Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Red Rose Academy

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Red Rose Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby plumies on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:59 pm

Sapphire awoke in the nurse's room on a bed. She did not have a single dream and she wondered where she was at first. With the eyes shining into her eyes, she got up quickly. A throb remained in her head and she gripped it with her left hand looking out the window that was beside her. Sapphire dazed off slightly and remembered in detail what had just happened before she fell unconscious. For now, she will not think about it. Thinking about it would just make her head feel worse. She looked up at the clock as it ticked and tocked silently without any other sound in the room besides her breathing. Dang it. Sapphire cursed in her mind. It was already past class time. She looked around not finding the nurse and shrugged running out the door swiftly while clutching her head. She had Professor Nathan right now and knew that the class was going to be quite small. Although her head throbbed with pain although not as bad as before, her face didn't show the pain. The hallways were clear of people since class started, so she was able to get to class in only a few seconds. Despite her appearance, she was quite flexible and fast as well as good reflexes. Although she can be quite clumsy and daze off at times though no one ever saw her act like that.

Sapphire almost ran into the closed door of Professor Nathan's class and skidded to a stop before she ran the door over. The running had made her head hurt, but at least she hopefully wasn't too late for class. Sapphire looked at her dress that was now wrinkled and dirtied from tripping once. Luckily, no one saw and she continued to run. Sapphire quickly patted her dress clean and smoothed out the wrinkles and opened the door. She blinked once and stepped into the room. She stopped into her tracks as she learned that Luna, the boy from earlier whatever his name she couldn't remember, and Kestrel were in her class. She also noticed that the vampire boy had been in the middle of speaking as she entered and said, "Sorry," although the word didn't show that she actually meant it. The word was for politeness since she barged in when someone was talking which was pretty rude. Sapphire liked being polite normally unless she felt like being rude to someone. She walked over to an empty desk near the back middle and sat down quietly barely making a sound as she pulled back the chair to sit down. It seemed that they were talking about their fears or something like that. At the moment, Sapphire neither feared or hated anything except maybe for the truth of her past perhaps? Sapphire clutched her head as her head throbbed again from thinking about the past. Maybe she should have taken some pills before coming, although it was too late now. Sapphire took her hand away from her hand quickly and put it on her desk silently as to not disturb anyone. Her head still hurt, but it will eventually heal. Too bad she couldn't use her healing skills on herself, or at least not yet.

Sapphire stared at the front of the room thinking about nothing and sat there frozen for no particular reason. Not the frozen as in scared or something like that, just lost in her thoughts. Her head felt a lot better by now and she wondered why her head throbbed at thinking about her past? Was it normal? Of course not. People think about their past all the time , so why couldn't she? Sapphire sighed inwardly confused, but since she was frozen with an emotionless face, no one could tell what she was feeling or thinking. Not that anyone cared or even bothered to look at her or concern their selves with her. The other people's talking drifted into her ears and she listened from the back of her mind as it drifted out the other ear. She only caught onto a few words and still thought and thought about her past. Not trying to remember it since her head would hurt painfully, just trying to figure out why she couldn't think about her past. It was weird, someone must have sealed her memory although it was very difficult thing to do. Or, an incident had happened when she was young that made her so shocked sorrowful that she forgot her memory and her heart didn't want to remember. She thought and thought throughout the class session.
If you trip up the first time, get up and try again. If you still trip up, get up. And try try again.
Everyone messes up once in a while, even bunnies.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

plumies
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:33 pm

Luna listened to Kestrels story and was shocked to hear that she didn't want to run away from the vampire and was curious about him. Rather than run she wanted to see more, and it had been her mother that had made her run. She would probably be dead if it weren't for her mother. She wasn't racist at all, but vampires had a blood lust in them that even they could not controle for some amount of time. And then she heard Rosenthal pipe up and listened to what he had to say. After he was finished with his little rant as she would call it she glared in his direction. This was getting rediculous. It was apparent now from what he had said about rats that he didn't like humans. more than didn't like them, but hated them.

