Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

4 Elements School of Martial Arts IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: 4 Elements School of Martial Arts IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Jin looked at Alec and had already seen his element. "Interesting, that's quite an element" he thought as he was kicked by Alec's kick on the right temple, he got hit bad, but managed to stay on his feet. "30 percent huh? Not bad..." he thought as he was making a profile on this kid. Jin then stood back up and delivered a slow punch towards Alec's face, this was in fact just to see how he would react. "Nice feint, nice footwork, but needs more strength. Should give him the stairs from hell" he thought as he sent the punch.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Xorn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Alecblocked it with a left outside block, and grabbed Jin's hand with it. He tried a kidney punch to his exposed side, his feet still crackling from electricity.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sporian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Jin took the punch as he gritted his teeth and then smiled. "Good, I think that's enough" he simply said as he coughed slightly. "I think I know what I have to do" he said as he cracked his back. "Next please" he said. He had just taken a beating, but Jin didn't learn anything if he was too focused on the fight, so instead he focused everything in his opponent. He walked back to the middle and had his bored look again. "As you can see, this isn't a real fight, when I think I have enough on you, the fight is over. I'm not saying I know everything, but I know the basics" he said as he put his hands on his hips.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:08 pm

"Wait, this is just an examination?" alec asked. He got out a pen and started spinning it in his hands really fast. He threw it up in the air and caught it, instantly starting to spin it again.

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:37 pm

"Mind if I'm next?" Heather slide into a fighting stance, slightly crouched and with one leg stretched out before her. She brought her palms up in a defensive position around her torso. In this position she was balanced and she could easily block most moves. "I don't know my element quite yet, but I'll give it my best shot."

Heather knew this 'Jin' would be a hard challenger, and he delt with Alec well. Of course, she had observed Alec's attempt as well. He had the advantage of being able to use his element, while Heather had no clue what her's was. Even so, she'd give this trial her best, so Jin could get an accurate judgment of her skills.
While the Darkness is powerful and versatile, only the LIGHT has the power to give peace. While the Darkness numbs the pain, only the LIGHT can completely heal that pain. And while the Darkness makes the bad in the world seem less, bad it is only lessened because it immerses you in that badness, making you tolerant. The LIGHT may make obvious the bad, but with that comes truth and sight.

I've not been online in awhile, but if you miss me and wanna contact me, message me on tumblr~
yuusha-no-kibou.tumblr

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Akai watched as Alec and Jin fought, she was impressed byt their skill though she could tell that Jin was holding back that sort of intrigued her curiosity. She kept watching tell the "fight" was over and then Jin asked who would be next and then a girl stepped in, let's see how she fights... she thought calmly in her head and watched as the two began.
Noble Born in Chaos
~Please join! Two spots currently free. We need Amerigo before we can start.~

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Jin looked at her and nodded slightly as he took the same karate stance and looked at her. "Come..." he simply said, he already knew this challenge would be different, her pose...it reminded him off a time he had gotten his ass beaten bad. "Tai Chi perhaps?" he thought, but somehow it was different, the air around it felt different. He looked at her legs and then upwards until his eyes met hers. She was weaker than him, far weaker in muscle strength, but Jin knew better than most that when faced with a master of an art strength could easily be overcome. "Doesn't matter, your element will come in time, that's for the old man to teach you. I'm here to strengthen your bodies so the elements are really just an attachment. You won't be using them with me" he said as he took a slight step forward, his right hand loose while his left slightly tightened. "Just do what you want, but remember, hold back" he said in his usual monotone voice, Jin only got excited when he was fighting or sleeping with women. He could smile if he was satisfied, but it was rare.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:02 pm

"Hey!" Alec exclaimed before the girl went in to fight. "When you're attacking, don't think about your element. It'll come to you! I had no idea what my element was until I ran towards him!" He yelled.

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Now this Alec kid was trying to help her? He was rather unpredictable. But for now, she'd follow Jin's advice. She didn't want to rely on something she was sure about yet.

Heather was relieved that Jin took up a similar stance to her. While is was a balanced position, it took someone very creative to manipulate it to its full efficiency. His center of gravity was low, so it would be difficult to knock him down successfully, but a body blow made little sense at this point. What if she combined the two?

