Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Altholo, the Dark City - (IC, CURRENTLY ACCEPTING)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Altholo, the Dark City - (IC, CURRENTLY ACCEPTING)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Blythe

Blythe accepted Alex's help once more and got to her feet, leaning against him. "We're following a... cat?" she asked almost disdainfully. Well, this hadn't been the first odd thing to happen while she was here, but they couldn't possibly be following a cat to God know's where, could they? leaning against Alex, Blythe whispered, "Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, Scary moping lady over there look's more reliable, don't you think?"

Her knee was starting to hurt more and more and she felt disqusting without a bath for so long, she felt sorry for Alex, he could probably smell how gross she was. Would she be safe with these two? She had no idea, all she knew was that Alex kept threatening to burn people and this new person, well, he didn't look like the 'lets be friends' kinda guy from her perspective.

Then there was the creepy lady whom had just shown up. God, Blythe wasn't even going to follow her. "I hate this place..."
Don't ask me for the time, I never have it

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexandriaClaire on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:38 pm

It only took seconds. She had lunged herself at Vincent and knocked him off of his bike. "You asshole! How dare you insult my brother like that." She punched him once, then again. Her whip was instantly in her right hand and she twisted it around his throat. "If you ever talk to him like that again, or to me like that again, I will kill you. I don't care if Lilly loved you. I WILL kill you!" she screamed into his face. Her eyes had become pitch black with bright red slits, like a cats. Her grip tightened on the whip and choked him harder.

"Claire" was all Jasper said and she released her hold. She watched Vincent as she stood and and took a step back towards her brother. Her eyes still black and slit.

"Do you understand me... elf?" she asked as she hung the whip around her neck.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AlexandriaClaire
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:50 pm

"The nose plays," Vincent D'Nozo replied solemnly, quoting the human movie 'Oceans Thirteen' as he rubbed his neck. "The nose does play."

He grinned wolfishly before continuing.

"Did anyone ever tell you that you have serious anger management problems? Besides, you seem to be the one who doesn't understand. You haven't answered my question: have either of you ever been to New Jersey? Oh, and just for the record, I'm a DARK elf. I try to associate with my pale cousins as little as possible. I have a reputation to maintain, you know?"

Vincent's face grew very sad as he finished his talking.

"Lilly LOVES me. Please, don't refer to her in the past tense," the dark elf requested sadly. "She's not dead yet."
Drop your shield!

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thegraykid on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Stuck Between a rock and a hard place, that phrase seemed to capture perfectly the essence of Alex’s situation. He could follow the cat, but that it was a cat so it didn’t seem that reliable. On the other hand he could follow a dark angel that was more likely to slit his throat than help him out. But that wasn’t it, he knew that every second that they spent in the open only increased their chances of being found and killed, and that would definitely suck. And Blythe’s words showed him that it him that had these thoughts.

β€œOkay before I follow anything I need proof that this cat isn’t just a cat and if I can’t see anything then I guesses that the only way to go would be Michico’s way” he said because no matter how dangerous she seemed she was better than nothing.

thegraykid
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexandriaClaire on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:14 pm

"We don't go to Jersey. It is... how do the humans say? Trashy? I think is the word I'm looking for." She took her whip off of her shoulders and replaced it on her hip. She was tired of all of these games.

This is a waste of time. We would be better off doing what I said.

"Vincent. For all we know she could be dead and you are wasting time being an ass and asking us stupid questions. Yes we have been to Jersey" he glared at Claire," but only to scout. Otherwise no, we haven't. If you want to continue wasting time let us know now. We want to find Lilly and figure out why she had the stones. If you don't want to help us, fine. Just stop wasting our time."

Thank you, brother. she thought. Claire only called Jasper brother when she felt intense joy and pride. I like it when you take charge like that. It has been a long time.

AlexandriaClaire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:28 pm

"I merely asked a simple question," Vincent D'Nozo replied calmly, "and believe me, I'm not wasting your time by asking it. I was just curious to see if you had been there. After all, that's where we found The Stones."

The dark elf paused a moment, letting that sink in.

"Yes, we found them in an antique shop," Vincent continued. "We did not know what we had, at the time. Or at least I didn't. They were set into a silver chain, and when Lilly saw them she immediately picked them up asked me to buy them for her. I didn't want to, initially; the necklace was quite tacky looking. But when Lilly batted those baby-blue eyes of hers at me, well ..."

