust into flames, taking out a mile or two, and inflaming about the same ammount, then I am completely on fire. Or mabye it was the other way around....anyone want to explain to me what's going on?" he said not holding his toungue. Although this seemed like something that was dangerous, he continued to talk, with no fear in his voice.

"I stripped the man of everything but bone! The Robber was dead, and all that was left was his bones cracking in a fire. I need an answer, because I think it links with this dream, and that extremely painfull tunnel I just past through, that had the tempature way about 100. And this is just a dream!" he yelled as he looked around at everyone seeing that they had been here for awhile, talking about something.

"Any explanation!?"

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Dude on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Keith looked at Eleanor.His famous souless expression hung on his face."I AM cool.Quit with the puns.".Keith faked a smile and looked around the room for a chair.None."I aint meeting up with nobody unless I know where it is.There some places I aint excately welcomed at.".He made a chair out of ice.It was'nt the excately a chair.It was a block of ice actaully but Keith did'nt care.He sat on it either way.

Keith noticed the stranger."How curious...Your fire,I'm Ice,what's his name is Earth,Rum is Wind,and Miss Eleanie is Water...God watches to much Avatar:Last airbender if you ask me.".Keith said for his own amusement.He thought about remembering what there names where but he could'nt remember.He should probably memorise them but then again why the hell should he care?He was'nt even sure on meeting up with anyone of them just to talk about there super powers or anyother topic.He looked at the newcomer again and said."Hey Sunshine try to keep a zipper on that mouth unless you dont like having your arms attached to your shoulders.".

The Dude
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:00 pm

rom kept her face stotic to everything around her, she still ad no idea if thease people were real, or just part of her imagination. she shook her head. at her own folly, 'what the heck am i doing here, our lead builder and lights worker is in the hospital, and the set for the play in 2 days isn't even done yet' she thought to her self.

"i go to jump city high school, i'm now a freshman, and i work in stage crew there. now if you aren't figments of my imgination, you can find me there, or you can find me at crossroads mall, about a mile from the high school. now if you'll excuse me, i'm getting out of here" she said and turned and walked back into her tunnel

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Not able to help suffice a small chuckle, Kal put his hand over his mouth and smiled, "This is a dream! we cannot meet cause it's a dream! And I'm not ghost-boy or anything else, you can call me Kal... and ironically my last name is Caspar which now intrigues me..." Kal said softly, putting a hand to his chin and thinking about it for a moment, "Now that is kind of weird..." Scowling, nodding his head to the side, he looked at everyone, "Alright, lets just say for the sake of argument, somehow, we're all real people... and that somehow we all got powers... and somehow we're meant to be together or find one another... and that we're stuck in this stupid nonsense of a dream. Even if that was true, what the hell are we supposed to do with these powers?! Go save the world... ? Cause I can say one thing, I'm not wearing no costume and going to masquerade as a superhero." Kal said sarcastically, looking up to everyone with a grin, coughing afterwards as if clearing his throat.

"Avatar... good show... too bad they ended it with the third season and such... heard there making a spin-off..." Blinking a few times, Kal smirked again, "Not that I watch Avatar..." Rolling his eyes a bit, looking away suspiciously, he finally realized he was a ghost. "Caspar the friendly ghost..." Everyone seemed to stare at him, causing Kal to look further away. "Let me add that a few people think I have a bit of a personality disorder so bear with me... so forgive me um... Eleanor was it... ? Or should I call you water-girl..." Laughing softly, "Joking..."

"I am pretty popular... so you can find me almost anywhere in town really. And how do we know we all live in the same town... ? Cause if we do, that is odd... but maybe telling us something. Ironic at the least. Anyway, if we do all live in the same town, why not just meet at the high-school... in our town there's only one of them... if we all live in the same town... bingo! Though I hate school... thank god for the Summer." Kal cheered, backing away to his tunnel with a smile. "Can we all go now... ? I sort of have a life waiting for me, and I'm really tired. I mean, I fell through a shelf... and a wall... well actually now that I think of it, I really don't want to wake up. What's the expression... 'That's gonna hurt when you wake up' or whatever..." Itching the back of his head, flustered, he decided to shut up, imagining everyone else thought he was an idiot.

But as usual, he was not finished. "I feel good about this... but now I have another question! If we're meant to find each other, whose the leader of this little group... ?" He asked curiously, looking around at everyone... finding himself superior to all of them.

"Wish I wasn't a ghost..." Kal thought in-between times...

