Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Sunny Brooks Mary Sue Rehabilitation Center

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Sunny Brooks Mary Sue Rehabilitation Center

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:47 am

It was a cruel, horrid fate, and one that Marco was not much inclined to like, but the paperwork had to be done, and as the owner of Sunny Brooks, he was responsible for its doing. Sometimes he wondered just what it was that had inspired him to found the center. It seemed a whole lot more fuss than the various and sundry medical clinics he had owned in the past, perhaps because it was such a personal affair. He leaned back in his chair, wondering if the life of kings and emperors consisted of such trivial affairs. If that was the case, at least he did not seem to have it so bad, right?

Sunny Brooks had been founded almost completely on whim, years and years ago. Marco's own character development had been a little sketchy at the time, but he was hell-bent on fixing these things himself, and sure that he could do so if he had the responsibility of pointing out such traits in others. He gathered a handful of self-reformed Sues and made use of an old family mansion, a building he was sure was more than large enough to house the guests they would be seeing.

In recent years, Sunny Brooks had become much more larger, requiring modifications to both the kitchen and the dining hall. Though there were more than enough bedrooms, Marco had been forced to sacrifice some extra space in order to enlarge several of the bathrooms as well. After all, unrelated people were generally more surly about that sort of thing than most.

It had been a good premise, and Marco enjoyed running the center. However, it also meant loads of paperwork, something he enjoyed much, much less. Surely there would be something along the road that would distract him today, something to keep him busy with something that was not paperwork. His son, Alexander, likely had nothing to do anyway, and surely he would volunteer to do the work, right?

Marco could hope, at least.

Something shifted.

Almost immediately, her eyes had swept across the hallway, ears flicking, taking careful measurement of the life around her. Perhaps one of the patients had returned to their room. That was always a possibility. The Head of Staff, however, would take no chances with more sinister causes. She made an extra round in this hallway, taking her time to sniff out any foreign scents that may have invaded the area. Though it was security's job to keep the center safe, she wondered vaguely how a couple of angels could do much in regard to-well, anything, actually. Z'Yaku did not have much faith in angels.

She did, however, have faith in her nose, and knew that she could probably do a much better job at keeping things in order than their supposed security guards.

Besides, Z'Yaku thought to herself, surveying the hallway one last time, there was always the chance that the noise could be attributed to someone who wasn't in their proper place. It was not even close to time for recreation yet, and most all of the patients should have been downstairs in the reform labs or any of the program's related facilities. There was no cause to be upstairs in their rooms at this hour of the day.

The noise occurred again, this time behind her, and she spun around to face it, pulling open a closet she'd been standing in front of. Empty of living occupants. Perhaps it had simply been a branch, blown about by the wind outside the hall window. Though more often than not the patients saw her exercising such vigilance against an offending closet, none of them seemed to have the heart to tell her the noise had been caused by one of her many tails.

Satisfied that the noise was something outside of her control (for now), Z'Yaku continued making her rounds, sticking her head into a bedroom where she heard shuffling. "Shouldn't you be downstairs right about now?"

He leaned against the desk on the palm of his hands, grinning and conversing with his partner in crime. "So, what's the evil plan for today?" he asked, feeling rather devious. It was, as a general rule, Ami's job to come up with the evil plans; though the young angel was intelligent enough to do so himself, he never seemed to have any truly evil ideas. This perhaps shocked him a little bit, surprised him to be sure (seeing as his mother had been more than evil enough for the both of them), but all in all he was perfectly alright with this fact. As he had told Michael several times before, evil was really a thing much better served by his namesake.

Lucifer Elijah Cambridge had been sent to Sunny Brooks on the suspicion that he was a Sue long before the program had really taken wing. As both an angel and what seemed like the central hub for sunshine and rainbows in the area, there was a chance he was less developed than his beloved author liked to think. She would take no chances, not with her beloved little Lucifer. However, after only two weeks of the program, it was obvious that Lucifer had more than enough bright, cheery disposition and recovered-from angst to keep him running.

The staff quickly discovered that Lucifer was a helpful and cheerful addition to their crew, particularly effective against the angsty Sues because his life might well have sucked at least as much as theirs. There was a lot to do around the fledgling Sunny Brooks, and as time progressed, the short-handed staff began to rely more and more on young Luci to give them a hand with their everyday duties. This soon became a permanent position for him, and before long he found himself with the official title of "Head of Hospitality," a title he prided himself on greatly.

