Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Legend of Birth

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Legend of Birth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elvander on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 am

Elvander looked at Arrongorn. "I am Elvander" she said. "I am sorry for just bursting in like this, but I was given an amulet in the mail, and when wearing it I had dreams of this town in my sleep. When I woke up, a ray of light was shining out, My letter said follow the light when the ray is bright, so I did, that's how I came to be here." Elvander looked around, she wondered if any of these other people/elves had, had this happen to them as well. Is that how they came to be hear? Maybe not all amulets had rays come out of them, maybe all of them were different! Elvander wasn't sure. She looked at Sype, she did not seem to be telling just everything about herself, and Elvander didn't trust her.

Sype looked around. Those two don't trust me, she thought. It was ovious from their faces one was scanning her with a wondering-nervous expression, and the other wasn't. Suddenly, Sypes Amulet pulsed. She put her hand around it, They're here she though She turned at looked out of one of the dark windows in the building and gasped saying, "Look! There are monsters outside! They look like they're trying to get in the building! What if they are after are amulets or rings?!"
Last edited by Elvander on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Elvander
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apocalypto on Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:43 am

"They ARE after our amulets and rings," Nyx snarled as she stood up abruptly, hands quickly reaching for her throwing knives. "And I'd wager anything that there were the same that attacked me in the evening."

She watched as cracks started appearing in the glass and gray, slimy, large fingers started scratching insistently to make the glass on the grimy windows give way. Something made her slip on her ring. She wasn't going to use it, but she'd be damned if they took it from her. The only way they got her ring was if they killed her and took it from her cold, dead fingers.

As soon as Nyx put on her ring, she felt the strange rush of power she had felt before. But it was stronger now, fueled by her fear and anger, as it coursed through her body. She heard the glass break and one of the creatures make its way into the room. She flung her knives at it, ignoring the other creatures that swarmed in.

She was sure that the others were more than capable of protecting themselves. She was the weakest link here, and she'd be damned if these monsters exploited that fact. The beast that she had flung knives at slowed for a bit before pouncing on her. Nyx screamed, and something exploded within her.

White blue flames licked at the monster, and a moment later, it was frozen solid and lying dead on the floor. Nyx felt as though she had been trampled by a herd of elephants. Exhaustion lay heavy upon her and her mind swam. Blackness engulfed her and she gave into it reluctantly.

Silently, almost gracefully, she crumpled on the floor in a dead faint.
ImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Apocalypto
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby donanater on Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:43 pm

Iris looked at nyx take one down in a show of flashiness. Iris breathed, " Looks like you will all see my attack power i guess." Iris grabbed the amulet and spoke in ancient elven like her mother had done with her battle between her husband. The amulet glowed and the guantlets hummed. The flithy creature stopped and shivered and begune moving agian but at a slowed paced and it seemed to start to hunch if you could call it hunching."Ok i hope everyone is watching," Iris said playfully as she let go of the amulet and brought her guantlets to her lips and whispered," Awaken thy sleeping one and smite the one who dare challenge our might," With the end being more of a shout. Iris lunged forward as if propelled and a very manly voice much different from Iris's mouth yelled, "Gravity desolution." With that the room shook and creaked as if a heavy preasure was pressed on it and then suddenly lifted for in that second iris stuck the creature and the only thing that was left of it was what looked like its skin pressed flately on the ground. Iris sighed as guantlets drained the energy from her and she was left winded."Maybe i used to much for that one," Iris surveyed the room and saw the other bearers handling themselves just fine. Iris whispered, "You may sleep agian my guardian." The humming and the glowing stopped just as suddenly as they begune.

donanater
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:23 am

((Since when did we comission a figth scene? but idc ill go ahead with it))

"Nish' Navada" Nina said glaring at one of the many creatures, the creature then exploded into many pieces blood spraying everywhere 'Great I might as well use the amulet' she thought to herself, she then took at her amulet letting it glow watching and waiting for her moment to strike, then in a sudden burst of movement she ducked and slammed a palm into a creatures face making it fly backwards into the outside of the tavern "Next!" Nina said cockily, as another two creatures tried attacking her, she just jumped and kicked one of the in the back of the skull making it headbutt the other knocking the other one over, Almost falling like a line of dominoes, she then moved quickly ramming her palm into any creature that moved.
Image Thanks Mainee! ~ xox.
Please add your name to my list of people for my newest experiment: A Vampire's Masquerade (Interest Check)

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apocalypto on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:26 pm

OOC- Dread, I'm so sorry. The fight was totally my fault. I saw the monsters and went from there. We could delete the whole thing if you like.