It wasn't just his tone of voice, but it was also the way his eyes loooked when he talked about them, even though he didn't actually use the word human. His lips moved in a sort of disgusted way. Without even glancing at Rosenthal she started to speek. "Maybe because the less superior rat was scared of the unknown. If the roles had been reversed then the more intelectual rat would have found a way to take over and or kill the less superior rat in order to take controle" She said and then shrugged her shoulde.r "But of course what do I know...I'm just...an inferior rat!" She spat in his direction and got up from her seet. "And if the less superior rat hadn't done anything then the more superior rat would have killed them anyway..." She said with a scowl on her face and got up from her desk and walked out of the room.

She wasn't going to take it anymore. It was obvious what Rosenthal was trying to say. Even if he hadn't used the actual word human in his story, she would have understood him completely. He absolutely loathed humans. So much so that he probably wanted them to all drop dead. She wasn't sure why, and she didn't want to know why. She was going to keep her distance from him. She wouldn't tell anyone else about what he had said, but she sure as hell wasn't about to go back into that classroom and try to get things worked out. How could someone hate another species so much the way Rosenthal did? The more she thought about it the more she began to realise that something extremely bad must have happened to him in order for him to hate humans so much. Before she could do anything she found herself outside in the courtyard again. Why was she back here again? This made no sence! "What do you want me to do!" She shouted above her.
"Now matter what may come to be, always remember. The sun will rise and fall every day. Your world will not end, you will continue to grow and learn. You will not fall, you will provail."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:30 am

"Just that you had not seen one before or?" Kestrel turned herself towards Rosenthal. "That was one reason yes. The other reasons.. Well if I'm honest I don't know." She shrugged. "I just wanted to talk to him, ask him about the shadows around his body. I've always been naturally curious, so maybe that was the reason. Unless he was playing some kind of trick on me." She laughed then. "I've always seen creatures as... Equal beings, I guess. So that fact that he was a vampire, didn't scare me. I'd have spoken to him, just like I would have spoken to anyone." She settled back down in her chair then, ready to listen to his story.

He seemed to get very passionate towards the end. 'A vampire that's afraid of rats?' She blinked a few times, her brow furrowed. How could somone as strong as Rosenthal, be scared of rats? Unless he was getting at something else. But then why not just come out with it? She shrugged slightly, not allowing herself to pry into other's business. Then Sapphire came in, and Kestrel offered her a small smile. She was with all the people she admired now. She couldn't help but think she was going to enjoy Professor Nathan's class.

But then Luna got up and left. Kestrel stared at where she'd been sat, her mouth formed a straight line of worry. 'I wonder if it was to do with her vision..' She thought and then shuddered. The suspense was back. Never a good thing.

Getting back to Rosenthal's story, she definately didn't think he was talking about rats now. 'I mean, there aren't different breeds of rats, that are smarter than one another... Are there? And why did Luna react like that?' She listened intently, finding the whole thing interesting. Then a question formed in her mind. "But surely, not all the rats would be bad?" She asked. "Of course, the majority, maybe, but I'm sure there would be good rats... With.. Morals, in there somewhere to?" She raised her eyebrows, not having a clue what Rosenthal was talking about. But she thought her question was good, all the same.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awesomeocalypse on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:21 am

Nathan, still leaning against his desk, listened intently to the conversation the students were having. It was a unique teaching method, allowing the students to just converse and bounce their ideas off of one another. Hearing Kestrel speak about a vampire and not running away was intriguing. But then again, is a vampire reading magazines in a store really that threatening? Nathan thought that if she had run into the same man in a dark alley, the end results might have been a bit different.

Changing his direction of attention when Rosenthal began talking about what his fear were, Nathan was surprised to hear rats. Then, upon listening to his explanation as to why he didn't like rats, Nathan began hearing another story. A hidden meaning to Rosenthal's reasoning.

When the door opened and another girl walked in, Nathan calmly turned his head to face her. She had walked in while Rosenthal was talking and cut him off. She apologized for the intrusion and took a seat. She looked like she was deep in thought about something conflicting.

"No need to apologize. We were all just discussing something that you may have encountered in the past that frightened you." Nathan explained to the newcomer. He nodded to her and then looked back at Rosenthal as he finished his story.

Luna's reaction to Rosenthal's story caught Nathan off guard. She called herself an inferior rat and stormed out of the classroom. Nathan wasn't going to stop her, apparently her and Rosenthal weren't in agreement on a many number of things, and talking about rats was the spark that ended it all.