Nowadays, he spent quite a bit of time at the center, as a good little Head of Hospitality ought. Sometimes he liked to mention to his boyfriend, Michael, that he was now working two jobs, thank you very much, and doing so very efficiently. Michael, of course, had no trouble reminding him that he was no longer exactly alive, and what was getting paid for those jobs really doing? He was no fun, though.

So it came to pass that Luci spent his mornings holding up traffic at Sunny Brooks' front desk, trying to figure out just what the plan was for the day.

[[Some OOC information! Marco is in his office, if you want to visit him. Z'Yaku stuck her head into a random room, so feel free to take liberties there and say that it was yours if you'd like. Luci is holding up traffic, so if you're a new applicant to Sunny Brooks, that gives you someone to interact with. If none of this sounds all that fun to you, post what your character is up to and someone will get to them!

The OOC thread can be found here: adventures-mary-sue-elvenhand-and-mad-marty-stu-ooc-open-t25512.html ]]

See a word in my writing that you don't understand? Can't find the definition anywhere? I'm probably sponsoring it. Did you know that much of the communication we use today consists of only about seven thousand words? These poor dears have been removed from the dictionary--but you can help bring them back!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Sunny Brooks Mary Sue Rehabilitation Center

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thediscofairy on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:35 am

Ami looked up from the phone log she was filling out to meet a Lucifer, who, like always, was very excited to begin the day. She scribbled in a date and closed the book, steeping her fingers and putting her feet up on the desk.

"Hm. Well," she began, giving it deep thought, "Raven's been looking a little down lately. I mean, not that she normally doesn't look down, but you know what I mean." She looked at the ceiling. "Then again, there's always Darrius, and he's good for a laugh, or there's Jack." She didn't sound so enthusiastic about the last one; she had bad luck with people named Jack. They were always so...intense. "I don't know, Luci, what do you think?"

Juggling two jobs always left Ami a little scatterbrained and it also left the reception desk a little haphazard. She enjoyed tromping off to frighten the emos much more than answering the phone.

Though she was fantastically good at the latter, if she did say so herself.

"You just ate a bug!" The accusation was acerbic and cutting, and when Aerin turned to examine her accuser the kitchen maid started to look a little pale. Aerin swallowed.

"No, no, I didn't," she denied, keeping her voice level and even. She gave the girl a blank look, watching her fidget with the ends of her apron. Satisfied that her work here was done, Aerin turned around and went back to chopping carrots with a level of ferocity that was a little unnerving.

She kept an eye out for other insects, though.

"So, any escape attempts today, do you think?" Michael stretched, yawning and reached for a donut. He wasn't a morning person. "Some of 'em are getting shifty. I think I saw Princess Eleanor Galadriel Silvermoonbeameyes getting an extra pair of sheets last night." Of course, no such person existed, but he enjoyed mocking the names of the patients.

He glanced at one of the TVs' live feeds, watching Lucifer be bubbly and gay all over everything for a moment.

"I don't know about you, Kael, but I'm really bored."

That had been a close call. What was normally caused by one of the ever-moving tails of the head of staff had actually been Jonathan nearly tripping on one of the stupid oriental carpets lining one of the halls upstairs. Stupid Marco and his stupid taste in everything.

Satisfied that Z'yaku was distracted by another patient, Jonathan snuck into Marco's office, plopping down into one of the plush chairs across from his desk.

"Dude, so, I know that it's like...your favorite thing to do besides being Bloody Italian and making weird furniture, but I freaking hate cooking class. The head cook freaks me out. Who has eyes like that? Really?" Well, he could think of at least one or two ladies that he and Marco were associated with that came close, though in one case even outshining the cook in creepiness.

Anyway, the important thing was that he didn't like her.
Last edited by thediscofairy on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I was distracted by the man in pajamas!

Icon by iconziconz

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thediscofairy
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sdlangel on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:01 am

Humming to herself, Olivia walked completely involved in her thoughts. Today she was in quite a good mood. Since coming to Sunny Brooks, she hadn't seen her cousins, and had simply refused to even contact them. Now she was feeling that the lack of contact was beginning to pay off quite well, as she could relax a little without having someone invade her thoughts with images. Which was pretty hypocritical, if you thought about it, considering what she had spent half her time here doing.

