Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Kalnar Dun Unleashed

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Kalnar Dun Unleashed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:10 pm

Kalnar Dun Unleashed

(revised remake)

"1,000 years ago, in the land of Kalnar Dun, there was a dark and all-powerful wizard. Elsana, he was called, and even when his name was spoken, it was in hushed, frightened voices. In secret he concocted a powerful poison. In secret he placed the gorgeous potion in the Goblin King's quarters. And, not being able to resist the delicious drink, the Goblin King was turned into Elsana's soldier. With his immense power, Elsana removed the Goblins from their precious gold mines and into Kalnar Dun where he used them as puppets. These puppets were to overtake the free kingdoms by sheer number. The resistance was futile. To fight back was to perish. The people simply began to give up. The greedy Elsana transformed Kalnar Dun into an impenetrable fortress. The goblins waxed under the dominion of the dark wizard, and their numbers grew tremendously.

The world's grandest cities were simply overrun by the mass armies of Elsana. The dark wizard had learned to make trolls and giant scorpions bend to his will, and it was a terrible sight indeed. The populace did what they could do. Flee. But even so, there was a small resistance. It was a hopeless gesture, but the people knew it would be this or total domination.

The Alliance of men and dwarves met the host at the great gates of Kalnar Dun. The army was flanked by a contingency of scorpion riders from one side, and a group of trolls from the other. The goblins came in from the front, and decimated the confused warriors. All hope was lost. Beldar, the King of the Dwarves, was slain by a boulder thrown from over 40 yards. The brave soldiers of the Alliance all perished that day, and the enemy grew stronger as they knew that not only their only enemies had died, but they had captured a few thousand sets of some of the greatest dwarven forged arms and armor known to man."

....Thats how the story goes.... Of how this world came to be....

You play the role of a a warrior, ranger, necromancer, elementalist, civilian, etc trying to live in this once great world Gadrenal. Rolepaly as part of the Light or Darkness trying to either save or destroy this world and take it down into the misty darkness of forever night.

Map of Gadrenal

OOC: Welcome, if you feel like joining please post a bio in the OOC(Out of Character) thread
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/kalnar-dun-unleashed-ooc-thread-t19668.html
I love escalators, because escalators can never break--they can only become stairs.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Kalnar Dun Unleashed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Luna sighed as she lowered herself to the floor removing her hood, revealing her pearly white hair. her peach skin gleamed as the night hit. She frowned. She had beenn out all day revisiting her old home...the place where everything was taken away from her. Her mother and grandmother had died in that house while she was away...being a kid. She wished that she had been there to heal them, fight to save them. But she just had to get out of the house. But while she was visiting that dreaful place she had been doing another job. Spying and looking out for the citizens against the Goblins.

She had a horrible hatred for those creatures and the dark wizard that turned them against the world. Now she was here at home, taking a break before she went out again, her jitters slowly returning. This was her daily life, concocting plans to free everyone, sure it sounded optimistic but she had to do something. She proised herself and her family that she would push the darkness away. But what was she going to do alone? Suddenlt she heard the tweet of a bird outside her window. looking up she saw the bird had an injured wing. Rising to her feet, she opened the window and gently place her hands on the birds wings. She felt life and energy flow through her before the bird chirped again and then fly off. She leaned on the windowsill letting out a long quiet breath.
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
(Final Fantasy 7

(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") Copy Bunny and help him take over the world! Mwuhaha!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Almost as if a ghost invisible to the eye, Elequi seemed as if he just appeared in a tree behind the house although he had been there all along. His cape drooped off the branches of the tree with his back leaned up against the trunk of the large majestic tree. One leg was propped up a little higher than the other on the branch, the sun glistening off of the chainmaille and fingerless guantlets that he wore. He flipped his long black hair out of his eyes and watched the girl heal the bird, then grinned.

"Another one of you elementalist, aye?" The man named Elequi said. "This little village seems to have alot of 'em, I guess it may have to do with being so close to Avon Den and the Ranier Forest. Nothing bad 'bout that, nice place to get away and have some peace I could say, if it weren't for the one downfall of bein' so neer to Kalnar Dun."

