Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Plates x Magic

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Plates x Magic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Tue May 19, 2009 11:12 pm

OOC: plates-magic-t22176.html

Plates x Magic

Tamai High School. From the outside, Tamai High School looks like a normal, elite, private high school. In fact, most people from the outside think that the students are being spoiled rotten. There are rooms for students; students don't have to go home everyday. Although there are only 3 types of students (Freshmen, Sophomores, and Seniors), colleges and universities still count it as four years of high school education; that is why many try to enter. It's located in California, despite its Japanese-like name.

However, there's an important difference: magic. Students learn and use magic in the school in addition to their normal, scholastic studies. Magic can only be used in magical zones around the world. Theses zones have strong magical fields, which allows "magical phenomena". Holy lands and spiritual mountains from early eras are usually magical zones. Magic is simply a technique to control the "magical phenomenon" that occurs in these special zones. However, magic puts a strain on a person's mind; excessive use can lead to a premature death.

Why bother studying magic then? A wish. At graduation, each student is given a wish in proportion to the magic level (like Silver or Gold)they've gained.

This takes place in the early 21st century.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is October 1st, 2009, 12:30 PM and school is in session. It’s been a month since Tamai Private High School’s (Tamai High for short) entrance examination took place. It’s mandatory for those who wish to enter. A man slowly walks up the slope where Tamai High is located. His name is Sam Park; however, he has already failed the examination. He mumbles to himself,

“I must have looked like a fool. If only that girl wasn’t thereâ€ĻShitâ€Ļ That must have been the keyâ€Ļ I know for sure that I aced the written examâ€Ļ ARGH! It’s that girl’s fault! I don’t remember anything after thatâ€Ļ” Sam says as he approaches the fence that surrounds the school.

An explanation. Tamai High’s entrance examination contains an interview. The question that the interviewer asked Sam was, “If you could use magic, what would you do with it?” To which Tom responded, “C-c-conquer the world.” At that moment, a girl (also applying for Tamai) burst out laughing.

“Oh myâ€Ļ Conqueringâ€Ļ Just like a little kidâ€Ļ Hahahahaâ€Ļ I can’t breatheâ€Ļ
Sam turned to the girl and angrily said, “Y-you, are you making fun of me!?”
“!!!... Iâ€Ļ I’m sorry.”
”You think you can get away with this just by apologizing!?”
“No, that’s not what I meantâ€Ļ It justâ€Ļ Really hit the spotâ€Ļ Oh myâ€Ļ Of course you’d get angry.”

She came close to him and held his hands; Sam looked a bit surprised when she did this. She looked at him straight in the eyes and said,

“I’ve done something terribly wrongâ€Ļ I’m really sorry.”

At that moment, Sam’s brain went blank. He doesn’t remember anything about what he answered on the interview afterwards.

“Since then, that woman has never left my mind. So to release this stress, I need to see that woman again and tell her real good. I loveâ€Ļ NO! I’ve gotta tell her to give me back my passing grade!” Sam says as he starts to climb over the fence.

“Hey you. What are you doing there?” A man asks Sam from the other side of the fence.

From the looks of his outfit, he seems to be a teacher. Everything seems normal except for one thing: he is floating in mid-air.

Sam is momentarily stunned. The teacher asks him another question.

“I don’t remember seeing your faceâ€Ļ You must be a freshman. Are you leaving early?”

Sam hesitates for a moment, and then responds.

“Ah! Yes. I am. Now please excuse me.” As Sam prepares to run away, the teacher asks him yet another question.
“Did you properly notify your homeroom teacher?”
“Y-yesâ€Ļ”

The teacher grabs Tom by his collar.

“Then why are you exiting this way! Suspicious; come with me!”

The teacher attempts to pull Sam into the school, but Sam is repelled by some invisible force. The teacher, still holding Sam by the collar, pulls out a plate from his pocket. The plate looks as if it was made out of gold and has a capital “G” on it. The teacher shows it to Sam.

