Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Legend of Birth

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Legend of Birth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Just a key note: Please consider that having excessive amounts of the same gemstone defeats the purpose of this RP. Here is a website full of information and listings of gems you could and should use: http://www.valuablestones.com/ Also, Please take time and effort to make your characters, the sheet is just a guidline you can expand yours to include pictures, sexuality, favorite foods whatever. Make this something of your own that you will want to stick with for a long period of time.

Earth has for many ages contained secrets and powers to the world unknown. Birthstones and precious jewels holding secret powers have now been realised. A dark leader has taken forth the last Sapphire in existance, and bound it into a ring. The evil leader now wields this ring with evil and great power, using it to spread terror and mass armies across the lands.

A single man (my character) has recieved a ring wielding a garnet stone with a letter at random. Years later, (five) the earth is in chaos, and the one man has discovered the existence of 'The Ringmaker'. Rings are going out to humans that prove to hold amazing abilities, and amulets out to the Elven race. There in lies one problem in this massacre, however. With the rign and letter the man has realized one key thing; if the Dark Leader is to succeed in their plans to take over the earth, it will destroy one thousand lifetimes of man, elf, and dwarf alike.
The question stands: What side will you take?

Special note: Try to think of this a combination of series': Lord of the Rings; Eragon; The Land of Elyon. If you have read those books or seen the movies it will come to you rather naturally (: Also if you have ever played the RPG Runescape it will aslo help with your weapon choices and clothing styles. I have drawn this RP from various other sources, like the games Fable 2 and Fate.
Keep in mind Amulets infused with precious stones/birthstones are only permited to Elves, rings go to man.

RULES:
-Absolutely no God-modding (ex: a nuclear bomb fall and destroys the world and everyone is dead.)
-You know the rules of the site, no sex talk in here.
-Keep up with the story, and please stick to the storyline and the character you made, don't try to swittch sides back and forth as it is confusing
-Have fun (I'll add more as I think of them)
-Dreadwolf is co-owner and creator of this RP, you must listen to, and obide by both of our rules.
-Please try to keep your posts somewhat lengthy, not necessarily two pages long, but refrain from chat talk as often as possible, I will admit at times it is unavoidable

Skelly:
Name:
Age(Please be reasonable):
Race:
Side:
Weapons:
Clothing style(Ex. Armor of choice, cloaks etc):
Personality:
Bio:
Birthstone:
Have you recieved your ring/amulet yet?
Etc:

My Character:
Name: Arrongorn
Race: Man
Side: Good
Weapons: Willow short bow, steel arrows, Dragoninfused longsword
Clothing style: Long black hooded cloak, thin leather armor under shirt
Personality: Polite, demanding, strong leader-skills, tends to fight alone
Bio: Arrongon was just a man of 37 when he recieved the ring, now at 42 he has realised his destiny to gather an army of men and elf alike. He has gathered few followers and is on a mission currently to find the ringmaker and learn of the future
Birthstone: Garnet
Have you recieved your ring/amulet yet? Yes. His ring is silver, gold, and dragon scale infused; the garnet is in the center of the ring bulging upward slightly, in the presence of evil it glows a deep shade of red and black. He wears his ring on his right hand on his middle finger. There are carvings and engravements over the outer and inner layers of the ring, infusing it with power and detailing in a language readable only by its true beholder the powers it withholds and how to embrace them.
Etc: Arrongorn has a common tendency to speak in dwarvish and elvish languages, he spent most of his teen and young adult years studying scrolls and books of the ages. He takes habit to planning elaborate and detailed interventions with assumable future ringholders, convincing them to choose the side of life.

FAQ's:
Applepoisoneer wrote:Do the rings attributed have any certain powers that you'd be willing to discuss? Such as... Ruby/July being firey or something? That's not quite the month I'd pick, but it's an example.

In response to your question Applepoisoneer, I have actually not considered that idea yet. However at the moment the main attribute I have for the rings and amulets is a certain kind of light that will shine from each during each situation. For example, my character's ring, the Garnet (January) will glow a deep shade of red and black when evil is near, during battle the red light will lighten to a blood color, and it will pulse with silver and light red when he uses chants and spells. The key is that you may choose your stones abilities and powers, just be sure to keep it somewhat, for lack of better word, realistic.
Last edited by ShatteredSoul on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Please rate my posts, as I work very hard and diligently on them, and well, I'd like my reputation rating to be a reflection of that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: The Legend of Birth