He stood up on the tree limb with balance almost as good as that of a cat, and walked down a little ways farther away from the trunk and stopping as he almost slipped. Carefully and standing on a limb he reached out and picked an apple from the tree next to it. He held the apple in his hand and looked it over, then at the girl.

"What brings you to this side of the town?" He asked, and took a bite from the apple. "Yes it beautiful, but many people died here many years ago when the goblins invaded, bad memories aye?" He asked, walking back over to the trunk of the tree, and jumping down to a branch below.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Luna looked up quickly grabbing her sword before she took a deep breath and then sighed leaning on the windowsill. "Yeah I guess you can say that," she said with a small grin on her face. She ran a few fingers through her white hair before sighing, "Just where did you come from?" she asked. She pulled herself onto the window sill and then pointed towards the apple, wanting one for herself. That's when it hit her. "You must be a necromancer huh?' she asked, gawking at him. She'd never seen one so close before.

She chuckled, before crossing her arms, looking at her pale hands. "Well I live here. i come here when I need a rest and I just want to remember what happened. I lost alot here, and I come here to relax," she said hanging her head. She would rather just not talk about it. Remembering everything was painful but she knew she had to keep her life and past close. She grinned before looking back up at the man. "Who are you? And what are you doing here?" she asked.

Was he even going to tell her his name? What if he just went and disappeared on her? She hoped not, it was nice to have someone to talk to.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:49 pm

Elequi climbed down the tree and leaned against it, still grinning slightly. "I guess you could say that im a necromancer, I study them both, although it seems that healing takes to much energy out of me at the heat of battle, so I dont do it. I can't do it," He told her, grinning a little more, and threw an apple to her while walking a little closer to the window.

"I go by the name of Elequi, m' lady," He said, stopping about 10 feet away from the window. "I was an elve who lived in these parts when I was a boy trying to escape the Tri Stanis Crisis, and my parents were very young, only about 100 years old." He explained, his grin still held on his face. "I was in the study of elementalism with my parents, when I was once found here by a dark wanderer who drawned me deep into darkness to assist him in his life, but his assistance was never met when a mob from here pinned his arms agaisnt a wall and made him beg for mercy before his head was cut like a chickens, you remember that day aye?" He replied, stepping closer to the window and resting his hands on it.

He felt the old wood of the window with his fingers, the glass that stood there was appearantly shattered long ago, and the wood felt like it was rotting away in time.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Catching the apple without looking she bit into it, nodding her head. So his name was Elequi and he was an elve. She grinned, she liked his companion though. As she continuedto eat her apple she listened to his life story, which she wasn't expecting. But she knew what he went through when that day came...when everything was turned upside down. they day she had lost everything that was near and dear to her heart. She looked up at him, swallowing a bit of apple before nodding her head.

"Nice to meet you Elequi my name is Luna, and I've lived through that day and lost my family to that day. I was going to stay home and help mother...but I had to leave...I was just a child back then...I wanted to have fun. So when they came and attacked...and I hid. i was so afraid that they would catch me. so like a coward I hid and waited until it was all done. I returned home and well...there wasn't much left. if I was there...I could have healed them. I could have kept them alive," she muttered to herself.

She looked at Elequi. That was the first time that she had told anyone that story all though she was sure that everyone felt the pain of death. the pain that was just to much. But amazingly just being beside another person..was making her slightly happy.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Elequi let out a light sigh.
"I actually have no idea of what became of my family. Once I became what I am now I fled in fear that my mother and father would reject me without a second thought," The man looked up at her ffrom the window seal, and his grin vanished as he leaned up against the side of the window. "I have served many sides and many wars, m' lady," He told her, standing back up straight as his grin returned. "I've slept under the great house of Tri stanis down the the pits of Kalnar Dun's caves. Meeting persons from the ruler of Del Haven, to the one whoms name you elementalists are strictly prohibbited to speak."

He turned around the the wods, listening to the call of birds along with shrieks of creatures beyond count. He turned back the the elementalist, giving her a nod. "Meeting you has been a brighten of this particular day, but as it be I must be off. I have far travels to walk and my feet grow hungry to keep on thier path," He spoke, and turned and started walking into the trees, just as he passed the large willow sitting next to the apple tree he turned back to the young elementalist. "Aye," He spoke back to her. "If you're heading east than be weary, a newly formed tribe of goblins be in those woods or the Ranier."