“Hey, what happened to your magic plate? Even if you’re a freshman, you should know very well that you can’t go through the barrier around the school perimeter without thisâ€Ļ I know. I bet you threw it away just now so that you can’t be taken back in. Even more suspicious.”
“Wai-what are you talking about!?”
“Don’t make a fool out of a magic teacher!”

The gold plate melts into his hand. With that same hand, he grabs Sam’s open palm and swiftly pulls him into the school. They both fall onto the ground.

“Owâ€Ļ What are youâ€Ļ AHH!”

Sam notices that their hands are fused together.

“Once we’ve united our bodies, I can force you to come insideâ€Ļ Magic Out.”

The plate comes out of their fused hands (the hands are then separated) and comes back to the teacher’s now-unfused hand.

“WAH!!!” Sam says as starts running.
“Still trying to run away? No point!” the teacher exclaims while putting some nuts and bolts (from his pocket) on his plate and sending it straight towards Sam. The plate hits Sam square in the neck. Momentarily stunned, the teacher catches up and slaps Sam on the face. This makes Sam’s head fly off of his body and land on the ground. Sam sees his headless body and screams,

“WAHHHHH! What is this! What is this!”
“It’s synthetic magic. ‘You’ and the ‘bolts’ were synthesized. It’s nothing special; you’ll learn this magic by sophomore yearâ€Ļ” the teacher says to Sam’s head. He then turns to Sam’s body.

“Hmm? Now that I look at you carefully, your clothes are different from Tamai’s uniformâ€Ļ Well, not like you’re required to wear a uniform, but stillâ€Ļ Are you really a student of Tamaiâ€Ļ?”

He turns to Sam’s head once again. Thenâ€Ļ BAM! The teacher is hit square in the back of the head by Sam’s body. He crumples to the ground. Sam’s body picks up his head and screws it back on. Body and head are now whole. Sam then proceeds to run away.

“AHHHHH! What’s going on here?! I have to escape!”

Sam runs pretty deep into the school; he sees students all around him. Unfortunately for him, an announcement from the loudspeakers of Tamai starts to say,

“This is Thomas, the chairman of magic. Currently, there is an intruder on campus. Please notify me immediately or hold him down if you find him. Students who cooperate in this will receive extra magic points. I sent a picture of his face to each of your plates.”

Sam becomes aware of the numerous stares surrounding him. He sees a chance to escape on his left. He runs before anyone can react. The chase begins.
Last edited by Mercurial on Wed May 20, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mercurial
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Plates x Magic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XXXCrimsonXXX on Tue May 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Hearing the announcement from Thomas, Jonathan checked his plate.

"Hmm... I better go find this guy so I can get those points!" he said.

He then proceeded to take his Red Iron plate out of his pocket and put it into one of his feet. As it melted quickly into his foot, he said,

"Hover."

He levitated slightly off of the ground. If he glided around campus, he was sure to find him more quickly than if he ran. Jonathan took off looking for this "Intruder" and then he found him (or bumped into him rather). They both fell. "Hey! Watch where you're going!... Wait, you're that intruder guy!" Jonathan said as he slowly stood up.
Last edited by XXXCrimsonXXX on Wed May 20, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XXXCrimsonXXX
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Wed May 20, 2009 6:54 am

[OOC Post has been moved]
Last edited by flickery on Fri May 22, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lily Evans on Wed May 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Lily had been heading to her next class when her red iron plate showed a picture of a boy. She heard the announcement overhead.

This is Thomas, the chairman of magic. Currently, there is an intruder on campus. Please notify me immediately or hold him down if you find him. Students who cooperate in this will receive extra magic points. I sent a picture of his face to each of your plates.