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:25 pm

I am co-owner of this rp what me and kirstie say are final, we are the gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:Nina lo'kinser
Race:Elf
Side:Good
Weapons:Oak Bow with Willow arrows Dual Long swords Forming an x across my back
Clothing style:She wears a long green coak with her blue top and a black skirt over a pair of blue pants.
Personality:Quick paced,Bloodthirsy,bitchy
Bio:Nothing is known as of yet about my past and so there is nothing to put here
Birthstone:Ruby
Have you recieved your ring/amulet yet? Yes i do not wear it but only in battle
Etc: none

Picture:Image
Last edited by SilencexGolden on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Thanks Mainee! ~ xox.
Please add your name to my list of people for my newest experiment: A Vampire's Masquerade (Interest Check)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby donanater on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:05 pm

Skelly:
Name:Iris
Race:Human
Side:Good
Weapons:Guantlets both bladed and none bladed, Varios daggers, vials, and stones
Clothing style:Mourning dress thats been cut short for battle(blood doesnt show up easy on black)
Personality: Level headed, and always laughes at everything
Bio: She was born in a well to do family. Her parents were both accomplished mages. But that all changed the day the iris's father who was scrying and looked apon the wrong person and he killed his mother. Apon seeing that outrage Iris took her training dagger and cut her fathers throat. Her dyeing father's words where a curse to never let her age agian. So with that she set out to find a way to lift this curse and to get her revenge on the dark lord. Her amulet was her mothers and had shined brightly when she handled it. The amulet had given her some strange words and when she spoke them she suddenly couldnt see herself. After that fateful day she left and joined in some monk training to hone her skills. While she was training as a skilled monk she was the masked emerald at night stealing for fun and to help the orphanage she had taken a liken to. Apon her 35th birthday her training as a monk was complete and she was granted the monostaries' guantlets. She thought this time I will make whoever he saw pay for his crimes. All she had to go on was that he had sumthign to do with blue.
Birthstone:Emerald
Have you recieved your ring/amulet yet? no and yes
Etc:Is actually very well off but she has taken the life of a monk and never lets greed interfear with her desicions.

donanater
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:33 pm

OOC: Many people are turning down the idea of joining this RP due to the connections it has with LOTR and others, also due to a bit of misunderstanding. I will post an IC to get it up and moving and also to provoke understanding and taste.
"Arrongorn stood alone in the dark on the outskirts of a small village. His cloak hung over his back protectively, hood drawn over his head covering a clear view of his face. It had been long since he had had to enter a village to seek a future jewel bearer, but the task hung over him relentlessly. Adjusting the leather glove on his right hand and shifting his sheathed sword and quiver under the cloak, he stepped towards the gates.
Guard: "Who goes there?" (pronounced- th-eh)
"Just a passer by looking for a mug of ale and a nights stay at the inn."
Guard: "Very well then, continue down the road a bit it'll be on the right , can't (cah-nt) miss it.
He nodded, and began walking down the road, mumbling under his breath in elvish. A vision crossed over his eyes of the exact location of the person he was searching for, a girl by the name of Isis. She was standing outside the pub in the back, a shady spot. Crossing a hand over his ring the vision ended and he hurried down the path towards the girl. Once in front of her, he bowed his head low and whispered, "Evening miss, I wonder if I may have a word?""

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby donanater on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Iris was a bit displeased at the man." You know you have kept me waiting for over two hours. It is good that you are here now." Never having met the man she didnt know what to expect from him. Well he did after all say the meeting words so it had to be him. "Anyways what business do you have with me?" she said a bit irritated as she continued to scan him only to notice the ring. "Oh came to convince me to join a side huh. Well just so you know im already agianst anything evil," Fire burning in her eyes as she pounded the wall of the tavern cuasing a hole to form. Looking at the damage she could hear inside the tavern owner running out to see what had happen. "Ummm whatever your name we can talk about that lately but im running the way you came an dyou can join me or not. That hole is at least a couple gold pieces and i dont care to pay." So then with a wave of her hand she turned invisble and called to the swordsmen, "are you coming," already some length from the tavern.

donanater
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Quickly, Arrongorn followed after, slightly aggravated at the interuption; there were far more important things to be doing. He glanced down to notice his glove had shifted and the ring was indeed showing, he adjusted it to hide the ring once more. Having a ring in clear sight is not wise, it leaves you vulnerable to enemies and unwanted questioing. Arriving outside of the town at the edge of the woods he stopped. "Isis, I understand your aggravation. However I am here for you. For many years I have seeked the ringbearers and amulet holders; I must know, have you recieved your ring from the Ring Maker yet? You need understand the importance of the matter." Removing his glove carefully, he revealed his ring to her, pointed out the inscriptions. "I am destined to locate each and every stone, and it's beholder. I am destined to prevent the bearers from joining the Dark Lord, from colliding with the sapphire. If you truly do not wish to have anything to do with the sapphire and the Dark Lord," He pauses, and lowers his voice, "then it is I who am destined to train you in the language of your ring, and the methods at which to use its power. This is no longer a rumor to you Isis. You must choose your fate, you must join to fight for allegiance."

