Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Kalnar Dun Unleashed

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Kalnar Dun Unleashed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm

((Alright. Now lets allow Raven to lend a hand.^^))

Raven watched Benjamin go off into the back of the caravan to begin preparations for a defense. He began thinking of countermeasures and strategies that would help a moving caravan against hundreds of goblin raiders. Somehow he doubted the guards and soldiers would follow any ideas he gave them. Nodding to himself as if to confirm a plan of action he jumped off the back of the cart and thrust his wings downward.

After he gained some altitude the ancient focused his gaze on the horizon behind the caravan. The small outlines of goblin soldiers could be seen as if emerging from the edge of the world, rushing along the trail to head off the caravan. I'll have to move quick if I'm going to help them. he told himself.

The ancient swooped down from the sky and landed on top of the caravan in the middle of the group. He glanced around and nodded approvingly. Raven jumped down into the cart with Benjamin and the nervous villagers. "Does anyone have a gem? Maybe a marble? It doesn't need to be much, but it has to shine." he questioned them hastily. Time was moving fast and time wasn't something they had a lot of.

One of the villagers stirred and held out a shiny gold colored rock. "W-will this work mister?" a small boy wrapped in a dust colored tunic asked hesitantly. The ancient smiled down at the boy and nodded. "Fool's gold, that will do boy, that'll do." Raven picked the shining rock from the boys hand and returned to the top of the cart. Drawing his sword, he sat down cross-legged in the middle of the cart and sat it across his thighs. In the center of the blade he sat the fool's gold, its shine reflecting the light of the sun. Now to begin, he thought stead-fastly.

The ancient began to chant, the words and rhythm flowing swiftly and beautifully from his tongue one after another. A steady rise and falling of pitch accentuated his chanting and he seemed to almost sing the words that flowed from his mouth. As he chanted his sword, Ragnarok, began to glow with a soft silver light that spread along the length of the blade.

Then his incantation began again in a tone that sounded almost like a proclamation. As he went on his words became audible to those below him and then became clear. "Dawn of civilization, the folly of man, angels descend, dawning light. Cast to the sky, fallen to the ground, fifty-five spades thrust to the earth. Never-ending is the horrid suffering, abated pride, sixty trees, azure wind. The wisdom of men breaks the chains of entropy, spreading peace to the world. Roses bloom, bright spring, around the world comes the proverbial wave. Unrelenting flames burn the forest of time, never shall they return to the eyes of men. If the crying child should descend, only havoc will she wreak. I await the revelation at the zenith of eternity!"
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moblin Killer on Tue May 19, 2009 5:04 pm

(( I'm going to assume Raven is making a focus. I have a theory that Raven will have to use a large amount of magic to make this and it will spill over.))

"Attack the enemy as does a flock of birds. That is what I ask with these solem words." Benjamin felt newly invigorated by the overflow of magic Raven was using to create a new focus. Benjamin's soul was stabilizing from the magic that carried a living frequency on it, and made it easier to cast his spell and think of the words. For this Benjamin was glad, but did not ruin the spell by saying so out loud.
If anyone knows of any good wilderness survival roleplays, I would be exuberated to hear about them or get an invite.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moblin Killer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Owl on Thu May 21, 2009 1:24 pm

((Hey really sorry about this guys but I just got a full time job and I have commissions and projects to do this summer. So rping is out of the question. So you can play my character or kill her rape her whatever. Once again sorry everybody))

Owl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moblin Killer on Mon May 25, 2009 4:04 pm

((Maybe well keep her around in case you feel like posting again. Anyway. . . .))

"With my closing words, I ask you to wait. Until the bag is opened, for I am the bait." Benjamin closed the bag quickly, then tied the string around the end tight. Taking an unneeded breath, Benjamin looked to Raven and the small lump of Fool's Gold on the blade in his lap. The thing shined with unnatural light along with what was reflected from the sun.

Benjamin smiled and listened to the words that Raven spoke. Each seemed to be a proclamation, rather than the request that Benjamin's spells sounded like. Instead, they seemed familiar to Benjamin, who had never before heard the way an Ancient had casted a spell. Then, thinking about the wording, he came up with a theory.

The wording makes it sound like the individual words have control of the way the spell works, Benjamin thought, rather than the entire sentence working together. No wonder, he continued, they are able to control so much energy. The entire sentence has many verbal conduits, rather than the single verbal conduits that are in my sentences. That must be the secret!

