Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Dragon's Lair

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Dragon's Lair

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:13 am

This is my first rp, so here I go and wish me luck!

THE STORY:
The Magic Belt of Salista has kept the land of Artica for years. Now the evil sorcerer Nakai has stolen the magic belt and plunged the land into Chaos. The gems were hidden in the Magic Castle of Sirna, and the belt itself is guarded by the dragon Quanix. But is everything as straightforward. As it seems? Is the sorcerer Nakai really the villain? The only way to find out is to find all the gems and the magic belt! But it's not that easy, since the Magic Castle houses all sorts of caves, corridors, caverns and even forests.

THE FLOW:
you are a brave adventurer daring to restore the gems to the belt. But are you doing it for wealth, for the sake of good or to harness the power of the gems?
You are allowed one character, and one "monster" character. It can be something like a smalll dragon, an anthro animal,etc. It must be medium sized and not too powerful. If you have anyquestions, just ask. I will start once someone else joins.

My Character:
Name: Niko Linni
Race: Anthro Cat
Looks: Black and white fur, and ggreen eyes. Is slim, and a head shorter Thant the average 18 year old human. He has a bushy fox like tail.
Abilities: Very basic "Level One" Magic
Partner Monster: Yumetaro. A half-plant half-cat sprite that is green and white. It is about 15(in humab/anthro years) and has antennas and can fly with it's wings.
Reason for questing: To restore peace.
(you don't have to make a char sheet if you don't want to)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Dragon's Lair

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:49 am

*does a Gendo pose*

....I must admit, I am very...intrigued, by this.

I will probably join as my dragon character Drake, but it is currently very late where I am and I should be heading off here very soon. I do have a few standard questions before I do jump in, however...

What, precisely, do you mean by a "monster" character, and it needing to be medium size? Are you referring to like a partner animal or a familiar from more along the lines of DnD (or like the owls, rats, and cats of Harry Potter)? Do these same restrictions apply to "you", as in, your main character? And what do you mean by "Level One Magic"? Is this something like very basic spells (such as a DnD Cure Light Wounds or a simple Final Fantasy-esque Fire/Thunder/Blizzard?)? What exactly constitutes the type of magic in this roleplay?

...>XD Don't mind me, you don't have to answer that last one. I only ask because I've roleplayed with people who have had VERY strict and detailed guidelines on what did and what did not constitute "magic" and whether or not it was allowed in the roleplay...but I AM legitimately curious regarding everything else and I just want some clarification.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:01 am

Drake Nightwing wrote:*does a Gendo pose*

....I must admit, I am very...intrigued, by this.

I will probably join as my dragon character Drake, but it is currently very late where I am and I should be heading off here very soon. I do have a few standard questions before I do jump in, however...

What, precisely, do you mean by a "monster" character, and it needing to be medium size? Are you referring to like a partner animal or a familiar from more along the lines of DnD (or like the owls, rats, and cats of Harry Potter)? Do these same restrictions apply to "you", as in, your main character? And what do you mean by "Level One Magic"? Is this something like very basic spells (such as a DnD Cure Light Wounds or a simple Final Fantasy-esque Fire/Thunder/Blizzard?)? What exactly constitutes the type of magic in this roleplay?

...>XD Don't mind me, you don't have to answer that last one. I only ask because I've roleplayed with people who have had VERY strict and detailed guidelines on what did and what did not constitute "magic" and whether or not it was allowed in the roleplay...but I AM legitimately curious regarding everything else and I just want some clarification.

By monster char I mean a partner character that's some kind of creature other than a human or an anthro. And medium size means no taller/bigger Than a normal full grown human. so it could be an owl, a gelatonus blob, or even a little fairy like Navi from Zelda.
By level one magic yes I mean basic cure, fire, blizard, and so on. And level one magic from dnd.

