Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

4 Elements School of Martial Arts IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

4 Elements School of Martial Arts IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Link to the OOC elements-school-martial-arts-sign-ooc-t27679.html

Deep in the mountains of China lie a well kept secret, the secret of the elements. Long ago masters from across the land gathered together and shared their mystical knowledge of the elements with one another. The knowledge was printed onto eight scrolls which were split into two groups of four each guarded by the senior master of the school and the other four to a different school, they were known as the elements of light and the elements of shadow. The two masters had to be selected unanimously by a council of eight elders and only met once every ten years to compare the prowess of their respective students. The current master of the light elements of the Four Elements School of Martial Arts was one master Xian Wah a Chinese kenpo master and advanced master of the elemental fist style and user of all four light elements. Air/Lightning Earth Fire Water/Ice were all his to control having bonded to him over the course of his very long life. The Shadow Elements master was Alec "Kanzoko" Creed he is an African-American who grew up in Japan, the son of wealthy business mogul Aidan Creed he had every luxury he could afford including a private instructor in the art of nin-jitsu. He was only in his mid forties but he had also mastered all four of the dark shadow elements manipulation of shadow, dragon shadows, metal and death the darkness needed for balance in nature.

Master Wah's school lie in the peaceful valleys of a pristine untouched valley in nature, it was a rich lush and green valley. It had plenty of fresh water from running streams but to reach it you first had to scale a very large mountain to a point. From there you have to cross a large winding series of caverns leading to the top of the valley. From there you must descend several miles of craggy cliffs to reach the bottom. The exact instructions were being printed onto maps to be delivered to the new group who showed promise. Wah sat reading the names to himself and looking over their past history "Alec, Xai Tao, Dante Page all skilled, if they can survive the trip we will see." He snapped his finger and robed attendant entered and Wah whispered instructions to him to split the notes and have them delivered. The order of monks who saw to the schools upkeep and the like all wore brown hooded robes and never revealed their faces. They put the map and messages written by Wah into scrolls which they left to deliver. With locations of the students they took the notes and maps and left the notes he wrote read as follow

Dear ..... You are invited to attend my secret school for advanced martial arts. If you are interested pack three weeks worth of provision along with any belongings you will need. Do not tell your friends or family and come secretly follow the map the attendants will see to your travel arrangements to China but you must reach the school on your own. Master Xian Wah
Join the animal kingdom and release your inner beast

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=29415

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: 4 Elements School of Martial Arts IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:43 pm

"Wow, really?" Dante asks, looking the scroll over that he had found as he arrived home. "So, if I go to this place I'll get sent to China, and get to train with a master? Well, what can I lose, right? I've got nothing left here..."

With a sigh he tucks the scrolls away and heads in and up to his room. He shares a house with his dad. Both of them work for a living, now that he is out of high school, but his dad works most of the dad and the week, so they don't see eachother alot. After re-reading the scroll he begins to pack his things. The three weeks worth of provisions first, which for him meant lots of ramen noodles, a couple gallons of water, and a pot, along with a few other things he would need, drinks, snacks, then he moved onto his personal wants. Taking his old school bag he fills it with a few changes of clothes, his nunchaku, throwing knives, gloves, a book he's been meaning to read, and a couple of other things. Then he dresses, grabs his bo staff, and heads out, not having any idea what to expect he wants to be prepared for anything.

Soon he is walking out of town, making his way towards the place the scroll told him to get to and wishing he had something besides his bike to take, knowing he couldn't carry the three bags he has and his staff if he rode it.
Unseal the hushed casket.
- Cortana
In the end, the older generations always sacrifice themselves for the newer ones, so that the children that make the new generation can have it better than they themselves did.
- a lesson from Naruto

http://apps.facebook.com/naruto_app/invite/?player_id=59217&h=15eba7100b818f061501969591749860 - a link to a naruto game on Facebook, join my clan if you want.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dante_Page
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:49 pm

Xai was half asleep when she heard someone move past her window. Her ear perked up and she grabbed her katana instantly. Already in a ready position she looked over at the window, seeing no one there she sighed and dismissed the sound, until a peace of paper blew off the window sill and to her feet. "Oh...?" She sheathed her katana picking the note up and reading it.