Extra magic points! That would be great! She might even be able to move up to the next plate, to the Iron Level. And then she spotted two boys, who looked as though they had ran into each other. . . and one looked like the boy's face on her plate! She heard the boy say that he was the intruder. "Hey, are you guys okay?" she asked, walking over to them, her fiery red hair falling down her back in a love-knot. She smiled at the two, not wanting to alarm the supposed intruder. Her green eyes were bright.
Lily Dawn Evans:
My Character Profiles: WIP
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/work-pro ... 23818.html

Lily Evans
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Wed May 20, 2009 8:05 pm

"Oww... Shit..." Sam said as he rubbed his head. In his haste to escape, he accidentally ran into a boy. The good news is that he managed to escape from a bunch of students before they could do anything; he only bumped into a boy. Sam could stun him temporarily with a punch, like he did to the teacher. However, there is bad news. The bad news is that another student, this time a girl, was already near Sam by the time he stood up. More bad news: the students that he escaped from last time are now catching up to him. One of them yells, "There he is!"

Shit... I'm screwed... Sam thinks as the students approach closer.

Then, the Gold plate and some bolts pop out. They pop out from the back of Sam's neck, the same spot where the teacher threw the plate (with the bolts). The plate and bolts land on the floor in front of Sam. When the students see this, they are surprised. They yell simultaneously,

"!!! Gold plate!?"

One of them asks another student, "Didn't the chairman of magic say that he was an intruder?"
Another whispers, "Gold plate... Does that mean he can use teacher-class magic?"

!!? They all get scared when they see this...? N-now's my chance!

During this moment of hesitation, Sam picks up the Gold plate, makes like a tree, and leaves.
Last edited by Mercurial on Thu May 21, 2009 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mercurial
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Wed May 20, 2009 10:17 pm

"Everything was going fine until you froze his hand."
"Well, his palms were sweating, I could hear the nervousness in his voice, and I knew he was too timid to try anything later. I needed to do something."
"Yeah, yeah. At this rate you'll never find anyone able to deal with that icy temperament of yours."
"And maybe that's a good thing. But I'll be seeing you around, Rachel."

The two girls went their separate ways. Though skipping class was nearly impossible, Veronica had excelled at hall lurking. As usual the bustle of the halls had become an amusing myriad of people. All different, yet all the same. Turning a corner, hazy blue eyes took notice of a mob chasing a boy down the hall. "And what do we have here?" she asked to no one as the boy collided with another. Veronica leaned up against the wall and decided to watch the event unfold, mild interest in who the boy was. It was her first year, but Veronica had taken mental pictures of all the faces she had come across. "Newcomers bringing drama already?" she asked the air once more.

She wanted to confront him, but it seemed everyone else had already taken a liking; be it a very negative one.
“This is Thomas, the chairman of magic. Currently, there is an intruder on campus. Please notify me immediately or hold him down if you find him. Students who cooperate in this will receive extra magic points. I sent a picture of his face to each of your plates.”

"Really now?" Veronica mused with her interest piqued. An ice blue hair pin that held up her hair into a ponytail was removed, letting the white locks fall lifelessly down her back. Holding the pin in the palm of her hand, she closed her eyes momentarily. The pin would glow before its icy appearance would literally melt, revealing the plate within it. After a quick comparison, it was apparent that this boy wasn't only new but an intruder as well. After confirming the identification Veronica refroze the pin and melded it onto her necklace as a charm.

Before she could approach the two boys, another girl had unfortunately appeared in between them. "Not only the mob, but now this girl. Magic points are to kill for..." Veronica grumbled as she shifted her weight onto one leg, standing behind the girl but still eying the boys. That was when the golden plate had fell to the floor. Though the shock of the others meant possible trouble, Veronica simply viewed this as a chance to advance further. "Oh how I yearn to simply freeze them all and drag my prize to the principal." Veronica's mind quickly began to run through multiple ways to nab this prize.

Traziel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Thu May 21, 2009 9:28 am

Damnit... I'm being chased by everyone; I haven't even found that girl yet...! Sam thought as he was running away, still holding the Gold plate in his left hand.

