Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Dragon's Lair

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Dragon's Lair

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Alan stood and patted Sythyn on the back "it seams in one way or another we all just wont to help our people". Alan walked into the middle of the group "lets go find my gem for my people are getting weaker by the second", Alan finished speaking and looked around at the group he was the youngest and yet seemed to be taking the lead, Alan looked at Drake "two people with royal heritage it is suppressing we get on so well" Alan gave a little half smile at the Dragon "when this is over you must come and see my kingdom"
To kill or not to kill.... Hardly even a question.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby inherentflame on Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:29 pm

"yes it seems that way, but i had no intention of having others joining me in the exact same quest, may i ask how many gems there is in total? i have heard of a warlock one and now you have learnt of one of the elven ones but only the one that has been stolen, i will not relay more information about the second one until i see it appropiate to do so." said sythyn to the group that was in the hall. Walking away to nyth he grasped one of the packs and pulled out a small map and words written in the elven language, after reading it for some time he judged the route he now had to take, "nyth, keep a sharp eye out and whatever you do not let anyone touch your packs not even anyone in our procession if they get a hold on what we hold it could be devastating for the pair of us." sythyn whispered to nyth as he rolled the scroll up and placed it once again into his pack, muttering a some strange words in the elven language the pack sealed and would not open unless sythyn lifted the spell and could be deadly if anyone did touch it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

inherentflame
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 am

"Well, there's twelve gems that were stolen from the kingdom, and apparently a Warlock Gem that was stolen, which makes thirteen." Leon then turned to the others. "I doubt that the Warlock gem would be with the others. It seems to be a powerful stone on its own, so it wouldn't make sense to pack it away with the lesser-powered gems from the belt."
"So should we go after the Belt Gems or the Warlock Gem first?" Asked Yumetaro
"For me, my top priority is those Belt Gems." Announced Niko.
"Same here." Added Leo. "I came here to recover those twelve gems. We can get those other ones later."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby inherentflame on Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:54 pm

"so then thirteen with the belt and warlock one, now i have informed you of a elven one which makes fourteen, this could be quite a hard quest in itself if we plan on getting so many" sythyn said. "if you are consent on going after the 12 belt ones first i will gladly help you until i know the where abouts of the elven one then if we are heading in the wrong direction i will turn around and go towards it."

Sythyn now standing up from nyth and looking at the others in the group

inherentflame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Alan looked at Niko "if you wont to go for the 12 gems first that is fine by me but i must go to the tower and recover my peoples gem",Liam walked up beside Alan "i will come with you" he declared as he walked over to Niko and the map he held taking a minute to save it to his memory, Alan walked over to Niko and Liam running a hand down Liam's glassy scales "if anyone would like to come with me it would be an honor" although looking at Niko he spoke to everyone.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:56 pm

*(What the heck happened to my old post? I could have sworn I gave one regarding a response to Alan...*shrug* Must not have gone through.)*

"I'll accompany you as well." Drake said, shoulder his sword and heading over to Alan and Liam. "I originally came for the 12 gems myself to help save my people...but I feel your need is greater than mine. After all, you said your people are getting weaker as we speak." He paused for a moment, but then elaborated some more.

"And, yes, while I know and realize that my people are also in danger--they and the entire kingdom have been turned into, completely frozen in stone--they've been in the state for several long years. I doubt it would matter much if they waited a little longer."

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:13 am

Alan looked at the dragon "thank you" Alan looked around at the others and smiled "hopefully i will be able to help you one day to save your people as you are helping me to save mine" he spoke in a tone of promise and friendship.

Alan was about to start walking when a question occurred to him " what was the name of the sorceress who turned your people into stone for i with the wisdom i have been given may know something about them to help save your people" as he spoke he laid a hand on the dragons shoulder knowing who it would be *his mother* on the day her demons took control.