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby donanater on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Iris stopped at his words,"I know full well about the rings and amulets and about the dark lord. I may look young but i know far more then your average person." Iris looking over her sholder to make sure the tarvern poeple where no where to be found says,"Dont worry yourself I am on the good side of things and no i havent gotten my ring from the ring maker nor do i want to. Thats what killed my father." She remenbers the ring on her fathers hand glowing before he killed her mother. "No i dont have the ring but i hav emy amulet and that has been more then enough for me. But ill join you on your little adventure cuase i am rather bored lately." She holds her hands out as if wanting a hand shake from the swordman.

donanater
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:34 pm

He nodded, taking her hand politely. "My ring has shown me things about you, your past, your future, even your dreams. Your father's mind was corrupted by the ring; man has as a weak ability to fight off greed and hunger for power. Iris you can not fight your destiny, if you refuse ring it will not leave you alone. If too much time passes, your stone could fall into the wrong hands." He looked up at the night sky, motioning his hand to the far distance, "Out there lies a realm of dragons, one possibly linked to your ring. And beyond that, a vast oasis of ash and evil, stretching farther and farther across earth. Blood spills everyday at the Dark Lord's greed to hold every ring and contain all power." Removing his hood, he revealed a long scar stretching over his left eye. "A man I formerly called friend took to the Dark Lord's side, he attempted to take my ring, using his own. Unfortunately he is dead, not at my hands, at the Dark Lords. Deceipt lies everywhere, people join the evil thinking that they will live, only to be murdered for their stones."

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:12 pm

((OOC:
Name: Vindex
Race: Human, Celtic/Germanic
Side: Good
Weapons: A Battle-Axe and A Mace.
Clothing style: Celtic, a leather curiass and boots, with a bronze helmet. Wears pine green trousers and a shirt over/under the curiass, with a similarly colored cloak wrapped around him.
Personality: A very friendly and good natured man, albeit a bit violent. The kind of guy you'd want to share a pint with, or have on your side in a scrap. Simplistic, yet logical.
Bio: He was born a son of a woodsman, he follows the old ways. He has commonly visited the nearby village, to restock on various stuffs that he can find in the forests, and knows many there. He had found his ring not too long ago, in a ruined keep, near the outskirts of the forest.
Birthstone: Topaz
Have you received your ring/amulet yet? Yes.
Etc: Not very wealthy, but doesn't need to be. Has a strong connection to nature, and can communicate with animals, and plants.

Is this okay?

I can make a bad-guy too, seems this RP is fairly devoid of them... But sometimes, the story is better if told from one perspective, like the Sword of Shannara.))

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:42 pm

OOC: That's fine Ottoman =D Thank you for joining, I will be with you in one moment.

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:53 pm

((OOC: Glad to be of help. :)))

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:14 pm

Arrongorn blinked, his eyes turning a pale white color as a vision overtook him. A man named Vindex had his ring, and was nearby in the forest. The vision blurred as time moved past, revealing a future version of the man revealing his Topaz ring in battle; orcs surrounded him, the rings glowing light faded suddenly. The vision ended. Blinknig again Arrongorn looked at Iris, "I am sorry m'lady. I must go, 'tis an emergency." He turned to face the forest and muttered "Revealeth le Vindirothon." His hands glowed dimly a shade of red, as he surged words in his mind to contact the man., "Stay where you are Sir Vindex, a messenger must speak with you urgently." Releasing from the message, his hands stopped glowing; he ran into the forest with godspeed, using his rings abilites to track Vindex, it had showed him resting near an old keep. Placing his hood over his head he arrived in front of the man. He spoke in a low whisper, "Good evening sir. I wonder if I may have a word?"

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dweebs on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Name: Gin Tolerance, Mirage's cousin from another universe.
Race:Human
Side: He wants to be evil, just for fun, but was attached to his friends and family (Cousin)
Weapons: Did not find any yet, but had training in swordsmanship, all he needs is a sword.
Clothing style:Just a tunic, and brown pants.
Personality:He is not happy with his life, unlike his cousin Mirage who is not from the same universe as he is. He only talks when he was talked to, but when he reached the point of boredom, he would start conversations.
Bio:He left his home when he was 20, now he is independent. His family was to poor, it ripped his heart apart when he left them without saying goodbye, but he was satisfied with his decision since he gave his family a chance of survival once he was gone. He never gets attched to people, despite his age, he does not want love or friendship. A very depressing man, he rather stayed by himself than be in a group. He met Arrongorn in a bar once, and decided to be his companion, since that man proved to be interesting.

