Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

4 Elements School of Martial Arts IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: 4 Elements School of Martial Arts IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:45 am

Wah came out and saw Jin doing some warm ups, he smiled as he obsereved his former student. He decided that this would be the best way to get the training started and did some stretches himself. His old joints creaked like a door with rusty hinges. His body old though it was was still a deadly force to be reckoned with and he walked over to the a large bell and rang it three times to announce the mornings exercises were to begin. He walked over to the training dolls and began demonstrating some of his two thousand year old techniques. Chinese kenpo was one of the oldest and most long lived form of martial arts and Wah had spent his life perfecting it. Though right now they were taking a lax attitude towards the training it was no joke to him. He had been disapointed because his last group of students all died during the exhibition with Kanzoko's students which was a big part of the reason Jin was here this time. He would not have to worry about him coddling the students what they needed was to have their asses kicked over and over until the truth began to sink in to them.

One by one he watched as all his last students were killed in combat, he had known they were too lax with their training but decided to be spiteful and let them lose their fights. He had not expected every one of them to get killed and disgrace himn like that. Kanzoko had ridiculed him ever since and he was burning to redeem himself as a master and a fighter. If his students all died again then he would be forced to advocate his position as the schools master and a new master would be selected. He had no intentions of allowing that to happen easily so he rounded up the students, "alright everyone lets see what you all can do here." He told them "we will be sparring all of this day so I can evaluate your abilities along with my assistant Jin."
Join the animal kingdom and release your inner beast

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=29415

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:51 am

Xai looked up as Sensei spoke. 'Sparring eh...sounds like a good idea' She thought to her self as she pushed herself off the wall going over to stand in front of Sensei. "So who are we sparring against...?"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:28 am

Jin groaned. "Aw come on old man, why do I have to supervise their training?" he asked as he scratched his head in annoyance, he knew the old man was sensitive about the whole training part. He had lost all his former students on the last tournament, Jin himself had also been in that tournament a long time ago. He was the first one to ever win without using the power of the elements, he had beaten his enemies to death, broken their arms, twisted their spine, crushed their heads and so on, he was a brutal fighter who only relied on his body. That was maybe why he was summoned here, to train their bodies, because...when people started to learn about their elements they neglected their body training, lightning would strike from heaven, you could control wind and all that, it was impressive, but that had been Jin's opponents Achilles heel, when Jin had managed to get in close to them he had crushed them. He wasn't very much liked in the martial arts circles, he didn't practice any sort of martial art, he was a floater, he learned as much as he could from as many as he could.

Jin lay down on the grass and yawned. "Fine...but don't destroy anything, you'll have to repair it then" he said as he rolled over to the edge of the field and looked at them in a lazy manner. He wasn't going to show he was interested, this was to maybe piss them off, make them think he was an asshole, making them think: That bastard, he's our trainer? I*ll show him just how strong I am!
Classic...Jin would always piss his students off at him, he had even some trying to kill him in his sleep, this of course didn't work out well as he had beaten them within an inch of their lives. Anger and hate was a good motivation, but it was a double edged sword, Jin was careful to show his good sides as well. Jin's motivation was simple, he loved to crush his opponents into the ground, loved to see the life disappear from their eyes, kind of sick, but that was how he was. He wanted to become the seconds strongest in the world, he had changed his goal, if he was the second strongest, that meant he had just one person above him, which he could always aim at when he was training, also everybody would challenge the one above him, that would give Jin a lot of free time.

Xorn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:50 pm

"Sparring, eh? Finally, My specialty!" Alec exclaimed. He looked around. He then looked at Wah. "Can I use my sword?" he asked.

Sporian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Heather was directed inside to where the girls would be staying. It was a simple, small room, with four beds. One of the beds already appeared occupied. She shrugged and dropped her belongings on a bed on the far right wall. She liked having the wall there, it was something to lean against. For that reason, her father had always said she had a cat-like quality- her like of small spaces.

Having eaten her last protein bar, Heather was not too hungry. But, seeing as this was a place of training, she ate a few morsels of chicken before wandering back outside. There was a topless guy training, showing off his brute strength it seemed. All the others training had even the smallest bits of elemental skills showing. It seemed like this guy was going out of his way to avoid using elemental ability.