"!!! Speak of the devil..."

He saw a girl ahead of him. Not just any girl; it was that girl from the interview. He stopped running and stammered between breaths )he was running for a while, after all),

"I-I've been looking for you. I've got something... Something... To tell you..."

Her eyes widen in surprise.

"You're really the one from that time..."
"I'm... Sam Park!"

Shit... I've got a lot of complaints, but I can't seem to say any of them...

He then hears rapidly approaching footsteps behind him; he knows that he has to go.

"Sorry, I have to go right now...!"

He doesn't wait to hear an answer; he leaves quickly, running past her.

Sam then sees two male students in front of him.

"Hey, look..."
"OHHHH---!"
"Fgeee... Ugh.. Uwaa!"

The "Hey, look..." came from one of the two students. The second line, from Sam. And finally, the third line describes the sounds that the students made as they were pummeled by Sam's fists.

After Sam beat them up sufficiently, he noticed that there were less students ahead of him; it was lunch time, after all. Mostly everyone hangs out in the quad area, not the hallways. However, he knew that the students that he outran were catching up. He had to hide. As such, he tried to open some classroom doors; most of them were locked, but...

"Lucky! It's not locked here!"

Sam goes into the classroom; it seems to be a home economics classroom, due to its setup. He then proceeds to close the door behind him and catch a deep breath.He closes his eyes.

"Huff... Huff... I'll die if this continues..."
"This is my plate. I'll take it back." a voice says as the Gold plate is yanked from Sam's left hand.

Sam opens his eyes in surprise and turns around. He knew this voice. After all, it was the voice of the teacher that Sam punched earlier. It was Mr. Thomas Yoon, the chairman of magic. Sam jumps back and yells,

"Waah!!"

Thomas calmly picks up a nearby frying pan and inserts his plate in it. The pan enlarges to a ridiculous size.

"You managed to catch me off guard earlier... So I congratulate you for embarrassing me. Though... Putting aside my pride, I can't let someone who came and found out about this magic school leave untouched. I have to erase everything that's related to this school from your memory. Running will be useless. Students will tell me your location because they want points. I'm sure you already know, but you can learn how to use magic here in Tamai High. That's because the school is built on a special place, and anyone can use magic within the premise."

Thomas swings the huge frying pan and it barely nicks Sam; the pan seems to eat up whatever it touches. A piece of a desk disappears when touched by the pan.

"Erasing memory is nothing special. You'll just find yourself outside of the school when you wake up. There's no use getting more scared than you already are."

Sam continues to back away from the teacher.

He's gonna... Erase my memory!? Is such a thing possible here?... !!!

Sam suddenly thinks of that girl.

"W-wait a minute! You can't do that!" Sam says as he stops moving.
"Huh?"
"I don't give a crap about this school, but there's one thing that I can't forget."
"No exceptions. Everything will be erased."
"That's why it's a problem. I don't even know her name yet..." Sam starts to get angry as he resumes to back away.
"I mean, why are you acting so important!? You're the one who dragged me in here to begin with, and now you act like it's all my fault."
"Quit your yapping!" Visibly irritated, Thomas starts to swing the pan wildly, knocking over and damaging the water and gas systems that are present in the home economics classroom.
"Just obey me while I'm being nice, brat," Thomas says as he gets closer to Sam. "I hate kids who go against me the most."
"Are you snapping back at me now?!" Sam angrily responds; after continuously taking steps back, he is now next to a window.
"Shut up." He jumps towards Sam.
"Ahhh!" Sam says as he runs out the window.

I don't care about others, but I care about her. It doesn't matter if I didn't know anything from the start, but now that I met her...

"I don't want to forget about her!"