I'm not that bad though she thought to herself, before shaking her head who am I kidding, it's an addiction that I can't seem to get rid of, but I am Royalty, and my cousins should know better than to do that to Royalty thrusting the thoughts from her mind, as it was ruining her very happy mood. Olivia instead concentrated on the strawberry and cream lolly pop that was currently inside her mouth. Her humming got a little louder and she took it out with a pop before pausing in the doorway of Marco's office. Licking it she popped it back in her mouth her eyes distant as she thought of the happy couple she had produced, and then drifted off to who she could match up next.

sdlangel
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:29 am

OOC: Will edit colors in when I return!

Lucifer chuckled nervously, running through the other options in his mind. "Not Jack," he said decidedly, likely thinking of the same Jack that Ami was. "If he's anything like our Jack, he'll probably just want to beat me up, and then I'll have to remove his spleen and then Marco probably won't be happy." If he was anything like their Jack, however, Sunny Brooks was likely not the rehabilitation center he needed to be at most.

He shuddered to think.

"Uhm, what were my other choices? There's Raven, she's the fallen angel lady? I bet I could really cheer her up under false pretenses, hm? I think I could, anyway." Luci talked a lot. As a matter of fact, it was thought that he could out-talk any talkative female that he met, including the ones that had slipped past the normal realm of speech-inhibition. That was probably why he and Ami got on so well; they could keep up with one another. "And Darrius is the vampire prince, right? Hm...Which do you think?"

"Just because I enjoy cooking," Marco grinned, setting down his paperwork, "does not mean that I will take horrible offense if you do not like the woman we hired to teach you to do so. I suppose Ms. Hatfield can be a bit overwhelming." Overwhelming was being a little kind, but Marco was used to so much worse when it came to women. There was always Emily, a thought he could tell had passed through Jonathan's mind as well. "Perhaps she will grow on you in the future, like our dear Emily has grown on us all?"

Anyone listening might have taken this as a compliment to Ms. Hatfield, and as an optimistic outlook from Mr. Vivace. However, anyone listening would not have been familiar with the Emily to whom he was referring. Thankfully, she had not scheduled any visits for any time in the near future, and he had been living Emily-free for several months. "Tell me, Jonathan, why must you interrupt me when my day is already at its busiest?" he asked jokingly, gesturing vaguely around to the rest of the house. "Unfortunately, I cannot use your hollow kingdom as a refuge for myself."

"Princess Galadrie-" Kael snorted, pausing in his long-overdue grooming to give Michael a snip of his undivided attention. "Someone's not the least bit prejudiced, is he?" A couple of dark brown feathers fell to the floor, adding to the small pile that was beginning to grow. "Gah, these things are much more difficult to manage down here."

Perhaps, Kael thought to himself, because not everything poofed into perfection in the real world. Oh, how had he ever lived here?

"We could always go on a walk," he offered finally. "You know, secure the perimeter. Again. Or we could play Parcheesi. Patrol the halls and get on Z'Yaku's nerves. Whatever you'd like."

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:12 am

"But I don't wnat to!" Darrius exclaimed, his voice exasperated and strained "Jsut because you thnk that I should dosen't mean that I have to!" he continued, glaring at the nurse who was trying to shove him into the room he had dreaded for a very, very long time. The hair control room. It was in this dreadful chamber that Sues and Stus with permanent and un-messable hairstyles went to have their hair... messed. "It is for your own benefit, you'll have to do it eventually!" the nurse protested, but Darrius hissed "Unhnad me fiend!" he yelled, his speech impediment messing up his words as if he were speaking from a keyboard and the writer had decidedly porky fingers.

Despite his best efforts, the nurse was a large woman, and he wasn't about to blast her with darkness, because that would just be harsh, and get him in trouble with just about everyone, so he was eventually forced into the room and placed in a chair "What happns now?" he asked, glancing around worriedly. The nurse smiled "Don't worry dear, it shouldn't hurt." she said

"Shouldn't? What do you mean shou...." he began, but cut off as a large bowl went over his head, and suddenly his hair was under attack by what felt like a horde of charging bison...