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:34 am

ok a couple personal questions:

am i able to be a warlock
do i have to have a "monster"?
and do you have to start off with lvl 1 magic?

plus i have never evan seen dungeons and dragons so i have not a clue what you on about there
To kill or not to kill.... Hardly even a question.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:50 am

All righty
yes you can be a war lock, and I'm glad you asked about the monster. No you don't have to have one.
And,you do not have to start off with weak magic,but just don't power play or god mod with the spells.
As for not seeing dnd..not much I can do,sorry.

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:28 am

ok just refer to final fantasy for spells then

character:
name: Alan
race: warlock (half human half demon)
magic: medium high shadow magic and medium fire magic
special: knows how to make temporary wings and things with his magic (medium high enchantmentishy thing)
tall, broad shouldered, well muscled, swordsmen.
jet black wavy/curly hair that goes down to eyes, eyes are ice blue, very pale

mind if i might find a "monster" exploring (haven't thought of one yet)

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:20 am

((Surr you can find a monster along the way)
Time to Start.

Niko swallowed nervously as he looked into the large sewer pipe he was about to enter into in order to penetrate the castle.
"Are you sure this is a good idea Yume?" He asked Yumetaro,who was right beside him. Yume was his nickname.
"Not unless you wanna have to fight the minions that guard the castle!"
"Oh...right..." said Niko as he remembered the huge Dark Knights that guarded the ramparts,holes in walls, and any other way of entry into the castle. Except for the sewers.
"Well....here I go....." Said Niko as he climbed inti the sewer.
"Look on the bright side Niko."Chimed Yumetaro."You'll only have to deal with the plants in the sewers that practically turned the place into a swamp!"
"Oh boy.....I can hardly wait...."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:04 pm

Yeah....I think I'll join in myself. :D

My Character
Name: Drakengarde "Drake" Bahamut Nightwing, Crown Prince of the Wyvernian Empire
Age: 23 in dragon years (approximately a little over 275 human years)
Race: Anthro Gold Dragon
Appearance: 6'3'' in height, head has a sort of triangular wedge shaped muzzle with twin horns jutting out upwards at an angle from the back of his head, wings with a 70 foot combined maximum wingspan, 6' long tail. Feet are large and clawed with four toes, hands have five fingers and claws. Overall physical build and structure is very similar to that of a human male bodybuilder, incredibly muscular and toned, but has strong hard golden scales in place of peachy soft flesh. His eyes are of an emerald green color.
Special Abilities: Flight, Fire Breath, Knows up to Lv. 3 Black and White Magic, Swordsmanship Mastery, Two Handed Weapon Proficiency, Dual Wield Proficiency
Partner Monster: None
Reason for Questing: To harness the power of the gems and the Magic Belt of Salista to restore his lost empire
Additional Information: Tends not to utilize his magic, including his fire breath, and almost always utilizes his physical prowess in combat. Is only armed with a single two handed "flame-bladed" (sword is not made of actual flames) long sword. Does not wear any armor.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:25 pm

(looks awesome! Also,for people deciding to join,when you tell us about the character have him/her do something in the roleplay. Also, people are welcome to join anytime)

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Alan looked at the small entrance in front of him he could smell the water in there and their was no way he was going thought there thought Alan. He looked around and soon spotted a hole in the wall the ran over to it and peaked in and nearly had his eye taken out for his efforts, draw his sword Alan took a step back the diamond/silver blade turned dark with shadow and he charged at the black armored knight, Each thrust of his sword was easy parried and he nearly had his head taken of multiple times. Alan knew that this was going to be a battle he would lose so he started to thicken the shadows all around him so only he could see and then he ran. After escaping the one knight he thought maybe the ones on the battlements wouldn't be as good with a sword so he started making his wings, After a minute they burst out of his back wings of pure shadow, He then took off flying onto the battlements sword drawn a knight quickly drew his sword he quickly lunged at the knight trying to get in a lucky shot. What Alan found disheartened him these ones on the battlements were evan better then the ones down low and now he couldn't escape, Alan exhausted put his sword back into its sheath and raised his hands in a gesture of defeat hoping that these knights had some type of morels. the knight laughed a weird sound put sheathed his sword but then so quickly it was a blur punched Alan in the stomach and sent him flying.

