Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Wolves of Cygnus IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Wolves of Cygnus IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:08 pm

"I understand, sir." Said a disappointed Garet. He marched back to the den. He wanted more than anything for a taste of battle. He also knew that his blood lust would probably be the end of him someday. He tended to be nice and kind to the shadow claws but to his enemies he only showed mercy to children and women; unless, of course, he was ordered to kill them. That, or if they were trying to take his or another shadow claw 's life
Life is like the coldest winter
People freeze the tears I cry
Words of hail their minds are into
I've got to crack this ice and fly
-Hitch a Ride; Boston

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Mark on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Lucifer continued his ride determined to find this wolf, but the tracks completely disappeared at a shadow, completely, there wasn't any reason the track should have disappeared, the ground was soft, and the tracks should not have ended, and wolves dont climb trees. Lucky marked this place in a home made map of the area he had.Lucky rode his horse back to his cabin, and tied up his horse, and opened the creaky door to his cabin and walked in slowly and he took of his leather, and started to play his lute, He played a fast paced melody, and after about an hour of playing he fell under his covers and went to sleep.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Captain Mark
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:32 am

As Mibu his mate and two large male subordinates entered the domain of the Shadow Claws he sensed they were expecting him. Well that suits me just fine no need to waste time here He thought snarkily to himself as he led his little group past the border mark and into the heart of the shadow claws territory. He turned to his mate Layuli and asked "are you ready. They will be awaiting us ahead and we will need to barter I demand blood for blood this Garett should have to relinquish his crest to me or fight me one on one. We will see how their alpha feels regarding this little scenario though. Perhaps they will be able to come to an agreement with us."
Join the animal kingdom and release your inner beast

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=29415

Kyo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:47 am

Layuli followed her mate until they reached the borders. She felt a little uneasy but trusted Mibu and continued forward. When Mibu began to speak, she turned towards him and listened. She believed what he was asking for was fair especially since Garet had entered their territory and had only the motive of gaining power to kill one of theirs.

"I'm prepared for anything. He came onto our territory with nothing but the thought of a new crest on his mind. Our small treaty to remain on our lands has been broken and it is only fair that you should gain the crest back." Layuli felt the sun creat on her forehead. She didn't want to think about the incident that had haunted her mind for years. "Let's go." she said before facing towards where the shadow pack would be.
Image Image Image Image<---poke them pwease! especially the black and blue ones.

Why do people kill people for killing others to show people that killing is wrong?

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Mark on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:02 pm

At Lucifer's House
Lucifer woke up after sleeping, it was morning, and he didn't need that much sleep. He started up his stove, by setting a match to some wood, and started to boil some water for coffee. As he waited for the water to boil, he got in his chain mail, and loaded up for another day.
Lucifer itched to go check out those tracks in daylight, he didn't need to be with the Militia until, evening. He attached his gunpowder pistol to his left side, and put his rifle on his back. He took the rapier off his hanger and slid it into the sheath on his right.
He slowly poured himself a cup of coffee, and drank it rather swiftly. He pulled a small bag filled with deer jerky out and slowly chewed on bits of it.
Then he remembered he needed to lead a small patrol into the woods, later, it would have to wait.

( sorry this might seem a little cheesy, but I sort of want to get my character involved)

He once again mounted his horse and rode to the place he marked on the map. The tracks were absolutely gone, but there were new tracks in the opposite direction. He followed the new tracks, no magical disappearances of tracks, Lucifer indeed wished to follow them. Lucifer Whistled, and jumped off his horse, the horse rode back home, it was a smart horse, as Lucifer reminded himself.

He jogged, following the wolf tracks he had his small gunpowder pistol out just in case. After a bit of jogging, he tired out and slowly, and carefully followed the tracks. Lucifer after going over a hill, his eyes scanned for something. WOH! He saw 2 of the biggest wolves he has ever looked at, and 2 other wolves, One looked absolutely amazing. He could only see there backsides, they seemed to be heading somewhere. These werent the average wolves that ate his chickens, they were definitely different.

He hoped that they didnt smell him out, or hear him, but knowing his luck they did. He once again felt for the crest in his right pocket, hoping it would give him more dumb luck. Why did his curiousity always lead him to danger, oh well, his the loud sound of his gun might scar them off, might...
Lucifer moving from one tree to the next following there backsides, pistol pointed down. Lucifer tried to step softly, but his armor hindered him a little bit.

Captain Mark
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby python13579 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:40 pm

Urufu caught a few scents, unfamiliar ones, so it was obvious that the light fangs had moved into his territory. Bad move if he expected to keep the peace in diplomatic actions. It was fool worthy for the Shadow Claws to attack, but the current position of the two opposing clans could not be passed up.