A couple of other new arrivals were observing as well. They looked younger than her, for the most part. There was one black haired guy who looked like he might be older. Then an elderly man- though his muscles showed that he could probably beat down anyone much younger- spoke up. 'That must be Master Xian Wah,' Heather thought to herself.

"Alright everyone, let's see what you all can do here." He announced to the new arrivals as Heather stepped up to join the group. "We will be sparring all of this day so I can evaluate your abilities, along with my assistant Jin."

'And Jin must be the topless show-off,' She thought herself. This was confirmed when the guy complained about having to supervise their training. Even so, he submitted. And, quite arrogantly, he flopped down on the grass and simply told them not to break anything or they'd have to fix it. Not that she intended on breaking anything. This guy was strange.

The others seemed quite eager to show off, though the youngest girl seemed to show it more inwardly. Shows how young they were, at least it showed how immature the one who asked to use his sword was. He were probably self-taught. Every martial art Heather had ever heard of taught that their skills were not for showing off. And, as a personal opinion, using a weapon showed that you were less versatile than those who could fight well without.

"Use a sword? Not confident that you can beat anyone without it?" Heather said, not even looking the kid in the eye. He would probably take it as a challenge, but she didn't particularly care. She would give him a good fight whether he had his stupid sword or not.
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Akai closed her book and stood up she undid you sash and let her kimono fall of, underneath she wore a black sleeveless shirt,black shots and black boots, she took out her black fingerless gloves from her pocket and put them on she then tied her hair in a ponytail and calmly walked over to Master Xian Wah. Akai didn't say a word and just stood next to what seemed the eldest of the group, a female, she waited for further instructions. Sparring sounded like fun she would love to see what the rest of the students fighting styles were and how good they were, she ignored the other males commentary due that she thought his rumbling was unnecessary and some it seemed he tried to get on their bad side for some reason. Akai shrugged it off, she was taught to always keep a cool head when in battle since she could control fire and fire was very wild at times and hard to control if not focused properly.
Noble Born in Chaos
~Please join! Two spots currently free. We need Amerigo before we can start.~

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Jin was bored, this wasn't even going to be interesting, he stood up and dusted off his pants. "Tsch...I'm off old man, I have no need to look at their fight" he pointed out arrogant, he was trying to get under their skin. "After all, they are all just spineless cowards who can't rely on the perfect weapon" he smirked arrogant as he walked off with his hands in his pockets. "Still brats..." he chuckled as he passed the students with a cocky grin. "I'm headed for town, I'm going to get drunk, don't wait up!" he shouted as he went over to a table and put on a simple jacket. He then walked off not looking back, he had the mean job, being the asshole, he didn't like it, but then again someone had to be that one. He walked down the road, but jumped in the forest when no one was looking. He sneaked his way back to his room and sat down on the porch looking down on them. He had been lying, he just hoped he had managed to piss them off so much they wouldn't notice it. He kept hidden so they wouldn't see him, but kept a sharp glare at them. "Now then, let's see how you do" he smiled gently.

-Flashback-
Jin at the age of 16.

Jin had just beaten a guy to death in a tournament as he stood over him covered in blood he stomped on him and shouted in the sky, he was the winner, but no one seemed to approve off him. He was just a savage beast after all, relying on pure strength and brutality, he was no martial artist. He didn't mind them, but as he walked off the stage he was approached by Alec "Kanzoko" Creed. "Such raw talent, will you join me, with you by my side you can easily become the strongest warrior there is, just accept my offer and learn the dark elements. I'm sure you will become an angel of death" he said with a smile.
Jin who was tired off all this bullshit about elements, spiritual power, ki and those other circus tricks, rejected his offer and walked off, but was stopped by this man yet again. "I can make you stronger, learn my ways and become something no one has ever seen before" Alec said with a smile, a fake smile. Jin looked at the man and accepted the offer, he was trained hard alright, but he loved it. He also mastered the metal element, but the others were out of his reach as he simply vanished after a year. He traveled all around China and challenged everyone he could, he was looked upon as a demon which always came back to fight.

Jin at the age of 17.