Dear ..... You are invited to attend my secret school for advanced martial arts. If you are interested pack three weeks worth of provision along with any belongings you will need. Do not tell your friends or family and come secretly follow the map the attendants will see to your travel arrangements to China but you must reach the school on your own. Master Xian Wah

She looked at it and re-read it. "W-what...?" She sat down on her bed for about thirty minutes before grabbing her bag, packing her clothes, her two katana's, and leaving without a second glance. Following the map she arrived in a secluded place. "This had better be good..." she mumbled as she waited.
ImageImageImageImageImage

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:22 pm

"Dear Alec You are invited to attend my secret school for advanced martial arts. If you are interested pack three weeks worth of provision along with any belongings you will need. Do not tell your friends or family and come secretly follow the map the attendants will see to your travel arrangements to China but you must reach the school on your own. Master Xian Wah." Alec read. He looked at his many tourniment trophies. "I might as well." He mumbled, and started packing. He got the regular stuff, along with his single weapon, a sword. He left a note that he ran away, and they will never see him again. He followed the map to the secluded area.

Sporian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Master Wah stood on the porch of the school deep in the valley, he looked up and saw the students begining to arrive at the bottom of the mountain. He knew they would all be tired from their long hike he had prepared a large elaborate feast he just hoped they like Chineses food. The school was actualy carved into the side of a mountain the inside gave off a faint musty smell of old stone. The floor was carved square stone tiles 8x16 there was one large central training room that branched into four paths. The girls and boys dorms were just barely suited for living. They were small and cramped with four beds in one room, there was no indoor plumbing or running water save for the streams outside. They ran on kerosene lamps and coal furnaces, there was a kitchen but it was cold and generally unused. There was always dust on the stone floors, providing endless chores for everyone. Deep in the heart of the mountain was Wah's private chambers which always remained locked, and thats all there is to tell about the school. They did a lot of outdoor training in the peaceful valley Wah decided to call out to them since they seemed lost in the underbrush "Hey, Hey over hear are you one of the new students?"

Kyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:18 pm

Alec noticed the old man and turned towards him. "Yes. You probably know who I am." Alec then bowed in dozens of ways just to make sure he did the right one. He started climbing. He was the fastest up there, for he was the most hyper of the four. He looked at the valley, then the dojo. "Let me guess, dusty stone floors proving endless chores. Kitchen that's never been used, and a great feast. I'm gonna have my feast, and then sleep out here. Surviving out here will be a chore in itself, right?"

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:25 pm

The door slammed shut behind her, and her belongings were quickly cast aside. The apartment was dark; the only light was that of the moon through her window. All was as it should be. Heather walked sleepily to her bedroom. Her hand went for her light switch. When the light came on, however, she noticed something laying on her pillow that was not there before.

Cautiously she picked up the scroll, wondering how it had gotten onto her pillow. She untied the fastenings so as to read its contents.

"Dear Heather Francois, You are invited to attend my secret school for advanced martial arts..." She read aloud. A school of martial arts? Like her Tai Chi Chuan? She only did that for her anger. Well, not necessarily. She hadn't had too many problems with her anger for awhile now. But she'd grown fond of the art. It gave her comfort, knowing that she could use it to beat down any perverts who came after her- It had happened. You should have seen the look on the police officers' faces when she told them.

But Heather didn't know if she wanted to follow this mysterious letter, er, scroll. She had no idea who this 'Master Xian Wah' was. Why should she do as he said and leave behind everything she 's ever known? Still, there was a part of her that wanted to go. Her mind fought for both sides. One one hand her mind told her 'No. Imagine what it would do to your father! First your mother, then you.' But the other side argued 'Do it! You're tired of this life, and you haven't spoken with your father since you moved out. He won't know the difference.'

Heather heaved a sigh, and decided to sleep on it. How could she make such a decision with her mind so tired? But even as she drifted into sleep, her mind kept calling;

"You have nothing to lose. Just go..."
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Xai turned as she heard someone say something. She once again became alarmed. She hissed slightly as her ears perked up. She turned around to be greeted by an older man that was a little bit taller then her. "I...I am...who are you...?" She asked and then shook her head. "Your Sensei Xian Wah...so what are we supposed to do now.

She set down her suitcase. and looked around. The place was very secluded and quiet. It was on a mountain, so so far it looked like they'd have to hike up to the Dojo. She was suddenly struck with a very important question. ' Exactly what will we be learning?' she thought to herself. What was advanced martial arts...what form at least?

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Alec looked down. "Well, if what I heard in a chinese dojo, the answer is elemental." He yelled. "I've heard of this place. They show you you're inner element and train you in it." He turned to Wah. "Is that true? That's the only reason I came here. You sent a ninja to deliver the notes, didn't you?

