Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Dragon's Lair

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Dragon's Lair

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:14 am

*(I was actually sort of hoping Niko or psycho would post here again, but, seeing as how this topic is dying again...)*

Drake looped up and around. Following Sythyn's suggestion, the gold dragon moved to herd the soldiers up in the corridor for their new companion to pick off. Once he had accomplished that, he moved to settle down by the rest of the group.

As expected, the dark guards stumbled onto the path into the crossroads...and directly into Sythyn's line of fire.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:42 am

((sorry guys, Net went out on my ipod for a while. I'm back now.))
"Whew...that was great!" Excalimed Niko.
"Yes...quite great." Said a voice behind Niko. It was a knight with slim armour,half of him was black vertically, the ther half white. He had two blades sheathed on his back.
"You have been impressiv so far! My name is Twinblade. And I am here...to 'amuse' you for a while!"
THe knight unsheathed his two blades.
"Better ready yourselves for a challange!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby inherentflame on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:15 am

"Guys we now have an issue dark knights are a walkover but twinblade is different." said sythyn nervously "the only way i can possibly think of getting rid of him is if we all fight side by side but even then it will be hard."

Sythyn pulled out another arrow and fired it at twinblades chest armour. "see it is solid" he said as the arrow hit his body armour.

inherentflame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:13 am

Alan was a bit behind the the others and a warning from Liam had alerted him to twinblade he had quickly made a cloak of shadows around him and hidden out of the way to then follow him, Alan walked around behind twinblade's just as an arrow bounced off the armour Alan shrugged to Sythyn and held his sword out "lets see if the back is just as solid" Alan spun and sliced into twinblade's back but was disheartened to see a simple yet deep scratch appearer on the armour "but but my sword is solid diamond and silver" Alan breathed as he brought his sword up to parry a aggravated double bladed attack from twinblade
To kill or not to kill.... Hardly even a question.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby inherentflame on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Nyth flew up into the rafters and surveyed the battle scene below. "sythyn! weak spot on his helmet hit him while his back is turned!" He said down to sythyn below.

Sythyn heard nyth and pulled out another arrow this time he aimed at the head and as twinblade turned around to attack alan sythyn fired a devastating shot into the back of his head. It didn't kill twinblade but it severely injured him as blood spurted over the hall as the skull was penetrated, sythyn walked over to the body and pulled out his arrow, blood spurted over his boots but he wasn't bothered about that. He had noticed that the 2 blades twinblade used had disappeared and as he looked into the back of the helmet so was the skull of the opponent.

Daringly sythyn grabbed the helmet and pulled it off of what he thought was twinblades head but only turned out to be thin air.

"i have a feeling he is not dead and that he is some sort of mysterious being all i can say is he has disappeared and he will be back to full health soon."

Dropping the helmet on the floor sythyn called for nyth to come down and follow him through the halls.

inherentflame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:10 pm

"Was that even the real twinblade?" asked Niko nervously.
"I really don't know" Replied Leon "Maybe he was a fake. Maybe he was the real thing. Who knows." 
"I know, of course." Returned a voice. Suddenly Niko's shadow began to grow long and soon it began to take the shape of TwinBlade. The shadow rose and formed until it formed TwinBlade himself. 
   Niko quickly spun around and tried to hit him with his sword, but TwinBlade simply disarmed the cat without even unsheathing his sword and knocked him asaide. Yumetaro then flew at Twinblade, only to be swatted asiade. 
"Let me just give you a fair warning, okay? Stay away from the emerald, for the emerald sets the princess free, and I guard the princess! I'll be watching your every move....so don't try anything stupid!" With that, he turned back into a shadow and disappeared, leaving a folded up parchment where he stood.

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby inherentflame on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Sythyn turned back as he heard the new voice. "wow that was fairly quick for him to come back" he said.

As he saw twinblade walk off into the shadows he saw the parchment on the floor, strolling towards the hairs on his neck started to tingle "i've got a bad feeling about this but i won't let anything happen to these people".

He grabbed the parchment and started to read it as he got to half way down the parchment started to burn. "oh shit!" he shouted as he burned his hand on it.