"Apparently you've upset Luna quite a bit. But I believe it's well-warranted. Your story of rats makes it sound much like the human race. We also have a wide variety of races and have killed for many different reasons. We do whatever is necessary to survive. And I agree with you, on some levels, we are just as ruthless as rats. However, the difference between us and rats is intelligence. Rats do it because they must, they have no other choice. We, as humans, do. We could find a common ground, come to an agreement and settle our differences. Rather then fighting for what we want, we could share what we need." Nathan stopped and looked down at the ground. He sighed and looked back up at Rosenthal. "Unfortunately, because of the so many different races, we will probably never come to that agreement. I believe it all boils down to we're fighting each other because we have nothing else to fight."

"You know there are things in this world far more superior to humans that would gladly wage a war with your kind."

"However, I'm going to cut this class short. We will pick up where we left off tomorrow." Nathan said as he headed for the door. He couldn't leave Luna alone after her display of anger towards the discussion.

Wandering the halls of the academy in search of Luna, Nathan eventually arrived at the courtyard where he saw Luna standing alone. Calmly walking into the courtyard, he walked up beside her.

"Our friend back there apparently has a hatred for our kind. I agree with you there. However, we ourselves have a hatred for our own kind as well. We gladly slaughter our own kind in order to become greater. We live in a world based off of our slain ancestors." Nathan said, not looking at Luna, but rather at the sky above them. He squinted his eyes slightly and then looked over at Luna. "But at the same time, there is such beauty in this world. And anyone who can't see that is, themselves, a rat."

"I should tear you apart from the inside out. You're not sentimental, you're ruthless. I know who you really are."
Roleplayer.
Writer.
Dude.

Awesomeocalypse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DaCookie on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:41 am

There was only three left in the class.Before Rosenthal had a chance to reply to both Luna and Nathan they had left the class.He instead spoke his answer out loud to the rest in the class, he wanted to keep things flowing."Why run off?Are you scared of what my answer will be?"Rosenthal questioned Luna."Being scared of the unknown is an excuse to kill off another race because they are different it seems.So you are the type of person who believes that ignorance of the rules means it is also okay to break them?Logic at its best"Rosenthal said sarcastically.

"The roles couldn't be reversed.The superior rat came from something that happened to the inferior.So it wouldn't make sense.So, tell me how do you know the superior rat would have done this?Do you actually fully know that that would have happened?No you don't.You are guessing.Let me tell you how it actually panned out.The first superior rat was found in Transylvania, stupid rats would get together as they heard something different from them resided there.The superior rat would defend him self and would kill most of the inferior as they attacked him.Some of these inferior rats would run back to their home.What do you think they would say to the other rats?They would tell them they had been wandering around and they would say that he had attacked them so they had run for help.Where as in fact they were tresspassing and they had attacked the superior rat first, and so message would spread to all rats around the world that something was like them in appearence but not like them, different and had killed some of their own kind.Who is in the right and who is in the wrong?I think it is obvious."Upsetting Luna had almost no affect on him.

Rosenthal decided to answer Kestrel's question next."The ones with morals are the superior rats.If there are good inferior rats the majority surely is not.And so they are unseen and I am yet to meet even one that is like you said.And so one rat will just follow suit with another rat, as is their instincts."

And finally he answered the Professor, he did the same as Luna and spoke as if he was thinking outloud."You are mistaken Pofessor when you think I am talking about the human race.It is rats we are talking about."Rosenthal grinned."Ah but our kind Professor at the very core of everything has the same instincts as rats."Said Rosenthal referring to himself as human."So if the difference is intelligence, then all we are is but a cunning rat.I hope when you say fighting each other, you mean the rat or human race as a whole, no?You speak well but see the inferior and superior rat cannot come to an agreement.For you are 1 in a billion of inferior rats with a different ideology, and do the other rats listen to this one or the rest?"Rosenthal didn't expect an answer from Luna or the Professor.But they were only on the second floor and all the windows were open, also the class echoed so he knew they had heard him.