He cleared his throat before continuing.

"Anyway, I just wanted to talk with you two at the end of town so that we would not be overheard," Vincent explained. "By the way, Lilly isn't dead. Not yet. I know, remember? I have ... what did you call it? The Companion Stone? I can feel her heartbeat in my chest."

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FighterChimp on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:56 pm

Matthew gave his zillionth sigh in the day and turned back around. "Normally, I would, but the cat isn't going to prove it isn't a cat if he doesn't want you two to know. His name is Lieto, and he's been helping me get out of here since I arrived. He managed to give a scout the slip, so he's probably your best bet for vanishing from the eye of the people who rule this place, from now until you get to leave."

Lieto gave the closest a cat can get to a smile. Gosh, Matty does think highly of me! Of course, it's all undeniably true. And he's correct that I'm not going to show my powers if I don't want to. I could evade the dark angel, but escaping with three other people is a bother. Of course, these two could be a substantial asset to my ability...should I take the risk?

In the outside world, the cat grasped a shard of glass lying on the ground and scored one side of it with claw marks. Grasping it with his tail, he flicket it upwards. It spun through the air for a second, light glinting off it's dull surface, before it landed slashed side up. The cat spun to face Alex and Blythe. And then, shockingly, it talked. "Hello humans!" The cat's facial features blurred, it's body melting into a black liquid and expanding, sloshing slowly across the ground, but mainly growing upwards, taller and taller, curves and angles forming in it as if it were filling an invisible mold, until a pure black human form grew up next to Matthew. Color slowly mixed in, seemingly materializing from the inside even as it's features grew clearer, thin strands growing around it and weaving themselves into clothes, until a featureless human in a red pinstripe suit and black pants and shoes stood in the street. It's black, featureless face bulged outwards, white checkers spreading across the formed mask until it was entirely white.

Lieto brushed some dust and grime off his sleeve before elaborately bowing. "Lieto Bagnare Banchetto Evasione Maestro, I prefer to be called Li, nice to meet you all."

Matthew shook his head. What a show off.
Please take a look at my new roleplay, set in the supernatural Western world of Deadlands:
Deadlands: The Twisting Maze"

FighterChimp
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Fooligan, still in his bird form, landed on a rooftop, clutching the paintings in his claws. He had gone to his hideaway and had added something to one of her pictures. It was a picture of a mountain range, very well painted. Except now, Fooligan scrawled the word "LIES" on it with black paint. This black paint however, was a spy of sorts, really. They had a soul latching aura on them, which then attaches to the first three people who read it. The people never know, but now Fooligan can watch their every move. He morphed back into his regular form and took the picture. He looked down and saw two people conversing. There was a motorbike on the ground next to them. By the looks of it, one was an elf. Fooligan smiled. He knew this one was close to Lily. He took a look at the rolled up painting. It had an arrow attached to it, perfect to fire at them. Even if it didn't impale, it would get them to read it. He morphed his hand into a bow-shaped thing, and attached the arrow to it. He aimed at the elf, seeing as he was the better target. He fired away.

"Let's see you find you're beloved Lily now, shall we?" he said to himself. "...Vincent D'Nozo."
Writer, Musician, and Time Person Of The Year 2006.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexandriaClaire on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:01 pm

" and we carry the Loyalty Stones, so for your sake and my sanity, do not insult me or my brother again." She took out her stone from the pouch and looked at it. It was glowing black against her pale skin and felt very cold. Her brother's was doing the same. "Which shop? Was the vendor human or demon?"

They had begun to walk towards Jersey again. Claire didn't like crossing into the human world. It only made her want to stay there longer. She missed Josephine and Cylest and her brother missed them even more. They might be able to stop by for a few minutes while in the human world. She looked at her brother, his features softening when he heard what she was thinking about. A small smile peeked through his think lips, memories flashed in her mind. Cylest's birth, her first steps and words, and now... Josephine is pregnant again. She smiled but covered her mouth with her hand. This wasn't the time to smile.

AlexandriaClaire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:14 pm

"A human vendor, as far as I could tell. I don't think he knew what they were, either. He only charged me five thousand yen. A little odd, for Jersey, to be charging in yen ..."

