Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Straining For Survival~A Medieval Adventurous Tale [IC]

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.
Jumping slightly at the sudden loud smack that came from Naia's hand, a small snicker escaped her. Ouch... Listening to her words, she shrugged. Caiden deserve that. It just shocked her that Naia did it. Someone was going to end up doing it one of these days. Narrowing her eyes on her brother as he spoke, she sighed. He was angry about being slap but that just made it so sweet. "He's not the king yet... And he might want to learn how to speak to people if he want things to go his way."

Turning her attention back to Sky's words, a grin spread across her face. '"So it's final. We have a new ally. Well it''s a pleasure to have you by our side, Sir Aeros. And don't worry about Caiden. He'll come through." she said cheerfully. Now things were beginning to turn good. They now had a new ally, well more like an old ally but still someone who knew the ways of demons. Yawning, she glanced at the sky. "Too bad the sun's coming up though..." she stated as the sun began to peak over the trees. "So much for a good night's rest." she chuckled.

Stretching, Faith glanced around at their small little group. "So should we be getting ready for our trip? Or you sleeping heads still want to relax in bed?" She teased. Funny, Faith was eager to set out after all this talking and deciding. She just wanted to know what place will they go first. The princess was ready to get out and meet new faces. But she also was ready to fight for her crown.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xXLoVeLeSsAnGeLXx
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Straining For Survival~A Medieval Adventurous Tale [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Crackle the sound of a hearty fire sounded across the woods and with gutso Aeoni tore into the roasted pidgeon he so eagerly had cooked. In just a few moments he had finished his small meal and smothered the fire determine to make it to a town before nightfall. He scratched his shaggy white hair and sighed patting the empty pouch he kept his gold in, Even a half-demon needed money for things. "I must be nearing the elven border now, wonder if they'll accept someone like me."

He glanced at the Ring that kept his Demonic form hidden and remembered what the witch had said when she handed it to him."This ring will hide your true face, but like many other spells it will wear off in time, i can only hope you will be readily accepted into the world when the time comes". Aeoni chuckled, he doubted the world would ever come to terms with his kind. Shouldering his pack he stepped back into the forest and twisted when he suddenly heard voices.

Instinct took over and with a sharp rasp of steel, The mercenary drew his scimitar, his knuckle duster held in front as a defensive measure. He considered taking of his ring, but decided against it. Quietly he stalked towards the party and peeked from behind an oak tree. To his immediate relief, he saw only a party of Humans, angels and a dragon. They were discussing something, but he was to far to hear anything. Aeoni decided to stick to the shadows for a while and learn what he can before showing himself.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:12 pm

The Prince had been storming off towards his shelter, but he then changed his mind and headed off in another direction (of course, this was when he was out of sight of the others). He knew that they would follow him if they thought he was heading somewhere else.

For now, at this time, he came to the conclusion that he wasn't in danger and nothing was hidden in the shadow. It was a foolish thought, after all, the dragon had been. Caiden wasn't thinking of that dragon though. He was too mad at everyone for thinking he deserved to be slapped, and slapped by a child that had her head in the clouds at that. What had the world come to? Not only were they facing death almost, they were facing people with heads that weren't even screwed onto the planet.

Shaking his head, he stormed right past someone hidden in the shadows (though he had no knowledge of that person) and continued into the forest, talking to himself. "Stupid people. They don't get it. They think they do but they don't." He grumbled.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:04 pm

"Don't get what?" The quiet voice of Aeoni echoed out in the woods as he addressed the man. Sheathing his blade he raised both hands keeping his knuckle duster hidden in the shadows "Easy now, i don't plan on hurting or capturing you, i just would like ask you a few questions, My name is Aeoni Wilder, a Mercenary, lost mercenary to be exact." He said "I just need directions to a nearby town, or if i can join your little party until we reach a town." A sudden impulse to slaughter the man rose like a tidal wave and with effort, Aeoni restrained it mentally cursing his demonic nature for rising up now. He didn't need to deal with this when there a potential threat able to plant a blade in his heart

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:43 am

Jumping around, he heard the voice behind him and immediately had his sword pointing in that direction. "Who the hell are you?" He growled. When he explained he was a lost mercenary, the Prince lowered his sword slightly.

"What questions are you planning on answering? And I'll think about supplying you with an answer." Caiden told Aeoni, still watching him closely and ready to use his sword if he showed any threat towards himself.

"You'll have to ask Sky if you can join the party. Don't see why not though, I mean, he's letting everyone else join. We might as well just go up to the demons and dragons and just tell them to join our side." The Prince yapped on, sarcasm in his tone.

It was the truth though. Sky was letting a dragon join them, a deluded girl, they might as well just go to the demons and dragons that they were trying to fight and either tell them to join them so they could just come in and kill them all. It seemed like things were heading that way right now. The angel that was supposed to be protecting them was going to get them killed.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Aeoni felt a slight pang as he spoke "I take offense to that, like dragons not all demons are evil." He realized what he said and quickly added "I've got a demonic friend who's working for the side of good." A lie, But the wanderer didn't care, it's not like they were going to find out what he really was unless he made a really stupid mistake. Still, a dragon on their side?