The Professor had said the class had ended but he was interested in the discussion.He knew Kestrel was to and it was only ten minutes into the class.It was unusal for a teacher to not return to his room after suddenly leaving.So he presumed he would, he didn't know whether Luna would though.But Rosenthal stayed in the class.He hoped the other two would aswell and they could discuss things more.Moreover wouldn't the professor return because his classroom was open?Anyone could come in and look in the desks of his drawers at his private things.
"See these revolvers
That's why they call us
The same reason the police ain't never caught us
I'm on another level words from a true rebel
I rock your ass and I ain't talking heavy"

DaCookie
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby plumies on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:40 am

Sapphire was still lost in thought before she realized that Professor Nathan and Luna had left. She tried to think back when they left and why, but couldn't remember. She was too lost in thought. Sapphire rubbed her head and closed her eyes feeling the presences in this room. So only Kestrel, the vampire boy, and her were left. She didn't quite pay attention in class so she wasn't quite sure they were talking about except for talking about their fears. She was also not about to ask. She sat there now wondering what to do. They could talk, but about what? Besides her past still bothered her. And why did she suddenly remember a slight fragment of her past anyway? Many thoughts and questions entered her head, but many were not answered. Plus, she didn't know anyone that she knew when she was younger, so she would have to figure out her past by herself. As usual, alone. Not that Sapphire cared much. She was alone and by herself the entire time since her memory started. Why was she emotionless anyways? Too many questions that she can't answer.

A bird chirped happily outside and Sapphire looked at the window at the bird. The bird looked so free and happy and it soon flew away. If only her life was that easy...Then what? She can be happy? Ridiculous, she was already content of her life right now although she wasn't exactly the happy as people know. She neither showed depression or happiness. Still, inside, maybe she could feel a little bit more? Maybe that vampire boy was right that she had emotions on the inside? Still, she wasn't sure. She didn't know what emotions felt like so she wouldn't know.

Sapphire sighed inwardly and wondered what to do. Maybe she can try starting up a conversation for once. It was usually others who talked to her and otherwise she wouldn't really talk. However, right now, there is nothing to do. Still, during this time, her face was emotionless as usual. Finally, she decided she can try starting a conversation for once. No hurt in doing it. Plus, it wasn't to get to know them better or anything, just politeness in the silence. It was very silent and the tick and tock of the clock can be heard.

Sapphire closed her eyes and opened them again, a blink before she spoke. "What should we talk about now?" she asked, her voice clear as a breeze, as cold as ice, as it rang and lightly echoed in the classroom. She blinked a few times after she spoke and awaited an answer.

plumies
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:47 am

Luna let out another agrivated groan and slumped down onto the small bench that was in the center of the courtyard. What the hell was Rosenthals problem? What he had been saying in there was completely rude and absolutely rediculous. So he thought he was superior than humans? Just because he was faster and stronger? THat didn't mean anything. People who had to much of something became erogent as well as pig headed, and it would seem that Rosenthal had both of those things down to a T. There was also something else. Even though he had been talking about 'Rats' she knew what he had really meant. And it was extremely annoying to have to listen to him try and explain what he was saying. Humans back in those days were stupid and uncivalized but times had changed and they were more understanding, and he couldn't see that. Humans even killed their own kind because they thought witches and demons lived among them in the appearence of humans and so began the Salem Witch Trials. He obviously didn't understand.

He refused to see reason, he refused to even t ry and except the human race. And that didn't seem fair. Yes the human race had done some pretty horrible shit in the past, but they had tried making up for it as much as they could. And he was acting like his race was perfect when they weren't. She had seen first hand what vampires could do to people. Atacking because of their blood lust, innocent people dying because of it. He acted as if his kind had done nothing wrong either. She let out a sigh and raised her fingertips up to her temples and rubbed for a good and long minute. This was getting agrivating, and she didn't want to have to deal with it.

She should go back and at least appologize to Professor Nathan for running out of the cflassroom like that. But she would wait later when he was more alone. Thats when she heard soft rustling coming from the bushes in front of her and she stood up quickly. It was getting slightly darker now, lunchtime had passed and it was starting to get closer to evening. Time had passed faster than she originally thought. Of course that happened sometimes when she got upset time would either slow or speed up without her meaning it too. She was worried that Rosenthal would come after her. "Hey...its just me..." came a familer voice and Raphiel walked through the entrance. Luna let out a sigh and walked over to Rafe, wrapping her arms tightly around him. "Hey...whats wrong?" He asked in a concerned voice as he wrapped his arms right back around Luna, stroking her hair softly. "Its the first day back and its sucking pretty bad" Luna said and sighed softly. "Its okay, everything will go back to normal" he said and hugged Luna tighter.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:57 am

Kestrel continued to listen to Rosenthal, her mood plummeting slightly. This was all a bit... Depressing. Interesting, but depressing. She sighed and looked around the room as the uncomfortable silence grew. She was slightly confused at the moment. Sure, Rosenthal was talking about rats, but rats weren't that smart. It was all making her head hurt. "Well, I for one, would not have attacked the superior rat." She mumbled. "Talking to that rat, and getting to know it would have been my plan of action." She raised her eyebrows. It was true. The history of the humans was bloody, deadly and more than a little shameful. If Kestrel had have been there, she wouldn't have followed the crowd. It wasn't her way.