Vincent D'Nozo heard the twang of a bowstring, and with a cry of alarm rolled to the side just as the arrow struck the ground beside him. The dark elf whipped out a handgun from beneath his suit jacket and fired three shots in the direction the arrow had come from. His crimson eyes settled on his attacker, and he glared fiercely.

"Fooligan!" Vincent snarled angrily.

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:21 pm

Blythe

Blythe's eyes widened as she gulped back whatever scream had been waiting to be released in her throat. "Whoa, that name must be a pain in the backside to write down," she lightly joked. Blinking back whatever shocked tears that were threatening to fall, her vision started to blur, her heart racing a mile a minute at the sight she had just seen. This monster, Leito, Li, whatever he wanted to be called, had just been a cat only moments before. Blythe seemed to have wind flying from her fingertips, Michino seemed to have jumped from a roof and landed almost perfectly and Alex could use fire form his fingertips.

Putting her free hand to her forehead lightly, Blythe was finding it harder and harder to hold any straight vision. She felt as if she were burning up, her cheeks flaming red and her head buzzing a mile a minute. "I don't... who are you again?"

And after that final question, forgetting just where she was or what was going on, Blythe fainted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J'aret

The human girl had fainted, just perfect. J'aret watched the encounter between the humans and other creatures with little to no interest. This was just to perfect, a herd of human sympathizers were together out in the open, just waiting to be picked off one by one. Sighing lightly, J'aret jumped from the tree, moving closer as to get a better look at the scenario.

It seemed maybe he would have to keep a closer eye on this girl. She seemed to lure out a number of Demons whom he could take in to the Order of Altholo. Timing was everything and right now, this just wasn't the time to attack.

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:24 pm

"Oh this is bad." Fooligan said, half laughing. He morphed into a crow and flew with a coming flock of ravens. Ravens and crows look eerily the same, so he blended in fine. If Vincent was going to fire, it would take a couple of shots until he found Fooligan. Fooligan cawed with the flock to blend in, and followed the birds for as far as he could. He soon came over his hideaway spot and swooped down to the sewer. He morphed back into his regular form and put up the manhole cover.

"Come on, Vincent, let's see how fast you can find me. I'll wait, I have a lot of time." he said to himself. "But on the other hand, your friend Lilly doesn't have much time however."

He looked at some of Lilly's pictures, which were painted very well. "Suprising, I thought she was only a sculptor." he thought to himself. He took a portrait of Vincent and looked at it.

"Hmm, captured very well..." he said. "But, I have one thing to make it better,"

He held his left hand in the air, which soon ignited into dark flame. He lit the portrait on fire and set it down on the ground. He laughed and stomped his foot on it, crumbling it to ashes.

"Now, let's see if I can do that to Vincent's real head."

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexandriaClaire on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Jasper and Claire looked at Fooligan. He always caused problems, especially for the Order. They used a spell on him so that he would only see Jasper and not Claire. It helped them get more work done. Claire stood close to Jasper. She knew Vincent would go after him and there was no point in getting involved any further.

They walked into Jersey and asked a human which antique shop sold jewelry, there were three, but only one on this side of town. They headed in its direction.

"We can swing by and see them Jasper." she confessed to her brother while looking down at the road. It was beginning to rain again. She lifted her cloak and glanced over at him.

"We can go once we talk to the man in the shop. I want to see them but we need to deal with this first Claire. Vincent was right you know" he began again when she began to glare at him "you need to control your temper. You are going to accidentally kill someone one of these days and you will always regret it. So, get a damn hold of yourself." He didn't look at her, he knew he had hurt her but tough love was necessary with Claire.
Last edited by AlexandriaClaire on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandriaClaire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:39 pm

"Dammit!" Vincent D'Nozo shouted furiously as he righted his motorcycle. "I'll have your head, do you hear me?!"

The motorcycle roared to life, and the dark elf quickly followed the flock of crows. He knew it would only be a waste of bullets to fire into the flock, so he slid the handgun back into his inner jacket pocket. Vincent's keen eyes spied Fooligan as he parted ways from the crows, and the dark elf arrived just in time to see the manhole cover slide back into place.

"My name is Vincent D'Nozo," he said loudly, bastardizing a line from the human movie 'Princess Bride'. "You kidnapped my girlfriend. Prepare to die."