Dropping the parchment on the floor nyth came over to him and sat down next to him. Sythyn reached into one of the three bags on either of nyth's side and pulled out some bandages, wrapped them around his hand and put them away.

"is anyone hurt? if so i can do my best to help you but i can't promise full satisfaction" he said to the group

inherentflame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Drake turned around alarmed, grasping the hilt of his broadsword and patiently awaited his chance to move in for a strike as well. He saw it upon seeing Alan in danger from the double-bladed count...but he never really got the chance when TwinBlade was taken out from an arrow to behind.

Blinking, Drake stepped back to allow the rest of the gang to investigate, only poking the discarded husk of the armor itself with his tail once everyone was done with it. As the real TwinBlade re-emerged, he once again readied his weapon but--once again--he was denied his chance to do anything as the swordsman had vanished just as quickly as he had appeared.

Now feeling substantially useless, Drake simply hung his head lightly, before offering any assistance himself to help aid the team for healing--he knew some quite powerful white magic and also had a relatively decent knowledge of first aid and emergency care.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:41 am

Alan laughed as he spotted the first signs of morphing shadows and then laughed harder as twinblade stepped out of them he went to call an insult for the cheep magic but was denied the chance with the disappearance of the man "god dammit i wanted some fun" Alan went to continue but cracked up laughing with the burning note he quickly came to his senses and put out the fire with a wave of his hand, Alan picked up the note and tried to read it but then passed on the task he passed it to Niko "here i cant read it i can only read my language"

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Niko picked up the parchment and began to read it. 
"It's not a letter...it's some sort of map.    It seems to lead to one of the towers of this castle, and the top is labled "Crysyal Tower"."
"I've heard of this 'crystal tower'"Began Leon "Its one of the four towers of this castle, rumored to be more than your normal, run of the mill castle towers too. It's locked by a
Magic spell I couldn't crack, but I think we may be able to break it with our combined magic."
"is there any plant life there?" inquired yumetaro, whose abilities were relient on plants.
"I don't think so. The entire inside is almost like being inside a cave made out of gems and crystals. Does the map say anything else Niko?" 
"Yes...according to something scrawled at the bottom there's three of the gems we need to recover: The Emerald, The Topaz, and The Quars, a deep blue colored gem."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:59 pm

Drake moved over to glance at the parchment from over Niko's shoulder, attempting to read it himself. However, he too could not recognize the symbols and was grateful that Niko could at least decipher it.

Turning towards his partner, Leon, he arched an eyeflap. "You couldn't crack it...so you've attempted to do so before, I assume." Glancing back at the map quickly, he mulled over the situation.

"This Crystal Tower, is that anywhere close by? And if not, which one of the other three are? Because from the information we've gather, I would presume that those three gems may be located in that tower...or the others." He glanced around the rest of the team. The logic may not have been especially sound, but it made sense to him.

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:34 pm

Alan stepped closer to the map going over the layout "thank you Niko and Leon from what you say i believe the magical barrier is made from the warlock gem and it is as strong as at least 3 of the crystals and the belt" Alan looked at Drake "we need to get to that tower my people are losing themselves and if i have the gem in my possession then it will fuel them as well", Liam walked up and stood next to Alan "how are we going to get the warlock gem if it is being used as a barrier" Liam watched as Alan spun around to him a smile of pure delight "every barrier has a way of being shut off and i know that gem better then anybody" Alan spoke with a no joke tone in his voice that sent a shudder though Liam who for the first time asked himself *who is Alan? what kind of warlock is Alan?* a couple other small questions.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby inherentflame on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:41 pm

As nobody wanted medical assistance from sythyn he listened intently to what niko said, after listening carefully he said "that tower is heavily guarded before you even get there the barrier is a strong force but it is heavily guarded by guards and the guards that guard it appear to be of a better standard in combat than the ones we have been killing so far." sythyn went into a like daydream type thing thinking intently about something

Nyth walked over sythyn "what is bothering you?"
Sythyn snapped out of his hard thinking and looked at nyth "i can't hide anything from you can i?" he laughed "if you must know i am thinking why we are putting ourselves in danger for this when there is others much better in combat than me in our own place."

inherentflame
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:01 am

"Judging by this map it seems that the Crystal Tower is not to far away..."Said Niko as he checked the map once more. "It should take us a good ten minutes to reach it if we just walk over there."
"And possibly longer if we encounter any hostiles. But we should only have to deal with these Black Knights and Dark Guards;all of the other monsters and creatures are locked within multiple areas of the castle by strong magic. So needless to say, we shouldn't have to worry about other hostiles." Explained Leon.
"Let's hope not."Began Yumetaro,"I wouldn't like my poor little vines to be dissolved by a voracious green ooze..."
"Alright, then it seems we're heading to the Crystal Tower."Leon looked around at the group "Any one got any objections?"