Jin started learning about elements, he figured if every grand master was using it he might as well learn how to beat it, he quickly learned about them, but failed to master them. This of course didn't bug him that much, he then heard of an old master who could teach him about the other elements. He found him and studied under him, he was brought through hell and back, but loved every moment, he was of course a little stubborn, he refused to show if he had learned it or not. He then left the old man and continued on his journey.

-End flashback-

Jin chuckled to himself as he sat in the chair while holding two buckets with water straight out with his hands. "That old geezer sure didn't hold back" he laughed slightly. He had done many bad things in his days, but didn't regret it, he had learned from them. He didn't care what other people thought about him, he only wanted to become stronger.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante_Page on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:10 pm

By the time Dante arrived at the place everyone else was already there. They were even starting to spar from what he could see. With his things still on his back and a bottle of water in his free hand he walked up to the elder and tapped him lightly onnthe shoulder.
"Sorry to bother you, but my name is Dante Page. I receved this scroll..." he says, holding it out to him. "I'm not to late for the trainning am I?" he asks curiously, looking around and feeling a little left out.
Letting a deep breath out he sets his bags down and stretches his back a little. He was tired from the long hike to the dojo, but he had enjoyed it. He'd always enjoyed the mountains and had hated it when his father had moved them away from then to get a new start on things after his mother died.
Unseal the hushed casket.
- Cortana
In the end, the older generations always sacrifice themselves for the newer ones, so that the children that make the new generation can have it better than they themselves did.
- a lesson from Naruto

http://apps.facebook.com/naruto_app/invite/?player_id=59217&h=15eba7100b818f061501969591749860 - a link to a naruto game on Facebook, join my clan if you want.

Dante_Page
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:11 pm

"Oh, is that a challenge I hear?" Alec put his hand around his ear. He threw his sword aside and went into "His" fighting position, Which was completly exposed. This was just to piss them off.

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Xai looked over at the girl who made the comment about Alec and then over at Alec. He seemed to take it as a mockery. She narrowed her eyes at him but decided to approach the situation even better. Walking over to him she tapped him on the shoulder. "Excuse me...may I interrupt...only for a second...it's important." She smiled at him looking quite innocent.

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Alec turned around to see Xai and her beautiful eyes. "Yes? By the way, name's Alec. And I don't give out my last name cause' then they can track me." alec said.

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Xai smiled putting her hand on his shoulder smiling. Just as quick though she swiped her foot under both his feet taking her right hand pushing down on his chest. He hit the ground with a thud. She smirked as she loomed over him. "Don't get to cocky, and don't let your guard down Alec." She winked at him as she got up walking away going to pick up a rice ball off the table.

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Alec rolled backwards right before he hit the ground, and decided he could make some use out of this. After he rolled right up. Being right next to the girl that mocked him, he swiped his foot under her's with his hand on her chest.

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Jin left, obviously having the same opinion of this kid wanting to use his sword as Heather. She smirked a bit, and heard the lie in his blatant 'honesty' about going into town to get drunk. Anyone who lived at a dojo like this and intended on doing such a thing would never say such a thing right out. Whatever the case, he was ditching.

"Oh, is that a challenge I hear?" The kid pulled out his sword and took up a completely idiotic fighting stance that left him completely open. But then the youngest, a black haired girl, tapped him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me...may I interrupt...only for a second...it's important." She asked him, looking too innocent for her own good.

"Yes? By the way, name's Alec. And I don't give out my last name cause' then they can track me." Oh My God! Was he serious? That was one of the lamest attempts at seeming cool she'd ever heard! But this chick just smiled and gripped his shoulder. All in one instant she swept her leg under his and pushed him in the chest. The next thing he knew, he was on the ground.

"Don't get to cocky, and don't let your guard down Alec." She said rather calmly as she loomed over Alec. Heather let out a short laugh. He deserved it, the punk. She then noticed a black-haired guy who'd approached the master while all of this was happening. Finally, she wasn't the oldest newbie!

Edit: Suddenly she felt something impact the back of her legs. That wouldn't have been so bad, but she felt a hand on her chest as well. Falling to the ground, she arched her back and reached her hands back. This caused her to land in a back-bend. Heather pushed off and completed her flip-flop with force behind her kick, hoping to land a hit on that freak, Alec. He wouldn't get away with touching her like that.