Vincent checked his jacket pocket. Two extra clips of bullets. It was not a lot, but he would put every last bullet he had in Fooligan's head. Steeling himself, Vincent slid back the manhole cover and dropped down into the darkness.

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thegraykid on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:41 pm

The cat transformed into a masked figure in front of them, only its polite tone and lack of aggression stopped Alex from drawing into his vast reserves of fire and frying it. Blithe muttered a joke about its name and then she fainted. Alex just about caught Bythe before she hit the ground, he brought his face up to feel her face, she was burning up. A combination of the freezing cold rain and the shock of her situation instantly struck him as the things that had caused this.

β€œLi, your friend says that you know a place that we won’t be found. Can you take us there?” Alex said with concern in his voice that gripped his mind and caused him to ignore the fact that for them to travel anywhere he would have to carry her there.

thegraykid
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:42 pm

Fooligan suddenly felt a shock to his muscles. He immediately knew what it was. A stun. The way a stun works is that it chases you, and won't stop until it reaches you exactly. This stun was taking a while, so he had about five more minutes until he would completely freeze. He heard his manhole cover slide; someone was here. There stood Vincent, holding a gun to Fooligan.

"Ok, you've got me, and so does the incoming stun." he said and kneeled on the ground. "Go ahead and shoot me. But if you shoot me, you'll never know where she is. So, which one? Kill me and find her yourself? Or, interrogate me until I crack."

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:58 pm

"Neither," Vincent D'Nozo answered grimly, pressing his gun against Fooligan's forehead. "You're going to lead me to her, no questions asked. Since I'm in a good mood today, I'll even spare your life if we get to Lilly before I sneeze. You'd better start leading now, because I'm allergic to filth."

The darkness was overwhelming. Lilly sat in the dark, her knees folded up to her chest, too frightened to move. The elf could not see anything, and it truly frightened her. Not since she was a little girl had she been in this deep of inky blackness ... The captured elf thought she heard something, though she could not be sure. It could have been voices, or just another of those ... things ... crawling around in the darkness. Something cold and wet gently brushed her cheek, and she screamed in fright, burying her face in her knees.

"Somebody!" Lilly called out desperately. "Anybody! Help me!"

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:17 pm

"Oh really?" Fooligan said. He reached behind him and grabbed some black paint, the exact same he used to scrawl "LIES" on the painting.

"Then you won't like this."

He took the paint and threw the bucket at Vincent, which would do both jobs of getting his soul latched onto, and probably dazing him. Fooligan took a strip of cloth and wrapped it over Vincent's eyes.

"Now I could throw you in the same place Lilly is, but that wouldn't be smart on my part would it?"

Fooligan grabbed him and pulled him over to a tunnel.

"Have a nice fall..." he said with a laugh. He pushed him down the tunnel, which led deep underground.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Vincent D'Nozo landed in a heap at the bottom of the tunnel, his mind spiraling into a dimension of pissed off he had never seen before. Fooligan had kidnapped Lilly, trashed her house, and caused the dark elf to unintentionally leave his motorcycle in the middle of the street, but now ... he had ruined Vincent's favorite suit. The dark elf appreciated a joke as much as the next man, but enough was too much. Dark elves had originated underground, and Vincent still retained the ancestral gift of being able to see in complete darkness. D'Nozo tried climbing back up the tunnel he had been thrown down, but found it too steep to climb back up.

"Do you know what the best part of battle is?" he shouted angrily up the tunnel as he began to quote 'Conan the Barbarian', since he was sure Fooligan could hear him. "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!"

With that, Vincent turned around in a huff and began walking down the underground tunnel, searching for a way to get to Lilly.

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saleen06 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:31 am

Michico put a hand on her hip and said," Well duh, anyone would know he wasn't a real cat." She straightened herself up as her mouth fell open completely surprised why the humans would rather follow Lieto who gave one of them bad directions the first time and was obviously not what he seemed to be. This is the last time I ever try to help ass backward humans again,they have no logic what so ever.

"Fine, follow the cat. If you ever watched Alice in Wonderland you would know where that will get you...no offense Lieto. But heed my warning when I say you humans should split up, they don't like it when you band together Mmmm.May the Gods be with you because you will need it."And with that Michico walked away and took a quick right down a dark ally.
XOXO

Saleen06
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!