Apocalypto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:28 pm

OOC: No way im having too much fun

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elvander on Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:05 pm

(this is fun! :))

Elvander gasped as monsters came through the window, she grasped her amulet, and it shon through her fingers, glowing brightly. She pulled out a staff from behind her and spun it, whispering in elvish, an orange blast shot out, hitting a monster in front of her, she turned, and saw Nyx on the floor. She ran over and pulled her away from an oncoming monster. She cast another blast and hid behind the table, casting a healing spell on Nyx. "I hope this works" she whispered, she didn't know what to do.

Sype widened her eyes and let out a gasp. She flicked her finger, and cast an undetectable electric blast at the window, weakening it, and making it easier for the monsters to get in. When the glass broke, she smirked, and stood up, pulling out her sword.

(dun dun DUN!!!)

Elvander
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:08 pm

(I'M BA-AAA-ACK!!!! XD Wow. I missed a lot. But hey, the actions picknig up! Woohoo! I'll whip out Arrongorn's sword skills now xD!)

Before he could answer anyone's questions or devise a plan for training, a small army of undead skeletal beasts was climbing into the tavern room. Everyone that had an idea was beginning to use their rings and amulets, but Arrongorn knew better, the more magic you used the more vulnerable and tracable you were. He quickly drew his sword and ducked into a squatting position in the middle of the floor, striking three of the creatures legs off of their bodies and moving quickly to pierce the blade into each of their empty heart cavities. He knew that the only way to keep these things from being drawn by the dark lord again was to set them to peaceful rest, so quickly without magic he said a prayer to the gods and goddesses, watchnig as their forms glowed a a blue light and evaporated into small ghosts of their past spirits before smiling and disappearing. Being distracted by this he was quickly brought back to reality by a blade coming at his neck and just barely missing as he thrust his blade up into the beast before him, slicing through its ribsand leaving it a tattered form on the floor with another prayer. Things were gonig terribly wrong, but he couldn't help but notice that his ring was whispering to him, Beware the snare; as you will soon find later, in your midst there is a traitor. The question was, who? Though the ring would not answer he could clearly tell it was one of the new comers to the group, as the warning would have come sooner had it been one of the circle. There was no time to think now, quickly he shouted out commands as he continued to swing and clash his sword with other swords. Nina was the only one he knew he could trust fully, so he called to her in english "Nina! Get the bearers and get out of here! I'll meet you in the place where the sun and the moon shine as one." He knew that only she would understand the place he talked about, as it was a secret place that Leviathon had showed him and explained that only he and Nina knew of. quickly touching his ring he spoke to her in elvish, using the rings powers to make his words hearable by only Nina, "Be careful, there is a traitor among us. You must leave this place I will follow clsoe behind, the stones are far too important to lose here, not without propper trained fighters." He faced her quickly, giving her a stern yet kind look before turning and letting out a loud cry as he plunged his sword at another beast, moving towards the broken glass as he did so in hopes that he may cut down the rest of the creatures as the one that appeared to be the leader became visible heading up the wall.
Please rate my posts, as I work very hard and diligently on them, and well, I'd like my reputation rating to be a reflection of that.