Aeoni began to wonder if his Illusion ring covered smell as well. He decided to take no chances and slowly reached into a pouch wary of the blade held by the man. rolling up several leaves of Mint he popped it into his mouth and shivered as the intense flavor invaded every taste bud filling them with pleasure. "Alright then." Aeoni replied "I'm off to meet your group, if you still have anything against me then follow me back to the camp and stick that blade in my back if i try anything."

With those words he turned around and strode on towards the camp, his eyes taking in anything and everything. He made sure to step of a few sticks to announce his arrival. Stopping just before the group he shoved both hands into his pockets "I apologize for this rude arrival, But i'm just a currently lost Mecenary wondering if i could join your little band until we get to a town."

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Giygas on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:04 pm

"Tell me now, how long will a Man survive in freezing temperatures?"
"Meegghhh...Megghhh...Gguuhhhkkk....AGGHHH!"
"Oohhh...No need to writhe, otherwise you'll lose that hand of yours. And you don't want that, huh?"

A wicked grin. A gentle pat to the head. At least he was trying, who else could speak with a frozen tongue? Alaric had the facade of an angel but the cold heart of the devil. Alaric had very little spare time to himself, usually pining himself away either at Target shooting, Fencing Spar or reading at the Arcanum Library or when he was really free, all three. Alaric fancied himself a man of both Passion, Science and Faith, though this may mean little to the person he would be torturing. The Inn keep was situated in against a chair, with no shackles chaining his wrist to the arms of the chair nor any manacles to clamp down his ankle. Instead, he froze his wrists and ankles against the chair so that even one impulsive move would have the ice snap and disconnect his prisoner's feet and hands from his body. He hated the screams of agony from many, so as an added bonus, he froze his tongue also. If he was that patient he could just wait an agonizingly long time until the ice defrosts away.

But Alaric wasn't even thinking of letting the man live on.

Alaric grasped the man's hair, forcing him to look up the cold blonde-haired young man, a wicked grin affixed to his face. His eyes showed disgust and pity while his smile showed amusement to his suffering. What kind of man was he? Sweat dropped from his forehead, temple shiny from the oily beads that trailed his face, crossing the wide gap between his eyelids, wide from fear and pain that gripped the Inn keep's mind like a bear trap that only caused more pain the more the Innkeep watched on at his nightmare.

"Tell me, where did this...this...Light brown-haired girl with Blue eyes go after her company embarked, huh?"
"Uuhhhunnoo! UHHHUNNNO!"

Alaric sighed. This was what his superiors had warned him about. Tormenting informants was never a great idea, now that he set an example to anyone dropping small hints of advice, who would dare step up? Oh well. The more people resist, the more often he can use the Rebel card and maybe even Execute a few people to make his duty a little more than just patrolling or discussing strategies.

"Well, you've done your best, but I'm afraid we just have to-"
"Ehhhait! EEHHHAIT! EHHHAITEHHAITEHHAIT!"
"Hm?"
"Aia...Aia..."

"Aia..." Alaric said, "Aia, Aia, Aia..." He stood up, right hand softly caressing his chin in deep meditative thought, before he turned to his prisoner, smiling whimsically. "Well, thanks for your time, but, I'm afraid you're just going to have to...disappear." he said, laying a rose by his lap, much to the man's head shaking in disapproval, prompting Alaric to lean forward and smile innocently to his prisoner, "My my, I know you want to live, but I'm afraid what happened here must never make it out to the public..."

Much to the man's inaudible screaming, everywhere in his body he felt a sudden series of harsh burns overtake his body. The pain was so intense that the man's eyes whited out, brown flipping to white as frost encased him whole, errant twitches every so often the last movements of the frozen man. "Ausführungspositur: Eisige Leibeigenschaft." he muttered, turning away, hand upon his sword as each footstep created a small layer of frost beneath him, an after effect each time he used an Execution Stance. "Thank you for your time here today, I guess I will have to see you in a long while. Farewell!" he said, waving out a bit, the sound of shattering glass splitting the silence that dawned the small cell. Cold. Just the way things should be.

He was then greeted by nervous soldiers, couriers who have long known the icy cruelty of Alaric. One of them appeared to be new, shaken by his mere movement and hands loose against the wooden portion of his spear, ready to be dropped at any time should Alaric have turned on them. Oh newbies. Always making him laugh. "Search for anyone with the name 'Aia' or sounds like it. Anyone who resists, kill them then label them as Rebel. Send for me a courier on the fastest horse in the stables to send forth this message to his Domain. With haste I command you!" he said, much to the awkward bow of the two bumbling guards as they speed walked, eager to avoid any confrontation with the Margrave.

"Oh Usurpers, it's only a matter of time until I sing for you a dirge commemorating your lies before your Icy Funeral." he thought to himself, eagerly grinning at the prospect.
Your Pain is not my Pain,
It is my Fulfillment.

Giygas
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!