Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Altholo, the Dark City - (IC, CURRENTLY ACCEPTING)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Altholo, the Dark City - (IC, CURRENTLY ACCEPTING)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thegraykid on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:06 pm

"What you have powers too, I hope you have complete control of it unlike my friend here." Alex said referring to the girl. "And about your request. Maybe I do, maybe I don’t.” he said “but the thing is that why should I give up some of my time to show you where that place is.” It wasn’t his job to be a personal GPS to a stranger, but if there was a good cause to this then the whole thing would be a completely different matter. And if that place was safe then maybe it would be a good place to take the girl, because after all even though she might not be able to get that bath she wanted she did look like she needed some bandages.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thegraykid
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Blythe

Blythe glared, she was in no mood for this. Willing to get herself back up, she tried to stand, only this time falling back down and into the dirt that had now turned into mud. Her shorts were covered in the stuff, and she let out a sort of have cry, half scream as she tried to get as much of it off of her without hurting her knee anymore then it already was. "I say, your both insane!" she shouted. After a moment, she decided to leave the mud where it was and hugged her black jacket to her for extra warmth. Damn, this was an expensive jacket to, and the shorts belonged to her older sister. Blythe was thankful that she had atleast put on some shoes that were half decent and comfortable.

"Hey, would one of you please help me over here?" she called out. Blythe never had much pride, and when help was needed, she would expect atleast one of them would come over to help her out of this horrible situation. By now, mud had plastered her some of her hair. Her dark blue eyes were still foggy with much needed sleep and if she had gotten that bath she do badly wanted, she would probably drown as she fell asleep in it.

This was getting way to weird. She scoffed and said softly, "Head blown off, sure."
Don't ask me for the time, I never have it

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saleen06 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:47 pm

"I say, your both insane!"

Michico perked her head up, she was in a comfortable position laying on her back on a roof top just above where the yelling was taking place. She became very curious and rolled onto her belly and peeked over the side of the building to see a girl in shorts and what looked to be an expansive coat. Michico now lay like a teenager on her bed looking at magazines with her feet up in the air rocking back and forth. "Hmm..." She said quietly as she watched.

"Hey, would one of you please help me over here?" The young girl called out.

Michico smiled and turned her head slightly to the right noting that this girl had not much pride left in her.Michico assessed the girl listing all the things she needed, for instance a bath and some sleep which would be at the top of the list.

"Head blown off, sure." The young girl said.

Michico gave a frown and said nothing as she watched from above hovering over the girl, enjoying the fact that the girl had no idea she was being watched. Michico waited patiently to see if anyone would help her.
XOXO

Saleen06
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thegraykid on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Before the man could answer something drew his attention from him, it was the girl, she was speaking. She got up and tried to walk again, but like the last time she failed, it looked like she couldn’t take a hint. “Insane, we’re not insane.” Alex said calmly “We’re just aware of the crappy situation that we’re in and are trying to make the best of it.” As the sentence finished he walked up to her and with the intention of offering her his arm. “I’ll help you up.” He said with a tone that he hadn’t used much in this place, it was one of kindness. But after all being in hell wasn’t a good enough reason to forgo all acts of compassion.

thegraykid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Blythe

Blythe looked at the man and realised he was going to help her. As she was going to take his offer, Blythe couldn't help by feel like she was being watched, but brushed off the feeling. It wasn't the first time she had had this feeling while in this place; Altholo. Taking the man's hand, Blythe hauled herself up to her 5'5 stance and leaned on him as she tried to keep all presure off of her knee. Muttering a quick, "Thank's," Blythe tried not to get any of the wet mud on her shorts onto this man. However, this failed as mud seemed to slip off of her shorts and onto the man's pants. She shivered from the sudden rush of cold wind that swept whatever hair that wasnt caked in mud over her shoulder. Feeling like misery wasn't the way to go, Blythe tried to make a light joke. "No chance I can get a lift to Sydney from here, eh?"