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImmortalSin on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Eleanor blinked for a few moments, taking in the late arrival. His skin was a lovely chocolate color, and his hair was barely existent. His eyes were a perfect match to Rom's, which led her to wonder if they were somehow related. No... that was impossible, she was ghost white. It was the scar running up his neck that caught her attention though, she had no idea how he'd gotten it, but she already felt sorry for him.

His words caught her off guard, no one else had actually killed a person in their first encounter. She took a small step back, deciding to keep on her toes with this one. Perhaps he deserved that scar.

He was demanding an explanation, although even Eleanor herself could not give him a reasonably detailed one. She took in a deep breath and turned to face him, "Everyone here has had the same type of experience as you, but with a different type of element." At this she looked around the group fiercely, she felt like their mother but it didn't necessarily matter to her, "No one else is to let something like this happen. We will not kill people, and even harming them is out of the question. If even one of us steps out of line, you could effectively ruin it for the rest of us."

Eleanor had forgotten all about her troubles with the police, they would probably still be looking for her when she arrived home. She wiped her eye with the back of her hand and sighed, "Just try to keep out of trouble everyone."

Keith made another threat, this time she was quick to shoot him a glare as the very ice he sat on. "You won't threaten other people, okay? Think about it. If you were to cause some type of ruckus, and the police got a hold of you, knowing about your powers; do you think they would just call your parents?" She hoped he'd finally understand the urgency of the situation, but Rom didn't seem too.

Before the girl had completely disappeared Eleanor shouted after her, "Rom, you live in the same city as me, if you know where Hawthorn Peak is meet us there tomorrow afternoon." She received no reply, but she figured Rom had heard her.

Eleanor decided to leave her be and turned back to the rest of them, a hand on her hip, "I have a funny feeling that we all live fairly close to each other. If you can, be in the Southern District of Fordham tomorrow afternoon, and if you do know where Hawthorn Peak is, you can go straight there." A few puzzled faces stared back at her, so she evaluated, "We can't afford not to have control of this." She glanced at the Fire tunnel boy and continued, "You've heard what happens when we do. It's dangerous to remain naive. So please, behave at least until tomorrow afternoon. Hawthorn Peak is nice and isolated - unlike a high school - I'm fairly sure that we'll have the privacy we need."

Kal's question caught her off guard, but she could see that everyone bar him had their eyes on her. At least he'd finally started to make some sense, his constant blathering was making it hard for the rest of them to hear what she had said. Hopefully there wouldn't be any struggle between the both of them, she could see already that he desperately wanted to lead their small group. Eleanor found herself blushing, her eyes downcast because of the flattery. "I think... that I'm the leader, Kal."

It was easy to see the restlessness amongst the remaining group members, so she decided it was time to let them return to their normal life. But would she ever see them again if she did? Just a risk she had to take...

She stifled a yawn and made her conclusion, her eyes traveling over each of them while she spoke, "I think that will do us for tonight. Rom hasn't returned so I'm fairly sure that if you walk back through your tunnel, you'll arrive home again." Eleanor walked back over to her own tunnel and hesitated, before finally adding, "Good luck everyone, please remember everything I've said."

With that she stepped forward and began her journey home.

ImmortalSin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:44 pm

"I think... that I'm the leader, Kal." Kal scowled when she retreated back to her tunnel like he had, leaving the rest of them to go on their separate ways. "Not for long..." A small voice in Kal's head said, laughing afterwards, causing Kal to question whether that was him or... something else entirely. No matter though, Kal was the oldest, and most popular in town, if anyone deserved to be leader it was him - and tomorrow afternoon he would voice that opinion loudly. "Yes, not for long. We'll see." Kal said to himself, turning around and grinning, "See you later gents... and ladies... and well bye." He concluded, floating back through the tunnel, back through the wall and into the black gunk infested walls... "What is that... ?" Kal kept asking himself, the same voice returning to the back of his head. "Soon enough Kal... you will have the answers you ask for."

By the time he got back to the forest, back to the same spot he arrived at, everything around his faded into darkness... and Kal remained asleep. It was well-needed rest, and by the time he woke up, he felt marvelous - no pain at all from his previous fall.

Sitting up, stretching his arms out and yawning quite loudly, he tossed his legs over the side of the bed, rubbing his temples. "I wonder if what happened last night actually happened... with the forest and the car... was it all just a dream... ?" Kal said aloud, gnawing on his cheek; but as before, his power screwed him and he fell into his bed butt-first - getting stuck. "Great... I'm the butt of the joke now." He snarled, putting both his hands on the bed and pushing, "How does stuff like this happen... ? A hand... a foot... and now a butt." Moments later, Kal pushed free and fell to the ground, naked - his boxers left somewhere on the bed from the now invisible butt incident.