Several hours, he staggered out of the room, his hair draping in a tangled mass down over his face... "That was... unpelsant..." he muttered as he walked unsteadily down the corridor.

Lyra stood in the courtyard, pacing backwards and forwards in front of the collection of 'Feathermoons' and 'Foresthearts' that were assembled before her. "Now, repeat after me - I fucking hate you, you piece of crap. If I had my way you would have been hung, drawn and quartered a thousand times over, your body thrown into a ditch and your grave unmarked, if I ever lay eyes on you again rest assured that you won't live past 'hello'." she said sternly. It was one of her jobs to educate the overly goody and pretty princess girls (and some of the boys) in the art of being mean. You had to be mean at some points in your life, and these people found it nigh on impossible, as demonstrated by the amount of people saying 'I don't like you quite as much as I might' rather than hate, and completely ignoring the swearing. "No, no, no!" Lyra scolded, to the abashment of the assembled sues.

She noticed that near the back, a blonde girl in a pretty blue dress was engaged in a delightfully animated conversation with a bluebird on her finger, and after a moment she walked over casually. "Hello there Alice, who's your friend?" she asked. Nervous, the girl answered "J...just a little bird, Miss Ashwood." she stammered, and Lyra shook her head "What was the first lesson I taught you Alice? Stop talking to animals, until you can tell them to piss off." she said, before promptly picking up the bluebird and throwing it at a nearby tree. The little bird barely managed to swerve aside in time to avoid the tree, and flew away, tweeting obscenities at Lyra that made the Sues' ears turn red. "Now, shall we continue?" Lyra said, walking back to the front of the class.
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thediscofairy on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:16 am

"Eleanor Galadriel," Michael corrected, standing up and stretching. "You missed one." With his donut-free hand he brushed one of the offending feathers off. "And I like the bugging Z'yaku idea. She gets worked up too easily." Being Security was pretty boring, for the most part. Not a lot seemed to happen. Michael was going to ask Kael if he though Luci would want a donut but had a better idea. There was a reason he had a walkie-talkie.

"Lucifer, do you want a donut?" he asked the little black box.

"I don't know, Lucifer, I'm up for vampire princes or fallen angels, whichever. Why don't you pick?" She was determined to make him decide this morning. Ami tapped her pencil against her knee. She hadn't had breakfast and fluorescent lights gave her a headache. Orange juice and a bagel would be in order, she decided. Somewhere in her dreams of breakfast, though, her brain finished processing what Lucifer said.

"Wait, what kind of false pretenses?"

Jonathan made a face. "I'd hate for her to grow on me if it's anything like the way that Emily grew on you," he said, torn between grinning and continuing his face of disgust. The grin won out in the end. He wiggled around in his chair, slinging his legs over one of the arms. He'd always liked Marco's office- it was much more relaxed and welcoming than the rest of the facility.

"You don't mind if I chill in here, Marco, do you?"

Now that lunch was on its merry way, Aerin pulled herself on to the counter. It was something she forbade everyone else to do, but hey, she was the head cook. Cupcakes. She was thinking cupcakes. Cupcakes would definitely be fun, especially if she could locate candy eyeballs. She knew that they made them, and she had made a point to buy some at Halloween. Now, if she could only find them, then her evil cupcakes would be complete!

thediscofairy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sdlangel on Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:51 am

"Ow!!" Olivia suddenly said as she had begun walking again, only to walk slightly off course and into the wall just beside the doorway. Rubbing her head and snapping to attention, she peered around the doorway, sticking the lolly back in her mouth. How did I end up here? she thought, before hearing what Jonathon had said.

"Who is Emily?" She asked, walking fully into the room with the lolly just by her lips. Despite the curious and innocent look on her face, the question was in fact more of an order in her mind. They would tell her who the girl was, and then she'd figure out if she was a danger or not.

sdlangel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Marco had only just managed to wave off Jonathan's question with an affirmative grunt when Olivia's question brought his attention out of the rest of the house. "Ah, you would like to know about Emily?" he asked rhetorically, under the assumption that she had been listening to the previous conversation. Not, of course, that he could have blamed her, as Marco rarely closed his office door.