----------------------------------------------------

J’aret

J’aret stared idly at the humans. The two males were proving to be a nuisance and the girl drew danger to her like a bee to honey. Claire was certainly starting to get on his nerves, although she was his superior J’aret paid no heed to her calls. Sighing, he sat on the branch on the tall tree he had landed on a while before. These humans were annoying, and the woman that hovered over human girl obviously interested was not calming his nerves. Shutting his eyes, J’aret whispered, “If you think I am not doing my job Claire, wouldn’t it be nice to report back to the leaders that now three human’s have banded together. All with some sort of power’s, no less. Can you hear me Claire?”

He chuckled half heartedly. J’aret hadn’t been surprised when the girl seemed to use wind to draw off Claire’s minions, but it seemed making her angry was not the way to go. He was keeping an eye on this girl like he was ordered, but the two male humans were not in his jurisdiction, wouldn’t it be a laugh to report back and tell the leaders that not one, but two humans had managed to lose their scouts and gather new humans against them?

J’aret grinned. No, they would not like that, and Claire would get her butt kicked to high heaven for allowing such a thing. This could work in his favour after all.

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thegraykid on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:32 pm

She heaved herself up to her full height in front of Alex, but still she was around five inches away from him. As she muttered her thanks to him a layer of mud fell onto his trousers, but it want like they were super clean before so it didn’t really bother him. "No chance I can get a lift to Sydney from here, eh?" she said in an attempt to lighten the mood. A wry smile plastered itself onto his face as he tried unsuccessfully to remember his last car journey before speaking. “Not just to Sydney,” he responded quietly “but to anywhere on earth. We’re stuck here. The only thing we can do is survive.”

thegraykid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Blythe

Blythe coughed uncomfortably at his grim response. "Peachy," she muttered. Sighing, she hopped forward, hoping he would atleast help and follow. "Is it just me, or do you feel like something's... watching?" Blythe was tired, very tired. She did'n't think she could walk properly and these Demons, these things were after them. She just couldn't fathom any of it. All she wanted to do was get home, back to school, but to her family. Jesus, and her sister's birthday was soon to. What about her parents? They'd have every Detective, every police officer searching for her. Turning towards the man who she had been leaning on, her eyes turned hard. "I need you to help me get home."

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saleen06 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 pm

Michico sighed then jumped down from the roof top landing in a crouching position just a few feet from the humans. She stood up slowly with a smirk on her face and said," You two look lost, perhaps I can help you?" Her left eyebrow perked in curiosity as she just realized that she saw a scout out of the corner of her eye from a tree. Michico gave no sign she saw him as she continued," The name is Michico and I couldn't help but notice...the both of you." Her tone was vague and gave no hint of her intentions as a small, what looked to be a friendly smile spread across her face.

Saleen06
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexandriaClaire on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:05 pm

I can hear, very clearly J'aret. It isn't y problem if the humans ban together. I could kill them all and not have to deal with them, it is YOUR job to make sure they don't ban together and lastly J'aret, there is nothing you could have up your sleeve that could damage my reputation

The three she had called were kneeling at her feet. "I need you to go and pick up these people" She handed them a list of humans she had been meaning to talk to but figured it could wait until after they were captured. Her cloak covered her body, warming her blood. They looked up at her, the triplets were a force to be reckoned with and needed to be kept in check. She lifted her right hand hand and stopped them before they spoke. "I want you all to go now. No excuses or exceptions. I want them all here by soon down. That gives you 3 hours. Go. Now." They vanished quickly and she new that they would be back in about an hour. She stood from the chair and pulled out a dress from her drawer. She unlaced her dress under the cloak and pulled on the dry one. She quickly changed her heels into knee high flat boots. She was ready. She left her cloak on to conceal her weapons, the whip, the twin blade, and her gun. She was ready to start taking down the Order.The stones were safe inside a small pouch attached to the belt that hung low on her hips.

"Are you ready Jasper? I know where they have her. There is only one place in the Order's castle that has cages. The triplets will be back in an hour. That should give us enough time to at least check the cages and if she isn't there we can continue to search the rest of the castle.