And with that he turned away again, just as quickly as the man had appeared he had disappeared into the mist of the Ranier forest.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Owl on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:30 pm

"Master! Oh Master Fither! I have the most wonderful news!"
Hyzenthlay couldn't help herself but be excited. She had made a very important discovery and had run all the way to her mentor's hobble to tell him of it. However she had a very unpleasant surprise when she reached his home. The door was knocked into the house. Inside she could see all of his books torn from the shelves and furniture smashed on the floor. "Master Fither!" She tore into the house afraid to see her beloved teacher dead on the floor somewhere. He was getting old and if it weren't for his magic, he would have died long ago. She sighed with a relief, he wasn't anywhere in the house. "Where could he have gone. He didn't take any of his things. He must have been attacked, poor old Fither." Outside she searched for tracks, but the rain from the night before washed any evidence away. "I'm going out to find him. He might need my help." She then noticed a small note partially hidden under a stone. She could barley make out the writing. It had only one word "KalnarDun"
Through the trees she ran faster than any human, to a cottage on the hill. Thylali sat outside on a stump smoking an old pipe and blowing smoke rings. "Hallo darling farling! You look troubled, why is there distress in my daughter's heart?"
"Thylali! Someone has taken Old Master Fither. I must go find him in case he needs my help."
"Ah I see. There is trouble a brewing, the trees have been talking you know, and the wilderness is stirring, I think your ole master might have been taking by the same thing that has the world troubled. We've been secluded from everything dangerous here. It's only a matter of time before these mountains and hills are discovered. But don't worry my child. I am Thylali nothing can hurt me. Only worry about yourself and your ole mentor."
She nodded signifying another good bye to her adopted father and he too with a wide grin nodded.
Hyzenthlay knew the journey would be long so she brought rope, a knife and a cloak.
Then she descended down the mountain. It was the mid afternoon by the time she reached the clearing on the hill. She looked back at her mountain peaks and sighed. "I'm on my way Master Fither." In front of her were grassy hills and valley's and trees beyond that. She whistled a loud high pitch whistle that carried in the wind. Not a moment later her best companion came strolling into the clearing. "Rudoe, we have to go find Master." He knelt down so that she could mount him and then they started their journey east.
For 4 days they rode. the weather proved favorable. They never ran into anything other than a few foxes and bears which she was familiar with. Then they came to a dirt road. It had obviously been used many times and it lead to a bridge crossing the creek.
"We should avoid the road Rudoe. People use these roads, and I've been warned many times by dryads that people are trouble." Rudoe snorted in agreement.
For the next five days they used the trees to avoid people. They had reached a quaint village but dared not to go any near it.
"Lets sleep here for the night Rudoe. Then we'll find our way through the village early tomorrow morning before anyone wakes."
Looking down at the note she had kept, she pondered if anyone would know what it meant. Perhaps the villagers would know? But she had never met any humans other than Fither and Thylali. From what she could tell was that they lead on to be different than most humans. Thylali made certain she understood to stay away from men. "Women are not nearly as dangerous as men. Men will lock you up and keep you forever in their homes to never see the daylight again." He had once told her.
Rudoe happily grazed on the green grass while Hyzenthlay pondered. "Alright I have a plan, I am going to go into the village and see what I can find out about this note. You stay here till you hear me call. If I'm in danger we will run into those trees over there and keep hidden. Men cannot see at night so we'll be at an advantage." He gave her a warning look but knew she would not listen to him, so he agreed anyway.
Already the evening sun was setting so she had to be quick. As quietly as she could she wandered into the boundaries of the village. Barefooted, equipped only with knife and dressed in ragged sashes she stood out like a sore thumb.
A few people starred at the stranger. Never before had she been so nervous. not looking she bumped into a man carrying a large barrel of wine, he dropped it and the wine flooded onto the street. Such an intense smell burned her nose.
He roared in anger. "You clumsy fool of a girl! That wine took years to make!" His round face turned bright red. Many of the bystanders were laughing at the incident. So much for low profile she thought. He grabbed her arm rather hard and pulled her up to his face "What do you have to say for yourself!?" He then cried in pain. She bit his shoulder digging her fangs in deep. As soon as he let go of her arm she ran as fast as she could through the village. Some of the women screamed in terror.
(ooc: Sorry it's so long. Heh heh)