When Alan landed ha had to discharge most of his energy to stop bones from braking and was very surprised when a medium sized black egg absorbed all his power, Alan looked around and could see some huge footprints most likely dragon he wondered if those myths about the baby dragons being loyal to you if you care for their egg were true he took, Alan took the egg in the lap "lets hope so he muttered out loud.

((g2g to school so i wont post the next bit for a little while))

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:41 pm

*(Yah, I meant to type up an intro post immediately after the bio, but I got shanghaied into helping with the yardwork here...I'm gonna be heading back out this afternoon to wash the cars, too.)*

The large gold dragon stood upon a rocky precipice of a cliff side overlooking the palace. The large, dark, foreboding castle seemed to be almost impregnable. Of course, there did seem to be various entryways into it: there was always the front gate, which appeared to be sealed shut. There were the windows, but they all appeared to be barred.

He surmised he could do an aerial assault. However the ramparts were guarded with several Dark Knights, and--from what he could spot--various catapults, trebuchets and ballistas. He could not actually spot the armaments of the Dark Knights from the distance he was at, but he would not be surprised if they were armed with crossbows and long bows for defending it from foot troops or airborne threats.

This left the only other option: coming in from underground. However, he was not sure of how he would go about doing that. The scaled dragon had heard of a sewer leading into the area, but he had not seen any such entrance. Then again, he wasn't exactly looking forward towards getting his feet wet in the slimy, grimy muck. That was a situation that was beneath his position. ...Or rather, it would have been, had the situation not been so dire. Approximately sixty human years ago--a scant five for him--his empire had been all but obliterated by a power demon sorceress by the name of Mortizen. While his land and the cities had not been damaged, all of the citizens, including his family, had been turned entirely to stone and the capital city had been sealed away underneath the Berestyok mountain. Drake had quested forth, and after many hardships finally slew the demoness...but it had not reversed the enchantments. To that end, he had vowed to find a way to say his people, and had ventured forth for any method to lift the curse...upon which he had found out about the Magic Belt of Salista. Believing that it would be the answer to his prayers, he sought it out and his travels had lead him here to Castle Sirna.

From all aspects, it did indeed seem to be impenetrable...but Drake had come too far in his journey to turn back now. Brandishing his sword high, he roared out as if issuing a challenge to any to oppose him on his quest. Wings spread, he dived off the rocky ledge...gliding down towards the roof of the palace in a (possibly very foolish) head on assault.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:06 pm

Alan drained of all power stood and gathered some twigs and leaves to make a bed, He walked back to the black egg and made the twigs and leaves into a makeshift bed he then dragged the warm egg next to him as he lay down.

Alan woke to the eggs pulsing and moving Alan instantly awake and refreshed stood up and lay his sword within arms reach after all myths aren't always right. It took a couple of minutes but the first crack appeared and soon spread and eventually it shattered into pieces, the little dragon ran up to Alan and started making a sound a lot like purring all Alan could think of was that the myths were true, The little dragon chirped and then Alan heard a voice in his head “hello partner my name is Liam” Alan jumped shocked that the little dragon was a telepath, the creature just a little bigger then a cat started to glow and grow as the change happened the dragon explained “ my egg absorbed the energy you released and that has acted like a growth hormone for me and a power source”. When the dragon finished growing he was jet black with specs of ice blue and when Alan asked about the blue it relied “i am ice powered and in my breed of dragon our powers show on our scales”. After a while they found that they both wouldn't mind getting their hands on the crystals so they started walking to the castle.