"Everyone, they have reached our borders, and stepped on to our land. Be ready for absolutely anything. They could have planned anything." He looked towards the scent, to the edge of the small clearing that they called a home. The hunting grounds in there territory stretched out and around, until the light fangs territory.

python13579
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:16 am

Mibu led them into the center of the Shadow Claws territory and sniffed smelling the odor of human mingled with metal and black powder. An armed human thats unusual. He thought to himself and decided not to deal with the man unless he tried to interfere. He knew that the Shadow Claws would now of there presence and decided not to try stealth. He made a loud contact howl and tried to meet with Urufu so the leaders might discuss what was to be done about his upstart subordinate. In reality he had his doubts that appeasement would be offered and felt like blood would be running freely from both sides soon. He stood waiting for them to meet him reluctant to venture further into their territory.

Kyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby python13579 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:23 am

"All who are protecting pups, remain here, everyone else, come with me." He heard the howl, and knew already that it was Mibu. Urufu was to focused on his task to notice the scent of anything that wasn't important. And the only thing important right now was seeing Mibu leave his land with his tail between his legs. They had gotten a little more close than Urufu expected them to go. Obviously they were feeling brave today.

The thoughts raced around. He wondered what would be so important to Mibu that the two clans would have to meet face to face, and in Shadow Claw territory. Urufu had to be careful about this, any wrong words could send the lands spiraling into a war.

python13579
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Mark on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:50 am

Lucifer noticed the wolf howl loudly, it sort of hurt Lucifer's ears. This creature seems dangerous, but I wonder how intelligent it is. Wolves normally are smart, I would like to continue my observation of these Wolves, that patrol at the city will have to wait. Lucifer stalked the 4 wolves, and slowly fell on his belly, with his pistol pointed out, Lucifer cautiously crawled towards where the wolf was at, still wondering what it was and if the wolf had detected him yet.

Lucifer slowly put his pistol inside his holster on his side. He pulled out the rifle on his back, and loaded it. Fear, that was what caused him to do that. 4 wolves, 1 shot, what chance did he stand. Lucifer remembered his crest, it was sitting inside his pocket.
With his off hand he fished around for it inside his left pocket. Lucifer looked back and saw it on the forest floor not to far from him. Lucifer crawled back towards it, inching his way. he quickly stuffed it inside his pocket. He once again crawled forward towards a large tree not 10 yards from the 4 wolves.

Lucifer continued to crawl, with his rifle, pointed in a safe direction. He found a nice tree, and stopped,.. waited for the wolf to do something. He thought to himself, maybe that howl was a mating call.

( just wondering, when the wolves speak, Can humans understand it)

Captain Mark
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melodic Salvation on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:35 pm

Following Urufu, Hitomi continued through the woods. She heard a howl in the distance, automatically knowing it was Mibu of the Light Fangs. Preparing herself, she thought over the possible circumstance for such a confrontation. The only one who had even left the grounds today was Garet, and he only went for food, right?

Sniffing the air, she tried to locate Mibu and the others' position. They were close, very close. She tried to keep calm, even the slightest bit of hostility would set them off and she knew it. She also knew that their pack could not take such a battle at the moment, it was too risky.

She watched Urufu, he seemed to be contemplating something. Probably building up his charisma, he would need it to be able to calm down Mibu and his mate who were notorious for their temper and impulsive behavior.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Melodic Salvation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 am

(Hmm, I will leave it up to you wether you can understand them or not. Sorry everyone for the slow posting I have lots of time for posting on weekends when I am off work)

Mibu sat like a sentry in the center of the Shadow Claws domain not traveling deeper as was the last remanants of their futile peace agreement, they would know when they stopped that this was a call for a council meeting and not a direct invasion. He was doubtful of them yet he was not totaly disinclined to believe that this may have been an attempt at a power grab by a younger foolish male and his pup reeked of Garret. He sat silently perched up on his haunches as he waited for his rivals to arrive, he tried to calm himself as best he could yet his blood was boiling and he would struggle to keep his temper in check.

Kyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:42 pm

Layuli sat beside Mibu yet continually rose and paced around him. She was in mourning for their lost member. She never would have thought that this would happen yet she knew what it was. One irresponsible wolf thought he could grab power. They were doing so well with the peace treaty and then one reckless... Layuli stopped. She needed to calm herself. She was getting all worked up and that would be bad.

A small whine escaped her throat as she rested her head on her paws. Instantly though, her head shot up as figures could be seen in the distance. "Mibu, they're coming." she spoke as her posture fixed so that she was sitting tall and almost royal like.

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby python13579 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:44 pm

Urufu continued to move through the trees. He was finally within view of them. It was Mibu and Layuli he saw first. He stopped, a few yards away. The rest of the pack stopped behind him, as to not provoke a battle.

"What seems to be the problem Mibu?" He tried to speak sincerely, but his anger showed. He did hate the Light Fangs' guts. "And, why do you come so far into our lands? Do you ever see any agreements as 'sacred'?"

python13579
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Layuli was the first to jump up. She spotted Urufu and heard his voice. It sounded as though it was filled with venom. He hated them almost as much as she hated the Shadow claws. She listened and laughed. It seemed Urufu was oblivious to the fact that his own wolves had started this. It was time to clue him in.