Birthstone:Opal
Have you recieved your ring/amulet yet: no. Thanks to that, he felt his existence was worthless and further became detached from people.
Etc: He carries a dagger for protection. Although he is Arrongorn's companion, he was not interested in the man, but he's still waiting for that man to do something interesting.

dweebs
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:40 pm

((OOC: If you'd excuse me, I'll get my first post up tomorrow morning, I'm off to bed.))

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 pm

OOC: Ok Ottoman, I will await your reply patiently. Dweebs that is fine (:

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:03 am

The sounds of the forest had stopped, that was the way it was here, at the keep. That was why he didn't like it, it felt... wrong. But, ruins of civilizations lost had always intrigued him, and it seemed something called him here... The Keep itself was only stone now, most of the wood rotted away ages ago, and the echoes could still be heard of what made them leave. He seemed to hear a voice, inside the keep, a whisper, it, like the keep, felt of evil, but it was enthralling, it called him in...

Come, and take what is yours...

He hefted his axe in his hands as he made his way inside, the Keep's treasures had been plundered long before his time, the stones were well preserved, as was the writing. He could hear the voice calling him over to a corner in the room,

Vindex, come...

He kneeled beside where he last heard the voice, setting his axe beside him, he started to wipe away leaves and other debris that had gathered there, and then he cast eyes upon it. A ring. A simple ring in-fact, with a single, non-decorative band, with a Topaz gem embedded in it... He picked it up, examining it. He then put it in one of his pockets, and he saw, momentarily, a horrid vision, of anger, of a great, and forgotten evil. He was momentarily phased, then he picked up his axe and trudged outside, over to a tree, where he sat, resting, then another vision manifested itself, though not of evil, it was still startling,

"Stay where you are Sir Vindex, a messenger must speak with you urgently."

He then looked about himself, and readying his axe, prepared for this messenger, who promptly appeared, as if out of nowhere, saying,

"Good evening sir. I wonder if I may have a word?"

Vindex then, looked at the man, who's cowl hid most of the features of his face and replied,

"I would not object, you do not have the stink of evil about you, unlike the Keep there."

He gestured towards the ruins.
Last edited by Ottoman on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:27 am

"Hmph!" Nina said, as she walked round the building where a guard had just denied her entry "Ar**hole" she said, as she started to climb the building "its easier climbing buildngs than walking round them" She said, when she reached the top she paused for a moment, considering her options 'Tavern equals bed and food whereas leaving equals a night under the stars' she thought to herself "ah stuff it" she muttered as she headed to the tavern, moving from roof to roof with ease, Nina finally reached the tavern roof 'Easy or hard way?' she thought as she jumped off the roof of the building adjacent to the tavern "easy" she said, as she opened the door to the tavern and headed inside.

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:59 am

Observing the man and surroundings carefully, Arrongorn began soeaking again. "Thank you for understanding the urgency at hand. I am here for you, Vindex. For many years I have seeked the ringbearers and amulet holders; I must know, have you recieved your ring from the Ring Maker yet? You need understand the importance of the matter." He paused looking carefully at th man in front of him. "I am destined to locate each and every stone and it's beholder. It is my destiny to prevent the bearers from joining the Dark Lord, from colliding with the sapphire. If you truly do not wish to have anything to do with the sapphire and the Dark Lord," He pauses, and lowers his voice, "then it is I who am destined to train you in the language of your ring, and the methods at which to use its power. This is no longer a rumor to you Vindex; 'tis all very real. You must choose your fate, you must choose a side."

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby donanater on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:37 pm

Iris was shocked at how he ran away but luckily she had tagged him with a location stone to keep a eye on him. She thought, Well so much for him as she followed the direction her location stone shown and persided to follow the swordsmen. When she had finally located the man she mummered to herself,"This guy gets around." She jumpped into a tree to observe this new fellow the swordsmen was talking to. Thanks to the location stone she could hear somewhat of what there where saying. She relised this man was indeed collecting the ring bearers to fight agianst the dark lord. Even though she wanted to kill him herself she knew any grathering of power would alert the dark lord. So she continued to listen to the two talk.

donanater
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilencexGolden on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Nina stopped and her ears pricked up she could feel something happening but what? she didnt know, as she looked behind her just before she entered the tavern she noticed there was a strange figure in a tree she thought this to be most peculiar and went to investigate. She stood at the base of the tree looking up at the strange figure, who Nina now believed to be female, and started to shake the tree(Of course everyone knows that this isnt a wise thing to do) but the figure still clung on, so she climbed up the tree with inhumane speed and tapped the figure with her ring finger.

SilencexGolden
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!