Owl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Luna sighed before she closed her eyes, finishing off her apple. She didn't need to stay here. She just came back here to say good bye to everything that she loved with her heart. Her duty was protecting herself and others from the evil and darkness of the world. Leaping off of the windowsill she made her way towards a small chest. She rummaged through it before finding a smaller box containing a necklace with a small red charm on it. She held it in her hands and then whispered words of strentgh against it. She felt stronger. She put on the necklace, and grabbed a small pack of food and her sword which she all ways kept with her.

She leaped onto the windowsill and then took one last look around. This was possibly the last time that she would see this place again and it saddened her. But she had duty and this was her duty. So without a second though she leaped out the windowsill landing on the street with a quiet thud. She threw on her cloak and then raced of to Ranier Forest the fog covering her. Her eyes were constantly on the move. She just needed to pass through the other side, find a horse and then be on her merry way. But something about this forest made her feel rather uneasy. She kept her hand on the hilt of her sword, as she continued to run. Suddenly she heard a rustle from beside her. She slid to a stop before she heard a voice.

"What are you doing here girl?" and that's when she recongized that it was a goblin. Elequi had warned her. But instad of answering she greeted the goblin with her sword. The goblin rose from the brush and then sped towards her. Luna dodged the attack, seeing the creatures every move. she sped forward and with two slahes watched as the creature fell to the ground. She looked at her sword before sliding it back into it's sheath. She had to keep moving. That Goblin wasn't as strong, probably a younger one. If so then more would be out here. She sighed. She needed to get moving.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Owl on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:16 pm

Rudoe was waiting for Hyzenthlay at the edge of town. He gave her that "I told you so look" and lectured her about how humans are strange and best avoided.
Hyzenthlay shrugged off his lecture and pulled the note from her pocket. still had no clue what the Fither's message was. With no sign nor direction to where her master was, Hyzenthlay felt helpless and frustrated. Poor old Master Fither could be in trouble and in desperate need of her help. She imagined the worst, that she could be too late and her master dead. Her frustration turned to anger, and she decided to take it out on the town that had mistreated her so.
She cupped her hands around her mouth and made one long hollow note. It could be heard for over a mile and all the canines in the area began to howl back. The message she sent was a canine pride howl. All the animals would carry on the message of pride all night long till the sun rose. Even though the message is not a message of evil intent, the eerie voices of all the dogs in the town and the wolves in the surrounding wilderness would keep the villagers up in anxiety. That and the sudden eruption of howls confused and frightened the people, never before had such an event happened, as they all tried to shut their dogs up.
With that Hyzenthly smirked and mounted Rudoe. She could depend on a good wolf howl to keep those wretched humans tossing and turning in their beds a while.

They trotted off into the trees at a nice and easy pace, after an hour of walking or so Rudoe became uneasy.
He asked Hyzenthlay if her instincts were warning her of anything. She felt no real present danger but thought it would be best to ask the trees. She was never very good at this. Thylali could talk to trees and hold on entire conversations, Hyzenthlay however was too easily distracted, for talking to trees consist of concentration and silence. It was always easiest to call out a dryad to translate if they could be found.