Heather swiftly closed the distance between them, and got in very close to Jin. Her right leg came in front to knock Jin's left leg out from under him, while her arms were raised above her checking Jin's arms so he couldn't land a blow. Now her leg was under him and she took brought her arms down to grip his legs just above the knees. While she was not good at holding back, she did her best to do so when she shoved into Jin, causing his body to fall backwards into the grass with a sound thud. And, having learned her lesson with Alec, she quickly flipped backwards and out of the range of Jin's legs, and took up her stance again.

And all of this took place in a matter of seconds.

((XD I found that move in a Tai Chi vid on Youtube! Didn't originally plan to use it, though. You should have heard the thud the assistant made when he hit the floor during the demonstration.))

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Jin's surprised by the move and the tackle as he falls on his back and coughs. "Good balance, nice timing and coordination, that's a strange way off Tai Chi alright" he thought as he stood up and cracked his neck. He was glad he had warmed up first, that had hurt a little. "She seems to like take down which relies on breaking my balance, interesting, but can she punch and kick?" he wondered with himself as he took the same stance and slowly edged his way towards her, he wasn't going to let her take him down this time. His blue eyes pierced into her as he loosened both hands and took another approach. This wasn't karate anymore, but jiu-jitsu, the old way.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Heather smiled at the coughs Jin let out before standing. He had a slightly surprised look on his face as he stood, craking his neck. He seemed to like to do that. Soon, though, he resumed his stance slunk towards her. His stance was a tad different. Perhaps he was taking another approach? Tai Chi Chuan was a largely defensive art. Most punches and kicks required instigation from the opponent. Heather was okay with this; she crouched a a bit further down in a more defensive stance. She would let Jin come to her.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Jin sees her stance and cocks his head to the side and dashes forward trying to grab her hand, he wasn't going to punch or kick, that would result in a counter throw or something like that, he was trying to pull out a punch, after that he would be done with her. Jin wasn't that much of a talker, he didn't even associate himself with others even. He was here to do a job, that's all. He grabbed her hand and clenched the hand while standing still, this was to make it difficult to try a throw, the best would be a hit.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Alec watched the fight, acting to be interested. He was plotting his revenge against the girl who tripped him. He snuck over to the girl behind her, and slowly put his foot behind her feet. He then pulled her shoulder, and swept his foot at the same time.
Last edited by Sporian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sporian
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Heather readied herself as Jin dashed forward. However, he did something rather unexpected. He gripped her hand tightly. This made a throw impossible. She smirked; that didn't mean she couldn't get him to the ground. She pulled the hand he was holding inward, forcing him into her outstretched elbow. It collided solidly with his shoulder as she managed to pull her hand free. She brought the bony side of her newly freed forearm into his side. Soon after, she brought the forearm of the other arm into the side of Jin's neck and forced him downward. Figuring that was enough for one encounter she jumped backward and resumed her stance.

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Jin stopped himself from falling and stood back up, he moved his head from one side to another as he sighed. "I guess that's good enough" he simply said as he yawned and walked off, it wasn't that he wasn't in pain, he just didn't show it. "I guess that's all for now, I'm tired off getting beaten around. I'll check out the rest afterwards" he said as he walked past them and headed to the kitchen. He sat down and started to inhale large portions of meat, he always had a large appetite. He ripped off pieces off meat using his jaw and teeth, he had actually large corner teeth. Many people made jokes on him being more of an animal than a man, he didn't care. He chewed large pieces off meat and other nutritious he needed. He was impressed with the two so far, they would reach far, but he still had some left, he hated this part, he had to take a beating and just stand there taking it. He would crush them later on, but then again...he couldn't, he would give them hell instead.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EikouNekoChan on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Jin managed to regain his standing position and resumed his normal, uninterested expression.

"I guess that's good enough." He yawned and began walking off. "I guess that's all for now, I'm tired off getting beaten around. I'll check out the rest afterward."