"Emily is—" he said thoughtfully, trying to put it into words that both made sense and conveyed his proper meaning. "I suppose one might say she is a friend of mine. I have known her sister since the two of them were children, and I owe her rather a lot for her companionship. That said, Emily and I are not always on the best of terms. She seems to see our friendship a little differently than I had originally intended." He scratched the back of his head uncomfortably. "She is also possibly the scariest woman, dead or undead, that I have ever met."

"Ooh, donuts." The blonde-haired angel grinned at his walky talky, pressing the button with childlike glee. "Yes please!" Then he put it right back where it belonged, like a good boy.

"About those false pretenses!" Luci began, preparing his long and exquisite rant about religion and other related things that tied together nicely. "Well, my name is Lucifer. That means I'm pretty much the king of the fallen angels, doesn't it? Or the prince of them. One of those, I'm important, it must be because I'm so cute. So logically because of 'who I am', I'd get along great with someone like Raven. Cheer her right up, you know, bolster her faith in eternal damnation or something. I could at least pretend I felt her pain." He nodded solemnly. "Goodness knows Mother lectured me on how much it sucks to be one of the Fallen all the time. I don't know why my mother never decided she was a Satanist or anything. She should have been."

We have mentioned that Lucifer talked a lot, yes?

"Michael, I'm not entirely sure using the walky talkies to ask our boyfriends if they want donnuts is something they want us doing. I mean, you don't see me on the walky talky asking Ix if he wants to meet me in an unused room that often or anything." Despite the fact that these were two completely different things and also that Kael was actually joking, he felt the need to be an ass about it. "What if I don't want to share, anyway?"

Then he paused, sinking deep, deep into his thoughts. "You know what we need? We need guard dogs. Talking ones. Really big talking ones." It had been decided long ago that Kael's brain had been damaged by the rogue firework that had claimed his face and his life, though no one talked about that much anymore. He continued to groom.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:09 pm

Darrius trudged into the front hall, in a sour mood with everything due to the unruly state of his before ever perfect hair. Even with his hat on it made him look a scruff, and if there was something the young vampire prince most certainly did not want, it was to look a scruff. That and a stake through his heart, he really didn't want that either - but few, if any people wanted that, so he took that as a given and placed not looking a scruff in its rightful place at the forefront of the 'do not want' list.

"my name is Lucifer. That means I'm pretty much the king of the fallen angels, doesn't it? Or the prince of them. One of those, I'm important, it must be because I'm so cute."

Darrius looked up with a start, glancing around the room for the source of the voice. The only other two occupants were Ami, the receptionist, who was certainly not Lucifer himself, due to the simple fact that she was, in fact, a herself; as well as a small angel who couldn't possibly be Lucifer! Or could he? He had said he was cute.

Walking over, Darrius bowed to the pair, lifting his top hat off and sweeping it under in a polite gesture "Good mornign Miss Ami, might I ask who your companion is?" he asked, gesturing to the small angel "Did I ovrhear right that he is in fact, Lucfier. Luficer. Lucifer!" he said, repeating himself till he got the name right "Terribly sorry about tht, the center has done a wonderul job on my speech impedent, but it is still not fully gon."

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thediscofairy on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Ami gasped. "Oh, goodness, they sure did do a number on your hair, didn't they?" Ami personally kind of pitied those who were forced to go through that particular program process. It wasn't a pretty sight. "And yessir, Mr. Darrius, this is Luci. Are you supposed to be in any programs right now?" She reached for her schedule book. A few patients were on break, but not many.

"That's because Ix doesn't have a walkie-talkie. You do not have a monopoly on donuts, either," Michael said, grabbing a donut for himself and one for Lucifer. He opened the door with his elbow before wiggling out and holding it for Kael. He was going to give Lucifer his donut and then move on with conquering the world! And bugging Z'yaku. That too.

"Pssh," Jonathan said, waving Marco's explanation off, "That's one way to put it. Marco and Emily are companions, if you get my meaning." He straightened up in his chair. "Though whether both parties are fully consenting is up for debate." Oh, yes, Marco and Emily had a special sort of relationship. Despite often mocking him for it, Jonathan sometimes felt bad for Marco.