She cleared her mind and stood as silent and as calm as ever. The two figures remained quiet in the night not making a move. soon all the sounds of the forest, could be heard, from a beetle walking onto a flower peddle to a leaf falling from a branch. After a while Hyzenthlay managed to dull out any other noises except for the voices of the trees which then flooded her ears. They were all unsettled and distressed, like a bee hive that had been invaded by a hungry bear, all of them buzzing in conversation. The trees were arguing amongst each other and ranted of troubled times. She tried to call out to them. "What has happened to your forest, why is there the presence of fear in your cores?"
Before Hyznthlay could get an answer she was interrupted by a "thwack!" A knife had whirled past her head and planted it's self into the bark of a nearby tree.
Even Rudoe, the attentive elk had been taken by suprise, before they could react another knife flew through the air and made it's way between Hyzenthlay's neck and shoulder. She winced as she wrenched to knife out of the wound, where her blood began to spill out. Feeling faint she fell to her knees. Rudoe ran by her and knelt down, telling to her to hurry. Hyzenthlay clung onto his neck barely able to hold on, but as soon as she was mounted Rudoe ran, faster than any elk, horse, or wolf.
It seemed as though they would have been out of danger, but then Hyzenthlay was knocked off of Rudoe by the blunt force of a club. Rudoe turned back to retrieve her "No Rudoe, run! Run from here! Find help!"
The elk stood hesitantly, then decided to listen to Hyzenthlay's orders and left her too search for help. As her gaurdian and friend, he felt wretched leaving her behind.

A fat troll toward over Hyzenthlay smiling and giggling as she bled out on the earth. A few others who had been hiding in the trees joined him. "Something sweet to eat boys!" They all burst out laughing. She tried to crawl away but the largest of the trolls dragged her by her ankle and held her upside down. "You're not going anywhere!" Before he could say anything else he felt his shin crumble beneath him. "She broke my leg! She broke my leg with her hand!" With that he collapsed to the ground with a thud, crushing Hyzenthlay under his massive weight.
The other three trolls stood gawking, their strongest was lying on the ground weeping. His body was then shoved off to the side by a growing beast. What was once a woman was now turning into a massive monster. Her bones cracked as they grew and adjusted, her clothes ripped as her body expanded and a gurgling, growling sound came from deep within her.

Running for his life, the last troll knew he was doomed. He could hear the heavy breathing of the beast chasing him, the trees whizzed by him as he ran, he could feel the hot breath on his neck. As quick as he could he hid behind a tree to catch his breath then nervously looked around to see if the werewolf was there. He saw nothing, perhaps it had given up the hunt and decided to let him alone. But before he could sigh a sigh of relief the beast was in front of him. His scream echoed through the trees, then the night stood silent.

Rudoe knew Hyzenthlay since she was very young and knew that she was beast waiting to emerge. Whenever she had shape shifted, he was sure to be as far away as possible for his own sake, After all in the shape of a beast Hyzenthlay was never in her right mind and would turn on her loved ones without a second thought.
He could not however, depended on her to shape shift and protect herself at will. So he ran looking for someone, a wolf, a bear, a dryad, nymph, anyone. Till he came upon a human. A young woman with silver hair. Even though Rudoe distrusted humans, this was an emergency and she would have to do.

He trotted in front of her, standing a few feet away and starred into her eyes hoping that she would understand. It could be possible that the wound Hyzenthlay received could cause her to bleed to death. The trolls might have ended her life. Or Rudoe was going to lead this young woman into a monster.

Owl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:12 am

Attracted by the commotion in the neighboring part of the Ranier Forest, Elequi headed in that direction. He never headed in any precise direction most of the time, mostly because he didn't have anywhere in particular that he needed or wanted to go, and when something caught his attention he didn't ignore it.

As silent as a spider he slipped through the heavy brush and trees, wondering what poor towns' folk got fed to the trolls this night. It almost amazed him how the kingdom of men had nowdays lived thier lives. They lived in fear of all the neighboring kingdoms, even thier allies, and were so unfit for war and fighting that they would not even defend thier own small towns from even small tribes of goblins or trolls.

Minutes later the elve reached a clearing, to his surprise he didn't find a man or woman torn apart limb by limb in the trolls mouth, but instead he found all of the trolls in a bloody heap. He walked over to one of the less mutilated one, and with great force turned the corpse over on its side. "Damn, half trolls." He growled, looking at the ugly face of the dead creature. Thier the smallest of trolls that walk this earth, but thier ability to talk and understand common sense gives them the upper hand in a fight along with thier unmatched strength that no men, elve, or dwarve could ever hope the master.

Elequi stood up straight again, whatever killed these half-trolls must still be around here, something much bigger. The strangest night he had ever experianced in this peaceful town, he'd never heard dogs howling like that, or a tribe or half-trolls dead in this short of a time.