Heather, however was smiling at her demonstration. She not only knocked him down, she landed multiple blows on him. And she wasn't using her full strength either. She wondered what Jin thought of that- as he was noticeably more nonchalant than earlier, which probably meant he was hiding pain. At least, that was how Heather usually hid pain.

But, overall this was a pretty good start to her time here. Even if she didn't find her element right off like Alec, she caused more damage overall. Her fight also went longer than Alec's. Heather took this as a good sign. But, since she wasn't hungry, she didn't follow Jin inside. Plus, after the beat-down she just given him, she might be one of the last people he wanted to see. Instead she turned to her fellow students.

"I think I did pretty good," She shrugged, smiling. "By the way, I'm Heather Francois."

((Getting off for tonight. I had fun 'sparring'. ^-^ I haven't roleplayed a 'fight' for a long time now.))

EikouNekoChan
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AyaAmayaMiyu on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Akai was very impressed with the older female, she now had found a great respect for her even though she didn't know her at all. She saw as Jin left and the women when she didn't follow, she then heard the girl introduce herself and Akai as proper as she was raised had to reply back to her introduction. "I'm Akai Houka..." Akai said respectfully and bowed to the women respectfully as well and then straightened herself, facing her. "your skills in Tai Chi are amazing never seen Tai Chi before but I've heard a great deal of it, it very interesting" she said calmly and smiled a bit to Heather.

AyaAmayaMiyu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xorn on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:40 am

Jin finished eating and stood up, he still had some people he had to take a beating from, he walked out and onto the lawn again, he had his hands in his pockets and his usual bored look on his face. "Next one" he simply said bored. two left, then he could finally be done with this. He didn't like taking beatings, in fact, he hated it. Just standing there, giving himself away, but then again he was just here because the old man asked him. He was however impressed with the two so far, they showed promise, but they were no where near his level yet, he could take them all out at once if he wanted to. Even the old man stood no chance against him in a fight. He wanted to devour all his enemies, his only goal was the one standing at the top, he didn't know what kind of motivation these other kids had, but to him, only the best would do.

Xorn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dboyone on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:17 am

Dear Ian Grey You are invited to attend my secret school for advanced martial arts. If you are interested pack three weeks worth of provision along with any belongings you will need. Do not tell your friends or family and come secretly follow the map the attendants will see to your travel arrangements to China but you must reach the school on your own. Master Xian Wah

uh huh
he thought to himself where they will teach me to fly like a drunken pig he saw his mom packing him up for boarding school. hmm... maybe ill go investigate this place. he dashed into his room and looked at the map. sorry Larsen, he thought (Larsen was the school name. but ive been inrolled in another scool

When Ian reached the forest he frowned. There were far to many trees and he thought that there might be dangerous animals. They wouldn't put us in danger, this is a school He walked farther into the forest his confidence restored. He ignored the thump that he heard. That was a deadly mistake.
The shape of a tiger lunged at him and he rolled to the side. The tiger landed lightly and sprung again. Ian grabbed the tiger and shifted his wait, tossing the beast to the side. Then he ran. The tiger pursued quickly and lunged as he passed a tree. he darted backward and the startled tiger tried to twist around the tree to get at him, but it just crashed into the tree and fell to the ground.
Ian ran blindly into the forest and eventually ended up at the base of the mountain. At the top was a temple. Real nice, a mountain. he sighed and began to climb.
It is proven that 90% of teens would have a mental breakdown if Miley Cyrus were to stand on the edge of a 6 story building

Post this in your sig if you are the 10% yelling "JUMP B!TCH!!"

dboyone
Member for 15 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:51 am

Xai looked at Jin when he said something about her taking down Alec. She didn't say anything but she nodded her head. Watching the rest of the people fight she realized she would have to try really hard, seeing out not only was she the shortest out of all them but the youngest. She had already decided that she would go last so she just sat on the side lines and watched. She was watching the fight when her ears perked up and Alec approached her pulling her back, thank good for her feline flexibility. She let her pull her down, but she caught herself with her right hand turning slightly hooking her right leg around the front of his neck and finally putting both her hands down brought him down in a full headlock with her legs. "You just might have succeeded if I hadn't heard you, but you walk heavy."
ImageImageImageImageImage

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!