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Wah smiled warmly at them all and nodded pointing up to the school "iit's enough for now to know I will answer your questions at dinner. Get inside now all of you the dorms are marked with the male and female symbols so you can not miss them." He stood firm and lowered his arms seeing the look on Xai's face and hearing Alec's question he added to them with a grin. "Lets just say that what I am teaching can't be picked up on any dojo or at any tournament." To show them he angled his body and raised his right foot prrarell with his left knee and placed his palms flat together with his head bowed in focus, suddenly he released his chi and clapped his hands with his fingers tips pointing forward and a gale of wind that whipped the kids's clothing blew strongly. He returned to standing normal and looking ahead to see the other students coming and ignoring the two of them having already tolde them to go in.

Kyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:39 pm

"Oh man! It's true! It's freaking true!" Alec exclaimed, as he bent over in excitment. He went into the dojo and opened the door to the boy's rooms. He shut the door, and ran back ouside. "I remembered, when I was at that chinese dojo, for every group, there's a guy who can't stand the rooms, he stays outside. I think I'll be that lucky dude."

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Dear Akai Houka,

You are invited to attend my secret school for advanced martial arts. If you are interested pack three weeks worth of provision along with any belongings you will need. Do not tell your friends or family and come secretly follow the map the attendants will see to your travel arrangements to China but you must reach the school on your own.

Master Xian Wah

Akai read the letter as her hair was being brushed and sitting down on her knees, she quickly put it down in her lap "Mao since Oto-sama and Oka-sama are gone for the week you and all the maids and guards have the day off today" Akai said respectfully and elegantly. "But Akai-sama we can't just leave you un..." she said worried but got cut of by Akai raising her hand so she would stop talking, "its an order Mao no questions asked...all of you must leave and no word said to my parents understood" she said calmly not looking at her, but the wall before her. "yes Akai-sama" she said calmly and then got up and bowed then left to give the others the order of them been able to leave for the day. Once Mao closed the screen door of her room, Akai got up and headed to her closet and pulled out two bags, she calmly in one put her clothes,ordinary ones, and her fighting clothes, her gloves, her katana, 2 daggers, 3 books and her school bag with her other belongings and a first aid just in case. In her other bag, she planned to put food in it, once the maids and guards left for the day, meaning the early afternoon.

Akai waited for early afternoon she knew it would be dangers for her to travel for who she was but if there was a person who could teach her how to fight with her element she wouldn't pass that chance for nothing in her life even if it cost it. Once she knew the maids and guards had left Akai went to the kitchen and put food in her bag,closed food bags of course, once done she headed to her room and fixed her kimono and check if everything was okay and nodded. She grabbed her two bags and turned of the lights and took her umbrella with her and walked out of the ancient-like house and headed to the location she was to be at, she was strong then she looked, that was always the mistake many fighter that faced Akai made.

Akai arrived at her destination and looked around her she saw four others, but stayed a few feet away from them she placed her bags in the ground and fixed her umbrella, the sun was hot so she got lucky on bring this. She moved her hand a bit it was a bit numb, while Akai did that she heard a voice and looked up it was an old man and she heard him ask if they were the students that were to attend Akai smilied a small smile a master... she thought and grabbed her bags and headed up the mountain,to a normal person this would have been very difficult, but due to tough training and excersies this was easy for Akai. Once she arrived were she need she opened the door and walked in, she was somewhat near were the male master had spoken and heard him say something about dorms and such, so she looked at the doors and found the female room and opened the door and walked in. She placed her things down and closed her umbrella and then headed back to where the master was, "So your Master Xian Wah...Its a pleasure to meet you I hope to learn a lot from you and your dojo..." Akai said to him and bowed respectfully as any Japanese would.
Noble Born in Chaos
~Please join! Two spots currently free. We need Amerigo before we can start.~

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:42 pm

Master Wah smiled and raised his hands to her indicating bowing was unnecessary especially since he was Chinese. "No need for such formal bowing child, come get settled and join the rest of the students inside." He smiled and breathed a sigh of relief as he went and got the feast plated the last student had arrived and his second would be arriving soon. He had heard that they were sending someone he knew but he was not sure how to handle it that boy had always been a hell raiser during his time at the school as a student but his fighting spirit could not be denied. He was sure the students would not know how to take him and he laughed a little thinking of their shocked faces when they uncovered the true nature of this painful brutal training. They had each proved themselves able to compensate with arduous training and battle but it was not uncommon for people to die during the harsh training. His own master had been a harsh and cruel and old bastard who seemed to get pleasure from beating the students he was similar in his methods but not as cruel and he did not really enjoy beating the students just a little. After all pain is a part of the training or your body would not be able to handle the stress of using such powers which puts a strain on your muscles like nothing else to be compared with.

Kyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:52 pm

Jin walks out off his room only in boxers, he liked to sleep, he walked out on the porch and inhaled the fresh air and yawns as he stretches. He lets out a sigh as he notices the old man and some new students. "Damn...I'm not training them" he growled as he walked back into his room, then his stomach roared. "Hungry...need food" he groaned as he walked out and headed to the kitchen.