Growling loudly, Kal stood up, walking to the bathroom and turned on the hot water, planning on taking a bath - but he felt afraid of falling through the bathtub. "That would be an awkward... whatever." Kal commented - still talking to himself. "Don't worry, it won't happen." The voice in his head replied, causing Kal yet again to sigh. "Who are you... ?" Kal said seriously, sitting on the toilet. "That is not important... you can just say I'm your conscious. Now, get off the toilet before you have another butt incident." Kal nodded, standing up and smirking, "Good idea."

Turning off the water, Kal put his feet in the tub and slowly slouched further into the water, letting his body soak it all in... "So nice..." Kal purred, laying his head back and smiling. "Nothing like a nice hot bath to sooth away all my worries... but seriously, I'm not going to fall through this tub am I... ?" He said innocently, still very concerned. "No you idiot! Just take a damn bath and get dressed." Wide-eyed, Kal scowled, "Hey, conscious, don't talk to me like that. As far as I see it, you are me so have some damn manners." Kal shouted, feeling good afterwards because the voice had faded - "Stupid conscious..."

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phantom Rom on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:05 am

Rom heard Eleanor's call. She shook her head. 'I'll figure it out in the morning' she thought to her self. She walked farther into the tunnel. When she got so far and she couldn't hear the other's anymore, she closed her eyes and practiced her breathing. Letting that thought fill her. She had tried this once before, during school, one of her friends said he was a buddhist, and he gave her a crash course on mediation. 'Well, I have no other ideas' so she started mediating. Rom didn't under stand much about buddhism, but she was a mini jack of trades, she knew at least one thing about most things, 'see mom, everything comes in handy at some point'.

After about two minutes of meditation, she found her self back in her bed, staring at her ceiling. 'Ha it was a dream, well duh it was a dream' she shook hr head at her own folly. 'Wow I'm starting to contradict my own thoughts' she thought to her self. 'What a dork' . With that Rom swong her legs out from under the covers and stood up. She surveyed her room, messy, 'not even my imagination could copy the destructive look of my room'. She looked at the clock, it was flashing 12:00 PM.

The memories of last night's dream came back to Rom in a rush. She tried to organize all of it. 'Ok eleanor got into tHE room, then I got there, then more people came, I can't remember that part, we had a military scary dude, we had a rude ice man, we had a cocky ghost guy, and we had a sorta sweet earth dude, i can't remember anything else, except hawthorn's peak... Eleanor the water girl said to meet her there after noon. What to do'.

To Rom that whole dream, was just a dream, it was inconceivable that people could share dreams, but, "Agggggg to much brain pain before pizza" she said out loud and laughed to her self. "The peak is a senic spot, if I go I won't look like an idiot cause i'll be working, ha" she said to her self and picked up hEr clothes and walked to the bathroom and into the shower.

Phantom Rom
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Dude on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Keith glared back."First off, Who the Hell are you to tell me who I cant and can threaten?I'll kill someone if I want to and besides if the cops come after me I'll kill them too.Second off, My parents are Dead and so is the rest of my family.And thirdly, If I go to this meeting and some pisses me off some is going to get hurt.",Keith's voice raised with every word.He was pissed.Actaullt he was more then just pissed but let's just say he was pissed.He started to walk away into his tunnel but then he turn around and said.

"I know what your thinking.No,I cant FEEL anything.".

With that Keith ran off.Somehow his tunnel seemed alot colder but Keith did'nt mind.For some reason he felt ,somewhat, comforted by the cold.Maybe because ever since his parents died that's who he was,who he is, Keith "Cold Heart" Plymonde.The guy who constantly rejects all the ladies and ignores everything.The dude who laughs but it's a fake laugh that sounds just like a real one.The kind of guy who if he could save the world at the cost of his life, would pick his life.Not out of Fear but out of amusement,laughing as the world suffers.

Finally his long trek in the tunnel was over.He looked at the clock.It was time to get up.-Forget that..I'll get up later.-,he thought.He though about the dream.He decided to go to the meeting spot.To see if it was real or it was just part of his imagination.

The Dude
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ABEL on Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:44 am

I will read from time to time for that.
http://www.shoesemart.com/volatile-shoes_bid1091.htm

ABEL
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!