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Deathmask on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:50 pm

The Darkblade watched as his undead soldiers were quickly being dispatched, one by one, some with prayers, magic and normal weapons. He noticed Sype fighting and then looked back to the last of his minions. He cast a few protection spells on himself and some life-draining ones too. As he looked back he noticed Arrongorn and the elf known as Elvander head towards him as the last minion was killed by Arrongorn and destroyed forever with one of Arrongorns prayers. Then, with a voice that sounded like coffin lids slamming shut he said to no one in particular, and yet everyone at the same time, "Come then, fools. Oblivion awaits." With that he charged at Arrongorn swinging his sword. Arrongorn parried the blow but the attacks kept coming. Arrongorn sensed that everytime he attacked the Darkblade he got a bit weaker and the Darkblade got a bit stronger. Arrongorn swung his sword down towards the Darkblades' helmeted head but, the Darkblade grabbed his wrist with one hand while holding his own huge sword with the other and then swung his knee up, hitting Arrongorn on the side. As Arrongorn stumbled backwards, weakoned a lot from when the Darkblade held him, and Arrongorn felt the full power of the life drain, The Darkblade stepped forward and raised his sword. As he was about to swing it down and kill Arrongorn, he heard some magical sounding words coming from the direction of the elf Elvander. As he turned to face the elf, she casted a fireball that flew across the room, singing the air as it went, hitting the Darkblade directly in the chest. He flew backwards and crashed into the wall, his armor burned, singed, and still a bit on fire but going out. As he pried himself out the the wall, cracks spreading out on it, and picked up his sword he stood up and turned his head in time to see Arrongorn swing the hilt of his sword and hit the Darkblade in the side of his helmet, knocking it off and causing the Darkblade to stumble to the side and backwards. He swung his sword in time to block the next blow from Arrongorn and then dodge another, causing Arrongorn to leave a gap open for the Darkblade. The Darkblade swung his fist towards Arrongorns' stomach, hitting it and winding him because the Darkblade didn't have a good enough grip on his sword and was worried about losing it. As Arrongorn doubled over, gasping in air, The Darkblade punched him in the jaw with a powerful uppercut. As Arrongorn fell on to his back, dropping his sword, the Darkblade raised his sword to stab Arrongorn in the chest when he heard the elf gasp and say...

:( (I'm sorry if someone dislikes the part about Arrongorn, where I say a bit about what he does. I won't do it again and I can and will change it if people don't like it. Please tell me. Thanks. Sorry in advance.) :(
Killing means never having to say you're sorry.

Deathmask
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:31 am

(totally fine with me. No worries on my behalf, Just make sure in the future you give the characters a heads up, a message or note on a messenger service saying "hey I'm going to play out a few roles of your character quick. Hope you don't mind, I'll show you the post an see what you think frist though." Lol, it's what I do anyway. Anyway I'm afraid you've left me at a dead end for a post at the moment, which is good to say the least. It leave my character susceptible to others for jumping into the plot. :) )

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apocalypto on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:20 am

Nyx felt warmth course through her veins as she opened her eyes.

"I fainted," she muttered in disgust and disentangled herself from Elvander with a quick word of thanks. There was plenty of time for gratitude later, now she had to fight, as much as she could anyhow.

She scanned the room quickly. Everyone was busy with their own battles, and most of the monsters were dead anyhow. She looked at Arrongorn, locked in battle with someone..something. She watched as he was hit in the stomach, then laid out on the floor by his opponent. The blade of his opponent rose, and was about to sink into Arrongorn's chest when she felt her feet move.

Before she knew it, she had thrown a knife at Arrongorn's opponents sword hand, and had the satisfaction of watching the blade fall down, missing Arrongorn. When the mysterious fighter turned his face to her, however, she knew that she stood no chance against him.

"Nina!" she yelled wildly, hoping against hope that the elf heard her.

Apocalypto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:52 am

"Nina!" Nyx shouted to her but she was a bit tied up as she had six of them crowding round her, "Bloody hell, can't you wait?" she shouted to Nyx and withdrew her one sword "Y'know i still need my other sword" she said glaring at Arrongorn then she smashed her sword into the nearest creature dragging it round in a circular motion hitting all the others "Hole in one!" she shouted laughing, then remembering Nyx, she charged over and said "Whats your problem?" she said dryly.

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apocalypto on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:42 am

Nyx felt icy cold flood her veins as the man looked at her.

She heard Nina ask, "Whats your problem?" and didn't say anything, just pointed at the dark man.