(( was it on page 4? ))

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:09 pm

*(I had thought it might have been, but no, the actual response was supposed to have been Drake responding to Alan's "when this is all over you should come and visit my kingdom" statement, so it would have been on this page. Like I said, I knew I submitted it but it must not have gone through. Probably an error on my end, I dunno.)*

Drake smiled lightly, feeling a sort of odd kinship with the sorcerer. "Thank you, my friend, that means a lot to me. As far as I know, my people may very well be lost--I have not given up hope, but so long as I can prevent other innocents from suffering the same fate, or similar..."

He paused a bit, before his eyes glanced off down towards the hand that was on his shoulder. "The name of the vile demoness responsible for transforming my people went by the name of Mortizen. I had thought that by slaying her I could reverse the spell but...I was in error. Killing the sorcereress did nothing at all."

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby inherentflame on Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Listening intently as the others muttered between themselves sythyn finally spoke up, "i will help all of you recover your gems for your people i do not see an issue with it but we must have a fair idea of where they could be, for one we must establish whether they are in here or not, secondly we must establish where they are if not in here, and finally we must organize travel there judging by our many races here some will lag behind compared to the others." walking over to drake, "if we cannot get your people released from the spell i will make every effort to contact some elven magicians of course that is if our sorcerer friend here cannot lift it himself."

inherentflame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Alan was about to speak when he was interrupted by Sythyn he turned to face the other man and spoke "that is what i was about to say i can reverse the spell" he turned back to Drake and gave him a smile "you see only i can because my mother was Mortizen Pericoloso and she was one of the few Warlocks that was half earth demon instead of the normal fire demons of my people" Alan stopped to take a breath and as he did so his hand went to the rock wall on his side fingers melting into the stone until his hand was covered in the stuff, Alan took his hand out of the stone but left a small pile of it imprisoned in his hand he held the stone out to the others "as you can see i have the same mild abilities" he spoke with a sadness not for the loss of his mother but for the fact that he shared some of her traits "mind you" he looked Drake in the eye before continuing "she did not do what she did to your people with a sane mind, she had gotten lost in the woods one day as for the day part it turned to months and she eventually gave way to the power hungry demons inside of her" i silent tear slid down Alan's cheek as he spoke "she also turned some of my people into stone but i was able to free them... with the help of our gem" Alan looked at Drake laying both hands on his shoulders "you will find that only i with only the warlock gem will free your people because the other gems have a different type of magic" Alan looked at Drake in the eyes as another tear slid down his cheek "i am sorry for what my mother did but i assure you i will reverse it"

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby inherentflame on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:08 pm

"humblest apologies, now before we set off further i must make contact with my leader" said sythyn as he walked over to Nyth. As sythyn once again approached nyth he turned around, "why are you coming back here again? aren't we continuing?" the small curious dragon asked.
"no i have no intention of going back now but we need to keep in contact with our superiors now let me grab some stuff from your pack on you left." fumbling around in the pack sythyn finally found what he was looking for an extracted it from the pouch, crouching in the corner he began scrawling on the parchment and as nyth came over to read he asked "what language are you writing in i don't understand a word of it"
"quite rightly too, we cant have none elves finding out about we are doing so i write it in my native language"replied sythyn not taking his eyes off the parchment. "now could i have a few minutes to consider what has happened."

After 5 minutes or so sythyn stood up and put the feather and ink away in the pouch, withdrawing his hand he sealed the parchment once again with elven incantations and then summoned up a small dove not enough even to fill himself to hold it. Tieing the bird and letter together he released the bird into the open to fly back to the elven kingdom "now we should be covered i think, shall we continue?" sythyn quizzed the others

inherentflame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:54 pm

Drake's eyes suddenly went wide and a brief hint of anger suddenly flashed through them--however the anger left just as quickly as it came, and the dragon turned his head with a look of pain struck across his face. At first, he was rather surprised to learn that he was journeying with the son of his once mortal enemy...however he had to remember that biological children did not choose their parents and that Alan had been in no way responsible for Mortizen's madness and subsequent rise to power.