Jasper nodded and followed his sister. They walked through many doors and finally found the hallway they needed. It was dark and old. There were no lights and only one door. Jasper held his hand over the door and then pushed it open slowly. The room glowed deep red. Its many doors holding secrets not even Jasper and Claire were supposed to know. Claire

Clair followed him in and began to open the doors slowly. "They all have cages Jasper, damn it." She sighed and continue to open more doors. There were 37 doors in the room. They opened every single one and found many humans, demons, and elves being tortured, but no Lilly. Not even a whisper. She kicked the last door closed and it slit in half. Her skin started glow a deep black, just like the Loyalty star had glowed.

They both walked out of the room. Stepping lightly to make sure no one heard them. They walked out of the castle. The triplets knew what to do with the new humans and wouldn't need Claire or Jasper. They started to walk down the street, listening to people's thoughts, waiting to hear Lilly's name.

AlexandriaClaire
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:24 pm

Vincent D'Nozo pulled up short on the motorcycle, skidding to a halt as he spied his ... well, the dark elf would not call them friends ... acquaintences heading down the road away from the Order's castle.

"Hey there! Claire! Jasper!" he shouted to them as he rode slowly along beside them. "You asked about why Lilly had the stones, right? I'm ready to talk, if you're still interested. However, I suggest we do it somewhere a little more ... discreet. We know not who our enemies truly are. Come with me. I know a place in that none of our kind will bother us."

The dark elf looked at them sternly. It was clear that he was done playing games ... at least for now.
Drop your shield!

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Fooligan walked to Lily's now abandoned house. He was still disguised as a maildemon, and had to do his business quickly. He quickly entered the house through it's front door and closed it behind him. He morphed back to his sinister self and took a breath. Spheres of dark fire formed in his hands, and then he threw them at the walls and ceiling. They quickly caught fire and were spreading incredibly fast. Soon the entire house was engulfed in flames.

"I hope they got my letter," he said to himself. He quickly ran up the stairs, just before a piece of lit wood fell on them. He threw some more fireballs at the walls and then ran into a room. There he found his unfinished painting.

"Ah screw it, it's worthless now." he mumbled as he lit it on fire. He decided he would rummage through her drawers, as he may never get the chance. Maybe some money was in the drawers. He pulled one out and found some paintings, obviously made by Lily. He grabbed all of them and rolled them up. He smiled at the pictures and then ran to the window. He jumped out, and in his descent he morphed into a crow. He flew away, carrying the pictures in his talons. He watched the ruckus appear below him, as they gathered around the flaming house.
Writer, Musician, and Time Person Of The Year 2006.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlexandriaClaire on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:40 pm

"Alright" the twins said together. They followed Vincent as he led them away from the castle.

Jasper where is he taking us? Should we trust him? I have my weapons with me and I won't hesitate to kill him if he steps out of line. I have the stones with me and I just need to hear what he has to say. We need to get in touch with Oliver when we are done with him. Oliver will know how Lilly got her hands on the stones if Vincent doesn't. What do you think Jasper? she thought as she looked ahead of Vincent, trying to figure out where they were headed. They had taken many turns and her conversation and worry where disorienting her.

I know that you need to keep calm. If Lilly charmed anything else we'll need him. You can NOT kill him. As much as I know you want to and use your weapons. I know for a fact that you will have many people to hurt once we find who took Lilly.

AlexandriaClaire
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby itsaforeverthingxx on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Blythe

Blythe looked Michico over with obvious scepticism. “Hello... I’m Blythe,” she greeted. With a smile that matched Michico’s, Blythe said, “And no, we’re not that lost. So, we’ll just be on our way-” as Blythe went to move away from the young man who had been her only stable standing post Blythe fell face first into the ground – again. Groaning miserably, she picked herself up, still limping on her injured knee. This just hadn’t been her week; she had noticed that she had been spending a lot of time on the ground lately. Blythe wouldn’t say it out loud, but she just didn’t feel comfortable around this woman at all.