Dragon:
Breed: Amite dragon
colours: black and ice blue
powers: medium high ice magic and medium low shadow magic.
as tall as Alan when standing with a 1 meter tail very muscular

((sent from school))

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:00 pm

After a good few minutes Niko and Yumetaro had finally reached the end of the sewer pipe. The young cat dropped down into the sewer, expecting to find a normal looking sewer. What he instead found himself in was what seemed like an underground swamp, complete with marshes, patches of murky water, and dead trees. There were also some over grown plants visible here and there.
"THESE are the sewers?!" Exclaimed Niko in a surprised tone,"I feel like I'm back in the Marshes of Mikiino!!"
"I told you that the sewers had practically turned into a swamp!" Reminded Yumetaro.
"Yeah, I heard you Yume, but I was expecting some remote resemblance to a normal sewer. You'd think that this place was intentionally made to be a swamp!"
"Well, it's better than trudging through sewer water. And it doesn't smell as bad."
"I guess you're right there. C'mon, we got some trudging to do here." With that, Niko and Yumetaro began their trek through the underground swamp. As they walked they both failed to notice the winding vines creeping up behind both of them.

"Sir"
"Yes Zalsi?"
"A Dragon is fast approaching, and a Warlock managed to penetrate the castle."
"Get the archers and Bastilla ready. Shoot that Dragon down and kill him. As for the warlock...deploy our Shamen and Summoners, and some Black Knights. Bring him to me, dead or alive."
"Yes Master Makai, it shall be done."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:41 pm

As Drake continued to glide closer and closer towards the castle, he tried to calculate a possible method to approach. No doubt that his head on attack would be met with retaliation of the fiercest kind. As he spotted the Dark Knights moving to ready their weapons, he suddenly broke off, folded his wings back, and went into a dive.

The head on attack was really just a feint. He had no intentions whatsoever of facing countless legions of resistance from the top--while that might have been fun under different circumstances, the additional heavy armament from the ballistas made it a sure suicide. From there, he had swapped into a different tactic. Crossing his arms and sword in front of him to protect his upper body and face, he pulled out of the dive and flew straight on at one of the barred windows.

Whispering lightly, calling forth arcane magic, he summoned a large magical blaze to surround his body. From there, he made sure his course was true and that his body was primed right at one of the windows about halfway down the castle...where resistance seemed the least congested.

Oh, this would hurt, yes, possibly very much so. Also, this would definitely not be subtle nor sneaky. His oncoming flight towards the roof announced his presence long before then. No, he was aiming for the standard overdramatic and needlessly flashy entrance. Gritting his teeth, he closed his eyes and braced for impact with the window and the surrounding wall.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:23 am

((firstly you do realize that you have used the wrong bored since this is just a rip off deltora quest i showed a couple friends who have read the series and they all agree and you not ment to have put that kind of thing in the fantasy there was a different one for that but meh))

Alan was being followed or so Liam said as they ran though the trees towards the castle and he was approaching fast, Alan reached the edge of the forest just in time to see a huge golden fireball crash into the castle the perfect distraction he thought as he ran for one of the holes in the wall and readied himself to attack a black knight.
the battle between Alan and the knight lasted only a couple of minutes for Alan had gotten the dragons agility and speed although Liam kept asking for permission to attack as well for he could smell the followers gaining on them Alan make sure he would kill it himself, By the time they got into the castle most of the guards were up at the fiery reck and so Alan started running around the castle until...

As Alan ran the floor bucked and then cracked and within a second the floor had opened into a trap door, As they dropped Alan made wings spring onto his back.

Alan landed in front of an Anthro cat with what looked like a half cat sprite as Alan hit the ground he whipped out his sword till it was level with the cats chest and said "who are you? what are you doing here? and were is here?" Liam then walked over to the cat sprite and looked at it as if sizing it up.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:14 am

((meh I forgot about deltora quest. Still, there are a few differences berween the two. For one, I believe the belt was worn by the king himself, and was formed by seven or so gems, each with their own unique powers. The gems in this rp act a bit more like chaos emeralds in the Sonic seres, in the sense that the gems give the user power. Also, to tell the truth I came up with the gems as an idea to actually motivate characters to go into te castle but meh I guess. I wasn't trying to rip off deltora quest :/))

Yumetaro put his hands above his head. "Aah! Niko! Help!" The sprite shrieked. Immediatly Niko spun around, pointing his finger at the Warlock. "Hey you, leave Yume alone! He's just a woodland critter! If you need names, well i'm Niko, and i'm here to enter the Dragon's Lair and capture the magic gems and restore them to the belt!" 
"I-Its not good to shoot and ask questions later!!" Piped Yumetaro. "We're the good guys!" 
Just as he said that, the vines made their move on the group of four. They sprang after the Warlock and his dragon, as well as Niko and Yumetaro. Luckily the sprite used his wings to avoid them, but they ensared Niko and began to drag him into a near by pool of dark murky water.