Almost as if it were rigged, he heard the screetch of a another half-troll just down the forest, so he turned that direction and ran as quickly and quietly as he could, just trying to catch sight of who or what had just so recently done this. He rounded a corned and found a large beast, bigger than the half-trolls, and only standing less than 20 feet away, pausing in his steps he watched it.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Luna stopped dead in her tracks lowering her hands from her sword. And elk stood before her staring into her eyes. She raised an eyebrow before crossing her arms. but something told her that the elk wouldn't just stand here and look at her. Something was up.She made her way closer, extending her hand to the elk. She didn't want to scare it off. She looked around at the same time hoping that they would fnd something. She hoped and prayed that whatever had frightened the elk, wasn't around.

"Ok, calm down..." she whispered quietly. Laying a hand on the neck of the elk. She felt something course through her before she stepped back for a moment, her hands still hovering in the air. "I'll follow you," she said, she understood and that was the part that scared her. But she knew something was wrong. "Come on. We need to get going. if I'm right some one is in trouble and we need to get moving." she said bending down, getting ready to run. She drapwed her cloak around herself before looking back at the elk with a nod.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moblin Killer on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Slouching on a branch high up in an old oak tree holding a small leather-bound book and a quill, Benjamin looked at a blank page, a severe case of writer's block making sure he did not create what he wanted to. Laying the quill down on the crease between the pages, Benjamin closed the book, wiping the end of the quill clean of ink with the sleave of his pants, which were close at hand as he was sitting cross-legged. Putting the book inside a satchel at his hip, Benjamin looked down as he heard a scream of a half-troll nearby, possibly the one that had just run by a while ago muttering to himself. Looking up at the moon, he saw it was indeed a full moon and sighed, then massaged his forehead with a hand and squinting his eyes.

"Damn werewolves," Benjamin said to himself, "no wonder I can't think." Benjamin was speaking of an old superstition of his village that the full moon brings out the savage in all things, blocking all thoughts and leaving only the need to hunt. Those who are especially atune to such a phenomenon are werewolves and such. Looking down, he noticed a Elven man in black armor and blacker hair run by beneath him, going torwards the direction of the scream of death from the half-troll, then stopping behind a tree looking around the corner of it.

"Hmm, might as well make sure he won't get hurt." Benjamin pointed an open palm torwards the Elve and tried to focus the magical energy around him into his hand. He began to speak.

"That Elven-man's form, do not reveal. With the light of moon, I make this deal." Releasing the energy, Benjamin focused on the Elve below as to make sure he was the one to be affected by his incantation, not someone else. Slowly but surely, the magic reached the Elve below. There, thought Benjamin, That should make him harder to find by whatever is down there with him. Now maybe I should have taken care of smell though? Naw, he'll probably manage. I'll have to take the incantation off him before he leaves though.
If anyone knows of any good wilderness survival roleplays, I would be exuberated to hear about them or get an invite.

Moblin Killer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:15 pm

It was quiet, dark, and still. Perfect conditions...thought Darrick as he sat in tree. Darrick looked down at the small hut below the tree he was sitting in, searching for any signs of life. Drawing a small scroll from a pouch at his waist, he read it once more just to make sure that he was in the right place.

To Whom It May Concern

I am in need of your particular skills. There is an old beggar hermit that lives in the forest overlooking our village. He keeps harassing my family and myself and has threatened to harm us when he's drunk. I can stand him no longer. If you eliminate him I will give you a small sum.

This won't even test my skills at all. This beggar will go down quickly and quietly. Darrick silently dropped down to the forest floor, landing with only a slight sound of crunching leaves. He moved from shadow to shadow, moving so quickly that it was almost impossible to see him. Pressing himself up against the wall of the hut, Darrick drew the katana. There was no sound as the blade slid from the sheath. Slicing himself an opening in the wall of the hut, he crawled into the dark interior. The beggar was sitting by the fire, apparently asleep. Darrick quickly crossed the small room and grabbed the beggar. The beggar woke, and screamed loudly. Darrick shoved the katana through the beggar's chest, and the beggar screamed again. With a savage twist, Darrick withdrew the katana from the beggar's chest. The man dropped like a limp rag, his blood forming a small pool underneath his limp form. Darrick cleaned his katana on the beggar's rags and sheathed it. He walked out of the hut as the fire began to sputter, as it was being put out by the beggars blood. His work was finished.