Alan also struck him as truly sorrowful and despondent for his mother's evil deeds, and Drake had never observed any sort of dark aura emanating from him. Turning back to him with a soft, understanding smile, Drake had to admit that there was at least somewhat one other thing they had in common--parental issues. Drake and his father never often saw eye to eye either, and Drake honestly had to question his father's parenting tactics...but at least Drake could tell the old man did have noble intentions and honestly meant the best for him.

Drake placed his hand on Alan's shoulder as well, returning the gesture. "I understand. What's happened has happened. Right now, I'm only focusing on saving my people--and as long as there is hope for them, I'll never give up. You've just further bolstered my confidence that they'll be saved one day...and for this, I thank you."

Turning over to Sythyn, he nodded again. "Agreed. We're not getting anywhere just standing around and talking. The sooner we depart, the sooner we can find these crystals."

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 am

"Hmm..." Thought Leo. The revelation that Alan had revealed was quite shocking, however Leon had the same opinion as Drake; Alan was not responsible for what the sorceress had done so there shouldn't be any hard feelings towards him. "...Well, Drake is right, we need to get those gems..." He turned to Alan. "Do you know where the warlock gem is, or do you at least have a way of tracking it down?"

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Alan looked at Drake Noticing the flash of anger but choosing to completely ignore it and then felt the dragons hand on his shoulder "thank you my friend and i promise you no matter what i will save them" as Alan spoke he took as step back and caught Drakes hands, Holding his hands out in front of him he spoke in a calm tone "this is how my people make a promise" as he spoke shadows moved up and around Alan and Drakes hands until they were completely covering the two sets of hands and then Alan spoke "i Alan Pericoloso vow to you that i will help your people" as Alan spoke the last word the shadows dissolved, Alan took his hands back and looked at Drake "i am now sealed to the promise".
Alan turned to Leon a smile lighting his face "you spoke of an energy barrier?" he questioned "one that was made of strange magic?" another smile lit his face "that is where the gem will be"

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:33 pm

*(Bumping topic to try and save it...c'mon, where is everybody?)*

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:43 pm

((im here just waiting for you or inherent to post))

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:48 pm

*(....sigh. I was hoping for inherent or Niko to post first but I guess it's up to me to save it! Should done this like a million years ago.)*

Drake gazed down at their joined hands as the shadows enveloped them. As Alan gave his vow and the shadows dispersed, the dragon nodded. That was not necessary, Drake thought...although he decided not to say anything for fear of possibly hurting Alan's feeling any more than he already had.

Turning to Leon, he crossed his arms. He remained silent, but was itching to head off as soon as they could. The quicker they left, the quicker they could arrive at their destination. The sooner they got there, the sooner they could start searching, and the sooner they started searching, the sooner they could find the gems and get back to finding the other 13.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:30 pm

((EPIC SAVE))
"The crystal tower seems to be right down this corridor, and then we make a left turn." Leon turned to the group, and smiled. "Put on your game faces gentlemen, it's go time."
"How will we get past the barrier though?" Asked Yumetaro. Leon chuckled in response. "I think that all our magic pooled together ought to do the trick."
Leon unsheathed his sword. "Once you guys are ready to go let me know; I'll lead the way..."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Alan smiled and unsheathed his own sword "you don't need to worry about getting though ill do that much" Alan then realized this would sound weird "its made of the same magic as i posses and anything it does is made of the same magic" Alan explained as he twisted his sword around "i should be able to simply walk though it or control it from a distance" he smiled as he spoke and then started walking *now is time for acting not talking* he thought to himself as he did his attempt at making everyone move.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19 pm

Drake bust out with a grin. Raising his sword upwards to the sky, he was ready to head off already and nodded.

"Yeah! Let's do this! I'm ready to save the day." Turning off to stare down the path where they were supposed to do, he chuckled. "Right then, let's try this again, shall we? Let's go, team!! Onward! TO VICTORY!!"

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!