I meant, if you couldn't appreciate someone who looked like her throwing herself at you, what could you appreciate? Besides spaghetti. Bloody Italians.

thediscofairy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sdlangel on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:41 am

“I see” Olivia said. So she was a threat. A somewhat threat at least if Marco wasn’t entirely happy with the companionship. Olivia turned her blue eyes and looked Jonathon up and down, before turning them to Marco, her thoughts taking a different turn. She would have to be careful, that was for sure. Careful to make moves little by little until she made her mark unnoticed until such a time as she wanted it noticed.

Her mark on the school however, was just beginning. Her subtle mark at least, as some already knew of her match making. And also the small pranks she pulled which often caused people to walk into walls due to not being able to see where they were going. Though one time, she did it to someone who was walking down the stairs. Consequently they tripped and fell. However, her subtle plans to put herself in everyone’s mind involved just placing small images or hints of herself to them often enough that it got to the stage where she didn’t need to make them think about her as they would already be doing so.

Olivia was so involved in her thoughts that she didn’t realise that she had been sucking on her lolly so much that it had entirely gone down to just the stick. Blinking she snapped out of her thoughts and looked around for the bin, throwing the stick inside once she found it; she turned to the men and spoke.

“If her companionship is something you dislike so much, why do you accept it?” She questioned.

sdlangel
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:19 pm

"Oh, goodness," Lucifer said, getting a good view of the treatment some Mary-Sues had to go through for the first time (that day). Being as he was a self-respecting and well-groomed individual, Luci would never have been caught in public with his hair like that. As such, he had to resist his urge to whip the emergency comb out of his back pocket and get to fixing the poor vampire prince's hair. After all, this was treatment! Darrius was learning that he would have to fix his hair himself, like every other law-abiding original non-sue citizen.

Still, the urge was definitely there.

He decided it would be best not to say anything about the young man's hair, instead confirming his identity (to what would be his disdain later on). "Yep," he said brightly, making a show of the milky white wings at his back. "That's me!"

Kael scoffed. Who needed walkie talkies, anyway, if they were just going to be used for strange, homosexual donut runs? No, Kael didn't need a walkie talkie, he decided, setting it down across the floor from him.

He could resist.

With that, Kael resumed grooming his dark brown feathers, picking out a twisted one here, a bent one there, a sad looking one over here. They would grow back by the end of the day—ah, the perks of being an angel—and the rest of the feathery mess just needed to be straightened out.

All the while, he stole covert glances at the walkie talkie. "No, no, I don't need you."

Marco continued to scratch the back of his head uncomfortably. This was a little bit of an awkward situation, he couldn't help but thinking to himself. "Emily is—She is not a woman who is easily denied, you see. It is not so much that she is angry when you tell her no as that she simply does not understand the meaning of the word. To make matters worse, sometimes my—err—nature gets the better of me. It is, by all manner of imagination, an uncomfortable situation."

Oh, yes, Emily was more than a little overwhelming in Marco's direction (or any direction, to be perfectly honest, Marco was just her favorite prey).

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sinful Secrecy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:26 pm

Raven stood in the hot, sweaty kitchen, her petite hands wrinkled after spending so much time in the frothy washing up bowl that was before her. Muttering darkly, she scrubbed away at a pan that seemed to have so much grease, fat and grime on it that there was a higher percentage of that than there was of iron. That could have been because it was a stainless steel pan, but that was irrelevant, the description still stood.

Throwing the pan down Raven cried out in frustration "What on EARTH does this have to do with F***ING Sue-ism?" she yelled, turning around to glare at the nearest cook angrily "I cannot see how this is helping me in any way at all!" she complained, "It's not like one of my problems is that my hands are too nice!"

It was like that with a lot of the things she'd had to do since she got to Sunny Brooks, she never quite got why she was doing it until afterwards. She'd been learning immense amounts of miscellaneous and often pointless information to try and counteract her problem of 'just knowing things', been subjected to mockery about her nickname until she got rid of it, and now this. She really couldn't see what this was for though...

Sinful Secrecy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thediscofairy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:47 pm

"Well, you see," Aerin said brightly, clapping her hands together and hopping off the counter, "Part of the point of being a normal person is that sometimes you have to do things that suck. The more accustomed you are to getting dirty and doing labor, the more like a well-adjusted and normal person you'll become." She gave Raven a pitying look. "Besides, you don't want to be like those fairy princesses outside, do you?"

She resisted the urge to shudder. Pretty pretty princesses were Aerin's favored enemy.