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:10 am

*(I've never even heard of Deltora Quest, so...yeah.)*

The dragon groaned, wincing a bit as he moved to attempt to get up. Rubble, twisted metal, and various debris were scattered around him--a large gaping hole in the wall where the window once was, and a tusked husk of metal against the far wall. Pain screaming through his entire body, Drake attempted to shove himself onto his feet, using his sword for balance as best his could.

That had most certainly NOT been fun, but it had gotten the job done. For better or worse, he was inside. Bringing his left arm up to his head, he focused upon his inner energies. Meditating for a moment, he was able to heal himself with a moderate spell, and moved to leave the area as quickly as he could before the floor was flooded with Dark Knights.

Throwing open a door and heading down into the hall, something came to mind. Yes, he had accomplished his short term goal of getting inside, but now that he was, he came to a startling realization: he had absolutely no idea where he was in the building, or where the belt was. He was unfamiliar with the castle layout, and there was just as likely as not several booby traps that could be sprung. He could be wandering for several hours, if not days in this massive palace. Cursing himself for lack of insight, he figured his first priority would be to find somewhere secluded to fully heal up and rest....then locate a map of the castle to gain some knowledge of the general layout. The gems and the belt would be very safely hidden and obviously well guarded...so if nothing else, the dragon figured he should just seek out some massive oversized grunt or monster and slay it. Either that, or he would have a lot of puzzle solving to do in the near future.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:40 pm

((kk lol i don't really care about it lol it was just my friends))

As Alan felt the wines wrap around him he burst into flame, As the vines withered and the water evaporated he was able to make out the shape of Niko, Alan slashed out at the vines but watched as more and more came for them Liam walked over from the frozen bits of vine that had attacked him and said "maybe a fire circle would help", Alan by the dragons increasing intelligence simply threw a couple balls of flame out and made them form a circle, Alan then turned to Niko "are you ok" Alan could feel the panic coming of the kid

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Niko stood up."Y-yeah I'm fine thanks...so you use fire? That will come in handy."
"Just be careful that you don't burn down the whole swamp!" Piped Yumetaro.
"Yume! Cmon give this guy a break, he and his dragon look like they know what they are doing!"He then turned to Alan."I'm Niko, and the green sprite is Yumetaro. We're trying to get the gems and belt to fix our kingdom where they were stolen from."

Dark Guards, weaker versions of the Black Knights, were charging down the corridors to Drake's crash site. Unfortunatley, they did not notice the leonian sticking to the shadows. Leonians were cat like creatures with long ears that grew out from the back of their heads and often extended down to their ankles. Before the Guards reached Drake the leonian jumped in front of Drake. He was wearing a blue clothlike vest, blue pants, and wore a golden four pointed star around his neck. He was about 18 or 19, and had crystal blue eyes. "my name Is Leon, and I'm here to help!"

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:09 pm

Drake, upon seeing the Leonian, immediately brought his sword up in a defensive maneuver while yelping a bit in slight alarm. He, too, had not seen the feline creature in the darkness...and only did not attack him mainly because not only did he offer assistance, but Drake did not initially sense any malice after staring him for a few seconds.

However, despite this, he still did not lower his guard as he was still quite distrustful. He arched a flap of skin where an eyebrow would have normally been on a standard human, scanning the feline from head to toe. "...uh...huh." A Leonian named Leon, he thought. How utterly original. He was still considering possibly cutting him down anyway and being on his merry way when the Dark Guards attacked. Tearing his attention to the more pressing threat, Drake moved to bring his sword up to engage one...

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!