"Thats my problem. I'm too weak to fight him," Nyx said, ashamed. But it was true. She might have bested him in hand to hand combat, but he was a mage and she was not. "I don't stand a chance."

Apocalypto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:45 am

"Weak..Pfft" she said walking away from Nyx, deciding to Help Arrongorn.

"Hello!" she shouted over the comotion smashing a few cretures together with her hands "Y'know when we get outta this if i can't find my sword your paying for a replica!" she shouted hitting a few more creatures.
Last edited by SilencexGolden on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apocalypto on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:47 am

OOC- Isn't Darkblade dude fighting Arrongorn? And isn't he powerful..with his sapphire, and difficult to beat?

Apocalypto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:48 am

OOC: Why do you think i'm helping Kirstie..silly apoc!

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apocalypto on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:51 am

OOC- Okay. Darkblade ws going to sink said blade into Arrongorn and I stopped that by flinging a knife at his arm and making him drop his blade. Now, the evil Lord is looking at me and means to fight me. Arrongorn is lying on the floor. Have I got that right? Cause I'm a bit confused with the way things are going.... Q_Q

Apocalypto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elvander on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:56 am

"Arrongorn!" Elvander yelled, she stood up and faced the monster. Elvander gasped, and said in terror "Alvand!?"
"you, your dead?...."

(Alvand is Elvander's brother who is dead and was turned into the Darkblade by the Dark lord.)

Sype swung her sword up and muttered under her breath, "healing stab" then, she slid to a monster in front of her and stabbed it in the chest. A faint purple glow started on the monster, and when it faded, the monster had fallen over. Sype moved away, pretending that she had only just "killed" the monster, when it stood back up it was fully healed and possibly bigger then before. Sype continued doing this and healed most the monsters, before looking down and flicked her fingers under her cloak, and cast a dark magic spell, that weakened the floor, making it much easier for it to collaps under them.

(now the floor can collaps and stuff can happen! :D Weird plot development!)

Elvander
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:49 am

(okay i jus realised that Deathmask needs to post so please post I'll message him to tell him :D)

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby donanater on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Name:Lina (no last name yet)
Age: Less then a year but the soul was from about 1000 years ago
Race:Human
Side:Good
Weapons:Short sword with rather skill but rarely uses it
Clothing style:Likes her cloak
Personality:Foward and a bit on the greedy side but when it comes down to it she will make the right choice and help the helpless
Bio: Born when Iris's amulet cracked and released the soul that was bond to it. that fused with Iris's soul. She has memories of the past since she is . She is a very powerful sorceress when she was loose. She was known as a pluage to mankind. She is a master over most basic spells and a few very powerful ones like giga crush. With the fusion of souls she is in fact good now even if her evil side will show though at times its very breif.
Birthstone:None has a adverse reaction to the stones.(in a rush will add more tommorow k)
Have you recieved your ring/amulet yet? No
Etc: She has to stay away from the magical birth stones do to the fact that the smiths family cursed her in the past. She tried to force a ansentor(?) to make her one. Iris's famly was the one to inprisine her with in that amulet and the truth was never told to iris since her mother was killed before the time was right.
(Iris for all purpose is dead unless some one does a soul reversel on her)

Iris finally got up from useing to much power at once and relized sumthing was very wrong with the amulet. It was shaking and glowing without her useing her powers. Then it stopped and cracked and shattered expling(sorry in a rush XD) a white smoke that gathered around Iris. Iris thought, "Oh no i dont have time to deal with her." But that thought was short lived as it ingulfed iris and the image of iris grew and out walked a completely different person. like 2 feet taller then iris with a radiant orange hair and just a cape covering her(after all iris clothes where out grown). She said with a sigh," Finally out of that thing. I'll just have to stop this silly fighitng to find out what has happened." With that she leveled her hand at the two swordsmen and chanted a spell," Coldness colder then cold, I comdem thy to sleep eternal, FREEZE BULLET." With that name a blue orb formed in her hand and shot at the the space inbetween the two swordsmen.

donanater
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!