Sam spots a soccer ball that is conveniently next to him. He turns around and sees the teacher almost getting out of the window. Sam kicks the soccer ball towards the teacher; it misses, but goes towards the ceiling of the classroom. The ball breaks one of the ceiling lights. There is now an exposed electrical current in the classroom; the classroom is full of gas as well. What happens when a person mixes a room full of gas with an exposed electrical current? An explosion of epic proportions of course. This all happens within seconds. A huge explosion occurs; the sound of it could be heard throughout the campus. Cooking utensils, chairs, the Gold plate, a bunch of other items, and the teacher are thrown into the air by the force of the explosion. The Gold plate lands right in Sam's open, paralyzed palms. Of course, everything was an accident; the explosion was an accident as well. But when students arrive at the scene of the incident, it couldn't be helped if they all thought that this was done by Sam Park. There are several responses that the students display when they arrive at the incident; most of them whisper to each other and are filled with fear.

Mercurial
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kitsunes shadow on Thu May 21, 2009 9:29 am

Ryan jumped as he heard the announcment from the chairman, looking around the classroom to see no one in the room. He had spaced out again and had no idea how long class had been over, his classmates gone as well as the teacher. This had happened multiple times, and soon the teachers had stopped trying to snap him out of it. As he heard the announcement, he looked around for his plate, spotting underneath the desk. He picked it up from the ground turning it around to see the intruder. you should take him down those points will be useful he heard a someones voice in his head, somewhat familiar. It had appeared last year, helping him make desicions. He wanted to get the points, but with the whole school looking for him, there were sure to be people fighting over it. So what if they are after him to, you deserve these points, and besides, it''l bring you closer to your wish the Voice told him enticingly.

He had to search around the room looking for his items. Ever since he had started spacing out, he usually came back to his stuff in diffrent spots, courtesy of his fellow class mates. He headed out as soon as he found.When soon as he opened the door, he heared an explosion go of farther down the hallway, a bright flash accompanying it. Ran down the hallway, joining the throng of students, and pushed his way through to the front, seeing the mess the explosion had made and spotted the chair man and the intruder holding the plate. He was as shocked at the sight of someone so young taking down the chair man. He then realized why he was so shocked, if this student had been able to get a gold plate, he should have had the control to keep the explosion from hurting him. Then again he could have really gotten one, but then why would he have a plate to begin with. Either way he needed to be taken down right now, while he was still stunned. Ryan grabbed his plate, whispering "Adficio", and his hands took on a greenish tint, placing his hand on the intruder, feeling the boys energy begant to transfer to him.
If you do something stupid and it fails, you are pathetic.
If yo do something stupid and it works, you are heroic

kitsunes shadow
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Sat May 23, 2009 11:34 am

Suddenly appearing out of thin air, the principal soundlessly and quickly removed Ryan's hand from Sam. She then placed her hand on Sam's shoulder and teleported him into the center of her office. Sam, still dazed from the explosion, didn't talk nor move a finger in protest. However, he didn't stay dazed for long; he noticed that Mr. Thomas Yoon was in the room as well. Miraculously, he had no major injuries, only cuts and bruises. It seemed that the principal teleported Mr. Yoon to her office first, then Sam. The principal went behind her desk and sat down.

"Mr. Yoon, may you please explain what has transpired in these last few minutes...?"

Mr. Yoon explained the whole incident; Sam stayed silent.

"...What's your name, boy?"
"Sam Park."
"I see... So that's how Mr. Park got into the premise and created the commotion... Sigh... That's a problem..."
Sam then yells,

"Heyyy! Granny! Let me tell you something first; I'm the victim here! I was dragged in by this moron! That explosion too-agh!" Sam stops mid-sentence, due to Mr. Yoon shocking him with electrical magic emitted from his hands.

"You punk! Did you just call the principal a grandma? I'm not a moron either!" Mr. Yoon yells.