ZenMon
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Elequi had a strange feeling in his chest, then clenched his hand over his armour and staggered backwards. He mumbled words under his breath, words that would break the spell of who ever put it on him. He couldn't tell if it were good nor bad, either way if it were from an elementalist no matter the intention, it would bring him pain.

Eventually he pulled the spell away from him, when he could finally stand up he leaned his back up against the tree, not even caring to see what the creature had done when he made all of this noise. Regaining his breath he looked around, trying to see who cast a spell on him. Soon enough someone sitting in a tree caught his eyes, uncontrollable rage came over him. He rasped the hilt of his short sword.

Elequi growled a spell under his breath, he wasn't sure how powerful of a sorceror this stranger was. Without bothering to question the stranger, he immediatly took him as a threat, nearing the tree he had finished his spell.

"The stranger who sits apun a tree, his skin will feel the burning or the underworld, the burning feeling of fire," He mumbled so quietly that not even a cat could hear, next he jumped up and grabbed a low branch on the tree, and climbed up it, trying to get in range to attack the stranger.

"Must you cast a spell on anyone minding thier own business?" He growled.
Last edited by Blade on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Owl on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Rudoe turned and trotted at a quick pace, he paused and looked back to be sure that Luna was following. It didn't take long to find Hyzenthlay. Naked, pale, and and drenched in blood she swaggered half alive through the woods "Rudoe..". Now that she was back to human, and all her adrenalin run out, the pain in her neck and shoulder became so imense it numbed her senses. Not only was she loosing alot of blood from her knife wound but the club had crushed her right shoulder. As soon as Rudoe saw Hyzenthlay he ran to her.
She smiled and stroked his neck, then said with a weak voice "My dear friend, I've found you." before collapsing to the ground.
Rudoe laid down next to her and waited patiently for Luna. He wasn't sure if she could help Hyzenthlay at this point; she was bleeding to death and in shock, but still, he always held hope.
There was the ever present danger attracting enemies with the smell of blood, they had to find a safe place soon.
Rudoe kept reapeating in his head "Please young human, save Hyzenthlay, I beg of you."

Hyzenthlay felt herself fading, but she was so at peace it did not bother her any. She slipped into a dream, more of a memory. It was warm and sunny and she was a small child walking beside a gold colored grizzly and her master Fither. He was lecturing her about the business of trees.
"Now you Hyzenthlay not all trees are to be trusted, at times they can be used as spies. They also have long memories and harbor hatred for hundreds of years, never underestimate....Young Hyzen are you listening to me?"
She was distracted by an object in the grass. "what is this master?"
She held up a shiney golden coin. "That my young child is the source of greed and hatred, it creates those who don't have it to lie and those who do to become blind with power." He took the coin from her small hand and threw it. "Don't fret my dear, I will teach you of all the evil in this world, how to avoid it and how to protect yourself from it." His eyes twinkled as he smiled. "For now you are safe and free my child."
"Oh Fither never leave us." He laughed, "I'm not going anywhere for the moment child." He laughed "I've had enough adventures, I'm getting old and need to retire, I'll stay here with you."
The grizzly bear whined at the old wizard. "I'll never leave you either, Grizzly Grunt."

Owl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:33 pm

Luna had followed the elk was greeted by the sight of a woman lying on the ground bleeding. She looked around terrified before she raced over to the woman and then kneeled beside her. She took a deep breath and then looked her over. She was dying from blood loss, and she looked horrible. "Who...what did this/" Luna asked herself. But she knew that she was not going to get an answer. Instead, she placed her hands together and then closed her eyes, before she layed them on the wounds of the girl.

She felt the earth's life race through, churning and then flowing from her arms down to her finger tips to heal the young woman. She closed her eyes and focused on all of the wounds healing, all of the shcok disappearing. She took a deep breath breathing gently. She felt her energy being drained away, but she could not stop, until she saved this young woman. Once the wounds were healed she searched inside and healed any inner inhuries before she let out a whimper and removed her hands tumbling side ways on to the ground. That was the longest she had ever healed anyone, and she wasn't even sure if she had saved her.