"Oh, Michael!" Ami said brightly (because I did mention she and Aerin were similar), "You brought me a donut!"

Michael, who had just made his way up from security, gave her a long, hard look. "No, no I didn't."

She pouted.

"Oh, don't give me that- Kael would've killed me. He's starting a donut blockade, you know. I barely made it out alive with one for Luci."

Ami pointed at the other one in his hand. "What about that one?"

He looked at it for a moment before taking a bite out of it. "S'for me," he said around the sugary goodness.

She huffed.

Jonathan scoffed. "From your imagination, maybe. I personally would be more than happy to facilitate her needs." He just didn't get Marco. The man was just contradictory.

thediscofairy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:59 pm

"Yep," he said brightly, making a show of the milky white wings at his back. "That's me!"

With a start, Darrius bowed again, even more deeply "Forgive me, great lord, had I known it was you I would not have approached so casually." he said sincerely, "Might I say that I am humbled most greatly by your presence here, and honoured" he continued, rising out of his bow and walking towards Lucifer, promptly kissing him on the neck softly.

This was of course, because amongst Darrius' people to kiss on the neck was a sign of trust and respect, showing no intention to bite and exposing their own neck showing they trust the other. For Darrius, it would be a completely natural, innocent action - no more unusual than shaking someone's hand. For Lucifer however, and perhaps Michael, who had no knowledge of that, it would seem very much like a display of romantic affection, despite the fact that the thought hadn't crossed the prince's mind.

Grinning evilly, something that she was very good at, Lyra walked down the corridor of the center. The remainder of that session had been great fun, by the end that blonde haired little princess was screaming violent curses at her after she dressed her down, punted her white rabbit friend into the next town, and humiliated her in front of the rest of the group. The girl wouldn't be coming to that class again, she had definitely gotten past her block on expressing anger. It was surprising how quickly that happened when Lyra was around, but then again, perhaps not so surprising, seeing as Lyra was around. The elven woman was still grinning evilly when she walked into the staff room, taking a seat on a plush sofa and yawning, slouching down with no regard for looking dainty or 'proper' - as she once had.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omega_Pancake on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Lucifer squealed.

And it was not the kind if squeal that was a good squeal, as those squeals were not usually accompanied by quite the same amount of flailing and wiggling away and fleeing to one's much more intimidating (though that was no task; bunnies were more intimidating than Lucifer, he had to admit) significant other. This didn't actually do the job of convincing anyone that he was indeed anyone interesting that shared his name, but that wasn't the first thought on his mind. No, the first thought was something more along the lines of "meep."

He cleared his throat.

"Err, yes, well, right then. Uhm." It was very difficult for someone to wear his evil face when he had just squealed and ran to his boyfriend for protection from an evil neck-kisser. Still, Luci persevered—there were certain individuals who would respect his sunshine-y rainbow-y authority much more if they believed he was his namesake, and also he had never had the wings to back it up in school or he would have played around with it then too.

Luckily for Darrius, Luci had studied film in the few years he'd spent in college, and thus knew quite a bit about vampires (so he would get to live, for today). He figured the gesture had either had something to do with wanting to bite or proving that he didn't. And, you know, that was all okay, if that was how vampires did it, but Lucifer had decided long ago that Michael was really the only one allowed to kiss his neck. Michael and kittens.

He cleared his throat again. "I, uh—I apologize for my reaction to your preferred method of greeting. I've turned into sort of a low-contact person in recent years. I'm sure you understand."

He hoped Michael did. If not, this was all going to get more confusing than it already was.

It was still talking to him, Kael noted with a hint of wonder. The walkie talkie was right there, staring, calling him, asking him to do things he didn't want to do. The pile of feathers could not keep its call away, oh no. No, he would go mad ever so slowly if left alone with this walkie talkie.

Something one one of the security screens caught his attention. He couldn't decide whether to be amused or horribly offended for his sparkly friend, whom the entire angel bunch was rather protective of because he was small and feminine. In the end, however, he decided to leave things to Michael. Michael was Lucifer's boyfriend, he could handle some sort of evil neck kissing vampires if he had to, right? And besides, there were the whims of the walkie talkie to attend to.