She looked up at Rosenthal, her eyes glittering slightly. They always did when she ment what she was about to say. "Well, I have met many an inferior rat with morals and I should hope that the inferior rat that I know best, has plently of them." Of course, she was referring to herself. Kestrel didn't know if Rosenthal was talking about humans or not, for sure, but it seemed that was, considering Luna's reaction and the way he spoke of meeting inferior rats. Surely, he didn't literally mean... He'd gone to meet a rat. She grinned and had to stifle a laugh. The image in her head was more than a little comical. She thought about sending it round the room, but hesitated, not wanting anyone to take it the wrong way.

Kestrel packed away her book and then slumped in her chair, wondering if Professor Nathan would be back. At the moment, things didn't look very promising. After not having eaten much breakfast, she fumbled around in her bag for an apple, which she found, pulled out and bit into, ignoring the juice as it ran down her wrist slightly. Still munching, she looked at the others and answered Sapphire's question. "I dnno." She shrugged. "It doesn't look like we'll be getting our teacher back. Maybe we should just... Read an exercise book or something?" She grinned. It was amusing how dull that sounded, even to her.

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karina_DarkGeisha on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:56 pm

Luna pulled away from Rafe and looked up at him, tilting her head to the side. "How come your so nice all of a sudden huh? What happened to the annoying guy I know?" She asked him and gave him a soft smile. Rafe gave her a goofy grin back, reaching up and ruffling her hair, making it a little messy. Luna shook her head and stuck her tongue out at him for a moment and then crossed her arms over her chest. "I care about you, and just want to make sure your okay, thats all" Raphiel whispered and moved a hand up to fix Luna's hair. This was getting really wierd, especially with Rafe so close to her like this. And thats when it hit her like a rock. She was no longer standing in the middle of the cortyard but in the middle of the ballroom of the school. She knew what this was, this was the yearly welcome back ball for everyone.

She and Rafe had gone out to the Balcony to get some air and they were extremely close, just like they were now. And he was looking at her in a very odd way and before she knew it his lips were against hers. And the viel that covered her eyes lifted and Rafe was staring at her with a concerned look on his face. "Hey? You alright? You looked like you saw something really bad" He said and put his hands in his pockets. Luna just continued to stare up at him for a moment before shaking her head and taking a step back. "I'm alright, It was just a little weird thats all. I can't even remeber what I saw" Luna said and shrugged softly before looking down at her watch.

"It's getting late...we need to get going" She said and started to walk out of the courtyard without looking back at Rafe. What the hell had her vision been about? This wasn't right, Rafe couldn't like her that way, he just couldn't. They had been friends for a long time...why did he like her like that? She sighed and realised that the sun was starting to get lower in the sky, and she looked around, feeling nervous now with everything that was going on.

Karina_DarkGeisha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awesomeocalypse on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:12 am

(So sorry...I'm in the process of moving so things are hectic.)

Nathan walked back into his classroom and was surprised to see some of the students were still here. He looked back down at the ground as he continued to his desk and sat down in the chair. Looking up at the few students that remained, Nathan tried to think of what to say to them.

"Tell them to kill each other."

"Normally, when a teacher says the class is over, the students rush to leave the class. But then again, this isn't a normal school." Nathan said, trying to make some sort of joke. It was completely unlike him to say something like that, but after the previous discussion, he thought he needed to say something uplifting.

Nathan leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms across his chest. "Alright. Well, I don't believe Luna will be coming back today. We can continue our discussion, or you are free to return to your rooms or wherever you wish to spend your free time until your next class. I have no assignments for you today, so I leave the choice up to you."

"Where is this new caring feeling coming from? I don't like who you're becoming. I think we need to find some poor fool for you to kill so you remember who you really are."

Awesomeocalypse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!