She sat up, removing her cloak and then laying it on top of the woman. She looked over at the elk. "I did the best that I could. her wounds are healed...I just hope that I wasn't to late. i cannot revive the dead..without losing my own life," she looked at the woman, "Please wake up. Your friend came and found me so I could save you...wake up...please," she said, closing her eyes and taking a rest.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Owl on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:16 pm

Master Fither's face, the green grass and sun started to fade away, Hyzenthlay felt herself being pulled from her dream. Her eyes fluttered open and her blurred vision focused. She saw Rudoe looking over her. turning her head to the side she saw a woman with silver hair lying beside her. Hyzenthlay sat up quickly and felt her neck and shoulder, they were healed completly, she looked at her hands to see that her color had come back. She also noticed a cloak laid on her. "Rudoe...did a human save me?" He nodded, his heart overjoyed to see that she had survived. "Thank you Rudoe for finding help, I'll have to thank her too when she wakes."

She lifted Luna onto the elk. "You be gentle now Rudoe, don't let her fall off." They walked towards the smell of water where Hyzenthlay cleansed herself of the blood. Rudoe found a dry grassy patch under a willow tree. Hyzenthlay laid Luna down on the soft grass. "Stay here with her Rudoe, I'll be back."

Rudoe laid down next to Luna and grazed on the grass quite content after the night's events.
She returned shortly after with a rabbit in one hand and kindling on the other. The elk looked at the rabbit with disgust.
"You're not the one that's going to eat it, so don't complain." Said Hyzenthlay sternly.

Before long they had a small fire and a rabbit roasting on a spit. As she sat starring into the flames, she couldn't help but feel lucky. Without the help of the human she would have surely died. How shall I ever repay you human? Hyzenthlay thought to herself.

Transforming had taken away more energy than she thought, her head nodded as she drifted off into sleep. The girls safe to sleep now with Rudoe keeping watch.

Owl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akieko94 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:29 pm

Luna's eyes flickered open and she was greeted by the elk. She sat up, wiping sleep from her eyes and realized that they had been moved from their original spot. Her eyes rested on a small pond before he rose to her feet and got a drink, splashing her face with water. She looked at herself in the water, fixing the white bang that fell in front of her eye. She thne looked over at at the girl and saw that she had made a fire and was roasting rabbit.

As Luna looked at she did feel rather hungry all though she wasn't one to eat rabbit. She would much rather settle for an apple or something along those lines. She rose to her feet and then walked back over to the elk.
"So I see that she is better. I will have to get going soon, buut I want to tell her to be safe and be careful and I know that she wants to thank me. And you are something," she said looking at Rudoe a smile coming to her face. She leaned against the tree watching the fire and then she began to hum to herself and watched as flowers began to rise from the ground. She was an earth elementist, even though she didn't really use it much. But she could control. The flowers surrounded her in a circle and then stretched around Rudoe. She grinned. The forest was still living.

Akieko94
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Owl on Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:05 pm

Rudoe sniffed a flower then munched on it. In a way his eyes could show that he was smiling. He felt very comfortable around her, and even more so because she was so in touch with nature (being an elementalist) and he felt lucky to be within her company. Perhaps his trust in humans would rekindle after this expirience.

He didn't know if she could speak elk like Hyzenthlay could but he decided to talk to her regardless. Language to animals is entirely different than humans. They do not depend entirely on verbal messages, they use visual cues, instincts, and intuition to communicate with one another.
He told her stories of his herd and where he came from through snorts, head bobs and small noises. Alert and in good spirits his eyes twinkled and his ears flicked, he was more than happy to talk to someone new.
A wondering fox, compelled by the smell of cooking rabbit, lingered out of site from the group, While an owl roosting in a tree nearby kept watch for any unsuspecting prey. The forest seemed to come more alive and welcoming compared to when they first entered.

Rudoe felt the night hours running short and told Luna to try and rest for the night. When they were rested they could plan their next move and how Hyzenthlay would repay back Luna.

Owl
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!