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:43 pm

"Awesome." Drake said, he grinned. "I certainly don't! Right then, team! Let's go! ONWARD, to VICTORY!"

Without even waiting for anybody else to input any objections, the large dragon barreled down the corridor off in a random direction, right arm raised with his sword gleaming in the dim light of the torches.

...he returned a moment or two later, quite beet red in his face with his eyes closed, a significantly embarrassed expression on his face. "...I have no idea where I'm going."

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:05 am

Alan smiled as the dragon barreled down the corridor and came back beet red, Alan looked over at map and then at leon "no objections from me after all the gem we are to rescue will bring my people back to full strength" Alan gasped as he realized what he had said "well" he muttered "may as well tell you the whole story" Alan sighed and looked around "my Name is Alan that much is true, i am the warlock prince and have been given the wisdom of ages but in my current state me and my people are severely weakened by the lack of the warlock gem which on death we are to give it all of our power it is our form of a technological advancement" Alan sighed and looked around stabbing a knight who had been patrolling and had found the group "so as you see" he continued "we are given the power boost needed to keep our demon halves under control we are able to do it but it does drain our powers and that is when we aren't using are powers for much else but i am the most powerful of my race so i am the one who has been asked to fight" Alan kicked at a stone before adding "plus there is the fact that i being prince having the gem will provide my people with relief from the power hungry demons inside of them".

Alan looked at the people around him knowing that they would most likely not trust him anymore "i am sorry for deceiving you but it was done to protect my race" with that he went to a corner and sat down, getting out a bottle of potion Alan took out the cork and took a deep swig feeling the power in the drink getting absorbed into him.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:50 am

"Deceiving us?" Said Leon."I don't think you were deceiving us; it was more or less a case of just being quiet. It actually relieved me of a lot of speculation."
"Yeah." Chimed in Niko."I do believe that you only told you were a warlock and that you were looking for the gem, both of which were true. You just never told us why."
"Well I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I still trust him." Declared Yumetaro.
"Me too." Agreed Niko.
"Same same."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Nightwing on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Drake simply shrugged with a passive, dismissive look on his face. He didn't seem to care one way or the other.

"Just gives me one less incentive to cut you down." He said to Alan...but he gave a smirk an arch of his eye ridge, his tone having a slightly joking tone to it. "Seriously, though, I never detected any sort of negative aura from you. Besides, we all have our back stories and our reasons to be here....and it's actually kind of nice I'm not the only one here of royal heritage."

Drake Nightwing
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nikolinni on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:54 am

"Alright, then I suppose we should have a back story moment."Said Leo. "I'm here because I'm a trainee' to become a warrior of light , and heard about how these gems were stolen and also about the evil Sorcerer. I came here to investigate and see what's what."
Next up was Niko.
"Me and Yumetaro are from the same kingdom that the gems were stolen from. We're here to get them back."

Nikolinni
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby inherentflame on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:18 pm

"if we are having back stories then i would find it fair if i also told of my past." said sythyn.
"no don't tell them" said nyth in his ear.
"i must, Well i myself have been in the kingdom of elves for many years as you may have guessed, recently there was a war between dwarves and elves where just 5 days ago a treaty was wrote up, they thought they had advantages over elves due to us losing one of the crystals we use to assist everyone in the world to good fortune and health. That is why i am here to come and seek it out unfortunately we are unsure where it is and who has stolen it. I was chosen for this task because many of our warriors were too weak from the war, i was entrusted with nyth as he was rescued during the war and thus has accompanied me here. I hope that is enough information for you" As sythyn stopped nyth let out a giant yawn which shook the hallway and rubble dropped down on sythyn's head.

inherentflame
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!