“Huh?” Looking up, Blythe noticed a crow flying overhead, something clutched in its talons. ‘A messenger bird maybe?’ she thought, forgetting there were others around her all together, ‘But, why a crow?

This day just kept getting weirder and weirder.

itsaforeverthingxx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepyShadow on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:59 pm

The twins were quiet as they followed Vincent D'Nozo, and it irritated him. He hated how they were always talking with each other in that strange way they did. The dark elf did not really understand it, but it annoyed him nonetheless. In an attempt to level the playing field, in his mind, he stopped at one point with a sickened look on his face.

"I don't mind how much Claire thinks of me," Vincent said to Jasper harshly, "but keep me out of your fantasies, freak-boy."

Eventually, the dark elf led them to the edge of town before stopping once again. He gazed at them, his demeanor serious.

"Have either of you been outside of the city?" he asked, running one long-fingered hand across his perfectly done hair. "Specifically, have either of you been to New Jersey?"

SleepyShadow
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saleen06 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:41 am

"Blythe...Hmmm, That's funny because I thought you guys were looking for a way out of here." Michico said as she smiled mostly at the two boys standing with the girl. She gave no notice to the young girl falling. She then turned away slowly as if to leave them standing there in the ally way, although she had no intentions on leaving them.

Michico soon started to walk away slowly just in case they changed their mind on needing help. But just as she gained a few feet from them she looked over her shoulder and said," If in case you do get lost let me know..." Then she continued to walk away slowly down the ally, ready to turn around if need be.

Saleen06
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FighterChimp on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:36 am

Matthew looked at Alex with an expression that showed his dissatisfaction with the situation. "Look. If things were up to me, I'd be on my way to a safer place and leave you two standing in the rain. Unfortunately, as things tend to go badly for me, I'm lost and have to rely on two strangers for company. But in the unlikely event that you do decide to help me, I'm currently involved in trying to get out of this hellhole. I suppose the man in charge wouldn't be bothered helping you, he's something of an wildcard. Not my type of friend, but then again no one is..." Matthew remarked with a deep sigh. You could practically see his own self-pity crushing him. With that, he turned to Blythe. "And since a limping person would be a liability, I can help you with that knee."

I seem to have gotten myself into a complex situation. A man liable to turn me into a bonfire and a confused girl who doesn't even know where she is. Two people I'd rather do without, my only wish to get back to Lieto in less than a few days. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If I ignore them or go with them, I'm in trouble.

Matthew's train of thought was interrupted by a woman jumping from the bloody roof and landing in front of the other two. Matthew watched with vague interest as she introduced herself as Michico, seemingly aware of only two people. And yet again I go unnoticed. Nothing but a shadow on the wall, I suppose. Matthew audibly sighed as she gave a bright smile in their direction. This Michico seemed like a very happy person. Matthew strongly disliked(never hate, Matthew reasoned that hating things is the fastest way to turn people against you) people who had an excess of happy energy. Matthew just shook his head as she slowly walked away, obviously waiting for someone to respond.

Do I want to go with her? She might actually know where she was going. Of course, I also just 'met' her about a minute ago, know absolutely nothing about her, and would strongly prefer a trip with two normal people who know how bad this place is than this overly cheery person.

As the rain began to fall harder, the last thing added to Matthew's list of misfortunes for the day was that he had no umbrella.
Please take a look at my new roleplay, set in the supernatural Western world of Deadlands:
Deadlands: The Twisting Maze"

FighterChimp
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daisy on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:38 am

On the streets a new type of demon was wandering. Her one human hand running it’s fingers over the sides of nearby buildings. She loved the sensation of touch, and there weren’t many places on her body where she could actually feel as her skin was mostly fabrics. Her eyes rolled over each creature, each demon, and more importantly to her, each human that passed by. She wasn’t sure what she was looking for in this unsuspecting buffet of flesh: a playmate, an artist, another scrap of clothing or skin to add to her growing collection. In the front of her mind was the looming loneliness she felt since her “father” had removed her from his domicile.