There he saw a feast, he sat down and started to eat everything he came over, he was still in his boxers even, he ignored if people saw him, he had nothing to be ashamed off. He gulped down some water and practically inhaled anything with proteins in it, he also made sure to get everything the body needed. He took some pills and gulped them down as well before he cracked every joint in his body and stood up, he yawned and stretched as he started to walk away bored. He had no interest in introducing himself to them yet, he walked over to his room which he had taken by himself, he had arrived when the master hadn't been looking, he hadn't even introduced himself to him. But then again, he wasn't one to bother with such formalities. He headed to his room, it was a mess, he laid down on his bed and fell asleep again.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Alec walked into the dojo to see the feast, and a a guy gorging on it. He sat in a seat and started eaing everything he saw. When he was full, Alec walked back out. "Hey guys, there's a bunch of food here!"

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:11 pm

Akai straightened herself and nodded, she heard a guy yell back to her and the others, she had eaten already so she wasn't hunger so she headed back to the room and looked through her bags to make sure everything she head brought was there. She took out a book and walked over to teh room were everyone was eating and kneeled down and started reading her book quietly, she also hoped the other girls who were to come would be nice and not snobby like the ones in her all girls private school. Akai sat there and kept reading, waiting to hear and see what other instruction she was going to be given by the dojo's master.

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:23 pm

"Oh my God, it's beautiful!" Needless to say, Heather's adventurous side won her over. With her food pack much lighter than when she started, and her body in need of a bath and a good rest, she walked into the valley. In addition to the valley she saw the large dojo where she would be training. It was all so breath-taking!

Telling herself that a bed was not far off, she marched on towards the dojo. Heather could see the other who were training outside. It was hard to imagine that she would be doing similar training soon enough. Now, to find this Master Xian Wah fellow.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Jin couldn't sleep, he blamed the new students for that, he stood in front of a wooden pole in with ropes on it, he looked at it carefully and took his stance, he had studied countless techniques, endless arts. He had been defeated by many, but he always improved and never game up, he had always won in the end. He looked at the pole with emotionless eyes, how to strike it? How to cut it? How to break it? None of that mattered right now, the pole wasn't there, Jin imagined that the pole was simply a mere twig he could snap with his fingers. He looked at his right hand. "27 joints, that's what I usually use when striking someone, to achieve the greatest speed and power, but you can add more to it, the weight of the head and joints in your finger, every joint matters, but that isn't enough..." he thought to himself serious. "The human body has limits, but the imagination doesn't...I believe my arm is made of thousands of joints, imagine it, then your arm would be more than enough" he thought as he stroke out standing normally at the pole, he snapped it right off using just the movements of the shoulder and down. "Still not enough..." he thought with a smile.

He walked out on the porch again and looked at the students, he put on some sweat pants and started stretching out as he looked ahead into the horizon. He didn't believe in all this element crap, he didn't like it. To use that would mean you didn't trust your own body, you had to rely on something else, it meant you betrayed your own body in order to achieve power. Jin had beaten many opponents who used these circus tricks, by using his muscles, which he had spent countless hours to perfect. He did however think learning it would be useful, after all, martial art was originally created for the weak.

Jin jumped up and down on his toes and loosened up his joints and he could feel his body starting to heat up, he walked down on the grass field and started doing katas. He had learned this from an old master, imagine an opponent, do the fight in slow-motion, figure out how the body moves, look at the opponent and figure out what he's going to do before he does it to you. He started to seat heavily, he wasn't even doing anything quickly, but his body got pumped up. He continued to stretch on the grass as he looked at the students, he noticed one of them and his jaw almost hit the ground. "Wow..." he said as he looked at Heather, he then studied the rest of them, they were no match in strength he could tell, but Jin had gotten his ass kicked by an old man before, he was just a child against him in strength, yet he had tossed his body all over the place. Aikido...a dangerous martial art, he had learned the basics, but still he was a rookie when it came to many martial arts.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:27 am

Xai walked in with her bags going over to one of the rooms that was empty, she wasn't sure if this could be used as her room but it was empty so she claimed in, setting down her bags she walked back out to the food area, not that she was the least bit hungry, but just to see how the rest of her...teammates, as she called them, acted. She looked up to see another person. Her eyes studied him for s second, seeing as he wasn't a student he was probably a helper.

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:35 am

OOC- My chara's actually gonna stay outside, you know that, right?
IC- Alec walked outside, and saw the same guy that ate all of the egg rolls. He walked over to him. "So, are you the department of child torture here? Cause' I have an idea." He said

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!