Benjamin thought on this a bit more, then decided that was the conclusion to reach as Hayzenthlay reached them, along with Rudoe and Ferrid in turn. Benjamin could feel unease in the Elk's stare, but it softened as Hyzenthlay came nearer and began to walk beside the cart. Ferrid and Rudoe followed suit.

"Benjamin, what is your planning?" Benjamin had almost forgotten where Hyzenthlay had come from when she had been so eloquent before.

"The arrowheads are going to fly around like birds and tear the goblins to shreds. I was hoping you would be able to help in the defense, but I don't know how yet." Hyzenthlay looked uneasy, and then spoke up.

"I can change into animals. A bear, a deer, and an owl. Same as my bracelet. And thank you for the thread." Benjamin thought he saw a blush, but felt it was his imagination because Hyzenthlay looked so serious.

"That would work. The owl could help us scout, the deer help for speed and the bear for attacking. How fast can you change?" Hyzenthlay looked down, and Benjamin had the feeling that she wouldn't be of real help in the coming battle. Sighing, Benjamin placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You just need more practice. Do what you can if you can. No more." Hyzenthlay looked up with a smile, then nodded, running to the beggining of the caravan line with Ferrid and Rudoe following suit. Benjamin watched as they left, and then looked back to Raven.

"So, what are you planning?"

Moblin Killer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Mon May 25, 2009 7:20 pm

As Raven's spell came to its climax the glowing energy along his blade fed into the fool's gold. It began to pulse brightly and his concentration sharpened. In his fixed state he barely heard Benjamin's question. The rock began to shine with a luminescent gold light that illuminated the cart he sat on.

Still his concentration narrowed, knowing that there would be consequences if his spell faltered now. Raven hands began to move in grand arcane gestures, each thrust of his hand accentuated with flowing power waiting to be released. He took a deep breath and his chanting began anew, changing his focus.

"Yonder, brown avarice covet control of the 36 directions. 72 pairs of illusions, 13 pairs of hunting horns, the right hand of a monkey grasps the star. Embraced by the sun of 25 rings, the cradle of the sand gives forth blood. Fate of the three sparrows, bond of the four dragons, obstructing the five directions, return to the six villages. Heavenly wind, orangutan, spoon, cane of elm, a thousand ashes, a thousand wisdoms, the measure of white clouds, tread not on the scarlet light that embraces the moon. Net of black and white, 22 bridges, 66 peerless domains, footprints, distant thunder, crest of the mountains, volatile earth, enshroud by night, sea of clouds, blue formations, rise into the towering circle and charge across the heavens!"

Suddenly the fool's gold pulsed brightly and illuminated the whole caravan with a brilliant light. The cloud's above parted and the gems light focused into a beam that shot into the heavens. The rock began to change shape. The rough edge folded over each other, filling in valleys and gaps between the ridges. Its surface became smooth and took on a spherical shape. Then the light pulsed again and the rest of the luminescence in the now spherical gem shot into the air where it gathered and shot across the globe releasing the rest of the magic where it would do no harm.

Raven sighed heavily and lifted the gold gem in his left hand. He gave a satisfied smile at his work. The ancient then rose to his feet and sheathed his blade. He looked down where Benjamin waited for an answer to his question. Raven chuckled and replied, "I'm going to kill some goblins. That's my plan for now. If I need a new one later I'll figure it out then." Then the ancient leaped off the top of the cart and landed next to Benjamin. "So, shall we get started?" he asked.
Last edited by Vain on Wed May 27, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moblin Killer on Tue May 26, 2009 7:24 pm

"Right." Benjamin grasped the bag in his hand tightly, and then looked back at the people in the cart. He nodded, then looked back torwards the direction of the village. Frowning, Benjamin looked down at the bag of arrowheads again.

"Should you find a satchel of mine, show me through the sight of thine." At this, Benjamin felt doubly secured in that he would be able to find the satchel should one of the attacking goblins have it. A slight smile crossed Benjamin's lips, but then receded as he looked to Raven in the cart.

"We should wait for them to come to us. This is needless to say, but attacking at thin air would be a wasted effort." At this, Benjamin rubbed the back of his neck and thought on his predicament, then laughed. Merely yesterday he had been looking for inspriation in a quiet forest when an Elve came by beneath the branch Benjamin was sitting in. Then he met Luna and Hyzenthlay, the former of which bloodied his face. Then he met an Ancient and when trying to defend him, was knocked out and taken prisoner. Now he was trying to defend his incarcirators. What a wacky world I live in, Benjamin thought.

Moblin Killer
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!