That was when Kael made an executive decision! He would have to be rid of the thing, and that was the end of that. He stood, clipping the hideous creature to his belt and making his way for the door. After all, Michael hadn't gotten any farther than the front hallway. That! That was where Kael was headed.

Omega_Pancake
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sinful Secrecy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Raven gaped in outrage at Aerin "Me? Like those fairy god damn princesses? Don't even GO there!" she hissed, her eyes flashing with anger "I'm in good rights to slap you where you stand" she muttered. She wasn't, no matter what the staff said 'it was all in your best interest' and violent reactions 'would not be tolerated'. It was damn annoying sometimes. "I just don't see how this helps... if you can explain that to me I'll stop complaining but before that I'm going to complain however much I bloody want to" she muttered, before throwing her hands up in surrender and going back to the dishes, muttering angrily about everything to do with cooking, cooks and cleaning. She had no choice but to work, but Aerin was an idiot if she thought she was going to stop complaining about it...

Sinful Secrecy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thediscofairy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:18 pm

"So! Miss Raven Blahblahblah, how do you feel about kittens? Or your parents, for that matter? I mean, honestly, who would bestow such a name on a child?" Aerin's name was short, comparatively. She stuck her hands in the pockets of her apron and took a surveying look around her kitchen.

"Have you had breakfast yet, dear?"

Ami watched the scene unfolding with interest, leaning forward as to better watch the action. Michael looked positively affronted on Lucifer's behalf (or possibly his own), but she had always considered him a little unpredictable- there was no telling what he would do. It was almost sure to start getting interesting when the phone rang, banal tone interrupting her attention. Irritated, she picked it up, face smoothing out as she put on her secretary voice.

"Hello, welcome to Sunny Brooks Rehabilitation Center, this is Ami. How may I help you?"

Michael wasn't really sure what to do. Part of him was insisting he challenge Darrius to some sort of duel on the spot, but being as he was part of the staff of Sunny Brooks, the responsible part of him told him it wouldn't be helpful. So, instead he tried to be vaguely diplomatic.

"Method of greeting?" he asked, voice strained just a little. Methods of greetings were okay, he supposed.

[OOC: Hey, so, the phone call is up for grabs if someone wants it. :p]

thediscofairy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AbbeeNormyll on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:45 pm

Ami watched the scene unfolding with interest, leaning forward as to better watch the action. Michael looked positively affronted on Lucifer's behalf (or possibly his own), but she had always considered him a little unpredictable- there was no telling what he would do. It was almost sure to start getting interesting when the phone rang, banal tone interrupting her attention. Irritated, she picked it up, face smoothing out as she put on her secretary voice.

"Hello, welcome to Sunny Brooks Rehabilitation Center, this is Ami. How may I help you?"

D cleared his throat, "Um, hi my name is Dylan Fletcher. A friend of mine suggested that I enroll in some of the programs there. What all can you tell me about Sunny Brooks?"

AbbeeNormyll
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Frostfire14 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:41 pm

My, my, wasn't this just a quaint little place to work. Feng had often approved of turning such ridiculous little upstarts as those he had met into well-rounded people. It was a calling he felt was vastly in need of some exploration, and here the place had popped right up, welcoming these people with open arms. Feng for one had joined on the staff as a sort of secretary, dealing with paperwork in a minor corner of the building, but of course he wasn't to be put in a tiny little office like that. He enjoyed interacting with the young folks just as much as the next person, in fact, after living for so long in the household of Elan and his family, perhaps more so. Now, as the man, who appeared no older than ten, dressed in a typical robe with no shoes, of course, walked down the hallway to the kitchen, he peered through what windows were at his level to see people working pleasantly with people of various shapes and sizes, people with these terrible names, people with personality issues. It was heartwarming.

He arrived in the kitchen, clipboard in hand, to find some people already there. He simply took a seat at a nearby table, pulling out a pen from a pocket after a bit of shuffling about. "Damned pants have pockets that could hold the moon," he swore under his breath as he finally found his writing implement, "Ah, here we go." It was then that he acknowledged the people around him. "Oh, sorry," he said, waving happily at them, "Don't mind me. Just doing business as I do. Say, something smells good. What's being made in that wonderful little area of yours?" It was smelling good back there. There was no denying it. Feng could even feel his mouth begin to water.
OBJECTION! Your mother is cherry-flavoured.

Frostfire14
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!