"It seems that one of yours came onto our territory and murdered one of our members for a crest. It seems you have broken our treaty. What do you have to say to this Urufu?" She then looked at Mibu and whispered, "A life for a life Mibu. You should claim one of theirs."

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:28 pm

[EDIT] took out ooc part and added some more.

Garet could easily hear what they were saying, his new crest gave him heightened hearing, too. He wondered what he could trade for his life. He remembered his two sun crests. "Maybe I could trade these. I wonder if Urufu remembers the pack he's in. Is it not unlike us to do that?" He thought. Garet wasn't too worried. He knew Urufu would never abandon a pack member to those goody, washed up wolves.
Last edited by Sirpokealot on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

(sirspokealot just chill that is how wolves act everything is fine I run this rp on a different site and the exact same thing happened within five posts only it was a light fang because I had to be the Shadow alpha)

Mibu snorted and glared at Urufu "don't play coy with me you bastard. You know very well why I am here talking so airily about upholding peace agreements when you knowingly shed the blood of one of my young. Your subordinate Garrett I believe is the culprit and I demand reperations be made, I demand this Garret's blood Urufu." He stood proudly and with a look of determination on his face.

Kyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby python13579 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Urufu snickered a little. "You demand Garret's blood huh? And you!" He turned towards Layuli. "A life for a life? If that were true, wouldn't we be in an infinite cycle of death? Killing each other for no apparent reason besides 'a life for a life'. If you truly believed that to be so, all of you would be dead. I mean, you all did hunt for a living, and still do." He twisted there words and concepts to use against them, trying to catch them off guard and make them stand down. "The way I see it, the dead light fang you speak of, is a death for all of the food you have hunted. There's a life for a life!"

python13579
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melodic Salvation on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:02 pm

"We shall never willingly give the life of one of our pack members, surely you understand that is a proposition we can not agree to," she spoke proudly, she felt an air of superiority after such a barbaric request. She fully agreed with Urufu, they had been over hunting and depleting the supply of food, and that they shan't give in to their demands of death. "Please understand," she said calmly but strongly, "we regret the loss of your pup, but killing one of our own will not bring him back." Standing straighter, she retained a respectful stance but also announced her authority.

Melodic Salvation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PixieCP on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:58 pm

Hayden was dead, killed by a Shadow Claw for his crest. It was in a howl, in Mibu's voice. Now, her sire and the adult members of the pack, save two, had gone to the Shadow Claw territory. There'd be a battle, either of words or fangs. Salya sat in the corner miserably, arms wrapped around her knees. One of the wolves on pup duty, the female, remained just inside the entrance of the den, watching but keeping hidden. They'd only moved dens last week in an effort to keep others from finding the pups, the most precious assests of a pack. Julen padded back to his youngest sister, licking her chin and then shifting into human shape, wrapping an arm around her.

"I'm gonna miss him," Salya admitted, curled up into his side with her face hidden against his chest. Julen sighed. Hayden had been his litter-mate. The older wolf stroked her hair as one of the older pups came and sat on her other side, taking comfort from the closeness.

"I know, we're all going to miss him."

"It's stupid!" Salya said hotly, battling tears. "Killing people is stupid, and doing it for crests is stupid too! It just keeps going in circles and then everybody ends up dead!" Julen shushed her and rocked her gently, but didn't say anything. He couldn't really argue with the pup's logic.

Salya kept quiet, inhaling the familiar scents of the two adults, the other pups, the den where everybody's scent mixed into family. Only now that scent would change because Hayden was gone. Did the Shadow Claws feel this upset when they lost one of their own? They were still wolves with a pack too. Salya frowned to herself. Why did wolves need different crests? Sure, it made you more powerful but that was useless when you were left all alone. Salya made a promise to herself. She'd never kill another wolf for their crest, never. She'd be like her dam, Layuli, only killing because she had needed to defend herself. She'd especially never kill a pup. Salya was the only survivor of her litter. The winter they'd been born had been especially hard, and Kim had died before spring. Davey, being too adventurous for his own good, had slipped the care of his sitter and wandered into a hunting Shadow Claw. Her other two brothers had followed in the same way. Salya felt a duty to stay alive, for her siblings, and for her mother who'd already lost too many pups. An old saying came to her mind. No parent should have to bury their child.

PixieCP
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:18 pm

Mibu's eyes narrowed dangerously as he declared his next emphasizing each sylabble spoken. "Very well then, it was unwise to assume civility from a pack of self killing liars like you Shadow scum." Without another word he turned to leave stalking off when they got some distance away he whispered some muffled instructions to one of his own male members. The wolf stopped and went a good deal around the shadow claw territory coming out on the other end of their domain. He made a small den capable of housing himself and a few others. Then he waitied for his master to return with further instructions for him.

Kyo
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!