“Filth.” She pouted and kicked a near by can, sending it toppling down the street. The clanking sound made her smile in simple satisfaction. She bounced slightly and picked up her pace, almost skipping like a child.

Daisy
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thegraykid on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:40 pm

Getting home, that was everyone’s first goal when they got here. But over time this place got to one and all, and eventually they would stop thinking about the life that they had left behind and start thinking about the life that they had here. Alex was brought from the land of his thoughts by a something that was definitely not human jumping from a roof and landing in front of them, but instead of attacking them like most things in this place it began to talk. It introduced itself as Michico, and then began to speak of helping them. His wry smile widened. Nothing came for free here, there had to be a catch.

But before he could speak his companions did, Blyth and the other male in there group. Blyth protested that we were not lost and then when trying to walk she fell, again. And again he reached out his arm to help her up again as the guy began to speak directly towards him. He spoke of a safer place than this and Alex couldn’t help but draw comparisons between his plan and Michico’s one, the man’s plan certainly seemed more realistic and safe.

“Okay then we’ll go to this Lerzyk Street of yours, but if it’s a trap then know that before I die I’ll be sure turn you into nothing more than ashes. And Michico I’m Alex and I don’t think we’ll be taking your route today, it’s just a little bit too risky.”
Last edited by thegraykid on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegraykid
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saleen06 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:12 pm

“Okay then we’ll go to this Lerzyk Street of yours, but if it’s a trap then know that before I die I’ll be sure turn into nothing more than ashes. And Michico I’m Alex and I don’t think we’ll be taking your route today, it’s just a little bit too risky.”Said Alex.

Michico stopped and turned around with a hurt expression on her face," Oh but Alex...I never told you what route I'm taking..." She soon had a puzzled look and continued," I find it very interesting that 3 humans who obviously don't belong here choose to rely on each other for...direction.Then when somebody comes along with the knowledge of the streets they turn her down." Michico gave a frown and sighed," That's to bad..."

It was just like the humans to pride themselfves to much to take direction from anyone who offered especially if they are completely and utterly lost, as if they fell down a rabbit hole. Michico put her chin to her chest and kicked some dust at the bottom of her feet and looked up at the humans with her hands in her pockets and a puppy look on her face.

Saleen06
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FighterChimp on Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Matthew blinked in confusion. "So...you don't know how to get to Lerzyk Street either? That's...well...bloody hell." If I can get back to the alleys I can get back. Let's see...to get here I took a left...then a right..or...it's no good then. Matthew sighed and looked at his feet in desperation. To his surprise, he saw a black cat with a white face coiling around his leg. "...oh. Lieto. Thanks for being here for me all this time," Matthew remarked sarcastically. "Well, if we wait here something else might find us, so let's be off." Matthew glanced up at the evidently confused Alex and Blythe. "Follow the cat, it's a friend."

Lieto gave a indignant meow. Matty called me an IT! Can he not see the sheer male power radiating off of me? Well neither can I...anyway, who are these other specimens I see? Two humans...hmm, nothing special, I suppose Matty has made friends with them...wait, Matty has no friends, hehehe. And this other one...oh hoho! A dark angel? Now, why is Matthew mixed up with her sort? Best to leave that one be, Matty dear.

Matthew groaned to himself. "Oh, keep your feelings to yourself." Matthew took a few steps, following the cat, before he noticed he didn't hear any footsteps. He turned around slowly to see Alex and Blythe standing perfectly still. "Well don't give up now...believe me, following the cat is perfectly safe." Ugh. If these two don't believe me, it's their loss. I might not have trusted a cat back in the human world, but I'm sure these two have seen stranger in Altholo. I do hope they'd rather be stuck with me than the sulking she-demon over there. Matthew continued to follow Lieto, the cat seemingly beckoning to Alex and Blythe with his tail.

FighterChimp
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!