"Now, now... Settle down... Sam, I'm sure you're quite surprised. Tamai High has normal classes like a regular high school, of course. but it's also a special school where you can learn to use magic, which is our specialty. You may wonder how that could be possible in this school... There are several 'mystery spots' in this world. They are unusual areas, on which a magical field that creates strong 'magical power' exists. Tamai High is built on one of these special zones. All those spiritual mountains and holy lands from ancient era are usually special magic zones. Magic is simply a technique to control the 'magical phenomena' that occurs in special zones. Creatures such as 'wizards' and 'witches' do not exist, because anyone would be able to use magic with some training in special zones... Did you know that magical talent played a big part in grading your entrance exam? During the interview, we ask everyone about magic. The entrance exam guide has a special answer written for each person, and whoever possesses magical talent will be able to read those sentences."

"Huh!? I've never seen such things!"
"Oh? Did you take our entrance exam? Unfortunately for you, you wouldn't be able to pass it unless you read the magical words."

So that's how it was... That means that I had already failed the exam by the time it happened... So that girl didn't affect my exam result at all...

"Headmistress... I think that's enough. Let's erase his memory and let him go. It seems that he has made up his mind too." Mr. Yoon said.

Sam looked down at the floor in defeat. Shit. It's over now. Anything about that girl, too...

"It is very unfortunate... Mr. Yoon, thank you so much for everything until now. Please do your best with your second life."

Mr. Yoon looks at the principal in surprise.

"...Huh?"
"When someone who is not associated with this school finds out about the existence of magic, whoever caused this problem will be revoked of his or her current status and lose all of his or her memory about this school. That is the strictly enforced rule of this school."
"Please wait a minute. Isn't that a rule for students...?"
"No."
"But I'm the chairman of magic at this school!"
"We'll be severely affected by losing an excellent teacher like you, too. If it were only the two of you who knew about the fact, I could take care of it discreetly, but the entire student body found out about this incident. If even the teacher breaks the rule, how can we discipline the students?"
"That's ridiculous!" Mr. Yoon points a finger at Sam. "Just because he ran around, I get fired here!?"
"Erm..." Sam puts a hand on his chin. "According to your conversation, as long as I'm a student here, everything works out well, doesn't it?"

Both of them look at Sam with blank looks on their faces.

"Haha... To tell you the truth, I didn't really like the high school where I wound up so I just quit... And I came here today because I had too much free time... Just a suggestion..."

The principal and Mr. Yoon look at each other.

This is how Sam Park officially became a student at Tamai High. The incident (including the explosion) was described as a "surprise training". The students (including Sam) now prepare to go to their classes.

Mercurial
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kitsunes shadow on Tue May 26, 2009 7:08 pm

Ryanlooked around, trying to see if a teacher or someone was going to give him the points, but shrugged when nobody came to him, not planning to make a scene about it. He heard the announcment from the Principal telling the school that it had merely been training. hah, they are lieing, I'd bet my next life that wasn't any training, the fools more than likely are trying to cover up one of their screw ups again the Voice said to him, though Ryan was ignoring it right now. He sighed, picking up his bag and moving down the hallways.

He opened the door to his class, Practical Limits and Uses for Magic, or PLUM as it was jokingly refered to as. He quickly made his way to his desk, making sure he had put his plate back in his pocket after the event, before taking out his supplies for this class.

kitsunes shadow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Tue May 26, 2009 7:29 pm

"Let's see... Is it this place?" Sam said as he held a map of the school.

He noticed that there was a sign above the door. It alternated from "Practical Limits and Uses for Magic" to "Class 1-C" every few seconds.

"That must be because of magic... Well, very Japanese-like, huh? I only have to stay in one class for the whole school day? Very different from the school I went to..." Sam then proceeded to push open the door and entered the classroom.

"Ah! You must be Sam Park, correct? Here, come to the front of the class." the teacher said as he saw Sam enter. When Sam did what he was told, the teacher continued,

"Everyone, this is Sam Park. He couldn't come to school until now because of various reasons; he will be in this class starting today. Please be good to him. Sam, there's an open seat next to that boy over there... Sit next to him. Raise your hand, Ryan!"