((Sorry. Usually the site tells me about new posts before I can post, myself. Apparently it glitched. -_-))
Last edited by EikouNekoChan on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:24 pm

IC- Alec was kicked right in the face by the backflip-kick. Alec was still up and standing.
Last edited by Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Jin shakes his head as he sees the students fight. "Geez...these kids doesn't seem to be very disciplined" he thought to himself as he walked back in and undressed, he then put on his loose pants which had been made in steel fibres making it heavy, his socks the same, shoes were filled with weights. He put on his t-shirt made out of the same, then a simple black jacket with a white dragon on the back. He cracked his neck and decided to go down and make some order, he wasn't going to get any information this way. "These clothes are heavy" he sighed, they weigh about 80 kilos and really slowed him down.

He walked down to them with his hands in his pockets, he walked in front of them and sighed as he scratched his head lightly. "The name's Jin, but don't add anything behind it please, makes me feel old" he added as he looked at them. "I'm not impressed with what I see, you're already fighting amongst yourselves? Hey kid" he said as he pointed at Alec. "Stop being so hot headed" he said stern, he then pointed at Xai. "Nice take down, but you don't know if he had an injury, you could have severely injured him, please be more careful. You!" he said as he pointed at Heather. "Good work on composing your stance" he pointed out as he sighed. "To the rest of you, welcome you, I'm going to be your instructor, you don't have to like me or anything, but you will listen to what I have to say or at least pretend" he said with a bored look. "Okay, the old man said sparring, but to measure your talent I will ask each of you to fight me, but use only 30 percent of your real strength, aikido and all that is allowed with full strength though. I would also like you to show me your element" he pointed out. He looked at them with a bored look again. "So...who's first? And just as a final note, this isn't about winning so don't loose your head and come at me with full strength, keeping your emotions at bay is a powerful tool. Then again, knowing how to use your emotions is also a great feat in itself" he said as he walked to the middle of the lawn. "Anything goes, except weapons, we don't want any serious injuries on the first day after all" he said in his usual monotone voice.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:10 pm

Alec turned to see Jin. "Sorry, sir." He said in his non- cocky voice, which you almost never hear. After he heard about fighting Jin, Alec smiled. "I would love the opportunity to be first, sir." Alec asked nicely.

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:13 pm

Akai watched the other students sort of playfully fighting, as the way she saw it, and didn't say anything about it, she turned her head to her gloves and looked at the symbol they possessed, it was the same mark her really hand possessed. It was a mark her previous master had given her due to her defecting him in a all or nothing match. Akai remember that match well, she almost died on it half way her master was proud of her and she made her vow that when ever she was faced with another master or a tough situation that she would do what she always did and never hold back unless told to. Akai sighed and then heard the same male she had seen speak, he gave them an introduction and instructions. She turned her head and faced him, Akai looked at the other students waiting to see who would challenge the man first, and she thought of how to show her element to him as well. She could tell this man was not an easy opponent even though he looked rather bored and felt like not been there. Akai tightened her tie in her hair and fixed her gloves calmly and waited if no one challenged him first she would just to take a wing at it.

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Jin sighs as he scratches his head. "Why am I not surprised?" he thought as he looked at him. "Fine, come when you're ready" he simply said as he took his stance, a karate stance, he had his right foot forward and his right hand, his left hand placed at his waist ready. His bored look was still on his face as he motioned with his right hand to Alec. Jin looked at the kid and knew this was going to be a pain in the ass, he hated it when people used their elements, but he also knew he needed to know about them. The more he knew the more h could help, damn he hated this...He couldn't even perfect himself, what made the old man think he could train others then, maybe that was why. The fact that Jin never seemed to get enough, he always wanted more, even when he thought he had achieved perfection he still wasn't pleased. "Tsch...what a pain" he thought.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:43 pm

Alec walked towards him, and got into a regular fighting stance instead of "His" Stance. Jin was already pissed, why make him even more? Alec cleared his mind and closed his eyes, and thought only of his opponent. Alec opened his eyes and ran towards Jin's left side. While he was running, Alec's feet crackled with electricity. He faked a punch to Jin's left kidney, then tried a roundhouse kck to Jin's head using his right foot.

Sporian
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!