Mercurial
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kitsunes shadow on Tue May 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Ryan looked up from his desk, having spaced out again, and raised his hand, looking at the teacher before his gaze drifted over tothe new student, seeing that it was the boy who was supposed to be in the training procedure, who he had drained earlier. His eyes widened as he anticipated the akward questions that were sure to come, trying to sink down into his seat. "I'm over here" he said,as though the hand in the air hadn't been enough of a clue.

kitsunes shadow
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Tue May 26, 2009 10:27 pm

There were plenty of stares directed at Sam as he made his way to his seat; after all (technically), he did blow up a classroom. Because of these stares, he couldn't really get a good look at Ryan. However, when he did sit down next to Ryan, he realized that this was the boy who used the odd magic on him.

Ah... I shouldn't try to attract any attention, right...? Should I say hello anyways...?

"Hi." It was a short greeting, but a greeting nonetheless. Sam couldn't really muster the courage to say anything more than that.

"It seems that Veronica, Lily, and Johnathan are not here yet, so let's wait a minute before starting class." the teacher then proceeded to write some things on the whiteboard.

Mercurial
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XXXCrimsonXXX on Tue May 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Johnathan was almost positive he was late for class, so he dropped his plate into his shoe, and said,

"Hover."

He raised off of the ground, and then he flew off towards class, Johnathan opened the door, and said,

"Sorry for being late today's events have caused me quite a bit of confusion."

He looked around the room at his class mates, he noticed that one student who was a part of the training, John sat down taking the first seat available.

XXXCrimsonXXX
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Wed May 27, 2009 12:09 am

The series of events had occurred so quickly that Veronica gave up on trying to keep pace. As the boy darted off around another corner, Veronica simply shrugged off the matter. She was interested in the amount of points that would be rewarded but decided to let the mob have their pickings with h-- Her train of thought was soon interrupted by the sound of a rather loud explosion. Accompanying the sound would have been a couple chips of wall skidding down the hall.

Looking at a nearby clock, it was unfortunately time to head to class. With a grit of her teeth and a burning desire to investigate still welling up inside of her, Veronica forced herself off in the opposite direction. It wasn't long before her pale fingers wrapped around the doorknob, turning, and then pushing the door open slightly to peer inside. Just like any other day, the class was the same and she was fashionably late, but to her surprise there sat the boy who she had seen scampering through the halls just moments ago. Curiosity now piqued, Veronica entered the class, delivering a nod to the teacher before taking her seat at the far left of a middle row.

Veronica's eyes sent back short glances at Sam. She was interested in how him of all people would end up in the same class as her. "Mystery. Not exactly my thing." Veronica mused as she leaned forward onto her desk to get a better look at this suspicious character.

Traziel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mercurial on Sat May 30, 2009 12:28 am

"Well, it seems that everyone except Lily is here; let's just start. Today, we're going to move on to the synthesis of magical medicine and its effects. You don't necessarily use the plates when using magic. You can also use special medicines and get the same results."

The teacher stooped to go under his desk. When he rose, he had a potted plant in his right hand.

"As you may all notice, there are plants on all the lab tables; they're similar to mine. They are called Mandrakes. They're often used as a hallucinogen. Mandrakes grow in special magical areas and they protect themselves from whoever tries to disturb them by showing them hallucinations. You'll need to be careful with them. However, the plates that you have will automatically protect you from this level of magical power, so don't worry. Pair up into groups of four; when you guys are done getting into groups, please pull them out and grind them."

Sam reached into his pocket and pulled out a Gold plate. Unlike most of the other students, he did not immediately proceed to find a group.

Shit. I don't have a magic plate; this is only a fake that the granny gave me... It won't protect me from hallucinations, but I guess I'll try to grind some mandrakes; if I don't, it'll probably look suspicious... Who should I group up with...?

Sam looked around the room, still sitting in his desk.

Mercurial
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!